Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: A New York Family Affair

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kanye invites the entire family to NYC for his fashion show, but Khloe is torn over whether Lamar can handle such a big first appearance since his accident.  Meanwhile, Kim tries to keep Scott busy in hopes that he'll stay out of trouble, and Lamar meets Caitlyn for the first time.

Edited by OnceSane

Family vay-cays will surely be interesting if Kris intends to invite the entire family including Rob, his lovely baby-mama Blac Cyna and of course the baby Rob.  Maybe Kylie will bring Tyga again.

If that particular family vacation ever comes to fruition, then it will definitely be on my bucket list of things to watch before I die.

• Love 6
(edited)

Maybe I'm just not the forgiving type.  Cheat and/or whore around on my daughter or sister?  You better not show your face around me again.  I can certainly understand the Kardashians not wanting Lamar to die.  Treat him like a hero?  Nope.  I may offer her some emotional support, but you know I'd be watching out to make sure she didn't get hurt again.  That dog will never be trained to stay in the yard.  Lamar looks like he couldn't care less about any of it. 

Edited by beagletime
  • Love 8

before Lamar overdosed and almost died, the whole family except Kris talked smack about him and now they are like "oh Lamar, you are a part of our family and you always were." Beagle, I get where you are coming from, they are talking from both sides of their mouths regarding Lamar. 

• Love 6

Scott too, Kim was so concerned he'd try to weasel back in with Kourtney, but then invites him to the show and yammers about how she loves him.

Then they pressure Kourtney to move on and find a new man.  

Nice of Khloe to share those pictures of Lamar in the hospital, the type of picture she was trying so hard to keep from being taken and sold to the press. What a two face! Anything for ratings. Loved her having a script for her little TV show, can't even make small talk off the top of her head.

• Love 10

I always don't know what to say on the Lamer thing. Before his hospital situation, I was kind of right there with Kim on the fact that he cheated on Khloe and also had a drug problem going on and clearly was refusing to work on the marriage and the problem and leaving Khloe to handle everything. Like selling their house and not picking up the stuff he wanted, which while that seems like such a small stupid thing to get upset about, I understood why it's hard for someone to have to go through things you shared as a couple and decide what to keep, give away, etc. And then his hospital thing happened and I feel for him in the sense that he has a problem and I was glad in a way Khloe stuck by his side, but then in the show, she is making out to be such  a  whole thing and the hero act with the show is another thing as well. I just don't know what to say. In a way I sort of feel for Khloe, it really is a damned if she does ANYTHING, damned if she doesn't.

I think Kim is really the only who showed actual disdain when Khloe was still talking to Lamer. Kourtney's speech to him in the car about the last time she saw him, seemed  genuine. Also before the show was letting us know what was going on with Lamer and Khloe when Rob still lived with them, Kourtney always expressed wanting to hang out with the couple but that Khloe would always cancel dinners if they were supposed to go out and Rob was like, "you just have to show up, text me and I'll let you know if they are around".

I like seeing the family all together for an event for a full episode like this. Enjoy it more than all of them separate in their own worlds/plots.

I laughed at Caitlyn holding open the make up bag for Kim while Kim took and used Caitlyn's makeup. Also Caitlyn's asking Kris to go to the bathroom with her.

So Khloe/Lamar take 2 on marriage is possibly on the table. But they'd divorce still first. 

The synopsis/episode title is wrong, it's for one later in the season. This title is "A New York Family Affair". 

• Love 1

I'm no biblical scholar, but I'm pretty sure that if you die by overdose in a whorehouse, Jesus is not greeting you at the pearly gates. When Lamar was talking about dreaming about people who had passed while in his coma, but no Jesus, my guess was he saw his sleazy friend Jamie and Hitler. And what was all the crazy talk about God answering everyone's prayers and saving Lamar? I guess God let a few innocent kids with leukemia die so that he could focus his energies on Lamar. And Lamar does not have one fuck to give about any of it. He's just biding his time in house arrest before he goes out drugging and whoring again. He obviously did not learn one thing from his whole near-death experience. Which was apparently bad because we got to see the hospital photos. What a shitshow.

There aren't even words to describe the hot mess that was Kanye's fashion show. I'm sure I put together similar "designs" as a kid by combining my mom's old pantyhose, costume jewelry, and pink fluffy bathmat. Sadly, nobody recognized my "talent."

