Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Goodbye, Dubai

• Start Topic

I'm another one biased, because Eileen gave me Kristen on Days of Our Lives, but I'm glad she's around, earning her salary. She stretched the affair comment too far, imho. But at least we've been able to wring a second storyline out of Yo's illness because she's forced one, with Rinna's assistance.

It's not the best, or original, but she seems to have given us something else to dissect. No one else made any real effort this year.

Also, I liked how Vanderpump picked up the "Rinna is crazy" thread started by Yolanda. Very casually done, I was impressed.

• Love 1
(edited)

I also don't believe it is contradictory in any sense to believe that LVP encouraged Rinna to bring up Munchausen's while at the same time not believing it applied to Yolanda's situation.  Yolanda falsely accused Ken of assaulting her on the show, so wanting Yo to see how it feels to be falsely accused of something seems like a case of if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. Shady? Possibly.  A nice case of "you reap what you sow?"  Most definitely, in my opinion.

Edited for caffeine-less grammar issues.

Edited by JenFromCincy
  • Love 15

A couple of things, all the others judging Kyle and LVP's relationship.  How dare they.  Erika is friendly with Kathryn again.  Maybe sometimes friendship is accepting who someone is and drawing a line in the sand where your support stops.  I friends that support Donald Trump. 

I draw the line at people who support Pat Paulson, those bastards.

• Love 2

In all of the HW franchises ever, this has to be the some of the dumbest "drama" in some time.  So now, we're back to LVP and Yolanda dislike each other. 

Who's shocked?  Not me,  we already knew that from two seasons ago when Yolanda attempted her first takedown of LVP.  Nothing shocking about this, except that Rinna was dumb enough to get involved.

1.  If LVP said what Rinna said she said (and this is all so 6th grade), and Kyle is ok with it, then it's no one else's business. Period.  Kyle and LVP's friendship or lack of friendship is between them.  And I still maintain that Kyle has LVP's number, but she's made a decision that's the side she wants to be on. So be it. The others (and I'm looking at you, Eileen) need to shut up about it). What adults do this (you said, I said, she said, why are they friends, they shouldn't be friends, Kyle should be mad.....)?

2.  Erika is quite the little shit stirrer.  First tells Kathryn how her party is going to turn into a rehash of the other night, and then makes sure it does by egging Rinna and Eileen on. 

3.   While I believe LVP and Yolanda dislike each other, I believe it started with Yolanda and stems from LVP's closeness to both David Foster and Mohammed.  I don't think LVP cares that much - she's a fan favorite and can sit very prettily on Bravo's shelf for as long as it suits her.  She's not going anywhere unless she wants to.  Yolanda on the other hand, probably needs this job (and don't forget the blind item about her wanting a spinoff).  She would like very much to be where Lisa is.

4.  This rivalry makes even less sense in light of the fact that they have rarely filmed together this season. Yolands might as well be a "friend" and they might as well make the drama about LVP and, I don't know...Faye Resnick. It would have the same effect.  No one but Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson care.

And next week, the big finale is only going to be more of the same. Can hardly wait.

• Love 12

4. This rivalry makes even less sense in light of the fact that they have rarely filmed together this season. Yolands might as well be a "friend" and they might as well make the drama about LVP and, I don't know...Faye Resnick. It would have the same effect. No one but Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson care.

I dunno I feel like this franchise is losing juice especially if they had to create a whole season around Lemonlymes, which who never had a storyline til this year. Anyhow it can explain why Andrew had to order in more cities like Potomac and Dallas. Still mad Andrew won't do Las Vegas.

• Love 5
(edited)

I dunno I feel like this franchise is losing juice especially if they had to create a whole season around Lemonlymes, which who never had a storyline til this year. Anyhow it can explain why Andrew had to order in more cities like Potomac and Dallas. Still mad Andrew won't do Las Vegas.

Yes. If that was the best they can do with people like Kyle, LVP, Lisa Rinna and Eileen Davidson all of whom lead interesting lives on their own, it's pretty pathetic that this is where they chose to go.  I think they need to stop forcing these women to interact with each other. If they're friends, fine, but stop with the forced interaction with people that only know each other from "work".   It drags the show down. 

And I just read Eileen's blog - what grade is she in?  She was right everyone, she was right, and she told us LVP wasn't really sorry! She did!

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 7

I loved Kathryn cracking up when Rinna said everything stemmed from one person.  I'm assuming it is because she thinks that one person is Rinna.

Rinna and Eileen toasting to the shit they stirred was shitty, as were their shit eating grins at the table.  It is hilarious to me that Eileen tried to pull a peeping Vinny and failed miserably.  

I'm so over the soap bitches.  They are actually making me like Kathryn and Erika in comparison.

What also got me was when Katherine walked away from the table to get away from it all and Lisa and Eileen come barging in talking smack. Katherine doesn't want to hear it and shushes Eileen and Eileen once again gets all high and mighty. I wish Katherine would have said "Bitch you and your friend just trashed my party, Shut the fuck up!"

We need to rinse the soap off the TV.

• Love 19
(edited)

I really can't add much to what has already been said.  But just know that I'm nodding and mentally "liking" all of the posts which speak to the ridiculousness of Eileen and LisaR.  I don't hate either of them, but I do think they're being so, so messy and extra now.  Not a good look. And while I didn't vote in the WWHL poll, count me in on Team LVP and Kyle. I feel like their friendship is authentic and when they are good terms, good times and fun scenes abound (um, with the exception of last night on the yacht...)

But speaking of the yacht and good looks, I thought Kyle looked simply stunning in that one-sleeve red caftan on the yacht.  One of her best looks to date!  LisaVP should have considered wearing her hair in the updo again.  The wind and the humidity were doing her already frazzled-fried hair no favors.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 11
Yolanda on the other hand, probably needs this job (and don't forget the blind item about her wanting a spinoff).  She would like very much to be where Lisa is.

WHAT?!!! A spin off about what? Her effing #journey?? I knew when she first went on the show, she wanted a spin off featuring herself and the King and how to bring romance, but that went nowhere. What exactly would a Yo spin off look like? Crazy alternative therapies and facetime with Gigi and maybe the non-Gigi's if Gigi was busy? Picking lemons?  

