Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

So this article states that they are back to their routine sex life.  How is this public knowledge? Is there a billboard somewhere?

Duggs are probably no better than most people who want to stay in the spotlight, (calling media to give information to stay relevant, location they can get 'candid' photos etc). Besides Amy, there are people close enough to get such info (Sierra). They have nothing much to talk about except piss-sticks and ovulation. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Yep, Josh has proven that he is caught between his world and his fathers. What a sad state. He does seem to love his kids, now if only he would walk away for their sake.

Re the bolded: I don't know. Remember Bin's rant about not requiring compatibility, the cult couple's habit of over the top public posturing about how they are all in love, stupid weird pecks at each other, adoring glances and flowery posts. Josh may be required to be in love. I think he is square pegging a round hole. Josh may be familiar with Anna and in love with his children, but they don't seem like a great couple to me.  I don't think burying him in this world is an effective control. They have tightened the very restraints he fought against. No wonder he's rumoured to be snarly. 

Josh holds all the cards. His wife will probably follow him no matter what he does, he has the most information about his family to sell and he is already hit bottom. There is nothing left of Josh to expose (my guess), JB on the other hand probably has a lot of secrets. Too bad Anna won't let him go online. haha. 

Well, until a sex tape surfaces, anyway....Aaargh! Where's the brain bleach??

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, until a sex tape surfaces, anyway....Aaargh! Where's the brain bleach??

You know it's coming.

Hopefully, it's not with Anna. She's been through enough.

49 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

So this article states that they are back to their routine sex life.  How is this public knowledge? Is there a billboard somewhere?

Another indicator that the informant would be able to ask about something like that. FAMY strikes again!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

You can come sit next to me, I'm banned as well. 

Although I take gossip site articles with a grain of salt, I wouldn't be surprised if Josh's demeanor has changed since rehab. He went from a six-figure creampuff job in D.C. to being back under Boob's thumb at the TTH. His father hates him, I can't imagine his siblings want much to do with him and he's a pariah in his social circles. He's like the Tyrion Lannister of Tontitown, minus the drinking of course.

How in the world do you know the man hates his son?

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, new jersey devil said:

Not sure we can be sure that his father hates him, as hate is a very strong word, but no doubt has shunned him and has punished him in all sorts of ways to let Smuggar know that he poisoned the well and destroyed their gravy train.  By trying to cover up what Josh did, Jim Boob also contributed to his own undoing, and further did so by making Jill and Jessa defend Josh on national TV.  Anywhere else that behavior of cover up could have been obstruction of justice or tampering with evidence.

• Love 5
On May 29, 2016 at 6:15 AM, poopchute said:

How much could the weddings cost anyway?  Don't they not even serve food and have the "reception" in a parking lot?  

Serving popcorn and melted ice cream and cake to 900 of your closest friends adds up, ya know! Muffy blew her budget so she had to go barefoot!

Boggles the mind as to why they couldn't keep it to family and the Bates and other actual close friends maybe 200 total or so.  Typical weddings in the South, particularly Baptist weddings where the entire congregation is invited, are held in the church hall with cake and punch, dip, crudités, cheese, crackers, finger sandwiches, mints, coffee, lemonade, and iced tea. Aaaaaaaand I'd be remiss in not mentioning the requisite deviled egg plate.  If it's well prepared food and done classy, it can still be very nice.  Holding an afternoon wedding is the most economical, but you've got to feed people something.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Serving popcorn and melted ice cream and cake to 900 of your closest friends adds up, ya know! Muffy blew her budget so she had to go barefoot!

Boggles the mind as to why they couldn't keep it to family and the Bates and other actual close friends maybe 200 total or so.  Typical weddings in the South, particularly Baptist weddings where the entire congregation is invited, are held in the church hall with cake and punch, dip, crudités, cheese, crackers, finger sandwiches, mints, coffee, lemonade, and iced tea. Aaaaaaaand I'd be remiss in not mentioning the requisite deviled egg plate.  If it's well prepared food and done classy, it can still be very nice.  Holding an afternoon wedding is the most economical, but you've got to feed people something.

I think that Josh and Anna's wedding was nice, it was Jill and Jessa's weddings that were so cheap. There's nothing wrong with a modest wedding -- lot's of people have beautiful weddings with very limited funds. The problem is that they make them into such a big deal, and invite thousands of people, and then cheap out so disgracefully on the refreshments. 

