Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Fat Jokes

• Start Topic

(edited)

Man, now I'm going to have to watch this episode again on demand.

Maybe I'll be brave and turn the volume on low. (Usually only watch it with closed captioning on. Don't like confrontation. Her voice/laugh/"braying" {as perfectly named upthread} irritates/upsets me.) lol.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 5

The only way Whit will make it on DWTS is that she'll be the one that leaves the first week.  No way will she be able to keep up with the practices longer than that.  I can't even see her making it thru the first week.  Or else she'll feign injury. 

• Love 8

I know this is probably off topic. I read an article that Ashley Graham the plus size model is being "shamed"( god I hate that word) because she is losing weight. Her fans feel betrayed.  She basically told them to go "F" themselves. Good for her

Whitney would never do that. She could be going through a major medical crisis and she would still stay the same. And if  she did lose weigh, her fans wouldn't care. They would "shame" her too.

i would like to see one of her friends just call her out. Tell her they are not going to be an enabler anymore. That's what they should have done instead of having that funeral. Went through one ear and out the other. She probably went home ordered Chinese and smoked a butt after.

Sorry for the rant. The moscato is kicking in after the apple martini I had for lunch.

• Love 13

I think it's pretty telling how those closest to Whitney seem afraid to confront her about things. In this episode, it was how everyone at her table looked away and stayed silent after she said that it was okay for her to over-indulge at her parents' birthday party. But that could have been editing. But, I also noticed it when Buddy's girlfriend (Heather?) who Whitney has said is her best friend told Whitney that not eating the salmon was being dishonest to Will, then backed off and said in her talking head that she didn't want to overstep her bounds. If someone's your best friend, you usually feel comfortable pushing back a little when you know you're right; you shouldn't feel like you're tip toeing through a mine field. Also, Buddy was immediately against the fake funeral because he thought Whitney wouldn't react to it well. It just seems like the people who should be the most comfortable calling her on her bullshit are actually the most wary of having hard conversations with her. They probably learned from experience.

I don't think Whitney's a bad person, and her character flaws are no greater than the average person's. But, she lacks perspective and the ability to honestly reflect on herself. Babs mentioned how Glen has never said no to Whitney, and Whitney has said that her dad told her that she always manages to be the best at everything she attempts, so I think she has just grown up with an inflated sense of herself. Nothing's wrong with that, since I would prefer that everyone feels like they're awesome rather than feeling bad about themselves, but, Whitney also wants everyone else to think she's awesome too. When people disagree, that's when she starts to cry or get angry.

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

The only way Whit will make it on DWTS is that she'll be the one that leaves the first week.  No way will she be able to keep up with the practices longer than that.  I can't even see her making it thru the first week.  Or else she'll feign injury. 

Exactly. These people are expected to practice the dances with their partners at least 6 hrs. a day. If you have ever watched the show or listened to the dance partners, they take no shit. NONE. They are professionals, they don't appreciate having their time wasted, and don't take kindly to bullshit excuses, attitude, tears, fake injuries, etc. Whitney will not make it through the first practice, she doesn't have the stamina and her body is in such bad shape, she will most likely give up quickly.  

Also....I just want to say how appalled I am at finding out Whit smokes a pack a day. She is a walking fatal heart attack waiting to happen. If she keeps this up, I wouldn't expect her to see her 40th birthday. Smoking a pack a day coupled with 250 extra pounds of fat, I can't imagine the extra work her heart has to do to keep pumping to keep her alive. Her poor heart. It's gonna give out. It's inevitable. She needs to wake the fuck up soon. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 12

I found the comedian annoying.  She only has one year and 3 months sobriety.  Good for her, but she's a bit new to recovery to go around lecturing other people about addictions.  And she's a smoker, and nicotine is highly addictive.  My understanding is that it's pretty common for recovering alcoholics to become heavy smokers, and by all means, do what you gotta do to stay sober.  But I'm not going to listen to a lecture about addiction from a smoker.  What she said wasn't exactly wrong, but she's not the person to be delivering that message.