• Love 13
(edited)

Several small things that weren't important to the whole story line here, but what is really?  First the fact that the women are on the yacht with full cleavage and bare shoulders out but concerned that the bartender guy might notify the Muslim decency police and slap iron bracelets on them and cast them all into a prison cell for saying 'bollocks' or 'balls'. It would be a different story if stupid people were prohibited in Dubai. They would all be cast into prison and spend their trip in the hotel 'Dubai Slammer' instead of the Dubai Atlantis. (stoning might work too)

Second small thing. I couldn't help wondering if I sounded as awful as LisaV did when she used the 'true dat' expression. Her British accent, plus the fact that she's wearing probably a half million $ in diamonds,  just didn't come off as ghetto enough for the expression. (mine does:)

Third small thing. Did anyone else catch Lisa Vanderpump checking her teeth in her knife after eating dinner on the yacht?

Fourth yacht thing, Lisa Rinna tearing up when Kathryn was crying because her mother called her to wish her a happy birthday. Lisa's father just died this past January, but he was 93 years old and I think was fortunate to have such a long life. Both Lisa and Eileen have a mother that lives a couple of hours away in either an assisted living or skilled nursing facility. Both of them feel guilty that they aren't able to visit their mother more often, even admitting to those visits being as infrequent as once a year. ........hello? Once a YEAR?  Eileen left her mother's care in a nursing home to the supervision of her sister and Lisa left the supervision of her mother's care to her half-sister (including selling her home). This is what I hear in my head. These women try to extract sympathy from others over the fact they both have a mother who needs care and attention, BUT both mothers are suffering memory loss, so what the heck, she won't know if they're there or not, so why go out of the way to see them?  They're able to find the time to traipse off for an ultra-luxurious five days in Dubai because let's face it, who wouldn't want to be treated like a queen for five days? But to take the time and effort and possibly one full day to go see a mother that has very little memory anymore is just not on their list of 'things to do today'. To me, that's very sad.

Last small thing of no importance on my list of stupid things about this episode, Kim and Brandi. Why are they there and who wants them there? Kim looked like she's medicated to her earlobes and Brandi's fake laugh with lips that don't contract or retract. Nobody wants to see them but Yolanda has nobody left that's willing to share the camera time with her without a quarrel other than those two.

Brandi and Kim, just go away. shoo-shoo

Vlayp_s-200x150.gif

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 15
(edited)

WHAT?!!! A spin off about what? Her effing #journey?? I knew when she first went on the show, she wanted a spin off featuring herself and the King and how to bring romance, but that went nowhere. What exactly would a Yo spin off look like? Crazy alternative therapies and facetime with Gigi and maybe the non-Gigi's if Gigi was busy? Picking lemons?

Then she can call the show

"I Am Lyme Diseased"

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

Sorry my editing is not working, so I set off the quotes by just putting quote marks.  

"Of course Lisa Rinna has to make Katherine's moment with her mother all about her.  She just won't let any other housewife have something special to themselves without putting herself and her situations in the middle of it.  She needs to just stawp!!!  Ugh!"

I know right, she did it before Kyle could. Haha.

"I also didn't like Rinna and Eileen (Erika?) ostracizing LVP. It reeks of passive form of bullying (I hate that word). It was so junior high school and mean girl. Get some class and learn how to be polite."

IIRC Eileen rode with LVP in mall car the first time and was talking to her. LVP was playing a little victim IMO.  Rinna probably was playing cold-shoulder but it was probably more due to being uncomfortable for causing a scene at dinner the night before.  Love how

LVP "apologized" by parroting Kyle's words.  Hahaha Eileen bought it hook line and sinker.

"Here's my take on the whole munchausens-gate:

I think before they even started filming this season, some of the women (LVP, Kyle Lisa r for sure) had been talking about how annoying Yo is with her journey. And I think they were also irritated when they started filming because it's pretty clear that Yo gets to call the shots about who she films with, what she does,etc because of her munchies or whatever. Add to that LVP's long-standing dislike of Yo, which was pretty much confirmed by Kyle on WWHL and LVP wanting to stir the pot anyway because she knows they need drama to getvratings. I'm sure even if the ladies don't watch RHOC they heard about the fake cancer and well, some of them figured that Yo was pulling the same shit for different reasons.

My best guess is that LVP told Rinna that she should bring up nthe munchies on camera and LVP would get Kyle ( and maybe otyhers) to back her up. Fast forward to the tea party or what ever it was at LVPs house and Rinna does it, she whips out her phone and does munchies on camera. All the while LVP is in the background asking if anyone wanted tuna tartare. And Rinna gets crickets. Rinna is mortified and realizes that she just went out on a limb and she is there all by herself. Hence the comment about thinking that Kyle would be brought into it.

Now Rinna is in freak out mode and runs around trying to make amends to Yo and whoever else will listen. And she isnt too smart, so it takes her a while to realize what happened and now she is pissed. Which brings us to Dubai and Rinna and LVP. I don't know if LVP tried to get Kyle to back up the munchies convo and Kyle refused or if Kyle was never part of it. Kyle isn't too smart either and easily manipulated so who knows."

"I think you completely nailed what happened.

Kyle knows this is what happened. Hence her comment about "taking you down in flames". She knew LVP had a vested interested in getting the Munchie comment on film. Why wouldn't she? The drama in S4 began with Yo talking about LVP being a "Hollywood friend" because she didn't tend to her properly through her illness. Yo's entire diatribe against LVP was that she didn't really care, only pretended to when cameras were rolling. Now LVP hears that someone has suggested Yo has Munchies. That she is a big fat faker. How delicious. It would have been delicious to me. LVP cannot be the one to bring this up, so she recommends to Lisar that she do it. She will be backed up; a dialogue about the possibility of this will be analyzed. Only it doesn't happen. Lisar freaks out when she realizes what she has done (which in no way negates her responsibility for saying it to begin with). LVP tells Kyle she tried to get Lisar to involve her, maybe telling her she will back her up. Kyle wants nothing to do with it and throws out her line. She knew what LVP had tried to do. LVP told her about it. Kyle doesn't see that LVP was trying to hurt her, just trying to bring the drama and drive a storyline. So much 4th wall stuff going on here."

