Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

The bears are back, advertising tp that is perforated in a wavy pattern. Evidently it annoyed some people when the tp didn’t tear straight across and that is solved by making the perforation wavy. I am not one of those people.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
7 hours ago, ebk57 said:

I agree that's annoying.  But I'm talking about actual screaming.  The woman in the Jacuzzi commercial screams when she sees her new, prefect shower.  The woman in the phone commercial screams when the guy proposes.  If I'm not paying attention (and I try not to pay attention to commercials), I'm startled and a bit alarmed when I hear people suddenly screaming on my TV like they're being attacked or something. 

The worst for me is the woman who shrieks in the junk hauling ad then dances around like she has fire ants in her pants.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

When the woman shrieked over the proposal in the phone commercial, my father sarcastically said, "I guess that's a no."  I told him she was screaming because she realized her boyfriend had actually been replaced by the AI they feature in the commercial.

• LOL 5

Alas, I think we are stuck with Martha until open enrollment is over in December. I know people enroll in Medicare 365 days per year when they are eligible and thus we have Medicare ads all year, but they seem to bring out Martha for open enrollment. 🤮

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
20 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

The worst for me is the woman who shrieks in the junk hauling ad then dances around like she has fire ants in her pants.  

I thankfully haven't seen that one...yet.  Thanks for the warning. 

• Like 3

There is an ad for some Medicare supplement featuring two women calling and talking to the rep about the supplement. The one who's sitting has the phone in her hand on speakerphone, and the woman who's standing grabs the phone from her and takes over the conversation. Like wtf woman. It's on speakerphone. You can hear just fine and talk as well. Try grabbing my phone out of my hand and you'll need some medical attention. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
37 minutes ago, Stevie Nicks said:

There is an ad for some Medicare supplement featuring two women calling and talking to the rep about the supplement. The one who's sitting has the phone in her hand on speakerphone, and the woman who's standing grabs the phone from her and takes over the conversation. Like wtf woman. It's on speakerphone. You can hear just fine and talk as well. Try grabbing my phone out of my hand and you'll need some medical attention. 

That commercial cracks me up. I think the 2 women are a hoot. The ad is for Aetna.

• Like 4

The commercial with the kid talking about how on Halloween he gets Kit Kats for free. I don’t really know why it irritates me. Maybe it’s something about the kid’s voice? Regardless, I find myself gritting my teeth.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

The commercial with the kid talking about how on Halloween he gets Kit Kats for free. I don’t really know why it irritates me. Maybe it’s something about the kid’s voice? Regardless, I find myself gritting my teeth.

Same. I don't know why. Maybe because he sounds so phony?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, AgathaC said:

I like the Dad's response. "You're 8. All your Kit Kats are free." ☺️

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
On 10/17/2023 at 9:10 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Ooooooh, god damn it, I thought that the annoying-voiced Febreze lady who says that her shoes smell “frash” had retired or something equally lucky for me, but she’s back with a vengeance lately and I hate her.

That reminds me of the Febreze commercial with the Hispanic (or some kind of Italian) family in which the housewife makes these obnoxious expressions of approval on her face as her husband dowses the house.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, AgathaC said:

He annoys me too, but then I feel bad; he's a little kid who digs Halloween. Or as he says at the end, "Hal-o-wEEn!" (even though that is not his pronunciation at the beginning). It might be the pitch of his voice that bugs me. It's practically a whistle!

It reminds me of another candy commercial in which the narrator first says "caramel" (the 3-syllable way) and later "carmul" (ick). Why both? To avoid the ire of people (like me?) disagreeing on the correct way?

• LOL 5
On 10/18/2023 at 11:52 PM, jcbrown said:

I like that she rescues dogs and that she is relentlessly positive

The rescue dogs, that's great, but relentlessly positive?  Ugh!  Plus she's friends with Perez Hilton and that's an automatic black mark.  And referring to anyone who doesn't like that horrible jingle a hater is another one.

23 hours ago, jcbrown said:

The Medicare advantage commercial where the man drones on and the robotic female voice repeats "Medicare tip: check your zip" FIVE TIMES is deeply irksome.

All Medicare commercials are terrible.  I try to change the channel when I see one.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
23 hours ago, jcbrown said:

The Medicare advantage commercial where the man drones on and the robotic female voice repeats "Medicare tip: check your zip" FIVE TIMES is deeply irksome.

Then there's the one where they run the entire same obnoxious 30 second spot back to back.

• Like 4

There is an Xfinity ad that bugs me and makes me sad. This older kid is talking to some younger kids about how lucky they are to be able to watch live sports whenever they want. He's a really nice kid and the other kids are so snotty and dismissive towards him. And mom just sits there and says nothing.

