Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I just don't understand why they don't realize that acknowledging things that aren't perfect would help their brand, not hurt. No one is going to think Josie's a bad person because of delays! Instead, they should think about all the parents out there whose kids have delays, who could relate to the show!

Because God rewards those who follow His words the most faithfully with nothing but blessings...To admit that something is not perfect reflects on their Godliness, and therefore their whole brand...

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I  think it would partially depend on whether there were any other issues

No, it means they don't do age adjustment any more.  That's across the board.  Any other issues are just issues. The kid is treated as a 7 year old not an adjusted age because by the time they reach 3 and above the range is so wide that it becomes a no longer useful concept plus most of the catching up that is going to occur has done so. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

No, it means they don't do age adjustment any more.  That's across the board.  Any other issues are just issues. The kid is treated as a 7 year old not an adjusted age because by the time they reach 3 and above the range is so wide that it becomes a no longer useful concept plus most of the catching up that is going to occur has done so. 

Ah. OK, I get it. Thanks :)

• Love 1

I wonder if Josie's writing is so poor because she's simply not practicing enough. I doubt the Duggar children are sitting down and doing a full day's curriculum the way kids are in a regular school (or in a home school where the parents actually give a damn). 

I imagine a typical day in that household means getting up late morning, grazing on whatever food they can scrounge from the kitchen, doing some half-assed lessons on the computer and running wild the rest of the afternoon. 

• Love 8

Weren't there comments several years ago about the deplorable writing of Jackson and the Lost Girls? (When they signed books, I think?) Most likely they do not get enough practice, and are perhaps being taught by not-much-older siblings. Josie could definitely have motor skills issues as well, but I don't think her writing looks much worse than that of her siblings.

• Love 5

I'm not knocking Josie's abilities, but I wonder how Mac's schoolwork compares to hers since they are the  same age.  Anna seemed more into  home schooling than her MIL, at least before the scandals, so I'm sure Mac is  ahead.  Maybe Josie can transfer to Aunt Anna's school room where she would get more attention. Is Tabitha still around? 

• Love 1

It's hard to know by Josie's practice printing how good or behind she is. If she completed the example shown in a few minutes then it's probably within the average. If it took her a half hour or so then she probably is a bit behind. But we have seen other examples of Josie not being the most dexterous kid. I think Josie may have mild cerebral palsy, which if true the Duggars know this too. And like other posters have stated, the Duggars could have used this as an opportunity to show how kids with different needs benefit from available services.

When the Duggars began homeschooling it appeared as though they mimicked a typical classroom. It seems in later years they have relied more on computers to educate their kids. Computers are a great tool, but you can't ask a computer spontaneous questions (I guess there is Google), computers can't teach handwriting, sitting in front of a computer doesn't allow for kids to hear other kids questions and thoughts, etc. IMO computer based learning stifles creativity and individuality, which I guess is the Duggars style anyway.

When I see pictures of these little desks shoved in solitary dark corners, or a bank of computers lined up in a windowless alcove, or a kid searching a cavernous closet for his school packet, it makes me shudder.

Learning should be and can be a rich and fun environment that helps develop a lifetime of enthusiasm and curiosity, again not something in the Duggars wheelhouse. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I just don't understand why they don't realize that acknowledging things that aren't perfect would help their brand, not hurt. No one is going to think Josie's a bad person because of delays! Instead, they should think about all the parents out there whose kids have delays, who could relate to the show!

I think Gothardism is a lot like Scientology. Both lying cults -- and some other cults, as well, of course -- literally promise you that if you follow their batshit rules the bad stuff that afflicts other people won't touch you. .....

So it's either acknowledge problems or give up believing and declaring that your nutso belief system can do what it says because Holy!. The Duggs would obviously rather continue proclaiming that they're premier members of God's specially chosen buddy group than admit that things aren't working out the way they've always fantasized that they will. It's immature, irrational, ignorant and, to me, evidence that JB and M have serious psychological and emotional problems. But they get to be monarchs of the TTH anyway.

Too bad for those kids. Starting with molester Josh and his victims and continuing down through likely-developmental-issues Josie. .... And of course we don't know how many other less obvious-to-the-tv-cameras problems involving other kids are also swept under the rug. Tragic, really.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Computers are a great tool, but you can't ask a computer spontaneous questions (I guess there is Google), computers can't teach handwriting, sitting in front of a computer doesn't allow for kids to hear other kids questions and thoughts, etc. IMO computer based learning stifles creativity and individuality, which I guess is the Duggars style anyway.

You can't ask a Duggarling a random question either. They only parrot what they have been told. That said, an African Gray is a Rhosdes scholar compared to most of the Dugglets.

