Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

She also mentioned her toes (burning up, I think). There are reports about COVID toes, although she didn't mention that she has red spots on her toes. 

Why did only Jill get tested and not Derick or the boys? 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

She also mentioned her toes (burning up, I think). There are reports about COVID toes, although she didn't mention that she has red spots on her toes. 

Because she is a Duggar and lacks common sense 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill's latest IG post states that they were all tested. This happened a few weeks ago, and they're all negative.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Jill’s reply on Instagram on if the boys were tested the same way:

FF43DC53-D783-4548-BC54-36B215612108.jpeg

From their blog post, dated 6/9/2020

A few weeks ago we decided to get tested for coronavirus after we all suddenly started running fevers and had body aches and some of the other symptoms consistent with the coronavirus. Derick and I (Jill) got tested for coronavirus and our results came back negative a few days later. However, while continuing to quarantine, some of the symptoms persisted and a few more developed, so we went back and this time they just retested me. Those results also came back negative a few days later. We continued quarantining ourselves for the rest of the recommended time just to be safe. 

With testing becoming more and more regular, we figured sharing our personal experience and a couple videos about getting tested (see below) could be helpful to others. Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who have been greatly impacted by and/or lost loved ones due to the coronavirus. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

I jokingly said to my husband that our immune systems must be like, WTF, because we're taking so many precautions, thus reducing the amount of bacteria and viruses we'd normally come in contact with.

I'd hazard to guess Jill is not taking the same precautions that many are during this time.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm going to go against the grain here and say good for them to go tested. I bet not many of her siblings and other fundies would do that and talk openly about it and if they did they would be throwing God and Jesus in it a few times. 

I agree. It makes much more sense in the context of the family being sick.

• Love 12

Yeah, and its content thats relevant to the general public. I can't hate on it. And i wouldn't be jumping at the chance for my kids to have to get tested again if I could avoid it. it makes sense to me

• Love 12
(edited)

It's good that she got tested. It wasn't like she randomly decided to get tested for a social media post. It sounds like she and Derick were experiencing a variety of symptoms that made them question whether they had the virus. 

The part that I side-eye is the quarantining part. Although they were probably better about isolating themselves than many of their family members, I'm not sure they were fully quarantining as recommended, especially considering that Jill recently had a birthday. I'd be curious as to when the quarantining occurred. 

ETA: Just checked blog comments. Some have written back with their experiences with COVID, and I must say that although it is short and to the point, Jill's response (I'm guessing it's hers instead of Derick's) is a lot better than Jeremy's on his Instagram.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

It's good that she got tested. It wasn't like she randomly decided to get tested for a social media post. It sounds like she and Derick were experiencing a variety of symptoms that made them question whether they had the virus. 

The part that I side-eye is the quarantining part. Although they were probably better about isolating themselves than many of their family members, I'm not sure they were fully quarantining as recommended, especially considering that Jill recently had a birthday. I'd be curious as to when the quarantining occurred. 

Jill's birthday outing was three weeks ago. They did go to a creek just a few days ago, however they looked to be alone. Neither Jill or the boys looked sick.

With all that said, the Duggars, including Jill, tend to fudge timelines.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Totally said:

From reading the news, I thought that you can have several negative test results before a positive 

I’ve read of several positive cases that were in isolation that tested negative before testing positive 

Maybe she was recommended to get retested?

Anyone can go to a testing site where I am and get tested, but I’m not in the US so I don’t know if it’s different 

That's absolutely true. The data from my hospital shows a high percentage of symptomatic patients testing negative multiple times before getting a positive results, and this is even in the sickest of patients. It also has a high percentage of asymptomatic patients testing positive (for example, all pregnant women that come in to deliver are tested, and roughly 30% are positive, with only about 2% of those having had any symptoms). We're basically assuming all patients with symptoms are positive no matter what the tests say.

All that to say, I'm glad Jill and Derick got tested again, symptoms or no.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's birthday outing was three weeks ago. They did go to a creek just a few days ago, however they looked to be alone. Neither Jill or the boys looked sick.

With all that said, the Duggars, including Jill, tend to fudge timelines.

I wonder if she picked up some poison ivy or some such thing.  But, they are doing a scientific thingy with getting tested, so there's that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I jokingly said to my husband that our immune systems must be like, WTF, because we're taking so many precautions, thus reducing the amount of bacteria and viruses we'd normally come in contact with.

I'd hazard to guess Jill is not taking the same precautions that many are during this time.

I do wish this point of view dies out.  There are enough bacteria living in your clean house, on your skin, and inside your body, to kill you in anytime.  The Immune system is constantly taking care of threats that could kill you.  They are omnipresent. 

That said, Jill seems like a cleaner Duggar than some.  I think Derreck transitioned her into daily bathing and that probably helped. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
22 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

We can get drive through tests now here in Ohio, but no antibody tests that I’m aware of.

