Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: The Weddings

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Regarding Sonia - affirming her looks the way she wants is the quickest path to being friendzoned.  Withholding your approval will lead to sex.  It's basic gamesmanship.  Would it be a nice thing for him to do?  Sure.  But being nice has had disastrous consequences on this show.  I'm not sure whether or not he's thinking that far ahead but it's how I'd play the situation.  And I wouldn't be one of these dudes begging for a high-five 6 weeks into a marriage.

Beyond that, Sonia seems like a nice enough person but she'd get on my nerves quickly.  No way I could stay married to her unless she calmed down a lot.

Lillian seemed like she's giving this a legitimate shot.  If Tom doesn't have a problem with the hair thing, neither do I.  We'll see how the next week goes.

I watched this again and this time I felt that it was Sonia who was not into Nick.  Sonia kept saying, "does he think I'm pretty, what if he doesn't think I'm pretty?"  But Nick when Nick went to kiss her, she'd pull away, even though she was smiling at him.  I think when Nick is nervous, he clams up, when Sonia is nervous, she smiles and laughs.  From the outside, it might look like she was more into him than he was into her, but I don't think so.  Also, Sonia seemed more mature than Nick who should have "Mama's Boy" tattooed on his forehead.

Lillian just needs to stop blow drying/straightening/coloring her hair, I get the feeling she does all three.  Lillian and Tom had a lot of chemistry in the beginning, sometimes that's good, other times not so good.

I don't know but Derek looked stoned to me, I couldn't even see his eyes, I was wondering if they were red.

Heather looks older than she says she is.  I agree that something, maybe her job, maybe having to deal with nasty, drunk men on airplanes, have jaded her.  

As for the tattoos, I think it's a generational thing, somewhat like pierced ears.  I have friends who are in their late fifties and early sixties, who don't have pierced ears.  One woman said her father told her "only gypsies pierce their ears" (this woman is in her late sixties now) and another friend whose father said it was barbaric (that woman is in her late fifties).  When I was younger, getting a tattoo was considered "rebellious."  Sailors and bikers had them, they weren't things that the average person went for.   Today, it seems like every other person has one, it's seen as self expression today.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Heather looks older than she says she is.  I agree that something, maybe her job, maybe having to deal with nasty, drunk men on airplanes, have jaded her.  

I noticed that, even when she makes a cry-face, the forehead doesn't move.  Heather needs to go back in time and convince her younger self to date Boring Nice Guys™.  Past drama might have been exciting, but it's damaged her...possibly beyond repair.  Did you see the blank stare when she says, "Thank you for the advice" in the preview?  That's a detached, empty woman.

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, seasick said:

no, the point was that being in Miami they are not always confined indoors--but as Wings noted to me, it's brutal in the summer.  'Outdoor living' is not that appealing

Actually.our weather has been nicer than much of the country this summer. No 100 degree days...hot but nice and ocean breezes.

• Love 1

At least they all kissed somewhat haha! I really like Lilly and Tom. Tom is nice looking and even nicer acting...all the pearl worry here was for nothing as he was cool and understanding. I like the way these two are bonding..sweet!     Sonia and Nick were awkward...maybe her time waste to say vows made him more uncomfortable. Why would experts match a dog lover with a person with a fear of dogs?                      Not sure about Heather and Derek but I do think the photog pushed the kisses. All in all better than last 2 seasons so far I do think. Team Tom and Lilly!!

• Love 3

OK - I don't have pierced ears, old people stuff - when I was in college some girls were piercing their own ears with needles, I begged off,it looked painful - then one girl got her ear infected - it was horrible, she lost part of her ear. Ugh no thanks - but I admit I am the only adult woman I know without pierced ears, I just tell people I have enough holes in my head already. 

As to living on the bus - heck, that bus looked nice and it was near the beach - I used to have a trailer near the beach that I would stay in during the summer, I loved it, Of course I had a house for the winter. If you don't have tons of clothes a trailer can be a very nice place to live and trailer parks can be upscale, mine was. 

