Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: The Weddings

• Start Topic

What was the deal with Lillian's sister? I don't see how "lack of time" could affect one sister not being asked to be a bridesmaid while the other was, even if she lives elsewhere. Or at least Lillian should have explained to the unasked sister why it wasn't possible for her to be part of the wedding party. I have one sibling and we don't get along all that well but even I knew she had to be one of my bridesmaids.

I'm intrigued both by a man who is too inhibited to tell a woman he thinks she's pretty, and a woman who fixates on not hearing it.

The argument in the preview between

Spoiler

Derek and Heather seems to happen on their honeymoon since he's wearing his "hubby" shirt. It seemed like a lot of built-up impatience for people who only have known each other a few days.

I'm with those who think Heather is coming off as cold so far. C'mon experts! You cannot pick people for this show who have sticks up their butts!

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, ctbabe said:

I am assuming that you are insinuating that Nick is gay. I read a few comments online from prole doubting his sexuality. Do I think he is gay? NO. I think he is just supershy and an introvert who can't express himself. Does that make him gay? NO. 

From unfiltered, the parents and friends attested to the fact that they (Sonia and Nick) were attracted to each other so I dont think we saw the full story. 

I got this feeling he could be from the first episode..not from this one. I know many people tried to push the shy/introvert about Ashley as her excuse for not being into David when she was just a cold dead fish that didn't like his looks. Maybe Nick is gay, maybe he is bi, or neither but I didn't see someone that came off shy or like an introvert during the first episode. When they were showing how each person felt after being told they were found a husband/wife, he was the only one not excited at all. So either he is like Ashley and dead inside or there is more to him. Guess only time will tell when the show goes on. I can imagine no matter what that family/friends were probably told to make sure to say good things. Especially after the way last season went with Ashley's family/friends. IMO someone who is a super shy, introvert would not being doing any kind of tv show. Especially if they can't express themselves. There is no way they would want a camera in there face filming them and to be all over peoples tvs. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, seasick said:

Nick reminds me of a young family member of about the same age.  She was doted on and 'spoken for' to make up for her "shyness" .   She has become obliviously self-absorbed, never taught to think of how others feel or put herself out there to be warm or caring about others. To this day parents make excuses for her and even apologize for how self-centered she is. She makes no effort to show interest in others (because she has none).  Unfortunately I see Nick's mom doing the same.  I think NIck is ripe for being a 3 glasses-of-wine-a-night drinker who loosens up but then can get a bit nasty.  Just my prediction.  ...

Agree with some of this.  There's quiet, and/or shy, and/or awkward in certain social settings, but he was like that even with his friends.  Haven't seen enough of him to know the true him but it's been two weeks' worth of zero emotion.  Interesting that he was considered a good candidate for the "experiment".

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ctbabe said:

The couples got married in the first week of April, not summer. 

no, the point was that being in Miami they are not always confined indoors--but as Wings noted to me, it's brutal in the summer.  'Outdoor living' is not that appealing

• Love 1

Just to be clear, it was only Sonia's appearance that put me in mind of Jessica Rabbit/"Hello Kitty" lady Robyn Kassner - not her behaviour, LOL! Though it may not matter because I don't think Nick wants to marry anyone anyway.

I think Heather might have found Derek much more attractive if he hadn't looked like a straight-up clown at the ceremony. Plaid bow-tie and purple flower don't say "I'm serious about this." The heavy beard, even though groomed, only made his ears look even bigger. And so did the goofy sticking-up haircut. 

If Derek were clean-shaven and wore a more military-style haircut (he's ex-Navy, right?) and put on a classic tux, I think he would have found a much more receptive bride. JMHO.

The only problem with the bus is that if a man's decided it's time to get married and have a family, he'll go to some lengths to get a house or at least a nice apartment that can accommodate same - not a half-finished bus. A comfortable place to live - a nest, if you will - is very, very attractive to a prospective wife and men certainly know this on some level. That bus ain't no nest.

• Love 3

When Nick said it takes him awhile to open up and tell someone they are pretty *sneeze*BULLSHIT*sneeze* I tell women I DON'T EVEN KNOW COMPLETE STRANGERS they are pretty if I think they are pretty.  Then the mommies pressuring him to tell her she is pretty was cringe worthy. Not more cringe worthy than her taking it as a sign he likes her (he really likes her) but cringe worthy none the less.

• Love 6

My heart was breaking for Sonia, who wanted to feel beautiful on her wedding day but didn't.  Maybe Nick is camera-shy.  Time will tell, but when he told her friends "I love her" I had to rewind.  He can profess love but not admiration?  ("I just met her, how can I tell her she's pretty?")  Yeah, Nick seems more interested in his own feelings than that of his wife's.

