Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Hugh rocks it the opposite way:

hj.jpg.54dade834db8c6c85d1acd88e4e905c3.jpg

I just don't get how people STILL think Jeremy's gonna take the chance of getting it wrong.  EVERYTHING is about his appearance and his look.  If he's NOT making a statement, he goes plain t-shirt, ordinary jeans & low-key sneakers.  Or maybe a pastel button down or pullover. 

He carefully curates himself according to wealthy Southern California standards.  

His entire future and that of his family rests on how he presents himself to people in HIS world.  Not our world.  Not to people in Spokane or Amarillo or Springdale.  People is his tiny, Masters Seminary-based world are the only ones that really matter.  

And I guarantee he watches all the TV shows that feature upscale male fashions and reads all the magazines.  

Sheesh. It must be exhausting to be him.

And just like JillRod… it must be exhausting to be her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Navy suits with black shirts and black suits with navy shirts are in fashion. 

Stephen Colbert agrees. sc.jpg.65267284b04ea5c293a637e81d008212.jpg

Blasphemy mentioning the two of them in the same post! At least Stephen’s fits well.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
On 1/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, Westiepeach said:

"Leave it to Jay..."

273043390_127217026471070_8799168187809160412_n.jpg

What are we leaving to him? I don't even get what she's commenting on......Just that he's doing some kind of half-silly salute in the background? .... Since when is that so interesting that you say, "Leave it to X....ha ha ha ha" ...?  That's hardly something that only a "real joker" or whatever would do... It's ... nothing...

Man, she is still far gone in her breathless excitement about "Jay" and the boys generally.  

What am I missing? 

23 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

There's a dress code for the students. Jackets and slacks are mandatory. Not sure about ties. 

When I looked at the handbook in the past, it specified wearing ties for certain activities but not others. Dunno if it's still that way or not. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Blasphemy mentioning the two of them in the same post! At least Stephen’s fits well.

We can only see the top of the photo.  Knowing Colbert, he's probably wearing boxer shorts & Birkenstocks on his bottom half!

And he also has millions, so I'd say the quality of his attire is going to be a bit more bespoke than what Jeremy wears...

Edited by SnapHappy
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Jeremy has certainly come far from his Sherlock Holmes/grandpa/professor look, but I wouldn't say he's a cutting end trend follower. I think he's a guy who likes dress up and has become less sucky at.

• LOL 7
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

More blasphemy!

You know that scene in the barn where Everett wakes up and automatically says, "How's my hair?" I bet poor Jinger hears that every damn morning. LMAO 

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
On 1/31/2022 at 10:31 AM, OpieTaylor said:

Jeremy WAS at a Ram's playoff game a couple or so of weeks ago in SoFi stadium - he had an Instagram story of it. It must have been the wild card game - Rams vs. Arizona Cardinals. I think tickets were still available for that game days before it, because I got an email about it. And I think you're right that there was no sign of Jinger there with him. If he ends up at the Super Bowl...

That's right - he was at a game.  Pretty sure it was the last regular season game, when the 49ers won in overtime.  I remember he was there because I saw something in his stories.  There was a big deal made in media about how many 49er fans traveled to SoFi stadium.  I thought, ''Good, he was at a game when the Rams lost."  I can't be certain Jinger wasn't there.

Still salty that the 49ers lost Sunday.  I heard a stat that with Kyle Shanahan as coach or offensive coordinator, his teams have had 59 points scored against them in the fourth quarter or overtime, with zero points scored by his team.  That is brutal.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Not to get too far off topic, but Shanahan is a notoriously shitty play caller when the chips are down. I feel bad that Jimmy G is taking most of the blame. 

On topic: if Jeremy weasels his way into the Super Bowl I will stroke out. I'm not really a fan of either team, I just don't think I could stomach him prancing around in a luxury suite. 

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Please be careful about saying stuff like that. Weaseling his way into things when it's nearly unimaginable is his one significant talent (I don't count shoe shopping and burger binging as significant).

Yes, $6,000 seats equals significant.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

On topic: if Jeremy weasels his way into the Super Bowl I will stroke out. I'm not really a fan of either team, I just don't think I could stomach him prancing around in a luxury suite. 

while not bothering to watch the game in favor of taking countless selfies cheering when the crowd cheers, or stuffing his face with catered cheeseburgers, or catching his homies in mid-chew because LOLZ, etc.

Also considering who the halftime entertainment is...man, he'd better not be there, I will punch a wall.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

while not bothering to watch the game in favor of taking countless selfies cheering when the crowd cheers, or stuffing his face with catered cheeseburgers, or catching his homies in mid-chew because LOLZ, etc.

