Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

I noticed this: "Yet Amy continued to keep her loved ones in mind. She and Dillon staged a "send-off" to signify a change in atmosphere for the rest of the evening, after which most of the Duggar clan and elderly wedding guests left."

So who stayed?!?

Jessa and Ben stayed, to preach to the heathens, of course. ;)

• Love 3

She probably wanted to trap this one into marriage. His family has money. She waited too long with the hockey player.

I think so as well. Amy is 30 with no degree, no trade skill, no work experience and a failed singing career. If she was able to snag a guy with money I have no doubt in my mind she'd pull an "oops" and "forget" to take her birth control pills.

• Love 3

Neither dress fit properly.  Amy was never taught a basic rule of fitting - if it wrinkles while you're standing straight, it doesn't fit right.  I think she could definitely have found more flattering dresses than either one she chose.  I hope she had the wedding of her choice and it seems that she did.

• Love 3

Amy must have had a "no social media" rule. There doesn't seem to be a pic posted anywhere other than the People one. Even Michael Bates wedding pics were all over the interwebs within minutes. Where is David Waller when we need him?

Yesssssss this wedding needed more of TFDW!

I'm shocked by the lack of pictures too. I mean it's FAMY how else can you become more famous if we can't gawk at your wedding pictures. 

Look up on instagram #ringsforthekings or #dillandduggsforever

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/ringsforthekings/

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/dillandduggsforever/

Ok the dress looks so much better in these pictures. Look ma she has a glass of water.........

• Love 3

I haven't seen many pix yet (they'll drift by in front of me in the next few days), but certain things struck me.

• The bodice may indeed be too tight, but the overall lack of bling appeals to me (a smooth, wrinkle-free wedding dress with clean lines is the sort of thing I like).
  • She doesn't seem to be doing the strapless shoulder-hunch - too many brides seem to be terrified of popping out, which is mostly a matter of poor fit.
  • Her makeup looks good, and her hair looks clean.  Very un-Duggar.
  • The lack of social media plus certain other things (I thought I read somewhere that this is the groom's family's farm?) lead me to think Amy doesn't have to scramble for a reality-show income, or invite the world (ideally bearing gifts).

But what I like most about the dress is how it finally crystallized a reaction I've been having to the fundy dresses (and Michelle's absurd gray thing from Jill's wedding) - if you completely hide not just cleavage but any and all signs that you have a female-type chest, you look like you are trying to conceal a double-mastectomy.  And that sub-consciously-inferred subtext makes it painful to look at those pictures (at least for me).

ETA: not to be catty, because I'm not, but there is a certain type of Southern femininity that kicks in after high school, and involves a diet with lots of fried chicken, and other battered foods.

Edited by kassygreene
  • Love 5

I thought Amy dated a minor league baseball player? Was there a hockey player in the mix as well? Virgin, my ass, but it's cute if that's the story she wants to sell.

I agree the dress was much better looking in the Instagram pics. I still think she's concealing a baby bump, but either way it's no big deal.

• Love 5

It's driving me crazy to see the Instagram pics captioned "The King's." However, there's plenty of "should of" and "could of" on this very forum, grrrr! So we can't be catty and just throw insults at the Dugg fans for that kind of thing, I guess.

I would be surprised if we didn't see pics of the Kings at the all-inclusive in Cancun from other guests there. We will just have to wait and see, but my money is on our seeing honeymoon pics from other people, soon. Not that Famy would mind!

• Love 8

I thought Amy dated a minor league baseball player? Was there a hockey player in the mix as well? Virgin, my ass, but it's cute if that's the story she wants to sell.

I agree the dress was much better looking in the Instagram pics. I still think she's concealing a baby bump, but either way it's no big deal.

Here she is with Matt Sample minor league baseball player. Never heard of her with any hockey player. Dillon King is a consolation prize. 343g9ja.jpg

As for a baby bump, I think she's just really unfortunately proportioned. The way her boobs were pushed so far up and with her short arms, what looked like her waist was probably really her rib cage. She changed into a satin outfit (not ideal for hiding bumps of any kind) for her reception, and drank booze there.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 2

I'll bet Jim Bob had all the children sneak a piece of chicken into their pockets to take home.

I wonder if Josie licked the candlesticks?

I agree that the dugs should have had their separate table in the parking lot. Jill and jessa should feel so embarrassed. Her family has no where near the money that boob does. They treated their wedding guests like crap.

• Love 9

"I'm so excited to take his last name, which I heard is trending [on Twitter] right now, that I’m ready to change my last name, which is the funniest thing, but I mean it’s true,” she told Us. “I think that’s going to be a really awesome feeling.”

What was she trying to say? I'm so confused.

