Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I think Jeremy will go full famewhore and move to Tontitown...especially if TLC says they don't have the budget to send camera crews to Laredo. He isn't marrying a Duggar daughter for her intellect and sparkling personality. Jeremy can't possibly save the souls of gays and masturbating teenagers unless he has a bigger platform. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, sort of, but Derick theoretically has the ability.

To me we've still got two big questions:  Why doesn't Derick use the job-procuring ability he has to establish a home and life for his family where he's not entertaining JB and M every 20 minutes? And will Jeremy have whatever Derick lacks that's apparently also required to evade Boob's overwhelming influence?

On the one hand, Jeremy's life seems to have been more independent and he looks tougher than Derick. On the other hand, he seems to have been hanging out with Boob and the boys quite a bit for over a year now -- so he doesn't look to have pried Jinger apart from her family at all as of yet, which I would take to be a really good sign of somebody's potential independence. Plus, as with Derick and Bin, his "ministry" ambitions make me wonder whether he, too, is at least partly courting a Duggarling so the Duggar sheen (hard to believe they still have it, but apparently...) will rub off and raise his "ministry's" fortunes. If he does want to ride the Duggars' coattails, that doesn't argue that he'll be very independent, especially if JB exerts any pressure against it, which he 100 percent will.

It'll be nice if he launches Jinger into independence, but I think the jury is way out still.

I think if Jinger started showing a spark of defiance or independence, Boob would put a stop to the courtship. She won't be free until Jeremy whisks her away for their honeymoon.

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Late to the party....

Go Jinger!  She landed the only spouse that has the ability to live free from Jim Bob's teet/control.

We've been fooled before so.

In my perfect world Jeremy is completely fooling JB. He does a 180 when he realizes how horrible the cult is and gets more fame by being the anti Duggar. (This is a common theme in my posts, it's an illness.) It makes sense though, doesn't it? He takes a sharp turn and provides something completely different for the viewing audience. Bet that show would last much longer than the Jessa and Jill snoozefest. She really could start this off right by going in a different direction for her wedding. Small, elegant, intimate. I don't see how being the third to fall in line for boob will make him stand out any more than the other lame sons-in-law. He has one of the most popular Dugg girls so he could really milk this much better by foregoing the Boob template. 

• Love 5

FreeJinger has picked out some lovely brides and bridesmaid dresses for Jinger. I think even though Jeremy may be Fundy, he's not going to be anywhere as messed up as Boob, even if he tried. The Gothard brand of Fundy is far more messed up than most Fundy churches could ever dream of being. Regular IFB or even Fundy Lite would seem very liberal in comparison to Gothard.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I think if Jinger started showing a spark of defiance or independence, Boob would put a stop to the courtship. She won't be free until Jeremy whisks her away for their honeymoon.

Wonder what a meek woman does if a man suddenly turns round and says to her, Okay -- now stop being meek. ...... Would be interesting to see this play out in the Duggalo household. (Given Jer's stated preference for meekness, I'm not expecting this to happen. I'd be pleased if it did, though. And not just because JB's head might fly off.)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder what a meek woman does if a man suddenly turns round and says to her, Okay -- now stop being meek. ...... Would be interesting to see this play out in the Duggalo household. (Given Jer's stated preference for meekness, I'm not expecting this to happen. I'd be pleased if it did, though. And not just because JB's head might fly off.)

The bolded is the most frightening comment we've heard from them regarding this courtship. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

She's the only Duggar who will have a fun honeymoon. Jill and Derrick were probably all teeth and awkward, jerky limbs...  Ben was probably that fake sentimental crap as Jessa tried to not be as obvious as she watched herself in the Hampton Inn hotel room mirror. 

• Love 13

Jessa and Bin went to Europe for theirs. No idea where they spent their wedding night, nor Jill and Derick.  We know Josh and Anna went to some nasty place in glorious Putnam County and we saw her schlepping their luggage in. No idea of their honeymoon, unless that was their honeymoon. 