It's like Whitney's no BS message.  It's not a wrong message, but Whitney isn't a good spokesperson for it.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

The only way Whit will make it on DWTS is that she'll be the one that leaves the first week.   

There's actually two ways Vitney would agree to be on DWTS:

If she perceives herself as the expert or two, if she appears as one of the judges.  Hell, she'll want to appear as the only judge.

She's a dance master don't you know.

Whitney has her No BS campaign  and I have my No OS = No Opinion Shaming.

We all have our opinions and for her to jump down someone's throat because she doesn't agree with them works both ways "Babe."  

• Love 8

I have to ask .. Does Whitney actually think she's fit? I know that absolute idiot of a doctor told her last season that it is possible.  That just fed into her delusions. She probably ate a pizza after the appointment.

I know there are some people who are overweight and do marathons etc.  I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about her at 376 + lbs ( heavy on the +).  One class a week huffing and puffing does not make s fit person.

Also is she still monitoring herself for diabetes? Doesn't look like it when she's shoving sugary cereal and cake in her face. She probably thought once she was out of danger last year, she didn't have to pay attention to it . 

I don't wish I'll on anyone but she needs to hit rock bottom to wake up. Question is what is her rock bottom?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

I think it's pretty telling how those closest to Whitney seem afraid to confront her about things. In this episode, it was how everyone at her table looked away and stayed silent after she said that it was okay for her to over-indulge at her parents' birthday party. But that could have been editing. But, I also noticed it when Buddy's girlfriend (Heather?) who Whitney has said is her best friend told Whitney that not eating the salmon was being dishonest to Will, then backed off and said in her talking head that she didn't want to overstep her bounds. If someone's your best friend, you usually feel comfortable pushing back a little when you know you're right; you shouldn't feel like you're tip toeing through a mine field. Also, Buddy was immediately against the fake funeral because he thought Whitney wouldn't react to it well. It just seems like the people who should be the most comfortable calling her on her bullshit are actually the most wary of having hard conversations with her. They probably learned from experience.

I don't think Whitney's a bad person, and her character flaws are no greater than the average person's. But, she lacks perspective and the ability to honestly reflect on herself. Babs mentioned how Glen has never said no to Whitney, and Whitney has said that her dad told her that she always manages to be the best at everything she attempts, so I think she has just grown up with an inflated sense of herself. Nothing's wrong with that, since I would prefer that everyone feels like they're awesome rather than feeling bad about themselves, but, Whitney also wants everyone else to think she's awesome too. When people disagree, that's when she starts to cry or get angry.

It's like no one wants to make her feel bad/sad so instead they're just slowly watching her kill herself (and I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a similar situation a few posts ago). I think they'll have to all band together to get her to change because if she has even one enabler (probably Buddy) then she's just going to turn towards them. Then again I can sort of see what Buddy was saying- Whitney is a grown ass woman and it's not his job to police her. She can eat whatever she wants. But I also think that might be the difference between a friend and a real friend.

• Love 9

I usually just lurk, but can't help wondering if TLC "planned" for Whit to spiral out of control and then they can spend a couple of seasons with her losing weight and getting her life under control. 

She's just way off this season.  In the beginning she talked about her thinning hair and always wanting to wear extensions.  This season she can't even seem to find a brush.  Just seems too odd...

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, bengaltoo said:

I usually just lurk, but can't help wondering if TLC "planned" for Whit to spiral out of control and then they can spend a couple of seasons with her losing weight and getting her life under control. 

She's just way off this season.  In the beginning she talked about her thinning hair and always wanting to wear extensions.  This season she can't even seem to find a brush.  Just seems too odd...

Well that ploy didn't work for Ruby so I hope TLC has better luck with this chick.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

I think they've all realized that even the meekest, kindest, least confrontational, mildest hint about making a marginally healthy choice (either food- or lifestyle-wise) gets met by Whitney breaking out the tears and throwing a "don't you know I was bullied?  and have PCOS?  and gained weight in college?  and lost 100 pounds?  Why do always have to get so personal with me?"tantrum.  

