Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Just more proof of Duggar truth-twisting. Jeremy DID seem to want to quit soccer to focus on ministry after the disastrous season with the Red Bulls, but he ended up playing again until the team folded, FORCING his retirement. At that point, he seems to have gotten his foot in the door with this Conway guy, so he basically just had a new job to fall back on once his soccer career was over. But no, he didn't quit soccer. Soccer quit him. 

To be fair, the article towards the end, flat outright said his parents talked him into going back and taking some of the extra chances.  Which is interesting to me, because presumably they thought he shouldn't waste a promising start and whatever money went into his training, as opposed to the father automatically wanting him to decamp and follow in his footsteps.

• Love 4

I acknowledged the fact that he wanted to quit after the RedBulls season. Upon consultations, he went back for one last shot. His relationship with Conway gave him the foot into the ministry door once his soccer career was over. But in the end, he didn't quit soccer to go into the ministry. 

• Love 2

I will say that article changes things a little bit on the whole, "Ben and Jessa meet Jeremy" story.  If he lived with Conway during his time with the Scorpions, he was probably still living with Conway when they came to "his house" for church fellowship.  It makes a lot more sense that they went to Conway's house who legitimately is the head pastor (and maybe founder) of the SA church.  I also found evidence of two more churches, one in Las Cruces, NM and one in Austin, TX, that look like they might be former church plants of the SA church.  So for all intents, Conway looks to be legitimate.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised to know that Jeremy was given the Laredo church so he'd GTFO of Conway's house.  According to Jeremy's blog, he was sent to begin work on Laredo a week after soccer quit him.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Wow. You sure get a twisted article when you follow the ravings of JV Soccer's twisted mind. Does he really not know that all he's ever been looking for is to be Mr. Famous BigShot in something, somewhere, anything, anywhere, with all his twistings and turnings between Goal or Pulpit? Goal or Pulpit? Obviously doesn't matter, does it, dude, since you'd be the featured Stah in both? Or does he know that he's never been anything but a ravening pulsing famewhorish ego but just think he's fooling everybody else? ...

Of course, I guess if he has fooled others with his nutso self-contradictory tantrumic ravings about The Soccer! The Ministry! he's ended the confusion now that he's added The Reality TV! to the list.

Except for Jinger, of course. I'm sure she believes that he's really always been torn between his love for athletics and his love for God and that he's not an egomaniac famewhore. Since she's spent her life being brainwashed into believing the same about Meeechelle and Jizm Bob. Poor Jinger.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Saytura said:

Jeremy's still showing up in YouTube videos for his church as of the beginning of September.  They've also made a big deal on the show about him traveling back and forth to Laredo.

Usually full time pastors will spend 10-15 hours a week studying the bible and writing their sermons for the next week.  I'm guessing most of his texting/calling/FaceTime during the day is during that time.  He and Jinger are probably discussing scripture that will find its way into the sermon.  Then other times he would be running youth sessions, visiting members at home, hosting bible study, possibly visiting patients in the hospital/hospice, handling adminstrative church stuff, etc.  From the looks of his church on social media, there's less then 50 members currently so he probably does have some free time to visit Jinger without disrupting his work too much.  Also the home church may encourage the visits as "media relations" especially since it sounds like he's close to leadership (that Conway guy from previous article is the main pastor of the home church IIRC).

You're actually assuming Jeremy provides that level of pastoral care? I realize that's what anyone would normally expect a minister to do, because that's what they normally do. 

Just like most people think missionaries ACTUALLY do things to better the community they're in...build schools, medical clinics, provide clean water, we saw that with SOS that may not really be the case, if we just look at the Jillards. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You're actually assuming Jeremy provides that level of pastoral care? I realize that's what anyone would normally expect a minister to do, because that's what they normally do. 

Just like most people think missionaries ACTUALLY do things to better the community they're in...build schools, medical clinics, provide clean water, we saw that with SOS that may not really be the case, if we just look at the Jillards. 

The Laredo church still has other people involved with it that aren't Jeremy.  It actually started to have an online presence back in 2012.  The man in those videos is the owner of the church property and the man who became a Deacon in the last YouTube video for the church.  I would suspect that it's his wife who currently hosts the church lunches.  So there does seem to be other leadership at the church to keep Jeremy in line so to speak.  The home church in SA seems to be legitimate as well.  It's not like Jeremy decided he was going to open his church in Laredo like the show has alluded, since he became affiliated with the church in Nov 2015 and officially hired March 2016 (according to Jeremy's blog, which very well could have been Duggarized, but it lines up with the church's social media).

But everything about the church part seems legitimate, even if Jeremy isn't.  I would expect that until he hooked up with the Duggars inner circle, he was performing all duties as necessary.  Now, who knows.

