Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Spread Thin

• Start Topic

I've been around a long time and been around quite a few morbidly obese people and I've never once heard anybody yell out rude and hurtful things. I'm sure people talk or laugh sometimes. Maybe even stare or talk shit privately. But to yell out takes balls that most people don't have because most people know that the rest of us will not think it's cute. And I don't mean the friends of the obese person. I mean most strangers wouldn't think it's cool. The person would get some serious dirty looks. That is why I think the leprechaun comment was set up by tlc, just like the shamu thing. I also have a hard time believing that all of those people shown laughing, were laughing at her. They're at a parade having fun for fuck's sake. All of life isn't about Twitney. 

Furthermore, in Charlotte, Twitney is probably worshipped because she's a local celebrity. I'm sure a bunch of people were happy to see her. This show acts like she's an unknown fat girl. She's a celebrity now.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I've been around a long time and been around quite a few morbidly obese people and I've never once heard anybody yell out rude and hurtful things. I'm sure people talk or laugh sometimes. Maybe even stare or talk shit privately. But to yell out takes balls that most people don't have because most people know that the rest of us will not think it's cute. And I don't mean the friends of the obese person. I mean most strangers wouldn't think it's cool.

Wow, you have been AROUND fat people, huh? Let me tell you something, I do agree that the person insulting \Whitney was probbaly fake, but things like that happen all the time. As a fat person myslef (250 lbs) I get a lot of hate. Yes, verbally, not only stares etc. And what I will nevewr forget, when I was 81 kilos (170 lbs), I got yelled at "You have fat legs!" in fornt of a lot of people. Back then I actually thought of myself as fat, so I just went to pieces. People dont care, people spew hate, that is just the way it is. Whitneys show probably just wanted to show the reality of this. Even if they had to stage it.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, PhereNicae1 said:

Wow, you have been AROUND fat people, huh? Let me tell you something, I do agree that the person insulting \Whitney was probbaly fake, but things like that happen all the time. As a fat person myslef (250 lbs) I get a lot of hate. Yes, verbally, not only stares etc. And what I will nevewr forget, when I was 81 kilos (170 lbs), I got yelled at "You have fat legs!" in fornt of a lot of people. Back then I actually thought of myself as fat, so I just went to pieces. People dont care, people spew hate, that is just the way it is. Whitneys show probably just wanted to show the reality of this. Even if they had to stage it.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I sort of agree with @Nowhere -- I have never experienced someone just yelling rude comments to a person who is obese/overweight.  It just seems so strange, I know that a lot of people will shit talk behind the back of an obese person.....but it seems to require some weird level of commitment to assholery to actually roll down your window, think up an asshole comment and let 'er rip.

Most people I know of, been around, or heard of tend to keep their strong opinions to themselves.  Will someone sit in the comfort of their car and make a comment to their passenger?  Sure.  But to actually yell out the window to someone on the street? Seems odd.

Either way -- it sucks that you have to deal with that :(

• Love 19
(edited)

Can't get out of the shower without help, can't get across the street and back with a bag of bagels without being winded, 25 blocks on a bike throws your back out, simply standing upright on skis is impossible, and you cap your nights off with a mask to keep you alive when you sleep. If that doesn't say "come get some of this fat, fab life," I don't know what does. 

Flopping down to show the vast expanse of spandex-clad rocky flesh road of the "BEG" area was cringeworthy. Would have had second-hand embarrassment if I cared even a little for Whitney. But since I didn't like her even in the beginning when people still thought she was so cute and bubbly, you know what it is now.

I'm waiting for Buddy's GF (not Lennie) to snap "his name is Buddy, dammit. Quit calling him Boo Bear!" one of these days. It's not some nickname that all his old friends call him, it's just another way for Whitney to make it clear everything and everyone belongs to her, period.

These F & F THs have gone from sympathetic and protective of Whitney, to straight up "this bitch is becoming an albatross around our/my neck(s)." I'm not a regular viewer, I just hate watch when I catch an episode or two - what happened to the friend who used to be at her beck and call, shaving her legs and driving miles to the beach to rub cream all over her naked body because she couldn't do it?

