Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I don't know; I tend to think the speculation is probably true that because they're pregnancy obsessed, Jill and Jessa made/make the most of it, pushing their stomachs out and trying to accentuate them. Still, I'm guessing genetically they also have a predisposition toward showing early and prominently. It's surprising considering how small they are, but I doubt she would have lied about the due date, since it will no doubt be turned into a Very Special Episode.

• Love 2

Given how jessa and ben had their first kiss privately, maybe they gave a later due date so there wouldn't be as many cameras around when she actually goes into labor. Can't see her being ok with pushing out a kid in front of *everyone*

• Love 2

Jessa was also so thin, too thin, that it doesn't surprise me that she showed early and, perhaps, gained weight quickly if she had been going hungry just a few months earlier to lose weight for the wedding.

Michelle always showed large (not helped by tent like dressed) even though she has a very tiny frame, and even though her babies weren't particularly large. It may just be the way they are going to carry.

Are there any doubts that Jessa would lie about her due date? What are the chances that her due date would ~magically fall~ on the exact date of their one year wedding anniversary? I understand coincidences do happen, but this is Jessa and the Duggars we're talking about. I think being an attention-seeker trumps pure coincidence in this case. Jill got pregnant on her honeymoon so Jessa needed something else to steal her sister's thunder. So she pulled out out the "baby due on our wedding anniversary" card. I'm sure it was soooo "special" for them!

• Love 2

Has it struck anyone else that Jessa's dates are not adding up?

Israel Dillard was born April 6. As another poster noted in the thread for his birth episode, Jessa's pregnancy was evident toward the end of that episode, when she would have been only two months along. And she was obviously showing on Instagram before early April.

What am I missing?

Tbh they probably have us a the wrong due date 1 to make it look good that's it's in their annaversry and 2 so people don't crowd the hospital or wherever when it's time to go and have baby

I bet that she will have the kid on her anniversary and be induced to rub it in their faces saying look what I did.

Unless the baby decides to make its entrance before the supposedly due date.

Given that they are newlywed and probably, um, having pretty regular sex, I don't think they know with much certainty when their actual due dates are. There's no shame in that - there's a reason few babies are born on that actual date, after all. But if it's within that ballpark, well, they have a show to do, and shows need a narrative. "Our first anniversary" actually is more realistic likely than the honeymoon baby who wouldn't arrive!

• Love 1

Do midwives not do an early ultrasound to calculate a due date? With both of my pregnancies, I had an ultrasound done at my first OB appointment, and they estimated how far along I was down to the day based on how developed the baby was. What would be the reasoning behind NOT doing this? Like GEML said, they're likely unable to pinpoint a conception date, so wouldn't they want to use the tools available to calculate a reasonably accurate gestational age and due date?

• Love 1
(edited)

Just saw above....came here to post about the bad Duggar diet... I don't think they were trying to eat healthy for much of their life, also look at Josh,etc. Since they can't show their stomachs publicly, they probably had slightly rounded stomachs to begin with (nothing wrong with that), and yes that pose. Also my friend had a first baby due three weeks earlier than due but born on her first wedding anniversary. 

Then I saw the picture of the coffin ...

WTF!

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1

I would have thought they would do a six week ultrasound, but I also though Jill would have had an ultrasound at 40+ weeks, and it's pretty clear she didn't, so I'm guessing they only have an ultrasound for the gender reveal.

• Love 2

Most states only require one ultrasound per pregnancy if a woman wants a low-medical intervention pregnancy. Usually a midwife or OB will time the ultrasound to determine gender, but it's more to find out if there are any life-threatening genetic deformities.

The only other test that's required by most states is the 1-hr/3-hr gestational diabetes test.

I had assumed they did an actual health-based ultrasound at around 18 weeks, but I'm no longer convinced that they did anything other than a vanity type.

• Love 1

This is mean-spirited, but I just read Bin's comments with the oh-so-lovely casket picture.

I'm going to laugh if their full-term baby arrives at any time before November 1st.

And I'd also like to ask Bin how he is so positive "where he's going". Right.

• Love 2

LMAO, Bin is too much. Gotta say, when he's refraining from making offensive comments about abortion and the Holocaust, his polemic can be very entertaining.

You are racing towards eternity with no backtracking or rewinds...Are you prepared? How do you know?

I don't know, Ben. Neither do you. But if I follow God, it's going to be because I truly believe in Him, and not because I'm afraid of the consequences if I don't.
  • Love 13

What makes him so sure HE'S prepared? Hmm, I'm pretty sure I can find a few Bible versus warning against hubris and arrogance. Proverbs is full of them.

For a teenager who's getting laid on the regular he's quite the Debbie Downer.

• Love 9

This is mean-spirited, but I just read Bin's comments with the oh-so-lovely casket picture.

I'm going to laugh if their full-term baby arrives at any time before November 1st.

And I'd also like to ask Bin how he is so positive "where he's going". Right.

Oh, that's easy. Ben is sure because he's 19. Nearly all teens/20-somethings have everything figured out. And they are, in addition, baffled as to why their parents and elders are having such a tough time. I've said it before, so forgive the repetition but, they just don't know what they don't know yet. It's called Life, and a vast majority of them really haven't experienced much of it yet. Sadly, the more close-minded they are, the less they will gain over time - IMO. This type of individual will be "19 and holding" for the rest of his/her life.

