Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Spread Thin

• Start Topic

Seeing Twitney in the commercial riding the scooter reminded me of a) the folks from my 600 lb life and b) folks on people of Walmart.

She better get used to it, scooter will be part of her life more and more.

• Love 12

Guess this makes up for her bullying the woman at dance class.

Karma is a bitch Twitney, She is just like a teenage mean girl. I hate watch this show now and come here for the snark.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I am thinking she will decide she likes the convenience of the scooter, and rather than make her want to lose weight, it will serve as a handy accessory for her from now on.

I sure hope not, 'ye gods, a scooter sounds like the beginning of the end.  She is not even 40 yet!

But I'm guessing that she just gets defensive whenever anyone questions how fabulous life can be on a scooter.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/3/2016 at 9:22 PM, greekmom said:

She better get used to it; scooter will be part of her life more and more.

That disconnect is what confuses me most about Whitney. If she truly thinks she can continue to do anything a smaller person can do, she's delusional. We've seen so much evidence that refutes that: skiing. Biking. And as much as she protests that she's not glorifying being fat, she's attempting to do just that: "See? I can eat tubs of ice cream on the regular -- and still do anything you can do! I've found the holy grail!"

Not to oversimplify, and no pun intended, but she wants to have her cake and eat it, too. Saying "I don't want to fixate on calories and the scale because that's not healthy" is shorthand for "Losing weight is hard and I don't want to try."

I wonder if, away from the cameras, Glenn calls her on her BS. He obviously loves her but also seems pretty close to being over her shit. 

Edited by Literata
  • Love 15

She's such a spiteful bitch.    If I though ( Can't recall the name ) was suggesting Katie's choreography because she loved it, I would have nixed it.   Not the exact quote she said but nearly identical.         I do like how ( Can't recall his name ) basically said it was her own fault, that was pretty funny.  

7 minutes ago, PityFree said:

" not that I minded being naked in front of Buddy..." ummmmm.... He has a GF and he was doing his best to not look at you .....ugh!

Yeah her and Buddy aren't ever going to happen, his girlfriend is a lot prettier, nicer and is way better than Whitney.  

But, haha, my butthole would have puckered too.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Whitney in that scooter reminds me of the panhandle I see on the subway in nyc. The ones who wheel themselves out of one train car and then stand up as they maneuver their chair to the next car.

Whatwas the length of the parade?  Miss Priss just didn't want to walk it. She doesn't want to do any damn thing. Buddy should have left her in that bed and just found her some pee pads. Why keep putting it off?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 16
(edited)

get that the "radio world" might be a bit more casual, but not to this extent, at least not off the air.  This is uncomfortable to watch.  Regardless of how chummy she thinks they are, those radio folks are laughing at her, not with her.

What a mess of an episode.  So much to snark on.

My butt was puckering for Buddy - IMO, he should have left her in the tub.  So one towel won't fit around her - why didn't she grab a second towel so none of us would be subjected to viewing her ample backside?

Twit's so totally self-absorbed that she can't see this.  Who says they're "in love" with their job after the first day??  If I was her boss (and I know that this is not a "real job") her ass would be out of there so fast - her comments at lunch to her "superior" could easily set the station up for a sexual harassment suit.   I also found her conversation with her co-workers at lunch interesting, when they asked her if she dated large guys, she said no.  (eh Buddy is not large, what about Lennie?)  Does she go back to her "job" on the following day?  How did she get home once the tow truck picked up her car?   Silly me - I know the production crew hauled her back to her house, I think that whole car thing was "set-up" (no, not on MBFFL!) so Twit could dramatically walk in late to the Fat Girl Dance practice.

Speaking of Lennie, what the heck was he wearing on his head when she was leaving for work?  Looked like some type of yellow headwrap.  If the painting above her bed was done by Lennie, then yeah, Whit would definitely have to be the "bread winner. It looked like it had been painted by a five year old.  I can only imagine Glenn's horror if he watched the scene with Lennie sleeping beside her.  Hopefully Glenn won't be subjected to much more of this, as it looks like Lennie is MIA next week. 

Right, she threw her back out, but she is "magically" able to dance when they get in front of the judges stand.  She said "maybe it's my ego" - that was the first truthful statement I've heard out of her mouth. 

