Type keyword(s) to search

Salem International: Casting Notes: Arrivals & Departures

• Start Topic

I really like that Allison seems to come back once a year, but I dread what Ron will write for her. Her return for the Will storyline was good, until she had Ben re-strangle Will (I still call Bullshit on that, there's no way in hell Sami would ever do that to her son who just came back from the dead)... And then she came back and was waving the gun around during the wedding... And I'm just like "can't we do one Sami return where she just acts like a normal person and catches up with people?"

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Yes Sami. Hopefully she go the pub and give Kate a hard time.   Kate’s never been nice to servers.  

Except Sami/Kate are friends now(which is such a stupid thing but I guess since Sami doesn't want Austin/Lucas anymore she's cool)

13 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Except Sami/Kate are friends now(which is such a stupid thing but I guess since Sami doesn't want Austin/Lucas anymore she's cool)

She can still give her a hard time when she serves her.  It will fun watching Kate get a taste of her own medicine. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Lindsey Godfrey and Greg Vaughn will be leaving Salem, no indication for how long.

https://www.soapcentral.com/days/news/2019/1206-greg_vaughan_linsey_godfrey_out.php

Since we know they’ve filmed through August, does that mean it’s minimally that long? I don’t care about Asshole Eric being gone, but I’m a Sarah/Xander fan (though his woobiness can be grating) and will miss their interactions. 

• Love 3

Those are some weird looking pictures LOL...

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm going to miss Kassie. She always brings it and energizes her scenes and makes it all seem so real. Eve has of course been a train wreck since she was reintroduced to the canvas years ago, so I guess I should be grateful she's finally leaving, but maybe now there's a little too much dead-eyed acting going on in Salem and I'm grateful for someone with spark. Sigh.

I'm not at all surprised Sami is coming back in August, considering that's when the show probably would have ended. There's no way they'd end the show without her.

The only question is whether or not they convinced James Scott to return for a cameo or if they recast EJ. I would assume if they were bringing her back for the potential end of the show, they would want to say that EJ is healed again. I think he should have stayed dead but that's just me.

• Love 5

It is weird that Kassie is gone-gone and the other cast members are just gone with the current contracts. This tape/airing schedule makes it hard to figure out how she was canned when everyone had their current contracts null & void. Of course, Kassie is the one who announced it but the show hasn’t from I’ve read. Also, if she airs last in December this was done six months ago when all the “cancellation” talks were in the press. Not only is this soap crazy but the actual production schedule is crazy, too. LOL!!!!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It is weird that Kassie is gone-gone and the other cast members are just gone with the current contracts. This tape/airing schedule makes it hard to figure out how she was canned when everyone had their current contracts null & void. Of course, Kassie is the one who announced it but the show hasn’t from I’ve read. Also, if she airs last in December this was done six months ago when all the “cancellation” talks were in the press. Not only is this soap crazy but the actual production schedule is crazy, too. LOL!!!!

Considering she wrote that letter I think she's gone gone tbh.

I also think that about Casey Moss as well as Thia Megia where neither have spoken technically they're still airing but yeah they're gone gone as well.

Actually this may have been taped in April/May of this year considering this show now tapes 7-8 months in advance.

Edited by CanaryFan98
On 12/7/2019 at 5:54 AM, Silver Raven said:

Lindsey Godfrey and Greg Vaughn will be leaving Salem, no indication for how long.

https://www.soapcentral.com/days/news/2019/1206-greg_vaughan_linsey_godfrey_out.php

Good. Time to end the Lynsey Godfrey as Sarah Horton farce . 

They better recast the role with melissa Archer . They should have done this in the first place .

The recast would work especiAlly with this whole Xander /Eric/Sarah debacLe. Telfer had chemistry with Melissa. 

Just read Somewhere that kassie depaiva is also exiting the show. 

She is a fantastic actress but was way too old to playEve. She was miscast . Time to Recast the role of Eve Donovan with Jessica Collins. 

Edited by Rafael
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rafael said:

Good. Time to end the Lynsey Godfrey as Sarah Horton farce . 

They better recast the role with melissa Archer . They should have done this in the first place .

The recast would work especiAlly with this whole Xander /Eric/Sarah debacLe. Telfer had chemistry with Melissa. 

Just read Somewhere that kassie depaiva is also exiting the show. 

She is a fantastic actress but was way too old to playEve. She was miscast . Time to Recast the role of Eve Donovan with Jessica Collins. 

Its a temp exit they'll be back. 

I do agree Melissa Archer should've been Sarah Horton to begin with instead of LG who would've been a better Stephanie Johnson recast.