• Love 9

Typical weddings in the South, particularly Baptist weddings where the entire congregation is invited, are held in the church hall with cake and punch, dip, crudités, cheese, crackers, finger sandwiches, mints, coffee, lemonade, and iced tea. Aaaaaaaand I'd be remiss in not mentioning the requisite deviled egg plate.  If it's well prepared food and done classy, it can still be very nice.  Holding an afternoon wedding is the most economical, but you've got to feed people something.

Also, the thing about inviting your whole congregation to your wedding is that normally the members of said congregation would live within fairly short driving distance, whereas Gothard's cult is spread out all over. Serving cake and punch to people you know will be home in time for dinner isn't a big deal, but if you know your guests will be flying in from half across the country or driving for days to get to your wedding, I believe you do have an obligation to feed them something more substantial than ice cream (or even cake and finger sandwiches). If you feel you can't afford to offer all your guests a decent meal, then don't bloody well invite thousands of them.

• Love 16
On May 30, 2016 at 4:37 AM, Churchhoney said:

What I wonder is why some of these things are true. For example, the not wanting more children thing. Seems clear that, in some ways, he really doesn't want more children, that he sees that the demands on attention and money and so on are too high for comfort. He watched his family have all those kids and he surely saw the difficulties. And it seems that, in some ways anyway, he was fond of his own kids and may not have wanted to have so many more that he couldn't pay attention to any of them.

But then, as you say, he doesn't seem able to say that to Anna straight out. So why the hell not? Is he so stupid and brainwashed that he actually believes the Gothard crap about a requirement to have gazillions of kids and fears the wrath of God if he doesn't produce them? Does he feel so distant from Anna and so uncomfortable with her that he can't ever tell her a truth she'll have a problem with because he's sure that they couldn't work something out? Is he so scared of losing Jizm Bob's favor and cash that he'll completely suppress what he knows he wants so that he doesn't rock the Duggar boat and lose his livelihood? Or what? To me, it's just nuts for somebody in this era to potentially allow themselves to go on and on having kids into the double digits when they don't really want to. So why is he likely to do it?

My first reaction to your post was, If he is worried about hellfire and damnation, why would he be banging hookers? But then I thought, maybe his conceding to Anna re: quivering is his way of doing penance?

• Love 2

He's admitted to living a "double life," but he managed to pull off aspects of it when the TLC cameras weren't rolling. Since we have clue if TLC will renew JJ:CO, or if Smuggar will be shown, he could still pull off something on a smaller scale. There are still people who don't know who Josh Duggar is, and he still has to have some access to the internet to sell his cars, apparently using the Champion Cars name from what I saw on FJ. If Koka is around, maybe he can look into this. I am clueless about how to get into county records. 

• Love 1
(edited)

i think there is something really wrong with Josh. His molestation and then his double life nonsense. 

He must have a diagnosis besides being a scumbag. 

Red flags were raised with his behavior as a teen and no one took it seriously...just some "teen pranks" attitude. Now look...the damage he has inflicted is terrible. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 7
On 5/31/2016 at 2:35 AM, Vaysh said:

I believe you do have an obligation to feed them something more substantial than ice cream (or even cake and finger sandwiches). If you feel you can't afford to offer all your guests a decent meal, then don't bloody well invite thousands of them.

Here's the best part: The latter two weddings were a profit center. Josh and Anna's was to some degree; it was filmed for the show. Jilly Muffin's and Jessa Blessa's had gigantic registries, thousands of guests that they treated like extras, and they were getting paid for it as well.

I have more comments, but I will take them to the Jim Boob and J-Chelle thread.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2016 at 4:03 PM, Marigold said:

i think there is something really wrong with Josh. His molestation and then his double life nonsense. 

\

I'm not so sure the double life thing is evidence of being damaged. If I lived in Duggardom and was too much of a coward to leave it, I expect I'd be living some kind of double life, too. When who you are completely clashes with all the norms and rules of your living situation, you either get out regardless of the cost, completely suppress your own personality to conform, or live in some kind of duplicity. I think Josh is someone who's involved in such a dilemma. And I expect that the third way of "coping" -- his way -- is at least as common as the other two.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

Here's the best part: The latter two weddings were a profit center. Josh and Anna's was to some degree; it was filmed for the show. Jilly Muffin's and Jessa Blessa's had gigantic registries, thousands of guests that they treated like extras, and they were getting paid for it as well.