Heather definitely has some serious Resting Bitch Face going on.  Hopefully she's not.  Derek gives me Gilbert Gottfried vibes when he smiles and his eyes get all squinty.  I would have a hard time living with that, sorry to be so superficial.  I thought the photographer was being too pushy with the "kiss, kiss" stuff.  I don't remember the photographers from previous seasons being so pushy for the PDA.

Unlike past seasons where I had optimistic high hopes that things were starting off great, only to have those hopes dashed by the daily reality, this season I find myself watching for the eventual trainwreck.  At least nobody was cowering in a corner or bathroom stall hiding from their new spouse saying "I'm not attracted AT ALL". 

Edited by suzeecat
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Boofish said:

When Nick said it takes him awhile to open up and tell someone they are pretty *sneeze*BULLSHIT*sneeze* I tell women I DON'T EVEN KNOW COMPLETE STRANGERS they are pretty if I think they are pretty.  Then the mommies pressuring him to tell her she is pretty was cringe worthy. Not more cringe worthy than her taking it as a sign he likes her (he really likes her) but cringe worthy none the less.

Nicks seems like he might be socially awkward around women.  There are guys like that...they usually get friend-zoned because it takes them so long to say they think a girl is pretty or to ask her out on a date that she has long assumed he's not interested, so considers him just a friend while dating other guys.

Sonia, on the other hand, is heavily invested in her looks and needs that validation from her man, and maybe needs lots of validation in general.  She's not going to get the validation she needs from Nick, at least not until he trusts her, which is not likely in this scenario. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I'm not buying Nick is that shy. When a man likes you shy or not it's obvious. Maybe he will warm up to her but he is Jamie levels of uncomfortable at this wedding. 

10 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Mind you the guy is in real estate too. Sorry but you can not be shy/introvert with that kind of job where you need to put yourself out there like no other. That is a competitive business to be in. Especially in big cities. I just don't buy it at all. Right on the BS of waiting to be able to tell someone they are pretty. Its a lame ass excuse and does't fly. 

8 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

My heart was breaking for Sonia, who wanted to feel beautiful on her wedding day but didn't.  Maybe Nick is camera-shy.  Time will tell, but when he told her friends "I love her" I had to rewind.  He can profess love but not admiration?  ("I just met her, how can I tell her she's pretty?")  Yeah, Nick seems more interested in his own feelings than that of his wife's.

I thought the photographer was being too pushy with the "kiss, kiss" stuff.  I don't remember the photographers from previous seasons being so pushy for the PDA.

I don't get how he couldn't tell her on his own she looked nice or pretty or whatever word  about how she looked in her wedding dress. but he could all of a sudden claim his "love". *eyerolls* Sorry but give me a break. 

Yes the photographers in the past have asked for the couples to kiss for their pictures. Which does create an awkward moment for some obviously but pushing the shoulder kisses was weird. 

4 minutes ago, izabella said:

Sonia, on the other hand, is heavily invested in her looks and needs that validation from her man, and maybe needs lots of validation in general.  She's not going to get the validation she needs from Nick, at least not until he trusts her, which is not likely in this scenario. 

I don't know if she needs it all the time at this point but there is nothing wrong for a bride to want to know her husband thinks she looks beautiful on their wedding day. I think more so in this situation one might want to know that. Otherwise with being married in this way, it could come off as he isn't interested and finds her to not be pretty or his type. Now if she wanted to hear it all the time that is another story. LOL 

• Love 4

I think any woman or man in that scenerio is going to be curious what the other one thought.  Nick might not have had to say Sonia was pretty if he acted happy and enthusiastic after the ceremony and was warm and interested in her.  He didn't even say or do anything that indicated he was happy (or unhappy for that matter).  So i don't think Sonia's question was an indication she was stuck on her looks. She just wanted some positive affirmation from him..  

Nick was totally wasted when talking to Sonia's bridesmaids.  I took 'I love her' to mean he liked her alot so far.  He's the kind of drinker who doesn't get sloppy or slur or silly.  Those are the more insidious types.  Danger ahead.

• Love 7

If Heather is disappointed in Derek's looks, she should look in a mirror. With her awful droopy-boob look and her total lack of a chin, I think he is WAY better looking than she is, all T no shade.

I'm an introvert. Nick ain't no introvert. He's awkward as fuck and clearly not too into his bride.

I don't know why everyone here seems to bash Lillian's looks. I think she is cute. *shrug* 

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Eh, I took his claim of "I love her" the way you say you love In 'N Out's burgers or you love a tv show.  He's not talking about being in love; he's saying that he likes what he sees of her so far.

Funny how last week I thought Nick and Sonia might be the best match but now I'm not sure.  I do think Nick is introverted and more reserved and Sonia does seem to need acceptance and validation which may prove disastrous.  I hope I'm wrong because she didn't seem so needy last week.  I do think it's too bad that Nick didn't tell her at least "You look nice," if nothing else. 

