Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I guess Derelict will be counting the hours before he has to break up with his man bun...anyone care to wager how long that man bun will last stateside?

Depends on how far the assigned rental/flip housing is from the TTH. Derick had the hair slicked back into said bun on that anniversary video, so Boob KNOWS of its existence. Even if he can't see it, he can see no end to the hair on Derick's head. I can only imagine what's going on in Boob's head when he sees those pics of his derelict son in law. It can't ALL be due to the fact that he's denying pain meds or possible depression, both of which I think he needs to address with professionals. REAL ones. 

35 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'm betting they both get a Silkwood style hose down their first seconds back on TTH soil.

I'm thinking I'm going to need a Silkwood style hose down just visualizing them getting a Silkwood style hose down.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I'm betting they both get a Silkwood style hose down their first seconds back on TTH soil.

They'll be cleaned up before they leave Danger Americo.  They're heading back mostly to secure money for future missioncation time.  Derick will look presentable for JB as his wallet is the first to hit and JB will most likely to be at the airport to pick these fools up because he can't resist the cameras.  Derick will have to pull his old, Walmart corporate clothes out of storage for when they start "speaking"/begging at local churches for continued vacation funds.  He will look a disjointed hot mess. 

• Love 2
On July 20, 2016 at 4:57 PM, Sew Sumi said:

No, Meredith's a year old. That baby is too small and doesn't have the patented Duggar Big Head. Plus, that boy is in a onesie; Meredith is always in a dress and leggings. 

But I came here to post the following. Oh, that pesky wifi in Danger America...it always seems to be working! 

Either they chose to post terrible photos, or Izzy is just a bit of an unfortunate looking baby. But maybe it's just Jill's inability to tell what a good picture looks like, as the screenshot of Spurgeon she chose was pretty awful (and he's generally adorable).

• Love 1

Izzy looks just fine. 

I've seen a truly ugly baby, and I still shudder at the memory.  The poor thing didn't even have some kind of deformity to blame the hideousness on.  But the baby's mother thought that child was the cutest thing ever.  The baby actually looked a lot like the mother, but the features were sort of...off.  The mom looked perfectly normal, but when you really looked at her you could see that she had a lot of facial features that were right on the verge of looking weird.

When the mom was gushing that the baby looked exactly like she did at the same age, I realized that the child just had to grow into it's face.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Poor Derrick needs to find his best angle to pose for photos. Every star has a best side--just ask Tori Spelling. Looking straight into the camera does not help Derrick's situation. 

A successful lawsuit against the surgeon could fund a lot of mission-vacations to Danger America and pay a new surgeon to get Derrick's face realigned. Would Jim Boob spring for a lawyer? 

Bringing this over from the Boob/MEchelle topic.

Lawyers in the US take plaintiff's personal injury (including med malpractice) cases on a contingency fee basis. So no need for Boob or Derick to pay attorney fees upfront. However, we really don't have all that much info on Derick's current medical situation although we know he looks bad in most photos. Is this an interim situation, with future procedures planned? What was the actual medical reason for the past surgery - cosmetic or something functional that takes precedence over cosmetic appearances? Is Derick's current appearance within the realm of possibility or probability that was discussed with him pre-surgery? Did he follow his doc's instructions as to post-surgery care? There absolutely are qualified doctors, dentists, and dental surgeons in Central America*, but did Derelict and Moonbeam blow off finding the right one and just wing it with Derick's follow up care? I don't think they've disclosed all that much about his current situation and talk of lawsuits is IMO speculation stacked on speculation. But OTOH he does look bad, so I understand why the subject would come up.

*A friend of mine recently had tooth implants done in Costa Rica at a fraction of the cost of what a dentist here in the US would charge, including his multiple trips over the months it took. He's quite happy with the results.

Edited by Jeeves
To add the contingency fee URL
  • Love 2

Who knows what care Derelict has had. He may well just be "trusting God" to heal him. Given his non-action w/r/t Jill's "72 hour" labor, he may well be that hands-off. Does anyone know vax rules for Americans living on (assumed) world visas in DA? I would think that at minimum, the Big White Baby must have his shots. At least I hope so, and if he has, likely a first for Duggarspawn. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am still torn about what is in that plastic bucket.  Bananas, cucumbers, but one thing I know is in there is some sort of grime.  I can't see it but I will assume its there cause THEY look grimy.  Wonder how many of the resident Danger Americans are counting the days until that creepy couple with the ginormous white baby are going to stop flailing around and trying to teach them how to have a successful marriage?

I am TOTALLY bringing them today as well as cake cause I think I recall its someone's bday today!  I AM from CA so my cake will be kinda special.  I will call it the Jesus Herb cake :).  It sounds like the feast will be complete with the velveeta nachos and margaritas.  Obviously I am a godless sinner hence the JH cake :).

