Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Jill is there today!

For a minute I thought you meant Jill Rodriguez and I thought "She really will go to anything to get on camera."

Just now, libgirl2 said:

I wouldn't put it past her! 

You may not know this because she keeps it so under the radar, but her daughter is married to ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER!

I do wonder if some of the bigger fundy families are waiting to see how this shakes out before deciding whether to distance themselves or not.  

2 minutes ago, deaja said:

You may not know this because she keeps it so under the radar, but her daughter is married to ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER!

I do wonder if some of the bigger fundy families are waiting to see how this shakes out before deciding whether to distance themselves or not.  

And Josh "emceed" at Nurie and Nathan's rehearsal dinner or whatever that was. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, libgirl2 said:

And Josh "emceed" at Nurie and Nathan's rehearsal dinner or whatever that was. 

Which was paid by the Keller’s. Wasn’t it also a Keller wedding anniversary party? So it was 2 parties in one paid by NOT Jill Rodrigues.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

X minutes and counting until the verdict!

Not really. They are doing closing arguments, then it goes to the jury to determine the verdict. Maybe it will be fast, but it's not a countdown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

To me, proof means conviction. Shady doesn't mean illegal, unfortunately; otherwise, an awful lot of business owners would be in deep shit. It would be fun to see what a forensic accountant came up with. 

But it still goes down the road on a truck! As my grandmother once said. 

But so do pre-made ready to live in, wooden houses go down the road on a truck! At least in this province in Canada they do, all of the time, not sure about the U.S.A. My little house is just 960 square feet, so 3 of mine could fit into a triple wide mobile home! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, deaja said:

For a minute I thought you meant Jill Rodriguez and I thought "She really will go to anything to get on camera."

We all know that if she could be there, she would. While blaming everything on those pants wearing hussies.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Jurors most likely won't get the case until this afternoon. Hopefully it's a fast deliberation. 

I want the prosecution to give concise and compelling closing remarks, but I also really hope they wrap theirs up before lunchtime, so the jury has plenty of time to start deliberations today!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Jim Bob probably won't allow that verdict, though. 😁

I’m sure they will release some vague generic statement that they are saddened by the outcome. Which says nothing. They could be sad Josh is a piece of shit. Or they can be sad the jury didn’t believe someone in Paris framed him. Either way it will be vague bullshit. 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, quarks said:

According to the evidence at trial, local cops were keeping an eye out for the potential exchange of CSAM material. They alerted the feds. Nobody was monitoring Josh, JB, or shady businesses. This is part of why the first search warrant ended up at the wrong address; if they'd been investigating JB's businesses or keeping an eye on Josh, they wouldn't have made that mistake.

The way the ICAC Taskforce works is that you set up the software to run.  When it hits a known hash, it provides an IP. They run the IP and farm it out to the locals to start working the case.  None of this gets done without the federal funds for the taskforce.  The equipment is expensive, training the local PDs and even State PDs is expensive.  This way they do the leg work and then the feds bring in prosecutorial power and resources to do the search site.

• Useful 12
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Jurors most likely won't get the case until this afternoon. Hopefully it's a fast deliberation. 

I'm feeling mean today. I wouldn't mind making Josh and company sweat it out a little longer. Dwell in false hope for an extra night. Set themselves up for a bigger crash. (Of course, a longer deliberation process could mean we'd be the ones doing that.....😁.....I've never thought this ending was a likely one and I still don't, though.....) 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

The way the ICAC Taskforce works is that you set up the software to run.  When it hits a known hash, it provides an IP. They run the IP and farm it out to the locals to start working the case.

And wouldn't they be looking for Josh specifically because the router IP was probably registered to Josh via the Internet service provider? I think the initial goose chase was that the Internet service provider had an outdated address for Josh.

Wouldn’t it be a treat if the Foreperson of the jury were a WOMAN!
I want her to look straight into the hominid’s face when she says the word!

4 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Amy (Duggar) King, Josh Duggar's cousin who has been critical of the family in recent years, shared a message to her Instagram Story on Wednesday.

"Stop and pray TODAY that there is justice for the children," she wrote.

Amy, Stop trying to make fetch happen 

Plus, what an obnoxious “order.” 

• Love 2

Closing arguments, jury instructions -- then deliberations.   Probably begin deliberations after lunch.    We MAY get a verdict today.   We will most likely get one before the weekend (jurors don't want this hanging over this heads another weekend).  

As for them praying, I have a lot of non-fundie clients who pray while awaiting the judge's ruling.   They believe in the law but also believe it's in God's hands once the lawyers are done.   So I have no problem with everyone praying for justice to be done -- whatever they believe justice to be.  

• Love 13

The Sun is starting to add pictures. So far they have Jill and Derrick arriving. 

6 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

as long as it's not that monstrosity with the zippers on the boobs again.

Looks like she's in black dress #1 paired with the brown shoes, even though she has a pair in black now that actually match the dress...

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, Dianaofthehunt said:

I need to be posting items on Poshmark to make some much-needed cash; instead I’m haunting this site and Reddit/Snark by the second. 
The only way to make the verdict come in is to go about my day in a realistic manner, I’m sorry to admit.
Guess I’ll shower and get dressed now.
But…about various Duggars “praying” for justice: don’t they realize the verdict is in the hands of the JURY only? What makes the clan think their incantations could sway the outcome?

LOL, I'm right beside you, promised my fur babies that I would FOR SURE make them their meal supplement cookies today, because like this week, was too glued to this trial last week, but here I am again, glued to this trial! I sure hope we don't have to wait for a verdict over the weekend.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

No, no, please no. Let it be the fastest deliberation on record. Then JBoob and Josh will know no one believed a word of it.-

Yeah, that makes sense. 

As a frequent juror, though, I don't like super-fast verdicts! (Go figure!)

To me a really fast verdict says they didn't take it seriously. And I think it's super-important that everybody take the deliberation seriously, for the sake of the whole system, and for the importance of getting stuff right. If a verdict comes too fast, that makes it clear the jury really didn't take a look at the evidence again to make sure they didn't miss something when it was all whizzing by in the courtroom.......And you really might have missed something -- no matter what the case is...... 

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

We all know that if she could be there, she would. While blaming everything on those pants wearing hussies.

.....and  single women, women with no children, divorced women, etc.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Fallacy said:

He’s saying Josh should be found guilty, in lawyer speak. He’s saying it would be unreasonable to think he’s innocent given the evidence presented. 

This is why people don't trust lawyers (except, of course, the awesome lawyers on this board). It takes fewer mental gymnastics just to say "I think the prosecution has presented enough evidence to prove that Josh is guilty." 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

No, no, please no. Let it be the fastest deliberation on record. Then JBoob and Josh will know no one believed a word of it.-

Maybe they'll have some coffee and cake before they come back with the verdict just to make it look like there was any doubt about it.

• Love 4
Just now, Trillium said:

At least Meech Jana mixed up his Grate Value Brand water flavoring for him again (aka JB emotional support kook aid per Reddit) because you know this asshole didn’t do it himself.

Fixed it for you. 😜

• LOL 15
  • Love 4