15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Too bad for those kids. Starting with molester Josh and his victims and continuing down through likely-developmental-issues Josie. .... And of course we don't know how many other less obvious-to-the-tv-cameras problems involving other kids are also swept under the rug. Tragic, really.

Yes it is tragic.  There's Muffy with obvious mental health issues and her Scruffy husband as well. Aaaaaaaaaand perpetually scabby Hannie. One poster said Jilly Rod would claim that Plexus would fix that, so maybe she should use it to fatten up her own sickly kids. I guess in Fundyland praying it away and Plexus fix everything. Though I believe that prayer can be very powerful, a skilled doctor who knows just the right things to do also helps.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Why would the Duggars know anything is wrong about Josie? When people who are medical professionals told them what to expect and be on the lookout for thet had their fingers in their ears singing la la la.

I think they've known Josie isn't quite right since she was born. That why she always received special treatment, why they make her wears tights under everything. If she cried, she would end up puking, so they've always indulged her.  

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I'm not knocking Josie's abilities, but I wonder how Mac's schoolwork compares to hers since they are the  same age.  Anna seemed more into  home schooling than her MIL, at least before the scandals, so I'm sure Mac is  ahead.  Maybe Josie can transfer to Aunt Anna's school room where she would get more attention. Is Tabitha still around? 

It would be sister-in-law Anna but I get your meaning.

On 12/15/2016 at 2:03 PM, Christina87 said:

That's so true.  In my state, every spring, parents can take their three year old to be tested for fine/gross motor delays, speech delays, social delays, etc.  The program is called Child Find.  If any delays are suspected, the child is then scheduled for a real in depth testing.  If the child qualifies, FREE public school preschool is offered 4 mornings or afternoons per week.  Free bus too.  I took my child, thinking he was of course, perfect and advanced for his age!  Imagine my surprise that he had gross and fine motor and speech delays!  After 2 years of this preschool, which included daily work with a speech therapist, and occupational therapist, and regular preschool teacher, he was just fine to start regular kindergarten.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

That's so true.  In my state, every spring, parents can take their three year old to be tested for fine/gross motor delays, speech delays, social delays, etc.  The program is called Child Find.  If any delays are suspected, the child is then scheduled for a real in depth testing.  If the child qualifies, FREE public school preschool is offered 4 mornings or afternoons per week.  Free bus too.  I took my child, thinking he was of course, perfect and advanced for his age!  Imagine my surprise that he had gross and fine motor and speech delays!  After 2 years of this preschool, which included daily work with a speech therapist, and occupational therapist, and regular preschool teacher, he was just fine to start regular kindergarten.

Well that sounds like a wonderful opportunity for normal thinking folks such as you.  The Duggars would probably never allow such testing and then also never allow their offspring to Go To School away from their control. Very sad, isn't it.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You can't ask a Duggarling a random question either. They only parrot what they have been told. That said, an African Gray is a Rhosdes scholar compared to most of the Dugglets.

The African Gray probably has a larger vocabulary as well....

Does anyone else think the wheels are completely coming off with this family? The Littles look feral, mangy and dirty, Derick looks like death warmed over, Boob and Michelle hide out in their room unless it's Date Night, Jana is drowning her misery in DIY projects, Jinger and Jeremy are M.I.A., Josh and Anna have gained forty pounds between them and Joy is being sold for slaughter to keep the gravy train going. If TLC would stop being such a bunch of pansies and let the gloves come off, this show could get really interesting.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The African Gray probably has a larger vocabulary as well....

Does anyone else think the wheels are completely coming off with this family? The Littles look feral, mangy and dirty, tDerick looks like death warmed over, Boob and Michelle hide out in their room unless it's Date Night, Jana is drowning her misery in DIY projects, Jinger and Jeremy are M.I.A., Josh and Anna have gained forty pounds between them and Joy is being sold for slaughter to keep the gravy train going. If TLC would stop being such a bunch of pansies and let the gloves come off, this show could get really interesting.

Do you think Boob is going to allow TLC to let his kids take the gloves off and say what they really think or fight with one another? Though it would be more interesting,right now watching paint dry is more interesting than watching the Dugglets struggle to put a sentemce together.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Do you think Boob is going to allow TLC to let his kids take the gloves off and say what they really think 

No, definitely not. Boob doesn't have enough self-awareness to realize nobody believes this family is happy or functioning normally. That pretty much went out the window with Joshgates, plural. They'll just keep doubling down on the lies. Boob just better hope Derick doesn't go full potato before they have a couple more seasons in the bag.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

No, definitely not. Boob doesn't have enough self-awareness to realize nobody believes this family is happy or functioning normally. That pretty much went out the window with Joshgates, plural. They'll just keep doubling down on the lies. Boob just better hope Derick doesn't go full potato before they have a couple more seasons in the bag.