I can see why fundie guys who want to be celebrity preachers would think marrying a Duggar girl is a good way for publicity. I'm betting there's a fair amount of overlap between the people who still admire the Duggars and those who might be interested in...er... more conservative-style preachers. Even if the guys don't want to be under JB's thumb, there really aren't a lot of people like the D-s on tv (thank God) so their publicity options are theoretically limited. The Bates certainly have many of the same beliefs, but the "ministry mindset" doesn't seem to be a must have for Gil and Kelly or their daughters. 

What happens to the potential suitors when they clue into the fact that we seem to be 0 for 2 in the successful minister category remains to be seen.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

She's the only Duggar who will have a fun honeymoon. Jill and Derrick were probably all teeth and awkward, jerky limbs...  Ben was probably that fake sentimental crap as Jessa tried to not be as obvious as she watched herself in the Hampton Inn hotel room mirror. 

Hope so. Have you had sex with a full-of-himself 20-something jock, though? I have and, aaa, not so sure....And mine didn't even have a preference for meek women. And I knew how to have an orgasm.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I know someone who married an asian girl because he wanted a subserviant wife. Eventually he grew tired of the responsibility of making all of the decisions and divorced her because she was too subservient. I don't know if it was just her personality, or if a lifetime of submission had broken her spirit, but she was never able to take control of her own life, even when she was finally forced into the situation.

Maybe there is a strong, self-confidant woman lurking under Jinger's meekness, but I doubt it. She was Jessa's sidekick for many years, and both of her parents are very fearful, and very much so followers. I wish her well, but I think her future happiness depends to a very large degree on what kind of a man Jeremy is at his core.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Omg. Can I unread this?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I know someone who married an asian girl because he wanted a subserviant wife. Eventually he grew tired of the responsibility of making all of the decisions and divorced her because she was too subservient. I don't know if it was just her personality, or if a lifetime of submission had broken her spirit, but she was never able to take control of her own life, even when she was finally forced into the situation.

Maybe there is a strong, self-confidant woman lurking under Jinger's meekness, but I doubt it. She was Jessa's sidekick for many years, and both of her parents are very fearful, and very much so followers. I wish her well, but I think her future happiness depends to a very large degree on what kind of a man Jeremy is at his core.

There were a couple of times where they (JB & M, TLC?) described a kind of role reversal with Jessa & Jinger; volunteering at a coffee shop & Jessa's engagement scavenger hunt. Jinger seems to be more outgoing outside the family and mean girl Jessa becomes shy.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There were a couple of times where they (JB & M, TLC?) described a kind of role reversal with Jessa & Jinger; volunteering at a coffee shop & Jessa's engagement scavenger hunt. Jinger seems to be more outgoing outside the family and mean girl Jessa becomes shy.

I agree, Jinger is much more confident out of the family than Jessa.  Jessa is not at all confident with strangers one on one.  She was visibly uncomfortable with the rose thing, the coffee shop and Ben's rapper friends.  Jinger pretty much handled the rose thing and the coffee shop for her.  Jinger also does prison ministry, which I don't think Jessa would enjoy at all without her family nearby.  Whether shyness or snobbery, I think Jessa has a huge fear of being caught off guard that Jinger doesn't possess.

On an unrelated note I wish my autocorrect would quit changing their names to Message and Hunger no matter how well they fit.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Jinger does prison ministry? Explains this pairing. 

Yes two things I remember from Counting On are that Jinger does prison ministry and that Jinger is the only one in the family that is left handed.  Poor Jinger's been different from the beginning.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Yes two things I remember from Counting On are that Jinger does prison ministry and that Jinger is the only one in the family that is left handed.  Poor Jinger's been different from the beginning.

Left handed? Surprised that was even allowed, considering that's "evil".

