Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E21: Closure

The NATS are excited that graduation is near as they prepare to leave Quantico and head out into the real world for their new assignments. In the future, Alex learns someone she cared about at Quantico is not who they seemed to be, as she finds herself at the heart of another possible attack.

One good thing that has come from this show for me; I will watch Tate Ellington (Simon) in anything (also saw him in Straight Outta Compton last weekend). That guy can act, IMO.

Besides that...there IS a lot of pretty hair?

• Love 9

So it's Liam.  WHAT A SURPRISE.  Not really.  I'm (not) looking forward to whatever cocked-up reasons they supply for his terrorism.  But I'm glad it's not anyone I liked, I guess?

Actually liking characters this week WAS a surprise.  Simon and Raina in the diner were really cute; definitely the best couple this show has supplied (and probably the best actors on the show as well) .  Pity they get so little time together.  And since I've become inexplicably fond of Caleb, I enjoyed his parts in the episode too.  "The Dark Prince," huh?  I'm already sick of Shelby's parents, though.  They "forgot" about her when she was regularly sending money to them?  But now they suddenly feel bad because she's no longer out of sight, out of mind.  Still The Worst.  And Shelby made no sense.  She was supposed to be getting her answers?  I thought she was getting her parents arrested?  Whatever.

Reviewing the investigations of high profile terrorist attacks actually seems like legit work for FBI trainees, so for once I don't have complaints (even if there was a lot of stupid speechifying about how they've been "broken down and built back up" blah blah).  Except maybe the "unrestricted access" to real evidence.

Anyway.  Maybe I'm feeling more charitable because this show is almost over (or maybe it was because I drank two glasses of wine before watching).

• Love 4

WTF? That's all I got, as far as the reveal goes. WTeverlovingF. Let's atone for sins by setting off bombs. Sure.

Why am I watching this? It usually takes 5+ seasons for a show to get this bad. I can't even remember everyone's stories and histories at this point. Or why so many had to be kidnapped and coerced into this ridiculous, convoluted attack. God, this is just so stupid.

• Love 5

So, the mastermind is Liam, huh?  I so can't wait to see what his explanation will be.  Probably something about how he was pissed that the FBI made him escalate the situation in Omaha, but I can't wait to see why he says a whole bunch of civilians deserve to die because of the FBI sins or whatever fucking excuse he will pull out of his ass.

I'm trying to remember: which year is all the stuff at Quantico itself/the flashbacks, suppose to be taking place.  I supposed it was sometime in early/mid 2015, but it was weird hearing Alex make a random Kylo Ren reference, when The Force Awakens didn't come out till December.  Of course, I suspect that it was all just ABC appeasing the Disney overlords with cross-synergy and whatnot.  And the show did make sure to have that bit when Alex was in a sports bra, so I think it was just a "Don't think about it too hard and just enjoy Priyanka Chopra's cleavage!" situation going on there.

Finally find out what put Alex and Shelby at odds.  Basically, Shelby was working with Clayton to bring down her parents, Iris overheard and told Alex, so Alex blabbed it to Ryan and Liam, because she was worried it would ruin Shelby or something.  Disappointing.  I was hoping for something a bit juicer.

It was obvious that Raina wasn't going to take Simon's offer, but their scene was still nice.

It was also nice of Caleb to use his advantages of being the "Dark Prince", and convincing his mom to give Iris clearance.  I still can't figure out how freaking Caleb has become one of the more likable characters on this show.

Bye, Drew!  They really like their deaths to be by explosions on this show.

I suspect Miranda will survive, but if she really thought Liam was the mastermind, then she really was dumb to go in without any back-up.

Finale next week, and they are promising that someone else is going to bite it.  Really kind of indifferent about it.  I prefer some more then others, but I really don't have a strong attachment to any particular character.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

And the show did make sure to have that bit when Alex was in a sports bra, so I think it was just a "Don't think about it too hard and just enjoy Priyanka Chopra's cleavage!" situation going on there.

