Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Duggar marriages are not partnerships. The husbands lead and the wives do what they are told.

The husbands lead are led by Jim Bob and the wives do what they are told.

Fixed it.

• Love 20
On August 12, 2016 at 10:18 PM, OpieTaylor said:

Wow, no kidding. I can't believe she didn't style her hair for this photo shoot. But maybe she can't do anything with it anymore. And I can't even believe that she recently made a hair-styling video.

Maybe she bought 2 of the dresses and used the skirt of the second one to turn the first one into a maxi? That's what it looks like. It also reminds me of a little girl's nightgown.

But. but, Jinger wears skirts shorter than the original dress all the time. I don't get it. 

The way to avoid the bouquet toss is to conveniently be in the bathroom when it happens. That's how I've managed to avoid it the last few times--I refuse to be a part of it anymore, it's embarrassing and ridiculous for many of us single gals.

Do the Duggar girls do a bouquet toss? I've managed to avoid every wedding episode they've had, so I honestly don't know.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The guys wear white tees. What I want to know is why the girls buy such low-cut shirts to begin with? Why not buy something with a higher neckline so the tank isn't necessary? The girls have already lowered the necklines so that collarbones can be seen. NIKE! There are plenty of crewnecks or modest scoopneck shirts out there. 

Duggar logic

• Love 2

The reason why they have so much laundry is because one outfit is a bunch of clothes

5 hours ago, cdp73 said:

The husbands lead are led by Jim Bob and the wives do what they are told.

Fixed it.

The guy has no balls. 

• Love 1
On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Malvina said:

CqdvWBoWYAAh_7K.jpg

Is that Jenny 

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Malvina said:

CqdvWBoWYAAh_7K.jpg

Is that Jenny 

18 hours ago, Vaysh said:

Reading the article above, I hate the way they always have to describe potential husbands (or first borns sons, or anyone with a penis) as "true leaders". First of all, there are very few "true leaders" in this world and the Duggars haven't managed to produce or catch a single one so far. And second wtf marriage is a partnership why the hell would you need a leader in the first place? Fuck patriarchy, I'm getting stabby just thinking about it.

Lmfaooo Duggar men need the word Nike to prevent them from sinning. That's no leader. At least women can control themselves. 

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM, laurakaye said:

Starbucks, how original.  Maybe they should throw away the empties in the back seat before purchasing more.  On that note, maybe that's what the large garbage bag in the way back is full of...1,536 empty Starbucks cups.  Either that, or that's how they smuggle Josh from place to place.

Starbucks isn't fundie. 

• Love 1
On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 8:53 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Does anyone else think courting, marriage, and repeated pregnancies to be soooo boring? Millions of people everywhere doing the same every day. Who cares?

Yep. The Duggars think they invented something. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Darknight said:

Is that Jenny 

Is that Jenny 

Lmfaooo Duggar men need the word Nike to prevent them from sinning. That's no leader. At least women can control themselves. 

That's Johannah. She's really channeling Jill with the eyes.

• Love 2
On August 22, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Kokapetl said:

Jill sounds like a total rube:

""Oh my goodness! Y'all are an answer to many of my prayers! The Princes Treatment was AMAZING and y'all are the sweetest things ever!  I totally felt spoiled! Y'all have made my dreams come true.  I'll be passing along your information to my friends and continuing to praise the Lord!! I am so excited! Thank y'all so much! You don't even know what a blessing you are.  May the Lord continue bless you as you keep serving Him and helping brides prepare for their wedding day! - Jill :)  Psalm 91""

What - is this REAL?? Was she off her meds?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Patricia07 said:

I wonder what the Jill we saw in CA who acted so frightened would think of the Jill who wrote that.

Critical thinking, self awareness, and self knowledge aren't taught in the Duggarverse. Even the reflection part of "prayer and reflection" doesn't really click with them. I just don't think Jill even sees she's got more freedom than she had at the TTH, other than she gets to be alone with Derick now  I really think she can't function outside of the family all that well. Perhaps all the possibilities are just too scary, because they were all raised with this fear of outsiders and "the world" as they refer to it.

