Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Man, there is just no end to the stupid Chevy commercials.  Just saw one now that I think must be a newer example - the beardy dweeb and his selection of dumb real people are standing out in some desert watching a bunch of trucks drive towards them across the dunes while Beardy McDweeb asks them questions about which truck won what award or something and as the dopes call out wrong answers such as "Ford" the wrong answer trucks peel away from the approaching phalanx so that eventually only the 3 Chevy trucks are still coming toward them.  The ad ends like that, but in my fantasy imagination the 3 Chevy trucks continue driving toward the group of idiots and actually plow right through them all...

These ads are so fucking stupid it's beyond belief.  Seriously, they might as well just have created about 20 different commercials with Beardy McDweeb doing nothing but standing there literally telling his group of imbeciles they should buy Chevy trucks cuz they're good.  That's essentially what the ads consist of.  Chevy trucks are good.  Buy one.  

They really should bring back the one with the guy who says the truck is "Beefy!"

• Love 3

There's an ad for a new kind of way to measure your blood sugar. Instead of pricking your finger, you wear this thing on the back of your arm and use the other part by touching it or plugging it into the thing on your arm. Looks pretty simple. The idea is you can just check your blood sugar without stopping and do it basically anywhere. The ad features a guitar player, a guy on a bike, and one woman who used it in the most awkward way. The part is on the back of her left arm. She picks up her toddler in her left arm, then used her right hand to awkwardly reach in front of her toddler and find the piece on her arm. Wouldn't it be easier to just put the child down and check it? Or put her in the shopping cart? 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

There's an ad for a new kind of way to measure your blood sugar. Instead of pricking your finger, you wear this thing on the back of your arm and use the other part by touching it or plugging it into the thing on your arm. Looks pretty simple. The idea is you can just check your blood sugar without stopping and do it basically anywhere. The ad features a guitar player, a guy on a bike, and one woman who used it in the most awkward way. The part is on the back of her left arm. She picks up her toddler in her left arm, then used her right hand to awkwardly reach in front of her toddler and find the piece on her arm. Wouldn't it be easier to just put the child down and check it? Or put her in the shopping cart? 

I don’t understand how that device is attached to the arm. Is it just adhering to the skin or permanently attached somehow?. I’m sure Mr. Google could answer this, but it seems odd. I don’t understand the chemistry/physics of it.

• Love 4

New to this board. Two commercials I find annoying and WAY overplayed.  First, is the Fruit By The Foot commercial with the tragically screawny getting help by the FbtF to lift what looks like 10 pounds and end with him screaming "FOOOOOOOOOT!!!" as if he's a badass.

Second is the stupid Pop Tart Splits commercial with the guy saying he's going to fuse 4 Pop Tarts together with a blowtorch. 

• Love 6

Dr. Scholls: "Walking a dog can add thousands of steps to your day.  Walking this many (5 dogs on the same walker's leash) ?  That can be rough on Pam's feet, knees & lower back ..."   No, morons - it's THE SAME NUMBER OF STEPS - walking 1 dog or 5 at a time.

• Love 23
12 hours ago, LillyB said:

I hate all the General car insurance ads with or without Shaq.

I especially hate the ones where people put on the helmets.  I just saw one where a couple is getting married while wearing the helmets, gleefully unaware of how moronic they look.

• Love 12
On 9/10/2018 at 9:47 PM, Moose135 said:

Be careful, I quite literally broke the mute button on one of my remotes with a similar policy.

I replace my remotes on a regular basis, because I DVR everything, and wear out the FF button avoiding commercials.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:38 PM, BK1978 said:

Back on topic, the commercial I really hate right now is the Salmon Sisters commercial.  It is played like forty million times a day and it is on during shows of different genre's.  One could see it during a WWE commercial break and then one could see it on a commercial break for Snowfall.  I am just sick of it, I hate the sound of the sister's voices and the cutesy music that accompanies the commercial.  

"I'm Emma.  I'm Claire."

I'm stabby.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I don’t understand how that device is attached to the arm. Is it just adhering to the skin or permanently attached somehow?. I’m sure Mr. Google could answer this, but it seems odd. I don’t understand the chemistry/physics of it.

I can't even get a damn nicotine patch to stay adhered to my arm! So how this device stays put is a mystery to me as well.

• Love 7

it's THE SAME NUMBER OF STEPS - walking 1 dog or 5 at a time.

maybe not, sometimes if one has the one dog in good control, they take nice long even strides, but with 5, even with good control, there's going to be that one big dog who thinks he's the lead sled dog in the Iditarod and pulls everyone else along, and the walker has to take extra and small steps to keep him in control. 

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Flex seal glue!

Brilliant idea Tom!! Lol! I hate the Flex seal commercials. Especially the one where he removes the bottom of a tiny motor boat, flex seals the gigantic hole, then takes the boat into shark infested waters. And those sharks are very tiny little sharks!