So she did say something in that scene?

• Love 3

I know realistically Alex's nerves would be that frayed but that scene with Simon trying to calm down a hysterical Alex and get her out of the vehicle was awful. I think because this is Alex's bout of hysterics #456,743.

What is Liam trying to right with bombs earlier and now nukes.

Miranda, I knew you were toast the instant you were there alone. Do you people not watch movies?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Senna said:

So it's Liam.  WHAT A SURPRISE.  Not really.  I'm (not) looking forward to whatever cocked-up reasons they supply for his terrorism.  But I'm glad it's not anyone I liked, I guess?

Actually liking characters this week WAS a surprise.  Simon and Raina in the diner were really cute; definitely the best couple this show has supplied (and probably the best actors on the show as well) .  Pity they get so little time together.  And since I've become inexplicably fond of Caleb, I enjoyed his parts in the episode too.  "The Dark Prince," huh?  I'm already sick of Shelby's parents, though.  They "forgot" about her when she was regularly sending money to them?  But now they suddenly feel bad because she's no longer out of sight, out of mind.  Still The Worst.  And Shelby made no sense.  She was supposed to be getting her answers?  I thought she was getting her parents arrested?  Whatever.

Reviewing the investigations of high profile terrorist attacks actually seems like legit work for FBI trainees, so for once I don't have complaints (even if there was a lot of stupid speechifying about how they've been "broken down and built back up" blah blah).  Except maybe the "unrestricted access" to real evidence.

Anyway.  Maybe I'm feeling more charitable because this show is almost over (or maybe it was because I drank two glasses of wine before watching).

I'm not sure there's anyone to like, it was always going to be 1 of them by some stupid twist.  Actually there's another season since it was renewed awhile ago.

7 hours ago, Squirrely said:

WTF? That's all I got, as far as the reveal goes. WTeverlovingF. Let's atone for sins by setting off bombs. Sure.

Why am I watching this? It usually takes 5+ seasons for a show to get this bad. I can't even remember everyone's stories and histories at this point. Or why so many had to be kidnapped and coerced into this ridiculous, convoluted attack. God, this is just so stupid.

It's because Quantico doesn't really have a plan or direction, they just throw in twists that don't make sense and doesn't work without any believable buildup which will only makes it worse in the long run.

1 hour ago, mertensia said:

I know realistically Alex's nerves would be that frayed but that scene with Simon trying to calm down a hysterical Alex and get her out of the vehicle was awful. I think because this is Alex's bout of hysterics #456,743.

What is Liam trying to right with bombs earlier and now nukes.

Miranda, I knew you were toast the instant you were there alone. Do you people not watch movies?

Well, considering these people can't even do their jobs right...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Squirrely said:

Exactly my feelings.  Only one episode left then I'm done with this mess.  It's confusing enough without the constant back and forth.  I can't even keep track anymore. 

• Love 1

This show has more red herrings than a literal barrel full of red herrings. So the Big Bad isn't not-Scientology, militias or even the Islamic Front (too easy I guess, although they did actually attack Quantico in an act of domestic terror). Nope, it's Liam.

My theory is that, like God in the biblical story of the Great Flood, Liam is sorry for what he has created. The Quantico grads are a bunch of numbskulls, nincompoops and ne'er do wells who shouldn't be trusted with getting coffee for senior agents yet, much less taking on national security threats themselves. He's trying to wipe the slate clean, and is willing to accept some collateral damage.

Or, he could be yet another pawn of the dynamic duo - Iris and the dead Mormon.

They've dropped so many anvils about it being Liam the last few weeks that I had ruled him out. However, they made it so dragged out and nonsensical that I don't even care anymore.

I wasn't home to watch so had to read recaps and here to find out.  So it's...Liam? Well considering all the screw ups in Omaha and Chicago, I guess he thought "Fuck this, I'll show you."  (Plus are any of the NATs THAT good to pull this off?)