I've tried to make sense of that quote a number of times.

I'm hoping that she's doing a, mentally challenging, happy-dance to be rid of her millstone of the Duggar name.

The Twitter mention is fame-ho bonus?

• Love 1

I'll bet Jim Bob had all the children sneak a piece of chicken into their pockets to take home.

I wonder if Josie licked the candlesticks?

I agree that the dugs should have had their separate table in the parking lot. Jill and jessa should feel so embarrassed. Her family has no where near the money that boob does. They treated their wedding guests like crap.

Hell Boob probably stayed til the bitter end and took all the left over trays of food home because he has 18 starving children, in-laws and grandchildren to feed.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 6

IOW her interview with People about not wanting to use her adopted name of Duggar any more got a lot of attention on Twitter, which she purports to believe is humorous or odd because she had no idea that attention would result from multiple interviews with People piggybacking on a national scandal involving celebrities, sex and politics. Also, she really would rather be a King than a Duggar, a distinction which no doubt would deeply confuse Jim Bob, who thinks he can be both.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 16

Yesssssss this wedding needed more of TFDW!

I'm shocked by the lack of pictures too. I mean it's FAMY how else can you become more famous if we can't gawk at your wedding pictures. 

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/ringsforthekings/

https://instagram.com/explore/tags/dillandduggsforever/

Ok the dress looks so much better in these pictures. Look ma she has a glass of water.........

Am I hallucinating or does the dress have a mesh midriff? Because, if so, uh, tacky much? (or maybe that's just me) (And if it doesn't have a mesh midriff, what is that midriff, anyway?)

• Love 1

I can see #duggar trending for reasons that are partly but mostly not about her, but not #king, or at least not relating to her or her husband in any way ... if that's what she meant.

Mrs Amy Rachelle Jordan Duggar King.

Edited by Kokapetl

I'm impressed that she could put together such a nice wedding in so little time.

It was on his family's property right?  Did they build this chapel-looking shelter for the wedding or was it already on the property?https://instagram.com/p/7Vis9BNk2w/?tagged=ringsforthekings

Also, here's a look at her reception dress: https://instagram.com/p/7VRc7dwROK/?tagged=ringsforthekings

Which has a terrible seam in the middle, making her again look pregnant: https://instagram.com/p/7VKKyfjtVp/?tagged=ringsforthekings

What was Michelle's motive for wearing white to the wedding: https://instagram.com/p/7Vrnv_g4km/?tagged=duggar

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 2

Am I hallucinating or does the dress have a mesh midriff? Because, if so, uh, tacky much? (or maybe that's just me) (And if it doesn't have a mesh midriff, what is that midriff, anyway?)

I think it's safe to say she'd be severely muffin topping if that were mesh.

I'm impressed that she could put together such a nice wedding in so little time.

Her father is an artist, and Mr King studied design. I assumed it would be at least somewhat tasteful.

IMHO I don't personally like her dress and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with my husband and sons seeing her knockers like that. I'd have to pull a Michelle and scream NIKE! No seriously though I'd be very uncomfortable there with my kids and husband.

• Love 1

I love Pinterest as much as anyone, but I'm so over the wooden signs.  I get it's a country wedding, but just STOP.

I think this is the last hurrah for an Amy cash grab.  Maybe when the baby comes there could be a little mention.  But if she isn't already pregnant, but the time she grows her fetus, it will be Amy who?  Fame is fleeting, Amy.  Or should I say Famy.

• Love 2

IMHO I don't personally like her dress and I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with my husband and sons seeing her knockers like that. I'd have to pull a Michelle and scream NIKE! No seriously though I'd be very uncomfortable there with my kids and husband.

Just curious, what happens when you go to the beach?  Most women's bikini's show a lot more than that - top and bottom.  A woman's body is beautiful, and my husband and son know it's up to them to control themselves.  I wear a lot less than Amy wore when I go to the beach.  

• Love 22

I think it's safe to say she'd be severely muffin topping if that were mesh. Her father is an artist, and Mr King studied design. I assumed it would be at least somewhat tasteful.

I thought about that, but what the heck is it? I can't figure it out. Is it just white in the shadow of the Grand Tetons, or what?

• Love 2

Well I don't feel comfortable there either, partly bc after having 4 children and being 5ft I feel like I look like a ompa lompa, and my husband can control himself but my 5 and 9 year olds look and I don't like that. It's still a learning process teaching them that women aren't ment to be stared at like that.

ETA: I can't tell you the last time we went to the beach, but when we go to the lake we go on a boat and usually are pretty secluded

Edited by MrsMommy
  • Love 1

I agree it would be helpful to know what the trending hashtag was before deciphering Amy's statement, lol.  #cantwaittotakehislastname ?  Unfortunately I think too much time has passed, and suspect she's not trending anymore.