After awhile, it's just easier to keep your mouth shut.

• Love 16
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

I think they've all realized that even the meekest, kindest, least confrontational, mildest hint about making a marginally healthy choice (either food- or lifestyle-wise) gets met by Whitney breaking out the tears and throwing a "don't you know I was bullied?  and have PCOS?  and gained weight in college?  and lost 100 pounds?  Why do always have to get so personal with me?"tantrum.  

After awhile, it's just easier to keep your mouth shut.

...and stop shaving her legs for her, and buying her pizza, and delivering toilet paper, and going for cupcake tastings with her, etc

It would be easy to stop these things but they don't. They can still keep their mouths shut if they don't want to confront Princess Twit. There doesn't have to be a formal intervention. Just simply stop taking part in her self-destruction.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

OK, YMMV, but Whitney, though she may be messed up is not stupid and I don't think the show could pull off all of this stuff they've been doing with her this season that consistently without her waking up to it.  She's not THAT stupid, IMHO.  I would have seen through that like Saran Wrap.  Kerryn "just happening" to show up at the radio station when she's there and saying provocative stuff about fat people. Her and Buddy going to see Kerryn's show.....For what reason?  Then "just happening" to run into her outside so they can have a confrontation.  I just don't believe these things all just happen to happen and Whitney is at the receiving end of it without knowing that it's all been planned in advance.  It's all just part of the script.  She has to know what's happening.  She is obviously a convincing actress.  We know she's pretty manipulative even when she's being "sincere", so I don't doubt she can pull the crocodile tears on command either.  I can just hear her saying, "OK, this is where Kerryn fat shames me and I get upset and cry".  She probably thinks it's furthering her cause of hating on fat shamers, but the one thing she's wrong about is it's only making HER look bad.  Otherwise, I think she knew all of it beforehand.

Remember we see an edited 40 min or so that is probably out of hours of footage.

Whitney is like any other reality star. She needs the paycheck. So she is going to go along with out any of the scenarios. I imagine she thought this was her "moment" to show how hateful so many people are towards her and didn't really know how it was going to be edited at the end of the day. 

• Love 11

The TLC crew has got to be dissing her this season. Besides the editing and more-unflattering-than-necessary camera angles, just look at the episode titles this season vs. seasons 1 and 2. Titles seem to be capitalizing on her flaws and meanness.

Good. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

So interesting to read all of the comments. I am not sure if Whitney is in on the joke. I think there are times this season where the footage has been so unflattering of her. The greasy hair, the bad skin, the very unflattering angles and close-ups that are pictured of her rear end and jiggling body parts. I do 100% think that the comedian was a hire. Remember the gentleman questioning her at Appalachian State? He was not paid that was a TLC plant to ask a question that Whitney might struggle to answer. I do think the producers really hate Whitney and are tired of her nonsense. I feel the same way about the Kody Brown family and the Teen Mom girls I think these video crewd and editors get so tired of these annoying, selfish people but they just can't help but put them in a bad light.

Here's something to think about - We know Whit smokes but she has some sort of gag order on the show not to reveal that, so I think that if the unflattering camera angles and greasy hair were something she wanted to hide, she'd try harder not to let them depict her like that.  I just think she gave up caring how she looks and is buying into her "no BS" philosophy to the extent that she says "screw it" and is letting it all hang out, warts and all.   Meanwhile the show is making every effort to capitalize on that.  I can't help but think that even Kody and wives are giving into the pressure that they be depicted in a less rosy light to encourage ratings.  I think they all get addicted to the $$$ and any pretense at being in it to promote some kind of idealistic vision or cause is soon thrown out the window when TPTB makes them think that if they don't ratings might suffer.  So they tolerate a little unflattering stuff in exchange.  I think the same way about "Sister Wives".

15 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

That preview was just...bizarre.  The pig is humping her leg, and she throws her arms up, and flops back on the couch.  No jumping up, and shaking the pig  off??!!!