We have to keep in mind that each of these people might have either or both desires for being on here - 50K or wanting to be on TV. I can see where doing interiors is an off and on business I can see where Tom needed to make some off season money. Lillian is in Florida real estate - ditto for her. Florida real estate has not rebounded that much except in luxury homes. Sofia just has too much hair, just too much. Nick, I thought was fine

16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I kind of agree with this.  Why do people think that there always has to be some ulterior motive for behavior.  Some folks are just more introverted and shy than others.  

As for Nick being in real estate, there are many actors, who are huge introverts.  They're fine with being on stage, or doing something that relates to their jobs, but in the personal arena, they shut down.  I have met actors who are like that, some quite successful, and I often wonder how they can get in front of a camera and act so confident when they have a hard time talking with a small group of people, or one on one. 

But, this was only the second episode, so we'll have to see what happens.

OK confession In real life I am morbidly shy, but at work, I managed over 100 people including hiring and firing them, It was all an act, when I knew I had to interface with someone, I would put on a professional face as warranted by  our reason for meeting and play out a part I had scripted in my head, but in real life situations, I mostly sit in a corner and watch people. I did not want to be a manger, jsut wanted to be a coder in the corner, but every job I had they would promote me out of that position. in real life I can pick up some behavior cues enough so that some people think I am nervy and not shy at all, note: it is all an act, I die a little inside each time I do that. 

• Love 15

But Nick when Nick went to kiss her, she'd pull away, even though she was smiling at him.  I think when Nick is nervous, he clams up, when Sonia is nervous, she smiles and laughs. 

Hiding behind her smile maybe?  I know a lot of people like that.  The big, huge smile to hide what they are really thinking and feeling.

OK confession In real life I am morbidly shy, but at work, I managed over 100 people including hiring and firing them, It was all an act

Me too. One of the reasons I was more sympathetic than most last season with Ashley was because I could see how she was acting a role with some people (the kickball game especially, she seemed to be trying so hard to be "outgoing" there) and just shutting down when it came to anybody really infringing on her personal space (not just David either--I don't think her aversion to the strippers at her bachelorette party was so much due to morals as people getting way too close to her).

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

As for the tattoos, I think it's a generational thing, somewhat like pierced ears.  I have friends who are in their late fifties and early sixties, who don't have pierced ears.  One woman said her father told her "only gypsies pierce their ears" (this woman is in her late sixties now) and another friend whose father said it was barbaric (that woman is in her late fifties).  When I was younger, getting a tattoo was considered "rebellious."  Sailors and bikers had them, they weren't things that the average person went for.   Today, it seems like every other person has one, it's seen as self expression today.

13 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

I noticed that, even when she makes a cry-face, the forehead doesn't move.  Heather needs to go back in time and convince her younger self to date Boring Nice Guys™.  Past drama might have been exciting, but it's damaged her...possibly beyond repair.  Did you see the blank stare when she says, "Thank you for the advice" in the preview?  That's a detached, empty woman.

I have some Indian people in my family and as soon as my daughter was born, people were asking me when I was going pierce her ears.  It seems like it is common to have baby girls have pierced ears in their culture...they think it is cute.  I told them perhaps we should wait until she can support her own head and stop drooling, before we could think about fabulous accessories.

For some reason whenever I think of "world weary stewardess" I think of Jackie Brown from the Tarantino movie.  I am now picturing Heather trying to steal half a million from Samuel Jackson.

• Love 3

In all sincerity, I need to ask--what is 'shyness' at the adult level?   For the shy folks--how does this present itself in everyday life?

As a kid, and especially a teen,  if I walked in the house where my parents had company, I was expected to stand and say hello--likely answer a few questions ('have you picked out a college yet? or how was your summer? ) even though I preferred to sink into the carpet. (one word answers were not acceptable)  When a little older I was expected to perhaps return a question (how is Suzy doing?  or how was your trip?)   I don't know if I was shy or not--I didn't burst into the room anxious to interact but I wasn't permitted to not make a polite social interchange.  