44 minutes ago, okerry said:

think Heather might have found Derek much more attractive if he hadn't looked like a straight-up clown at the ceremony. Plaid bow-tie and purple flower don't say "I'm serious about this." The heavy beard, even though groomed, only made his ears look even bigger. And so did the goofy sticking-up haircut. 

I actually liked the plaid bow tie.  To me, I felt like it expressed his personality and it said that he took the time to select something that was his style and didn't just go with "whatever."  The purple flower was to match the purple bridesmaids' dresses and flower selection so that wasn't his choice. 

That said, I think Heather would still have been somewhat aloof.  She seemed to like him when she first saw him (she even said she wasn't planning on kissing him at the altar but did) and when they were toasting. Things appeared to get tense when it came time for the photographs.  So either editing monkeys or the photographer pushing for PDA, which she clearly wasn't comfortable with. 

I don't understand why the photographer wouldn't just let the couples do what they felt comfortable doing for the pictures. Clearly Lillian and Tom felt comfortable with each other and based on their pics and body language, you'd never know they just met.  But the others didn't so let them pose in a way that was okay with them.

So far I'm betting that Heather and Derek are going to be a spectacular fail. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, seasick said:

He's the kind of drinker who doesn't get sloppy or slur or silly.  Those are the more insidious types.  Danger ahead.

I'm confused by this statement.  So if someone drinks and doesn't get sloppy and silly, that's dangerous?

• Love 4

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I actually think all three couples have a shot at making it this season.  Why?  

First, Lily and Tom.  I really liked how she was okay with the rain at the wedding.  I liked how he invited her in under his umbrella and how happy he seemed when he first saw her. I also liked how she immediately after the wedding told Tom that she loved the pearls, but there was the superstition attached to them.  As to the bus, well, yeah the bus is bad but Lily actually seems like she's young enough to roll with it.  The calm way she dealt with the rain made me think she'll at least be willing to give the bus a shot.  I hope so because these two really had some chemistry going.  

Sonia and Nick.  I know people aren't buying the shy/introverted excuse for Nick but being introverted myself I can see it.  The more pressure I'm under, the more I shut down.  So I can understand him closing himself off for the public spectacle of the wedding and reception.   I'm hoping he'll loosen up during the honeymoon.  From the way the "Is she pretty?" thing kept being harped on, I was kind of thinking that was more producer interference than anything else.  At least I hope so, because I do like these two together.

Heather and Derek.  Am I the only one who likes them?  Honestly I didn't like her at all until she told him straight out that it wasn't <his> kissing her she minded, but that she would be uncomfortable with anybody kissing her in public like that.  Open communication--so odd in a reality show but kind of necessary for this show (and it is usually missing).

After last year's wedding show I was already feeling doom about two couples, but this year I actually have hopes for all three.  

• Love 10

I hate beards. I love Derrick. Go figure. If he shaved that crap off his face and stopped squinting, he would be very handsome. I'm usually a super critical bitch, but there's something about that guy that I find sexy. Heather's gonna blow it. 

Wait till Lily sees the bus and has to put up with Tom's surfer dude mentality. It's downhill after that. I don't believe he designs luxury yacht interiors. Nope, not for a minute. 

Nick- vacation rental guy from Largo. No personality. What a dead fish. He's too young, I don't believe for a minute he wanted to get married. I liked his friends a whole lot more than I liked him.  

Regarding Lily's thin hair. it looks as though her mother and sister's have thick hair. She is thinning drastically at the part. I wonder if it's due to medication she is taking or illness or something like that, it just doesn't look like naturally thin hair, it looks like it's falling out. If so, and she is going through something, I hope they talk about that. If she was just born with thin hair, she can't help that and people need to shut up about it. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, henrysmom said:

Sonia and Nick.  I know people aren't buying the shy/introverted excuse for Nick but being introverted myself I can see it.  The more pressure I'm under, the more I shut down.  So I can understand him closing himself off for the public spectacle of the wedding and reception.   I'm hoping he'll loosen up during the honeymoon.  From the way the "Is she pretty?" thing kept being harped on, I was kind of thinking that was more producer interference than anything else.  At least I hope so, because I do like these two together.

I kind of agree with this.  Why do people think that there always has to be some ulterior motive for behavior.  Some folks are just more introverted and shy than others.  

As for Nick being in real estate, there are many actors, who are huge introverts.  They're fine with being on stage, or doing something that relates to their jobs, but in the personal arena, they shut down.  I have met actors who are like that, some quite successful, and I often wonder how they can get in front of a camera and act so confident when they have a hard time talking with a small group of people, or one on one. 

But, this was only the second episode, so we'll have to see what happens.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, izabella said:

Nicks seems like he might be socially awkward around women.  There are guys like that...they usually get friend-zoned because it takes them so long to say they think a girl is pretty or to ask her out on a date that she has long assumed he's not interested, so considers him just a friend while dating other guys.