I have more comments, but I will take them to the Jim Boob and J-Chelle thread.

Ah, but you forget Josh's wedding build up was the first season of the show, after the specials. It's what got people hooked and got 19kac a following and enough ratings to continue. Would the show have made it without Josh and Anna generating interest? We'll never know.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:59 PM, new jersey devil said:

Let's see... Josh molested his sisters, it became public knowledge & screwed up his family's chances at continuing their gravy train of their reality show.  What father in his right mind won't at the very least  have a strong"dislike" his son for this?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
On May 30, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Micks Picks said:

The above menu sounds fine to me.  Very nice.  But I'd be pissed at melted ice cream or root beer.  Also ill.

Why complain? They were generous enough to serve root beer AaaaaaaaaND melted ice cream, not just one or the other!

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:
7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Could Michelle be pregnant??

Her muscles may have given out. They've been stretched out for a long time and they may have decided this is where they stay. My sister had two kids (or as we referred to them: horses) weighing over 9lbs each. She was only 5 and weight 100 lbs. While she was able to keep the tummy trim for the most part (with them stretched that much, she'd need plastic surgery for a real tummy tuck and she's a "no surgery except in emergencies" type of gal) when meno set in, and she had a problem with her thyroid out it came. She's thin everywhere else, the doctor's say she's healthy except for a few minor things, and they did say muscles were stretched.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, I'm going with menopausal weight gain, the after effects of so many pregnancies and a horribly unflattering top. I don't think she's pregnant.

Isn't it awful? I've retained so much fluid that I weigh more than a linebacker. If I were younger, people would be asking me when I'm due!

So yeah, menopausal weight gain and bloat is possibly what's going on with Michelle. She spent most of her adult life in maternity wear, so she's never been able to wear too many form fitting clothes, and we all know she's never had the best taste in clothes to begin with.

• Love 2

I originally thought she was pregnant but that is very unlikely.

I have 5 kids and 6 losses.  ANY weight I gain goes right to my stomach and I look pregnant.  I've very careful about which tops I wear or people ask me when I am due! (I don't get insulted, btw).   Michelle is a terrible dresser to begin with and being pregnant so much, she is unaware that maternity/loose tops should be GONE from her wardrobe. Or, she enjoys that pregnancy look.  

• Love 1

Funny because that's the only time her daughters and their friends wear skin tight tops.  The Michelle top would be a good maternity top rather than the figure hugging "see my belly button" type her kids choose.

• Love 3

They really do put together awful videos. I don't know what they're trying to accomplish here, but ick. As others have already noted, J'chelle looks awful. That's just a screamingly awful shirt. She doesn't need to get dressed up for a little birthday video, but really . . .

Secondly, why not choose a better spot in the house? It looks like they just grabbed the kid in some random spot in the house and started filming. Could they not have found a nice love seat in the house, or maybe a bench outside? How can they have been on television for so many years with the kids have an "interest" in photography and videography and have no clue on framing and composition?

Thirdly, once again the kid appears to have no clue who these people are. Maybe they could have sat with him and interacted for a few moments before filming this incredibly spontanious and warm scene? Maybe grandma or grandpa could have rubbed peanut butter on a cheek so he might at least have looked at one of them.

• Love 8

Marigold, so sorry to hear of your miscarriages. That must have been so difficult for you.

I think Michelle loves that pregnant belly look. She fetishizes pregnancy.

Micks Picks, indeed it's amusing that the Dugettes wear such tight and clingy clothes during pregnancy.

Remenber the god awful prairie dresses they used to wear to hide every curve

• Love 4

Rumor has it that Smuganna's "marriage counselor" is none other than Chris Hogan. You might remember him and his wife as the "marriage counselors" who helped rekindle Boob and Mechelle's marriage a few years back in Puerto Rico. I'll never forget the rebar therapy. That is still one of the biggest WTF moments ever on 19K&C. In case you need a refresher, or never bothered to watch in the first place:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2013/04/30/19-kids-and-counting-recap-jim-bob-michelle-duggar-marriage-retreat/

• Love 5
(edited)

OMG. He gave this speech while screwing around with sex workers when Anna was pregnant with Mere (he makes a reference to his 4th child as unborn, but still counting as a child). 