At the community pool a gf of mine may strike up a conversation with a stranger over the book she sees they are reading.  I may or may not if I am by myself. If everyone is grouped up and I am alone--I feel self-conscious at first. I would likely not interact. Would I ask someone if the restrooms are open inside? maybe..  If a neighbor walks by and strikes up a conversation I will stand and chat even though I don't know them.

At the grocery store if someone asks me if I know what aisle the tuna is in I tell them.  I've asked others for directions the same.  I recently attended a memorial service (alone) where I knew only the bereaved parents. I gave my condolences to the loved ones and then split.  I didn't care to sit with people I didn't know and eat.. At a wedding where you are sometimes seated with people you don't know, I would likely eventually strike up a conversation, but I wouldn't ;perhaps be so outgoing as to immediately introduce myself etc.   

So I'm not sure say--in those scenerios or others--how a shy person would be different. I guess I would think that even a shy person may not be out-going per se, but would be willing and able to make polite conversations in a social setting such as a wedding.   I don't consider myself shy.. but being the center of attention at a wedding where all eyes are on you would be kind of excruciating to me.  But I have been taught to 'suck it up' and and be polite and social, and even ask questions and act interested in others.

So I guess because I was 'taught--'forced' you might say to get over my feelings in those situations I don't know how a shy person would act any differently?  I promise I'm not trying to be judgemental--only to understand-- but It seems even a 'shy' adult should know how to make polite, appropriate conversation.  Very often it is an "act' until you get comfortable-- but that's part of living adult life, no? 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

I'm willing to give Nick the benefit of the doubt right now. I'm married to an engineer and let me tell you when we first started dating, he was sooooo socially awkward but I thought it was endearing and cute. Fast forward 5 plus years and we are married and he is able to talk freely even about his emotions. Some people just take time, though on this show time is not on your side 

I have one of those, too <3  I didn't know that Nick was an engineer, but now that I do, his reserved demeanor makes sense.  Analytical, thoughtful, somewhat cautious.  Of course this doesn't apply to all engineers, but a goodly number of the ones I know, sure.

ETA:  Oh, derp!  I interpreted the OP's comment wrong, my bad!  I knew he managed vacation properties, but I thought OP was saying he was an engineer by training.  Reading is fundamental :/  Nothing to see here, folks, move on...

Edited by Lovecat
Reading comprehension
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

I have one of those, too <3  I didn't know that Nick was an engineer, but now that I do, his reserved demeanor makes sense.  Analytical, thoughtful, somewhat cautious.  Of course this doesn't apply to all engineers, but a goodly number of the ones I know, sure.

Nick is not an engineer. He is a rental/vacation home manager I think. 

• Love 1

Very often it is an "act' until you get comfortable-- but that's part of living adult life, no? 

Speaking only for myself as a shy/introverted person, you don't get comfortable, ever.  That is the problem:  it is always an effort to make small talk, to think of something to say.  Or to know the right thing to say.  It is draining, which is why introverts often just avoid social situations.   

As to why an introvert would do this show, or any reality show, I have no clue.  All last season I kept wondering what the heck Ashley was thinking.  Nick I don't think will be such a disaster...but it is early days yet.

• Love 10
On 8/3/2016 at 11:46 AM, seasick said:

Nick was totally wasted when talking to Sonia's bridesmaids.  I took 'I love her' to mean he liked her alot so far.  He's the kind of drinker who doesn't get sloppy or slur or silly.  Those are the more insidious types.  Danger ahead.

I took Nick's "I love her" to be sarcasm -- as he thought it was a ridiculous question to be asked of him and felt put on the spot. His response was droll.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lola16 said:

I took Nick's "I love her" to be sarcasm -- as he thought it was a ridiculous question to be asked of him and felt put on the spot. His response was droll.