Thus far, most of the antibody tests are very unreliable with false positive rates up to 50%.  So, about half the people who think they have had Covid and are probably immune because they had a test are mistaken.  Most of them probably had some other Coronavirus in the past and the test isn't able to distinguish that from Covid 19.

The FDA has actually removed several of them from the market.  Many of the ones still available are from private labs who are charging individuals to run them.  

As for Jill, I think she is kinda desperate for stuff to put online and maybe a bit of a hypochondriac.  There are people out there getting tested repeatedly just because they can, especially in places where testing is free and no doctor's order is needed.   Some people just like freebies and Jill is a Duggar, after all.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

That's absolutely true. The data from my hospital shows a high percentage of symptomatic patients testing negative multiple times before getting a positive results, and this is even in the sickest of patients. It also has a high percentage of asymptomatic patients testing positive (for example, all pregnant women that come in to deliver are tested, and roughly 30% are positive, with only about 2% of those having had any symptoms). We're basically assuming all patients with symptoms are positive no matter what the tests say.

Yes, COVID testing is fraught with issues.  Amongst other things, that swab has to go all the way to the back of the throat to get the specimen and it is uncomfortable and the person doing it obviously cannot see what they're doing.  Also, like a lot of viruses, it seems like not everyone sheds virus in their throat at all times and it appears there are stages of the illness where the test will be negative because the virus isn't there at the time.

My hospital is testing all women coming in to have a baby.  For asymptomatic women, the rate of positivity is 1-2% thus far in the month or so since we started.  I'm surprised to hear that anywhere has a 30% asymptomatic positive rate.  The highest rate I've seen is in NYC, which, of course was hard hit, and, even there, the rate of asymptomatic positives is 15%.  I wonder what is going on in your hospital, Lascuba.

For people like Jill and Derick, who presumably have mild symptoms, if any; there really is no reason to go back again and again for testing. There is no specific treatment for mild COVID except to treat the symptoms and stay away from others.  Nobody needs a test to do this.  Neither of them is going out into the world and working or attending school full time which might be the only reason to get tested for mild illness, so that you can self isolate for 2 weeks and presumably get excused from school or work As noted above, the false negative rate is significant with this illness, so, if you are sick, even if you test negative, you need to stay home and avoid contact with others until you recover.  The last thing Jill should be doing is riding around in the car with her kids if she is sick.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

My hospital is testing all women coming in to have a baby.  For asymptomatic women, the rate of positivity is 1-2% thus far in the month or so since we started.  I'm surprised to hear that anywhere has a 30% asymptomatic positive rate.  The highest rate I've seen is in NYC, which, of course was hard hit, and, even there, the rate of asymptomatic positives is 15%.  I wonder what is going on in your hospital, Lascuba.

my OB/GYN daughter in law in western michigan says for most coming in for delivery the percentage of covid is low. but the spouses/significant others are positive at a higher rate. because they are the ones doing the grocery shopping and such and then they are not allowed in

my grand kids left their home to ride in a car last night for the first time in 85 days to do a drive by graduation, wave to your teacher thing. 3rd gr, 1st gr 4 yr old preschool

we have not seen them since Valentines Day - but we are all serious on this

they cry to come here and we say when it is safe

• Love 11
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I'm in NYC in one of the harder hit hospitals. It's possible the 30% was for a specific time period, considering the context of the meeting where that number was quoted, and overall it's much less. I haven't heard the latest numbers wrt to L&D.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, lascuba said:

Yes.There was a study recently by Johns Hopkins that said 67% of people will still test negative 4 days after inoculation. That’s why we’re discouraging close contacts from running out and getting tested the day after their possible exposure. Too many people get a negative result and then disregard quarantine instructions only to come up positive several days later, by which time they’ve exposed countless other people. 

• Useful 11
  • Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 6:57 PM, lascuba said:

I'm in NYC in one of the harder hit hospitals. It's possible the 30% was for a specific time period, considering the context of the meeting where that number was quoted, and overall it's much less. I haven't heard the latest numbers wrt to L&D.

Wow! That is  really kinda scary.  When 30% of the population is an asymptomatic carrier  the chances of rapid spread are outrageous.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

i don't believe cheat sheet, as they have a lot of silly and untrue stuff.

that said, if Derick could get his own contract from TLC , money directly to his family and avoid a real job, sad to say, i think there is truth there.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

that said, if Derick could get his own contract from TLC , money directly to his family and avoid a real job, sad to say, i think there is truth there.

