Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

They can't plan the wedding around when Muffy might deliver. The wedding will easily be at least a month before she's due, if not before that just to be really safe. SheOatmeal doesn't want Muffy upstaging her with labor at her wedding! 

Shsssssh! Don't give Muffy any ideas!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

for all of JimBob's beliefs about a women's place is in the home, having babies and being homemakers,  WHY is he ok with Michelle doing nothing??   I cannot wrap my head around that.   Why is Michelle exempt from what he believes God wants? 

Cause Michelle is the hot cheerleader who settled for a little geek like Jim Bob.  He's not going to risk his prize cutting and running.

• Love 10

I can't help but use logic (even though it is against everything a Duggar stands for).   It is extremely hypocritical to preach to the nation (via your tv show) what God expects from women and then make a very loud exception for your benzo hazed wife who does NOTHING to raise her own children, clean her own house, prepare meals for her family, do their laundry, teach their home schooling etc.  

He has mentioned that he will help "counsel" married couples at those retreats or whatever the hell he calls them.  What is the advice he gives the men?  Would he tell them to allow their wives to be benzo'd out hanging in their bedroom all day?  Something tells me not.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Cause Michelle is the hot cheerleader who settled for a little geek like Jim Bob.  He's not going to risk his prize cutting and running.

He really is a deeply insecure little fucker, isn't he? Sorry...not sorry.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I can't help but use logic (even though it is against everything a Duggar stands for).   It is extremely hypocritical to preach to the nation (via your tv show) what God expects from women and then make a very loud exception for your benzo hazed wife who does NOTHING to raise her own children, clean her own house, prepare meals for her family, do their laundry, teach their home schooling etc.  

He has mentioned that he will help "counsel" married couples at those retreats or whatever the hell he calls them.  What is the advice he gives the men?  Would he tell them to allow their wives to be benzo'd out hanging in their bedroom all day?  Something tells me not.

All true. I don't think that the thought, "Oh, I'd better not be an evil, hypocritical jerk about this" has ever crossed Jizm Bob's mind about anything, however. 

• Love 1

Have the brave Gothardites been in contact lately.  Wondering if we should send in a rescue team with the next shipment of diapers, Duggars and other sundries. It's about time for an invasion, been a few weeks no?

21 hours ago, Nysha said:

Using the services of a doctor isn't a sin per se, but, men have to go to male doctors and women have to go to female doctors. Plus, they're not supposed to go in debt and they're not supposed to use government services, such as Medicaid and Obamacare. Since most of them are poor or self-employed, if they don't have insurance, they can only use the emergency room.

Well, either they are in debt or used Public assistance for JoeZee's birth, because it had to cost probably more than $1M

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Well, either they are in debt or used Public assistance for JoeZee's birth, because it had to cost probably more than $1M

They didn't have to pay for Josie's birth because she was a micropreemie.  The cost of keeping those kids alive is so high that exceeding the lifetime limits on health insurance (usually $1 million) is going to happen in just the first couple months.  In order to prevent bankrupting insurance plans or parents, the federal government stepped in an provides all insurance coverage for micropreemies.  The same thing happens with patients with renal failure who need dialysis; their insurance doesn't cover it, the government foots the bill for everyone.

Edited by doodlebug
correct tenses
  • Love 6

Are we sure their cult requires males to go to male doctors and females to go to female doctors.  I swear both Michelle Duggar and Erin Bates went to male doctors during pregnancies and Jill just went to a male doctor.  The one who found a problem with her carotid artery.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The only problem for some fundies is the Government covers the micro-preemies through Medicaid.

Yeah, they don't seem to mind going to the ER where care is ridiculously expensive compared to the doctor's office and then pleading poverty and getting the bill written off (because, of course, if they don't pay for it no one does- except not).  But, God forbid, someone should apply for Medicaid and use that for medical care.  I believe it was Gil Bates who bragged about how they didn't bother with family doctors because they could just go to the ER and get fabulous care there.  He left out the part where many fundies of their ilk are self employed and barely making subsistence wages while having a passel o'kids; so they just go to the ER and ask for a write off which, of course, drives the cost of health care up for those of us who are paying.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yeah, they don't seem to mind going to the ER where care is ridiculously expensive compared to the doctor's office and then pleading poverty and getting the bill written off (because, of course, if they don't pay for it no one does- except not).  But, God forbid, someone should apply for Medicaid and use that for medical care.  I believe it was Gil Bates who bragged about how they didn't bother with family doctors because they could just go to the ER and get fabulous care there.  He left out the part where many fundies of their ilk are self employed and barely making subsistence wages while having a passel o'kids; so they just go to the ER and ask for a write off which, of course, drives the cost of health care up for those of us who are paying.