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

The synopsis/episode title is wrong, it's for one later in the season. This title is "A New York Family Affair". 

Fixed!  IDK why the other title/description was listed for tonight on tvguide.com when I checked it.

Khloe won't stop, 'there might be too much noise for Lammy" "he can't be around all those people" "I'm so worried for him" meanwhile even Malika is telling her to loosen up on the chains. She just can't stop being everyone's mommy.

• Love 5
(edited)

Khloe does like taking care of people. I remember her saying she was always taking care of Kendall and Kylie when they were babies and such. It was mentioned on the E! True Hollywood story and mentioned on the show in the first season when Khloe wanted a DNA test and she said something like, "I was always around to take care of Kendall and Kylie. It was..fine but it wasn't something you know I wanted to be doing at that age". It might just be something she feels she has to do now. With Lamer, though, it has verged on strange though. I remember when the whole family went to NY for something and Khloe and Lamer's hotel was filled to the brim with all of Lamer's favorite candy. And they were only staying for like a few days. It was kind of crazy.  

These first two episodes have been kind of boring as hell. I guess next week will be better as I think I am waiting for Rob to turn up and speak his mind to his sisters. This whole BC mess has made me like him a lot more. Only because I can't get over how these people talked about their brother in the past. Whatever. 

The hug Khloe gave Cait at the end of dinner was very awkward. I think their relationship has been strained. I think Cait loves all the glamour and glitz of what her life has now become and she thinks that since the kids are all older, so no longer needs to act like the parent she once was because that's all in the past and was a different person with different traits. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

The hug Khloe gave Cait at the end of dinner was very awkward. I think their relationship has been strained. I think Cait loves all the glamour and glitz of what her life has now become and she thinks that since the kids are all older, so no longer needs to act like the parent she once was because that's all in the past and was a different person with different traits. 

This behavior from Cait is the worst especially when she expects for everyone to be so supportive of her but what the heck does she do to be supportive of any of them except show up for events to keep herself in the spotlight.Her ability to disconnect so quickly from her step-children shows how full of crap her act always was - and I am sure it hurts the kids and Kris because they invested, trusted and loved the relationship they had with Bruce. Now she publicly lets them and the whole world know that she could care less about them and that is pretty cold. I really think they should all treat her the same and have very little to do with her - treat her just as coldly instead of this back and forth with her about he said / she said. Why do it anymore by continuing to talk to Caitlyn they are only asking for more hurt and abuse it obvious and painful to watch. This is much worse than Scott in my opinion who at least expresses and considers their feelings with all of them- much more understandable to watch them with him than with the wonderful Caitlyn Jenner.

• Love 5

Caitlyn just gets worse and worse.  Had to point out that her bag was "Balmain" like she's the only one in that group that has a designer bag.  Then all over Lamar with the "alot has happened" and "we need to talk"  - clearly she was dying to make it all about her and her transition.  I was glad everyone pretty much ignored it.  And asking Kris to go to the bathroom with her - she keeps shoving her transition in their faces every chance she gets.

(I just read this in an InTouch magazine:  Tina Fey apparently told Howard Stern some of her thoughts on the people she mingled with at the Academy Awards and she had this to say about Caitlyn at the Vanity Fair after party: "You could tell she was like, I'm the biggest deal in here."). That's exactly the impression I get from her.

And it was Kim that pushed Lamar going to the fashion show - I'm sure because she saw the publicity value. Oh, yeah, and Kanye's music "saved" Lamar - must not forget about the healing powers of Kanye West. It amazes me that they are able to say half this stuff with straight faces.

• Love 15
(edited)

It amazes me that they are able to say half this stuff with straight faces.

Given how overly botoxed most of them are (and god only knows what else their faces and lips have been injected with), it's only normal.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4

I guess I see this all differently than most. When someone is going through a breakup most of time  the family is going to stick up for their sister,brother,mom etc. I can tell you when this happened in my family we did say mean things out of anger for  my brother.  Once things died down and they separated eventually   We did love his ex and missed her in our lives so we mended the relationship.

this family was excited to see Lamar including little Penelope talking to him via FaceTime. Lamar out of his own mouth mentioned Kanye's music being a help to him.  The K family has issues just like all families do but they do stick by those they truly care about. 