• Love 11
19 hours ago, mmecorday said:

The woman who's so jazzed because she scored a pair of barely used Louis Vuitton shoes on some website probably doesn't realize she might be taking the heel-toe express to Foot Fungus Land.

I forgot about that commercial! It's one of my top 10 most hated. Who gives a fuck what designer label is on your shoes? Certainly NOT some hot guy that wants to have sex with you. I guarantee those used Louis Vittons are coming off before you hit the bedroom.

I have to confess I buy shoes at the Goodwill...sandals. I've never had an issue with contracting a foot fungus. I don't think the fungus can live long if there's no foot for the fungi to feed off. But that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it! Lol. I love my shoes from Goodwill!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Oh no! The Contrave commercial is back! It's geared toward women because only us gals have cravings for ice cream and french fries.

Is that the diet pill where everyone in the commercial are females? Lots of females. A sea of "overweight" females? Fuck Contrave. I'll bet it doesn't work. And Fuck Contrave again!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I can't even get a damn nicotine patch to stay adhered to my arm! So how this device stays put is a mystery to me as well.

2 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

Flex seal glue!

Staples, ya pussies!  ;-)

26 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Is that the diet pill where everyone in the commercial are females? Lots of females. A sea of "overweight" females? Fuck Contrave. I'll bet it doesn't work. And Fuck Contrave again!

I bet it makes you shit like a NYC ho'wife on vacation in Mexico.

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Staples, ya pussies!  ;-)

I bet it makes you shit like a NYC ho'wife on vacation in Mexico.

I remember (many years ago) there was an Over the counter pill that burned (allegedly) fat. One of my gf's used it and she said it didn't do it's proclaimed weight loss promise, but she did spend extra time in the crapper. And if she dared to pass gas....it was messy.  So Fuck you Contrave. Again.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I remember (many years ago) there was an Over the counter pill that burned (allegedly) fat. One of my gf's used it and she said it didn't do it's proclaimed weight loss promise, but she did spend extra time in the crapper. And if she dared to pass gas....it was messy.  So Fuck you Contrave. Again.

AKA The Shart Pill.  I remember the lawsuits.  :-D

• Love 6
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I remember (many years ago) there was an Over the counter pill that burned (allegedly) fat.

Also Olestra, whose side effects included "abdominal cramping and anal leakage," which Flex Glue (with Insta-Bond) could probably cure, too.

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Oh no! The Contrave commercial is back! It's geared toward women because only us gals have cravings for ice cream and french fries.

I double-dog-dare the makers of Contrave to make a version with guys craving "BEER!" and "BACON!"

• Love 14
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, mmecorday said:

The woman who's so jazzed because she scored a pair of barely used Louis Vuitton shoes on some website probably doesn't realize she might be taking the heel-toe express to Foot Fungus Land.

They're actually ugly-ass Louboutins.  Hideously ugly uber expensive shoes.  And very much faked.  I love Poshmark, butI don't buy anything off of it that might be fake, because it probably is.

15 hours ago, chessiegal said:

5 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I haven't seen this one yet, but it's probably part of a CGM/Insulin Pump system.  Those sensors actually have to be inserted under the skin........I'm too much of a wuss for that.

My latest annoyance is the cell phone company commercial with the stupid robot screaming "BEST DEAL EVARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!".  Makes me extremely stabby.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I feel personally insulted by this commercial.  Why only women?

Yes. Exactly. Bullseye. Nailed it. 

Maybe it's because most over weight fat ass men simply dont care that they are fat. Please note: I said MOST men. Not all.Why not just call your product "Contrived". And fuck you again Contrave. I think i just fucked you 5 times in the past 2 hours. I need to take a nap.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 12

My absolutely worst most-hated commercial of all time is "A Place for Mom" with that simpering fake-earnest Joan Lunden putting on her sad face and talking about institutionalizing your elderly MOTHER!  Not your dad, or uncle, or brother. Or any random male who may need assisted living.  

I scare the dog screaming at the TV whenever it's on, which is all the time.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

This Macy's ad disturbs me, because, although I appreciate the sentiment, the song is tone deaf.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dlcd/macys-remarkable-you-featuring-becky-hammon-song-by-no-doubt

I was hoping nobody would mention this ad with the 30 year old ancient song by Gwen Stefani. Hate the commercial, hate Gwen, hate the song, hate her  drunk husband, hate her red lips. Hate Macy's. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, smittykins said:

I double-dog-dare the makers of Contrave to make a version with guys craving "BEER!" and "BACON!"

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I Triple dog dare them! 

"BEER.  BACON.  BLOWJOBS."  That's the trifecta, is it not?

2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Only if it's moderate to severe abdominal cramping and anal leakage.

Why, oh why is every ailment described as "Moderate to Severe"?  Can we ONCE have someone claiming "Mild", or "This if fucking worse than dying" symptoms?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, spiderpig said:

My absolutely worst most-hated commercial of all time is "A Place for Mom" with that simpering fake-earnest Joan Lunden putting on her sad face and talking about institutionalizing your elderly MOTHER!  Not your dad, or uncle, or brother. Or any random male who may need assisted living.  