Indeed, while they pontificate to others about the virtues of "personal responsibility". It's hypocritical that they call those who receive any kind of aid from the state or federal government "free loaders", whilst people like me and my husband, both of us long time unemployed and/or underemployed are coughing up for premiums that we can ill afford are subsidizing his use of the ER as his and his family's primary care physician.

That said, I begrudge no one ER services, because I believe health care should be a fundamental right, not a luxury--it's that he's being so damn smug about it that pisses me off!

• Love 17

even ER services are expensive....i so am waiting for our insurance to be re-instated so i can see  doctor. have asthma and COPD. o2 levels are dropping into the dangerous level whenever i do anything physical....(read that walk etc). yet i cannot afford to go in. it makes me furious to hear/see the comments made on these types of shows. the average person cannot afford medical care anymore. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

And extremely hypocritical to promote your daughters as following these Godly expectations when they are as ill equipped as their mother.

• Love 1
(edited)

I guess you missed Jilly Muffin's blog post from late last week? It was one huge rant about how life is sooooo harrrrrrd in Danger America.

eta: DONATE!!!!

Edited by Sew Sumi

I don't think I'll ever understand how they can justify taking God's blessings to a place that is so "dangerous". If the threat of kidnapping or worse isn't real, Zika is. Derick is more worried about transgender children building a pinewood car and racing it with other little boys than he is about the well being of his own children. How does that make sense?

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Today must have been Hike Into The Jungle Day. 

Today must have been Hike Into The Jungle Day. 

Isn't this how they get to Wal-Mart?

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think I'll ever understand how they can justify taking God's blessings to a place that is so "dangerous". If the threat of kidnapping or worse isn't real, Zika is. Derick is more worried about transgender children building a pinewood car and racing it with other little boys than he is about the well being of his own children. How does that make sense?

There's your problem. I'm beginning to think there's a commandment I missed that says, "Thou shalt never make sense." It's the one that the Duggarmob is most keen to follow, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
On 3/5/2017 at 7:18 PM, Sew Sumi said:

They can't plan the wedding around when Muffy might deliver. The wedding will easily be at least a month before she's due, if not before that just to be really safe. SheOatmeal doesn't want Muffy upstaging her with labor at her wedding! 

I am thinking Jill would like to be seen 'big pregnant' at the wedding to get as much attention as possible.  

• Love 12

Absolutely agreed! That's why I am now all-inclusive for that early June weekend at the Family Camp. As long as she doesn't go early, she'll be huge, if how she's carrying now is any indication.

• Love 3

Well hey, Jessa was somewhat hugely pregnant at Jinger's wedding, so Jill's gotta have her turn.

9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill was already quite pregnant at Jessa's wedding, but nothing like she'll be at Joy's.

If there was a way to make it happen on cue Jill would have her water break at the ceremony.  I think she is one who NEEDS to have attention.  She is the one daughter who is somewhat homely and seems to not be as liked as the others due to being a snitch so she has to get her moment somehow.  

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

If there was a way to make it happen on cue Jill would have her water break at the ceremony.  I think she is one who NEEDS to have attention.  She is the one daughter who is somewhat homely and seems to not be as liked as the others due to being a snitch so she has to get her moment somehow.  

Have to laugh if Jinger is visibly pregnant at the wedding.

• Love 3

Hell, Jessa could also be knocked up by June, but alas, too early on to be showing. Then there's the possibility that Joy includes Anna, and SHE is knocked up (my worst nightmare).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

There's always fainting during the ceremony.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

There's always fainting during the ceremony.

I think that we're forgetting that if anyone dares to upstage J'chelle at her daughter's wedding, there will be hell to pay. It's all about JB and J'chelle, all the time -- Jill certainly knows that.

• Love 4

If Jessa gets pregnant immediately she wouldn't be huge but given the combination of a third pregnancy and so close to the last she would probably be showing pretty good. 

Henrys almost a month old so she could be pregnant within the next couple of weeks. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that we're forgetting that if anyone dares to upstage J'chelle at her daughter's wedding, there will be hell to pay. It's all about JB and J'chelle, all the time -- Jill certainly knows that.

I agree, Michelle can wrestle back attention to herself. She'll just wear a new dress:

fab605ce3c0f73d08d44441f1cede047.jpg

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

If it was all about my parents all the time, they made sure neither me nor my siblings never knew.  It's sad for the Duggar kids that they all know this on varying levels. Not so much yet the littles, but the middles and the older ones definitely do.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I agree, Michelle can wrestle back attention to herself. She'll just wear a new dress:

fab605ce3c0f73d08d44441f1cede047.jpg

OMG. This is great and spot on!

If they get married at the Forsyth Camp she might try this...