8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

All her conversations turn sexual. And why does she keep saying the radio world is so much different than a regular job? Aren't there still sexual harassment issues? 

Sure. Just ask Wendy Williams' husband. *sip*

7 hours ago, LunchBreak said:

I don't know why, but the thought of a grumpy ass Whit on a scooter (boa and all) made me chuckle, and not because of her size... It's just so very Whitney to put on a 'tude, and angrily roll through a parade at .25mph.

7 hours ago, mamapajama said:

She felt really self-conscious on the scooter, so decided to ride IN FRONT of the banner...in full bitch-face mode...wearing tie-dyed leggings....

These visuals are hilarious! If I hadn't seen it "live," I'd look up this clip for sure.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 14

I read that Whitney worked for a Greensboro radio station and she also said this on the show, from 2011 to 2014. Wonder why she left, to do this tv show? Also, what was she doing when she was in Korea all those years after college?

I have a feeling they're seeing us, the audience up for a breakthrough moment with Whitney where she has a clarifying moment that she needs to either go on a diet or have weight loss surgery. She's in pain a lot of the time and I really wonder how she can function 24/7. Hate to keep comparing her to Ruby, but when Ruby had her show, I don't really remember her complaining about back or knee pain. I do remember her talking about how "hacky" she was all of the time and how much she loved her life. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

Also, what was she doing when she was in Korea all those years after college?

She was an English teacher, its in her book :). She made a career there and then came back to US to basically follow her passion of dancing again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SnarkKitty said:

what happened to the friend who used to be at her beck and call, shaving her legs and driving miles to the beach to rub cream all over her naked body because she couldn't do it?

Her name is Ashley and it actually looks like she's been on a weight loss journey herself. Based on her Instagram pictures, she's lost a lot of weight. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a correlation between her getting healthy and spending less time with Whitney, though Ashley did make a brief appearance last week at the bike ride. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, DixonVixen2359 said:

The more I see Lennie, the more he reminds me of Yukon Cornelius.                                                                                                     

OMG! I'm at work and almost spit out my coffee laughing at this.  Got some side looks from my co workers.  You are so right!

• Love 4

Of COURSE Whitney couldn't resist performing with her group, even though she 1) didn't know the steps, 2) was in no condition to DO the steps with a fucked-up back, and 3) knew the group was being judged to potentially win a prize. What a goddamn narcissist. Agree with the above posters that I have never been the target of fat shaming on the street, nor been around anyone else who was. But I do know that it happens because when my Ironman husband was fat (he went from 320 lb to 180), he got yelled at all the time while exercising. If you're a man and you're working out outdoors, if you're fat you get called fat, and if you're thin you get called "f*****." The most I've ever gotten while exercising outdoors is catcalls about my "bouncing titties" (yep, that happened ON MY BIRTHDAY) and such. Moral of the story: how about fuckers just stop yelling ANYTHING about ANYONE'S bodies?!

The show has really reached new lows every week. I wonder if Whitney is fully aware of how much the show seems to be mocking her, and of how unfabulous her life has become. She doesn't really address it on social media so I have to believe that she somehow thinks this depiction is flattering. That is terrifying.

• Love 22

Love reading all the posts.  Who was the slim & trim girl in the class, the one who did the handstands with Todd?  Wonder why she is she in a larger women's dance class?  I thought maybe she might have some sort of disfigurement (not making fun of) & is there supporting the No Body Shame thing.  Maybe she is & we can't see her problem.  Maybe she's someone in the group's friend. She just seems out of place.

I agree with the poster who said how easy was it to get green T-shirts?  I'm a larger size & unlike  Twit, I want to cover up my body not expose everything to the public in a thin tank top.  Some of those gals needed a more  supportive bra.  Regarding the yelling of nasty comments, I would have thought there would have been  comments from the crowd about the Larger women dance class passing out chocolates to the crowd, esp the one gal who is about Twit's size.  I know from watching My 600 lb Life that each large person has there own limitations but that gal looked like she had no problem walking the parade.  Good for her & good for the whole class - they at least got exercise by walking & not scootering. 