I'm down with the JH cake...sounds good.  Please tell me you aren't going to start bringing the tapas in a Lego bin or baby wipe container.  I hear that's a new Instagram trend according to the Jillards.  It surprises me that they eat like that after all the stuff they grifted for, unless Boob expropriated it all to stock his own larder. I also get they couldn't bring it all with, but come on.  You can buy a decent set of dishes from Wally World for under $20. Central America has a continental dining culture, you know, Jillards, it's what you'd call classy in Arkansas, Real plates and at least more than one set of silverware for different courses, where the usage of said knife and fork is carried throughout the meal. I remember when ( I think it was Boob and Chelle, Jillards, and Sea Worlds) had an etiquette lesson and they all looked so uncomfortable.  

Jillards are pretty gross and not very high on the intellect meter.  I will be super grossed out if that was a baby wipe container because, I  honestly don't think hand washing is a priority in that house and we all know how the diaper change process works.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/20/2016 at 5:06 PM, ginger90 said:

They still don't seem to know how to secure a child in a car seat. Ugh

It's been a long time since I had to buckle a baby in a car seat. What's wrong with the way Israel is fastened in his? I'm not seeing what's wrong ...

ETA: I was curious so I looked it up. So I guess the clip should be even with his armpits and it's too low is the main thing. And people have posted he is too big for the seat he is in.  And someone he is saying he is in the front seat. What a mess lol poor kid

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
44 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It's been a long time since I had to buckle a baby in a car seat. What's wrong with the way Israel is fastened in his? I'm not seeing what's wrong ...

ETA: I was curious so I looked it up. So I guess the clip should be even with his armpits and it's too low is the main thing. And people have posted he is too big for the seat he is in.  And someone he is saying he is in the front seat. What a mess lol poor kid

Probably hard to properly secure Giant White Baby.

I think he looks fine but I get such an old-man's-face-on-a-baby vibe that those IGs always kind of startle me. Looks too much like Boob. But he sure looks happy! Though the pistol-finger flirted close to a quick-look perception of, uh, a different finger.

Thought the bowl was that cucmber salad the @Lady Edith described. And it is kind of pickley. But tasty and kind of refeshing on a hot day. If made correctly, in advance, otherwise...

1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And people have posted he is too big for the seat he is in.  

That's to me the glaring error.  He looks to have outgrown that seat months ago.  It really isn't that tough to learn to adjust the straps properly.  Even this grandma managed it with about two minutes of instruction. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Who knows what care Derelict has had. He may well just be "trusting God" to heal him. Given his non-action w/r/t Jill's "72 hour" labor, he may well be that hands-off. Does anyone know vax rules for Americans living on (assumed) world visas in DA? I would think that at minimum, the Big White Baby must have his shots. At least I hope so, and if he has, likely a first for Duggarspawn. 

I did some digging on the CDC website and couldn't find anything specific about vaccines being required for travel to DA.  It just said it was recommended that travelers are up to date on their typical vaccinations.  

When Izzy went to DA he was an infant, most likely without all required immunizations being complete.  I hope that he had them when they came home for their many visits.  

On 7/20/2016 at 6:01 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm down with the JH cake...sounds good.  Please tell me you aren't going to start bringing the tapas in a Lego bin or baby wipe container.  I hear that's a new Instagram trend according to the Jillards.  It surprises me that they eat like that after all the stuff they grifted for, unless Boob expropriated it all to stock his own larder. I also get they couldn't bring it all with, but come on.  You can buy a decent set of dishes from Wally World for under $20. Central America has a continental dining culture, you know, Jillards, it's what you'd call classy in Arkansas, Real plates and at least more than one set of silverware for different courses, where the usage of said knife and fork is carried throughout the meal. I remember when ( I think it was Boob and Chelle, Jillards, and Sea Worlds) had an etiquette lesson and they all looked so uncomfortable.  

Jillards are pretty gross and not very high on the intellect meter.  I will be super grossed out if that was a baby wipe container because, I  honestly don't think hand washing is a priority in that house and we all know how the diaper change process works.

You will be able to enjoy all NatzSnacks in the very best Glad Tupperware-type vessels Vons offers!  No Bits O'Josie (or Bits O'Izzy) on those puppies!   These people and their 'different way' of doing things really need to understand they are just lazy with poor personal hygiene and dietary habits who believe in some fucked up shit.  