I totally agree.  LVP and Kyle and Rinna were on a group text.  LVP said in her blog that Kyle was more active than she was.  So I think the whole "bring Kyle into it" was based on the active snarky texting. LVP IMO has never forgiven Kyle for the "preys on the weak" "big ego" "Bobby Fisher" teaming up with Taylor and the others in the first attempt many moons ago to "Bring Lisa Down!' She who holds no grudges has a very long memory.

• Love 3

I am so biased for Eileen, I've lost all objectivity. I have all these great memories of watching Y&R with my grandmother and it's warping my judgment towards Eileen (I was also far too young to be watching, but the soaps were a primer to the Housewives as I see it, lol). I love Eileen for the most part - she's a little whiny, but still give her the benefit of the doubt.  There! I admit it! I like Eileen!  Going to show myself into time-out now... ;P

I like Eileen too. I think she's more down to earth than the others. Who else would admit to getting 'sweaty feet' when nervous?  HA!

• Love 8
While I believe LVP and Yolanda dislike each other, I believe it started with Yolanda and stems from LVP's closeness to both David Foster and Mohammed.

Yep. I don't know about David Foster, but I get the impression that LVP and Ken have  been friends with Mo for a LONG time, perhaps predating Yo. 

Is it true that Yo took back the Hadid name? I wonder how the current Mrs. Hadid feels about that. Or is there a current Mrs. Hadid? Mo seems to be a flavor of the month kind of guy. Although I'm guessing Yo did it so she could have the same last name as Gigi and the non-Gigis. Nothing like using your kids to  famewhore. 

• Love 8

Is there anything worse than a sad picnic?

Being chained to Yolanda's bedside for 4 years while being told that you will never meet her expectations.

Neglecting to show up at Yolanda's front door every day casserole in hand because "people don't like sick people"

• Love 7
mwell345, on 06 Apr 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Neglecting to show up at Yolanda's front door every day casserole in hand because "people don't like sick people"

And then being turned away because how dare you try to feed her a casserole??!  Don't you KNOW that her JOURNEY is both gluten and dairy-free???! 

• Love 12

Yep. I don't know about David Foster, but I get the impression that LVP and Ken have  been friends with Mo for a LONG time, perhaps predating Yo. 

Is it true that Yo took back the Hadid name? I wonder how the current Mrs. Hadid feels about that. Or is there a current Mrs. Hadid? Mo seems to be a flavor of the month kind of guy. Although I'm guessing Yo did it so she could have the same last name as Gigi and the non-Gigis. Nothing like using your kids to  famewhore. 

I don't think that Mohamed Hadid is married to Shiva Safai yet. But, there's 2 ex-misses Hadid's already and five Hadid children by those two wives. 'Hadid' is sort of a common Jordanian surname, sort of like Smith or Jones in the U.S.  Yolanda could run into a number of Mrs. Hadid's in the supermarket any day of the week.

The relationship of the Vanderpumps and Mohamed Hadid no doubt began with real estate dealings. Mohamed could buy and sell the Vanderpumps a hundred times over, he's that wealthy. I'm sure the Vanderpumps want to keep stroking that relationship for their own future bankrolls.

She's really right about this statement. People in general have a short tolerance for people that are sick, so you'd better either get well fast or die, then they can put an end to their professions of empathy. People just don't like to be around sick people for an extended period of time, it sucks their energy like a vacuum to be around someone that's ill. I know that because I'm a nurse and have had my energy sucked out thousands of times.

• Love 8

And did anyone catch what it said on the escalator in the Dubai Oaks Galleria? Something about "California"? I'll have to catch it.

It said something like "The California dream," which I thought was ironic because as Kyle mentioned on WWHL, there wasn't anything there you couldn't get in California.

But I was very impressed with the makeup job they did for Kathryn; she looked stunning even with her hair in rollers - although I admit I did cringe a little when they proceeded to add 50 gallons of product to her hair

Ugh - I thought she looked very drag queeny while they were doing her makeup.  I think Erica's glam squad only has one setting on their makeup gun - full blast.

• Love 8

Wait I still don't get the Yolanda vs. LVP spin. It makes no fucking sense whats so ever. There are hard feeling over the Ken incident and between the two women in general. Okay fine but when the hell did that turn into Yolanda and LVP going for each others throats in the name of RHoBH royalty?  I just don't get it! How is all this connected to the other women? This is what I've seen this season:

-Yolanda's sick/healthy selfies has been the subject of questioning and mocking

-Yolanda's health choices have caused confusion and conversation

-Yolanda's childrens health has stunned the other wives

-Lisa Rinna leaned in too far and instead of just ki ki ing with LVP and Kyle about the instagram selfies she lumped two separate sentiments (laughing at how Yolanda displays her illness vs. their true concern and thoughtful conversations about possible causes.) together and stupidly tried to float the whole Munchies angle. That was going to far.

-Lisa and Kyle wanted nothing to do with that mutation of ideas

-Lisa R gets a clue and realized she's fucked

-Lisa R tries to make ammends and slip out unscathed but Yolanda isn't 100% forgiving

-Lisa R realizes she will be feeling that particular burn all season and it may affect the rest of filming so onto a new theory to attempt damage control.

-SCAPEGOAT!- LVP and Yolanda are at war- Kyle's covering for LVP- LVP AND Yolanda are manipulative. Basically throwing anything and everything onto the wall to see what sticks. Nothing makes sense mind you.

-Lisa R is enraged.... A LOT

-Eileen validates that rage... with an agenda of her own

-Eileen had an affair, was "interrogated", WANTS an apology and the ponies are by the pool.

-Eileen and LisaR eventually morph into one at this point and become SoapDusa and then the whole Yolanda, Lisa V Dynasty theory starts to sprout

-Pawns, Queens, Rooks, Knights, collateral damage -AND THEN- King Me! Cause Kyle and LisaV have their own game of checkers going on and nobody else was invited.