• Love 6

@Saytura. Thanks!  Good to know. Seems like this church is well run and is doing some good!

i just hope that if that's the case, it doesn't get ruined by Jeremy's exposure to the Duggars. We know "the Duggar effect" is responsible for turning what was once good stuff into crap. Since Jeremy is more his own person that Bin or Dullweed, maybe the mind scrambling beam from Boob will have a lesser impact on Jeremy.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

We have no clue what Jeremy made playing soccer. He was in Finland for four years, which couldn't have paid much; the Finns are not known as a soccer country by any stretch. He only spent one year with the New York Red Bulls, but I don't think he played much. MLS doesn't pay nearly as well as other pro sports; I imagine he made league minimum. Then he went on to play for the San Antonio Scoripions in a minor league. He couldn't have made much there, either. What I'm saying is that I doubt he's got any cash squirrled away. 

This is the reason I think KJB is going to set Jeremy up with a church in NWA, maybe even working with Jeremy's home church to plant there. He has plenty of residential property for JinJer to live rent-free, saving the church that expense. They may start out in Laredo, but I really don't see them staying there long. 

1st division soccer players in Finland make an average of €24,000/$27,000 plus fringe benefits. That's kind of a pittance!

• Love 3
On 9/7/2016 at 6:29 AM, GeeGolly said:

Not being a praying person, I don't know the rules, but praying for years for God to drop a husband on your doorstep feels kind of selfish.

Right??!!  It seems like one should pray for things that really matter and not something that could be achieved if you left your gd house by yourself once in awhile.  I don't know, maybe starving and/or sick children, the end to wars, curing Zika/Aids/cancer, ED for Josh, SOMETHING that isn't self serving.  But nah, gotta waste the big dudes time praying for a man or the Razorbacks to win some game (just threw that in there).

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Right??!!  It seems like one should pray for things that really matter and not something that could be achieved if you left your gd house by yourself once in awhile.  I don't know, maybe starving and/or sick children, the end to wars, curing Zika/Aids/cancer, ED for Josh, SOMETHING that isn't self serving.  But nah, gotta waste the big dudes time praying for a man or the Razorbacks to win some game (just threw that in there).

i think what she meant by her comment of praying for years for a spouse is this: as a christian we are taught to pray that God leads and directs us to the spouse that He would  have for us. we pray that this person is growing in the Lord, following the correct path, provided for and protected and that we will be brought together to meet at the optimum timing.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

1st division soccer players in Finland make an average of €24,000/$27,000 plus fringe benefits. That's kind of a pittance!

Not for Jinger who thinks he is a millionaire because she only got 3 cents for each jurisdiction. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Oh good grief.

"“Long story short, the Lord began systematically humbling me in ways that I didn’t think were possible to be humbled in such a way,” Vuolo said."

14 hours ago, queenanne said:

To be fair, the article towards the end, flat outright said his parents talked him into going back and taking some of the extra chances.  Which is interesting to me, because presumably they thought he shouldn't waste a promising start and whatever money went into his training, as opposed to the father automatically wanting him to decamp and follow in his footsteps.

That surprised me. That he was ready to call it quits. And that he took cues from his parents to stay-the-course.

He had any easy out. Blame god!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well according to Jill her wedding gown was an answer to her payers. Ugh

• Love 2
4 hours ago, zoomama said:

i think what she meant by her comment of praying for years for a spouse is this: as a christian we are taught to pray that God leads and directs us to the spouse that He would  have for us. we pray that this person is growing in the Lord, following the correct path, provided for and protected and that we will be brought together to meet at the optimum timing.

Agree.  This is what she meant by that, and would be a major focus of all the Duggar girls' prayers over the years, as well as their parents'.  Except yes, most people of the Christian faith do actually get out of the house, hold jobs, go to college, etc so they would actually have the opportunity to meet that partner that God has been preparing!  And not truly just sit home waiting for it to happen somehow.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

That's about what I expected. He never made anything approaching big bucks during his soccer career. Hell, he wasn't even considered middle class. YOU try to live on $44,000/yr in New York! 

Also wanted to add that I saw the sneak peek last night and guess what? Boob slyly snuck "You know you want to move to Arkansas" (paraphrased, but pretty close) during a conversation with the Holy Goalie. I can totally see this Conway guy greenlighting a plant in NWA, maybe not immediately, but getting it in the works before the end of the year. We know that Boob Jana bought that storefront property about a month ago...

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here's a screengrab from last night's sneak peek of Jinger's string art. She did admit to doing some laundry, but other than that, I guess this is what takes up her time these days. 

Ummm - it should be "their" hon, not "there".....  SOTDRT strikes again

• Love 4

The girls who run that IG site are all about 14. But yeah, I caught that, too! And I think they all go to public school; they just talked about when their first day of school was, and they also talk about playing sports like basketball! That said, they're pretty dumb. I just follow because I'm too lazy to follow hashtags around Instagram. Following the real deal is as far as I'm willing to go. 