I hope the Uber driver that picked Twit up had a larger car.  

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/6/2016 at 10:01 AM, Literata said:

That disconnect is what confuses me most about Whitney. If she truly thinks she can continue to do anything a smaller person can do, she's delusional. We've seen so much evidence that refutes that: skiing. Biking. And as much as she protests that she's not glorifying being fat, she's attempting to do just that: "See? I can eat tubs of ice cream on the regular -- and still do anything you can do! I've found the holy grail!"

To me, this is the best evidence of her having NPD.  She just erases information that doesn't comply with her narrative.  

11 hours ago, zoemom said:

Right, she threw her back out, but she is "magically" able to dance when they get in front of the judges stand.  She said "maybe it's my ego" - that was the first truthful statement I've heard out of her mouth. 

I could've maybe believed that she really hurt her back and needed the scooter, but not after she miraculously jumped out of it at the end of the parade.

11 hours ago, kar328 said:

I'd have to rewatch (ugh) but didn't Whitney say "see you next week" when she left the radio station? All that moaning about the early hours for a once a week gig?

Good catch!  I didn't get that, but that just underscores everything we're saying about her lack of work ethic.  

10 hours ago, QueBueno said:

Lastly, every time she says "my big girls", I cringe.  They're not your girls.

And even if they're comfortable being big, do they want to only be referred to as "big girls"?  She never calls the "the dancers" or "the girls".  Ugh.

Also, those "Irish" costumes were so cringeworthy.  The stupid little fascinator hats and suspenders?  Totally cheesey, cheap, and unnecessary.  They didn't have to wear anything "Irish" at all, and if they did, why not just green T-shirts like someone upthread suggested?

I'm additionally amazed that they've just glossed over Whitney using the CPAP machine.  She is so overweight the fat around her neck threatens to choke her at night.  This is relevant information when discussing whether someone at her size can be 'fat and fit'.

Edited by polandspring
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Love reading all the posts.  Who was the slim & trim girl in the class, the one who did the handstands with Todd?  Wonder why she is she in a larger women's dance class?  I thought maybe she might have some sort of disfigurement (not making fun of) & is there supporting the No Body Shame thing.  Maybe she is & we can't see her problem.  Maybe she's someone in the group's friend. She just seems out of place.

I agree with the poster who said how easy was it to get green T-shirts?  I'm a larger size & unlike  Twit, I want to cover up my body not expose everything to the public in a thin tank top.  Some of those gals needed a more  supportive bra.  Regarding the yelling of nasty comments, I would have thought there would have been  comments from the crowd about the Larger women dance class passing out chocolates to the crowd, esp the one gal who is about Twit's size.  I know from watching My 600 lb Life that each large person has there own limitations but that gal looked like she had no problem walking the parade.  Good for her & good for the whole class - they at least got exercise by walking & not scootering. 

I hope the Uber driver that picked Twit up had a larger car.  

My guess would be the woman has lost weight and stays in the class becaus she likes it OR joined to support a friend. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

I swear I read somewhere on this forum that a poster was in Charlotte for the parade and she was in the scooter seemingly pissed the entire time.

It was sparkleglittergirl's  post. I hope it's OK to quote an excerpt from it, since the parade was shown in this episode:

It was SO weird. There were about 10 members of the dance class walking with a banner (included her red-headed choreographer friend), and then Whitney was in a motorized scooter ahead of the banner. But here's the weird - she made no effort to interact with the crowd - didn't wave, didn't even look around. She seemed to be in some sort of argument with a producer for part of the time she was in front of us, and then was talking to her choreographer friend. No one danced, there was no music, most of them looked like they'd rather be anywhere else. I yelled "Whitney!" and she glanced my way, and that was it. She looked pissed - not at me, but as if something had gone really wrong today. I hope this weekend's story makes it into the show b/c I'd love to know what was going on.

