Type keyword(s) to search

Good Media: Articles, Clips, Previews, Reviews

(edited)
8 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Depends on which country you're in. Here in The Netherlands it's the day after the episode airs on NBC but it may be different in other countries.

It streams on Hulu in the US before it goes to Netflix. 

Last year it wasn’t tied to the DVD release but started on Netflix a few weeks before the season 2 premiere.

Edited by biakbiak
(edited)
56 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Last year it wasn’t tied to the DBD release but started on Netflix a few weeks before the season 2 premiere.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if it's on US Netflix before Labor Day.

Edited by BoogieBurns
(edited)

The show only got one Emmy nomination: for Ted as lead actor.

Writer/producer/creator of the restaurant names in The Good Place, Meghan Amram, also received an Emmy nomination for her short An Emmy for Meghan.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The show only got one Emmy nomination: for Ted as lead actor.

Writer/producer/creator of the restaurant names in The Good Place also received an Emmy nomination for her short An Emmy for Meghan.

Two nominations: Maya Rudolph got nominated for guest actress as the Judge. 

• Love 2

While I'm glad the show got a bit of recognition for Ted and Maya, the fact that it wasn't nominated for best comedy, when some shows that really aren't even comedies get nominated, is mind-boggling to me. Kristen deserved a nomination, too. The whole thing is bullshirt.  

• Love 18

I love Barry on HBO, but it's not a comedy, it has comedic moments, but it your show is half an hour, it's gonna be a comedy.

Also, there is only one network comedy nominated this year, so I think the Academy is trying to be hip and cool by leaving out network shows.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Oops thanks, that wasn’t in the article.

I looked at an extended list because I was trying to see if Jane the Virgin got ANYTHING (they didn't) and I found Maya there. It's not on most overview lists. Her ceremony will be the week or two before at the Creative Arts Emmy's with all other guest actor nominees. Hoping she and SKB win for their guest spots on Good Place and Brooklyn Nine-Nine respectively!

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, cpcathy said:

Also, there is only one network comedy nominated this year, so I think the Academy is trying to be hip and cool by leaving out network shows.

That's been going on for a few years now, which annoys me because, even if you grant the argument that broadcast programming is all same-old-same-old while streaming/cable TV is the only innovative medium (which I don't think is entirely true), they're still ignoring a huge group of network-show actors, crew, etc. whose work ought to be acknowledged.

So I got my season 2 DVDs, the extras are kind of sparse, only one episode has commentary and the blooper reel is not as funny as last year's. Still worth the money, but I thought I'd give y'all a heads up.

• Love 2

The Good Place had a mini replica of the set at Comic Con. Some annoying people from ET got to check it out before it opened to the public:

Highlights from the official Comic Con panel:

TV Line/Michael Ausiello interview with the cast at Comic Con:

On 7/10/2018 at 5:49 PM, ajsnaves said:

According to my Xfinity OnDemand, the second season is available until Aug. 27th,  I would not be surprised if it appears on Netflix (US) on or about Aug. 28th.

And Aug. 28th is when it goes up on Netflix.  

On 7/23/2018 at 4:34 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

TV Line/Michael Ausiello interview with the cast at Comic Con:

That cast. I love them. Kristen is wrapped in Will's arms? Why are they all so sweet?!? I'm gonna cry on this show's final episode.

On 7/27/2018 at 12:53 PM, ajsnaves said:

And Aug. 28th is when it goes up on Netflix.  

I saw that.  Luckily we bought DirectvNow, (so we could watch ‘Alone’), but I found ‘The Good Place’ on there as well.

Binge watching this weekend!  Yay for me!

I find the shooting schedule for this show interesting, I know it’s almost half of what many shows are but they have already wrapped season 3 and started shooting in June or late May. Opens up the cast and writers to a ton of other opportunities.

13 hours ago, possibilities said:

I usually just find these kinds of sneak previews annoying, but I LOVED this one. I LOVED IT. They VERY briefly recapped seasons 1 and 2, and showed a new scene from S3. And it was great. I am really excited about it.

Agreed. Everything about that was utterly delightful. Hopefully NBC uploads it shortly for anyone who missed it. 

• Love 1

My DVR had this set to record, but all I ended up getting was the last ten minutes of a talk show. Booo. A quick search revealed that someone recorded the preview on their phone and kindly uploaded the video to the youtube, so at least I got to sort of watch it. Hopefully NBC will put the real thing up somewhere soon.

Can anyone please tell me if I am correct in thinking that Mike Shur has previously stated he has the story all planned out for three seasons and will not go beyond that?  I could swear that I read that a while back, but perhaps I imagined or dreamed it. 

On the ratings site I have read comments by people fretting that the demo might be too low for renewal, which made me wonder if I am wrong thinking The Good Place will for sure be over when this season is finished.  I hope it's okay to ask in this thread.  People here seem to really know everything that's going on with this show.

On 10/7/2018 at 6:38 PM, AnnaRose said:

Can anyone please tell me if I am correct in thinking that Mike Shur has previously stated he has the story all planned out for three seasons and will not go beyond that?  I could swear that I read that a while back, but perhaps I imagined or dreamed it. 

On the ratings site I have read comments by people fretting that the demo might be too low for renewal, which made me wonder if I am wrong thinking The Good Place will for sure be over when this season is finished.  I hope it's okay to ask in this thread.  People here seem to really know everything that's going on with this show.

He’s said they’re already plotting season four—maybe on the podcast?—but that the show absolutely can’t go on indefinitely. I don’t know if he specified a number of seasons, though. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

He’s said they’re already plotting season four—maybe on the podcast?—but that the show absolutely can’t go on indefinitely. I don’t know if he specified a number of seasons, though. 

Oh, okay.  Thank you so much for letting me know!  I could have sworn I read that they didn't want to go past three seasons.  I wonder if they have a good resolution though if it doesn't get renewed after this season?  I don't think the ratings have been very good.  Then again, they are short seasons with only 13 episodes and a lot of critical acclaim, so perhaps NBC has agreed to let it play out regardless of ratings.

• Love 1