Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

Teresa Fedosky is a doctor's wife in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He is a quack. Has had his license suspended multiple times for prescribing himself opiates and diverting other meds. He practices in a strip mall and can't prescribe anything more than an antibiotic. I have encountered Teresa in a professional setting. She is a KOOK! She is a hypochondriac and super needy.

The parent of her husband had a decent reputation. Ran a swim ranch from her home and taught private swimming lessons. The place was featured on the show. My cousins took lessons from her.

For what it is worth....

• Love 4

GeeGolly, I asked the same question on Pickles FB page. The Duggar girls are idiots, but this Teresa chick must be mentally ill to do what she's doing. IMO nobody in their right mind would try to deliver a baby without proper training/certification. I would think if there was a death or permanent injury/handicap, she could be charged with manslaughter/attempted manslaughter or some other crime, couldn't she? Honest to God, this woman is totally nuts IMO!

I tell you one thing, she likes her opiates too.

• Love 3

Jinger?  Did she want to be there or was she told to be there?  So that left Joy at home to be in charge of all of the howlers.  We know JimBoob didn't help but I hope maybe his mom did.

Joy was babysitting Sierra's flock. However, Sierra had a c section and complications. She was in the hospital a week. Joy loves Sierra and their family and sits a lot for them. They are fundy, but not too crazy.

• Love 3

Teresa Fedosky is a doctor's wife in Fayetteville, Arkansas. He is a quack. Has had his license suspended multiple times for prescribing himself opiates and diverting other meds. He practices in a strip mall and can't prescribe anything more than an antibiotic. I have encountered Teresa in a professional setting. She is a KOOK! She is a hypochondriac and super needy.

The parent of her husband had a decent reputation. Ran a swim ranch from her home and taught private swimming lessons. The place was featured on the show. My cousins took lessons from her.

For what it is worth....

WOW - You actually live in their neck of the woods?  Are all of these people ATI homeschoolers and is that how they all know each other?

For what it is worth....

I remember that episode. You know what I remember most about Teresa? One quote: "Men (or "husbands", can't remember which), love on that cervix!" IMO, that is not something a normal person would say, on TV no less! NIKE!
  • Love 3

I tell you one thing, she likes her opiates too.

TEEVEE, do you know who Robert Smith is? On Mommy's Butterfly (or wth it's called) FB page he warns women "DO NOT use TF as your midwife" and implies that she's being protected right now (by the Duggars?).

TEEVEE, do you know who Robert Smith is? On Mommy's Butterfly (or wth it's called) FB page he warns women "DO NOT use TF as your midwife" and implies that she's being protected right now (by the Duggars?).

The Duggar protection program? Or the Duggar mafia (kinda like the Amish mafia)

• Love 1

How warm is in in Arkansas right now?  Does the baby really need a winter hat on?  My kids were probably always underdressed, but I only had to have them hot and sweating in clothes (and developing heat rash) once before I learned my lesson.

I've been warned that you can even trigger respiratory issues in some kids by dressing them too warmly, so you need to check carefully for overheated babies just as much as checking to make sure they're warm enough. There's a fine line between using clothing to keep a kid's warmth contained and containing so much of the warmth that they overheat and start sweating or overbreathing to compensate. And there are hats and there are hats. That doesn't look like any indoor hat to me, unless you've got a really cold house.

• Love 3

I think safeguarding her illegal midwife is more about Jessa's ego than anything else. She won't admit she screwed up royally, so the Duggars will play fast and loose with the truth, the same way they did with Jill.

Especially admitting that she screwed up on her most important mission - delivering the next generation of quivers.  

• Love 5

So now a new born baby is spewing religious vitriol?  How low can they sink.  

I thought they were attributing that "quote" to the Original Spurgeon.  Do they really mean their child???!!!!

Nevermind....I'm always falling for the joke everyone else is in on!! LOL@me...

Edited by OhioMom

I thought they were attributing that "quote" to the Original Spurgeon.  Do they really mean their child???!!!!

I'm sure they don't mean their baby when they quote Spurgeon but it is funny to think about them doing that now that their kid's name is Spurgeon.

• Love 1

I'm sure they don't mean their baby when they quote Spurgeon but it is funny to think about them doing that now that their kid's name is Spurgeon.

That poor kid is going to grow up thinking he has to be like Charles Spurgeon.  

That poor kid is going to grow up thinking he has to be like Charles Spurgeon.  

Or deciding that he's going to be the exact opposite of Charles Spurgeon. ....

C'mon, little Spurgeon, take the "I stand for everything they're against" path! I can dream, can't I? Somebody in some Duggar generation has to do it. Why not the new one? He could be an agnostic who nevertheless converts to Catholicism because he likes the ceremony of the mass, favors some theologians -- maybe Augustine, and likes Pope Francis's attempts to nudge the Church back in a social-justice direction. And he'll be a person who never ever preaches to anybody! He'll listen, and try to understand everybody's points of view and reconcile us all to peace.