I do prefer CR to KDP but since CR isn't ever coming back to Days at this rate I would've gone for Gina Tognini as Eve. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Its a temp exit they'll be back. 

I do agree Melissa Archer should've been Sarah Horton to begin with instead of LG who would've been a better Stephanie Johnson recast.

I do prefer CR to KDP but since CR isn't ever coming back to Days at this rate I would've gone for Gina Tognini as Eve. 

I actually have Gina Tognoni pegged for the role of Carrie Brady . 

Christie Clarke is unlikely to return on a fulltime basis. Might as well recast the role . 

Jessica Collins would totally rule as Eve Donovan. She is ridiculously gorgeous for a woman pushing 50 and shes got that youthful look Which would make it plausible that sHe is Charles Shaunessy's daughter. 

• Love 1
On 12/21/2019 at 8:47 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I would prefer EJ stay dead tbh.

That being said Kassie's last airdate is New Year's Eve not Christmas Eve.

Me too.

unLess James Scott is returning to reprise the role of EJ , the character in the meantine ,should stay dead . 

That whole Faux EJ nonsense felt vapid and empty because we all knOw it wasnt Janes Scott behind the Facial Bandages . On top of that The presence of Faux EJ will limit Sami somewhat. She Wont be able to come to SaLem for certain events  because she Is looking after a zombie version of EJ.

Why not just have her be a single mum ?. Nothing wrong with that. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3

My first thought too! 🤣

I guess they still have to get married so maybe it's a sweeps week marriage in the town square with a curtain hung over the store fronts and some busted Christmas lights strung around a lamppost.

How romantic.

• LOL 5

George DelHoyo as Orpheus and Marie Wilson as Summer will be coming back during the flashbacks week.  I guess Summer is the person from Maggie's past who makes her start drinking again, but I don't know what Orpheus will be doing.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't really know who those two are. Can someone give me a brief history? 

Orpheus was an awesome villain from Days yesteryear(most recent return was back in 2016) he used to work for the ISA alongside Roman but then turned evil when Roman accidentally killed Orpheus's wife Rebecca leaving him a widowed father. He ended up kidnapping Marlena and forced her to play mother to his kids as revenge for what Roman took from him. 

He was a lot like Stefano(probably the other villian in Days history that was on his level tbh) his children were his weakness and he was complex.

Which is why I fear Ron writing him will ruin the good memories I do have of this character because he'll be turned into this terrible cartoon like everyone else.

Summer was Daniel's twin sister in that egg baby debacle. Brady started dreaming of her once he got Daniel's heart and didn't know why. Summer was rather fixated on Brady(nothing happened between them) who was engaged to Theresa at the time. Theresa hated her.  It was a terrible story and she was a rather pointless character Marie Wilson played her.

I didn't hate her like everyone else but there's no need for her either.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Summer was Daniel's twin sister in that egg baby debacle. Brady started dreaming of her once he got Daniel's heart and didn't know why. Summer was rather fixated on Brady(nothing happened between them) who was engaged to Theresa at the time. Theresa hated her.  It was a terrible story and she was a rather pointless character Marie Wilson played her.

She wasn't Daniel's twin.  She was some ret-con Kid Maggie supposedly had when she was younger.  I think that's why she was so hated - show ignored Maggie's ACTUAL children for some useless, never should have existed in the first place child - sort of like Daniel.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

She wasn't Daniel's twin.  She was some ret-con Kid Maggie supposedly had when she was younger.  I think that's why she was so hated - show ignored Maggie's ACTUAL children for some useless, never should have existed in the first place child - sort of like Daniel.

Yes, that's right.  The story was that some farmhand raped Maggie and because of how she was concieved, Maggie couldn't stand to keep her.  I think it was supposed to have happened after Maggie's parents had died and certainly before she met Mickey.

It made NO sense, time wise, since it made her Maggie's oldest child and yet Show if that was so, Marie Wilson was at least a decade too young to play the part.  And then, there was the writing for the character.....

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

That's right my bad they could've had Marie as Sarah Horton instead but no...

• Love 3

I am so appalled that awful character is coming back . UGH !!

OUT OF ALL THE past CHARACTERS RON COULD Possibly BRING BACK ,HE SETTLES ON SUMMER FREAKING TOWNSEND .

Damn him !!

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 3
On 1/11/2020 at 6:33 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Orpheus was an awesome villain from Days yesteryear(most recent return was back in 2016) he used to work for the ISA alongside Roman but then turned evil when Roman accidentally killed Orpheus's wife Rebecca leaving him a widowed father. He ended up kidnapping Marlena and forced her to play mother to his kids as revenge for what Roman took from him. 

He was a lot like Stefano(probably the other villian in Days history that was on his level tbh) his children were his weakness and he was complex.