I agree 100%. The only reason they're off the show is because Derick pitched a major hissy fit. And he didn't do it to "get fired". From a job he never had. With no contract. With a non-contract that including clauses of financial penalty if they failed to meet the terms. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I agree 100%

• Love 2

i sort of believe derick and Jill were getting compensation in some form before the danger america stay. but the SOS ministry gig had it's own rules on filming. they have a lot of minors there on the missioncations and then the locals right to their own images. TLC could film nothing there but them in their house with all the windows covered

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

i sort of believe derick and Jill were getting compensation in some form before the danger america stay. but the SOS ministry gig had it's own rules on filming. they have a lot of minors there on the missioncations and then the locals right to their own images. TLC could film nothing there but them in their house with all the windows covered

My favorite part of Derick's contract claims is that the contract (that he later said they didn't have) with TLC was in conflict with the missionary contract. But he somehow was still able to film several seasons of a show, despite that. Because yeah that totally would have happened. And he ignores the fact that if the contracts did in fact conflict, that's on his dumb ass for not checking. No wonder he now just says there was no contract. It's probably easier to keep up with that lie. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

so what do you all remember being shown on TLC of Jill and Derick in danger america that was filmed and shown on TLC??

not sure if JB gifting them a refrigerator, and AC was on the shown, but that was on their social media. but jessa and bin came to visit filmed at anther off SOS site. i think that is true for all Duggar family visits, none shown on the SOS armed and gated compound. Derick and Jill surely were only shown inside their duggar gifted home, with dark curtains over all windows

• Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

They certainly posted a lot of images of the locals on their social media, though. 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They filmed them doing songs with the local children. 

see I forget these things - but were the on the SOS fenced and armed guarded compound?

only asking because you all here have a great collective memories of all things duggar

• Love 2
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

so what do you all remember being shown on TLC of Jill and Derick in danger america that was filmed and shown on TLC??

not sure if JB gifting them a refrigerator, and AC was on the shown, but that was on their social media. but jessa and bin came to visit filmed at anther off SOS site. i think that is true for all Duggar family visits, none shown on the SOS armed and gated compound. Derick and Jill surely were only shown inside their duggar gifted home, with dark curtains over all windows

Off the top of my head: Jill and the Spanish tutor; a few scenes inside and outside the house; Cathy visiting and going shopping with them; Michelle and JB showing up for a surprise visit. I vaguely remember Jessa's visit, and I know Joy and Carlin also visited but I don't remember if that was filmed or we only saw pictures. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, lascuba said:

Off the top of my head: Jill and the Spanish tutor; a few scenes inside and outside the house; Cathy visiting and going shopping with them; Michelle and JB showing up for a surprise visit. I vaguely remember Jessa's visit, and I know Joy and Carlin also visited but I don't remember if that was filmed or we only saw pictures. 

I remember the same, in addition to being filmed in and outside their SOS home I remember Derick's famous skit, playing basketball or soccer with local kids, Jill coloring in an orphanage with the kids, a few poorly attended church services and Jill having Bible studies with some local moms.

@Sew Sumi is better at timelines than I am, but I believe the Dillards had already planned their move prior to TLC recreating 19 Kids and Counting into Jill and Jessa Counting On.

• Love 5

Well, I'm thinking of the Israel labor and birth.  What brings it to mind is that I follow a youngish (early 30s) so youngish to this Grandma, vlogger under the name of Milabu.  She demos beauty products, hair products and mostly hair tools, although some other stuff.  She also compares very cheap clothes/shoes/bags with more expensive, up to very expensive.  I am not a candidate for anything she shows, but, I got interested for some odd reason. Then she got pregnant after a miscarriage.  I watched all the way through her pregnancy.  She and her husband seem to have some sense about them.  She is in Nashville.  She talked a lot about her midwife and the birthing center.  I thought surely this would be a top notch operation.  She chronicled her labor with video.  Day one her mucus plug came out.  Water never broke.  She was in labor 5 days, documented.  Back and forth to the birthing center.  They kept sending her home, assuring her the baby was in the correct position and just keep going.  She never got past 2 centimeters.  Finally her husband took her to the hospital, which I think is Vanderbilt based on the picture she posted outside the window, but, could be elsewhere. She said the midwife there told her the baby was not in position, and they tried unsuccessfully to turn him, gave her pitocin, no good results, and then they said "there is laboring and there is suffering, no need to suffer anymore" and they all went for the C-section.  She didn't have a preconceived notion and said they were going with what they needed and not to get your heart set on one way.  Their goal was a healthy mother and baby.  So, I guess Jill could have been in that crazy long labor although she didn't have the sense to go to the hospital earlier.  I may have some of Milabu's order of things mixed up, but, it was a very long labor.  PS  I am not a fan of Jilly and Derick.

• Love 5

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a bad idea to teach the boys to use a urinal. Probably teaches them to aim better as well. I do dislike her using the boys to sell things. Some things are private. 

• Love 22
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7BF3C4CF-9E1A-4579-9D80-61CD785B0BD2.jpeg

Dear God! Potty Training is one of my pet peeves on social media. Keep it to yourself. 

I have a lot of friends who post about this stuff. How did previous generations ever manage? (sarcastic)

• Love 19