Also considering who the halftime entertainment is...man, he'd better not be there, I will punch a wall.

The halftime show will stroke him out. 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It would if the artists performing did their normal music and not the radio edit.  No way NBC or the NFL is letting them perform anything close to 'Fuck the Police" or "Forgot About Dre."  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I don't know, I picture him hiding in the bathroom, playing the songs on his phone while trying to learn the words and rap along while trying to decide which new pair of kicks says "gangsta enough for street cred but not enough to make Daddy Mac upset."

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know, I picture him hiding in the bathroom, playing the songs on his phone while trying to learn the words and rap along while trying to decide which new pair of kicks says "gangsta enough for street cred but not enough to make Daddy Mac upset."

Agree. Remember, he’s a Kanye fan 🤣.

• LOL 10
25 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

A72064C4-7D28-40F7-A7A9-8F413602A9CD.png

0B7E725C-7EEF-4649-B137-58D5D32DD555.png

9162AE2B-89B9-47E9-BC1C-6BDA3F96C1E3.png

D4397EAF-077D-49A8-A242-1A653715DCC1.jpeg

Well, Jer, Marco's got a better excuse. Engliish is his second language, and he didn't start learning it till he was an adult. Unfortunately for his good sense, he seems to have learned most of his English listening to MacArthur's sermons on youtube. 😁

https://www.masters.edu/news/alumni-focus-marco-bovino.html

In your case, Jer, I'd suggest wasting fewer weekend hours shoe shopping. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

Where can I find a class in grifting?  Lol It seems to be low stress, flexible hours, undemanding and lucrative…..for me, a roadblock would be putting my personal business on display.  I’m much too private, I think. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What are Jeremy’s post graduation plans?

I've never heard anybody mention them.

My guess is he'll stay somewhere in the MacArthur enterprise. Maybe working at Grace Church with the guys who are trying to bring more young people in or something like that. He's been offered a much bigger role there already than most other seminary students, it seems.

And unlike a lot of them, he doesn't seem to have a church or a goal elsewhere that he's especially interested in, it would seem. I'm sure he has no desire to go back to Laredo. And he's probably unlikely to go back to work with his dad or anything.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I've never heard anybody mention them.

My guess is he'll stay somewhere in the MacArthur enterprise. Maybe working at Grace Church with the guys who are trying to bring more young people in or something like that. He's been offered a much bigger role there already than most other seminary students, it seems.

And unlike a lot of them, he doesn't seem to have a church or a goal elsewhere that he's especially interested in, it would seem. I'm sure he has no desire to go back to Laredo. And he's probably unlikely to go back to work with his dad or anything.  

He will never, ever leave LA willingly.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Just to be fair, we don't know that Jeremy hasn't actually studied. It certainly seems he and the Mac posse have some quid pro quo going on with perks and exposure, but that doesn't mean he's been off the hook academically.

Jeremy's posts add up to maybe a few hours a month. I'm just a lowly 9 - 5er and eat take out as often as he does - about once or twice a week. I have an FB friend who works part time, husband works full time, 2 of the 3 kids attend school, and they have far more getaways than the Vuolos do. I think the Vuolos' IG posts are misleading.

Jeremy may actually be the one who is being used. It will be a slap in the face to him if Mac Daddy cuts him loose now that Jeremy's fame is fading. Who knows, maybe Jeremy will be asked to go to a middle income area in CA to plant a church. Or worse yet (for Jeremy) - to AR. Or maybe, like I stated above, his 4 years of perks is coming to an end and that's it - done.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What are Jeremy’s post graduation plans?

Based on the stuff he posts, it seems like he thinks he's going to make a fine living as an influencer/foodie/model/amateur golfer, while occasionally having to do boring stuff like write sermons and preach to make a regular paycheck.

After he graduates, does he get to keep the free house and all of the perks?  At what point does he have to start earning his keep?  Mind you, I remain befuddled as to why this guy of all people gets all those freebies in the first place, so I look forward to the time when he actually has to work for his fresh new kicks and designer coffee like the rest of us....or, he could get his shoes at Target and his coffee at Dunkin'.  The horror.

• Love 19

To me there's a difference between grifters, a la JillR, and opportunists, a la Jeremy and JB. As of yet, to me anyway, Jeremy has not moved into the grifter column. I personally don't have a problem with folks optimizing certain situations for themselves, as long as its at no loss/cost to others.

Derick, IMO, has had one foot in the grifter column and one foot in the opportunist column since we have met him. He's now 6 months post grad and likely is running out of Jill's back pay. I'm curiously watching Derick make a go at real life and will curiously watch Jeremy, if that where his graduation puts him.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5