• Love 1

I guess I see this all differently than most. When someone is going through a breakup most of time  the family is going to stick up for their sister,brother,mom etc. I can tell you when this happened in my family we did say mean things out of anger for  my brother.  Once things died down and they separated eventually   We did love his ex and missed her in our lives so we mended the relationship.

I agree. Lamar and Scott were in their lives for awhile, so while they made shitty decisions that affected family members. I do think when the dust settles that the family can care about them and want them to do well. I think they are nicer to Scott, because he has children with Kourtney, so it is probably best if they get along or at least are cordial. I think even though Lamar was making bad choices, Kris was concerned for him. Then everything went down with Lamar so I can see them helping out, glad that he is doing better, and helping him get back on his feet. My issue is with them trotting out Lamar like a sideshow. Obviously Lamar had to sign a release to appear on the show, but something about it to me just felt smarmy about it. He was talking and almost saying the right things, but for me it was like he was there, but not really there. I am probably not making sense.

• Love 4

Lamar is hardly the victim here.  He has a reputation of being a hard core drug addict, who continuously cheated on his marriage.  He threw away his career, his family.  Yet Khloe chooses to coddle and protect him, but chooses to go to war with Caitlyn (who from all indications has been good to Khloe).  Messed up.

When you think of the "in-laws" with this family (Lamar, Scott, Tyga, Chyna), Kanye is looking more and more like the responsible one.  Geez.

1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

I agree. Lamar and Scott were in their lives for awhile, so while they made shitty decisions that affected family members. I do think when the dust settles that the family can care about them and want them to do well. I think they are nicer to Scott, because he has children with Kourtney, so it is probably best if they get along or at least are cordial. I think even though Lamar was making bad choices, Kris was concerned for him. Then everything went down with Lamar so I can see them helping out, glad that he is doing better, and helping him get back on his feet. My issue is with them trotting out Lamar like a sideshow. Obviously Lamar had to sign a release to appear on the show, but something about it to me just felt smarmy about it. He was talking and almost saying the right things, but for me it was like he was there, but not really there. I am probably not making sense.

He did seem kind of slow on the uptake, also his face seemed very swollen. Perhaps a side effect of his medications?

Kim was so anxious to have him at Kanye's show, I guess she wanted the publicity for her hubby. Supposedly he made outfits for the whole family, but not Lamar? I get that Lamar is VERRRYY tall, but since nothing he designs seems to fit correctly anyway he could have rustled up something.

So the only people who can exploit Lamar are Khloe and family. She was so careful not to have anyone taking pictures of him or getting news on his condition, BUT, suddenly she's sharing pics of him with tubes stuck in him and discussing his almost dying. He's not competent to stay home alone, can't have a cell phone, but can sign a release to allow his medical conditions to be discussed on a reality show? Poor Lammy, Khloe is selling you out, along with Kris and Kim.

Loved the discussion of getting him a dog!! What happened to Bernard? The beautiful boxer. Another dog banished to live at Burt Jenner's dog boarding facility? Along with Kendall's Great Dane, where's the never seen again bulldog Kylie and Tyga had? And all those random puppies Kylie totes around. The only dog we still see regularly is the one black Lab, Gabana. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Kim was so anxious to have him at Kanye's show, I guess she wanted the publicity for her hubby. Supposedly he made outfits for the whole family, but not Lamar? I get that Lamar is VERRRYY tall, but since nothing he designs seems to fit correctly anyway he could have rustled up something.

Hee! I am surprised that Kanye did not have a nude bodysuit and a muppet coat for Lamar. Who was the lady that was talking to the Kardashian's backstage and said she could put some holes in her dress and call it a Kanye design? I believe she was being complimentary, but it was like inadvertent snark to me.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4

Around the time of the MSG show there was paparazzi video of Lamar and he seemed out of it. The still photos made it sound like he was perfectly fine, but then I remember seeing that video and you can tell something was very off with him. At one point he was clutching on to Khloe and he looked like a scared child and it looked like his lips were swollen and quivering. The picture of him laying in the hospital bed was so disturbing. I had no problem with the brief clip of him learning to walk again, but the bed photo? Awful. Really. awful.

• Love 2

Kris and her spawn all suffer from Florence Nightingale effect.  Their SO's are their patients.  The "sicker" they are, the more the ladies can publicly martyr themselves, and convince themselves that their loves will never leave them.  If their conditions improve, the ladies can take all of the credit.  If their conditions worsen (like Lamar last fall), they can swoop into the spotlight and make it all about them. 