• Love 2

Many times shyness comes off as snobbiness. I know jessa Blessa can be mean inside the family but maybe outside the family she is scared of anything different and it comes off as snobby. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jeremy will go full famewhore and move to Tontitown...especially if TLC says they don't have the budget to send camera crews to Laredo. He isn't marrying a Duggar daughter for her intellect and sparkling personality. Jeremy can't possibly save the souls of gays and masturbating teenagers unless he has a bigger platform. 

You took the words right out of my mouth. He will be moving to Tonitown and become Duggarized in no time.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Should we have a pool for how long it takes Jeremy to become Duggarized 

I'm in. He'll move to Dullville and within a month, he'll start up the Church of Self Entitlement there and start begging for money or trying to get speaking engagements.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Left handed? Surprised that was even allowed, considering that's "evil".

At one time left handedness was considered of Satan.  But the Duggars bear their challenges from Satan as a badge of honor, imo.  Look how important we are to God's plan as a family that the devil sends us so many challenges to overcome!  So they probably used it as a teaching tool.  To be fair though not everyone believes anymore there is evil in being left handed.  Sometimes I do wonder if they spent any time trying to teach to write with her right hand.  They did to my uncle and it screwed him up a bit.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Should we have a pool for how long it takes Jeremy to become Duggarized 

I think this the one who won't go full Duggar.  Derick doesn't want to grow up and work a big-boy job, so he needs JB sponsorship to stay on "mission"/extended vacation.  Ben is just so young and dumb - coupled with Jessa's desire for nice things (can't blame her) -- they can't survive on their own. While Jeremy has been Duggar-adjacent for a while, he's lived in an extended state of independence none of the others have.  It would be difficult to go from relative freedom to being under JB's rule 24/7. 

Before I place my bet, I need to see which house/property JB gifts them with the marriage. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Jinger does prison ministry? 

Have we ever had any independent confirmation that the prison ministry really happens? It sounds like another one of their self-serving "Look at how special we are!" lies. The Duggars have been caught lying so many times that I won't automatically take their unsupported word for anything.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Have we ever had any independent confirmation that the prison ministry really happens? It sounds like another one of their self-serving "Look at how special we are!" lies. The Duggars have been caught lying so many times that I won't automatically take their unsupported word for anything.

In the excerpt from the girls' book, they mention Jinger counseling girls at a juvenile detention center who "couldn't believe God could actually forgive them." Because that's exactly what kids from disfunctional, shitty backgrounds need to hear: that it's all their fault. I sincerely doubt Jinger has ever visited a max security facility or anything like that.

The Duggars definitely play fast and loose with the truth. Visiting a nursing home one time in the early 2000s, translates into the kids volunteering for years with the elderly. I take everything they say with one massive grain of salt.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

In the excerpt from the girls' book, they mention Jinger counseling girls at a juvenile detention center who "couldn't believe God could actually forgive them." Because that's exactly what kids from disfunctional, shitty backgrounds need to hear: that it's all their fault. I sincerely doubt Jinger has ever visited a max security facility or anything like that.

The Duggars definitely play fast and loose with the truth. Visiting a nursing home one time in the early 2000s, translates into the kids volunteering for years with the elderly. I take everything they say with one massive grain of salt.

Yes. They will spin. Remember a few years ago when they organized a pop-up food pantry -- and they were only handing out potato chips?!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, MunichNark said:

I'm in. He'll move to Dullville and within a month, he'll start up the Church of Self Entitlement there and start begging for money or trying to get speaking engagements.

There is a strategy to the quiver-full, big family thing living within a certain area and it's not limited to Boobites. The idea is to concentrate your populations into certain areas to gain political influence. Eg, start with a neighborhood to elect city officials, then have enough neighborhoods to elect next level officials and finally expand until you have people in federal positions. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

There is a strategy to the quiver-full, big family thing living within a certain area and it's not limited to Boobites. The idea is to concentrate your populations into certain areas to gain political influence. Eg, start with a neighborhood to elect city officials, then have enough neighborhoods to elect next level officials and finally expand until you have people in federal positions. 