Which is why I fear Ron writing him will ruin the good memories I do have of this character because he'll be turned into this terrible cartoon like everyone else.

I didn't hate her like everyone else but there's no need for her either.

Summer was such a collosaL flop . She did not fit in and she had zero chemistry with the cast .Its  No wonder  She didnt last for nore than a year. 

Edited by Rafael
  • Love 4

Maybe Summer the retcon can be retconned as a con (how many times can "con" appear here?) and not a Maggie spawn. As far as I'm concerned, the only children of hers I acknowledge are Sarah and Melissa. The audience SAW their histories.

Daniel? Summer? GTFO and bye!

ETA: Melissa is not Maggie...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Wow..! Back by Popular Demand! 🙄 WTF is she doing on this show again?

Orpheus died two times in his last appearance. I can't fathom how or why they'd bring him back when there are already too many villains to deal with...Clyde, Rolfe, Gina, Stevano, Kristen...plus all the not-supposed-to-be-villains-but-they-are like Ciara, Ben, Xander, Lani, Gabi, Kate, Victor....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The show missed an opportunity by not having Orpheus be the one who held Will captive during his missing years. Perhaps Will fell in love with Orpheus' grandson. It would have tied in beautifully with his history with John Marlena and Roman. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

EOfjJVvX0AAuMTv.jpg

EOfjJV3WsAAP1JP.jpg

Ron is a hack and we will never have the three Johnson siblings together at the same time.  There is still stories left to tell via their children.. Adrienne has 3 other sons who could drive their own stories with Adrienne and Justin playing supporting roles..

• Love 8

Yeah this show doesn't realize that the vets don't need to be the leads or have stories that should really go to the 20/30 something crowd on this show. Justin/Adrienne as supporting characters dealing with the drama of their children is enough with a side story of their own or something. 

I mean the show was able to write Jennifer in a supporting role over the drama JJ and Abby had this past decade yet for some reason they couldn't do this with the rest of the other characters on this show.....

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah this show doesn't realize that the vets don't need to be the leads or have stories that should really go to the 20/30 something crowd on this show. Justin/Adrienne as supporting characters dealing with the drama of their children is enough with a side story of their own or something. 

As a Justin and Adrienne fan, I feel cheated that we will never see them with their four sons on the show.  The last time they were all together in Salem, Sonny was in utero.  His older brothers were all born on the show.  Seeing Sonny interact with Alexander, Joseph and Victor jr. could have helped with Sonny's characterization.  Sonny is still underdeveloped after all this time..

• Love 7

Really its not hard to write this and Alexander Kiriakis could've been played by Tyler Christopher/Brandon Barash but no we had to have another retcon Dimera nobody asked for. 

He still could've been paired with Gabi or any other available lady on this show. 

Lucas Adams could've played Joey/Victor instead we got Tripp who probably will never find out about Steve back in Salem.  

Instead they had all these retcon characters nobody really cared about when they have plenty of characters from the show's history they could've used instead we have yet to see on a long term basis.(Andrew Donovan, Stephanie Johnson, Joey Johnson etc)

• Love 4
On 1/15/2020 at 3:15 AM, Pearson80 said:

The show missed an opportunity by not having Orpheus be the one who held Will captive during his missing years. Perhaps Will fell in love with Orpheus' grandson. It would have tied in beautifully with his history with John Marlena and Roman. 

it would have been awesome if Quinn Hudson was the son of  OrPheus And Madison James turning out to be the daughter of Orpheus. She is certainly old enough to father a boy who is roughly the same age as Will. 

On 1/17/2020 at 9:18 PM, Pearson80 said:

Ron is a hack and we will never have the three Johnson siblings together at the same time.  There is still stories left to tell via their children.. Adrienne has 3 other sons who could drive their own stories with Adrienne and Justin playing supporting roles..

Plus the Johnson's have step siblings as well since their mum is married to Vern Scofield.  The siblings in question are Brian Scofield ,Tanner Scofield and Cassie Scofield. 

How i wish tje actor who played Vargas can be brought back as Detective Tanner Scofield. 

3 hours ago, Rafael said:

Plus the Johnson's have step siblings as well since their mum is married to Vern Scofield.  The siblings in question are Brian Scofield ,Tanner Scofield and Cassie Scofield. 

How i wish tje actor who played Vargas can be brought back as Detective Tanner Scofield. 

I loved Vern, whatever happened to him? I adored his friendship with Jack.  Jack always clicked with women as friends but his closeness with Vern was very heartwarming. He was what Jack needed after Harper.  He was a wonderful influence and he was so funny with Jack..

• Love 4