Edited by zoemom
  • Love 18

Can people who are employed in radio can tell me how much Twit is bullshitting in regards to “radio being casual”.  Seeing Twitney on the floor, the discussion about sex, etc. I agree with SuzyLee – they are laughing at her not with her.  Makes me think that Twit’s no BS campaign has nothing to do with people accepting other people the way they are. She is the ultimate mean girl and self hater. 

My second question to people who are in and around Twit’s area – has anyone heard her on the radio?

The shower scene: Am I watching My Big Fat Fab Life or 600 lb Life? I think she can give Penny or Pauline a run for their money from my 600 lb Life.  Looks like Buddy has pretty much had enough of her as well.  I really didn’t see a friend caring for another friend but more of  “shit I have to help her?” attitude.  And where was Lennie?  

I am wondering if Katie or whatever her name who was totally embarrassed by Twit actually suggested the scooter and funded that thing.  Why would Twitney even go into the parade on a scooter?  She should have opted out but Twit likes the attention, no matter what type of attention.

That was the crappiest dance I have ever seen.

P.S. Look like Asshat maybe may feel that the pay isn’t enough and is jumping the Twit ship?

• Love 16

So right off the bat she says, "I just got back from a bagel run so I was winded." Really? It was across the street. That's a red flag about her health, as if we didn't know already. Then the woman says, "you hurt her when you sent her across the street for bagels. Now she's injured." These radio people seem like they're making fun of her and she's welcoming it. She's getting on the floor asking for it. It's weird. Asking them to poke at her and feel her like it was a petting zoo. What the hell? It's sad that she's making a damn fool of herself. 

All her conversations turn sexual. And why does she keep saying the radio world is so much different than a regular job? Aren't there still sexual harassment issues? 

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, zoemom said:

Speaking of Lennie, what the heck was he wearing on his head when she was leaving for work?  Looked like some type of yellow headwrap.  If the painting above her bed was done by Lennie, then yeah, Whit would definitely have to be the "bread winner. It looked like it had been painted by a five year old.  I can only imagine Glenn's horror if he watched the scene with Lennie sleeping beside her.

It looked to me like a Pokemon hat. Maybe I'm wrong. Hipster idiots.

• Love 12
(edited)

The shower scene: Am I watching My Big Fat Fab Life or 600 lb Life? I think she can give Penny or Pauline a run for their money from my 600 lb Life.  Looks like Buddy has pretty much had enough of her as well.  I really didn’t see a friend caring for another friend but more of  “shit I have to help her?” attitude.  And where was Lennie?  

Greekmom that was the first thought that came to my mind as well.

I don't think Buddy was "acting", he really seemed disgusted that he had to help her get out of the shower.  This whole episode showed that her friends are getting fed (literally) up with her shenanigans - Buddy, Todd, a number of the girls in her dance class, all saying and or acting that she brought these situations on herself.  The sympathy card she's using is quicky getting old Twit, your friends and family are no longer buying in to it.

Edited by zoemom
grammar correction, plus I can pronounce analgesic
  • Love 15

These radio people seem like they're making fun of her and she's welcoming it.

I watched the episode from last week and during the interview they asked her if she would be up to being part of the "stunts" that they do on their radio show.  Twit said yes, of course.  She opened herself up to be ridiculed.   If she wasn't such a nasty young woman I would feel bad for her.  But that's never going to happen.

• Love 7

I think she just wanted to make it clear to the girlfriend that Buddy is hers, so she asks him to help her get out of the shower and then rub her down. It didn't seem like she needed too much help since he was lightly holding her hand. She stepped out of the shower by herself. He was basically just there to see her naked. Too bad for her, he didn't want to look. Is she trying to piss off his girlfriend? I wonder how she felt about that scene when she watched it.

• Love 17

How in the hey did she expect a 16-year-old car to make a three hour round-trip every day for her internship? She needs to use some of that TLC money to get a new-to-her car. 

Also it really bugs me that Whitney didn't wear the same clothing as everyone else for the parade.  I guess she wouldn't have gotten as much attention if she'd worn black tights like everyone else. *eye roll* 

• Love 14

What an episode !!  Does Whit know she was never a Rockette nor does she teach one of their dance classes? She seemed shocked they didn't win an award  since (in her mind) she joined in & saved the day. 

• Love 13

I'd have to rewatch (ugh) but didn't Whitney say "see you next week" when she left the radio station? All that moaning about the early hours for a once a week gig?

I work in a labor and delivery unit, so we're pretty casual about a lot of things (and sometimes over the line) but on your first day?? Big no no. You don't know people enough to know how far you can go, what you can say. If she had jobs that weren't weekly or short term, she'd have a better idea of workplace etiquette.