After I yelled, her dad came over to me and said "Hi! How are you?" and was very smiley and nice. So I'm not sure if she was just having a bad day or maybe the parade wasn't what they thought it would be? It's a REALLY long parade with TONS of entries and so just walking isn't going to garner you much attention. I don't know if they weren't happy with people not knowing who they were, or if they had planned to dance and Whitney somehow got hurt (hence the scooter) or what.

• Love 10

Still waiting to see some fabulousness.....

Fake internship being fake?  Radio people agreed to be on Twit's show so they get face time to show how witty and whacky they are, even off air!  Life as a radio host is just joking around 24/7, dontcha know.  Just like a real-life episode of "Frasier".  I know the rest of you are just dying to become an intern now with your nearest radio station.  And why was Twit frog leaping the traffic when there was a crosswalk halfway down the block from her?  Was it too far for her to walk?  I know - dumb question.

If Twit had indeed bumped uglies with Buddy in the past, why was she so "embarrassed" to be naked in front of him at first?  Though she totally wasn't, really.  Only poor Buddy was embarrassed, poor thing.  And yes, bath sheets ARE a thing.  And beach towels work well too.  I've used both.  And yes, I was totally reminded of "My 600-lb Life" with the "naked in the shower" scene.  Twit might as well get used to it - she'll be on that show soon enough.

And wasn't it convenient that the crew was filming her driving right when her car decided to give up the ghost?  It's not like she needed a little drama about getting to her dance class late or anything.  Wasn't that a real nail-biter?  No wonder they didn't win the prize at the parade - the universe is against Twit and conspiring to keep her down.  It's not like only having a couple of half-assed practices before the parade was the reason they didn't do well or anything, right?

Guess they really don't have much of a budget to pay Lennie to be around much.  I, too, wondered what was eating his head during the bed scene.  So attractive, that yellow thing on his hair and her CPAP machine.  Really made for a romantic picture.  Betcha they had a LOT of dancing going on in that bed the night before, eh?

• Love 15

I'm not going to comment on Whitney's immature, unprofessional, disgusting behavior at the radio station (and the lunch) because that would be buying into the lie that the "internship" is anything approaching legitimate, rather than the crass product-placement that it is.

But let's talk about Whitney's pride in being fat, vis a vis her health.

I've been, and remain, 100% on board with the idea that it's possible for someone to be overweight and even obese while maintaining healthy cholesterol and blood sugar numbers, and being generally healthy, from a cardiovascular perspective. If Whitney wants to wave that flag, and back it up with her own normal test results, I'll stand behind her (so you won't be able to see me, *natch*) all the way.

But in this very episode we saw Whitney bemoaning the fact that her weight gets in the way of her doing the things that she wants to do, from a mobility/activity perspective.  Under those circumstances, there is no way that Whitney can say with a straight face (as she tried to do at the lunch with the radio folks) that she's happy just the way she is.  

Now let's talk about the dance crew.  Once again, Todd's been apparently doing all the teaching and choreography for "Whitney's" class, and that's just fine.  But Whitney's still shitting all over that Katie chick, and stewing at the thought that Katie's choreography might be better for (and more well-liked by) the class than her own.  Fuck you Whitney, and the Medicare-approved Scooter you rode in on!

Also, is it just me, or did that African American woman in the dance class with the big hair (the one who rode in on the Scooter at the parade) give off a cross-dressing-man vibe to anyone else?

And, speaking of the Scooter, that thing looked about ready to tip over when Whitney was doing turns on it.  I wouldn't be surprised if she had to get an specially upsized Scooter (if she were to need one long-term).

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

All I want to add right now is that Whitney's bed was gross.  Dirty, linty wrinkled sheets. Blech.

Is her bed a twin size? Or maybe it's a full.  It just looked super small with her & Lennie in it.  (Hard to remove that image from my brain.)