The grassroots portion of gerrymandering.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Boobmandering.  ???

Love your avatar, Lady Edith! She was my favorite DA character, except for The Dowager, who was everyone's favorite. So didn't like Mary...was always pulling for a happy ending for Lady E and was so happy she got it. She was always the strongest character with the best story line. IMO 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Love your avatar, Lady Edith! She was my favorite DA character, except for The Dowager, who was everyone's favorite. So didn't like Mary...was always pulling for a happy ending for Lady E and was so happy she got it. She was always the strongest character with the best story line. IMO 

Thank you!  I swear Edith is my soul sister.  ?  

Hoping for for a similar happy ending for Jana.  Maybe we should start calling her Lady J?  

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

Thank you!  I swear Edith is my soul sister.  ?  

Hoping for for a similar happy ending for Jana.  Maybe we should start calling her Lady J?  

I'm all in for that! I'm not particular,y religious, but even I pray for Jana to get the best most wonderful and prosperous husband EVER!!!

Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm all in for that! I'm not particular,y religious, but even I pray for Jana to get the best most wonderful and prosperous husband EVER!!!

Edith was also my paternal grandmothers name. Only my avatar lives in Middle Earth.

12 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Yes. They will spin. Remember a few years ago when they organized a pop-up food pantry -- and they were only handing out potato chips?!

I need to see this!

wasnt there also an occasion where they dressed like pirates and handed out donuts to the homeless?  (And instagrammed their good deed, of course!)

• Love 1

wasnt there also an occasion where they dressed like pirates and handed out donuts to the homeless?

Sort of. See, they dressed up as pirates in order to get donuts for free and ended up with about a gazillion boxes. Then Jill and Derrick (I think) came across a homeless couple who were travelling across the US for some reason and in their infinite generosity handed over one of their free boxes of donuts to the couple in exchange for prayer and insta-famewhoring.

• Love 10

"At that point, cameras began to roll and all the Duggars, including pregnant Jessa Duggar Seewald, each grabbed a large box full of what onlookers described as “junk food” from a truck and brought them inside. But producers still weren’t happy with the shots they were getting, directing the Duggars to take the boxes back outside and bring them in again at least three times before they were happy with the shot."

Wow. 

They can't even carry boxes from point A to point B properly.

• Love 4

I know Texas is a huge state but isn't that where they haul the stinkbus year after year for the ATI homeschool Big Sandy event?  I think Jeremy has been drinking gallons of the kool-aid already and they will be full frontal ATI, Gothardites from courtship on.  I don't see any hope here of any kind of freedom for Jinger.  I think Jeremy is going to be more strong willed than JB, Ben, and Derick, and command obedience from Jinger as they try to out-do the baby number game and holier than thou.  Jeremy from my take is going to be like JB times 50.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Defrauder said:

I know Texas is a huge state but isn't that where they haul the stinkbus year after year for the ATI homeschool Big Sandy event?  I think Jeremy has been drinking gallons of the kool-aid already and they will be full frontal ATI, Gothardites from courtship on.  I don't see any hope here of any kind of freedom for Jinger.  I think Jeremy is going to be more strong willed than JB, Ben, and Derick, and command obedience from Jinger as they try to out-do the baby number game and holier than thou.  Jeremy from my take is going to be like JB times 50.  

That would be super disappointing if that was true. Jinger does look pale and frail and wrath like. Gothard has a fat shaming culture as well as athletes are all about fat shaming their WAGs as well. Seems like things are off to a very bad start if this is what he's doing to her.

If he turns out to be a swine, then I hope Tiny Jinger initiates the first "Duggar-vorce"

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Defrauder said:

Jeremy isn't Gothard, and I think he''s make noises to  stay on the show, but the reality of a mega family is a lot different from the posturing of a young man.