Another kid that I'd like to smack is the little girl in the Kings Hawaiian buns commercial, just dumping ketchup and mustard by the gallon all over this tiny slider. Hey kid, we don't waste food like that!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

There is an Xfinity ad that bugs me and makes me sad. This older kid is talking to some younger kids about how lucky they are to be able to watch live sports whenever they want. He's a really nice kid and the other kids are so snotty and dismissive towards him. And mom just sits there and says nothing.

Those kids act snotty and dismissive while someone's mother silently sits there in another one where they're watching Adams Family, Mandalorian, and The Office while cosplaying for the show.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Those kids act snotty and dismissive while someone's mother silently sits there in another one where they're watching Adams Family, Mandalorian, and The Office while cosplaying for the show.

That one isn't as bad as the sports one. They are degenerate little assholes.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 10/21/2023 at 8:10 PM, Ghost of TWOP Past said:

They're getting worse! I really do not want to hear about "gushing" periods while I'm trying to eat my lunch! 

Not even during the weather report? 🤢

Edited by Gharlane
  • LOL 8
On 10/19/2023 at 9:58 AM, jcbrown said:

As a Brit, the use of "zip" here has me scratching my head.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

zip refers to USPS zip codes, different areas of the country. Different areas have different policies available, from what I understand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, Ancaster said:

Shortand (which I've never heard outside of the commercial) for zip code, which is our equivalent of your postcode.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, chessiegal said:

zip refers to USPS zip codes, different areas of the country. Different areas have different policies available, from what I understand.

52 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Shorthand (which I've never heard outside of the commercial) for zip code, which is our equivalent of your postcode.

Yes, thanks guys.  I did know that use of zip (live in the States).  I should have said something like "The use of zip made me do a double take".

"Check your zip" in the UK could suggest check your fly/flies.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, Ancaster said:

Yes, thanks guys.  I did know that use of zip (live in the States).  I should have said something like "The use of zip made me do a double take".

"Check your zip" in the UK could suggest check your fly/flies.

Yes, like @Bastetsaid, I've always heard, read and referred to them as zip codes, not just zip or zips!

• Like 4
On 10/20/2023 at 10:37 PM, bjoh249 said:

Pepto bismol. This one has been annoying for a long time. We know where diarreah comes from

it seems like when those ads first came out, they cut away just before the slap on the butt for diarrhea. Now we get the slap on the butt.

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 4
On 10/21/2023 at 5:10 PM, Ghost of TWOP Past said:

They're getting worse! I really do not want to hear about "gushing" periods while I'm trying to eat my lunch! 

Or any other time!  We know what periods are; why do they have to be so graphic?

And then there's the in-your-face diaper poo commercials and the deodorant "doctor" who takes up the whole teevee screen hawking her anti-stink crap.

• Like 10

Popeye’s is getting on my damn nerves with their commercials. All the examples of things that don’t make sense don’t NOT make sense.

Which I guess could make sense in the not-making-sense theme? But I really doubt they intended to make sense by way of not making sense. Anyway…

It’s like they thought the tagline of “we don’t make sense, we make chicken” was so hilarious that they had to use it, regardless of whether or not they could effectively pull it off. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Popeye’s is getting on my damn nerves with their commercials. All the examples of things that don’t make sense don’t NOT make sense.

Which I guess could make sense in the not-making-sense theme? But I really doubt they intended to make sense by way of not making sense. Anyway…

It’s like they thought the tagline of “we don’t make sense, we make chicken” was so hilarious that they had to use it, regardless of whether or not they could effectively pull it off. 

Maybe they could have tied in a chicken with it's head cut off?  LOL.

2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Oh good lord, do not give them any ideas. 

Also, and semi-related, I really miss biscuits from Popeye's. Sometimes I am tempted to ignore my veganness and eat them. Oh my goodness, I want 'em!

They have great biscuits for a chain.  I miss their Cajun rice.

On 10/24/2023 at 11:26 AM, dleighg said:

it seems like when those ads first came out, they cut away just before the slap on the butt for diarrhea. Now we get the slap on the butt.

I hate the way they sing diarrhea in all the versions, making it sound like something you'd really want to have

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Two commercials that are making me annoyed, irritated and outright enraged right now. First off, you have Anthony Anderson telling us the score about diabetes and the next minute he's hawking vodka.

The other one is for Pop Corners. Since when is it cute and funny to have characters based on a show about meth dealers shilling for snack products?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 3
On 10/18/2023 at 3:25 PM, AgathaC said:

I saw this again earlier this evening and I got the idea that perhaps Mom has a Kit Kat for a Chore deal with the kid that Dad doesn't know about. Kid's Kit Kats *aren't* free if he has to do a chore to earn one.  Dad & Mom need to communicate better about child rearing.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I saw this again earlier this evening and I got the idea that perhaps Mom has a Kit Kat for a Chore deal with the kid that Dad doesn't know about. Kid's Kit Kats *aren't* free if he has to do a chore to earn one.  Dad & Mom need to communicate better about child rearing.

Wow. That's a lot to read into a commercial.

• Like 2
  • LOL 12