Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Who is TLo?

Thomas & Lorenzo.  They have a blog that started w/Project Runway And has become abt fashion & LGBTQ in pop culture.

They’ve become celebrities in their own rights, have authored several books (they were approached) and have interviewed Chris several times.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, roamyn said:

Thomas & Lorenzo.  They have a blog that started w/Project Runway And has become abt fashion & LGBTQ in pop culture.

They’ve become celebrities in their own rights, have authored several books (they were approached) and have interviewed Chris several times.

Thank you.

15 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Sorry to hear about Chris March.  I used to love Project Runway and Chris was one of the nicest ones.   I still remember that fabulous gown he and Christian Siriano collaborated on.  It was one of the rare truly haute couture pieces Project Runway contestants produced.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

It was one of the rare truly haute couture pieces Project Runway contestants produced.

I don't want to snark at all, as I've made the same boo-boo, but that was an avant garde dress, not haute couture.

3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

This one? 1FA3FD56-60A4-4E69-BABF-2BDA4C924402.thumb.jpeg.daa6708d7b7ff6fcf67907d7be16dda6.jpeg

I'm not MissAlmond, but yes, that's the avant garde dress.  It was the first jaw-dropping piece I remember from PR.  There had been many beautiful pieces, but that was the first where I knew that both men were incredibly talented and had something special.  

I know Chris March was extremely well known as a costume designer and in drag circles, but I wish he had more high profile work in "fashion".  A Merle Streep gown is the only one I can think of from a red carpet,

• Love 7

I was looking for a particular Chris March quote - one I use a lot, but I don't know if I have it exact. It was when someone was freaking out on PR and he said something like "If you don't understand the situation by now, you are simply refusing to try."

Anyway, I found this website: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/chris-march-quotes 

"You know how Bette Midler always says her obituary will read, 'Bette Midler dies. Started her career at the Continental Baths?' Mine will say 'Chris March died. He was on Season 4 of 'Project Runway.'' It's an amazing show, it did a lot for me, and I'm fine with it. Unless it becomes terribly disreputable."

I can just hear him laughing as he says that last line.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

This one? 

Yes.  That's the dress.  FTR:  I know perfectly well what haute couture is and this gown obviously wouldn't qualify.   

16 hours ago, Bewitched said:

It was the first jaw-dropping piece I remember from PR.  There had been many beautiful pieces, but that was the first where I knew that both men were incredibly talented and had something special.  

^^This.^^  During the time I watched Project Runway, this was the only time (IMO) contestants captured a look and essence of something truly special.  

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Love 3

Back in April, the very premature death of CBBC actress Mya-Lecia Naylor (age 16) was commented on in this thread, so some here might like to know that the inquest into her death was held today and the coroner recorded a verdict of death by misadventure. She was found hanged, poor kid, and the only explanation her family could come up with was sudden panic over exam stress. They didn't notice any signs of anxiety beforehand.

We lived in England when my daughter was that age - she wrote her GCSE's and had one year of A levels before we moved back to Canada.  I remember how incredibly stressful those years were, less so for my daughter as she knew she could always go back to Canada and go to school from her grandparents house, but certainly for many of her friends.  Getting kids through their GCSEs and A levels is a big industry over there.

Edited by Homily
On 9/5/2019 at 10:13 PM, Annber03 said:

My mom and dad went to see The Poseidon Adventure on their first date. 

Twas watching this just last night.

Gene Hackman must have been taught by William Shatner for this role, he was hammier than Babe the Pig in it.  Ernest Borgnine mentioned in his autobiography how much of an ass Hackman was to him....he didn't know why but he only spoke to him in character.

"HOW MANY MORE LIVES?!"

1958182642_GeneHackman.jpg.613192f1a6923047f8f2fa0e7e8651dc.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Twas watching this just last night.

Gene Hackman must have been taught by William Shatner for this role, he was hammier than Babe the Pig in it.  Ernest Borgnine mentioned in his autobiography how much of an ass Hackman was to him....he didn't know why but he only spoke to him in character.

"HOW MANY MORE LIVES?!"

1958182642_GeneHackman.jpg.613192f1a6923047f8f2fa0e7e8651dc.jpg

Ernest Borgnine (along w/ Tony Curtis) was instrumental in bad mouthing Brokeback Mountain, for which I’ve always hated him.

So I could give a rat’s butt what he says abt anyone else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, roamyn said:

Ernest Borgnine (along w/ Tony Curtis) was instrumental in bad mouthing Brokeback Mountain, for which I’ve always hated him.

So I could give a rat’s butt what he says abt anyone else.

Ernest Borgnine, great actor and performer in old movies(Marty is my favorite), but he was a flawed individual with a huge ego. The more you know about him, the less said as a person of integrity. After all, he did marry  Ethel Merman briefly and judging from the relationship, they were too similar to one another.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Ernest Borgnine, great actor and performer in old movies(Marty is my favorite), but he was a flawed individual with a huge ego. The more you know about him, the less said as a person of integrity. After all, he did marry  Ethel Merman briefly and judging from the relationship, they were too similar to one another.

And it lasted 10 days.. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

8 minutes ago, bobalina said:

And it lasted 10 days.. 

When it came to writing about her marriage to Ernest Borgnine in her autobiography, his chapter consisted of a blank page. I won't lie, I cackled the first time I heard that.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Popples said:

When it came to writing about her marriage to Ernest Borgnine in her autobiography, his chapter consisted of a blank page. I won't lie, I cackled the first time I heard that.

Well, now both Miss Merman and Mr. Borgnine are dead so not only do they have a place in this subheading but they   indisputably have something in common! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

On August 24, 2019, Money, a long-time smoker, revealed that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. He died from the disease on September 13, 2019, at age 70.

Statement from the family:

“It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father. We cannot imagine our world without him. We are grateful that he will live on forever through his music.”

3 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

On August 24, 2019, Money, a long-time smoker, revealed that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. He died from the disease on September 13, 2019, at age 70.

Statement from the family:

“It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father. We cannot imagine our world without him. We are grateful that he will live on forever through his music.”

Is there any chance someone could forward the above to John Mellencamp among other singers still smoking?! Do you all want to risk having such an agonizing death that your colleague went through with your loved ones so heartbroken? If not then, PLEASE QUIT SMOKING NOW!!

Oh, and now that you are no longer suffering, RIP Mr. Money! No matter what, you DID make some great music! 

• Love 7
Just now, Blergh said:

Is there any chance someone could forward the above to John Mellencamp among other singers still smoking?! Do you all want to risk having such an agonizing death that your colleague went through with your loved ones so heartbroken? If not then, PLEASE QUIT SMOKING NOW!!

Oh, and now that you are no longer suffering, RIP Mr. Money! No matter what, you DID make some great music! 

I had a feeling that this would be eventually coming as well.

17 minutes ago, Blergh said:

Thanks to the magic of google and IMDB when I watch old movies - you know the ones where everyone and his uncle seems to be smoking all the time -  I tend to look up the stars and the rest of the cast for that matter.  Of course most have died long since but it's still so sad how many died of lung cancer and other cancers that are usually associated with smoking.

• Love 2