Did anyone else notice that Todd & Caitie both said Whit had missed  rehearsals?  On Caitie's TH she said, "the fact that she's missed the MAJORITY of our rehearsals definitely is not cool."  Just the way Caitie said it made it seem the abscences were not just due to her back.   

I wonder why Babs & Glenn weren't in this episode.  According to the poster who was at the parade, they were there.  They didn't even show them standing on the sidelines. More great editing on TLC's part.  I'm sure they weren't happy with how Whit acted on her first day of work.  Especially Babs, when she was shown reminding Whit how to sit properly on previous episode. Maybe she should have also mentioned you don't spread eagle on the floor & have coworkers rub your Beg on your first day or ever.  Babs probably had a major case of the vapors after watching that fiasco. 

• Love 17

You are not healthy if you are obese. Period. Just because your labs are normal does not take away the obesity. So stop kidding yourselves if you think otherwise.

I can't stand Whitney. She is an exploitive, loud, entitled bitch. Her obesity is GROSS. There is nothing beautiful or fab about her. TLC is just waiting for her to collapse again. I am sure she didn't want to ski or ride the bike or climb the stairs or be in a parade. These are the story lines TLC knows will create drama. They want to catch Whitney winded, falling down or passing out. I don't believe for one minute the producers care about pushing her to far.

She is an embarrassment. I cringe when I watch. That IG clip she had of Lennie making him say he loved her was so pathetic. I feel no sorrow for her. None.At.All.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

This was a St.Patrick's parade... maybe drunk people are more likely to shout out regrettable comments.

With Whitney's true personality shining through these past few weeks, I suspect that even if Whitney was 103 lbs. soaking wet, people would be inclined to shout nasty things to her. 

Bottom line?  She is asking for all the attention (good and bad) that she's getting.  Read her fb posts.  To the MasterDancer - any attention is good attention.  She needs counseling. 

7 hours ago, PhereNicae1 said:

Yeah. You have a problem with my obese friends and acquaintances? Is there some reason I can't use the word AROUND when I go out with them?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

If Twit had indeed bumped uglies with Buddy in the past, why was she so "embarrassed" to be naked in front of him at first?  Though she totally wasn't, really.  Only poor Buddy was embarrassed, poor thing.

Exactly.  I don't think she was embarrassed, but he was.  I think that tells us they never "crossed the flesh-hold."  Whew!!  We can sleep now that that has been answered.  He seems to be a gentleman.  I really like Buddy.  I think that even if they had had a physical relationship, he still would have looked away, out of respect for Whitney, and for his girlfriend.  But, then in the TH, he said it made his "butthole pucker."  That shows that the view of the back 40 was something he could have done without.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Yeah. You have a problem with my obese friends and acquaintances? Is there some reason I can't use the word AROUND when I go out with them?

you missed the point ;). Your experience is obviously a bit different, not being a fat person yourself. Just being around, especially depending of how good an observer you are, is not enough to know. So yeah, I do have a problem with your statement.

I have been shamed for being fat and for excessive hair growth (as I have PCOS and have to shave my face etc) as well..so I know it is real.

Whitney has been spat on, for crying out loud...People shame us fat people, thats what they do.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, teevee4me said:

You are not healthy if you are obese. Period. Just because your labs are normal does not take away the obesity. So stop kidding yourselves if you think otherwise.

I can't stand Whitney. She is an exploitive, loud, entitled bitch. Her obesity is GROSS. There is nothing beautiful or fab about her. TLC is just waiting for her to collapse again. I am sure she didn't want to ski or ride the bike or climb the stairs or be in a parade. These are the story lines TLC knows will create drama. They want to catch Whitney winded, falling down or passing out. I don't believe for one minute the producers care about pushing her to far.

She is an embarrassment. I cringe when I watch. That IG clip she had of Lennie making him say he loved her was so pathetic. I feel no sorrow for her. None.At.All.