• Love 8

Wonder how Jill and Jessa will behave at the bridal shop now that it's Jinger's turn. Will be interesting to see how those two narcissists will try to make it "all about them" and demand Princess Treatment for themselves too.

Hope Jinger makes them wear a bridesmaids dress that she loves and they hate...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, please no toilet paper decorations....no potato chips and drippy sundaes in the parking lot...and the only time I want to see Boob is when he gives her away and I'll let him be sentimental for a minute  After that, he better keep his pie hole shut and not be acting the fool.  Same for Dead Possum Head...no silverfish dress...no kissing at the altar...no making it about her...and Smuggar better be pixelated.

Am I asking for too much? Nancy, are you reading this?

• Love 21

Well, the Waller's have been busy! They have been able to be on the road for 13,000miles. They have been able to preach jesus to tiny groups. They have been able to hike.  They have even been able to boat in the Puget Sound off Seattle.  Where I live!. I might have been able to see them playing volleyball with fundies in LONG Frumpwear!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Well, the Waller's have been busy! They have been able to be on the road for 13,000miles. They have been able to preach jesus to tiny groups. They have been able to hike.  They have even been able to boat in the Puget Sound off Seattle.  Where I live!. I might have been able to see them playing volleyball with fundies in LONG Frumpwear!

Oooooooh, aren't you the lucky one?

• Love 1

No social media, no registries, no hinky JeremyLurvesJinge website. These guys may actually be doing it almost like regular people. If they have these things, they're doing a great job of keeping them under wraps for family and people who may be considered actual friends. A cousin of my husband's is having a destination wedding next weekend (we can't go *sob*) and set up the website, but I don't think they passed it around to every person they ever met. As is the case with "regular" people, we found out about it (as well as their registries) via the wedding invite. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Pluralized "registries," since most couples now have more than one.
  • Love 3

I have no qualms if they set up a reasonable registry, as that's typical of most couples but if Jer and "Jinge" ask for six flatware sets, twelve queen sized comforters and four Dutch Ovens, then all bets are off. We all know where the extras go and that's just wrong.

Also I think it's incredibly tacky to ask for gift cards. I know mileage varies on this one, but I find it gauche.

• Love 11

I have qualms if they make their registries public. Yes, leghumpers will send them gifts regardless, but people who make their main money from being on a weekly teevee show do not need to set up registries. It just smacks of greed and grifitng. 

I wonder how many wedding crashers Michael Bates had. The BrandonLovesMichael website published everything, including directions to the church! I don't remember Chad and Erin, Zach and Whitney, and/or Alyssa and John making their plans quite so public. I think we knew the dates, but not necessarily venues. I can't recall if they had public registries or not. Since the two weddings in 6 weeks pretty much launched this iteration of the Bateses on teevee, I don't know that I give them much of a pass for public registries, either. They may not have as many, but they still have leghumpers of their own (see Rodrigues, Jill). 

• Love 4

IIRC, Erin did make her wedding a free for all. The only reason I remember is that I was trying to convince my cousin in Tenn. to crash it so she could give me the dirt but she wouldn't go, lol. No booze, no dancing and no real food was kind of a tough sell.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

Yeah, all of these weddings (sans Smuggar's, which was around 300-ish) have been monstrous. I am just glad that JinJer seem to have a handle on the guest list. Even Jill and Jessa had huge weddings, although they sent out actual invitations (remember Smuggar making Jessa's?). It wasn't quite the cattle call we saw with the Bateses, as far as guest lists go, at any rate. 

Michael's registry was also modest, as to be expected, but it was still public. With 800 people, you'd think SOME of them could buy a gift. Not JRod, she just wants food and adulation, but certainly some of the others?