This is the only reason I can come up with for why Kris would have stayed with Caitlyn for 20+ years, knowing - what I suspect was pretty much from day 1 - that Caitlyn was transgendered, had already attempted to transition earlier, and that it was not merely a "man-boob situation".  Caitlyn was her project, her Lamar/Scott/Tyga, and the longer and harder she tried to keep Caitlyn walkin', talkin', and lookin' like "Bruce" to the outside world, the more suffering she would appear to endure, and convince herself that only the cosmos would only hand these immense challenges in life to people who were as gifted and special as herself and her offspring. 

I'm really hoping that Lamar's main driver to fly across the country, away from his doctors, risk his health and sobriety was really to see his kids, and the Kanye show was just a stopover.  Otherwise, what that family is doing is tantamount to playing Weekend at Bernie's with the dude. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Caitlyn just gets worse and worse.  Had to point out that her bag was "Balmain" like she's the only one in that group that has a designer bag.  Then all over Lamar with the "alot has happened" and "we need to talk"  - clearly she was dying to make it all about her and her transition.  I was glad everyone pretty much ignored it.  And asking Kris to go to the bathroom with her - she keeps shoving her transition in their faces every chance she gets.

I wish we'd seen more of Lamar meets Caitlyn for the first time.  I know this is a little off topic for KUWTK, however we've seen Caitlyn meet new girlfriends and restart relationships with her (mostly) female family members, but we haven't seen too much of Caitlyn reuniting with cis gendered men in her life.  There was that dude who fixed her hobby copters, and Kanye and Scott but that's about it.  All of these years that Caitlyn lived as a manly man athlete, I'm sure she's concerned about the reaction of her fellow athletes.  I mean, she reacted so well to that stupid little tweet Kris Humpries sent out last year.

3 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Around the time of the MSG show there was paparazzi video of Lamar and he seemed out of it. The still photos made it sound like he was perfectly fine, but then I remember seeing that video and you can tell something was very off with him. At one point he was clutching on to Khloe and he looked like a scared child and it looked like his lips were swollen and quivering. The picture of him laying in the hospital bed was so disturbing. I had no problem with the brief clip of him learning to walk again, but the bed photo? Awful. Really. awful.

My sense through the whole thing was that Lamar was used to (a) bring more attention to Kanye's "fashion" show, (b) episode ratings, and (c) Kardashian publicity.   Flying across the country, back and forth, attending a media spectacle, a dinner, pretty much a full day when he hadn't been out of the hospital all that long and was probably medicated- really risky and must have been exhausting.  And I wonder if Lamar realized what it would entail. (But I suppose if he relapsed, Kanye could have healed him..again).

Khloe should have been the one to put her foot down and say no but then she's also the one taking pictures of him in his hospital bed and sharing them with the world. 

I can't think of one single reason why someone would take that photo, and I don't care how big a fame whore that person (Khloe) is.  There was no excuse for it. And then to make is a part of your television show?  In what corner of even a Kardashian Mind,  would you think that was a good idea?

Surprised she didn't put it on Instagram. Or tweet it.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

My sense through the whole thing was that Lamar was used to (a) bring more attention to Kanye's "fashion" show, (b) episode ratings, and (c) Kardashian publicity.   Flying across the country, back and forth, attending a media spectacle, a dinner, pretty much a full day when he hadn't been out of the hospital all that long and was probably medicated- really risky and must have been exhausting.  And I wonder if Lamar realized what it would entail. (But I suppose if he relapsed, Kanye could have healed him..again).

Khloe should have been the one to put her foot down and say no but then she's also the one taking pictures of him in his hospital bed and sharing them with the world. 

I can't think of one single reason why someone would take that photo, and I don't care how big a fame whore that person (Khloe) is.  There was no excuse for it. And then to make is a part of your television show?  In what corner of even a Kardashian Mind,  would you think that was a good idea?

Surprised she didn't put it on Instagram. Or tweet it.

