Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Spread Thin

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

It seems every other reality star has a clothing line or sells something.  You would think Whit would jump on the bus & create a plus sized line of nice clothing or else be a spokesperson for one that's out there.  I mean real clothing, not the  crap she sells on her No Body Shame site with Buddy & Lennie as models.

She does: http://nobodyshamestore.com/

I wouldn't buy this crap let alone get it for free.

16 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Thanks I didn't realize she had normal clothing on her NBS site.  I thought it was all T-shirts, sweat shirts & bags with the NBS logo emblazoned on it.  Don't think we've ever seen her wearing one of those tops on the show. It would be nice if they could do an episode actually showing her working on the site, maybe showing us how an order is processed or how she picked the clothes on the site. Similar to Asa promoting her caftans on Shahs of Sunset. Still would be boring but better than watching her shoveling in tuna & noodles. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, princelina said:

Good question.  It looked like they were trying to do a little Irish stepping, which could have been the reason, until they added jump roping, acrobatics, and whatever that move from "Katie's choreography" was supposed to be.  The embarrassment I felt for them all when I watched last night seems to be leaving me; now I'm just cracking up at them.  Which makes me feel bad again - if Whitney wants to act the fool on TV it's her choice, but to sign these gals up to humiliate them in public and on TV is wrong.  Mattie may be a "free spirit" but some of them had to be aware enough to know they looked ridiculous, but probably didn't want to let the group down by bailing.  And I don't get what's in it for Todd - if he is a professional he should have felt ridiculous and uncomfortable too, prancing through that crapfest.

This is what stood out so strongly to me, other than the reality that Whit can't dance and can't choreograph at even a basic level.

Todd looked and behaved in an utterly ridiculous manner.  I really like him, but he seemed to be playing some over-the-top David Spade/Adam Sandler/Chris Farley trope during this show.  Completely and utterly beyond belief, the way he was hopping around. He made Will Ferrell in 'Elf" look tame.

• Love 4

TLC, you are killing me. I really want to like Whitney. I am so envious of women who are comfortable with their body (I'm 5'9", a tad over 140) and I cover as much as possible. Having a place like BGDC is awesome. Embracing and accepting that most women are not model thin is awesome,  but the past two seasons Whitney has been a spoiled, entitled brat. Who did she think she was driving her mobility scooter in front of the BGDC banner. She's no tv star, I'm certain that very few parade spectators knew who she was. Yes, her back hurt, so she should not have danced or whatever that spectacle was. She treats her parents like crap, is mean to members of her dance class and is incredibly unprofessional at her "internship." Please make me like her again.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Thanks I didn't realize she had normal clothing on her NBS site.  I thought it was all T-shirts, sweat shirts & bags with the NBS logo emblazoned on it.  Don't think we've ever seen her wearing one of those tops on the show. It would be nice if they could do an episode actually showing her working on the site, maybe showing us how an order is processed or how she picked the clothes on the site. Similar to Asa promoting her caftans on Shahs of Sunset. Still would be boring but better than watching her shoveling in tuna & noodles. 

I got a mental image of her acting like Sobyn from Sisterwives yelling about her joorey business.  Having Twit yelling on how she needs to ship stuff out to some no body shame campaign in X state before Y date would make it more interesting than her shoving tuna noodles and mayo down her throat in earnest before Babs and Glen got home. 

47 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I just looked at some of this stuff. It's so expensive and I really don't understand how clothes that are almost all polyester would need to be hand washed.

Just looked at the prices and like MSWC it's overpriced crap. She (and them) need to realize that her primary target for shoppers are Target people. Not Holt Renfrew people.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I got a mental image of her acting like Sobyn from Sisterwives yelling about her joorey business.  Having Twit yelling on how she needs to ship stuff out to some no body shame campaign in X state before Y date would make it more interesting than her shoving tuna noodles and mayo down her throat in earnest before Babs and Glen got home. 

Just looked at the prices and like MSWC it's overpriced crap. She (and them) need to realize that her primary target for shoppers are Target people. Not Holt Renfrew people.  

I agree. The whole thing has a MSWC vibe. 

• Love 1

Personally I'd rather see her shovel pasta than stuff boxes.  It's  enlightening to see the path to that other show, My 600-lb Life. 

I have nothing against her physical appearance.  But TLC cannot responsibly show this near 400-lb, 5'1" woman being "fit" anymore.  The reality is that her mobility and general health are being severely impacted by her obesity.  There is no more "I can be huge and do anything I want."