Well, to be fair the service is called A Place For Mom. I would be happier if it were called A Place For Family or something.

• Love 5

2 HOURS AGO, SPIDERPIG SAID:

Well, to be fair the service is called A Place For Mom. I would be happier if it were called A Place For Family or something.

Historically, women have lived years longer than men. At least those who made it past child bearing age. For men, if they made it through the wars and whatever illnesses, the day to day stress of the physical labor to support their families caused earlier deaths than women. But I haven't seen statistics in a while, that may be changing. I do see more old men out in the world now than I did as a child. But I'm 50 years out of high school and there are more widows my age than widowers. And of my parents generation, it was even more so, both my grandmothers outlived their husbands by many years, my mom lived 9 years after my dad, most of my aunts have outlived their husbands. But now, maybe the service should change their name to include mom and dad.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

Historically, women have lived years longer than men. At least those who made it past child bearing age. For men, if they made it through the wars and whatever illnesses, the day to day stress of the physical labor to support their families caused earlier deaths than women. But I haven't seen statistics in a while, that may be changing. I do see more old men out in the world now than I did as a child. But I'm 50 years out of high school and there are more widows my age than widowers. And of my parents generation, it was even more so, both my grandmothers outlived their husbands by many years, my mom lived 9 years after my dad, most of my aunts have outlived their husbands. But now, maybe the service should change their name to include mom and dad.

I appreciate your point.  Women do statistically outlive men, but the whole tone of the commercial is that the poor little woman who probably worked and probably raised a family like dad is depicted as a pitiable entity who needs to be warehoused.  And Joan Lunden's condescending delivery makes me all stabby.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

My mother was in assisted living and the population was overwhelmingly females.  Traditionally women outlived men, and that's still the case though I think the difference in life expectancy is narrowing. (We never would have gotten my father to go into an assisted living facility, so maybe that's part of it too.)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

I especially hate the ones where people put on the helmets.  I just saw one where a couple is getting married while wearing the helmets, gleefully unaware of how moronic they look.

Not to mention she is waaay out of that dude's league.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Yeah. That one pisses me off high on the Pissed Off Scale. I haven't seen it aired here lately but I know it's comin' around again. Who has that much money to pay for "A Place For Mom" cause dad is dead and had no money when he passed. Vultures...blood sucking vermin. All of these "care for the elderly" places. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Dr. Scholls: "Walking a dog can add thousands of steps to your day.  Walking this many (5 dogs on the same walker's leash) ?  That can be rough on Pam's feet, knees & lower back ..."   No, morons - it's THE SAME NUMBER OF STEPS - walking 1 dog or 5 at a time.

I can't imagine getting jerked around in five different directions is good on the feet, knees, and lower back.

20 hours ago, chessiegal said:

It's probably not the same thing exactly, but my mom had to have a device on her arm for about a week so they could monitor her blood sugar, and it was taped on.

• Love 2

But in the commercial, we clearly see that there are elderly males in these places for mom, as well as bars and bistros. So maybe these places for mom are hook-up joints. "Hey look, Mable. That geezer over there in the moth-eaten burgundy cardigan and the chinos hiked up to his armpits looks like he wants to buy you a decaf. Better strike while the iron is hot! Here, I'll take a snapshot. I have the Snap Chat on my Jitter Bug."

• Love 14
6 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Yeah. That one pisses me off high on the Pissed Off Scale. I haven't seen it aired here lately but I know it's comin' around again. Who has that much money to pay for "A Place For Mom" cause dad is dead and had no money when he passed. Vultures...blood sucking vermin. All of these "care for the elderly" places. 

You speak for me, Chenoa.  Mom is a person.  A living being.  And the spot makes it sound you like you need to find a place to park her when she becomes inconvenient.

Where I live there are plenty of places where Mom and/or Dad can move to when they're tired  of mowing the lawn and are seeking convenience and fellowship.  Not "A Place for Mom" barf/puke/ugh.

• Love 5

My two most hated at the moment. 

The Citi commercial with the bucktoothed brat and her plaintive wailing about wanting to see a whale.

The Mitsubishi commercial with the white guy rapping about the car's features, while everyone looks at him like he's lost his damn mind. 

I mute them so fast. That being said, I was watching TV with the hubby the other day, and one of the Chevy commercials with the bearded douchebag came on, and he turned to me and asked, "Do you ever get the urge to punch that smug asshole in the face?" I replied "Yes...you, me, and a gazillion other people." ;)

• Love 12

I woke up in the wee hours this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up to watch some mindless TV in hopes of falling asleep. I settled on Bewitched on Logo. I swear they ran the same 2 commercials every break, 1 for a battery operated device that pulled out pimples and 1 for a small battery device you could use to shape your eyebrows. Has market research shown that insomniacs will "call now"?

• Love 7