But (I thought) he was asked what he thought of Sonia?  I love Frasier Craneishness as much as the next guy but if I'm recalling the question accurately, it's not that unreasonable.  No?   And then people have to know your normal sense of humor to know when you're being a smartass.  I don't know.  I like it I just think if this is what he was doing, he needs practice.  

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

But (I thought) he was asked what he thought of Sonia?  I love Frasier Craneishness as much as the next guy but if I'm recalling the question accurately, it's not that unreasonable.  No?   And then people have to know your normal sense of humor to know when you're being a smartass.  I don't know.  I like it I just think if this is what he was doing, he needs practice.  

This is what I remember too. They asked what he thought of her. Not if he loved her. I think even they wouldn't have thought of that question at this point yet. He came off more like he had to much to drink, realized what he said and tried to change it to something else when they kind of looked at him like wtf? IF by chance it was suppose to be sarcasm it would have come off a little rude anyway since they didn't ask anything about love.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, seasick said:

In all sincerity, I need to ask--what is 'shyness' at the adult level?   For the shy folks--how does this present itself in everyday life?

I am fairly shy at an adult level. When I go to the park with my toddler, I have to admit that making small talk with other random moms doesnt come easily to me. Giving presentations to more than 3 people makes my hands sweaty. In grad school my classmates would laugh about the fact that I was in a healthcare program "YOURE gonna work with PEOPLE! hahaha!" However at work - guess what? I am fine

• Love 3

Heather seems to come from a stable family, has people who love her, and a job she says she enjoys, so I dont know why she is so "pissed off" all the time, or at least this is the attitude she seems to give off - is it being single at 32? She doesnt strike me as the old-fashioned type who would be so bothered by that but who knows. And yes, whoever said tattoos do not go well with wedding dresses, I agree, I think they are not ladylike. A giant one on the arm screams "trashy" to me idk why. Lily looked  very pretty at the wedding, and she has a beautiful smile. Sonia needs to wear her hair straight all the time, she looks sooooo much better that way and more "subdued", as she already has huge round green eyes and a megawatt smile. I do not think Sonia and Nick look good together. Lily and Tom look like an organically made couple. I hope they dont ruin it by doing it on the wedding night. Derek is good looking and athletic but something about the way he talks and squints his eyes doesnt really seem right. 

• Love 1

I agree ...Tom and Lily are really hitting it off...not in a smarmy way like Ryan d and Jessica...but in a nice natural attraction...dare I say like Courtney and Jason? Tom is really sweet and a good dancer! Lilly seems to appreciate him which is sweet. They are not pawing each other and Tom is not calculating how soon he can "consumate" the marriage haha (Tre). I think they are very natural the way two people on a well matched blind date would act...except of course they are married! All the pearl drama was so well handled by Tom...he is a very nice guy. Happy hopes for a good season. I hope the dire previews were just a one off bad moment for each couple? We need a winner this season...hope for three but if just Tom and Lilly that will be cool. 

• Love 6

Thanks Henrysmom and Kat for your responses.  Not to get OT here but I guess it confuses me also when someone would go on a reality show, but yet be "shy".   So I have a hard time accepting it as that. But I can understand maybe 'social' anxiety?   Definately don't like public speaking!  It was once listed as the top fear above death.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Do you think it was real or producer driven? 

But how would the producers have known that LIlly's sis was upset? Lillian even shed a couple of tears while appealing to her sister. I dont think she is that good an actress to fake it. I think it might have been real. 