• Love 11
On 7/7/2016 at 1:15 PM, teevee4me said:

You are not healthy if you are obese. Period. Just because your labs are normal does not take away the obesity. So stop kidding yourselves if you think otherwise.

I can't stand Whitney. She is an exploitive, loud, entitled bitch. Her obesity is GROSS. There is nothing beautiful or fab about her. TLC is just waiting for her to collapse again. I am sure she didn't want to ski or ride the bike or climb the stairs or be in a parade. These are the story lines TLC knows will create drama. They want to catch Whitney winded, falling down or passing out. I don't believe for one minute the producers care about pushing her to far.

She is an embarrassment. I cringe when I watch. That IG clip she had of Lennie making him say he loved her was so pathetic. I feel no sorrow for her. None.At.All.

Yes, you cannot be this obese and healthy for simple biological reasons. The heart is not meant to pump blood to that much volume of tissue, period. It's working 3 times as hard as it needs to. It's a physical strain on all your bones, muscles and organs. A constant strain leads the body to give out. I don't care if you dance for 20 minutes every week.

Boyfriend was wearing a pokeman hat to be, maybe to drown out the noise of the C-Pap machine? he looked like an idiot. 

They only put her on air because she was being filmed. If she has 3 years experience in radio and worked as a producer and only had a 2 year lay off from it, why does she have to start at the bottom?

• Love 5
14 hours ago, RCharter said:

Oh, thats interesting.  I had always assumed that Lane Bryant and other "plus size" stores didn't really have a size limit. 

There's plus and then there's extended sizes - like 4x on up. Not every plus size shop/catalog sells the extended sizes.  Years ago, when I used to buy my clothes at a big name Philly store, I 'suddenly' found that I was at the end of their plus size range (1x-3x). I think it was easy, as I started buying larger sizes, to tell myself that the clothing 'ran small.'  When there wasn't another size to go to, I got scared and realized, hey, maybe it's you and not the clothes, and did something about my weight. I'm still 'fluffy,' but I can go in most non-junior stores and get clothing.

I'm pretty sure Whit has to order from a place that carries extended sizes. And yeah, a lot of those clothes are casual and look cheap, unless you go to a supplier like Ulla Popken, who carries beautiful clothes in extended sizes, but at a price.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

TLC, you are killing me. I really want to like Whitney. I am so envious of women who are comfortable with their body (I'm 5'9", a tad over 140) and I cover as much as possible. Having a place like BGDC is awesome. Embracing and accepting that most women are not model thin is awesome,  but the past two seasons Whitney has been a spoiled, entitled brat. Who did she think she was driving her mobility scooter in front of the BGDC banner. She's no tv star, I'm certain that very few parade spectators knew who she was. Yes, her back hurt, so she should not have danced or whatever that spectacle was. She treats her parents like crap, is mean to members of her dance class and is incredibly unprofessional at her "internship." Please make me like her again.

I don't want to veer off-topic, but state that I think so many of us can relate to this, all for various, but likely similar reasons.  I think the principle message behind NBS is awesome, though I'd like to see it fully, openly embrace smaller sizes.  I think there is a huge misconception that skinny to average people don't have a right to feel embarrassed about their size but the truth is there are many of us that suffer from disordered eating, body  dysmorphic disorder, and hate the skin we live in (I am this way when I'm not so thin it's shocking, I've put on about 15lbs and though still in a healthy weight range and probably don't look like a land whale, I sure FEEL like it).  All of that being disclosed, if Whitney is really proud of herself (and I don't think she should be ashamed), I'd love to see more of that come through than these overly narcissistic behavior, entitlement attitudes, and tendency to bully/bulldoze her way through life.  I'd like to see someone embracing that lifestyle/attitude that doesn't make Whit's over-the-top persona that staple of such people.  

I really feel like this show is living a lie. If Whitney does truly believe it, she is in serious danger, as evidenced by her inability to do even basic things.  I want her to love herself, but I want her to stop being immature, petty, narcissistic, bullying, and surrounding herself with friends and medical professionals who cater to her bullying tactics. 

Edited by lallalla
grammar
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, lallalla said:

I don't want to veer off-topic, but state that I think so many of us can relate to this, all for various, but likely similar reasons.  I think the principle message behind NBS is awesome, though I'd like to see it fully, openly embrace smaller sizes.  I think there is a huge misconception that skinny to average people don't have a right to feel embarrassed about their size but the truth is there are many of us that suffer from disordered eating, body  dysmorphic disorder, and hate the skin we live in (I am this way when I'm not so thin it's shocking, I've put on about 15lbs and though still in a healthy weight range and probably don't look like a land whale, I sure FEEL like it).  All of that being disclosed, if Whitney is really proud of herself (and I don't think she should be ashamed), I'd love to see more of that come through than these overly narcissistic behavior, entitlement attitudes, and tendency to bully/bulldoze her way through life.  I'd like to see someone embracing that lifestyle/attitude that doesn't make Whit's over-the-top persona that staple of such people.  