Nowhere do I see, in all of this, in the slightest this epic battle between Yo Yo and LVP. There is no coherent examples of any such thing going on. Aside from some confrontations and hard feelings, Gossip and accusations, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's transpired all season. Just a bunch of misinformation, misunderstandings and some deliberate jabs. Other than that what I see is Lisa R grasping at anything that sounds damaging to Lisa V and jamming it into the narrative, like a square peg in a round hole, labeling anything and everything as some strategic piece to the puzzle that "proves" this war that has been declared by Yo and LVP and the rest of them have been handled in the midst of it all in order to achieve world dominiation.. LOL.

This is the delusional picture I feel LisaR is trying to paint and Eileen is all for it as long as it means that maybe LisaV will be knocked down a couple of pegs. Eileen is all giddy with anticipation that it doesn't even matter that the theory is completely ridiculous with nothing substantial enough to hold it together. She just wants to see Lisa V brought down so she's co-signing all the way. Gaaahhhhh! It just doesn't have any logic to it. AT ALL!

• Love 14

Sing this to Chicago's song Does Anybody Know What Time It Is:

As I was talking smack the other day 

Lisa V came up  to me and asked if I was bringing Kyle into this or not, yeah

And I said

Does anybody really give a flying fuck

Does anybody really care

If so I can't imagine why

I'd rather stick a fork into my eye

• Love 4

She's really right about this statement. People in general have a short tolerance for people that are sick, so you'd better either get well fast or die, then they can put an end to their professions of empathy. People just don't like to be around sick people for an extended period of time, it sucks their energy like a vacuum to be around someone that's ill. I know that because I'm a nurse and have had my energy sucked out thousands of times.

There are people who are 'professional patients'.

I know because I have been on both sides of the equation?  When I go see a doctor and HAVE to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of sick assholes who sit there and complain - mumble under their breath, go bother the receptionist, demand to be seen next, raise shit about the channel on the TV set in the waiting room, it's too cold in there......and god knows what else?

Yo is the kind of fucking asshole that calls up the doctor's office for EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. She's also the fucking idiot who asks 100 questions and when the doc/nurse answers it? She refutes the answer with something she pulls out of her folder or what she read on the internet.

Also, what to you do when someone constantly checks their watch then pulls out a packet of pills and her thermos with her lemon cleanse in the middle of a nice meal saying that they HAVE to take their 'meds'?

• Love 6
Fourth yacht thing, Lisa Rinna tearing up when Kathryn was crying because her mother called her to wish her a happy birthday. Lisa's father just died this past January, but he was 93 years old and I think was fortunate to have such a long life. Both Lisa and Eileen have a mother that lives a couple of hours away in either an assisted living or skilled nursing facility. Both of them feel guilty that they aren't able to visit their mother more often, even admitting to those visits being as infrequent as once a year. ........hello? Once a YEAR?  Eileen left her mother's care in a nursing home to the supervision of her sister and Lisa left the supervision of her mother's care to her half-sister (including selling her home). This is what I hear in my head. These women try to extract sympathy from others over the fact they both have a mother who needs care and attention, BUT both mothers are suffering memory loss, so what the heck, she won't know if they're there or not, so why go out of the way to see them?  They're able to find the time to traipse off for an ultra-luxurious five days in Dubai because let's face it, who wouldn't want to be treated like a queen for five days? But to take the time and effort and possibly one full day to go see a mother that has very little memory anymore is just not on their list of 'things to do today'. To me, that's very sad.

I agree with your entire post, but especially this.  My parents are in their 70's, and starting to get some health problems.  I live where I live so I can be near them, even though I could live anywhere in the US, and have a couple of places I would move to tomorrow otherwise.

Eileen and Rinna really piss me off with their sob stories.  If it mattered so much, you'd visit more than once a year.  Even if they don't know who you are, YOU know who your MOTHER is.  Bring her some flowers, bring her some hand lotion, offer to do her nails.  Spend time with her before she's gone. 

• Love 12

Holding court over a bunch of drunks and addicts? Drug Closet Organization 101?  Sic-vic selfies and the Importance of Contouring  for an Ill Look Tutorials ? The Art of Making People Feel Shitty? Squeezing Money From a Man Like a Lemon? How to Measure Brain Function and Count Spoons? Parasite Keeping?

• Love 14
(edited)

I'm silently crying at my desk. The damn server hiccuped, and with it, disappeared my responses to the following quoted posts. :( Now, I'm trying to remember the points I previously made. Blech.

There has to be more to the story since it still doesn't make sense. Rinna brought up the Munchies and previously "owned" it. That is all on Rinna. Now, this off camera discussion is confusing. There could have been misunderstanding (like the game of telephone) but Kyle said she would take LVP down in flames if xyz (?) happened. LVP acknowledges Kyle said this. They would have discussed this at that time-->LVP would have said there is no need to make that threat and they would have argued or talked it out. So that part of me makes me think there is something more than what LVP is now saying. I am team kyle/lvp and the munchies is ALL ON RINNA. Dragging Kyle and LVP into it is wrong because they never said munchies (Rinna previously claimed to own that). Also I don't see why it matters what LVP said (truth or lie or misunderstanding) since it just affects Kyle and she is fine with it. So if Kyle doesn't care then I don't care. It doesn't affect Rinna and definitely doesn't affect Eileen (STFU, it doesn't involve you).

I believe there's more to it, too. 

I also didn't like Rinna and Eileen (Erika?) ostracizing LVP. It reeks of passive form of bullying (I hate that word). It was so junior high school and mean girl. Get some class and learn how to be polite.

This seems to happen fairly frequently across all franchises. LVP has played into in seasons before when she was at odds with Kyle. It's not so fun when she's on the receiving end, I guess.