You don't really need to ask, right?

Given her views on purity, I'd say she's sending the signal that she's every bit as qualified as the bride is to wear white to that wedding. Or, at least, Jim Bob is, because I can't imagine that Michelle gets to choose her own clothes, or that she had a knee-length dress hanging in her closet.

• Love 2

You don't really need to ask, right?

Well, I'm sure Michelle watched a nurse when she had her bizillion kids.  By Duggar standards, she's an expert.  She dressed for the job in case somebody fainted at the sight of Amy's boobies.  She even has the big, giant watch to pretend with.  Although I would question her time telling abilities. 

• Love 7

Do the Kings own the Horton Farms wedding venue? Because that's where those pictures were taken.

No rain is predicted today, but it will be a sizzling summer day in Northwest Arkansas with temperatures climbing to 91 degrees in the shade and humidity of 84 percent. The 300-acre farm belongs to Dillon King’s parents, Jeannine and Dan Mark King. It has a large pond which might see some swimmers before the night is over.  http://www.inquisitr.com/2397155/amy-duggar-wedding-day-is-here-and-final-preparations-are-made-on-dillon-king-family-farm/

• Love 1

No rain is predicted today, but it will be a sizzling summer day in Northwest Arkansas with temperatures climbing to 91 degrees in the shade and humidity of 84 percent. The 300-acre farm belongs to Dillon King’s parents, Jeannine and Dan Mark King. It has a large pond which might see some swimmers before the night is over. http://www.inquisitr.com/2397155/amy-duggar-wedding-day-is-here-and-final-preparations-are-made-on-dillon-king-family-farm/

Well, Horton Farms is hosting one of the pictures on Instagram, this sure looks like the chapel, and it comes with this reception venue, so perhaps they chose to protect their People story by spreading a bit of misinformation?

eta: Entertainment tonight confirms it's Horton Farms

http://www.etonline.com/news/171402_inside_amy_duggar_country_chic_farm_wedding_full_alcohol_bar_dj_dance_party_more/

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

Well I don't feel comfortable there either, partly bc after having 4 children and being 5ft I feel like I look like a ompa lompa, and my husband can control himself but my 5 and 9 year olds look and I don't like that. It's still a learning process teaching them that women aren't ment to be stared at like that.

ETA: I can't tell you the last time we went to the beach, but when we go to the lake we go on a boat and usually are pretty secluded

My son grew up at the beach.  He didn't stare, it's just a natural part of the human body.  Like I can see a guy in a bathing suit and admire his bod but sex is about love not body parts so I'm not about to try and pick him up.   I expect the men in my life to know the difference as well. 

I'm sure the only clothing etiquette Michelle knows is Gothard, and he must not be aware of only the bride wearing white to a wedding.

Clothing aside, Michelle looks pretty ragged.

https://instagram.com/p/7Vrnv_g4km/

I am so horribly NOT surprised that MEchelle wore WHITE to Amy's wedding.  ME ME ME MEchelle.  Most people KNOW that WHITE is reserved for the bride as it is HER day to shine.   I can't stand MEchelle.  Everything has to be about HER.  I'm surprised she didn't walk up the aisle.  What a bitch.

• Love 8

I thought about that, but what the heck is it? I can't figure it out. Is it just white in the shadow of the Grand Tetons, or what?

Amy isn't wearing a mesh midriff see through gown. She has a satiny sash that appears to be in her rose gold color but with her self tan it does sort match her skin tone. In pix from behind you can see the sash trailing down her dress.

• Love 4

Well, Horton Farms is hosting one of the pictures on Instagram, this sure looks like the chapel, and it comes with this reception venue, so perhaps they chose to protect their People story by spreading a bit of misinformation?

eta: Entertainment tonight confirms it's Horton Farms

http://www.etonline.com/news/171402_inside_amy_duggar_country_chic_farm_wedding_full_alcohol_bar_dj_dance_party_more/

I found the tax record for the property, the owners are people named Horton.

Wow, Amy, bad choice going with a shiny satin dress for the reception. That is the most unforgiving material because any lumps and bumps in your figure are magnified by the sheen in the fabric.

Michelle looked like a nurse from a 1960s mental institution who just got off the night shift and can't wait to go home and pour herself a Jack and Coke. And wtf is up with that cheap ass plastic Timex? I mean damn, in all her years of marriage, Boob couldn't spring for a nice watch that she could wear to formal events?

The Daily Fail has reception pics and all the Duggar kids plus Anna look miserable. That could be due to the heat and humidity, but it's interesting to see their expressions when they don't know their picture is being taken.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14