I really feel like this show is living a lie. If Whitney does truly believe it, she is in serious danger, as evidenced by her inability to do even basic things.  I want her to love herself, but I want her to stop being immature, petty, narcissistic, bullying, and surrounding herself with friends and medical professionals who cater to her bullying tactics. 

I know this to be true. I'm very thin and I can't stand myself. I have serious body image issues. I too have been criticized and made fun of. People telling me I have a flat butt, no figure, eat a cheeseburger, etc. Not to mention, the endless Facebook posts about how men prefer curvy women. One of which saying 99% of men prefer curvy women and the other 1% are gay. Songs that say fuck skinny bitches. It makes me upset for my daughter because we are now raising thin women to have more body image issues than they already naturally had. It hurts my feelings and before anyone says that thin women don't get yelled at or made fun of, keep in mind that, yes we do get made fun of and making fun of another group of people doesn't help the plight of your own group or however you categorize yourself. I am not the one who yells and makes fun so why should I have to be hurt? Hurting someone else can't possibly make a person feel better about themselves, right? Maybe I'm wrong about that since I've never tried it. 

Whitney really inspired me at first and then I saw the music videos where she's shoving cupcakes down thin girls' throats. She obviously doesn't care about the rest of us or even like us, so I can't get behind her "no body shame". Fitting how the initials are BS since that's what it is. Bullshit.

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, aliya said:

There's plus and then there's extended sizes - like 4x on up. Not every plus size shop/catalog sells the extended sizes.  Years ago, when I used to buy my clothes at a big name Philly store, I 'suddenly' found that I was at the end of their plus size range (1x-3x). I think it was easy, as I started buying larger sizes, to tell myself that the clothing 'ran small.'  When there wasn't another size to go to, I got scared and realized, hey, maybe it's you and not the clothes, and did something about my weight. I'm still 'fluffy,' but I can go in most non-junior stores and get clothing.

I'm pretty sure Whit has to order from a place that carries extended sizes. And yeah, a lot of those clothes are casual and look cheap, unless you go to a supplier like Ulla Popken, who carries beautiful clothes in extended sizes, but at a price.

Catherines Shop, which was bought out by Lane Bryant (and has a shop in Greensboro) carries sizes up to 5x or 36.  The waist measurement given for those sizes is 58 and the hip 67.  To my earlier point about her proportions, I think there's a greater distance between Whitney's waist/hip proportion than that, and the waist might actually be OK while the hip measurement too small.  Honestly, not to be mean but her hips are really incredibly large for her size.  She's got quite a pair of "handles" on top of her hips.  I'm nowhere near her size but I know how being out of proportion to off the rack clothing can be - middle aged women start putting weight on in the midsection, but most pants are still proportioned for younger women so when everything else fits, it can be hard to button the waist.  For Whitney, it's the hip and thigh measurement that's not big enough.  I can't imagine how to alter that when you're already up at the top end of most size ranges.  Does anyone remember what her hips measure?  I don't know but thought I heard her say it was up in the 70s  If so, yikes, where do you find sizes upward of 6X?

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3

Whitney really inspired me at first and then I saw the music videos where she's shoving cupcakes down thin girls' throats.

What kills me about her, is it's ok for her to bully anyone and everyone she wants but god forbid someone says anything even slightly negative to her.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, greekmom said:

Did anyone catch Lennie modeling one of the sweatshirts? ?

1 hour ago, lallalla said:

Well said. Totally agree. 

• Love 2

This is from 2015 - Tal takes her measurements to be fitted for a fashion show.  I'm sure she was thinner here and her hips measured 70 inches, bust 52 waist 50.  So if 5X is 67 inches in the hip and waist 58 it's likely next to impossible for her to find clothes even online that fit her hips in addition to her waist hip ratio being so totally out of proportion that even if something fit her hips, it would be too big in the waist.

http://okmagazine.com/videos/whitney-thore-weight-my-big-fat-fabulous-life/

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Snarklepuss said:

Does anyone remember what her hips measure?  I don't know but thought I heard her say it was up in the 70s  If so, yikes, where do you find sizes upward of 6X?