He'll also be an avid reader and a very hard worker who smokes a little dope on the weekends. (unlike his father, who doesn't smoke any but appears to have smoked it every hour on the hour)

I'm counting on you, Spurgeon.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

How warm is in in Arkansas right now?  Does the baby really need a winter hat on?  My kids were probably always underdressed, but I only had to have them hot and sweating in clothes (and developing heat rash) once before I learned my lesson.

I live in NWA. Right now, the forecast has most days with highs in the 40s and 50s. For the most part, the lows have been in the 40s and 50s, though we had one freeze a couple of weeks ago and it's supposed to be in the 20s Sunday morning. Honestly I don't pay much attention to weather, but I've lived in the area for years, and the weather right now seems pretty standard for November. I've been wearing light jackets most days and have been fine. 

I don't know anything about dressing babies, but I haven't seen anyone else around here sporting winter hats yet. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 2

And there are hats and there are hats. That doesn't look like any indoor hat to me, unless you've got a really cold house.

That hat looks hand-crocheted .....bet some granny leg-humper whipped it up for Spurge. Those large pom-poms always seem so top-heavy and hot.

• Love 3

Why are Jessa and Bin so uptight about shit? They're both in their early 20s. That's way too young to be so..serious. They really need hobbies that don't involve sex or the Bible. Telling people that they're going to Hell is getting old.

I know, right? For two people who live in a free house and don't have to get up to go to work in the morning, they're awfully down on life.

• Love 14

http://theseewaldfamily.com/2015/11/new-devotional

Ben's newest sermon. Do not boast!

This is my favorite part: "Even people who feel like they are less gifted often take great pride in how hard they work. Let this be clear, humanity may boast in itself, but there are no valid grounds for it."     Bin, translated: The Bible tells me that God does everything and I do nothing, so it's illegit to take any satisfaction from feeling I worked hard to accomplish something. Ergo, I won't bother to work at all.

I know, right? For two people who live in a free house and don't have to get up to go to work in the morning, they're awfully down on life.

Free house, no work, lots of restaurant gift cards, newlyweds, all-expense-paid European honeymoon, cute new baby, Cindersister sleeping over in baby's first week so they could sleep all night -- and yet they're the biggest downers I think I've ever seen. I don't get it at all.

• Love 20

Spurgie is a cute kid.

Too cute to have such an ugly name. This is what happens when you have two uneducated, self-serving, Bible-thumping, pseudo-intellectual poseur fuckwits as parents.

Isreal David and Spurgeon Elliott. Ugghh... Spurgeon sounds like some sort of sea crustacean.

• Love 15

How thrilling will their own episodes be?  I was amazed that they got such great ratings for the courtship and wedding stuff both girls had.  Boring courtships and cheapskate weddings.  Ben is a pretentious oaf.    I've known suicidal people with more hope.

BTW, babies are resilient.  In earthquakes, mudflows, etc they are known to survive for a week with nothing.  The newborns are amazing in their ability to live.

• Love 11

Joy was babysitting Sierra's flock. However, Sierra had a c section and complications. She was in the hospital a week. Joy loves Sierra and their family and sits a lot for them. They are fundy, but not too crazy.

Maybe Joy appreciates being able to get out of the TTH. (There may be hope for yet.) And really, Johannah is practically, what -- nine? ten? Surely she's old enough to cook and clean for all her adult brothers and all the howlers, and look after the three youngest girls. Right? I mean, that seems fair...

• Love 6

Free house, no work, lots of restaurant gift cards, newlyweds, all-expense-paid European honeymoon, cute new baby, Cindersister sleeping over in baby's first week so they could sleep all night -- and yet they're the biggest downers I think I've ever seen. I don't get it at all.

I understand what you're saying, but I do get it. They are both ridiculously immature, and they think that being "serious" about God and the Bible makes them appear mature -- like a little girl puttin on her mother's clothes and makeup. We look at them and see adults, but they're not, they're children -- unpleasant children.

• Love 14

Over on Duggar Facebook, a commentors gives a long quote by Charles Spurgeon. Basically, it said that "we" Christians abhor Christmas, implying that it is a superstitious holiday. I'm just wondering if sweetie Spurgeon will be dressed in a cute elf onesie or perhaps a Santa sleeper.

• Love 3

I understand what you're saying, but I do get it. They are both ridiculously immature, and they think that being "serious" about God and the Bible makes them appear mature -- like a little girl puttin on her mother's clothes and makeup. We look at them and see adults, but they're not, they're children -- unpleasant children.

I don't see adults. Maybe if I saw a picture of them and knew nothing about them, I'd see adults. But the truth is that some people never really grow up; I've got a sister like that. An older sister. She's also fairly unpleasant. I have a theory that the two -- unpleasant personality combined with failure to mature -- most often occur in fearful people, uncertain of their place in the world, who like to have a lot of rules about how everyone should behave. These people tend to put themselves in charge of announcing and enforcing the rules, many of which are also their own inventions or their own interpretations. Looking at my sister, I don't have a lot of hope for Jessa and especially for Ben, thirty years from now.