• Love 1

I know that they got married in 14 days, but in 14 days it never came up why Lily didn't pick her sister as a bridesmaid? But, I do believe production might have just asked her sister an "innocent" question like "Why aren't you one of Lily's bridesmaids?" and the sister knew enough to bring it up on camera (hey, if you're not going to get camera time as a bridesmaid, you'll definitely get some trying to instigate a fight). I sort of glossed over that scene - why did Lily say she didn't pick her?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

I know that they got married in 14 days, but in 14 days it never came up why Lily didn't pick her sister as a bridesmaid? But, I do believe production might have just asked her sister an "innocent" question like "Why aren't you one of Lily's bridesmaids?" and the sister knew enough to bring it up on camera (hey, if you're not going to get camera time as a bridesmaid, you'll definitely get some trying to instigate a fight). I sort of glossed over that scene - why did Lily say she didn't pick her?

• Love 2

As to why an introvert would do this show, or any reality show, I have no clue.  All last season I kept wondering what the heck Ashley was thinking.  Nick I don't think will be such a disaster...but it is early days yet.

I don't think last season's Ashley was shy or introverted.  She was caught up in her web of lies.  She apparently went on the show to make her ex jealous in order to manipulate a wedding proposal from him.  She didn't want to show any interest or attraction in her "husband" and turn off the ex. 

• Love 7

If that is really true about Ashley using the show (and David) to make her ex jealous, that's despicable.  Years and years ago on The Tonight Show when Johnny Carson was still on, he had Helen Gurley Brown - editor/publisher of Cosmopolitan - on as a guest.  He asked her what a person should do if they can't get the one they love to commit and propose marriage, and she said the same thing!!!  Marry someone else to make the person jealous.  Johnny could not believe it.  Helen thought nothing of it.  Sadly, if true, Ashley is not the first woman to think of using a man in this way.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, JapMo said:

If that is really true about Ashley using the show (and David) to make her ex jealous, that's despicable.  Years and years ago on The Tonight Show when Johnny Carson was still on, he had Helen Gurley Brown - editor/publisher of Cosmopolitan - on as a guest.  He asked her what a person should do if they can't get the one they love to commit and propose marriage, and she said the same thing!!!  Marry someone else to make the person jealous.  Johnny could not believe it.  Helen thought nothing of it.  Sadly, if true, Ashley is not the first woman to think of using a man in this way.

Lol.  Um, what the hell do you do if it works?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I don't think last season's Ashley was shy or introverted.  She was caught up in her web of lies.  She apparently went on the show to make her ex jealous in order to manipulate a wedding proposal from him.  She didn't want to show any interest or attraction in her "husband" and turn off the ex. 

1 hour ago, JapMo said:

f that is really true about Ashley using the show (and David) to make her ex jealous, that's despicable.  Years and years ago on The Tonight Show when Johnny Carson was still on, he had Helen Gurley Brown - editor/publisher of Cosmopolitan - on as a guest.  He asked her what a person should do if they can't get the one they love to commit and propose marriage, and she said the same thing!!!  Marry someone else to make the person jealous.  Johnny could not believe it.  Helen thought nothing of it.  Sadly, if true, Ashley is not the first woman to think of using a man in this way.

Good lord, this is such an old school pathetic childish way of looking at things.  Jamie Otis in the first season actually went on the Bachelor to make her ex jealous.   Guess what lady, if you have to do such drastic things to make a guy like you...he's not that into you.

I also had a theory that Jamie married Doug to make her ex jealous, on at least a subconscious level.  Unfortunately for her, the ex just moved on with someone else.  She is still obsessed with "the ex" , thinks he is her best friend, and wants to talk to him every day.

1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol.  Um, what the hell do you do if it works?

Seriously, do you just divorce the poor guy that you married, now that the guy you really wanted is interested?  What a despicable thing to do to a person.

I think the most introverted person to come on this show was last season's Neil, of course things did not work out well for him.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 5

Producer Driven Shit=PDS

Prime example: the tease with Nick yelling at Sonia.

Flashback- Ryan yelling at Jessica or Sonia driving Nick to yell out of frustration, we don't know the dynamic of the couple yet

Another example of PDS: Lily's reaction driving up to see the bus.

You don't think that Tom droned on and on about his pet project the whole honeymoon?