• Love 17

Two words for Buddy to get Whit for an early Christmas gift: Beach towels. 

Whit is probably begging TLC for a tricked'-out company car.

Yeah, the non-matching clothes and the boa on Whut in the parade was bothering me too, as was her gigantic ego.  

Yuck to this episode of fabulousity.

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I try not to succumb to conspiracies and suspicions too often, but I have to call bullshit on the guy who called out, "I've never heard of a fat leprechaun!"  It sounded exactly like the guy who yelled, "Who let Shamu out?" last season.  $100 says that it was the same TLC production assistant yelling just off camera both times.

I am not sure - I mean it could very well be.

There was a recent thread on Reddit asking if anyone had any experience working in Reality shows and how much was fake/real. Someone wrote that they had experience with the show (here I found the post)

"Some experience with a show that portrays a very large woman doing all kinds of active, artistic, and fun things. Some of it is actually true but they have to edit out some really crazy looks people give and even some mean comments by passerbies. They also said she was not as popular as the show made it seem as everyone was being paid to treat her affectionately and kind when really people thought of her as disgusting and ridiculous."

I think if she were just walking around in public with no cameras or doing any "stunts" or anything - people would probably look at her and maybe make a face but not say anything. I think being filmed makes people "braver" to say crap to her or yell things out. Similar to how you sometimes see people hiding behind news reporters and doing stupid crap while the reporter is live on air. 

• Love 14

I will never understand why Whitney had to lay on the ground to explain that the part of the body she was talking about was her upper back hip.  Call me crazy, Whitney, but we can see your upper hip when you are standing up.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, zoemom said:

What a mess of an episode.  So much to snark on.

My butt was puckering for Buddy - IMO, he should have left her in the tub.  So one towel won't fit around her - why didn't she grab a second towel so none of us would be subjected to viewing her ample backside?

Twit's so totally self-absorbed that she can't see this.  Who says they're "in love" with their job after the first day??  If I was her boss (and I know that this is not a "real job") her ass would be out of there so fast - her comments at lunch to her "superior" could easily set the station up for a sexual harassment suit.   I also found her conversation with her co-workers at lunch interesting, when they asked her if she dated large guys, she said no.  (eh Buddy is not large, what about Lennie?)  Does she go back to her "job" on the following day?  How did she get home once the tow truck picked up her car?   Silly me - I know the production crew hauled her back to her house, I think that whole car thing was "set-up" (no, not on MBFFL!) so Twit could dramatically walk in late to the Fat Girl Dance practice.

Speaking of Lennie, what the heck was he wearing on his head when she was leaving for work?  Looked like some type of yellow headwrap.  If the painting above her bed was done by Lennie, then yeah, Whit would definitely have to be the "bread winner. It looked like it had been painted by a five year old.  I can only imagine Glenn's horror if he watched the scene with Lennie sleeping beside her.  Hopefully Glenn won't be subjected to much more of this, as it looks like Lennie is MIA next week. 

Right, she threw her back out, but she is "magically" able to dance when they get in front of the judges stand.  She said "maybe it's my ego" - that was the first truthful statement I've heard out of her mouth. 

I swear I read somewhere on this forum that a poster was in Charlotte for the parade and she was in the scooter seemingly pissed the entire time.

• Love 11
(edited)
32 minutes ago, kar328 said:

I work in a labor and delivery unit, so we're pretty casual about a lot of things (and sometimes over the line) but on your first day?? Big no no. You don't know people enough to know how far you can go, what you can say. If she had jobs that weren't weekly or short term, she'd have a better idea of workplace etiquette.

Exactly - day one?  It takes me a long time to feel people out on a team; even then, there's usually that one person (or more) you know you can't totally trust. It's part of any office life, but I don't think Whit has been in any kind of adult work situation for an extended period. Maybe I'm wrong, but she certainly doesn't act like she has.

Speaking of he internship... ugh.  It was so awkward watching her cross that huge thoroughfare for bagels, or as the they called it: playing frogger. The lying on the ground was interesting.  I really feel like she'd be the mean girl talking shit about fat people if she were thin.  She's nasty and clearly doesn't realize that she's not one of the overgrown cool kids; she's the butt of their jokes.

12 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

I swear I read somewhere on this forum that a poster was in Charlotte for the parade and she was in the scooter seemingly pissed the entire time.