It depends on how you view being healthy. If you view it as how people look, then no obese person can be healthy. Doctors view health as being able to do everyday activities, have normal blood pressure, and blood sugar and no diseases. I don't think Whitney is healthy at her extreme weight but that doesn't mean some obese people are not healthy. You can also be thin and unhealthy. I don't believe anyone here really cares about Whit's health-it's mostly about a general hatred of fat people which I have a problem with.  There is no medical proof that being obese alone causes early death. So technically a person with moderate obesity can be healthier than a skinny person with medical issues.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, PhereNicae1 said:

you missed the point ;). Your experience is obviously a bit different, not being a fat person yourself. Just being around, especially depending of how good an observer you are, is not enough to know. So yeah, I do have a problem with your statement.

I have been shamed for being fat and for excessive hair growth (as I have PCOS and have to shave my face etc) as well..so I know it is real.

Whitney has been spat on, for crying out loud...People shame us fat people, thats what they do.

My original post was about morbidly obese people. Whether I am considered fat or not doesn't come into play. No I am not morbidly obese but I've had family members who got to that point and some friends over the years that were very close to the Whitney's stage. My weight has nothing to do with whether or not anybody yelled anything out to us, which reaches a new level. I wasn't talking about "shaming" as a broad statement and I did say that if you'll read again.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

My original post was about morbidly obese people. Whether I am considered fat or not doesn't come into play. No I am not morbidly obese but I've had family members who got to that point and some friends over the years that were very close to the Whitney's stage. My weight has nothing to do with whether or not anybody yelled anything out to us, which reaches a new level. I wasn't talking about "shaming" as a broad statement and I did say that if you'll read again.

ok, but you cannot be absolutely sure that people dont yell at them when you dont happen to be in their vicinity. I NEVER share with my frineds that somebody insulted me in public etc, because I dont want to talk about it. So my frineds probably think the same thing you think ybout your frineds not being shamed for being fat.

People more often target people who are alone, thats a simple thing. So if you were a morbidly obese person, you would know more then you know now.

• Love 3

Does her having a back owie preclude her from putting her contacts in? Or does she normally wear glasses at times?

i am only about halfway through this. Really enjoyed the whining, griping, and TMI in her work environment. "How was your first day?" "Good. I'm TIRED..."

• Love 8
(edited)

Perhaps Whitney could add plus-sized terrycloth bathrobes to the fashion she is selling on-line. Or at least get one herself to keep handy in the event she needs to be rescued from the bathroom in the future. Poor Buddy!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, PhereNicae1 said:

Moving back to the topic of Twitney, when was she spat on?  I don't recall that.  Yes, she has been called names which I am thinking it's TLC fixed but Twit herself is a major fat shamer calling her Boo bear "fat" and making fun of him in his too small swimsuit.  

In my personal opinion, Twit's no BS is basically don't body shame Twit, everyone else is fair game. 

• Love 18
16 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

I try not to succumb to conspiracies and suspicions too often, but I have to call bullshit on the guy who called out, "I've never heard of a fat leprechaun!"  It sounded exactly like the guy who yelled, "Who let Shamu out?" last season.  $100 says that it was the same TLC production assistant yelling just off camera both times.

Reminded me of the random shoutouts like that in "Trailer Park Boys," voiced off camera by the guy who played Bubbles. So I won't take that bet!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Moving back to the topic of Twitney, when was she spat on?  I don't recall that.  Yes, she has been called names which I am thinking it's TLC fixed but Twit herself is a major fat shamer calling her Boo bear "fat" and making fun of him in his too small swimsuit.  

In my personal opinion, Twit's no BS is basically don't body shame Twit, everyone else is fair game. 

Well it was in her book, I think the whole story of her life really explains a lot of her now-personality. I have a great deal of sympathy for her based on the book...

She didnt shame Boo bear though, I know what you mean but thast not shaming. She wasnt being malicious. She wouldnt mind if her frineds just stated the obvious fact of her being fat..

