Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Key rules:  Stay on topic; go to Small Talk with things not about commercials; be civil; no politics. 

• Start Topic

She walks like she is afflicted with lordosis, a deformity of the spine.  I think it is just an affectation, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis

Are they still running that same commercial of her?  Goodness!  They really got their money's worth.  I know if I ever get mild to moderate plaque psoriasis, I'll at least have a model thats just like me :)

Why does Samsung think I'd want one of their new phones because some moronic, unintelligible thug has one? And then this same asshole goes to the store, buys one beer and pours it all over his phone.

I didn't know that was Lil Wayne (but I have heard of him.  Go, me!).  My problem is that I can't understand why Samsung thinks people can relate to someone so rich he can trash an expensive phone on a whim (over and over).  I get it's supposed to be over the top and funny, but I think it's appallingly wasteful.    

• Love 4
because then it cuts to the dad in the car and he honks the horn because the daughter's getting a little too close to her date (dad can see this is in his backup camera).

I might be dumb (or smart, being that I can back up on my own) but if someone inside the car can be seen in the backup camera, doesn't that affect the purpose of having a backup camera?

• Love 1

I didn't know that was Lil Wayne (but I have heard of him.  Go, me!).  My problem is that I can't understand why Samsung thinks people can relate to someone so rich he can trash an expensive phone on a whim (over and over).  I get it's supposed to be over the top and funny, but I think it's appallingly wasteful.    

But that's the point, he didn't trash the phone because it's teh awesome.  Of course, he is wasting champagne.

• Love 4

I might be dumb (or smart, being that I can back up on my own) but if someone inside the car can be seen in the backup camera, doesn't that affect the purpose of having a backup camera?

I don't think the dad can see himself in the backup camera.  He's by himself in the car, watching the daughter and the boyfriend who are on the front porch through his backup camera. 

• Love 1

Thug is a word I've grown to hate due to the way it's been used over the years. Especially the last 10 or so...

Yeah, it's code in certain quarters. Those quarters not being here, of course.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 4

I don't think the dad can see himself in the backup camera.  He's by himself in the car, watching the daughter and the boyfriend who are on the front porch through his backup camera. 

OHHHHHHHH, OK! That makes much more sense (though I didn't take it to mean he could see himself; I mistakenly assumed the kids were in the back seat)! Thank you!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

As I do with most Toyota commercials, I hate this one.  I could buy that he is mishearing that she's asking him if he owns a broom, etc., but why is he not acting like it's strange?  As far as he knows, she's making random non-sequiturs and he's acting like it's perfectly normal.

Or, as my husband pointed out, if we can hear them, they should be able to hear each other.

• Love 1

ANY commercial that shows people eating ice cream by way of putting the spoon in their mouths and pulling it back out through their lips with ice cream still on it! Eat it all, you assholes!

Sorry, I do this.  Most of the time, you get more ice cream (or, at this point, frozen yogurt) on the spoon than you want to eat in one bite. 

I just hate when people, like my brother, grind their teeth on the fork.  It makes *my* teeth hurt..

Edited by Joe Blow
  • Love 7

As Scarlett O'Hara pointed out: "Fiddle-dee-dee. Ashley Wilkes told me he likes to see a girl with a healthy appetite."

"What gentlemen says and what they thinks is two different things!"

"And I ain't noticing Mister Ashley askin' fer to marry you." Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 8

Sorry, I do this.  Most of the time, you get more ice cream (or, at this point, frozen yogurt) on the spoon than you want to eat in one bite. 

I just hate when people, like my brother, grind their teeth on the fork.  It makes *my* teeth hurt..

OK, well, I can understand an overestimation here and there, especially if you are trying to be neat! I will assume that you DO NOT make a weirdo blissful face with closed eyes as you extract your spoon though.

• Love 1

Equally annoying are the people who pretend to eat something. The worst offenders are the women on the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich commercials. It is so obvious they are not taking a bite of those sandwiches. Not that I blame them for not wanting to eat that crap ...

• Love 2

Why is Craig Kilborne doing commercials for Kraft macaroni and cheese? Poor thing must be really hard up for work. I've always imagined he must still be kicking himself for ever giving up The Daily Show on Comedy Central because that show really took off after he left, and nothing he's done since has been anywhere near as successful. His last show on Fox lasted only six weeks. 

• Love 3

so so true! WTH is "clean" food?

"Clean" food is all the rage apparently; I have acquaintances who talk about it ALL. the. time. Clean eating. Clean food. A clean lifestyle. Hey, if your potatoes were grown in the dirt they're not any cleaner than mine.

• Love 8

Poor thing must be really hard up for work. I've always imagined he must still be kicking himself for ever giving up The Daily Show on Comedy Central because that show really took off after he left, and nothing he's done since has been anywhere near as successful. His last show on Fox lasted only six weeks.

I imagine part of the reason it took off was because he left (specifically, because of who arrived due to his departure). So he's probably not really kicking himself that much over it, since it probably wouldn't have happened otherwise.
  • Love 7

Craig Kilborn gave up The Late Late Show too which ended up giving us all Craig Ferguson who I miss seeing 5 nights a week. Craig Ferguson's game show is in reruns so often I'm on the brink of giving up watching it. I want to see the other show he has out now too though. I've read a few times over the years that Kilborn had mental issues which I've always wondered if that's what made him disappear for so long.