I tell you, she's a regular Sarah Bernhardt, that one.  What did I say about her doing anything for ratings?  LOL

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Snarklepuss said:

I tell you, she's a regular Sarah Bernhardt, that one.  What did I say about her doing anything for ratings?  LOL

Please God, don't let her visit a zoo.

It's been forever since I posted about anything, but I had to say something about Whitney and her eating. The way that she shoveled that cake in was terrifying.  I think that with this whole nobody shame campaign, she has lost herself. She is constantly lying to herself and people around her.  I've always thought that deep down, beyond the realm of this stupid show, she's probably a pretty pleasant and nice person, but this persona that she has taken on and the platform she has chosen could not be worse for her health.  I don't think that the comedian was particularly funny. I think that her approach was kind of shitty, but the truth is that Whitney does not portray the life of a happy person.  Again, the comedian was harsh and her approach, but deep down I think that she might have been coming from a place of understanding as an alcoholic. She lives addiction every single day, and she thinks that fat people have a serious addiction to food. I think ultimately, she came at Whitney the way that she probably wishes that folks had talk to her when she was deep in her own sickness. That approach does not work for everyone, nor does it help when you make light of it in your act. I don't know. I  had really high hopes for the show at one point, even though Whitney hasn't always been my glass of sweet tea.  I can only hope that she sees that she does in fact, have a food addiction. I hope she watches the footage of her eating the cake and notices how her eyes glaze over and she disconnects. This is not the behavior of someone who claims to have a relatively normal relationship with food. 

• Love 15
(edited)

That... was a lot of cake for a tasting. I want to sympathize with Whitney, but her behavior and attitude about her trainer was so off-putting. If she's not interested in making a change, why pretend? Just be honest. There's no point in making excuses, all the while continuing to break the rules by eating cake, etc. If Will decides to dump her as a client, it would be totally understandable, because as the saying goes, you can't help someone if they do not want to help themselves.

I am frankly surprised that Whitney is so laissez-faire about getting back into shape, even though in the last few episodes we have seen -- and Whitney has admitted -- how much her weight has affected her overall health. From the skiing incident, to biking, to her back problems, her weight is now a hindrance. I would have hoped that was a wake-up call that she needs to make some changes. No one is saying, as she seems to wrongly assume, that she needs to be a size 2. If she, as she claims repeatedly, wants to be fat, then dropping 100+ pounds would still keep her fat, but at least would eliminate some of the mobility/health issues she's experiencing right now.

The comedian was a bit much, and I didn't enjoy her routine, but I think she made very valid points about food being an addiction for some people. Now I'm not an authority on this, but I do think that there's something very odd about people using food as a form of therapy (e.g. "I'm stressed, I wanted food") for emotions. To me, you eat when you're hungry. That's all -- eating when you're sad, stressed, angry, bored, etc. doesn't seem to be very healthy or productive. But I can understand how many of us develop these emotional crutches (depending on the person, this can be food, alcohol, cigarettes, shopping sprees, it can really be anything), but I think the crux of the comedian's argument is the need to address, instead of excuse, these habits. 

Edited by lavenderpenguin
  • Love 10

In response to the episode and Whitney, the comedienne is doing an AMA tonight at 6pm. I have a ghost hunt scheduled (yeah, yeah, don't judge) but I am excited to read it when I get home.

• Love 6

I didn't think he comedian was funny either, and I wish she was because it would be easier to be on her side. She got a little more personal than necessary, but it doesn't mean what she said wasn't true. But they definitely set it up to have her there.

I want to know what Will thinks of the cake tasting scene. Then the party. 

Also, I completely agree that TLC has changed their tune and is showing Whitney in a more unflattering light. Whether this is because the line producers (the "writers" of a reality show) have chosen that story line, or production in general is sick of her, or if higher ups have learned that being more real gets more ratings, I don't know. But man I wish that would happen with the Duggars.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, DoctorWhovian said:

But they definitely set it up to have her there.