If anyone is stupid enough to believe that LisaV would casually exclaim "WHY NOT DRAG KYLE INTO THIS" then I feel sorry for them. You can´t believe it AND think of her as a mildly competent manipulator as well. This is such an ugly mess that LisaR and Yo have started, and for the first time I didn´t feel like watching a RHoBH episode. I think I´m honestly just done. Came on here to read and am glad that Lisa and Kyle are still friends. I hope they´ll be ok, the others (except maybe Kathryn) can get in a terrible accident for all I care. I used to like them all, and was actually so happy that Kim and Brandi were gone, I thought it would lighten the mood and class up the show, but Yo managed to ruin the show completely. I´m not gonna write about how disgustingly evil and fake I think she is, the horrid liar. But she´s the ultimate reason why I have given up. Goodbye Beverly Hills.

Except that no one is saying--not a one person is saying that those are the words. What's been up for debate, however, are these words: "Oh, I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it." What's also interesting to me about these words is that no one is detailing whether it was a question or a statement.

1. "Oh, I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it."
vs
2. "Oh, I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it?"

--have slightly different rings to them. I also think that, despite this weird belief to the contrary*, Kyle is smart enough to understand that whatever it is, that LVP is playing a game of semantics. Kyle also understands that--for her--she'd rather be on LVP's "good side." Like, seriously, the social media caping that happens over LVP has to be only slightly less fierce than what the Beyhive bring the moment they think anyone is being critical of Beyoncé. I think Kyle is over that shit.

ETA: Also, is it news to anyone that Yolanda and LVP don't like each other? From the time Yolanda came on the scene she was making snide comments about LVP but at that time, LVP was not good with Kyle and Kim so she didn't believe them when they told her that. LVP and Yolanda simply put up with each other and have for a long time. While I think the issue with Ken may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, Yolanda's comments about LVP from the beginning would suggest that it is in fact a Mohamed related issue.

This isn't exactly right. Yolanda joined up in season three. This was a season after Brandi's debut as FOH to Adrienne, which was also after the season two reunion when Brandi got in LVP's ear to say that allllll the women had banded together to take down LVP. So, when Yolanda came along in season three, she wasn't being bitchy to LVP. Who Yolanda was being bitchy to was Kyle and any attempts at friendship that Kyle made. I distinctly remember the Ice Princess looking down her nose when she and Kyle were in the kitchen in Palm Springs the night after the women had been joking and laughing. She was making some remark about going for a walk so early in the morning and the importance of that--all very snotty and Yolier than thou. I also remember Yolanda's blogs from that season. She spent a lot of time taking shots at Kyle in each of them.

Season four was also the season of the stupid Dream Team, which was Yolanda, LVP, and Brandi. That was season where these three women sat and cackled about how they were basically freezing out Kyle; "joked" about how Mauricio and Kyle would be friends with Yolanda the moment Yolanda needed to put her house on the market. I also remember that at some point something must have happened because it was also when Joyce was trying to tell LVP about Yolanda's lunch. I can't quite figure out when that shift happened because it feels damn near simultaneous--the lunch with Joyce and Brandi as well as the banding together to "have a go" at Kyle. 

This is all to say that the idea that Yolanda came onto the show already coming for LVP and being shady to her isn't quite accurate.

*The weird belief being that Kyle isn't smart. I still haven't been able to put my finger on why that accusation is leveled at Kyle. Is it that she laughs at her own dorky jokes, because....yeah. Conversely, LVP gets labeled smart, and I'm like, Is it because she has an English accent? Is that all it takes? Because I sometimes question LVP's intelligence after someone shares a snippet from her blog. LVP's writing (style)--along with her raspy, sexy animal talk--certainly doesn't inspire confidence in me that she's all that bright.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 11

I really can't add much to what has already been said. But just know that I'm nodding and mentally "liking" all of the posts which speak to the ridiculousness of Eileen and LisaR. I don't hate either of them, but I do think they're being so, so messy and extra now. Not a good look. And while I didn't vote in the WWHL poll, count me in on Team LVP and Kyle. I feel like their friendship is authentic and when they are good terms, good times and fun scenes abound (um, with the exception of last night on the yacht...)

But speaking of the yacht and good looks, I thought Kyle looked simply stunning in that one-sleeve red caftan on the yacht. One of her best looks to date! LisaVP should have considered wearing her hair in the updo again. The wind and the humidity were doing her already frazzled-fried hair no favors.

Chalk it up to my glass of LVP Sangria (thanks, Cost Plus!), but I actually voted last night, which I never do!

And Kyle looks great in red. Didn't she wear red on the Amsterdam cruise? Maybe red is her sailing color. LOL

• Love 6

I did want to jump into my TV to throttle Rinna and Eileen, who were absolutely driving me nuts with their continued manipulation and scapegoat garbage. No one put the word "Munchhausen" in Rinna's mouth. No one forced her to go confess to Yolanda nor continue all this talk all this time. And even though it's true LVP and Yo have no love lost between them, I'm sorry, I'm not buying that somehow between the two of them, they've managed to manipulate Rinna and Eileen into becoming "scapegoats" nor having the inability not to keep their fricking traps shut. Which was what I wished they would have done this entire show.

I want to mention one thing about this. Obviously no one "forced" LisaR to go and confess to Yolanda, but she was prompted to do so by Eileen. Does anyone else remember that initially, Eileen told Yo about the Munchhausen talk before LisaR had a chance to talk to Yo about it? Then, Eileen told Rinna that she should "clear the air" with Yolanda to make sure she understood that it was just that she engaged in a convo and felt guilty about it? LisaR brought up Munchies all on her own, but the fact that it has continued to play out over and over again has Eileen's fingerprints all over it. 

• Love 13
ivygirl, on 06 Apr 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Chalk it up to my glass of LVP Sangria (thanks, Cost Plus!), but I actually voted last night, which I never do!

And Kyle looks great in red. Didn't she wear red on the Amsterdam cruise? Maybe red is her sailing color. LOL

You know she DID wear red on the Amsterdam cruise!  lol Red should definitely be her "signature color." 

• Love 5

For me this is easy. Everyone is right. And, everyone is wrong. It makes it more interesting, sort of, because this kind of behind the scenes plotting never plays well as on the show drama, imho.

Still, I have to admit that with only two drinks I was into it. I especially enjoyed Erika, who gives no fucks, and Katherine who seems to have just realized that drama isn't just when she tries (hard) to bring it.