Seems to be that both Manbun and Silly Jilly are inches away from both of them losing their shit. Though I don't wish a nervous breakdown on anyone, because that's just cruel, It might just have to come to that for Boob to realize that mental illness is real. His consort, Xanaxia definitely looks medicated. I wonder if the kiss pic is an Internet FU to those who might be speculating on their marital discord.

Heres another thing I don't get about Fundies-Plexus for Jill R, scraps for their kids...hospital births for Michelle, Jill and Jessa get botched home births. I guess only the broodmare gets special caring and extra nutrition or medication, while everyone else suffers?

• Love 5

I wonder what the parents of Josie's NICU friend, the little boy they showed on the show,  think?  Every child is different but he is probably way ahead of Josie because his parents made sure he got the proper resources. I can't understand why Boob & MEchelle wouldn't be spokespersons for March of Dimes or another cause. Well I know we've answered that before, Josie is perfect & doesn't need any help 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Happy Birthday, Jordyn, I hope that your family remembers it and that it is not lost due to Miracale's celebrations.

Jordyn's birthday is tomorrow (18th). As others noted when pics of the bowling/DQ party cane out, I agree that they get a joint party. Filmed this time so Boob can weasel back as many of the minors as possible. 

I also wonder what became of Samuel Poor. Even if he's being homescholed, Sarah was an elementary school teacher and could recognize any  lingering delays. Since he was already receiving services, the Popes, seemingly contrary to the Duggars, admit their son isn't perfect and will get him whatever help he needs to succeed in school and society. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
My hands are too small to type two-handed. I really need to cut thenail of my typing finger. LOL
7 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Happy Birthday, Jordyn, I hope that your family remembers it and that it is not lost due to Miracale's celebrations.

Jordyn's birthday is tomorrow (18th). As others noted when pics of the bowling/DQ party cane out, I agree that they get a joint party. Filmed this time so Boob can weasel back as many of the minors as possible. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I wonder what the parents of Josie's NICU friend, the little boy they showed on the show,  think?  Every child is different but he is probably way ahead of Josie because his parents made sure he got the proper resources. I can't understand why Boob & MEchelle wouldn't be spokespersons for March of Dimes or another cause. Well I know we've answered that before, Josie is perfect & doesn't need any help 

Somebody probably told Boob the March of Dimes was founded by the Roosevelts. FDR! Eleanor! Satan! ... Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a thing in his religio-political circles.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I also wonder what became of Samuel Poor. Even if he's being homescholed, Sarah was an elementary school teacher and could recognize any  lingering delays. Since he was already receiving services, the Popes, seemingly contrary to the Duggars, admit their son isn't perfect and will get him whatever help he needs to succeed in school and society. 

This was posted in January

Samuel started his last year of preschool this year.  It was a tough decision to wait another year for kindergarten.  I just wasn't sure.  He is so smart and so ready to be reading (he can already read CVC words and sound out words while writing) but he was socially and emotionally a bit behind.  In the end, we went with our gut and held him back.  BEST DECISION EVER!!!!!!!!!  He has thrived this year and my heart is just soaring.  We've seen incredible growth from him.  He is more mature, he handles frustration better, he's not the smallest kid in his class (although he is close....ha!), and he has friends. 

There are some really cute pictures on her blog

http://samuelpope.blogspot.com/

• Love 11

How did my spellcheck got "Poor" out of "Pope?" I consciously corrected it once, and apparently it and it STILL flipped back! I think typing with my left hand hides a lot of the corrections, hence edits on almost every.bloody.post from my phone. 

I didn't know Sarah was still blogging! I thought she gave it up when her little girl was born. I'm so glad to hear that Samuel is continuing to have his (what seem to be) ongoing issues addressed, and that he is catching up both academically and socially. Doing quick math, that means he's in Kindergarten now, which is about the level Josie is working at, but remember Samuel had many more challenges to overcome.

HEAR THIS, DUGGARS????? 

eta: Just checked out Sarah's blog. I hope her photography business takes off. She has some lovely pictures. Far beyond anything Jinger Duggar ever produced. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I also wonder what became of Samuel Poor. Even if he's being homescholed,

Sarah sent him to school.  He went to two years of pre-school and is in kindergarten now unless she's pulled him out in the last month or so.  She's a big believer in the power of socialization.  He, like Josie, is still very small for his age, but he looks like a regular kid.

Sarah isn't really fundie.  They are regular SBC I think. 

• Love 4

Now that the Kings are outed, and Famy had to explain their "reasons" for going on that show, she's now officially pimping it. 