Yes. Let's not overlook the fact that the radio station has an FCC license to protect. They are responsible for what they broadcast. They don't let random interns charge into the booth, grab a mic and go on-air to argue with an invited guest. The mic would be cut, the intern would be escorted out and fired and the station would apologize to the audience and the guest. No, Whitney knew her moment was coming and was probably cued when to start her "confrontation." 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Here's something to think about - We know Whit smokes but she has some sort of gag order on the show not to reveal that, so I think that if the unflattering camera angles and greasy hair were something she wanted to hide, she'd try harder not to let them depict her like that.  I just think she gave up caring how she looks and is buying into her "no BS" philosophy to the extent that she says "screw it" and is letting it all hang out, warts and all.   Meanwhile the show is making every effort to capitalize on that.  I can't help but think that even Kody and wives are giving into the pressure that they be depicted in a less rosy light to encourage ratings.  I think they all get addicted to the $$$ and any pretense at being in it to promote some kind of idealistic vision or cause is soon thrown out the window when TPTB makes them think that if they don't ratings might suffer.  So they tolerate a little unflattering stuff in exchange.  I think the same way about "Sister Wives".

Yeah, Regarding Whit's "acting"....I have noticed that she frequently "holds" a pose for a long time so the camera can get her "natural reactions" of her stellar personality.  Sarah Bernhardt, for sure. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

In response to the episode and Whitney, the comedienne is doing an AMA tonight at 6pm. I have a ghost hunt scheduled (yeah, yeah, don't judge) but I am excited to read it when I get home.

Thanks for the heads-up on the AMA. New to Reddit. The AMA was short and mods checked in a lot to keep it OK. Great support for Kerryn, I thought. She wasn't able to say too much because of the TLC contract, but still a good read. 

Damn, TLC is wielding some crazy-ass power over there!?! 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Ooh, can you explain a little bit about the ghost hunt? Sounds interesting! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The ghost  hunt sounds fun. Please  let  us  know  how  things  go . 

• Love 4
(edited)

Kerryn had this to say. 

"I think loving yourself is extremely important, but being honest with yourself will keep you alive"

Also, when asked about Whitney's fans attacking her on social media, she calls them die lards.    That is funny.

Smart and funny.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

As an aside, the Reddit threads about the episodes are full of people who are just like all of us. Our people! Doing the Lord's work, we are. 

I found out about the show through Reddit, and only started looking it up on PTV because I wanted a place to comment.

16 hours ago, seasons said:

The TLC crew has got to be dissing her this season. Besides the editing and more-unflattering-than-necessary camera angles, just look at the episode titles this season vs. seasons 1 and 2. Titles seem to be capitalizing on her flaws and meanness.

Good. 

So I posted this in another thread, but I read a thread not too long ago on Reddit asking people who have worked on reality shows how real or unreal they were... buried in the comments was the following:

"Some experience with a show that portrays a very large woman doing all kinds of active, artistic, and fun things. Some of it is actually true but they have to edit out some really crazy looks people give and even some mean comments by passerbies. They also said she was not as popular as the show made it seem as everyone was being paid to treat her affectionately and kind when really people thought of her as disgusting and ridiculous."

So I think between the post that Kerryn had to delete about Whit smoking a full pack a day and being told by several people in production as well as how Whit is the literal and figurative cash cow makes me think that TLC crew really finds her gross and unlikable as well as many of her "friends"

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I believe you are right. I used to watch another reality show, Dance Moms, and when one of the moms started sued the show or Abby Lee a copy of her agreement with Lifetime was made public (it was a few years old). I calculated early on that the moms were bringing in a heft 6 figure salary NOT to mention the other "perks" (the signings, the events and appearances). I imagine for someone like Whitney who has been barely making any kind of living this is the best ride EVER. 6 months filming being made to feel like she is a star, special paid appearances, selling her book, appearances on various television news channels, etc. This is like winning the lottery for her. So sure, every once in awhile you will be made to look like an idiot or hypocrite, but the blindness sheep who follow you can be told that it was an unfair edit, that people are so mean to you, that you get constantly bullied, blah blah blah.