Spare us the faux drama.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

It sure sounded like Jamie Otis did exactly the same thing in the first season.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I didn't think it was an unreasonable question. But Nick looked off-put. And I thought it was a reflexive sarcastic remark.

If he is truly someone who cannot express himself in the moment, I could see him replying with sarcasm - whether it is warranted or not; whether he does it well or not.  Could be a go-to for him.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Lola16 said:

I didn't think it was an unreasonable question. But Nick looked off-put. And I thought it was a reflexive sarcastic remark.

If he is truly someone who cannot express himself in the moment, I could see him replying with sarcasm - whether it is warranted or not; whether he does it well or not.  Could be a go-to for him.

Lola, I hope we would not be on opposite sides this season. *winks*

• Love 1

I had a dream last night I somehow got roped into getting Married At First Sight and in between bouts of crying and freaking out, one my primary dream thoughts was "Well, at least now I can found out and tell Tara Ariano whether it's REALLY a legal marriage or not! Can't wait to give her the inside scoop!"

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ctbabe said:

Im not sure what exacly happened but I think her sister did not get to be a maid of honor so she asked a friend. Also, if I am not mistaken, didnt her suster's husband Yusef walk her down the aisle and they shared a lot of special moments together ?? If i were her sister I would be pissed, good grief if I had a sister and she chose my husband to walk her down the aisle, I better be a maid of honor. Thats what sisters are for anyway, even if they fight. 

• Love 1

Regardless of if the sister was ticked off about not being a bridesmaid, she shouldn't have said anything on the bride's wedding day. Way to be a downer! She could've addressed the situation before or after the wedding date. On your wedding day you just want to focus on being happy and celebrating. It was super rude and if it was producer driven shame on them for ruining what could be their only wedding (although unlikely) for the rest of their life

• Love 7

Im not sure what exacly happened but I think her sister did not get to be a maid of honor so she asked a friend. Also, if I am not mistaken, didnt her suster's husband Yusef walk her down the aisle and they shared a lot of special moments together ?? If i were her sister I would be pissed, good grief if I had a sister and she chose my husband to walk her down the aisle, I better be a maid of honor. 

I think Lily has two sisters, one was a bridesmaid and one wasn't.  The one who was lived close by, and the other didn't.  Anybody remember for sure?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kat12379 said:

Im not sure what exacly happened but I think her sister did not get to be a maid of honor so she asked a friend. Also, if I am not mistaken, didnt her suster's husband Yusef walk her down the aisle and they shared a lot of special moments together ?? If i were her sister I would be pissed, good grief if I had a sister and she chose my husband to walk her down the aisle, I better be a maid of honor. Thats what sisters are for anyway, even if they fight. 

I thought she said brother but maybe it was brother-in-law I have no clue. Yet maybe the reason she wasn't asked was because she couldn't get there until the day of or night before and there was no time for her to get fitted into the dresses she had for them. All I know is IMO I didn't have my sister at my wedding and I never would have had her there or stand up there with me. Sometimes there are more things going on then others know and its best those people aren't even there or the very least part of it in some way. My best friend that I have known since 7th grade was there with me because she is more like a sister to me. Yet our wedding was super small (under 10 people counting us). 

1 minute ago, henrysmom said:

I think Lily has two sisters, one was a bridesmaid and one wasn't.  The one who was lived close by, and the other didn't.  Anybody remember for sure?

Yes she does and you remembered right. The one was and spoke at the reception and soon after we had other sister drama for no reason at all. Sorry but she would have known ahead of time she wasn't part of the wedding party and why. So I call BS on the whole drama over it. Unless they have some sort of strained relationship I can't see why they wouldn't have discussed this before the wedding and her sister coming down there. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Yes she does and you remembered right. The one was and spoke at the reception and soon after we had other sister drama for no reason at all. Sorry but she would have known ahead of time she wasn't part of the wedding party and why. So I call BS on the whole drama over it. Unless they have some sort of strained relationship I can't see why they wouldn't have discussed this before the wedding and her sister coming down there. 