Seeing as I was going to bounce next week now they're no longer filming in Montreal and I was watching to support the local industry, the finale better give a GOOD reason why I should stay on.  But I do think this should have been a one and done event series.  Why call it Quantico next season when they're graduating?

I have been laughing at the promos all week that have been warning us that we must watch Quantico "live" on Sunday in order to avoid being spoiled on Monday.  Honestly, I'm not sure how many people actually care.  It makes little sense that the bomber is Liam, it makes less sense that he tried to pin it all on Alex, who is the daughter of his dead best friend and who is probably like a surrogate daughter to him.  Not to mention the fact that he boned her.  

This is very reminiscent of the first season of "24".  It was known early on that there was a mole in the organisation, and viewers were hung out for weeks trying to figure out who it was, with multiple red herrings.  When it was finally revealed that it was Nina Meyers, this made absolutely no sense since in the earlier episodes she had been shown to be incredibly helpful in the investigation to the point where they were at a dead end until she discovered something.  There's no way she would have helped save the team and put them back on the right track to finding out she was the mole.  It's like the writers had no plan in advance and were just making it up all along.  Almost as if they weren't sure if they would survive early cancellation and when they kept going, had to suddenly decide who to make the villain.  The same thing appears to have happened here on this show.  

But I have come to expect absolute nonsense from this show.  Very little of the plotlines are interesting to me anymore.  I find myself not caring at all about what happens to many of these people.  One of the few people I actually really liked was Miranda, and it appears likely she isn't going to survive.  

I have no idea what this show is going to do next season.  I'm assuming they are going to use the same "flash forward" gimmick that they copied from "How to Get Away With Murder" and other shows.  They won't have the benefit of training academy scenes where everyone was in those greyish blue T-shirts, so it will be even more confusing to differentiate between present and future.  

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

Liam? And his shooting up Miranda? Makes no sense. I get why he'd try to frame Drew, bad blood there but not Miranda.

My guess is that he was mad her for wanting him to resign for having an affair with a cadet/Alex. I think she rejected his advances of wanting to rekindle an old affair with her as well. 

I was beginning to wonder because Liam was only in the flashbacks and not present this epi. They could've flipped a coin for anyone to be the culprit with all the stuff they showed everyone doing.

That was no real surprise - a lot of people have suspected him since the first episode. At least they finally just showed us who it is.

I was also rolling my eyes at, "watch, or be spoiled on Monday." I don't think that anyone I know watches this - they're all about Game of Thrones.

I'm not sure I trust that it's Liam. They keep ending the episodes with Big Reveals, and then changing direction the next week. It would be exciting to me if the terrorist was Alex all along. That's what I want to have happen.

As long as it's not Caleb, or Simon. I agree with others that I can't believe I like Caleb so much, since I couldn't stand him at the start of the series. Now he's my favourite, along with Simon. Except when Simon suddenly has a huge southern drawl...which comes out of nowhere? He was REALLY southern when he was in the cabin in Vermont. Guess he was just feeling all rustic and stuff.

Not upset about Drew. He had the acting ability of a turnip. I have no idea what the deal with Iris is since she's not in the present time at all. Why does she matter?

If they drag out this "who is the terrorist" plot for S2, I think I'll give up. Even Revenge got tiresome after the same thing happened over and over each season (I didn't even watch S3.) They need to wrap this arc up and start over. But from where? I don't know how they can keep this show going for another season? Maybe they'll just blow everyone up in the final episode and start fresh with a new class of recruits. heh.

• Love 3

I also still can't figure out Marcia Cross' role.  Suspending "her" campaign for.... vice-president?  The day before the election?  First, the VP candidate wouldn't be able to call a shot like suspending the whole campaign. Second, at the point where the election is the next day, you could easily say you're coming off the campaign trail to help the FBI.  You'll still likely get the majority of the voters that you would by campaigning another 12 hours.  If she meant she was withdrawing from the ticket, she likely wouldn't need to announce that before the election.  I wonder if there will be another twist where she is the big bad and is doing this in part to get extra votes.