And I will never stop criticizing her for famewhoring out a newlywed relationship for cash. Does anyone know how far ahead these things are cast, since they'd only been married maybe 6-7 months when they filmed last spring. 

19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

How did my spellcheck got "Poor" out of "Pope?" I consciously corrected it once, and apparently it and it STILL flipped back! I think typing with my left hand hides a lot of the corrections, hence edits on almost every.bloody.post from my phone. 

I didn't know Sarah was still blogging! I thought she gave it up when her little girl was born. I'm so glad to hear that Samuel is continuing to have his (what seem to be) ongoing issues addressed, and that he is catching up both academically and socially. Doing quick math, that means he's in Kindergarten now, which is about the level Josie is working at, but remember Samuel had many more challenges to overcome.

HEAR THIS, DUGGARS????? 

eta: Just checked out Sarah's blog. I hope her photography business takes off. She has some lovely pictures. Far beyond anything Jinger Duggar ever produced. 

You are right, some of those photos are absolutely gorgeous! Sorry this is off topic, but I had to go check them out after you mentioned them and want to make sure everyone else does as well. She really seems to have a gift for it!

• Love 4
On November 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm just hoping for an Alyssa Bates type rebel AKA pants wearer, etc., not Patty Hearst.

Unless there is a special need, which they deny, there is no need for a child this old to be playing in her food. 

Nor to be photographed doing it like baby's first birthday. Good heavens!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, mbutterfly said:

Nor to be photographed doing it like baby's first birthday. Good heavens!

Or having fruit juice manicures. But I guess as long as their nails are painted, y'all think they're hoping we won't notice how unkempt and dirty the Lost Girls are?

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1

Jordyn got her party last week. Now we wait to see if DFO posts a message after churchie and sweet lunchtime fellowship.

eta: They JUST put up a post for poor, sacrificial Jordyn who just wanted lunch at a Mexican restaurant (aka: they went with Jessa to Tacos 4 Life). I can't paste it, but it was pretty sad.

Edited by Sew Sumi

Why is Mechelle wearing a string of Christmas lights around her neck? Don't they belong on heathen, pagan trees? And it's a family lunch. Jordyn's sperm and egg donor couldn't have even arranged for all those drivers (they have like 6,and that doesn't even include Smuganna or, possibly, Benessa) to take the other kids home so that the poor girl could have some quality time with those people?

• Love 2

Jordyn has NO affection or bond with Michelle!  NONE!  And I really hate how all Michelle ever likes about any of her girls is that they like babies.  How can any of them dream of a future that involves their real desires, talents, and ambitions when babies...babies... babies are constantly pushed down their throats.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Jumping in to ask what is with the light bulbs? Was this a gift from Jim Bob? Did anyone else see Ben in the background? I now return you to your regular posting.

The Ben sighting pretty much confirms that they're attending the same church as Mere and Pere Duggar (Lighthouse Baptist - IFB - for those who missed my post about it last week or so). With the entire family there, instead of the usual outing with just Boob/Mechelle, it confirms that they went to lunch right after church. 

I'm also pretty sure that they're at Tacos 4 Life. And poor Jordyn. Girl looks MISERABLE. Then again, wouldn't you if that woman was stealing your thunder?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Barbie said:

Why do these happy birthday videos all look like a hostage situation?  Poor Jordyn looks like she would rather be anywhere else... 

30 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jordyn has NO affection or bond with Michelle!  NONE!  And I really hate how all Michelle ever likes about any of her girls is that they like babies.  How can any of them dream of a future that involves their real desires, talents, and ambitions when babies...babies... babies are constantly pushed down their throats.

Yes, and "serving" and "helping" and "carrying babies." And various other generic things. Because Mom couldn't be assed to figure out what her daughter actually ENJOYS doing, unique to her. Jordyn really does look miserable.

• Love 7

I am sooooo glad Jessa actually has a bond with that child. Poor girl couldn't be more neglected. 

This screams of a justification to ignore Jordyn. By pushing her into the "sacrificial" role, they're convincing themselves (and the poor child) that she has a "giving" nature and prefers to stay in the background.

I can just hear boob discussing teenage Jordyn: "she has always just wanted to stay in the background, as long as we can remember! Josie is our little diva, and loves attention. Jordyn would rather be in the background doing her laundry."

Too bad the show wasn't around when the kidults were little. I wonder if they did the same thing with Jana. 

• Love 3

I don't even know that Jessa's "bond" with Jordyn is real. Jessa never seemed close to her buddies like Jill did with hers. I think she did it more out of obligation, and only keeps up the charade now when cameras are rolling. I NEVER remember Jessa taking over care or comforting the girl when her parents (often) failed her. Now that Jessa almost has two of her own, I only expect Jordyn to be used for her own private daycare. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7