Both Derick and Ben have made noises about wanting mega-families and I wouldn't be surprised to hear the same blather from Jeremy, too. But, JB and J'chelle aren't normal people. Most normal people love their spouses, and most normal people love their kids. I can't believe that Derick and Ben weren't traumatized by the awful home births, too. They all know about the molestation now, and they've experienced the feral younger Duggars first-hand.

I think that as time passes, and the show ends, these couples will be dropping off the Gothard bus one by one. Jeremy may well be one who stays on board, but we really don't have enough information on him yet.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Defrauder said:

Laredo is over 500 miles from Big Sandy. If he actually spent the week at Gothard Camp, that's quite a haul. Not to mention, he would have had to make time to pen a sermon for his little church. Are people allowed to visit for the day (even a bigger WTF if true). I think they have loosened up restrictions on ATI Camp over the past few years, and non-Gothard 'm families can now attend. I think in the past, you had to have at least taken the Basic Seminar. Now, they are trying to appear as all-inclusive, allowing non-Gothardites like Derick & Ben attend.

IBLP does need new blood, though. It would be a great opportunity for a "preacher" like Jeremy to hop on board. That said, he may be too Calvinist for the IBLP crowd. Derrick seems to have caved, as SOS has Gothard ties, but Ben still seems to be holding to his hardline Calvinism. I hope Jeremy is mature enough to be able to resist a job from KJB and independently forge his own path.

Eh, who am I fooling?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Laredo is over 500 miles from Big Sandy. If he actually spent the week at Gothard Camp, that's quite a haul. Not to mention, he would have had to make time to pen a sermon for his little church. Are people allowed to visit for the day (even a bigger WTF if true). I think they have loosened up restrictions on ATI Camp over the past few years, and non-Gothard 'm families can now attend. I think in the past, you had to have at least taken the Basic Seminar. Now, they are trying to appear as all-inclusive, allowing non-Gothardites like Derick & Ben attend.

IBLP does need new blood, though. It would be a great opportunity for a "preacher" like Jeremy to hop on board. That said, he may be too Calvinist for the IBLP crowd. Derrick seems to have caved, as SOS has Gothard ties, but Ben still seems to be holding to his hardline Calvinism. I hope Jeremy is mature enough to be able to resist a job from KJB and independently forge his own path.

Eh, who am I fooling?

That's why Derrick gets to live on vacation while Ben has to weed-wack JB's properties. 

• Love 7

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the ILBP courting rules.  Interesting how there is no mention of the parents monitoring all communication between the couple.  Or continual chaperoning.  Private time to talk is okay.  The couple should be afforded privacy, but not be secluded.  It's ok also to go out to dinner and hang out with friends (sounds suspiciously like a date to me).  But not in the constantly supervised Duggar world.  Because apparently defrauding can take place in an instant.  ?

http://iblp.org/questions/how-does-courtship-work

• Love 5

Guard your hearts! Short courtships to avoid being defrauded! Duggars AND Bateseseses fail here. Didn't Michael and Brandon court for 18 months? Jessa 11? And we have no official date for the beginning of Jinger's courtship, but I think he was "getting to know" Jinger well before the December missioncation to Danger America. He was hanging with the Duggars for MONTHS before that. I don't know if we'll ever get an official date from them. Jessa's was easy, since one of Ben's aunts spilled the beans, and video footage from that sad flea market backed up Ben's presence at the compound that weekend. Similarly, pics from Jill's Nepal trip were leaked well before anyone knew WHY she was there, but we knew the dates. It was just a matter of knowing she was there to meet Derick, then it was easy to put her timetable together which she actually verified in that wretched anniversary letter a couple of weeks ago. 

I find it annoying how the tabloids are making so much of Jeremy's college antics. Not a sordid or scandalous past nor does being drunk and disorderly in college make him some criminal beyond redemption.  Move on, tabloids...nothing to see here...just move on...unless they have pictures of him sheep shagging..

• Love 9