I don't think there's anything that this family, from Caitlyn and Kris down to Kylie, won't sell for ratings. Even if Lamar had died, there would have been some way, some how, pictures of him on his death bed  made public.  I'm tired of hearing about how the paparazzi haunt them, and stalk them and bother them. TOO FUCKING BAD. Khloe was so "protective" of Lamar, she wouldn't leave his bedside. Was pissed that someone had the nerve to ask him for picture, IN HIS CONDITION, she complained. BUT she's got a whole camera full of pictures of him at his worst? And now she decides to share them on her TV show, for ratings. Who does that? Who sits at someone's bedside, after being told they have 4 hours to live and takes pictures of them? How fucked up is that? Who takes on responsibility for someone they profess to love forever and then complains what a burden it is to be constantly asked how that person is doing, declare how they DESERVE to get drunk and fucked up because of the pressure they're under? What pressure? Sitting in a hospital room taking selfies and following yourself on the internet to make sure just enough information is getting out there to keep the public interested, but not too much, so they have to tune in next week to see how things turn out?. As much as Khloe complains about Caitlyn, she's just like her. She wants all the attention on her.

Kim wanted Lamar there to get public attention, to make it appear that the cheers and applause were for that collection of rags her hubby passed off as fashion, instead of for Lamar. The expression on her face as she looked in the mirror at her sprayed blond hair, and that fuzzy coat that made her look 3 times as fat as she thinks she is, said it all. She knew damn well she and the others looked like shit.

• Love 9

One thing you have to say about Kim. She stands by her man! That felt like one long commercial for the greatness of Kanye. These people really believed that was a great fashion show and his designs are spectacular? Are you effin' kidding me? They have all drank the Kanye kool-aid. They all wear what he wants them to wear. They all say what he wants them to say.  Except Scott. He was the only one who didn't show up. I kind of love him right now for that. Oh, yea, and never mind that Kanye was a raving lunatic on social media just a short month ago! Kim sure put her foot down on that shit, must have shut him right down, and got him some meds or what ever she needed to do so he wouldn't ruin the empire! 

• Love 4

Okay, so they are rerunning this episode right now. And yes I am watching again, there's nothing on at 6 p.m and nothing I haven't already watched but they just got to the part where everyone is getting ready to enter the fashion show and I find myself now knowing what emotion I couldn't put into place when watching: Disgust. The way that the family's entrance was pretty much choreographed was... done just for buzzworthy. When Kim told Lamer to stay with Kayne for his grand entrance. Yeah, disgust. 

I also noticed all of the name checker of all the super famous models and celebs that were at the fashion show that the show so happily informed us of in attendance. Just to show us how many people were excited to see Kayne and his fashion line. 

Penelope is adorable, even on facetime. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Until she doesn't. 3rd marriage.

This is so true. Kim does stand by Kayne, but because he is Kayne West. I remember how she was with Kris H. He wanted to send his things to her home and she flipped. 

• Love 6

Kim looks ridiculously stupid in her stupid face-pulling braids and her stupid, stupid fur coats that cover her stupid arms.  Don't they live in L.A.?  Isn't it warm there?  And yet, she stuffs her ass into sausage-casing dresses and covers it all up with fur.  She actually manages to look more ridiculous with each passing episode, and that is no small accomplishment.

Welcome, Rob, to next week's episode!  Come on in, bring your bae, and stir up some dissention and rage amongst your sisters!  Can't wait!

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Kim looks ridiculously stupid in her stupid face-pulling braids and her stupid, stupid fur coats that cover her stupid arms.  Don't they live in L.A.?  Isn't it warm there?  And yet, she stuffs her ass into sausage-casing dresses and covers it all up with fur.  She actually manages to look more ridiculous with each passing episode, and that is no small accomplishment.

Welcome, Rob, to next week's episode!  Come on in, bring your bae, and stir up some dissention and rage amongst your sisters!  Can't wait!

I am glad I wasnt the only one who thought Kim looked silly wearing that darn fur coat (any huge fur coat actually). It looked like a bear or a wild animal was trying to eat her or something lol 

Edited by RoxieBear73
  • Love 3
On 5/9/2016 at 9:45 PM, RoxieBear73 said:

before Lamar overdosed and almost died,

I think you mean, "had his accident."

On 5/9/2016 at 11:02 PM, Artsda said:

I laughed at Caitlyn holding open the make up bag for Kim while Kim took and used Caitlyn's makeup. Also Caitlyn's asking Kris to go to the bathroom with her.

I took the overly eager "do you want to share makeup?!?! Who wants to come to the bathrolm with me?!?!" comments as evidence that Caitlyn spent hours on pinterest and tumblr researching how to be a stereotypical 16 year old girl.