They set up the clash of Vanderpump and Yolanda quite nicely. Though Rinna should be worried they'll team up temporarily against her.

The only misstep was the picnic, imho. It's weird that Yolanda doesn't have better allies. It's also weird to suggest that Kim just had a hard year, like stuff happened to her randomly.

If anyone had told Yo four years ago that her only friends would be Kim and Brandi she would have drowned herself off the Amalfi coast.
  • Love 13

Nothing would surprise me at this point. This is the second time these women have tried bring down LVP and Yo is right in the middle of it. Lemonlymes wants to be the queen of RHOBH and been trying the minute since she came on RHOBH. She wants to turn this show into hers and her children's playhouse like those Kardashians/Jenners on E! God forbid if it does, count me out. I refuse to watch that mess.

What, You don't want to see Yolanda laying in her bed in her white bath robe every episode with her medical advisor announcing the other housewives arrivals? She'd have Gigi next to her in a matching robe and the non-Gigi's would be standing on either side fanning them with palm fronds. 

• Love 7

Loved Yolanda again explaining how everybody else is a bad friend for not living up to all her rules. Of course she prefers being with Brandi and Kim. They can’t jockey for position. Yolanda feels completely superior to all of them at all times.

Okay, I have to say something. I think Yolanda's spot on. I think it's true that we now live in a world where people can't stick it out when the going gets tough. Sure friends do rally for a while but then start to fade away once they realize that it's an ongoing commitment that doesn't involve partying, or pleasant gatherings. Once people realize that friendship will be more about downer days, long talks, comforting and support people tend to pull back and then disappear. I was right with her when she shared that and look, the reaction is usually negative when a person shares that they think it's wrong. Or "play" victim.

In our society today weak, sick those in need of support or help are expected to champion themselves and gracefully allow people to fade away. They shouldn't shackle loved ones for their own sake and if they do then it's not right. No one should play the victim card to get others to care. That's harsh. I think Yolanda's position is that people shouldn't have to play the victim card. That people should step up and steel themselves for the new reality within a relationship with someone having struggles. That's what friends, family, unconditional love is supposed to be about. I'm not talking about strangers but I think Yolanda has every right to feel the way she feels about people who have already integrated themselves into her life BEFORE her illness because flaws and all these are people who still decided they wanted to befriend Yolanda and be a part of her life so if you cared enough to be a friend when all was well I would expect no less when things get tough.

The way Yolanda's been raked across the coals all season for daring to share her disappointments with how those around her have chosen to deal with her and her struggles just goes to show that she isn't entirely wrong. I don't think Yolanda is exhausting when it comes to what her expectations are of friends, family and people close to her. I expect the same thing. It is grueling to be there for friends that have more needs than the average happy go lucky friend or acquaintance but so what. You make the effort and all Yolanda has been pointing out during the season is that it's really a shame that people are so quick to excuse their lack of effort and support when it comes to fulfilling friendly obligations. She's not young so she remembers when there was a time where people were more dedicated to their friendships. Where people honored obligations. Shit I remember too and Yolanda is a good few years older than me. Even I have noticed the drastic difference in society over the years and I feel that Yolanda is just honestly expressing her sadness over what has become the norm now a days VS. the resolve people used to have 20+ years ago. I'm actually right there with her when it comes to that sentiment. I think it's a very relevant and valid point of view that shouldn't be glossed over just because Yolanda is the one expressing it. 

• Love 7
(edited)
Eileen and Rinna really piss me off with their sob stories.  If it mattered so much, you'd visit more than once a year.  Even if they don't know who you are, YOU know who your MOTHER is.  Bring her some flowers, bring her some hand lotion, offer to do her nails.  Spend time with her before she's gone.

So much this. Visiting an aging/ailing parent is as much for you as it is for them. 

Okay, I have to say something. I think Yolanda's spot on. I think it's true that we now live in a world where people can't stick it out when the going gets tough. Sure friends do rally for a while but then start to fade away once they realize that it's an ongoing commitment that doesn't involve partying, or pleasant gatherings. Once people realize that friendship will be more about downer days, long talks, comforting and support people tend to pull back and then disappear. I was right with her when she shared that and look, the reaction is usually negative when a person shares that they think it's wrong. Or "play" victim.

I agree but I also think it's a two way street. Yo wants support and I get that when you are sick people put up with it for a limited time, then fade away, BUT, it goes both ways. If one of the other hoes has a long drawn out illness and Yo was healthy, how long would she stick around? Methinks she's be off in the Amalfi coast and picking lemons for the kings dinner, not siting by someone's bedside. But I'm just speculating, 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 14
(edited)

There are people who are 'professional patients'.

I know because I have been on both sides of the equation?  When I go see a doctor and HAVE to sit in a waiting room with a bunch of sick assholes who sit there and complain - mumble under their breath, go bother the receptionist, demand to be seen next, raise shit about the channel on the TV set in the waiting room, it's too cold in there......and god knows what else?

Yo is the kind of fucking asshole that calls up the doctor's office for EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. She's also the fucking idiot who asks 100 questions and when the doc/nurse answers it? She refutes the answer with something she pulls out of her folder or what she read on the internet.

Also, what to you do when someone constantly checks their watch then pulls out a packet of pills and her thermos with her lemon cleanse in the middle of a nice meal saying that they HAVE to take their 'meds'?

There's so much about Lyme Disease that's still unknown, even though the first cases were diagnosed back in the 1980's. When Lyme isn’t detected in the early stages, it becomes Chronic Lyme, a condition which the CDC and IDSA both deny even exists. They will continue to deny it, because if there’s one thing insurance companies hate, it’s chronic disorders they have to spend time and money treating. Lucky for Yolanda she had the resources available to her because she's wealthy. Pinpointing this type of infection is not an exact science, and symptoms are not always crystal clear and that's why many people infected go a very long time misdiagnosed or not diagnosed then it's too late and it becomes a chronic illness. I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease back in 2001. Just two days ago I had an appointment with my Gastroenterologist (time for colonoscopy, ew) and while I was there I mentioned to him that I had been diagnosed with Lyme back in 2001 and he said immediately "okay so you have brain fog and joint pain'" Bingo doc, you get it. Lucky for me my treatment seemed to have caught the disease before it became neurological. So yeah, I am one of the very few people, perhaps in the world, that can relate to what Yolanda says. So sue me. :) And about pulling out the pills to take during a meal, there's many medications that need the person to take them with food. I have several like that and sometimes it's a chore just to grab a yogurt or some crackers to take with them but that's the mechanism that makes those particular drugs work in the intestines and not in the stomach.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 6

Rinna spent more time visiting and interacting with the Dutch-Munch Bitch last year than she did her own dying father and elderly mother. When she did see them it seemed as if  strangers were visiting. Rinna was gone so long there was very little common ground which resulted in silences, stilted conversation, and explanations.