So if Whit is getting paid anything like the woman from Dance Moms - here is a breakdown of "fees" and payments

Episodic Fees: 6935.00 per episode (for Dance Moms this could be up to 26 episodes so a total of 180,310

Specials Episodes: 10,000 per each "special" (aka reunions

Lump Sum Completion Cycle Bonus: 40,000

Lump Sum Completion Cycle Bonus the next season: 60,000

One Day Holiday Special 12,500

Clothing Allowance: 3,500

Babysitting Allowance: 300.00 weekly (even though Whitney doesn't have a kid I thought this was interesting to add so people could be aware of ALL the types of payments that can be in this type of contract)

Licensing Fees for Merchandise, etc: 1% of 100% gross revenues

So if you add up these fees, this Dance Mom was making well over 300k for 2 seasons (probably more since Season 3 and Season 4 had more than 26 episodes).

So although we don't know what Whitney is making we do know she recently bought the house used in filming (she advertised this on her FB) and being familiar with the area I imagine that house was anywhere from 220k-290k which would require her making more than a few thousand to be able to purchase that on her own.

Suffice it to say, Whitney is making more money (even if she is no where making as much as what we saw from the Dance Moms contract) than what she would conceivably be able to make in ANY job based on her skill set and lack of real career focus since graduation.

• Love 12

As an aside, the Reddit threads about the episodes are full of people who are just like all of us. Our people! Doing the Lord's work, we are. 

Yes, I saw this.  I guess maybe the reason that Facebook seems peopled by true believers, is that Whit or her people can delete posts.
Still, I don't think she's as bad in that regard as Nicole Curtis, who came HERE to attack people.

• Love 4
On 7/22/2016 at 9:19 PM, Bubbles1967 said:

I have to ask .. Does Whitney actually think she's fit? I know that absolute idiot of a doctor told her last season that it is possible.  That just fed into her delusions. She probably ate a pizza after the appointment.

I know there are some people who are overweight and do marathons etc.  I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about her at 376 + lbs ( heavy on the +).  One class a week huffing and puffing does not make s fit person.

Also is she still monitoring herself for diabetes? Doesn't look like it when she's shoving sugary cereal and cake in her face. She probably thought once she was out of danger last year, she didn't have to pay attention to it . 

I don't wish I'll on anyone but she needs to hit rock bottom to wake up. Question is what is her rock bottom?

I think SHE thinks she's fit - she said in a recent ep something like "We don't know if I'd be any healthier if I were thinner."  She does her dance class, completes Will's workouts once in a while, and completed that bike ride, so there! she says.  I also think that she THINKS that because she is willfully ignoring facts that would make her face her addiction.  Combined with the fact that she feels reasonably fit in what has become her normal.  I often think that if I could wake up and be 50 lbs lighter for one day, I would be so much more motivated to stick with my own diet.  If Whit could wake up one day weighing even something like 250 for the day, she might realize that she's not doing so well right now.  And yes, I think that since she managed to stave off the diabetes at the last Dr appt we saw, she is going to ignore the problem completely until the next time it comes up :)

On 7/22/2016 at 9:58 PM, Cinnamini11 said:

It's like no one wants to make her feel bad/sad so instead they're just slowly watching her kill herself (and I'm pretty sure someone mentioned a similar situation a few posts ago). I think they'll have to all band together to get her to change because if she has even one enabler (probably Buddy) then she's just going to turn towards them. Then again I can sort of see what Buddy was saying- Whitney is a grown ass woman and it's not his job to police her. She can eat whatever she wants. But I also think that might be the difference between a friend and a real friend.

