Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Ponderosa

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

I seem to recall that whoever was the first person at Ponderosa, who I think was actually Nick as Neal was in the hospital still, did choose a cheeseburger.  I got the impression that cheeseburger was a popular choice such that everyone kindof assumed the new jury member would be hungry and just fine with it and having it already made meant the person didn't have to wait around for it to cook.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, kakiphony said:

I've actually found it somewhat odd this season that everyone is greeted with a cheeseburger rather than getting to pick something from the menu. In past seasons, it seemed that part of the first-meal fun at Ponderosa has not just been FOOD and protein, but getting to choose what to eat after weeks with no choices at all. Last season, I noticed that the menu at the Ponderosa seemed pretty limited (spaghetti, pancakes, hamburgers), but I wonder if it wasn't actually expanded after this season filmed.

I think it depends on the country. Some places are more familiar with American food.  In Cambodia probably wise to stick with what they are offering because they have practiced!  

• Love 1

Joe looking awesome from the aerial view doing his crunches. He lost 20 lbs and was rocking the beard. He didn't do a lot in the game (great III in the end though) but he made it further then a lot of other people nevertheless. It doesn't matter how you got there. It just matters that you lasted longer. It will always be a "what if" though. If he stayed in the game would he have made the Final 2 or 3? We'll never know.

• Love 2

Where has this Joe been hiding?  This one is interesting to listen to and seems pleasant to be around.  He's a much different person than the one who bumbled his way around the game.

• Love 6

I noticed in Julia's video that the feet shown walking along the beach in the overblown pouring-sand intro are hers.  So her feet were the only part of this group of Survivors that got to air anywhere concurrently with the Second Chances folk.  

• Love 2

I bet Joe didn't eat a cheeseburger his first night at Ponderosa.  And this answered my question as to whether the jury was informed that Joe was coming ahead of time.  I would have loved to see a surprise arrival.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Joe looking awesome from the aerial view doing his crunches. He lost 20 lbs and was rocking the beard. He didn't do a lot in the game (great III in the end though) but he made it further then a lot of other people nevertheless. It doesn't matter how you got there. It just matters that you lasted longer. It will always be a "what if" though. If he stayed in the game would he have made the Final 2 or 3? We'll never know.

The shots of him from the beginning of the game with no beard were so jarring. Personally, I think he looks better with the beard and longer hair, he should keep it. 

I noticed that the jackasses weren't as jackassy in this video as they were in Jason's. Although there is a funny moment where Jason is sitting across from Joe saying something nice to him and he (Jason) accidentally looks DIRECTLY at the camera. It just screamed "look at me being the bigger person/a nice guy..." 

• Love 4

I like that they all told Joe that he looked like the Most Interesting Man in the World. It was great.

I do like how well everyone is getting along at Ponderosa. We are not seeing large parties but there is individual interaction. Everyone seems to be letting things go and simply chilling. No one is forcing themselves on the others. It seems to be a pretty chill environment and a good place for everyone to relax and get back into their regular lives.

It would be nice if there was a bit more of a festive atmosphere but I think the older ages of many of the contestants explains the more chill vibe and the lack of a massive party vibe.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

The shots of him from the beginning of the game with no beard were so jarring. Personally, I think he looks better with the beard and longer hair, he should keep it. 

Definitely!  I didn't recognize him at all.  It's like when the "Joseph Del Campo" topic came up on the board and we were all like "Who?  Is that someone from another season?"  And I too think he looks much better (and, as they apparently told him at Ponderosa, younger) with the beard.  Keep it Joe!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, KimberStormer said:

Definitely!  I didn't recognize him at all.  It's like when the "Joseph Del Campo" topic came up on the board and we were all like "Who?  Is that someone from another season?"  And I too think he looks much better (and, as they apparently told him at Ponderosa, younger) with the beard.  Keep it Joe!

I frequently think men look younger with facial hair but I seem to be in the minority on that generally. I know if I were a man, I'd always have a beard (especially as I got older) because it does such a nice job of highlighting the jaw while hiding any jowls that may be hanging down. 

Guarantee he's clean shaven by the reunion though, these men never listen to me on keeping the facial hair! ;) 

• Love 6

Whoa - did I see correctly? At 5:05 Joe walks over to Julia and Jason, and Julia tells Joe to go get a 'special smoothie' - Julia's hand was laying on Jason's lap. Dude's married, no? Not cool.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Cynna said:

Whoa - did I see correctly? At 5:05 Joe walks over to Julia and Jason, and Julia tells Joe to go get a 'special smoothie' - Julia's hand was laying on Jason's lap. Dude's married, no? Not cool.

I was coming here to see if anyone else noticed that.  Does he know she's only a teenager? 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Cynna said:

That would explain quite a lot to me. 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Misty79 said:

Looking at it closely, it's not impossible her hand is on her own leg, which she seems to have folded under her. But I'm not sure. 

Exactly; it's on her foot.