Because I taught librarianship and can't let this stuff rest, I looked around the interwebs and found an online store, MIB, that sells up to 8X which fits an 82" hip. 

• Love 2

3X is a long way back in her rear view mirror.  I believe Twit could find plenty of options beyond leggings.  She has, from time to time, worn cute clothes, but man-made fabrics are not a fat girl's friends.  They do not breathe.  Isn't excessive sweating one effect of PCOS?   70 inch hips would probably not fit inside a bath sheet, so that would not have helped poor Buddy.

• Love 2

I am also amazed by all the spandex she wears. I am a marathoner and I hardly ever wear spandex, at least on top. It really does NOT breathe. Loose cotton is more comfy. She probably generates a lot of heat when she dances, too. 

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, Tosia said:

I wonder if she has refused her parents' offer of therapy.  Maybe they should go to therapy for enabling.  I hope they do.  Save yourselves, Babs and Glen! 

She mentioned recently on her FB page that she had just left the therapist.  This is the post:

My new Swedish friend Jovanna drew this of me and I love it. She nailed it, right down to the silly expression I was making! I just left my therapist's office, on the way to the gym and feeling generally stressed out, both by my personal life (which, if you can believe it is different than my "TV life") as well as all the atrocious current events in the world, but this little bit of art by a stranger just brightened my day just a little bit. ‪#‎NoBodyShame‬‪#‎MyBigFatFabLife‬

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I know this to be true. I'm very thin and I can't stand myself. I have serious body image issues. I too have been criticized and made fun of. People telling me I have a flat butt, no figure, eat a cheeseburger, etc. Not to mention, the endless Facebook posts about how men prefer curvy women. One of which saying 99% of men prefer curvy women and the other 1% are gay. Songs that say fuck skinny bitches. It makes me upset for my daughter because we are now raising thin women to have more body image issues than they already naturally had. It hurts my feelings and before anyone says that thin women don't get yelled at or made fun of, keep in mind that, yes we do get made fun of and making fun of another group of people doesn't help the plight of your own group or however you categorize yourself. I am not the one who yells and makes fun so why should I have to be hurt? Hurting someone else can't possibly make a person feel better about themselves, right? Maybe I'm wrong about that since I've never tried it. 

Whitney really inspired me at first and then I saw the music videos where she's shoving cupcakes down thin girls' throats. She obviously doesn't care about the rest of us or even like us, so I can't get behind her "no body shame". Fitting how the initials are BS since that's what it is. Bullshit.

Thank you for sharing that, I've really been struggling with self-love lately, all because I gained maybe 10-15lbs. 15lbs or slightly more less, and I get all kinds of remarks because I'm jaw-droppingly thin, yet at this weight, all because I basically can't see my ribs, I feel like a whale.  Body image can be a devastating thing and I wish that were more Whitney's focus and message than this trainwreck it's become. I want Whitney to love herself, have a life that she can actually full enjoy to the utmost, with a range of activities, I certainly don't want to see her continue down the path she's on, we all know it isn't going to get better as/if she gets bigger.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lallalla said:

Thank you for sharing that, I've really been struggling with self-love lately, all because I gained maybe 10-15lbs. 15lbs or slightly more less, and I get all kinds of remarks because I'm jaw-droppingly thin, yet at this weight, all because I basically can't see my ribs, I feel like a whale.  Body image can be a devastating thing and I wish that were more Whitney's focus and message than this trainwreck it's become. I want Whitney to love herself, have a life that she can actually full enjoy to the utmost, with a range of activities, I certainly don't want to see her continue down the path she's on, we all know it isn't going to get better as/if she gets bigger.

I know how you feel.  I gained like 20 pounds while I studied for the bar and I didn't even want to leave my house.

I don't think I was ever out of a size 8....but still.  I'm not done losing, but man, it was rough.

Body image is rough.  But I don't think I have it nearly as tough as women who get pointed and laughed at, and if someone called me a fat leprechaun or a whale from their car I would probably break down and cry.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, aliya said:

Because I taught librarianship and can't let this stuff rest, I looked around the interwebs and found an online store, MIB, that sells up to 8X which fits an 82" hip. 

Well, I'll do you one better, I found a site with several websites that cater to sizes upwards of 5x.  Still, it would have to be very hard for her given that even with clothing in those sizes her proportions don't lend themselves to anything off the rack.  The problem with her is not even the size but the proportion given her waist/hip ratio is something quite amazing at .74.  I was in numbers like that myself at one time and it was actually harder to fit me then than after gaining weight in the midsection.

http://www.pasazz.net/storesdirectory/supersize.html

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RCharter said:

I know how you feel.  I gained like 20 pounds while I studied for the bar and I didn't even want to leave my house.