Well Buddy seems to have food issues of his own - I'm sure it's more fun to eat cheesesteak pizza with Whit than eat salmon and salad while she bitches and eats junk food on her own!  And may I say that as a former teacher I'm not a huge fan on the self-esteem movement - also to blame in this fiasco.  But I'm too tired to get on my soapbox tonight :)

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, princelina said:

Well Buddy seems to have food issues of his own - I'm sure it's more fun to eat cheesesteak pizza with Whit than eat salmon and salad while she bitches and eats junk food on her own!  And may I say that as a former teacher I'm not a huge fan on the self-esteem movement - also to blame in this fiasco.  But I'm too tired to get on my soapbox tonight :)

Oh but now I'm curious. What do you mean by the self-esteem movement? Like that "participation trophies" sort of thing? I mean I think it's vital for kids to learn how to fail/lose. That's how people learn what they're good at and how to pick themselves up again. In general I think self-esteem is important, especially given the terrible choices people can make because of low self-esteem. But self-esteem without substance is just a meltdown/crisis waiting to happen.

I just think it's unnecessary to demean/name call other kids (and adults of course). As for Whitney, she may have an inflated sense of self, but who knows how she's going to get over that. Then again how awesome would it be to just think you're THE BEST THING EVER!!! like all the time. (Until reality comes crashing down of course).

Also I think you're right on point with Whitney thinking she's fit. Like we can see her clear deterioration on health wise easy, but I bet (besides just being sort of delusional in general) it's just something she got used to so it doesn't seem like a big deal. Like if I woke up at Whitney's weight I would see red flags everywhere. But she's just been carrying it around so long it's just like, 'oh I messed up my back again, oh well'. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I think Whit has been so fat for so long that people have lost the ability to talk honestly with her for fear of making her feel bad, and so she has lost the ability to understand when she violates normal behavior and makes others upset or uncomfortable.  And that's not helping her with any aspect of her life.

Princelina, I love you.  You say you are a former teacher. Are you retired?  If so, are you available to relocate, temporarily, to Greensboro to counsel dear Twit?  Now THAT would be a series worth watching!  I teach SPED middle school boys.  You have to be real.  You have to balance a soft shoulder with a strong arm.  I think Twit, at her stunted stage of maturity, is in dire need of some actual "reality."

• Love 16
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

Yes, I saw this.  I guess maybe the reason that Facebook seems peopled by true believers, is that Whit or her people can delete posts.
Still, I don't think she's as bad in that regard as Nicole Curtis, who came HERE to attack people.

Ooh. @auntjess, can you briefly explain the Nicole Curtis thing? Txs.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Kerryn had this to say. 

"I think loving yourself is extremely important, but being honest with yourself will keep you alive"

Also, when asked about Whitney's fans attacking her on social media, she calls them die lards.    That is funny.

Smart and funny.

She also said that Twit looks BIGGER in real life, in response to a Redditor asking if it's true the camera adds 10 lbs.

It was a neat read through, cool that Kerryn did it, but I was disappointed with how little she could say. Darn it all!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mamapajama said:

Princelina, I love you.  You say you are a former teacher. Are you retired?  If so, are you available to relocate, temporarily, to Greensboro to counsel dear Twit?  Now THAT would be a series worth watching!  I teach SPED middle school boys.  You have to be real.  You have to balance a soft shoulder with a strong arm.  I think Twit, at her stunted stage of maturity, is in dire need of some actual "reality."

Thanks!  I retired at a youngish age due to being sick of the crap.  If I were Whit's friend in Greensboro, I would invite her to weight watchers or horn in on her sessions with Will.  I don't know why the one girlfriend (Ashley?) or Buddy don't just do that with her - they could work out together and prepare and photograph Will's meals, or eat salads together in restaurants, etc.  and it could be helpful for both of them.

• Love 4
On 7/23/2016 at 0:29 AM, Nowhere said:

...and stop shaving her legs for her, and buying her pizza, and delivering toilet paper, and going for cupcake tastings with her, etc

It would be easy to stop these things but they don't. They can still keep their mouths shut if they don't want to confront Princess Twit. There doesn't have to be a formal intervention. Just simply stop taking part in her self-destruction.

'Cause if they stop doing those things for her, poof! There goes the show and the TLC Gravy Train....for ALL  of them drawing a paycheck from it.

• Love 7