Sadness and crying, please those crocodile tears for her selfish self and not them. She doesn't deserve any of her father's estate especially his paintings, those should go to her sister she did the caring and work.

• Love 9

Wait I still don't get the Yolanda vs. LVP spin. It makes no fucking sense whats so ever. There are hard feeling over the Ken incident and between the two women in general. Okay fine but when the hell did that turn into Yolanda and LVP going for each others throats in the name of RHoBH royalty?  I just don't get it! How is all this connected to the other women? This is what I've seen this season:

-Yolanda's sick/healthy selfies has been the subject of questioning and mocking

-Yolanda's health choices have caused confusion and conversation

-Yolanda's childrens health has stunned the other wives

-Lisa Rinna leaned in too far and instead of just ki ki ing with LVP and Kyle about the instagram selfies she lumped two separate sentiments (laughing at how Yolanda displays her illness vs. their true concern and thoughtful conversations about possible causes.) together and stupidly tried to float the whole Munchies angle. That was going to far.

-Lisa and Kyle wanted nothing to do with that mutation of ideas

-Lisa R gets a clue and realized she's fucked

-Lisa R tries to make ammends and slip out unscathed but Yolanda isn't 100% forgiving

-Lisa R realizes she will be feeling that particular burn all season and it may affect the rest of filming so onto a new theory to attempt damage control.

-SCAPEGOAT!- LVP and Yolanda are at war- Kyle's covering for LVP- LVP AND Yolanda are manipulative. Basically throwing anything and everything onto the wall to see what sticks. Nothing makes sense mind you.

-Lisa R is enraged.... A LOT

-Eileen validates that rage... with an agenda of her own

-Eileen had an affair, was "interrogated", WANTS an apology and the ponies are by the pool.

-Eileen and LisaR eventually morph into one at this point and become SoapDusa and then the whole Yolanda, Lisa V Dynasty theory starts to sprout

-Pawns, Queens, Rooks, Knights, collateral damage -AND THEN- King Me! Cause Kyle and LisaV have their own game of checkers going on and nobody else was invited.

Nowhere do I see, in all of this, in the slightest this epic battle between Yo Yo and LVP. There is no coherent examples of any such thing going on. Aside from some confrontations and hard feelings, Gossip and accusations, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's transpired all season. Just a bunch of misinformation, misunderstandings and some deliberate jabs. Other than that what I see is Lisa R grasping at anything that sounds damaging to Lisa V and jamming it into the narrative, like a square peg in a round hole, labeling anything and everything as some strategic piece to the puzzle that "proves" this war that has been declared by Yo and LVP and the rest of them have been handled in the midst of it all in order to achieve world dominiation.. LOL.

This is the delusional picture I feel LisaR is trying to paint and Eileen is all for it as long as it means that maybe LisaV will be knocked down a couple of pegs. Eileen is all giddy with anticipation that it doesn't even matter that the theory is completely ridiculous with nothing substantial enough to hold it together. She just wants to see Lisa V brought down so she's co-signing all the way. Gaaahhhhh! It just doesn't have any logic to it. AT ALL!

Pretty much nailed it! LOL

• Love 1

Except that no one is saying--not a one person is saying that those are the words. What's been up for debate, however, are these words: "Oh, I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it." What's also interesting to me about these words is that no one is detailing whether it was a question or a statement.

1. "Oh, I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it."

vs

2. "Oh, I thought you were going to bring Kyle into it?"

It´s comparing apples with apples. Lisa isn´t stupid enough, no matter what words were used (Rinna has been all over the place with the exact wording), to say something with such an evil meaning to Rinna at the moment in question. It´s laughable and a waste of time to debate it, for us and certainly for them. Kyle was there, the camera´s were there, Lisa Rinna and Eileen have no credibility when it comes to this whole conversation, so enough should be enough. Hate Lisa or love her, she´s not dumb as rocks and would have played the situation differently if she was trying anything.

• Love 10

I said the apology worked "for now" because it was only a matter of time before Lisa V revealed that it wasn't actually heartfelt, which she did very quickly. Haven't read any blogs yet but of course Eileen would have something to say about it.

What I find funny was that you see Lisa V intently listening to Kyle and for me I found that to be genuine. She seemed completely confused as to what would make Eileen accept her apology so she was willing to get the proper wording from Kyle. I thought that was actually pretty commendable. You see that she's confused at Kyle's criticism when she starts to ad lib what Kyle is feeding her. Like she really doesn't understand that what she's saying isn't coming off well. She offers the apology. Great. Then you see the wives asking LisaV about the apology and mocking it. Asking her in pointed tones whether she meant it. That's NOT LV mocking her apology they are. She's trying to explain it and the girls are laughing saying but did you mean it and while the women are cackling you can hear LVP say well I said it the way she needed to hear it because I don't want her to feel hurt. (paraphrasing but it's close). So even though it's obvious that LVP deliberately intended to "say what she wanted to hear" she also did it because she wanted to genuinely give Eileen an apology that would make her feel better. She was making the effort to deliver something to Eileen and I think the sentiment was authentic.