I get your point but I think guys get friend zoned for the opposite reason. They are shy but if it's a girl they like they compliment her TOO MUCH sometimes and it makes some women uncomfortable especially if the feelings are not returned.  And most of the shy guys I know will get someone else to Cyrano De Bergerac for them; anything to get their point across. And I'm sorry but if someone's mother ask you if her daughter is pretty who in their right mind would say NO? I know for a fact my boyfriends loves me and obviously thinks I'm attractive but after 2 years I still never say "do I look pretty?" I want my compliments free and clear from pressure LOL

• Love 2

Aww, I would like a Tom for myself. He seems really sweet and beyond thrilled with Lillian. There weren't any scenes of them fighting in the previews so I'm getting a good feeling about them.

Nick seems shy and introverted and I think that's really going to bother Sonia. But, there's hope for them.

Not feeling quite as much hope for Heather and Derek.

• Love 1

I'm not actually that naïve: I assume they're actually just show staffers ordained by the Universal Life Church or something.

I had to laugh at this section of Tara's recap of the episode.  Every time one of the officiants or the brides and grooms talked about love, I had to sigh.  Even if it is "love at first sight" there isn't real love involved in these marriages.  I do kind of hope the officiants aren't actual clergy.  That just seems so wrong to me.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I'm confused by this statement.  So if someone drinks and doesn't get sloppy and silly, that's dangerous?

I admit this is a blanket statement regarding a person I know nearly nothing about. So I take my speculations (and you may also)  with a grain of salt.   But I've been around a lot of drinking in my life, and I had a boyfriend years ago who  was the type that it was very hard to tell if he was drunk by the usual signposts.  (he was a little up-tight too-- buttoned -up white collar)  he was often wasted and you couldn't tell unless you knew him.  It took awhile for me to realize just how often he was half in the bag.  In short he drank a lot more than anyone guessed.  Just my strong impression of a "type" I've seen. (toss in the salt :) )

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

There weren't any scenes of them fighting in the previews so I'm getting a good feeling about them.

Actually, there was a scene in the previews of her curled up on the bus crying about something he said/did or didn't say/didn't do. What would this show be without the fights and crying jags? 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 1
Just now, bichonblitz said:

Actually, there was a scene of her curled up on the bus crying about something he said/did or didn't say/didn't do. What would this be without the fights and crying jags? 

I saw that and I wondered why they didn't show him saying it. Maybe it was off camera. It could also be Lily blowing something out of proportion. But, I am sure they have fights like everyone else. If they really get along and make it, they will be pushing them hard with just some minor drama.

• Love 1

Heather (who was showing too much cleavage at a wedding for my taste) rolled her eyes when her husband kissed her shoulders - she's not feeling it.

The wedding dress could have been pretty but it wasn't.  It was too big and too low cut. Don't they have an alterations department?

I'll bet  there was a producer saying "now kiss her shoulder".  We learned from last season how this show is thrown together.

These new experts are driving me crazy. They sound just like the old experts.  Wanna bet there is a fishbowl this season?

• Love 3

I don't care for the new experts or the old one.  They really don't seem to add much to the show.  Considering the low level of advice they give I think it might actually be better if the participants just kind of winged it.  Better than the pointless fishbowl exercise, or being given vague directions like sharing a bathroom to prove how close you are (or whatever nonsense Tres and Vanessa were handed last season).

• Love 4

So far I like all the couples.  I do not understand why Nick is expected to say Sonia is pretty/beautiful, etc... he just met her.  Why does he have to say anything?  And I am not saying he does not think she isn't beautiful, etc.  Nick is quiet but I have hopes.

I hate for people to snark on Lilly's thin hair.  About 15 years ago my hair started falling out. It was a vitamin B problem and it takes a long time to recover. It is fine now but for women, quite humbling. You would never know now I once had thin hair.  She is adorable.  I really like her- so far she is my favorite.  The bus does not bother me at all.

Am still not sure about Heather. I like Derek, love his smile. His whole face lights up.

Maybe all three make it.  Maybe none do. LOL. 

• Love 6

I'm willing to give Nick the benefit of the doubt right now. I'm married to an engineer and let me tell you when we first started dating, he was sooooo socially awkward but I thought it was endearing and cute. Fast forward 5 plus years and we are married and he is able to talk freely even about his emotions. Some people just take time, though on this show time is not on your side 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Vinyasa said:

The wedding dress could have been pretty but it wasn't.  It was too big and too low cut. Don't they have an alterations department?

I'll bet  there was a producer saying "now kiss her shoulder".  We learned from last season how this show is thrown together.

These new experts are driving me crazy. They sound just like the old experts.  Wanna bet there is a fishbowl this season?