What a hypocrite. Can I get an AMEN? (watch 10 seconds, you'll get it)

eta: Just think, he'd still be giving these speeches if not for Joshgate, and if the first scandal hadn't finished him, cheating on Anna would have sealed his fate at the FRC. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

I made it 22 seconds and now I want to punch him in his smug face (pretty much always true, admittedly), kick him in the nads (same), and take a very hot shower.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Yes, 10 seconds is plenty. 

Then you didn't make it to the big laugh line -- how JB and M carefully taught him and his 18 sibs to respect every single person.

Unless they're transsexual or gay or Catholic, or they kiss before marriage...

At least he'll never be "executive director" of anything again.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Then you didn't make it to the big laugh line -- how JB and M carefully taught him and his 18 sibs to respect every single person.

Yeah, I got that far, and both laughed with irony and cringed in horror. I couldn't take much more, though. 

• Love 3

The laugh he gave when he said they start counting from conception sounded, well, villainous to me. I'm talking a real chill up the spine. It was so evil. He's not getting/gotten any real help, either.

• Love 3
(edited)

I can't imagine the counseling they are getting from that crazy guy with the rebar.  That didn't do anything to improve how Jim Bob behaves so I can't see it doing anything for Josh either. 

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's actually transgender and I agree with everything you said here.

• Love 4
(edited)

You think the Duggars are enlightened enough to understand all the current terms to describe gender identity and sexual orientation? 

We have a huge LGBTQI community where I live, and they are very happy to educate anyone who wants to understand and they enjoy a lot of support and compassion. Looking forward to Pride Festival.No doubt it will be attended by protesting Fundies

That said, I've been guilty of saying transgendered in lieu of transgender, but I stand with the entire LGBTQI community for their dignity and equality.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 10

I hate to say it, I don't agree with what he says, but he isn't a bad speaker.  Especially comparatively speaking to the rest of his family.

Josh Duggar, so much wasted potential.  I still put a lot of the blame for Josh on his parents.  It makes me sad to think of what he might have become with some early intervention.

• Love 11

JB and Michelle could have gotten him early intervention, but Josh needs to admit he might have a serious problem and needs help. He would rather blame the devil, evilness, and the liberal heathens for his downfall instead of getting the help he needs. He is a grown man with a family. Stop hiding behind his parents and siblings. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink.

I agree with both of you.  I think a lot of his teenage behavior could have been headed off by, well, not being raised by Jim Bob and Michelle.  I think a lot more could have been headed off by early intervention.  But since neither of those were options, Josh is still an adult and accountable for himself.  It's the great paradox of the Josh situation - we've been told repeatedly that he just made mistakes and doesn't have a compulsion.  So what then?  He just chose to be a fillandering jackass?  Then why was he in rehab?  These people make no sense.

• Love 4

I do agree JB and Michelle should take part of the blame because lets face it they are lousy parents. I have the feeling Josh still would have turn out the way he did with counseling and without his famewhoring ways and TLC feeding his massive ego. Of course, what do we expect with a father who said he was abused by his own father because his father was not religious enough for his taste, and a mother who thought she cause a man to divorce his wife because he saw her wearing a bikini while mowing a lawn. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

I put most of the blame for what he did during his teen years squarely on Boob for creating such an unnatural isolated environment that forbade him to explore and ask questions about a young boys changing body and natural urges.  In a normal environment, he would have been taught good touch vs bad touch as in consent vs taking without asking, rather than that any thought of any girl was impure. All this no hand holding until engagement or kissing until marriage is unhealthy. I get that screwing everyone you ever met isn't healthy either, but even couples who wait for sex after marriage, usually engage in touching and kissing beforehand.

That said, plenty of young men who grew up like Josh never dreamed of groping their sisters.

What he did as an adult, well that's squarely on him. If you're not getting enough from your spouse or you think they've become boring in bed, then you work it out with them or you get a counselor.

i agree that he had a bright future ahead of him in Fundieland, as most of his views are repugnant anywhere else. I didn't rejoice in his humiliation to this extent, even though he's smug and self righteous. I think , though ,  his messed up behavior shone a light on much of the flawed thinking of extreme Fundy/ATI/Gothard

• Love 15

They posted his "favourite Bible verse". I cannot begin to put into words the disgust I feel towards the parents and him. Posting a Bible verse!!!

I've realised that there's few things in the world that I loathe - they are one of them

• Love 4