I don't think I was ever out of a size 8....but still.  I'm not done losing, but man, it was rough.

Body image is rough.  But I don't think I have it nearly as tough as women who get pointed and laughed at, and if someone called me a fat leprechaun or a whale from their car I would probably break down and cry.

Thank you for sharing this too, it's an awful thing to hate yourself and feel fat (regardless your weight) and literally be at the point of tears because you're so miserable.

Add in experiences like Whitney's and I would crumple.  Like all of us here, one cannot condone that kind of behavior. I am sure the looks she may get in general are difficult to deal with and instead of shirking into a wallflower, perhaps she swings to the other end of the spectrum as a type of coping mechanism.  I don't blame the world for my warped body image, but I'd probably find it pretty easy to if I have had people treating me the way Whitney sometimes probably is, I'm sure she's had some instances of non-staged incidents (assuming some of these have been at least somewhat prompted by TLC).

No one deserves to hate the skin they live in, it can be really devastating and crippling.

It will be so much worse for Whitney if she reaches a point of total immobility.  I hope, if she reaches that point, TLC provides off-camera help to get her back on a healthier track.  I don't want to watch a trainwreck, I initially tuned in for inspiration and because of the initial persona that came across in ads for her show. I'd LOVE to see this initial concept, or especially, a mantra of self-love regardless of body type, size, capabilities, etc., fully embraced by this show. Hell, maybe she can break off TLC bindings and go rogue on this endeavor, I bet some independent networks or even potentially web producers, would run with such a concept.  No need to feel locked into the TLC box, network and see what happens!

• Love 4

One of the problems with sizing is that for most women's sizes, it's assumed there is 10 inch or so difference between waist and hips, and bust being about the same as hips. But once a person starts gaining weight, especially a lot of weight, it can deposit overwhelmingly in certain areas- for Whitney, she's pear shaped. She probably has trouble finding pants that fit properly in the hips without being too large in the waist. I've got the opposite problem, gaining in my stomach area after having 2 pregnancies so in order to find pants that fit in the waist/stomach, they end up being often too large in the legs. But I refuse to wear skinny jeans at my size, even though I've seen them in 18-20 sizes. On the 600 lb life show, there was one woman who had unusual "fat wings" on her lower back- I've never seen that before . It looked like a type of lymphodema that had to later be surgically removed. 

• Love 3

Whitney could easily conquer the fit problem with clothes.  If she finds pants that fit her hips, all she has to do is find a good tailor to take in the waist, and probably shorten the legs.  Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy.  I've done the same thing when I've lost weight but didn't want to give up a pair of trousers that I loved.

• Love 1

I am also much smaller in the waist and have skinnier legs. I tried buying a pair of pants once and having them tailored, and the tailor said it wasn't worth it because she couldn't take in the huge legs. I have only found one or two pairs of pants which don't have the "elephant legs" and huge waist, so I keep wearing the same ones over and over. It is a problem for us bigger girls. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, aliya said:

She's 5'1" and almost 400 lbs??  OMGoodness. It just makes everything even worse.  

I am convinced she is easily 425-475 this season, the change in her size is not just noticeable, it's enormous and shocking. I think at her size, you have to put on more than "just 10lbs" to be able to see such a shocking change. TLC is lying in the shots this season of rotating scales.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, teevee4me said:

I really despise politically correct bullsh.t. Whitney is not a big girl. She is a morbidly obese woman. Call it what it is.

She is medically, technically, supe obese, the classification after "morbidly obese", or, Class III obese with scales that stop at anything greater than 40 BMI, to Class V obesity, with some scales that further breakdown levels of obesity. She is over 60!!! BMI, I can't even fathom! And I'd dare say she's increased multiple percentage points since Season 1 which was what? ONE year to 18 months ago for filming? 

I don't say that to correct you, I appreciate that you are calling a spade a spade, but I say that to highlight how severe her current condition is. Twit should know well and good that even at 200-something pounds, she would be morbidly obese for her height. She would be comparably healthier, but it is not good to live your life that far overweight, it's just ridiculous to even consider it.  I do understand she probably feels it would be impossible to get below 275, but if she wants a good life, and quality of life, especially as she ages, this sister needs to get real and stop living this self-professed fat fetish.  