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, PhereNicae1 said:

ok, but you cannot be absolutely sure that people dont yell at them when you dont happen to be in their vicinity. I NEVER share with my frineds that somebody insulted me in public etc, because I dont want to talk about it. So my frineds probably think the same thing you think ybout your frineds not being shamed for being fat.

People more often target people who are alone, thats a simple thing. So if you were a morbidly obese person, you would know more then you know now.

But if somebody yelled at you like they supposedly did to Whitney, the people you were with would surely know it. I have never heard it happen even to strangers at the store or anywhere. And I think the reason people aren't often yelled at publicly is because somebody would yell a nasty comment right back or possibly approach the asshole who did the yelling. Therefore, I maintain that tlc faked the leprechaun and shamu name calling and I don't believe that anybody who doesn't want something yelled back at them would make such a statement. I'm not saying it's never happened in the history of mankind. I just think it's probably rare and probably not happening to a celebrity in the presence of cameras 24/7. I'm speaking as the friend or stranger standing beside you, not a fly on the wall during your personal confrontations.

Edited by Nowhere
Probably and definitely are two different things and don't belong together in a sentence.
  • Love 2

I am sure they faked (or re-enacted) the "fat leprechaun" comment because the entire comment was perfectly mic'd. They could have at least tried to make it sound organic and "far away."

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I am sure they faked (or re-enacted) the "fat leprechaun" comment because the entire comment was perfectly mic'd. They could have at least tried to make it sound organic and "far away."

Good point! Wow, they do think we're stupid, don't they?

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

But if somebody yelled at you like they supposedly did to Whitney, the people you were with would surely know it. I have never heard it happen even to strangers at the store or anywhere. And I think the reason people aren't often yelled at publicly is because somebody would yell a nasty comment right back or possibly approach the asshole who did the yelling. Therefore, I maintain that tlc faked the leprechaun and shamu name calling and I don't believe that anybody who doesn't want something yelled back at them would make such a statement. I'm not saying it's never happened in the history of mankind. I just think it's probably rare and probably definitely not happening to a celebrity in the presence of cameras 24/7. I'm speaking as the friend or stranger standing beside you, not a fly on the wall during your personal confrontations.

yeah you are probably right about the moment being staged, yes.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, PhereNicae1 said:

She didnt shame Boo bear though, I know what you mean but thast not shaming. She wasnt being malicious. She wouldnt mind if her frineds just stated the obvious fact.

She laughed at him for being barely able to squeeze into the swimsuit he put on at the ski lodge.  She may have said to the radio station people that she herself didn't mind being called "fat," but that's not what she did to Buddy. It's not as if she picked up the swimsuit he was planning to wear and said, "I think you're too fat for this size, Buddy." She mocked him for the way he looked in the ill-fitting suit. If that's not body shaming, I guess I don't understand the meaning of the term.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

She laughed at him for being barely able to squeeze into the swimsuit he put on at the ski lodge.  She may have said to the radio station people that she herself didn't mind being called "fat," but that's not what she did to Buddy. It's not as if she picked up the swimsuit he was planning to wear and said, "I think you're too fat for this size, Buddy." She mocked him for the way he looked in the ill-fitting suit. If that's not body shaming, I guess I don't understand the meaning of the term.

Exactly. As if Whitney had never worn anything that might be considered "too small" or "too tight." But nobody is allowed to say anything about that, right?

• Love 15

Well it was in her book, I think the whole story of her life really explains a lot of her now-personality. I have a great deal of sympathy for her based on the book...

She didnt shame Boo bear though, I know what you mean but thast not shaming. She wasnt being malicious. She wouldnt mind if her frineds just stated the obvious fact of her being fat..

I have no sympathy for her, sorry. As for her book, I have not read it but I don't believe alot of what she says.  She likes to exaggerate and lie. 