• Love 14

Jill's midwife was licensed, and we all know how that birth turned out. :/

I think another poster posted on a Jill thread that Venessa was not on a list of licensed midwives in AR. 

they just don't know what they don't know yet. It's called Life, and a vast majority of them really haven't experienced much of it yet.

This is so, so true, and it's the thing that bothers me most about their early marriages. Everyone's different, and I know a lot of regular commenters here were married very young, so I'm not trying to offend. But I got married for the first time at 25, and 11 years later we divorced, largely because we had grown into entirely different people. Bin and Jessa absolutely think they have life figured out, but what's going to happen the first time they're faced with those gray areas that seem to come along more frequently the older we get? The only thing I'm sure of in middle age is that I'm not sure of ANYTHING I thought I was sure of when I was Bin's age.

And I can't quite figure out what the deal is with her due date, but if she's really only three months pregnant right now, she's having quadruplets.

• Love 12

I think another poster posted on a Jill thread that Venessa was not on a list of licensed midwives in AR. 

I posted that. I also posted that Vanessa was NOT her attending midwife. "Miss Joy's" full name is on the Jerick thread. I will be curious if Jessa goes with Miss Joy, due primarily to the Query connection. 

• Love 1

I posted that. I also posted that Vanessa was NOT her attending midwife. "Miss Joy's" full name is on the Jerick thread. I will be curious if Jessa goes with Miss Joy, due primarily to the Query connection. 

Ok I was confused for a minute thanks for the clarification.

I sure hope Jessa knows better and sees a OB regularly.

• Love 1

No, I've seen other pics of her, before they announced, and her boobs were a dead giveaway that she was knocked up. She was lucky to be an A cup beforehand. Now, she looks like she's rocking a solid C. 

• Love 4

. Sadly, the more close-minded they are, the less they will gain over time - IMO. This type of individual will be "19 and holding" for the rest of his/her life.

Just like Jim Bob and Michelle.

The only thing I'm sure of in middle age is that I'm not sure of ANYTHING I thought I was sure of when I was Bin's age.

So very, very true. I wish Jessa (and Jill, based on the birth crack-up) had to go undergo some real character building, not the kind where you memorize a list. They needed to get fired, dumped, and have their transmission blow all in the same week, then be forced to deal with it. Or be a good partner, but get cheated on anyways. There's slight evidence Josh's views might be changing, but I think it'll be much more glacial. They'll all be in their late 30's, dealing with a 20yo's life dilemmas.

• Love 5

Wow, Jessa has packed on a ton of weight already. I wonder how she's coping.

Didn't she lose a lot of weight before the wedding though?  She looked pretty skinny to me at that point. I'm sure her body was fighting to re-gain that weight already and then she got pregnant, so I can kind of understand how she gained weight really fast.

Oh no what if Jessa ends up with Mechelle's figure after having 1 baby. Will she run to Weight watchers or will Binjermin make her a nice workout routine? That would be such fun tv viewing.

• Love 2

Jill's post-baby body is reminiscent of Michelle's, and so far Jessa's "girls" are very Michelle-ish. It is quite surprising since she seems so very petite pre-pregnancy. It seems her body has really been making a transformation so quickly!

(edited)

Maybe she'll go the Kim K route and blame God for her weight gain:)

When Jill was walking out of church in those clunky sandals and frumpy top, my first thought was " omg, she looks exactly like her mother." That's funny you all have noticed it as well.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

Wow, Jessa has packed on a ton of weight already. I wonder how she's coping.

She looks way better thick IMO, same with Jill. A lot different than Josh getting a giant belly and losing his hair.

• Love 3

The same depressing dirges get tiresome after a while. I do not get this mindset that there is no joy in this life, that it should be saved for the afterlife. Everything is brimstone and hellfire to him. This video was unintentionally comical due to its irony of the logical fallacy. Ben's guest apparently wrote a book about them but used them with abandon. LOL

• Love 3
It seems like Bin really wants his own little God Talk tv show.

If that's the case, then I suggest he join Toastmasters immediately because that boy does not have a natural gift for public speaking. 

• Love 2
Lots of crap food in Benessa's diet of late. I guess it goes down good with their daily dose of fire and brimstone.

https://instagram.co...-by=ben_seewald

How dare you, In-N-Out is delicious. If we're going to go with religious fast food chains, In-N-Out >>>>> Chick-fil-A.

I do wish the Duggars would stay away though. DNW to associate my favorite fast food joint with these jerks. 

• Love 6

How dare you, In-N-Out is delicious. If we're going to go with religious fast food chains, In-N-Out >>>>> Chick-fil-A.

I do wish the Duggars would stay away though. DNW to associate my favorite fast food joint with these jerks. 

Guess I'm glad we have neither of them in my neck of the woods...

• Love 1
(edited)

Is Jessa's skin looking better in that burger joint photo than it has in a long time or is it due to some clever filtering? Going by her nose it doesn't look like she's wearing her usual pancake makeup.

Edited by Vaysh

Anyone else seen the "Beware of God" sign Ben and Jessa supposedly posted on their front door? Good lord (no, not in that way). Every time they seem to be edging toward possible normalcy, they go all Jerry Falwell batshit with something like this. I guess it's Bin's idea of stirring up PR for his future ministry. I think divinity school might be a better plan.

• Love 2