Also, she has no technique when it comes to dance and even if she were 110lbs, couldn't dance her way out of a wet papersack. Yet another case where people catered to her delusions so much that she thinks she's an expert, elite, professional.  I am starting to feel only irrational anger when I consume any type of media about her, she is beyond ridiculous. I hope she grows beyond her immature, self-entitled attitude and becomes a real woman, regardless the size she maintains. Tomorrow, I'm going to watch a marathon of "Angelina Ballerina", and afterward, declare myself a ballet expert. Or, for that matter, I attended a major and often more lauded university in her same state and took a ballet course for one of my PE credits. It kicked my ass and showed me I didn't know a damn thing about dance.  Twit should just say she can point and semi-pose, if she doesn't collapse from the sheer exhaustion lifting one of her massive limbs to point causes her.

http://www.newyorkbariatrics.com/body-mass-index/

http://www.obesitysurgerydallas.com/bmi.html

• Love 6

Did she even take a shower before going to work? I know, I know...I'm a germophobe.  My sister showers at night, and then just rolls out of bed, runs a comb through her hair, and goes to work.  I don't mean to be indelicate or disrespectful to anyone here, but I've been around people the size of Whitney, and, to be frank, if you don't bathe, you may not smell nice.  I hope I haven't ticked everyone off.  I'm just hoping she did take a quick shower, and they didn't show it.  But she got up at 3, and left at 3:30, so....I am not sure. But on your first day, you'd think you'd want to put forth your best impression. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, lallalla said:

It will be so much worse for Whitney if she reaches a point of total immobility.  I hope, if she reaches that point, TLC provides off-camera help to get her back on a healthier track.  I don't want to watch a trainwreck, I initially tuned in for inspiration and because of the initial persona that came across in ads for her show. I'd LOVE to see this initial concept, or especially, a mantra of self-love regardless of body type, size, capabilities, etc., fully embraced by this show. Hell, maybe she can break off TLC bindings and go rogue on this endeavor, I bet some independent networks or even potentially web producers, would run with such a concept.  No need to feel locked into the TLC box, network and see what happens!

I agree - but I don't think Whitney would!  She might accept her body, but the only way she can show herself love at this point is to try to change it.  We have seen that she loves 1) pizza and pasta, 2) attention, and 3) getting her own way.  I'd love to see TLC sit her down after this season and point out to her the irony of her show's title, and tell her that she needs to start working towards actual "fabulosity" in order to have a 4th season.  Although then, as others have pointed out, we'd probably just have another season of the Ruby show.

I don't really follow any social media or anything other than this website, so I haven't seen her shoving cupcakes in skinny girls - WTF is that?  Just goes to show that No BS is all about her narcissistic self.  The #1 rule of No BS should be "NOONE wants to hear ANY comments about their bodies."

• Love 4
(edited)
25 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

Did she even take a shower before going to work? I know, I know...I'm a germophobe.  My sister showers at night, and then just rolls out of bed, runs a comb through her hair, and goes to work.  I don't mean to be indelicate or disrespectful to anyone here, but I've been around people the size of Whitney, and, to be frank, if you don't bathe, you may not smell nice.  I hope I haven't ticked everyone off.  I'm just hoping she did take a quick shower, and they didn't show it.  But she got up at 3, and left at 3:30, so....I am not sure. But on your first day, you'd think you'd want to put forth your best impression. 

This is something I've read to be true and seen as a theme on 600lb Life and it's something multiple commenters on various articles in People (online) brought up, wondering if it's a problem yet for her.  I am sure it has to be a rather nagging issue to combat.  Of course, look at how she behaved her first day on the job. Let's add potential smell from folds to that, especially after she'd been there several hours, and I could really see her trying to compensate for being overly self-conscious.

16 minutes ago, princelina said:

I agree - but I don't think Whitney would!  She might accept her body, but the only way she can show herself love at this point is to try to change it.  We have seen that she loves 1) pizza and pasta, 2) attention, and 3) getting her own way.  I'd love to see TLC sit her down after this season and point out to her the irony of her show's title, and tell her that she needs to start working towards actual "fabulosity" in order to have a 4th season.  Although then, as others have pointed out, we'd probably just have another season of the Ruby show.

I don't really follow any social media or anything other than this website, so I haven't seen her shoving cupcakes in skinny girls - WTF is that?  Just goes to show that No BS is all about her narcissistic self.  The #1 rule of No BS should be "NOONE wants to hear ANY comments about their bodies."