I had a friend like that in high school.  Very nice girl (who was clean herself and thought her family was nuts) but there were 10 kids in her family in a little 3 bedroom house.  SHE was fine but the 1st and only time I stayed over I was freaked.  Lots of grimy little kids rocking the green 11's, touching things, sucking on random food laying around the house, stuff literally everywhere, and cockroaches.  My first exposure to them and I almost didn't make it through the night at her house.  If she hadn't lived 13  miles from my house I would have called my parents.  Anyhoo, her family too was fairly fundy.  Her dad moved them here from Michigan and then promptly left them.  So her mom had to raise 10 kids (most of them little) with only her older kids to help.  None of the older kids ended up graduating from hs.  At least I can understand the filth and nearly feral children in her house.  She was alone working 4 jobs.  RimJob and MEshelle have no excuse.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Zahdii said:

Izzy looks just fine. 

I've seen a truly ugly baby, and I still shudder at the memory.  The poor thing didn't even have some kind of deformity to blame the hideousness on.  But the baby's mother thought that child was the cutest thing ever.  The baby actually looked a lot like the mother, but the features were sort of...off.  The mom looked perfectly normal, but when you really looked at her you could see that she had a lot of facial features that were right on the verge of looking weird.

When the mom was gushing that the baby looked exactly like she did at the same age, I realized that the child just had to grow into it's face.

I know someone whose kids have the same issue.  Her husband is pretty attractive and she's mildly so, but apparently their genes create a very unfortunate looking child.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I had the same question, but there's a little diagram on the buckle. Not sure if they don't know how to buckle it correctly or if he's capable of moving it down on his own now.

Unless he's in a rear-facing seat, he's not in the front. But it could be rear-facing with the little jiggers up on the right the air vents. Not cool unless they're driving a truck.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Here are the errors I can see:
1. Use of aftermarket products on the straps (not safety tested and compress to create extra slack in the event of an accident)
2. Chest clip position is incorrect
3. The straps are way too loose.  They should lie flat and you shouldn't be able to pinch slack in them.
4. Izzy is too tall for the seat.  Based on the routing of the seatbelt, he appears to be in a "baby bucket" style seat that most kids outgrow before they are a year old.  My kids outgrew around six months old.
5. If he is in a "baby bucket," then those seats can only be installed rear-facing and that means he's in the front seat of a car.  Also note the angle of slant on the door handle and armrest.  Disclaimer: he could be in a truck without a back seat to put a car seat in.  No word on whether they remembered to turn off the airbag.
6. If he is not in a baby bucket, but a regular convertible seat that they've installed forward-facing, then:
a. they have it installed incorrectly as the belt path on a convertible seat does not go in front of the child.  
b. the carseat straps need to be moved to a higher slot because they should be at or slightly above his shoulders when forward-facing

Some people put the kids in the car and take pictures before they adjust the straps and the chest clip and would not actually have their kids riding down the road that way.  But he's definitely too big for the seat and the install is iffy.

• Love 7

I doubt Izzy knows he his forming his hand in the shape of a gun, but the remark from Derick captioning the pic is in poor taste considering all the recent stuff going on lately.

• Love 5

"Pistols Firing" is an  OSU thing, right? But I take your point, GeeGolly. That mascot seems as antiquated as my alma mater's "Indians," which were renamed in the '90s.

• Love 1

Not the best pic of Izzy.  Looks like he's inherited Derick's unfortunate looks at some angles. Cell phones are not really cameras. Sometimes I look just like my dad and other times like my mom.  Looks like the Giant White Baby has outgrown his child safety seat.

Jillards should buy used and save the difference elsewhere. Child car seats shouldn't be skimped on.

• Love 2
On July 21, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Natalie68 said:

I am still torn about what is in that plastic bucket.  Bananas, cucumbers, but one thing I know is in there is some sort of grime.  I can't see it but I will assume its there cause THEY look grimy.  Wonder how many of the resident Danger Americans are counting the days until that creepy couple with the ginormous white baby are going to stop flailing around and trying to teach them how to have a successful marriage?

I am TOTALLY bringing them today as well as cake cause I think I recall its someone's bday today!  I AM from CA so my cake will be kinda special.  I will call it the Jesus Herb cake :).  It sounds like the feast will be complete with the velveeta nachos and margaritas.  Obviously I am a godless sinner hence the JH cake :).

I am snorting at "Jesus Herb cake." 

• Love 4
On July 22, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Portia said:

"Pistols Firing" is an  OSU thing, right? But I take your point, GeeGolly. That mascot seems as antiquated as my alma mater's "Indians," which were renamed in the '90s.

Portia, my alma mater's mascot was also changed from the "Indians" in the '90s.  Was yours renamed to the "Crimson Hawks"?  Just curious...

Sorry for the OT post, wasn't sure where else to take it...still learning the board.

1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Portia, my alma mater's mascot was also changed from the "Indians" in the '90s.  Was yours renamed to the "Crimson Hawks"?  Just curious...

Sorry for the OT post, wasn't sure where else to take it...still learning the board.