Still maintaining she was pretty mean to Buddy.  She could have been nice and said: "Boo bear, your swimsuit looks a bit on the smaller size. Do you have anything else?"  Instead she was really laughing on how much weight he has gained and how tiny the swim shorts were and his butt was hanging out. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Of COURSE Whitney couldn't resist performing with her group, even though she 1) didn't know the steps, 2) was in no condition to DO the steps with a fucked-up back, and 3) knew the group was being judged to potentially win a prize. What a goddamn narcissist. Agree with the above posters that I have never been the target of fat shaming on the street, nor been around anyone else who was. But I do know that it happens because when my Ironman husband was fat (he went from 320 lb to 180), he got yelled at all the time while exercising. If you're a man and you're working out outdoors, if you're fat you get called fat, and if you're thin you get called "f*****." The most I've ever gotten while exercising outdoors is catcalls about my "bouncing titties" (yep, that happened ON MY BIRTHDAY) and such. Moral of the story: how about fuckers just stop yelling ANYTHING about ANYONE'S bodies?!

The show has really reached new lows every week. I wonder if Whitney is fully aware of how much the show seems to be mocking her, and of how unfabulous her life has become. She doesn't really address it on social media so I have to believe that she somehow thinks this depiction is flattering. That is terrifying.

As I always like to say "get a good look, because the looking is free, but anymore than that and you at least have to buy me dinner!"

She has to know that the show is mocking her, but what can she do?  1) she has a pathological need for attention, and TLC gives her that, 2) who else is going to hire her once they see footage of this show, 3)  she has a shit ton of unsold "NO BS" merchandise that even fewer people will care about once she is off of TV.

Whitney is like one of those people who get cocaine for the first time and end up going on a 5 day bender.  Now that she has had a taste of attention, she is going to binge on it until she ends up in the emergency room.

• Love 13

I think the internship proved how fake this show is. If she had acted like that in a professional environment she'd be tossed out. The forcing people touching her butt? Sexual harassment much?

• Love 5

Whitney obviously has control issues. I didn't understand why she didn't just get a ride to the part of the parade that the dancers were going to dance in front of the judges. She could have sat and waited for the group. Then if she wanted to direct them, introduce them or even dance a bit (like coming in at the end) she could have. There was no reason she had to ride on the scooter except for attention. I bet TLC rented that scooter. I just don't think one of the dancers went out and rented it for her. I'm not sure how the rules differ by area but I live in a retirement area and scooters are difficult to rent. There are large deposits , paperwork, and  liability (it is much harder then renting a car).  I think TLC didn't want to film the parade without Whitney in it.

Did Whitney ever see the doctor after she hurt her back? At least not on this episode. If her back hurt this bad, shouldn't she get it checked out? or is she too afraid of hearing it is due to her weight and that she is not as healthy as she thinks?

• Love 10
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

I think thats exactly what it is.  If Whitney was really about "no body shame" she wouldn't continually bring up the health issues that "cause" her to be morbidly obese.  Because, if "no body shame for everyone" is your true message, it doesn't matter why you're fat, only that you're not shamed for it.  But truly "no body shame" means "don't body shame Whitney" 

So, then a fat person is only "shamed" based on the other person's state of mind?  

I wonder how many times Whitney has claimed she has been "body shamed" by people who weren't malicious, but thought they were being helpful.

I bet a tub of ice cream that if one of Whitney's friends said she was "too fat" to wear something she wanted to wear, she would cry about how horribly they are "body shaming" her.

• Love 15

I can't even begin to imagine her ire if the lady at the ski boot rental had kindly (not maliciously) suggested that she was too fat to find boots to fit.  She'd have been screaming to heaven that she was being body shamed. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

This post is an important one.  I totally agree that Whitney's campaign is bullshit unless its all about her.  She DOES constantly make jokes at others expense that are 100% shaming. She also (as I already posted in another thread) is apparently guilty of shaming thin people too.  I read a post where someone said she had a video out there where she force feeds a cupcake to a thin woman?

Whitney has serious physical and mental problems.  I am sure that TLC is going to continue to exploit her issues this season until she implodes/explodes. That said, its ultimately Whitney's fault because she signed up for it.

She is the one who laid down at her new fake intern job on the floor and did the 600 lb Life bathroom scene.   

• Love 15