22 hours ago, Jodio said:

I'm no biblical scholar, but I'm pretty sure that if you die by overdose in a whorehouse, Jesus is not greeting you at the pearly gates. When Lamar was talking about dreaming about people who had passed while in his coma, but no Jesus, my guess was he saw his sleazy friend Jamie and Hitler. And what was all the crazy talk about God answering everyone's prayers and saving Lamar? I guess God let a few innocent kids with leukemia die so that he could focus his energies on Lamar. 

Well, it was October. The world series was also going on at the time. You know how invested God is in professional sports. And there were like 17 Republican presidential candidates clamoring for His endorsement. 

I joke, of course. I was a Catholic school kid.

15 hours ago, mwell345 said:

And it was Kim that pushed Lamar going to the fashion show - I'm sure because she saw the publicity value. Oh, yeah, and Kanye's music "saved" Lamar - must not forget about the healing powers of Kanye West. It amazes me that they are able to say half this stuff with straight faces.

I think Kanye will only make his brief cameos on the show if his ass is kissed at every turn.

• Love 6

I loved kim admitting those coats are all just to cover her fat butt. Also I'm terrible about linking but there were a lot of articles at the time of this show from attendees about what a mess it was.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, truelovekiss said:

I think you mean, "had his accident."

I took the overly eager "do you want to share makeup?!?! Who wants to come to the bathrolm with me?!?!" comments as evidence that Caitlyn spent hours on pinterest and tumblr researching how to be a stereotypical 16 year old girl.

Well, it was October. The world series was also going on at the time. You know how invested God is in professional sports. And there were like 17 Republican presidential candidates clamoring for His endorsement. 

I joke, of course. I was a Catholic school kid.

I think Kanye will only make his brief cameos on the show if his ass is kissed at every turn.

Kissed but never fingered.

• Love 3
(edited)

I highly doubt the K family needs to use poor Lamar Odom for publicity. They get more than enough publicity keeps them going from people who don't like them and want to mock them for the sport of it! The paps are constantly tracking their every move.

lamar himself as admitted he wanted the photos  out there for people to see.  People talk about the K family like they are the evil empire but if Lamar has such loving birth family why aren't they around? Why because they don't care about anything but his money.  Lamar is going to require constant care for a while and the baby mama and others don't want to put in the work.

I enjoy seeing the family together. I enjoyed seeing north excited to see he daddy! But then I don't see the K family as the Evil Empire.

Edited by MsDiva2007
  • Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, Jodio said:

I'm no biblical scholar, but I'm pretty sure that if you die by overdose in a whorehouse, Jesus is not greeting you at the pearly gates. When Lamar was talking about dreaming about people who had passed while in his coma, but no Jesus, my guess was he saw his sleazy friend Jamie and Hitler. And what was all the crazy talk about God answering everyone's prayers and saving Lamar? I guess God let a few innocent kids with leukemia die so that he could focus his energies on Lamar. And Lamar does not have one fuck to give about any of it. He's just biding his time in house arrest before he goes out drugging and whoring again. He obviously did not learn one thing from his whole near-death experience. Which was apparently bad because we got to see the hospital photos. What a shitshow.

There aren't even words to describe the hot mess that was Kanye's fashion show. I'm sure I put together similar "designs" as a kid by combining my mom's old pantyhose, costume jewelry, and pink fluffy bathmat. Sadly, nobody recognized my "talent."

This deserves all the hearts!

• Love 1
(edited)

What a bunch of rich, obnoxious freaks.

Khloe especially was so damn pretentious this episode.  She really thought she was the bom.com (thanks Brooks of RHOC) wearing that damn ugly pink kanye designed whatever hideous thing; and her hair petting was in maximum overdrive.   She's really outdoing Kim in the diva department these days and that's really saying a lot. 

I just don't even have words for Kanye's "Fashion???" show.    WTF was that ?

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, MsDiva2007 said:

I highly doubt the K family needs to use poor Lamar Odom for publicity. They get more than enough publicity keeps them going from people who don't like them and want to mock them for the sport of it! The paps are constantly tracking their every move.

lamar himself as admitted he wanted the photos  out there for people to see.  People talk about the K family like they are the evil empire but if Lamar has such loving birth family why aren't they around? Why because they don't care about anything but his money.  Lamar is going to require constant care for a while and the baby mama and others don't want to put in the work.