Oh man. If Jinger does hope to limit the guest list, I hope she keeps the date and/or location a secret. Couldn't you just see some fame-hungry families (*cough*Jill Rodrigues*cough*) not getting an invite but going anyway because "surely they intended to invite me! I went to Jill's and Jessa's weddings!"

• Love 3

One has to wonder if they dispensed with traditional invites or are sending announcements after The Deed is done.

It's almost September. If they're planning on featuring that wedding at the end of the season in October, they need videotape and they need it now. 

I'll be floored if they manage to NOT publicize a registry. We've already seen that they've been to Ava Laurianne (or however that bridal salon is spelled). It's important to grift from the leghumpers!

• Love 1

How long does it take to edit reality TV? Do you all think they're planning a VSE for November sweeps?

Or does TV even have sweeps anymore, considering how very few programs run from Fall to Spring?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How long does it take to edit reality TV? Do you all think they're planning a VSE for November sweeps?

Or does TV even have sweeps anymore, considering how very few programs run from Fall to Spring?

Even though they are a highly-rated show for TLC, I don't think they have the ad revenue right now to be a viable option during Sweeps, especially if Smuggar makes an appearance before then (rumored, not really believing it) . The wedding will either be a season finale (which times out to 10/25) or shown during December sometime. 

They can easily splice together footage in 10 days; the VSE is going to have oodles of lead-up shit, plus a Jill/Jessa retrospetive. They won't have to fill two hours with content filmed a couple of weeks prior (I'm predicting a 10/15 wedding, could be even sooner for TLC's purposes). Jessa's engagement was only 10 weeks, Jill's just shy of 3 months. 

• Love 2

The thing with the garter and bouquet toss - no one is forced to try and catch them. So whoever does is a willing participant. 

I HAVE to tell this very true story from the 80s. I was at a distant friend's wedding and I caught the bouquet.  I was wearing a borrowed dress that was a bit snug.  Well the DJ set up a chair where I would sit and the garter-catching man would put the garter on me then we would dance, all spotlighted and videotaped.  Well when I sat down in the chair my  borrowed dress split open all the way over the butt.  I was glued into the chair mortified, I would not get up and dance, everyone was clapping and prodding me and I kept shaking my head "no".  Eventually they gave up and I slinked outta there backwards.  True story.  Now I will go and call for an appointment with a therapist....

• Love 24
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Even though they are a highly-rated show for TLC, I don't think they have the ad revenue right now to be a viable option during Sweeps, especially if Smuggar makes an appearance before then (rumored, not really believing it) . The wedding will either be a season finale (which times out to 10/25) or shown during December sometime. 

They can easily splice together footage in 10 days; the VSE is going to have oodles of lead-up shit, plus a Jill/Jessa retrospetive. They won't have to fill two hours with content filmed a couple of weeks prior (I'm predicting a 10/15 wedding, could be even sooner for TLC's purposes). Jessa's engagement was only 10 weeks, Jill's just shy of 3 months. 

I dunno, they're playing the courtship so hard (so very, very hard) in the upfront promos, they'll have to end it with the wedding/Jessa spawn combo VSE at the end. 

(Kinda OT, but do you think Jessa is going to get pregnant every time a sibling gets married?)

• Love 4
On 8/24/2016 at 7:26 PM, Vaysh said:

Reading the article above, I hate the way they always have to describe potential husbands (or first borns sons, or anyone with a penis) as "true leaders". First of all, there are very few "true leaders" in this world and the Duggars haven't managed to produce or catch a single one so far. And second wtf marriage is a partnership why the hell would you need a leader in the first place? Fuck patriarchy, I'm getting stabby just thinking about it.

You can say that again.

• Love 3

My Keurig lasted 3 years, and that was after the infamous paperclip cleaning, vinegar wash, and literally dumping the thing upside down to get it to function. Never again. 

Of course, today, I went to Starbucks for a latte after a 3 week hiatus, and it triggered a panic attack (granted, it was a triple shot). How strange that even a few weeks ago, I could handle triple shots on a daily basis. Maybe Jinger will serve an espresso/chocolate cake with dark chocolate mirror icing? I'd settle for a tame vanilla latte at this point. 