I don't know why, but the thought of a grumpy ass Whit on a scooter (boa and all) made me chuckle, and not because of her size.  It's because of her self-absorbed nature.  She's almost stunted when it comes to behaving like an adult. We see it in so many of her interactions and situations.  It's just so very Whitney to put on a 'tude, and angrily roll through a parade at .25mph.

Edited by LunchBreak
Multiple grammar edits due to general cough syrup intoxication
  • Love 13

I haven't seen the episode yet (on the west coast) but the description of Whitney getting on the floor to show her coworkers her back reminds me of what my best friend from college had to learn when she joined the workforce. She was the type of girl who would play dumb or do embarrassing things intentionally because it made everyone laugh, and she gained a lot of acceptance and friends because of her carefree attitude while we were in college. When she joined the workforce (as a doctor) she tried to do the same thing to make friends with her new doctor buddies and she quickly learned that this made them lose all respect for her. And, as a black woman working the south, she was already on thin ice with people's perception of her intelligence. She had to eventually change hospitals and radically adjust the way she interacted with her co-workers.

Whitney should have learned the same thing back in her early 20s. Typically, you can't act around your co-workers in the same way you would your best friends. Even if they're all young and extroverted. You always have to maintain some level of professionalism, especially if you have some characteristics that often get judged negatively (obesity in Whitney's case). Overall, in all aspects of her life that we've seen, Whitney acts like she hasn't grown or matured since college. No career growth, lack of understanding of what makes a good romantic relationship, an entitled attitude toward her parents' time and attention, etc.

• Love 14

I did feel bad for Whitney because she hurt her back. I have severe back problems and they make me grumpy too. As far as saying her back doesn't hurt if she danced for a few minutes-I disagree with that too. I have spinal stenosis, four bulging discs, and a torn knee. I can walk or even dance for about 15 minutes before the pain becomes unbearable and my leg goes numb. Should I be able to walk, run, dance more than I do? There just isn't a "should". I can't. And I have gone to doctors, had injections, PT, meds etc. All that was to say it is possible to go to doctors and do what they suggest, then bend the wrong way and be in agony. I also don't see any value in making fun of the way Whitney looks or comparing her to animals etc. Just my opinion.

I have never worked in radio but Whitney and the whole team acted kind of unprofessional. Who stares out the window and watches and comments on how somebody crosses the street? None of these people acted professional to me. 

If Todd or Catie had been teaching dance steps to the group, they sure didn't learn them at all. The entire group dance was chaotic and awful. I don't know if it was all Whitney's fault or they are just generally bad. And I do feel bad when people make fun of those on mobility scooters. I have never had to use one, but I don't know what the future might bring. People of all sizes can have difficulty walking. Not to say Whitney doesn't need to lose weight, of course she does. And people need to stop drinking to excess, stop doing drugs and stop smoking, but they don't get made fun of and compared to whales or tomatoes. 

• Love 10

I was a big fan of Howard Stern for years (until I had to pay to listen). I think, for shows like Stern's, there is a lot of leeway about what gets talked about. I think they could have had the conversations we saw, but later, after she was an integral part of the show like Gary Dell'Abate or Steve Grillo, the intern. Not on her first freakin' day. I had to look away when she got down on the floor. Jeez. Has she no self-pride?

For some reason, I didn't even connect that her back went out but then she was ready to hop out of the scooter like she was at Lourdes. Middle age...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SuzyLee said:

I try not to succumb to conspiracies and suspicions too often, but I have to call bullshit on the guy who called out, "I've never heard of a fat leprechaun!"  It sounded exactly like the guy who yelled, "Who let Shamu out?" last season.  $100 says that it was the same TLC production assistant yelling just off camera both times.

I thought the exact same thing! Shamu guy and leprechaun guy were the same person.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, M.F. Luder said:

Overall, in all aspects of her life that we've seen, Whitney acts like she hasn't grown or matured since college. No career growth, lack of understanding of what makes a good romantic relationship, an entitled attitude toward her parents' time and attention, etc.

Yes, she is stuck around age 19 or so.  A bubbly personality, (which is what I thought about Twit in the first couple of episodes of season one,) is great, but that is not Twit.  She is spoiled, self-centered, immature, and a bully.  She bullies and manipulates her friends, her parents, especially her mother, and Boo Bear.

I am so glad that Will seems to call her out, and tell her the truth.  I am glad that he is not being made a fool of, or compromising himself, professionally..