• Love 12

Don't Boast. The same week you're on the cover of People.

I guess Ben's interpretation would be that it was actually God on the cover of People, since God's the one who accomplishes everything? (and the Duggar-Seewalds are among those few select people smart enough to know it) (....Maybe it was actually the Trinity. Father, Son, and the Holy Selfie)

(I wonder why God actually bothered to create people if he still intended to be fully responsible for every good thing all by himself anyway. Seems like he must have created people just so he could watch them feel inferior and useless, on Ben's interpretation....)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

Yeah, that's a good point.

I guess what puzzles me is that, with all the really pleasant things they've had in their lives recently, why don't they just feel so good some of the time and be so busy with good feelings that it doesn't occur to them to post downer Bible quotes every day. I'd expect any newlyweds with many material blessings and an adorable new child to some days just feel so happy and be so engaged in living their new lives that the necessity to convince everybody we're sinners just wouldn't occur to them.... But, of course, feelings come from within, not from the stuff that happens to us, so I'm guessing they must just be kind of depressive-type people -- along with determined sermonizers, of course.  (...and, as JenCarroll just noted, fearful. Being fearful and thus a control freak is kind of the essence of everybody in Duggardom, I do believe.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

Over on Duggar Facebook, a commentors gives a long quote by Charles Spurgeon. Basically, it said that "we" Christians abhor Christmas, implying that it is a superstitious holiday. I'm just wondering if sweetie Spurgeon will be dressed in a cute elf onesie or perhaps a Santa sleeper.

Wow Spurgeon didn't like Christmas?  That's so weird.  Being that the Duggars are all about keeping Christ in Christmas and their Happy birthday Jesus Christmas card maybe they've never actually read Spurgeon's material?  How are Ben and Jessa going to celebrate Christmas after they named their baby after someone who feels Christians should abhor Christmas?  

• Love 5

I guess Ben's interpretation would be that it was actually God on the cover of People, since God's the one who accomplishes everything? (and the Duggar-Seewalds are among those few select people smart enough to know it) (....Maybe it was actually the Trinity. Father, Son, and the Holy Selfie)

(I wonder why God actually bothered to create people if he still intended too be fully responsible for every good thing all by himself anyway. Seems like he must have created people just so he could watch them feel inferior and useless, on Ben's interpretation....)

It's 6:02 AM and I just got my first laugh of the day! God on the cover! Ben is an oaf! The way he pompously tilts his head back every time he utters his revealings makes me laugh, too!

• Love 4

Wow Spurgeon didn't like Christmas?  That's so weird.  Being that the Duggars are all about keeping Christ in Christmas and their Happy birthday Jesus Christmas card maybe they've never actually read Spurgeon's material?  How are Ben and Jessa going to celebrate Christmas after they named their baby after someone who feels Christians should abhor Christmas?  

It wouldn't be the first time they exhibited contradictory behavior. 

(I wonder why God actually bothered to create people if he still intended too be fully responsible for every good thing all by himself anyway. Seems like he must have created people just so he could watch them feel inferior and useless, on Ben's interpretation....)

People are chess pieces on the board of the game God is playing with Satan. Or something.

• Love 7

I found Spurgeon's Sermon about Christmas - titled 'Joy Born at Bethlehem:

WE HAVE NO superstitious regard for times and seasons. Certainly we do not believe in the present ecclesiastical arrangement called Christmas: first, because we do not believe in the mass at all, but abhor it, whether it be said or sung in Latin or in English; and, secondly, because we find no Scriptural warrant whatever for observing any day as the birthday of the Saviour; and, consequently, its observance is a superstition, because not of divine authority. Superstition has fixed most positively the day of our Saviour's birth, although there is no possibility of discovering when it occurred. Fabricius gives a catalogue of 136 different learned opinions upon the matter; and various divines invent weighty arguments for advocating a date in every month in the year. It was not till the middle of the third century that any part of the church celebrated the nativity of our Lord; and it was not till very long after the Western church had set the example, that the Eastern adopted it. Because the day is not known, therefore superstition has fixed it; while, since the day of the death of our Saviour might be determined with much certainty, therefore superstition shifts the date of its observance every year. Where is the method in the madness of the superstitious? Probably the fact is that the holy days were arranged to fit in with heathen festivals. We venture to assert, that if there be any day in the year, of which we may be pretty sure that it was not the day on which the Saviour was born, it is the twenty-fifth of December.

Edited by Defrauder
  • Love 8

Don't Boast. The same week you're on the cover of People.

Don't know if this has been posted already. The Benessa family has once again made this week's People magazine. This time it's on the "Passages" page under Baby News announcing Spurgey's name. (This is where they should have been originally, not on the cover & in the feature article.) They were the first ones listed &there was a small picture accompanying it. Somehow the rest of the Baby News families didn't warrant a picture.

They are mentioned on the Mailbag page too, along with another family picture. At least they had one negative comment. "This family does not represent the average family today. You should be giving credit to people who have actually accomplished something in life." Amen.

• Love 7