Edited by cherrypj
  • Love 2

Yeah I think you guys are actually hallucinating this one.  Notice how Julia's hand is behind Jason's right leg.  That's because her hand is not in between his legs.  If you like, you can still hate Julia by pretending she is holding his hand, but in fact she is holding her leg to stay in that position, on a small loveseat with not much room.

You can see the dude's whole lap.  There is no hand on it.  Maybe if you're watching it on your phone it's harder to see?

julia.png

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KimberStormer said:

Yeah I think you guys are actually hallucinating this one.  Notice how Julia's hand is behind Jason's right leg.  That's because her hand is not in between his legs.  If you like, you can still hate Julia by pretending she is holding his hand, but in fact she is holding her leg to stay in that position, on a small loveseat with not much room.

You can see the dude's whole lap.  There is no hand on it.  Maybe if you're watching it on your phone it's harder to see?

julia.png

Thank God!

And for the record, and speaking only for myself, it was harder to see on my phone.   And I don't pretend to see things so I can hate certain contestants. 

• Love 1

Ahh, totally could be on her foot, good catch! FTR, I never said it was 'in between his legs'. I know she's young and easily impressed, but was disappointed to see this, so hopefully it is indeed her foot. :)

• Love 3

I have a feeling Julia would be more likely to get handsy with a giant clam than that troll.  

I see now that it appears that she has her hand on her foot.  I will say they are sitting very close though and have plenty of room to sit further apart.  I think that there is flirting/teasing between them but nothing more.  

• Love 1

You people are so wrong accusing Jullia of this. I would never say or think such a thing. LOL!!! It's funny I saw that the other night and thought the same thing but didn't think about writing it. Too funny! It's an optical illusion. At least, Julia could hang with the older crowd and have a few adult beverages. I'm sure she had fun with them and the future final 1 or 2 people still to come to Ponderosa.

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

You people are so wrong accusing Jullia of this. I would never say or think such a thing. LOL!!! It's funny I saw that the other night and thought the same thing but didn't think about writing it. Too funny! It's an optical illusion. At least, Julia could hang with the older crowd and have a few adult beverages. I'm sure she had fun with them and the future final 1 or 2 people still to come to Ponderosa.

No one is accusing anyone.  We are observing the photo and discussing.  We can do that. It is fun.  That is why message boards are so enjoyable!!

• Love 4
Just now, wings707 said:

No one is accusing anyone.  We are observing the photo and discussing.  We can do that. It is fun.  That is why message boards are so enjoyable!!

You obviously didn't pick up on my sarcasm. I'll have to add more LOL's next time. :-/

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

You obviously didn't pick up on my sarcasm. I'll have to add more LOL's next time. :-/

Oh yes! Sarcasm does not read in the written word well, without the LOL or some clue.  I have been on the other end of this a lot!  Got it!

Edited by wings707

Scot & Jason once again prove what immature & bitter losers they are. They don't talk, great or hug Cyd. I'm so glad they are such mature people & good role models for the children. <sarcasm>

• Love 6
(edited)

There was a spoiler at the beginning of the season that Cydney and Julia got into a nasty fight on the island.  Obviously we never saw that on the actual show but I am thinking it might have happened based on her ignoring Cydney in Ponderosa.  

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, LanceM said:

There was a spoiler at the beginning of the season that Cydney and Julia got into a nasty fight on the island.  Obviously we never saw that on the actual show but I am thinking it might have happened based on her ignoring Cydney in Ponderosa.  

I'm also thinking that happened, too.  Could have been why the jury was cheering Aubry on in the fire making challenge.  Didn't Jeff say some sort of bullying was taking place in the season that provided a teachable moment?  He said that after the Scot/Jason/Alecia events.  I figured he was referring to Cydney/Julia, but then we never saw that.  

Still, I consider Scot/Jason bitter losers.

• Love 4

Maybe I misheard, wouldn't be the first time, but didn't Jeff say something last night about Cydney's Ponderosa video and that it was awesome or something like that?

I just feel like I remember him mentioning it and wonder what it was....

• Love 2

There was nothing special in Cydney's Ponderosa. She did reveal that she graduated with a degree in Psychology from Penn, which is pretty impressive. Penn is an Ivy League school and hard to get into. She went there on a full scholarship. She intentionally withheld that she is a college graduate and what school she attended because she did not want people to think she was smart and rich. She actually spent time discussing endowments and how they help people like her who could not have afforded to attend such a school without financial support. 

Not revealing her degree was smart because people would assume that Brawn was not all that smart. It probably led people to underestimate her. We saw how smart Cydney was in her conversations with Aubrey.

• Love 3

I'm wondering if Julia was responsible for delivering Scot and Jason's votes to Michele and part of the price is that she had to play along with their revenge fantasies.

Once again, I hope the producers don't equate being dicks to being interesting and this is the last time we see Jason or Scot. There's really no charisma there that the best Survivor villains have and I just want them off my screen. 