5 hours ago, deaja said:

They've dropped so many anvils about it being Liam the last few weeks that I had ruled him out. However, they made it so dragged out and nonsensical that I don't even care anymore.

That's what happens when you make your show revolve around ridiculous twists, it doesn't matter who the reveal is.

14 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

So, the mastermind is Liam, huh?  I so can't wait to see what his explanation will be.  Probably something about how he was pissed that the FBI made him escalate the situation in Omaha, but I can't wait to see why he says a whole bunch of civilians deserve to die because of the FBI sins or whatever fucking excuse he will pull out of his ass.

I'm trying to remember: which year is all the stuff at Quantico itself/the flashbacks, suppose to be taking place.  I supposed it was sometime in early/mid 2015, but it was weird hearing Alex make a random Kylo Ren reference, when The Force Awakens didn't come out till December.  Of course, I suspect that it was all just ABC appeasing the Disney overlords with cross-synergy and whatnot.  And the show did make sure to have that bit when Alex was in a sports bra, so I think it was just a "Don't think about it too hard and just enjoy Priyanka Chopra's cleavage!" situation going on there.

Finally find out what put Alex and Shelby at odds.  Basically, Shelby was working with Clayton to bring down her parents, Iris overheard and told Alex, so Alex blabbed it to Ryan and Liam, because she was worried it would ruin Shelby or something.  Disappointing.  I was hoping for something a bit juicer.

It was obvious that Raina wasn't going to take Simon's offer, but their scene was still nice.

It was also nice of Caleb to use his advantages of being the "Dark Prince", and convincing his mom to give Iris clearance.  I still can't figure out how freaking Caleb has become one of the more likable characters on this show.

Bye, Drew!  They really like their deaths to be by explosions on this show.

I suspect Miranda will survive, but if she really thought Liam was the mastermind, then she really was dumb to go in without any back-up.

Finale next week, and they are promising that someone else is going to bite it.  Really kind of indifferent about it.  I prefer some more then others, but I really don't have a strong attachment to any particular character.

It definitely started in mid 2015 but by now they're are at least around Christmas. Liam also mentioned San Bernardino which happened in December 2015. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, deaja said:

I also still can't figure out Marcia Cross' role.  Suspending "her" campaign for.... vice-president?  The day before the election?  First, the VP candidate wouldn't be able to call a shot like suspending the whole campaign. Second, at the point where the election is the next day, you could easily say you're coming off the campaign trail to help the FBI.  You'll still likely get the majority of the voters that you would by campaigning another 12 hours.  If she meant she was withdrawing from the ticket, she likely wouldn't need to announce that before the election.  I wonder if there will be another twist where she is the big bad and is doing this in part to get extra votes.

I agree, that was odd.  Exactly what state does she represent?  I thought I recall somewhere that Caleb is from Maryland, so is she a Senator from Maryland?  Why is a Senator from Maryland getting so involved with an FBI investigation of a bombing in New York City?  Is she on some kind of anti-terrorism panel?  I think she had some kind of career in the FBI before becoming a Senator (hence the ability to shoehorn her in to some kind of terrorism training exercise)... but still.  At this point, she is a Senator.  Senators don't get actively involved in investigations, their role is legislative.

I said several episodes ago that she is going to be the Big Bad and that Clayton Haas is still alive.  I think I still think this, despite the Liam reveal.  Because it's Marcia Cross.  Why bring her in to such a meaningless role otherwise.  Why even bother to create the character of Caleb's mom if she didn't have some major involvement?   Maybe she and Liam are working together, and it will be revealed that Liam is Caleb's real father.

4 hours ago, beyondelsewhere said:

I have no idea what the deal with Iris is since she's not in the present time at all. Why does she matter?

She is probably the one who MAKES. THE. ULTIMATE. SACRIFICE.  /promovoice

4 hours ago, deaja said:

I also still can't figure out Marcia Cross' role. 