• Love 3

"Clean" food is all the rage apparently; I have acquaintances who talk about it ALL. the. time. Clean eating. Clean food. A clean lifestyle. Hey, if your potatoes were grown in the dirt they're not any cleaner than mine.

It reminds me of the old Cover Girl "Clean Makeup" line. I get where they were going with that, but no, putting colored sludge on your face that will have to be washed off at the end of the day is NOT clean, even if it's hypo-allergenic-organic-free-range makeup. 

• Love 3

I just downloaded a free Kindle book on Clean Recipes.  Apparently, they don't want you to eat anything with "ingredients" - instead of a banana nut muffin, just eat a banana and a handful of nuts.  Um...no.  Just no.

<shrug> the book was free. Maybe there's one or two recipes I can use...

• Love 4

I generally like the Arby's commercials, where the narrator waxes rhapsodic over sandwiches, but the new ones, where he refers to the "Ancient Grecians" and mispronounces "gyro," are like bamboo under my fingernails.

I can't figure out if that's part of the campaign because some idiot copywriter thought "Ancient Grecians" sounded better than "Ancient Greeks." (Apparently, "Grecian" can also mean an inhabitant of Greece.)

• Love 1

I generally like the Arby's commercials, where the narrator waxes rhapsodic over sandwiches, but the new ones, where he refers to the "Ancient Grecians" and mispronounces "gyro," are like bamboo under my fingernails.

I can't figure out if that's part of the campaign because some idiot copywriter thought "Ancient Grecians" sounded better than "Ancient Greeks." (Apparently, "Grecian" can also mean an inhabitant of Greece.)

So, is Arby's going to make gyros?  That sounds like a hilarious mistake!

• Love 3

So, is Arby's going to make gyros? That sounds like a hilarious mistake!

Apparently. There are several commercials in rotation, including one where he tries different pronunciations and ends up calling them "Mediterranean tacos" (which does make me laugh).
  • Love 3

Apparently. There are several commercials in rotation, including one where he tries different pronunciations and ends up calling them "Mediterranean tacos" (which does make me laugh).

goodness, an Arby's gyro sounds like a culinary disaster!  Almost makes me wish I wasn't gluten free so I could try one.

• Love 1

I haven't seen that one yet, but now I want to.

• Love 2

{small voice}I tried one, it was pretty good. {/small voice.}

I'm never sure where the Arby's hate comes from, I think the roast beef sandwiches taste really pretty good.

• Love 10

{small voice}I tried one, it was pretty good. {/small voice.}

:)  There is nothing wrong in trying it and liking it!  I stand corrected if Arby's is making a tasty Gyro, I wouldn't have thought it possible, because the meat seems sort of difficult, as does the bread.  Kudos to them for being able to replicate the taste and deliciousness in a format that works across the country.

I'm never sure where the Arby's hate comes from, I think the roast beef sandwiches taste really pretty good.

Not Arby's hate, I think that the things that they do, they do well.  Roast Beef sandwiches with cheese on some sort of onion bun.  I like most fast food places (except Taco Bell) for what I think the do well....which is more American style fast food.  Which is tasty.  But, I always felt Gyros relied on the softness of the bread, the tanginess of the tziki (spelling) sauce and just the right amount of that delicious slow cooked meat.  I couldn't envision how Arby's could capture all of that, or how any fast food place could (except maybe for guys selling gyros out of those food carts).  I don't see how it could even be done on a large scale.

• Love 1

I have never eaten at Arby's so I really have no opinion of them either way, but my whole life I have found the food in their commercials entirely unappealing.  Especially when there are sandwiches that appear to be comprised of nothing but several inches of deli meat between two slices of bread.

I just downloaded a free Kindle book on Clean Recipes.  Apparently, they don't want you to eat anything with "ingredients" - instead of a banana nut muffin, just eat a banana and a handful of nuts.  Um...no.  Just no.

<shrug> the book was free. Maybe there's one or two recipes I can use...

That sounds like my kind of cooking!

• Love 1
(edited)

Dear god in heaven. I love Dave Annable, I do.  I even watched 666 Park Avenue.  This....  I don't know, I tried...

I ate at Arby's once. I was half way through my sandwich and pulled out the napkin to find it was covered in blood. Every since the sight of their food makes me sick.

HUZZA WHA???    Please explain...  (or maybe not - please say April Fool.  This is the one food I can eat...

Edited by Stella Rose

I watch a lot of WE TV because police procedurals, and they have a commercial on repeat for a new show called Sisters in Law, which is some kind of attorney show.  A character says to a client, "I will fight for you with every breath in my body".  It's just so incredibly hyperbolic that, even though it's a lawyer show, I won't watch it. 

• Love 1

I ate at Arby's once. I was half way through my sandwich and pulled out the napkin to find it was covered in blood. Every since the sight of their food makes me sick.

This is very disturbing!  I've never had anything like blood in an Arby's sandwich; had someone cut their finger?

I must say, though, one of my most favorite things from a grilled steak is steak JUICE (blood) on my baked potato.

• Love 2

This is very disturbing!  I've never had anything like blood in an Arby's sandwich; had someone cut their finger?

I must say, though, one of my most favorite things from a grilled steak is steak JUICE (blood) on my baked potato.

Took my reply to Small Talk.

• Love 2