Maybe because she wasn't told to give the toast angered her more. She just didn't feel included. BUT she could have waited till after the wedding.

• Love 2

Is anyone else concerned about Nick's mother being a PITA?  I thought it was strange she gave the toast at the wedding instead of the best man.  She seems to be a bit of a control freak, especially when it comes to Nick.  I hope she turns out to be the great mother-in-law she says she'll be but something about her is setting off some red flags.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ctbabe said:

Lola, I hope we would not be on opposite sides this season. *winks*

I don't have a side as I don't know any of these people in real life. Last season, I objected to the relentless name calling of one of the participants as well as the constant criticism of the women's looks (while the guys were given passes by the same posters).  Then I found the ignore feature of the site and all was well.

53 minutes ago, Paddywagon said:

Is anyone else concerned about Nick's mother being a PITA?  I thought it was strange she gave the toast at the wedding instead of the best man.  She seems to be a bit of a control freak, especially when it comes to Nick.  I hope she turns out to be the great mother-in-law she says she'll be but something about her is setting off some red flags.

Oh yea, she showed her hand when she said she wasn't going to interfere. Nick raised his eyebrow.

On 8/3/2016 at 0:23 AM, Madding crowd said:

When he said "I love her" to his friends in a monotone voice, i was seriously wondering what was wrong with him.

I know, right?  That was so bizarre.

• Love 1

Fedex has this thing called overnight delivery.

If Lily was truly devastated her NJ sis couldn't be in the wedding because of dress fittings, she would ship her a dress and have the sis get it altered in NJ.

Lily and NJ sister have issues but it never would have made it on camera but for the producers.

Maybe the production budget didn't allow for the above plan. Who knows?

Nick is a very interesting participant who hasn't revealed enough about his personality to surmise why he quipped "I love her" to the group of bridesmaids who were prodded by producers to ask Nick how he felt about his bride just hours after marrying her.

• Love 3
On 8/3/2016 at 8:04 AM, Boofish said:

I'm not buying Nick is that shy. When a man likes you shy or not it's obvious. Maybe he will warm up to her but he is Jamie levels of uncomfortable at this wedding. 

His mother mentioned he kept things inside and that reads shy.  I believe he is.  There were cameras in his face which contributed to his discomfort, too. 

Saying you look nice, pretty or beautiful to your new bride is common manners.  What else to they have to talk about initially during their very first conversation?  I see this as lacking social grace.  He will open up when they start having some time without the cameras where they are able to talk about production and bond over the actual experience of this. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, wings707 said:

His mother mentioned he kept things inside and that reads shy.  I believe he is.  There were cameras in his face which contributed to his discomfort, too. 

Saying you look nice, pretty or beautiful to your new bride is common manners.  What else to they have to talk about initially during their very first conversation?  I see this as lacking social grace.  He will open up when they start having some time without the cameras where they are able to talk about production and bond over the actual experience of this. 

Guess what? My mom would say that same crap as well. That I was shy and kept things in and was depressed...blah blah blah. Yet it was her I kept things in from. It was her that kept being from not being shy as a kid/teen. Sometimes its a parent just assuming things when really they are not like that with others and outside of that home/family/person. To me he didn't come off shy at all when he went to go get the ring or any time he was shown and wasn't around mom. I think mom is one of those that just speaks over him maybe and so he is quiet because of it when she is there. Doesn't make a person shy though. Just would mean he needs to realize to tell mom to shut up and butt out at some point if this is the case. LOL But I am not seeing shy with this guy at all. 

• Love 2
On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 9:50 AM, Boofish said:

If my husband toasted me after our wedding with "Cheers for going thru that" (whether we just met or not) I would cut my loses. 