And Jinge? that would have been cute...if you were 12. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8

Dear lord...watched the preview.  Holy crap, Jinger is so thin!  The camera adds weight normally (10-20 lbs) so I could only imagine how thin she REALLY IS!  She needs to get checked out.  While she was never what I'd consider "heavy", she was nicely fleshed out and a very appropriate weight for her height.  Looking at her now, her arms are like toothpicks and her head is beginning to take on that "too big" look that happens with eating disorders.  

I hope that getting away from Duggarville will help her to heal and to recover some of herself that seems to be lost.  And I'm still hopeful that Jeremy will truly take care of her.  She needs it.  

Edited by Lady Edith
  • Love 4
On 8 September 2016 at 10:12 PM, Defrauder said:

Just read the re-caps of the latest show.  Apparently Jinger is a piece of property without any autonomy so her brothers don't want to 'hand her over' to just anybody.  How loving.  Ben and JB are apparently in charge of maintaining her virginity and Jeremy comes up with 'good answers'.  That about sums it up.

One is always far more informed if one see's what they're discussing. 

1 hour ago, DoctorWhovian said:

If she had turned the wood to a horizontal orientation, she could have put the states in their appropriate locations and not had such weird blank space.

I thought about that, and the string connecting the hearts would have gotten all wonky, stretching pretty much all the way across Texas. I suppose that you're not supposed to do that, but then I'm not 12 and haven't looked at these things which are apparently all the rage on Pinterest. 

But looking a the white string aesthetically, that's the reasoning I came up with for the odd geographical alignment. Their widdle hearts are cwoser!!!!!111 awwww..... 

*vomits*

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5

That is a gloriously awful craft. I just start giggling uncontrollably every time I see the picture. 

And I work at a library where I regularly help small children with crafts. I'm usually pretty desensitized to crafting disasters!

Edited by Zella
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, awaken said:

Agree.  This is what she meant by that, and would be a major focus of all the Duggar girls' prayers over the years, as well as their parents'.  Except yes, most people of the Christian faith do actually get out of the house, hold jobs, go to college, etc so they would actually have the opportunity to meet that partner that God has been preparing!  And not truly just sit home waiting for it to happen somehow.  

Well, they got love-offering food drops on their porch, back in the day. Why not spouse drops?

8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here's a screengrab from last night's sneak peek of Jinger's string art. She did admit to doing some laundry, but other than that, I guess this is what takes up her time these days. 

Kinda loving the relative sizes of the two states.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
20 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, they got love-offering food drops on their porch, back in the day. Why not spouse drops?

Kinda loving the relative sizes of the two states.

usa-map.jpg

8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks about the same. ;)

• Love 3

This might be cute if Jinger was in middle school. If she'd actually attended a real middle school she'd know that Arkansas should've been on top and Texas on the bottom. My mind is boggled that someone so immature is about to marry a 30 year-old. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

This might be cute if Jinger was in middle school. If she'd actually attended a real middle school she'd know that Arkansas should've been on top and Texas on the bottom. My mind is boggled that someone so immature is about to marry a 30 year-old. 

On the plus side, though, she got Laredo and Tonittown basically in the right places. And I'm being serious about that being a plus for me -- because I can think of quite a few Duggars that I'd guess wouldn't care to find that out so they could do it correctly. Or be able to figure out which corner of Arkansas is the northwest one. Or, you know, even think about its being an issue.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

No I didn't know this is representing Jinger and Jeremy by 'there' states.  Would have been cute if she made the string in the shape of a heart and I didn't know Arkansas was as big as Texas and they connected in such a way.  Well you learn something new everyday.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, no time to empty out trash can in girls bedroom overflowing with garbage

19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Just barf.  I like pinterest as much as anyone, but really?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Defrauder said:

No I didn't know this is representing Jinger and Jeremy by 'there' states.  Would have been cute if she made the string in the shape of a heart and I didn't know Arkansas was as big as Texas and they connected in such a way.  Well you learn something new everyday.  

If only the Duggars could say this. ; )

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

"Look Thirty-year-old soon to be husband! I made you a craft!"

• Love 17

So when are the mysterious Duggaloo nuptials to take place, or have they already?  It's nearly half past September, Sew.  For your bet of a mid October wedding, they've been really SLY about keeping it under wraps. 

Seems it will be a small wedding since it would be damn near impossible to swear 1000 of your closest friends to secrecy. I think Boob doesn't at all like the touchy feely behavior of Jeremy and The Constipated Frog Face of Disapproval has showed itself more than once. His squicky obsession with his daughter's purity is bordering on shotgun wedding. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Malvina said:

CsA_OCjWEAAWzii.jpg

Oh no Jinger's got the eyebrows.  Forced smiles may do that to you.  Looks like JimBob's spy camera is in the car so no one can escape or not smile. Except Jessa, she just doesn't give a damn anymore.

• Love 1