1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Not quite, but the new mascot was eerily similar to yours. They became the "Redhawks"!

• Love 1

STOP with the eyebrows, Jill!!  Is it a reflex with her, or what?!  I sure hope their handlers are reading here and pass on the message. It's making me mad now. 

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, awaken said:

STOP with the eyebrows, Jill!!  Is it a reflex with her, or what?!  I sure hope their handlers are reading here and pass on the message. It's making me mad now. 

I think her only handler is JB. And we all know he has a real grasp on media & publicity.

• Love 3

I disagree. Her hair looks pretty greasy, and it's hard to tell when Derick last cleaned up since he's employed the bandana look for the day. If I had to guess, I would guess that they don't get a shower daily, or sometimes even every other day. I remember complaints about hot water. 

• Love 2

I was looking at their fingernails but I see your point.  We lived in south Louisiana for many years and in the summer the water out of the tap was warm enough to shower in.  Not in winter, but in the hot summer.  I guess I thought the same about Danger America, but maybe not.

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think jill saw a picture of herself once upon a time and her eyes appeared small or something. This led to the shocked look on her face in pictures that followed. 

I thought it was just a consequence of a lifetime of fundamentalist oppression. One is just supposed to look surprised...

Hmmmmm.....Dum Dums with Dum Dums...how avant garde!

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

I disagree. Her hair looks pretty greasy, and it's hard to tell when Derick last cleaned up since he's employed the bandana look for the day. If I had to guess, I would guess that they don't get a shower daily, or sometimes even every other day. I remember complaints about hot water. 

Ewww! I read that and immediately heard my dearly departed great grandmother's voice in my head saying, "Keep your dirty ass off my clean sheets!" 

I live in a southern state that has a big time allergen issue (pollen, dust, etc). One of the first things the docs tell you down here is to shower before bed since allergens stick to skin and sheets, and breathing that it all night is no bueno. If they aren't bathing that often, it may explain why Izzy's eyes are puffy & red in a lot of pictures. 

• Love 4

I would think that 14 kids having to share a bathroom likely meant that daily showers weren't something they were used to in the first place.

If water outages are typical in CA, I can understand that not bathing every day isn't a choice. Since I've never been there, i don't know.  But since it's so hot and humid there, no doubt one daily shower just isn't enough.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Marigny said:

Ewww! I read that and immediately heard my dearly departed great grandmother's voice in my head saying, "Keep your dirty ass off my clean sheets!" 

I live in a southern state that has a big time allergen issue (pollen, dust, etc). One of the first things the docs tell you down here is to shower before bed since allergens stick to skin and sheets, and breathing that it all night is no bueno. If they aren't bathing that often, it may explain why Izzy's eyes are puffy & red in a lot of pictures. 

I thought the same thing. The heat, and every picture they show is somewhere in dirt. I can't imagine not showering after spending the day in heat and dirt. I can not imagine putting my sweet little one to bed with a mixture of sweat, dirt, bug spray with various candy and food product mixed in.

Ewww!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought the same thing. The heat, and every picture they show is somewhere in dirt. I can't imagine not showering after spending the day in heat and dirt. I can not imagine putting my sweet little one to bed with a mixture of sweat, dirt, bug spray with various candy and food product mixed in.

Ewww!

I think you just described the environment at the TTH.

• Love 9
(edited)

Or if they did, you saw half the mattress. I am pretty sure there were some sheets or a blanket, just not a made bed by any stretch of the imagination. I remember shouting, "You knew they were coming to film. Clean your damn house!" while she toured the pigsty that they call home in Danger America. I guess that's what happens when you don't have JSlaves to do your work for you. 

Jill learned from a master. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, JoanArc said:

That pose highlight's Derick facial punishment.

I think he looks better from the side because it's harder to see the left-right jaw misalignment. However, I just noticed how much the lower half of his face sticks out forward. Is his profile off now or has his jaw always protruded? I really want to write a research paper on Derrick's face 'cuz I'm fascinated by what happened with him. But there are other things I should do instead like work at the real job I have. Der may end up as a photo in a medical textbook anyway. 

• Love 3

On the other side (his right), it appears he had a tooth pulled, and even after more than a year, the gap hasn't come anywhere close to closing. I never noticed it until someone here pointed it out last week. :/

• Love 1

I had braces, but my adult treatment was fairly straightforward.  Since I didn't have a complicated case at all, I'm not qualified to speak to what happened to Derick wrt to how he should be progressing based on what was done to him.  Orthodontic treatment ideally should show progressive improvement. His clearly does NOT. I often wonder if he's in pain or wonder if what he's dealt with so far has been worth it.

He has kept his brackets clean. We all know personal hygiene is not his personal forté. 

• Love 3