8ab67d1e958d381604afc1a6eb05f15d.jpg

• Love 3

I'm reading an autobiography by a friend's cousin's aunt's grandma's sister's uncle's daughter's ... well you get the picture. The book takes place late 1800s - early 1900s. The main character is first exposed to birth at age 7 or 8 when her sister suddenly delivers at 7 months. The baby is stillborn. Fast forward a little bit and the same little girl is left with her sister who is in labor with her second child as the husband goes to get the Doc. The baby comes before the Doc does and is not breathing. The little girl mimics what the Doc did last time and flips the baby, spanks the baby and then breathes in the baby's mouth - the baby starts to cry.

Fast forward a few more years and then even more years and this girl is a teen, then a young woman who has 6 pregnancies resulting in 5 living children. All born at home, some with a Doc, some without. My long winded point is, even back in the day when there weren't that many options, this young girl and then woman made all these wise learned and intuitive decisions starting at around 9 or 10 years old up into her 30s about delivering her sister's child and then her own children. I was struck by the contrast when comparing her to Jill the Midwife and her fairy tale thinking when it comes to delivering babies. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm reading an autobiography by a friend's cousin's aunt's grandma's sister's uncle's daughter's ... well you get the picture. The book takes place late 1800s - early 1900s. The main character is first exposed to birth at age 7 or 8 when her sister suddenly delivers at 7 months. The baby is stillborn. Fast forward a little bit and the same little girl is left with her sister who is in labor with her second child as the husband goes to get the Doc. The baby comes before the Doc does and is not breathing. The little girl mimics what the Doc did last time and flips the baby, spanks the baby and then breathes in the baby's mouth - the baby starts to cry.

Fast forward a few more years and then even more years and this girl is a teen, then a young woman who has 6 pregnancies resulting in 5 living children. All born at home, some with a Doc, some without. My long winded point is, even back in the day when there weren't that many options, this young girl and then woman made all these wise learned and intuitive decisions starting at around 9 or 10 years old up into her 30s about delivering her sister's child and then her own children. I was struck by the contrast when comparing her to Jill the Midwife and her fairy tale thinking when it comes to delivering babies. 

I guess that's what's possible when you don't have thinking beaten out of you.  

• Love 9
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is the book Maude?  The key you mention is "wise learned and intuitive decisions". You need to be willing to learn from others experiences and value others experiences in order to grow. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

Is the book Maude?  The key you mention is "wise learned and intuitive decisions". You need to be willing to learn from others experiences and value others experiences in order to grow. 

Yes. Maude!

• Love 2

Poor Delusional Derick is getting upstaged by Joy, Joe, Henry and Jinger's shorts.  

He needs to get a baptism going or post another picture of him attempting to preach to some stragglers who probably just want a free lunch for their child. 

Derick is sliding into oblivion! 

• Love 6

I found this article interesting considering Derrick and Jill. The quote they use to explain why they left would not even register with the Duggars. "We firmly believe that God can and will protect our children, but we are acting in obedience to our Lord, by making the decision that we believe best honors Him.” 

https://world.wng.org/2016/03/go_or_stay_missionaries_confront_zika_virus_dilemma#at_pco=smlrebh-1.0&at_si=58c2c3ae81a57816&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=1&at_tot=6

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Catlyn said:

I found this article interesting considering Derrick and Jill. The quote they use to explain why they left would not even register with the Duggars. "We firmly believe that God can and will protect our children, but we are acting in obedience to our Lord, by making the decision that we believe best honors Him.” 

https://world.wng.org/2016/03/go_or_stay_missionaries_confront_zika_virus_dilemma#at_pco=smlrebh-1.0&at_si=58c2c3ae81a57816&at_ab=per-2&at_pos=1&at_tot=6

I think they are taking a vacation to legitimize their DONATE button. Derick probably keeps the Danger America gig as a vacation spot, dacha, summer house. He can go be a hippie and play saviour, then return to TTH to live in a nice home and be welcomed back like they've been gone in a jungle for years without contact, even though some of the people welcoming them back just finished hauling suitcases full of items down to DA.

• Love 15

Translation: "We have wi-fi! Yay! The missioncationers are here! Yay! Jill will be more at ease painting nails and braiding hair as I pass out soccer balls and preform interpretive dance! DONATE!"

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 6

Enough with faking hardship by citing spotty wifi. Those two are reprehensible creatures. They definitely have the matching tops down, just like equally (if not more) reprehensible Boob and Mullet. What a band of low life grifters.

I'm so proud I ended each sentence with a period, even though I felt strongly about each one. Fundies, exclamation points are used for effect, thus sparingly. 

BTW I'm not referring to the above instagram caption, just their annoying writing style. Getting through a post or their books is excruciating.

• Love 11