I'm guessing there was no time for alterations, but she definitely should have chosen one that fit her better. I'm a D cup and I would never wear a dress that had that much cleavage showing on my wedding day.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Some people just take time, though on this show time is not on your side 

I think this is a very good point.  Sometimes, I think unrealistic expectations are put on people.  "If someone acts like this, they're a ____, if someone doesn't say that then they're a _____."  The thing is, everybody isn't wired the same, they can't be painted with the same brush.  some people are more easygoing, others are more uptight.  Some people wear their hearts on their sleeves, others don't.  I am not sure if Nick is shut down or just one of those people who doesn't outwardly show emotion right away. 

I can imagine that getting married at first sight it tough, but doing it on camera has to be extra tough. 

• Love 7

Heather's dress was a no for me.   Those under boob pastie things are a fail and she's clearly not an A cup.   She's got a great back, so I understand halter but I'd be embarrassed to meet my new mother in law in something like that.

13 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

As the other 2 said. It was not good when they showed it in the one episode. If I heard right he had been working on it for 2 yrs and it looked like it did. That is what got me. 2 yrs for not much. I know a pic was posted of what his kitchen area looks like now but it was so dark and cold looking to me. Its horrible. I have seen ones that actually look nice, light and airy but that is not his. 

I don't have it on here yet so just reading all the comments but I have to say that if what I am reading from everyone on him is how it is in the episode then I really wonder if its not that he is shy but something else. I haven't seen if anyone else has caught it or not but I got this major vibe from him when he was going to pick the ring out. Will see how it is with him though when I finally get to watch the episode in the morning. 

9 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Nick seems clinically depressed, but what do I know.

Heather seems....like a Queen Ice Bitch.

Lillopecia is cute and bubbly.

Sonia is too high strung for any of this shit.

That's all I have for now. Are any of us cynical people making bets? ?

Something else.   I realize he's not required to say anything but he seemed pretty ok giving production a voiceover of his initial impressions.  More than that, when the curtain parted and she walked down the aisle, he actually looked like a guy trying to contain his (I was gonna say glee but that's a bit much for Nick) satisfaction?  I think the mic picked him up saying something like "I'll take that" - I could be confusing him with Tom but I'm pretty sure whatever he said, his impressions of her were good ones.  Intimidated by a gorgeous woman?  okay, I'll grant him that, I get that all the time myself lol (I kid, I kid).  He didn't have to use the word pretty, say SOMETHING, anything.  Damn he barely had a pulse, how did he make it past the interest and interview stages?   Say all that to say that absolutely looked clinical to me too.   In the season preview, she says it's like he's angry at her but she can't figure out why.  If turning inward rage outward isn't a sign of depression....

On an unrelated note, when he turned his head a certain way, he was giving me young Bradley Cooper.

3 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Editing makes us think she took a long time to say I do but really it was probably right when she should have. Which is part of why I hate how they edit this show. I think Nick will just go through whatever motions but he isn't into her and wouldn't have been no matter who the girl was I think. 

Derek to me comes off like he is drunk or that he is high. I wouldn't want to be with that either. I wouldn't even compare him to Neil but that is just me. LOL

Yes rain is suppose to be good luck on your wedding day. We shall see how that goes I guess with them. LOL

Derek looks either high or drunk or both all the time to me with his squinty eyed look. He was that way last week too. If he came off this way to Heather I can see her turned off. I think the shoulder kissing was producers telling the photographer to get them to do something that could come off awkward for these couples. 

We have had other guys go up to the bride's families and introduce themselves. I think for the guys that do it it may help nerves a little and make them look polite in this situation at the very least. Which isn't always a bad thing of course.

Nick I think is just not into this whole thing at all. 

With Nick maybe he holds things inside when it comes to his mom because he can't tell her certain things. I don't see him as a bad guy but I think in many ways he did this for his mom. So he just was married to some girl to make his mom happy that he was hitched already. There is something else going on with this guy and the so called "experts" should have seen it from the beginning honestly. 

And agree on the whole Tom and Lily thing...she hasn't seen this bus yet...and look how fast some fizzled when they were hot and heavy early on. That and how would she feel if he wants to be out on his board every day for as long as he can? Remember that surfing in his world. 

1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Eh, I took his claim of "I love her" the way you say you love In 'N Out's burgers or you love a tv show.  He's not talking about being in love; he's saying that he likes what he sees of her so far.

Funny how last week I thought Nick and Sonia might be the best match but now I'm not sure.  I do think Nick is introverted and more reserved and Sonia does seem to need acceptance and validation which may prove disastrous.  I hope I'm wrong because she didn't seem so needy last week.  I do think it's too bad that Nick didn't tell her at least "You look nice," if nothing else. 

I actually liked the plaid bow tie.  To me, I felt like it expressed his personality and it said that he took the time to select something that was his style and didn't just go with "whatever."  The purple flower was to match the purple bridesmaids' dresses and flower selection so that wasn't his choice. 

That said, I think Heather would still have been somewhat aloof.  She seemed to like him when she first saw him (she even said she wasn't planning on kissing him at the altar but did) and when they were toasting. Things appeared to get tense when it came time for the photographs.  So either editing monkeys or the photographer pushing for PDA, which she clearly wasn't comfortable with. 