• Love 24

In our society today weak, sick those in need of support or help are expected to champion themselves and gracefully allow people to fade away. They shouldn't shackle loved ones for their own sake and if they do then it's not right. No one should play the victim card to get others to care. That's harsh. I think Yolanda's position is that people shouldn't have to play the victim card. That people should step up and steel themselves for the new reality within a relationship with someone having struggles. That's what friends, family, unconditional love is supposed to be about. I'm not talking about strangers but I think Yolanda has every right to feel the way she feels about people who have already integrated themselves into her life BEFORE her illness because flaws and all these are people who still decided they wanted to befriend Yolanda and be a part of her life so if you cared enough to be a friend when all was well I would expect no less when things get tough.

The way Yolanda's been raked across the coals all season for daring to share her disappointments with how those around her have chosen to deal with her and her struggles just goes to show that she isn't entirely wrong. I don't think Yolanda is exhausting when it comes to what her expectations are of friends, family and people close to her. I expect the same thing. It is grueling to be there for friends that have more needs than the average happy go lucky friend or acquaintance but so what. You make the effort and all Yolanda has been pointing out during the season is that it's really a shame that people are so quick to excuse their lack of effort and support when it comes to fulfilling friendly obligations. She's not young so she remembers when there was a time where people were more dedicated to their friendships. Where people honored obligations. Shit I remember too and Yolanda is a good few years older than me. Even I have noticed the drastic difference in society over the years and I feel that Yolanda is just honestly expressing her sadness over what has become the norm now a days VS. the resolve people used to have 20+ years ago. I'm actually right there with her when it comes to that sentiment. I think it's a very relevant and valid point of view that shouldn't be glossed over just because Yolanda is the one expressing it. 

Sing it sister and AMEN!

• Love 3

None of these people were friends with Yolanda before her illness. She has been mad at LVP since Paris, hated Kyle for two seasons, and met Lisa R and Eileen while "sick".  So to say they are moving away from her-she was never friends with them to begin with.  Same goes for Kim-Kim called her out Season 3 for using illness and ESL as excuses for harsh statements.  Brandi showing up with T-Shirts in poor taste at the sad picnic isn't a sign of friendship.   

Yolanda should identify who moved away or who she shut out-her husband David Foster.  It is not realistic or fair to blame illness and paint the other women in an unfair light. 

• Love 18

What I find funny was that you see Lisa V intently listening to Kyle and for me I found that to be genuine. She seemed completely confused as to what would make Eileen accept her apology so she was willing to get the proper wording from Kyle. I thought that was actually pretty commendable. You see that she's confused at Kyle's criticism when she starts to ad lib what Kyle is feeding her. Like she really doesn't understand that what she's saying isn't coming off well. She offers the apology. Great. Then you see the wives asking LisaV about the apology and mocking it. Asking her in pointed tones whether she meant it. That's NOT LV mocking her apology they are. She's trying to explain it and the girls are laughing saying but did you mean it and while the women are cackling you can hear LVP say well I said it the way she needed to hear it because I don't want her to feel hurt. (paraphrasing but it's close). So even though it's obvious that LVP deliberately intended to "say what she wanted to hear" she also did it because she wanted to genuinely give Eileen an apology that would make her feel better. She was making the effort to deliver something to Eileen and I think the sentiment was authentic.

And apparently, it still wasn't good enough for Eileen! Her blog is nothing more than ripping LisaV to shreds and includes a comment at the end that she "knew" Lisa couldn't make a real apology.

• Love 12

Anwar?

Well he's male isn't he!

He's lucky he escaped to Daddy's palace where hopefully the Dutch Dragon has less access to him.

Saying that, Ding-a-Ling would give him just enough love and smiles because he will be the last man standing to be squeezed for money when he inherits his dad's estate. Bitch has got to live in the style she has become accustomed to and she will squeeze that boy like a lemon.

• Love 9

None of these people were friends with Yolanda before her illness. She has been mad at LVP since Paris, hated Kyle for two seasons, and met Lisa R and Eileen while "sick".  So to say they are moving away from her-she was never friends with them to begin with.  Same goes for Kim-Kim called her out Season 3 for using illness and ESL as excuses for harsh statements.  Brandi showing up with T-Shirts in poor taste at the sad picnic isn't a sign of friendship.   

Yolanda should identify who moved away or who she shut out-her husband David Foster.  It is not realistic or fair to blame illness and paint the other women in an unfair light. 

Not to mention that Yolanda has not done for her dying friend Elle what she demands for herself from her co-workers/friends.

• Love 13

Is this the gist of it:

LVP tells Kyle "Whew! I'm glad Rinna didn't bring you into this"

Kyle responds "If I go up in flames I'm taking you all with me"

My take is that Kyle immediately thought about their culpability of making fun of Yo's sick/not sick selfies (and (more so Kyle texting back & forth with Rinna) - they both knew they had nothing to do with Rinna's Munchausen's conversation, and NOT that LVP tried to throw Kyle under the bus.

To paraphrase, LVP (IMO) was saying "Whew! I'm glad Rinna didn't throw you under the bus re all the texting/making fun of Yo"

I don't even know if this makes sense...neither of them allowed LVP to ever fully explain and both Kyle & Rinna are a little dense when it comes to nuance, tone, etc...

• Love 13
(edited)

I disagree. LisaR said that she did not think LisaV was manipulative when Eileen first started say that to her but she eventually came around and now calls LisaV manipulative and they try to make it sound like LisaV put the word "Munchausen" in LisaR's mouth. Too bad that LisaR still admits that she brought that word into the discussion all on her own!

And don't forgot when Eileen sat LisaR down after she defended LisaV to let her know how disappointed she was to hear her defend Lisa V even after her good friend Lisa R saw how Lisa V treated her (Eileen) in the Hamptons. Eileen spun that web cause she was pissed that LisaR defended LisaV even though Eileen was "wronged" by LisaR.. So she sat Lisa R down to set her straight about who LisaV really is and then by the end of that conversation Eileen easily succeeded in getting those lips of Lisa's flapping to the point that you see the moment where Eileen is all "Woah, fucking A, I've created a monster" and then starts damage control with her own hand's up, slowly stepping away from the narrative that Lisa started spewing all over the beach. Oh, yeah Eileen started that whole LisaR thinks LVP is manipulative train. Slap a conductors hat on her boy.. She's already got the overalls.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10