Like I sense many are, both on this site and elsewhere across the Interwebs and in TVLandia, many people are just frustrated with her show and its quickly devolving nature.  She is not only ruining herself, her god-awful personality is ruining her viewership. She better care about hate watchers, it's not a far cry to just move from hate watching to reading online recaps and waiting for her to go away entirely. She'd fare better, IMO, to endear more people to her and her cause. And her cause could and should embrace peoples of all sizes, backgrounds, and abilities.

Edited by lallalla
clarification
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I didn't want to be the one to go there.  But yeah.

And I don't think its a matter of cleanliness....I just think there are so many more places for sweat to collect.

And in a teeny, tiny booth squashed up with one other person....it could get really ugly, real quick.

I'm thinking that she probably showers at least 2x per day.  I know the shower where buddy had to get her out was after work, right?

I know I could take a shower and put on an outfit in under a half hour, but I'm not sure if thats the situation Whitney faces.

Or perhaps she just showered at midnight since she normally goes to bed late. In that case, its cool

• Love 4

I'm watching the show again because I'm bored af and I want to pick up more on what we've discussed that I may have missed. 

1) why isn't Whitney wearing makeup or fixing her hair anymore? She didn't fix herself up for her interview, first day on the job, or the parade. Is it hard for her to find the energy to even do those things? Last season she always looked her best. Am I right about that?

2) Why did they have to incorporate jumping rope? That's pretty risky to do in front of judges considering even the best rope jumpers could fuck up. There are too many elements when you have to depend on two other people controlling the ropes.

3) When I watched the dance again, I noticed that Whitney was the only one who "failed", not the big girls. They looked great. Yes, the dance was simple but everyone was on point except for Whitney. She completely screwed it up for everyone else. Maybe they could have placed if she didn't decide to dance with them. And btw, she is so mean to that girl Katie. There's no reason to throw that much shade toward the girl. She should show some appreciation since it was her choreography that had to fill in the gaps because Whitney was too busy being lazy to show up for class. 

3) Todd no longer has any fucks to give.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

1) why isn't Whitney wearing makeup or fixing her hair anymore? She didn't fix herself up for her interview, first day on the job, or the parade. Is it hard for her to find the energy to even do those things? Last season she always looked her best. Am I right about that?

I notice the big difference between the talking head shots, with hair fixed and makeup, and the other scenes too.

• Love 5
On 7/10/2016 at 2:24 PM, greekmom said:

I just looked thru the tops, they seemed to run $25-35. I don't think that's very expensive (check out Ulla Popken), especially since these are extended sizes and need more material. The tops at JCPenneys online run around the same for 1X-3X (I wait for a sale, tho). : )

On 7/6/2016 at 9:26 PM, Katydid said:

What a mess. How selfish of Twit to insert herself into the dance at the last minute risking ruining the whole thing for the others who had rehearsed it. 

She loves the attention, she had to be IN the dance, even if it meant they would not win, it's HER class, her show her world and everyone else just revolves around her! She sure jumped up (sort of) out of her scooter to "dance" .

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CentralTexas said:

She loves the attention, she had to be IN the dance, even if it meant they would not win, it's HER class, her show her world and everyone else just revolves around her! She sure jumped up (sort of) out of her scooter to "dance" .

I'm sure she needed Buddy to get her out of the shower and caress her down after the parade though. Her back hurts when she wants something. Like a rub down or a scooter.

• Love 4
(edited)
On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 8:51 AM, greekmom said:
On Wednesday, July 6, 2016 at 11:46 PM, DixonVixen2359 said:

The more I see Lennie, the more he reminds me of Yukon Cornelius.                                                                                                  

On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 8:51 AM, greekmom said:

OMG! I'm at work and almost spit out my coffee laughing at this.  Got some side looks from my co workers.  You are so right!

This is who Lennie reminds me of from Waiting For Guffman:

guff2.jpg

Edited by swankie
  • Love 11
(edited)
On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Madding crowd said:

There is no medical proof that being obese alone causes early death.

On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 1:59 PM, Madding crowd said:

I had 2 morbidly obese great aunts who lived to be in their late 80's/early 90's.  They were both larger than Whitney and the only limitation they had before death (besides dementia in the latter years) was that they had to walk with canes.  Whitney on the other hand has already shown signs of deteriorating health with her pre-diabetes and sleep apnea.  I don't have the answer as to why some people live long lives in spite of being morbidly obese and some die young because of being morbidly obese.  I think it's just the luck of the draw.  Unfortunately, I know many thin people with diabetes as well as bad hearts, kidneys, you name it.  One thing I do believe is that being morbidly obese does add to a lot of those ailments even if it isn't the direct cause of it.  The strain on your heart alone can be enough to kill you.  I can't remember if Whitney's heart tests were good or bad.  The fact that she got so winded just crossing the street should be a huge red flag for her that she is far from completely healthy.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, swankie said:

I had 2 morbidly obese great aunts who lived to be in their late 80's/early 90's.  They were both larger than Whitney and the only limitation they had before death (besides dementia in the latter years) was that they had to walk with canes.  Whitney on the other hand has already shown signs of deteriorating health with her pre-diabetes and sleep apnea.  I don't have the answer as to why some people live long lives in spite of being morbidly obese and some die young because of being morbidly obese.  I think it's just the luck of the draw.  Unfortunately, I know many thin people with diabetes as well as bad hearts, kidneys, you name it.  One thing I do believe is that being morbidly obese does add to a lot of those ailments even if it isn't the direct cause of it.  The strain on your heart alone can be enough to kill you.  I can't remember if Whitney's heart tests were good or bad.  The fact that she got so winded just crossing the street should be a huge red flag for her that she is far from completely healthy.

For me, its the fact that....at her size Whitney must be in physical pain.

I'm in the middle of losing about 20 pounds I gained while studying for the bar.  When I first started to run again, I noticed just how much more painful it was.  It wasn't that I couldn't run, but so many things hurt.  My calves were ON FIRE all the time, my hamstrings would hurt, my lower back would be sore, my gluts hurt more than normal (I have priformis on my left side, so there is always some pain).  Everything just...hurt.

As I've started to lose the weight (knock on wood)....I've noticed that things are hurting a lot less when I run.

I know that when you run you put a certain amount of weight on your body due to the force of the impact.  But at Whitney's size, just walking and moving around must put a lot of impact on her body.  And she must be in pain a lot of the time.   I remember watching My 600 Pound Life, and almost everyone would just say that they were in pain from walking or moving.  And thats not fabulous.  Thats not a great quality of life in your early 30's.

Yes, there are the heart issues, the pre-diabetes issues.  But I guess if you're in denial, you can just sort of forget about those things....but you can't forget about being in pain all the time.

I think that the scooter is just so sad, yes, she wretched her back.....but I bet there was a part of her that was relieved to have the scooter in the parade because it probably would have hurt to have to walk and dance the entire thing.   Of course Whitney was able to manage to "dance" with a messed up back because she has a pathological need for attention -- so it was probably worth the pain.  

• Love 5

I'm sure she was happy to get the scooter.  There was no way she could have walked the parade without some type of assistance. She may have thought she could,  but no way. I wonder how it would have played out if she hadn't have had the scooter?  I'm sure it would have pissed her off that the girl in her class who is closer to her size was able to walk it when she couldn't.  

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I'm sure she was happy to get the scooter.  There was no way she could have walked the parade without some type of assistance. She may have thought she could,  but no way. I wonder how it would have played out if she hadn't have had the scooter?  I'm sure it would have pissed her off that the girl in her class who is closer to her size was able to walk it when she couldn't.  

I don't think so and maybe that was part of the reason she was so sour faced.  The scooter just justifies the fact that her mobility is starting to limit itself (be it her back or what not).  It's poking holes in the lies that Twit is telling herself that you can be obese and still be able to do all that people in a decent weight range can do.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, swankie said:

People keep misquoting me here (not you Swankie). I didn't say morbidly obese people; I said there is no evidence that just being moderate obese shortens your life. Whitney is beyond moderately obese. It was in response to a post from a medical professional who said its not possible to be healthy while being at all obese and that every obese person has fat squishing their lungs. I am obese right now, have seen my own lung x-ray and had a pulmonary doctor tell me my lungs are fine. My issue is when it goes from Whitney is morbidly obese and seems to have health issues, to anyone even a little overweight has lungs drowning in fat. There is a difference. In my case, I wish I was thin and I have lost 60 pounds in the last year and a half. I don't find it helpful or correct to keep harping on the fact that I should be one way or another. I don't think Whitney wants to be fat; I think she has accepted that she is. Like many fat people, she is doing the one step forward, two steps back thing. She went back to the trainer to exercise, then threw her back out and couldn't walk in the parade. I believe she was embarrassed and upset at herself and the situation. Doesn't make her a bad person to me, makes her human.

In general, I find her to be immature and too silly for my taste, but that has nothing to do with her weight. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

She mentioned during the show that she was reluctant to use the scooter because she knew what people would think of seeing her use it instead of walking.

She mentions a lot of things. Like how PCOS is making her fat; she mentions that at least 10 times each episode.

• Love 4