• Love 8

Scot and Kyle were just that petty. They couldn't handle being blindsided at Tribal and sabotaged the entire tribe. They were fairly beaten and threw a massive tantrum. There was no way that they were going to reward someone who was responsible for them losing. Michelle got along fine with them and did nothing to hurt them. Aubrey beat them, so she was not going to get their vote.

• Love 12

Michele didn't really get along fine with them though. She was the one who was probably most vocal against them during the whole sabotage the camp incident. All exit interviews I have read seem some to support this and that she wanted the both of them gone immediately.

• Love 2
(edited)

A couple of clarifications.   Cydney went to University of Penn, not Penn State and Mark is a hen not a rooster.  I am glad she went to a family but I bet it was for their dinner!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Holy shit, Scott, Jason and Julia with their Mean Girl clique at Ponderosa? Separate lunch tables and all? Grow the fuck up, assholes. You hijacked and ruined the season by giving a million bucks to the OTHER pretty girl, despite being the least deserving of the three finalists (IMO, of course). They basically shoved the two smart girls (Cydney and Aubry) and also the gay male, into their lockers and slammed them shut, then giggled about it with the cutsey poo blondie that they're trying to impress.  Julia's a kid just out of high school, so she's pretty much acting her age, but Scott and Jason are supposedly adults. It's one thing to act like a shit weasel in the heat of the game, it's quite another to KEEP doing it once the game is over. 

Welcome to Ponderosa Senior High. 

• Love 15
(edited)

She went there on a full scholarship. She intentionally withheld that she is a college graduate and what school she attended because she did not want people to think she was smart and rich. She actually spent time discussing endowments and how they help people like her who could not have afforded to attend such a school without financial support. 

Not revealing her degree was smart because people would assume that Brawn was not all that smart. It probably led people to underestimate her. We saw how smart Cydney was in her conversations with Aubrey.

I guess I need clarification.  If I recall during the tribal jury where she was voted out, didn't Cydney tell everyone she wanted to make a better life for her mother, give her mother basic needs like health insurance?  Not saying that the Penn education equates to having money, but was that "gamesmanship" on the part of Cydney? 

Whatever the case, I like Cydney and thought she did well, so if that was a tactic to mislead, I am certainly not judging her.

Edited by tiredofwork
  • Love 2

Aubrey did not play the game. She was always afraid. She couldn't play solo, she had to have Joe. She only voted out people she was afraid of. And on and on. She is laughing as she says there is no way she would vote for Aubrey and I don't think she said anything positive about her game. I turned it off. Her tone is dismissive and pretty much says that Aubrey is a scared nerd.

• Love 3

The way that Jason,scot and Julia treated Cydney at Ponderosa was shameful and embarrassing. I can be slightly more understanding of Julia (because she is not far out of high school....) but Scot and Jason ....good lord.  Julia's assessment of her own play is completely innacurate, so I completely dismiss her assessment of Aubry. 

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Aubrey did not play the game. She was always afraid. She couldn't play solo, she had to have Joe. She only voted out people she was afraid of. And on and on. She is laughing as she says there is no way she would vote for Aubrey and I don't think she said anything positive about her game. I turned it off. Her tone is dismissive and pretty much says that Aubrey is a scared nerd.

Julia's Jury Speaks video is the worst.  She starts out slow and kind of boring, but builds to being smug and self-righteous (watch the light change -- they were probably there for a looong time).  It's also full of non-facts and distortions.  I wanted to smack her when she snottily and laughingly said how embarrassed she was for Tai when he used his second vote.

I really hope she doesn't come back on the show, unless it's like in 20 years and she has grown up (though hanging out with Jason and Scot and their ilk, she might not see the need to grow up).

Right now, I actually kind of dislike her more than Jason and Scot for her bigotry about Aubry and Tai, because it's laced with such condescension. 

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, illini1959 said:

Maybe I misheard, wouldn't be the first time, but didn't Jeff say something last night about Cydney's Ponderosa video and that it was awesome or something like that?

I just feel like I remember him mentioning it and wonder what it was....

Jeff said, watch what happens when Cydney gets to Ponderosa, it's kinda cool.  I'm wondering if, from his perspective, he's talking about how free Cydney seems to be, laughing and smiling and owning her game.  Or the welcome she gets from Joe and Denise contrasted with the mean silent treatment from the Bullies.  There's a nice reveal of her psychology degree from UPenn to Joe -- and he's really impressed.  I have to say, Cydney handles it so well, and shows herself to be this warm, friendly, smart person (not as intense as she was on the island).  Maybe that's what he meant. 

I have to say, the Bullies conspicuously giving her the silent treatment -- and patting themselves on the back for it -- made me so sad. 

Edited by Archery
  • Love 7

I just watched Cydney's Ponderosa, I wanted to reach inside my IPad scene and slap Jason, Scot and Julia upside the head so bad! What a bunch of immature assholes! It's a game you idiots! Cydney was not bitter at all and handled the way she was being treated like a mature adult, good for her, I hope we see her in future seasons. I don't want to see the other three on my TV scene ever again. 

• Love 9