• Love 14
(edited)

Did Whitney really say she was "suckered" into last week's community bike ride? WTF?                                                                      The more I see Lennie, the more he reminds me of Yukon Cornelius.                                                                                                     Loved how Buddy had zero fucks to give about Whitney's blubbering. He looked almost disgusted having to deal with her naked ass.                                                             Tal, Todd, Glen and Buddy are the real stars of this show. 

Edited by DixonVixen2359
  • Love 14
(edited)
18 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I thought the exact same thing! Shamu guy and leprechaun guy were the same person.

We've stumbled upon Lennie's off-screen job.

I just made it through the rest of the episode. Whitney really thought she was going to get a medal for that crutches-shedding, chariots of fire parade moment..  Nope. It was mostly cringeworthy.  She could have let Todd and the group go without her, but that would entail some sort of selflessness.  As she summed up the series, "maybe it's my ego."

Edited by LunchBreak
  • Love 13

They would have looked better without her.  She did not know the steps, was compromised by her back pain, and did not match the others.  She wears leggings EVERY DAY.  She must have black ones.  Her ego would not let her sit it out, even though she admitted she did not know the steps.  She cares more for herself than for anyone else. 

Lennie is still hanging in there.  Her FB buddies are lamenting the fact that we haters are calling him an actor.  Her brother came to Lennie's defense, saying what a great guy he is. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I was surprised that TLC didn't rig it so Twit's group would win the trophy.  After all the Twit said "her back was hurting her so much more" after her "dance" and that "winning a trophy would ease the pain" she was enduring.  I also found it interesting that the Big Girls Dance group really got it together and gave a pretty cohesive dance routine when they were in front of the judges.  Before the parade began (and even at the practice) they showed no sign of having any type of routine worked out. Then "magically" the Twit is able to rise out of her scooter and participate.  IMO, she's using her so called "back injury" as another excuse to get out of anything that may cause her to be accountable for her actions.  From next weeks preview, it sounds like Will isn't going to put up with any of this BS.

The more I see Lennie, the more he reminds me of Yukon Cornelius.

Exactly.  Except Yukon Cornelius was loveable.  Lennie, not so much.

Did Whitney really say she was "suckered" into last week's community bike ride?

Yep - "suckered".  Twit, just say no, but then there wouldn't be a show to bolster your giant ego if you did.   I wonder what will happen to the Twit once TLC (and MBFFL's audience) grows tired of watching this spoiled, self-centered, immature bully?  Her behavior is really getting old - even her friends are beginning to see (and are getting tired) of her crap.

Edited by zoemom
needed to add a few more cents worth...
  • Love 10

OMG, excellent comments already, not much I can add, but here are a few things:

Did I hear her blame throwing her back out on that 2.5 mile bike ride, which she got "suckered into"?  That's all it took?  So much for being in such good shape if that's all it takes to hurt yourself that much.  I agree, she never would have walked that parade without the scooter, back or no back problem.  She would have worn holes in her leggings and gotten wicked "chub rub" long before the end even if she could walk it.

It was so obvious that those radio people were making fun of her - The comments were tame on camera but I could just imagine what was said after she left.  And she was oblivious to it, as usual.

It's really getting more obvious with every episode how much worse she looks this year than last.  It's not just that she's not coping as well physically.  It's showing on her face.  She looks 5 years older this year than last.  Her complexion is pasty and her expression tired.  At first I thought the short haircut was cute but now I see the thinning showing around her part area.  Last week I said the scooter was maybe 5 years away and here she was already on it in the very next episode.  Todd is right that she's descending downhill pretty fast.

I got the impression from Buddy that his reaction to her wasn't just about being repulsed by her physically, but I think he's sort-of done with her emotionally too.  He still cares about her but only because he wants what's in her best interest.

She was pissed having to ride the scooter because she knows it will expose her as not being the poster child for being fit and fat.  She didn't get that bad back and that scooter for any other reason than her weight, and she knows the rest of the world, especially the TV audience, is going to know it.  Too bad, Whitney, we already know it, scooter or not.  We're not buying your BS either way.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, mamapajama said:

Lennie is still hanging in there.  Her FB buddies are lamenting the fact that we haters are calling him an actor.  Her brother came to Lennie's defense, saying what a great guy he is. 

Sorry FB pals.  I'm going to need to see signs of life from Lennie himself. I guess his personality could be hidden in the beard, along with snacks, expired coupons and lint.  

• Love 16