I enjoy seeing the family together. I enjoyed seeing north excited to see he daddy! But then I don't see the K family as the Evil Empire.

In my humble opinion, the Kardashian-Jenners have no boundaries and use everything and everyone, including “Lammy” for publicity. There’s never enough publicity for them and not a day when one or all of them are not seeking it out. The paps track their every move? Yep, and that’s because this family has the paps on speed dial, informing them of their every move. The greater part of the average K-J day is spent primping, photo shopping and posting images, and nothing is too intimate, personal or tasteless for them to share on social media. Their life blood is attention; that’s what they thrive on and that’s what they make bank on. In fact, their trip to Cuba was abbreviated because the Cuban people did not know or give a crap about them.

As for Lamar, I don’t believe he’s yet in any shape mentally or emotionally to make rational decisions about issues such as releasing pictures of himself from when he was in the hospital in such a vulnerable state. Why would he want those pictures released? For what purpose? It’s much more likely that he agreed to their release due to pressure from the K’s, just as he agreed to go to Kanye’s fashion show and Easter church services with the family and be part of this episode of KUWTK. I have no idea who Lamar’s birth family is other than his leech of a father, but I don’t think his ex-girlfriend should be responsible for him when he has not been there for her or their children. The point is that if Lamar cannot care for himself and Khloe doesn’t want the responsibility for Lamar and/or cannot protect his privacy, then she should seek to have a guardian ad litem appointed for him. Any other contacts or relationship that she and her family have with Lamar should be kept private and truly in his best interests.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

In my humble opinion, the Kardashian-Jenners have no boundaries and use everything and everyone, including “Lammy” for publicity. There’s never enough publicity for them and not a day when one or all of them are not seeking it out. The paps track their every move? Yep, and that’s because this family has the paps on speed dial, informing them of their every move. The greater part of the average K-J day is spent primping, photo shopping and posting images, and nothing is too intimate, personal or tasteless for them to share on social media. Their life blood is attention; that’s what they thrive on and that’s what they make bank on. In fact, their trip to Cuba was abbreviated because the Cuban people did not know or give a crap about them.

As for Lamar, I don’t believe he’s yet in any shape mentally or emotionally to make rational decisions about issues such as releasing pictures of himself from when he was in the hospital in such a vulnerable state. Why would he want those pictures released? For what purpose? It’s much more likely that he agreed to their release due to pressure from the K’s, just as he agreed to go to Kanye’s fashion show and Easter church services with the family and be part of this episode of KUWTK. I have no idea who Lamar’s birth family is other than his leech of a father, but I don’t think his ex-girlfriend should be responsible for him when he has not been there for her or their children. The point is that if Lamar cannot care for himself and Khloe doesn’t want the responsibility for Lamar and/or cannot protect his privacy, then she should seek to have a guardian ad litem appointed for him. Any other contacts or relationship that she and her family have with Lamar should be kept private and truly in his best interests.

He agreed probably because he's trying to stay in Khloe's good graces. He's a user (of people and drugs). Right now he's in a vulnerable spot and he's relying on Khloe and family to take care of him (shades of Joe Odom?). Khloe's doing everything for him, short of wiping his ass, so he's not about to cut her off, or her family. I bet though, once he is able to have a bit of independence and mobility on his own, he seeks out just the kind of folks he did before and starts up all his old bad habits. He bounced back pretty quickly from his OD, this time, and may not have been scared straight enough to stay away from trouble.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him and Khloe renew their vows and start the whole mess all over again.  

(edited)

I don't feel sorry for Lamar. His lifestyle probably pushed away any "stable" people he had in his life, and what were left were users (aka moochers) and other addicts, who aren't so useful to him now that he's sick/not well/recovering. I believe he and Jaime loved each other like brothers, but Jaime was a drug user too and now he's dead! Who else would Lamar have in his corner?

I agree he's probably trying to stay in Khole's good graces because he needs her at this point and she gets to feel needed.

Lamar also probably doesn't have a lot of people around because he doesn't have a lot of biological family. When you're an only child, and at least one of your parents is deceased, that does cut down on the "family support" you have. I have noticed in my own life people with small biological families tend to seek/make deep intimate friendships to act in place of those peer relationships BUT to do that you need to be a positive functioning force in people's lives. Basically biological relatives are a hell of a lot more likely to put up with your bullshit/mistakes/bad choices and help you get back on your feet if you fall down even when you've been a total asshole to them. Friends tend to help you I've you've generally made good choices but were a victim to unforeseen circumstance .