Who am I fooling? They won't choose any of the cakes they were filmed tasting. They just want to frame the show as more mainstream and using their wedding planning "on the fast track" to do it. But going back, I am pretty sure that I remember Jill and Derick doing a cake tasting and, IIRC, rejecting them all. Because rubes (or rube...Derick probably didn't have any fucks to give just returning from Nepal and all). 

Rats, I tried to upload my wedding "cake," which was a two-tiered Italian creampuff confection from a real deal bakery in North Beach (SF). We didn't need to taste. :D

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Arwen, it's profiteroles. It's a light custard filling, mixed with cream, rather than straight-up whipped cream. You really only need one to be full. Especially after the informal, outdoor picnic lunch we fed our guests. :D

Hey Jeremy, you're Italian!!!!! We didn't think of cost; we just didn't want a big cake (or ice cream). Thank goodness we eschewed ice cream. The average high in the town we were married in is almost as cool as San Francisco (this was in August). However, that day, it was over 90! Thank heavens the Tower of Puffs was served indoors and stayed cool. 

Venue: Parents' house. Guests: 50. Perfect. 

Jinger could emerge from down that breezeway in the TTH, right? I wonder if that's the direction they're going; it would certainly limit the number of guests. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jinger could emerge from down that breezeway in the TTH, right? I wonder if that's the direction they're going; it would certainly limit the number of guests. 

I'll be shocked if there are nuptials at the TTH. Remember the issues with the septic tank during and after the post-reception wingding at KJB and J-Chelle's house?

It will also be difficult for Jinger's parents to restock the TTH yet again if she goes for a modest wedding and a password-protected registry.

• Love 2

Where would they need those 48 sets of bedding? Tents? The treehouse? That shed the two boys drug up a hill (with the help of a big truck in the back)? Oh dear, that thing could be the wedding venue! 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Where would they need those 48 sets of bedding? Tents? The treehouse? That shed the two boys drug up a hill (with the help of a big truck in the back)? Oh dear, that thing could be the wedding venue! 

I'm sure they'll find a use for it. After all, didn't they request three different sets of kitchen knives when they don't cook in the first place?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Who am I fooling? They won't choose any of the cakes they were filmed tasting. They just want to frame the show as more mainstream and using their wedding planning "on the fast track" to do it. But going back, I am pretty sure that I remember Jill and Derick doing a cake tasting and, IIRC, rejecting them all. Because rubes (or rube...Derick probably didn't have any fucks to give just returning from Nepal and all). 

Rats, I tried to upload my wedding "cake," which was a two-tiered Italian creampuff confection from a real deal bakery in North Beach (SF). We didn't need to taste. :D

Dude, I don't need to taste it to know it was freaking delicious, though I wish I could.  (I really like cake, okay?)

It seems they are giving this show over to the Wedding Industrial Complex/Child Rearing Industry (the two go hand-in-hand).  Not shocking.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Sew, you mean something like a croque-en-bouche?

They still haven't recovered from couscous...

Can they even eat tiramisu? it has rum. Granted only a tiny amount but still. lol  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Can they even eat tiramisu? it has rum. Granted only a tiny amount but still. lol  

They might eat it by "accident", if anyone here remembers the insistence of the four eldest daughters that they drank alcohol at a party "by accident".

Tiramisu is much too exotic for this bunch. They'll probably serve Sam's Club sheet cake and Kool Aid/ginger ale "punch".

• Love 3

They can have the Friend of Jill who made the Dullard's cake make theirs.  Or maybe Sierra can whip up something with chocolate dipped strawberries on top.  Remember she was the cake queen- she  saved the day by (supposedly) resurrecting  Michael's first birthday cake.  We knew better.

Maybe Jing can one up Jessa & have gelato instead of ice cream.  Once again, does she even know what gelato is? 

• Love 1