I don't understand why the photographer wouldn't just let the couples do what they felt comfortable doing for the pictures. Clearly Lillian and Tom felt comfortable with each other and based on their pics and body language, you'd never know they just met.  But the others didn't so let them pose in a way that was okay with them.

So far I'm betting that Heather and Derek are going to be a spectacular fail. 

That's how it struck me as well.  Because right after that he says something clean-up ish.  Her friends are looking at him like say what now?  Then he goes, you know like, I like her a lot. 

It wouldn't bother me to look at Derek at all.   I'd be dead at one dimple, never mind a matching set.   I hope he finds happiness just not with Heather.

Tom and Lily were adorable.  It looked like she was a little self conscious about her hair at the altar once the rain came and that made me wanna jump through the screen and tacklehug her.   She seems like a real sweetheart. I couldn't hear this part so I don't know how she knew what he did with the cigars (what did he do ya'll?) but when he said my father left when I was a child then she said oh mine left as an adult, I couldn't help myself I thought they were adorbs.   I also liked that he came over when it looked like her sister was gonna get all the way up to 10 about being a damn bridesmaid.  Lady you're 40 years old, grow the hell up.  

The bus.  I do believe he's taken the wheels off.  Isn't the novelty of living in a mobile home the mobility part?  No mortgage? I like it, but I'm not here for a grown ass man who wants to be Keith Partridge, buy me a place where we can get mail.

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, henrysmom said:

I don't care for the new experts or the old one.  They really don't seem to add much to the show.  Considering the low level of advice they give I think it might actually be better if the participants just kind of winged it.  Better than the pointless fishbowl exercise, or being given vague directions like sharing a bathroom to prove how close you are (or whatever nonsense Tres and Vanessa were handed last season).

They should require them all to read "The Five Love Languages" and "His Needs, Her Needs" and do the exercises in HNHN so they can talk about what really matters to them in a relationship, how they rank their needs in a relationship and how that compare to the other person's needs, and how they communicate their love feelings or what they look for from another person to feel loved.  For example, that would be a good time for Sonia to say she needs to feel that he thinks she's pretty and needs him to say it, and for him to tell her he needs time to be able to say things like directly so don't take it personally but she can know that when he twirls her around the dance floor it's because he thinks she's pretty and fun and he likes her (something like that).

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The bus.  I do believe he's taken the wheels off.  Isn't the novelty of living in a mobile home the mobility part?  No mortgage? I like it, but I'm not here for a grown ass man who wants to be Keith Partridge, buy me a place where we can get mail.

I'm pretty sure he covered the tires which is typically done on motorhomes when they sit.  The sun destroys them.

Edited by Drogo
Quote formatting.
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, izabella said:

They should require them all to read "The Five Love Languages"

Totally. I always thought that was a bunch of BS, but after reading it and taking the test, it's actually really enlightening and helps you realize that people show love differently. I would think it would be even MORE pertinent to two strangers.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Totally. I always thought that was a bunch of BS, but after reading it and taking the test, it's actually really enlightening and helps you realize that people show love differently. I would think it would be even MORE pertinent to two strangers.

They won't ever suggest doing anything like that - it's too practical and realistic!  Producers want OTT drama instead.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'm guessing there was no time for alterations, but she definitely should have chosen one that fit her better. I'm a D cup and I would never wear a dress that had that much cleavage showing on my wedding day.

I'm sure that if MAFS throws some money at those bridal shops, they can make those alterations happen within a few days.  And if they can't, someone should have steered Heather away from that dress.  I looked at the pic again and I think the main problem is that the cleavage dip is too low, causing the decorative band to sit around her waistline versus under her breasts, where I think it should be sitting, which would help give the skirt a longer, sleeker appearance.  Surely she could have found a dress that had cap sleeves and an open back, showing a bit of skin without announcing that she and her boobs were here.  I didn't particularly like Sonia's dress either (and I wish she had something - - if not a veil, flowers or a pretty hair piece/jewelry in her hair) but the more I write about Heather's dress the more I absolutely hate it.

40 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

It wouldn't bother me to look at Derek at all.   I'd be dead at one dimple, never mind a matching set.   I hope he finds happiness just not with Heather.

Me either.  Except for the squinting and possible pot usage I find him attractive.  I actually find all three of the men nice looking.

40 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

.   I realize he's not required to say anything but he seemed pretty ok giving production a voiceover of his initial impressions.  More than that, when the curtain parted and she walked down the aisle, he actually looked like a guy trying to contain his (I was gonna say glee but that's a bit much for Nick) satisfaction?  I think the mic picked him up saying something like "I'll take that" - I could be confusing him with Tom but I'm pretty sure whatever he said, his impressions of her were good ones.