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I said several episodes ago that she [Senator Haas] is going to be the Big Bad and that Clayton Haas is still alive.  I think I still think this, despite the Liam reveal.  Because it's Marcia Cross.  Why bring her in to such a meaningless role otherwise.  Why even bother to create the character of Caleb's mom if she didn't have some major involvement?   Maybe she and Liam are working together, and it will be revealed that Liam is Caleb's real father.

I was *so* hoping she would be the Big Bad.  And then rip off her wig.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

There's season 2? shit

Yup, it was renewed awhile ago when the network made a lot of early renewals.

I for one was very surprised the big bad was revealed to be Liam, and I didn't see any supposed anvils in prior episodes.  I still say it's going to end up being Mark Pellegrino...and I'd love a twist where he was working with Shelby the whole time.

(edited)

So why did Drew say  he saw Ryan talikng Will away in handcuffs?

Why did he give Alex the flash drive, or was he still being manipulated?

"I have nothing to lose" *Shows supposed radiation burn.*

Was "The Voice", with his superpowers, actually still  listening in on the hospital ICU, to a John Doe .

If he had radiation burns, why wasn't someone (authorities) even slightly anxious about how it happened?

Gah.

This show has made no sense from the beginning.

Edited by dini
  • Love 1

Well hell I was excited because I thought this was the season finale have to endure one more week.

So if Liam is behind all this how did he do all thus kidnapping and crap and keep hus day job? 

Speaking of kidnapping how many agents have to be drugged and kidnapped before the others start becoming super paranoid. I wouldn't trust any one in any situation. 

Only positive thing I have to say about thus episode is I like the color of Ryan's truck.

I'll bet Iris is holding some sort of leverage over Liam and that the whole shooting was staged. Alex needs a girl-on-girl fight to end the season, and there are no more female enemies in the present for her to get down with. Then, next season, Alex can train a new group of recruits and the flashbacks can continue.

Only positive thing I have to say about thus episode is I like the color of Ryan's truck.

Shouldn't the front end be mashed in after Alex crashed through that heavy duty roll down door?  Oh well.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Shouldn't the front end be mashed in after Alex crashed through that heavy duty roll down door?  Oh well.

Should be but I guess they are trying to get people to say hey I need to buy that kind of truck ?

Alex learns someone she cared about at Quantico is not who they seemed to be, as she finds herself at the heart of another possible attack.

Um ... isn't this the plot of every single episode?

• Love 4
(edited)

I agree, that was odd.  Exactly what state does she represent?  I thought I recall somewhere that Caleb is from Maryland, so is she a Senator from Maryland?  Why is a Senator from Maryland getting so involved with an FBI investigation of a bombing in New York City?  Is she on some kind of anti-terrorism panel?  I think she had some kind of career in the FBI before becoming a Senator (hence the ability to shoehorn her in to some kind of terrorism training exercise)... but still.  At this point, she is a Senator.  Senators don't get actively involved in investigations, their role is legislative.

Senators actually do investigate things.  They also provide oversight for various government agencies.  It isn't just legislative work.  Now I do agree that it's ridiculous that a US Senator spends so much time hanging around Quantico, or involving herself in an investigation while participating in a Presidential campaign.  

I am amused that both The Family and Quantico both showed FBI agents who decided that rather than tell their colleagues what they are up to, they instead confront the suspects alone, without a word to anyone, followed immediately by them getting overpowered and taken captive by the perp.  

Edited by txhorns79

Caleb and Raina's tee hee smiles at negotiating their way back into the FBI was too cute. Nice that Caleb has some connections beyond Iris and Shelby. I also like the pairing of Ryan and Nimah. They have better partner and sexual chemistry than he and Alex for me.

You know what? It took a season but I believe this crew as friends, enemies, and co-workers. I just wish they'd shift off Alex as the lead and make it a true ensemble with say Nimah/Raina as the lead for a half season within a cell with the team helping and then Caleb/Will as the leads for the cult with the team supporting and so on. 

Do we know what happened with Iris in present day?