I think he is so awkward that his compliments come out sounding uncomplementary. it also happened at the altar when he said "hmmm, I'll take that." To me it sounded like a comment made when you are settling. (Mind you, I am of the team that thinks he really does like her just doesn't know how to appropriately express himself. )

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 10:10 AM, okerry said:

I think Heather might have found Derek much more attractive if he hadn't looked like a straight-up clown at the ceremony. Plaid bow-tie and purple flower don't say "I'm serious about this." The heavy beard, even though groomed, only made his ears look even bigger. And so did the goofy sticking-up haircut. 

The only problem with the bus is that if a man's decided it's time to get married and have a family, he'll go to some lengths to get a house or at least a nice apartment that can accommodate same - not a half-finished bus. A comfortable place to live - a nest, if you will - is very, very attractive to a prospective wife and men certainly know this on some level. That bus ain't no nest.

Wow, i didn't get "clown" from Derek's appearance. I thought he was really good-looking. I will pay closer when I rewatch. 

About Tom: I think he's cute and nice, BUT I get a slacker vibe from him. My reasons being 1. Living mainly in beach cities Brownsville, Hawaii, Miami. Does he spend his days surfing when he's not "interior decorating yachts"? 2. His job....is it for real or was he just a day-laborer helping to remodel a yacht and just went with it? 3. Living in a bus!? 

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 10:19 AM, suzeecat said:

My heart was breaking for Sonia, who wanted to feel beautiful on her wedding day but didn't.  Maybe Nick is camera-shy.  Time will tell, but when he told her friends "I love her" I had to rewind.  He can profess love but not admiration?  ("I just met her, how can I tell her she's pretty?")  Yeah, Nick seems more interested in his own feelings than that of his wife's.

He can say it to others about her, but not say it directly to her?.....I think he is afraid of rejection.

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 10:58 AM, ClareWalks said:

I don't know why everyone here seems to bash Lillian's looks. I think she is cute. *shrug* 

ugh! I can't get out of this text box so I'll bold my comment:

for the most part I think she's pretty, but there's something about her teeth/mouth that I don't like.

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 11:14 AM, bichonblitz said:

I hate beards. I love Derrick. Go figure. If he shaved that crap off his face and stopped squinting, he would be very handsome. I'm usually a super critical bitch, but there's something about that guy that I find sexy. Heather's gonna blow it. 

But if he shaved his beard he would be the spitting-image of his mom (who, btw, I think his the spitting image of Carla from Cheers.)

On Thursday, August 04, 2016 at 11:58 AM, henrysmom said:

Speaking only for myself as a shy/introverted person, you don't get comfortable, ever.  That is the problem:  it is always an effort to make small talk, to think of something to say.  Or to know the right thing to say.  It is draining, which is why introverts often just avoid social situations.   

As to why an introvert would do this show, or any reality show, I have no clue.  

My guess is that they can't find a partner because they avoid social situations so they go on a show where a relationship is forced upon them. However, they don't think ahead to realize they're going to have to interact with their new spouse.

• Love 4

This might be off topic but do the experts take height into account when matching them up? Everybody seems height compatible (groom at least slightly taller). Is it my mistake or is Tom kind of short? And Lillian seems short too so they make a cute short couple ? Nick seems kind of scrawny but he is quite a bit taller than Sonia, who I thought was tall but next to the others is shortest. And Heather seems like a tall girl to me. I dont think these experts would have had a "face" to match a tall bride with a short groom. 

• Love 1

Also YES, i heard Nick say "Ill take that" when he saw Sonia walking down the aisle..... ewwww, so demeaning and NOT complementary. A simple SMILE would have spoken volumes instead. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, kat12379 said:

Also YES, i heard Nick say "Ill take that" when he saw Sonia walking down the aisle..... ewwww, so demeaning and NOT complementary. A simple SMILE would have spoken volumes instead. 

I thought Nick was referring to the applause when he said I would take that. I don't think he meant any disrespect. 

• Love 3