Somewhere in this board a poster commented that Nick was pretty funny on Twitter (I think?)  I used to be very introverted and borderline painfully shy when I was younger but had a pretty good wit and sense of humor in small groups or with people I trusted/knew/felt comfortable with.  He's probably very much the same.  

If he had jumped up and down and became very verbal/demonstrative/obvious over his excitement/approval of Sonia, people would think it was bizarre and weird. 

And you're right - - I too think it was Nick that said "I'll take that," upon seeing Sonia.  

Funny that in Jamie's after show thing Nick's mother said that Sonia initially thought that Nick was the person marrying  her and the officiant was her intended --and she freaked.  Ha!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, henrysmom said:

First, Lily and Tom.  I really liked how she was okay with the rain at the wedding.  I liked how he invited her in under his umbrella and how happy he seemed when he first saw her. I also liked how she immediately after the wedding told Tom that she loved the pearls, but there was the superstition attached to them.  As to the bus, well, yeah the bus is bad but Lily actually seems like she's young enough to roll with it.  The calm way she dealt with the rain made me think she'll at least be willing to give the bus a shot.  I hope so because these two really had some chemistry going.  

Heather and Derek.  Am I the only one who likes them?  Honestly I didn't like her at all until she told him straight out that it wasn't <his> kissing her she minded, but that she would be uncomfortable with anybody kissing her in public like that.  Open communication--so odd in a reality show but kind of necessary for this show (and it is usually missing).

I am not sure she will be into the bus thing. Rain is suppose to be good luck on a wedding day. So I can see her just going with that but also at the same time what was she going to do run off and hope to not slip? LOL I know when she first came out into the rain she kind of sounded like she was making a bit of a fuss over it but not to much. I think once she got over the shock of the rain coming down and seeing him it was ok. At this point they seemed to be ok but let's hope things don't fizzle like others that have connected so quickly. It will be interesting to see what some of the scenes were about shown with her crying as well. As well as how she may handle how much he loves surfing. If he is smart and she doesn't surf, he will get her out to try it as something they can do together so it wouldn't be him running off to surf. There are just parts of them I can see clashing very badly and yet other parts that seem like they could work. 

As  I watched Heather and Derek, it seemed they were clicking. She explained about the kissing and he totally understood and was made aware it wasn't him. She said she thought he was good looking. There dance seemed good. They were close together and everything. Yet from the previews though it looks like something goes down with that fight. She does come off to me though as someone that maybe gets in the way of herself finding happiness in a relationship for one reason or another. Guess we shall see. 

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Wait till Lily sees the bus and has to put up with Tom's surfer dude mentality. It's downhill after that. I don't believe he designs luxury yacht interiors. Nope, not for a minute. 

Nick- vacation rental guy from Largo. No personality. What a dead fish. He's too young, I don't believe for a minute he wanted to get married. I liked his friends a whole lot more than I liked him.  

Regarding Lily's thin hair. it looks as though her mother and sister's have thick hair. She is thinning drastically at the part. I wonder if it's due to medication she is taking or illness or something like that, it just doesn't look like naturally thin hair, it looks like it's falling out. If so, and she is going through something, I hope they talk about that. If she was just born with thin hair, she can't help that and people need to shut up about it. 

Agree about Lily and and Tom. Those are the things I think they will clash on. If you notice when they put under his name his job there is no "luxury" with it. So yeah he just works on yachts is what I get from it all as his job. 

I feel for Lily. She is a pretty girl for sure.  I think someone posted that it was something medical but there wasn't anything else said on what exactly. Which is fine. 

Oh I would bet it was producer driven as well. She totally explained it to him later on why she felt the way she did and he understood. And agree on the experts. They sound like they are given the scripts from the last few seasons and told to just repeat those lines. Rachel totally reminds me of Logan so I can see that stupid fishbowl coming at some point. UGH

30 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Something else.   I realize he's not required to say anything but he seemed pretty ok giving production a voiceover of his initial impressions.  More than that, when the curtain parted and she walked down the aisle, he actually looked like a guy trying to contain his (I was gonna say glee but that's a bit much for Nick) satisfaction?  I think the mic picked him up saying something like "I'll take that" - I could be confusing him with Tom but I'm pretty sure whatever he said, his impressions of her were good ones.  Intimidated by a gorgeous woman?  okay, I'll grant him that, I get that all the time myself lol (I kid, I kid).  He didn't have to use the word pretty, say SOMETHING, anything.  Damn he barely had a pulse, how did he make it past the interest and interview stages?   Say all that to say that absolutely looked clinical to me too.   In the season preview, she says it's like he's angry at her but she can't figure out why.  If turning inward rage outward isn't a sign of depression....

That's how it struck me as well.  Because right after that he says something clean-up ish.  Her friends are looking at him like say what now?  Then he goes, you know like, I like her a lot. 