If I were in that position, yes I probably would've hired an attorney or had a temporary guardian appointed to handle Lamar's affairs while he was recovering just to keep that emotional distance in place BUT I am not in love with the man (which I believe Khole is), nor am I Khole how thrives in the caretaker role (rightly or wrongly). 

Edited by Scarlett45
Added note about Jaime.
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

One thing you have to say about Kim. She stands by her man! That felt like one long commercial for the greatness of Kanye. These people really believed that was a great fashion show and his designs are spectacular? Are you effin' kidding me? They have all drank the Kanye kool-aid. They all wear what he wants them to wear. They all say what he wants them to say.  Except Scott. He was the only one who didn't show up. I kind of love him right now for that. Oh, yea, and never mind that Kanye was a raving lunatic on social media just a short month ago! Kim sure put her foot down on that shit, must have shut him right down, and got him some meds or what ever she needed to do so he wouldn't ruin the empire! 

They always have to leave a few people behind on these trips so the cameras have other storylines to frantically cut back and forth to, in order to make these people look interesting.  I'm no fan of Krap by Kanye, but his fashion sense is a hell of a lot better than Kim pre-Kanye. 

6 hours ago, MsDiva2007 said:

2 hours ago, jnymph said:

Khloe especially was so damn pretentious this episode.  She really thought she was the bom.com (thanks Brooks of RHOC) wearing that damn ugly pink kanye designed whatever hideous thing; and her hair petting was in maximum overdrive.   She's really outdoing Kim in the diva department these days and that's really saying a lot. 

2 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

This was all filmed before Lammy decided to take up drinking again, so at this point they were on their "Saint Khloe" storyline, which is really what they're promoting. At that point in RL, there were a lot of people saying that they didn't believe that Lamar was as bad as the Ks were saying because they saw him going to Kanye's show & walking around. Putting the pictures from the hospital is supposed to show everyone that Lamar was really, really sick & that it was Khloe's love & support that brought him back from what everyone can see in the pictures, near death, because she is just that caring. Of course, now the "Saint Khloe" storyline is ruined because Lamar publically gave Khloe another middle finger when he decided that he liked alcohol better than her, so now she's "stupid Khloe" Again.

As for Lamar, I think he needs the Ks to give him as much publicity as possible. His NBA career is done & who is going to hire some guy who almost died in a whorehouse to endorse their products? He doesn't really have any career options at this point, so any money he can make from the show he's going to take.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, GaT said:

This was all filmed before Lammy decided to take up drinking again, so at this point they were on their "Saint Khloe" storyline, which is really what they're promoting. At that point in RL, there were a lot of people saying that they didn't believe that Lamar was as bad as the Ks were saying because they saw him going to Kanye's show & walking around. Putting the pictures from the hospital is supposed to show everyone that Lamar was really, really sick & that it was Khloe's love & support that brought him back from what everyone can see in the pictures, near death, because she is just that caring. Of course, now the "Saint Khloe" storyline is ruined because Lamar publically gave Khloe another middle finger when he decided that he liked alcohol better than her, so now she's "stupid Khloe" Again.

As for Lamar, I think he needs the Ks to give him as much publicity as possible. His NBA career is done & who is going to hire some guy who almost died in a whorehouse to endorse their products? He doesn't really have any career options at this point, so any money he can make from the show he's going to take.

Khloe may have been at his bedside and handling the day to day, but don't forget it was the mellifluous stylings of one  Kanye "Yeezy" West that performed a miracle and pulled Lamar back from the brink.

• Love 7

Such cringe-worthy awkwardness when Caitlyn kept saying to Lamar that lots of changes have happened and they 'need to talk.' I don't know what I was sensing there --- Was Caitlyn concerned with how Lamar viewed her now? Was she genuinely concerned about Lamar and didn't know how to express it?

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, LizzyCW said:

Such cringe-worthy awkwardness when Caitlyn kept saying to Lamar that lots of changes have happened and they 'need to talk.' I don't know what I was sensing there --- Was Caitlyn concerned with how Lamar viewed her now? Was she genuinely concerned about Lamar and didn't know how to express it?

Thoughts?

I didn't see the exchange but my guess would be, she was making it about herself.

• Love 4