Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 11/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, UYI said:

This makes me want to watch clips and try to figure out who it was. Robin was interested in a guy named Roger during that time period, but I think he was Kim's age in real life, and I don't think he became famous later.

Tobey Maguire? I spotted him in a scene with Robin around then. He could've just been a dayplayer though.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I think that was a month later after the knife scenes. If it was sooner though they could have just been lying through their teeth.

IIRC it was intended to be the end, then the network made them walk it back.

10 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Tobey Maguire? I spotted him in a scene with Robin around then. He could've just been a dayplayer though.

Some people guessed it was an actor who played a character named Rowdy. 

“Walking back” something is in the eye of the beholder, IMO. Of course the writers can come up with a reason for someone’s behavior, but whether the audience accepts it is a different story. These writers never want to put in the necessary work, so it doesn’t matter how good the actor is, for the most part. If the justification sucks, it sucks.

• Love 1

Meh.  Jason threatened to kill Sam to her face and those two wacko's got married and have a kid.  It won't be long before Julian is redeemed and Alexis is back on his peen.

Edited by Darklazr
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I remember Rowdy, but IIRC that dude did not go on to big movies. It could be Jeremy Davies, I suppose. The Tobey Maguire cameo is the first thing that came into my mind though.

3 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Meh.  Jason threatened to kill Sam to her face and those two wacko's got married and have a kid.  It won't be long before Julian is redeemed and Alexis is back on his peen.

Other than Sonny shooting Carly in the head whilst giving birth, didn't he also threaten to kill her...I cannot recall but it may have been Kate related?  I just remember the scene in the hospital foyer where he threatened her life.

21 minutes ago, bannana said:

Other than Sonny shooting Carly in the head whilst giving birth, didn't he also threaten to kill her...I cannot recall but it may have been Kate related?  I just remember the scene in the hospital foyer where he threatened her life.

I'm pretty sure that was when Olivia was shot by...Ava? I think? There are so many shootings on this show! Sonny thought Carly might have been behind it and threatened her. I believe the implication was "if Olivia dies, so do you."

What a lovely tentpole couple to base a soap opera around.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I'm pretty sure that was when Olivia was shot by...Ava? I think? There are so many shootings on this show! Sonny thought Carly might have been behind it and threatened her. I believe the implication was "if Olivia dies, so do you."

What a lovely tentpole couple to base a soap opera around.

Oh wait, I think I do remember.  Carly was trying to kill, maybe Franco, and shot Olivia instead?

1 hour ago, bannana said:

Oh wait, I think I do remember.  Carly was trying to kill, maybe Franco, and shot Olivia instead?

Yeah, Carly got Shawn to try and kill Franco.  For a while, it was thought that Shawn had missed and hit Olivia, but it turned out to be Ava who had.

. . . Which makes me wonder where the sniper side of her has gone?

52 minutes ago, bannana said:

And so, Ava was trying to kill who?  Franco? And then, why?

On general principle? No, it was something to do with Kiki and scamming the Quartermaines. This was when everyone believed that a)Franco was Jason's twin and b)Kiki was Franco's daughter.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

That guy was her age, though. He later played Ricky the paper boy on Full House, who DJ had a crush on (DON'T JUDGE ME!). 

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm tired of hearing Ava whine about how she's not worthy of Griffin. Maybe this guy will focus her. And I'd rather someone outside try to shake them up than Sonny tell Griffin what sort of trash Ava is and she's not worthy.

You know, a bunch of old Sonny scripts could be recycled for this, just  erase "Griffin" and "Ava' and insert "Jax" and "Carly" or "Brenda."  I have zero interest in Ava, but I would get a kick out of Sonny and Carly seeing Ava emerge from a bedroom wearing just a robe, getting in her face about what a pathetic loser Griffin is to have gone to bed with her (yes, hypocrisy from him of course) and ... SBJason comes out shirtless from the bedroom and tells them to SHUT UP. Their heads exploding would be better than the time Carly saw hungover Michael in Brenda's bed.   

I really don't care why such circumstances happen. Maybe Jason is getting drunk because he saw Sam making out with BMJason, and he's talking to Ava who's also drinking because she had a big fight with Griffin about something.  But  S&C looking like the stupid assholes they ARE would be awesome!

• Love 7
On 11/14/2017 at 3:49 PM, Darklazr said:

Lawd.  There are GH fans that hate Sonny with the heat of 1,000 suns and want him either dead or gone permanently from the show.  For me, Julian should have been a short term character.

The only time I ever liked Julian was that time he killed a day player.  He's gone downhill since. 

• Love 2

Celebrate GENERAL HOSPITAL Supercouple Luke and Laura's Wedding Anniversary!

http://www.abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/gh-general-hospital-luke-laura-wedding-anniversary-anthony-geary-genie-francis-119166/photos/gh-luke-laura-wedding-01-211416

1981: On General Hospital, the wedding of Luke (Anthony Geary) and Laura (Genie Francis) began. 

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2017/11/today-in-soap-opera-history-november-16.html

• Love 1

Stumbled across a great thread on Twitter of Sonny/Carly/Jason getting dragged clips, including your favorites like Alexis going off after Kristina Senior was killed, Tracy going off on Carly after Michael was sent to prison, Monica going off on Jason after Emily was killed.

• Love 7

Even though she wasn't dragged (and maybe this should go in the history thread?) but I loooooved when Brenda returned and she was marrying the moobster, how she and Robin were mocking that SheBeast, and puir, puir, harridan, got her widdle feewings all butthurt when she overheard, while she was eavesdropping on them.

See me playing my violin and laughing my ASS OFF.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The fact that the Today show—on NBC—is pimping Luke and Laura tells you just about everything.

I don't know why the today show randomly decided to mention it. Milestones are celebrated in 5s and 10s and Luke and Laura arent even currently together.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That was so OOC for Carly. 

Actually, I distinctly remember @PeteMartell bringing that scene up in the past as an example of what Carly once was (I guess mostly when Sarah Brown played her), and that was a scene where he felt signs of the Carly that could express her insecurity, even if it now seemed less consistent with who she eventually became. 

• Love 2

@GHScorpiosRule I saw this posted on DD; thought you'd get a kick out of it. LOL.

Finally read the KMc article on Robin. She says within 10 minutes of seeing Steve again after 5 years, she started making fun of his hair and he started calling her “Kimberlocka” which is what he called her when she was 15.   

• Love 3

At the risk of answering a rhetorical question (not sure whether jsbt means "Who is this inconsequential character to be the subject of a Tweet?"), Chet is Amy Driscoll's vet/amputee brother, whose plight was the wellspring of the Ask Man Landers story that has defined 2017 on General Hospital.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Chet is Amy Driscoll's vet/amputee brother, whose plight was the wellspring of the Ask Man Landers story that has defined 2017 on General Hospital.

Oh for God's sake

• Love 1