Nick did say that but I can imagine it would be more for his buddies and to try come off a certain way IMO. He is obviously not into her. He looked disgusted when he was told to kiss her during the pictures and any other time he seemed to have had to. At this point I am feeling bad for Sonia. Then to put him with her and she is afraid of dogs was stupid. I think when he said he loved her he was drunk and realized what he said and how it might sound so he tried to backtrack and be like no wait I mean this...

I think with Tom if he is willing to actually settle into a home of some sort that isn't the bus but still have the bus and fix it up nice that it would be great for road trips for sure. But the fact is most women are not going to want to live in that. Especially ones that want a family one day. So we shall see how this one goes with Lily when she finally finds out and sees it.  

BTW, sure he would have no mortgage but he probably is paying it off over time if he wasn't able to buy it out right with cash. As well as he still has to pay for parking it in places and whatever else he would need to pay for on top of it. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, izabella said:

They won't ever suggest doing anything like that - it's too practical and realistic!  Producers want OTT drama instead.

I'm hoping that after two season of epic fails (due to either abject stupidity or  drama agendas, they aimed for a success this time

Everyone is attractive and appear to be fairly normal and kind.  I actually think the guys did want to give marriage a real shot.   The drama is okay for the forum fodder but how many loser seasons can we suffer before the show is a total loser.  

Maybe I'm getting soft but it did appear that the "experts" did not butt in as often to explain to us what the show is about for the umpteenth time, how they may be feeling or what all the marriage traditions mean to those of us imbeciles who never heard of a wedding.  Yeah they did--but not quite as much. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, izabella said:

I understand and know men who are socially awkward, but they don't go on tv and absolutely wouldn't marry someone they didn't know on tv. What's also interesting is that I didn't notice Nick being super awkward during the interviews. I wonder if they edited it out because something about what is being presented so far does not compute.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, red12 said:

I understand and know men who are socially awkward, but they don't go on tv and absolutely wouldn't marry someone they didn't know on tv.

Ashley went on the show and she was very awkward (though that could be because she just didn't like David AT ALL), so I imagine there would be awkward guys who might do it, too.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, izabella said:

Ashley went on the show and she was very awkward (though that could be because she just didn't like David AT ALL), so I imagine there would be awkward guys who might do it, too.

Yeah, I think Ashley's awkward was David specific. If they had matched her with someone who looked like her ex-boyfriend, she would have jumped him before the reception was over.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Lola16 said:

Derek showed some promise and then, douchy frat boy rooster head started to emerge. Heather soured quickly. Her dress wasn't fitted - wonder if that's why she walked like she was bowlegged.

I hate those wedding dresses where the bride has to consntantly pick up her skirt just to walk. Sam had that style sress at her wedding. Looks so uncomfortable.

• Love 1

The three couples actually kissed/mouth pecked during the wedding. That was a big surprise. Last season, only 1 couple kissed all through the season. Not counting when Sam forcekissed Neil.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, red12 said:

Yeah, I think Ashley's awkward was David specific. If they had matched her with someone who looked like her ex-boyfriend, she would have jumped him before the reception was over.

Ashley was a social cow. She wasn't awkward, just rude by nature.

• Love 10

All the girls,  Derek and Tom have tattoos.  I didn't notice any on Nick, but I'm still checking.

Is it just me or do tattoos not look nice with a wedding dress? Several of the bridesmaids had them also.

What does everyone think?

• Love 11

All the girls,  Derek and Tom have tattoos.  I didn't notice any on Nick, but I'm still checking.

Is it just me or do tattoos not look nice with a wedding dress? Several of the bridesmaids had them also.

What does everyone think?

I've never seen a tattoo make a woman more attractive, at best it's a wash.

Regarding Sonia - affirming her looks the way she wants is the quickest path to being friendzoned.  Withholding your approval will lead to sex.  It's basic gamesmanship.  Would it be a nice thing for him to do?  Sure.  But being nice has had disastrous consequences on this show.  I'm not sure whether or not he's thinking that far ahead but it's how I'd play the situation.  And I wouldn't be one of these dudes begging for a high-five 6 weeks into a marriage.

Beyond that, Sonia seems like a nice enough person but she'd get on my nerves quickly.  No way I could stay married to her unless she calmed down a lot.

Lillian seemed like she's giving this a legitimate shot.  If Tom doesn't have a problem with the hair thing, neither do I.  We'll see how the next week goes.

Heather is beat.  Life or her job have jaded her.  She's the kind of woman who's lost several steps since her 20s but still thinks she's entitled to DiCaprio...the version from a decade ago.  She said, "I'm not really used to that nice of a guy."  Meaning, she's attracted to abusive dudes.  That never ends well.  And her face is either Toxed or she's the least expressive chick I've ever seen...further adding to the "dead inside" effect.  Also, her boobs are radically different sizes based on the outfit she's wearing - some kind of sorcery going on there.

It's all or nothinnggg-aahhhh!

• Love 4