Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Girl, that would be a good ending compared to what could still happen....Patrick spitting on Robin and them both being killed by Little Jake's glare.

Frank must be beyond pissed. But, then again, he hasn't cared about JT or Patrick...ever.

Our only hope is that they couldn't do the above, before JT filmed his last episode a couple of weeks ago.

He had to basically start filming at Y&R within days of leaving GH to be on air in January. Lol, Frank must be seething.

I'll have to check him out on Y&R as well. I've missed seeing him being given decent material and allowed to act. I'll laugh my ass off if he wins an Emmy in the new role.

• Love 5

I think going in a different physical direction is the right choice actually. I don't really follow Y&R but trying yet again to come up with a Miller-type guy seems like a mistake. They need a clean break, and it seemed to work for them going from Muhney to Hartley and from Michelle "please take her back" Stafford to Gina Tognoni.

• Love 8

#PleaseTakeThemAll

lol. Emme can stay, although I will admit I still wouldn't mind them digging out Jessica Dunphy or Stephanie Gatschett for the part. Billeh can stay too if he stops gritting his teeth and cuts his hair.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Because they wouldn't give him what he wanted, obviously. They weren't going to give him his own story, he was never going to be a lead, etc. Frank, to be real, has nothing to be pissed about. He's the one who didn't care about Patrick as a character.

I don't even necessarily believe JT would have scoffed at being a supporting player versus a lead, as long as he could ACT and had a bonafide story with POV for HIS character. The last time he had that was...Scrubs, which is why he seemingly still thinks so fondly of that pairing (of course, his friendship with KMc is another factor).

But think of it, when your peak as a character is when you first came on, that is a sad statement about this show.

• Love 8

The later, I believe.  I wanna say David Tom was the first non-kid Billy.

I wonder who Frank will try and poach from Y&R to play Patrick or, better yet, a new mobster character.

De-Lurking to say that David Tom actually played teen Billy and young adult Billy. There were a couple of actors after him, but Billy Miller was the one that took on Billy as a man.

I'm happy for JT, but I will be shocked if he's in this role for more than a year. He's a descent actor, but unlike Justin Hartley who I could see as Adam Newman as soon as he was cast, I just don't see the same with JT.

• Love 3

De-Lurking to say that David Tom actually played teen Billy and young adult Billy. There were a couple of actors after him, but Billy Miller was the one that took on Billy as a man.

I know he did, but it was still trying to get back to the previous physical type. Which is fine, it made sense and I'm surprised it didn't work out, but since they went to that well twice I think it makes sense they went with a good actor. Anyway, I know it's a long shot but I hope it works out for him.

• Love 1

I know he did, but it was still trying to get back to the previous physical type. Which is fine, it made sense and I'm surprised it didn't work out, but since they went to that well twice I think it makes sense they went with a good actor. Anyway, I know it's a long shot but I hope it works out for him.

Yeah. David was excellent as young Billy Abbott, but from what I understand he was terrible when they brought him back a year or so ago. Hence his quick exit.

I agree though. I wish JT much success and hope his time in the role goes for as long as he'd like.

• Love 3

I think the character part works - early Patrick had some Billy qualities. JT is charming and personable and he's a huge upgrade from what they have now.

But a brunette Abbott will be odd

Yeah, that's gonna be weird. And the kids are like, super blonde.

• Love 1

I think the character part works - early Patrick had some Billy qualities. JT is charming and personable and he's a huge upgrade from what they have now.

But a brunette Abbott will be odd

Well, Jess Walton, who plays his mom, is a brunette, yes?

• Love 1

OMG, I love it so much. The Brydog getting media glare for his Burtonesque money schemes.

No this is another brydog getting sued. Brydog Craig is getting sued by Bryswindler for 20,000, and now Bryswindler is getting sued by this woman for a little more than 20,000. So maybe he's just trying to get the money back to pay for this law suit by suing Bryan Craig. Oy.

• Love 4

JT just read my meltdown in the spoiler thread, clearly.

@MyJasonThompson: A special shout out to the #Scrubs fans!! You kept the fire stoked for many years. I hope you enjoy the next month of story. @whitewatercrew

• Love 10

Serious question...is that true? I thought budget issues had forced every soap to stop multiple rehearsals/retakes at least a decade ago. Is Y&R's budget big enough to support that stuff?

I think they definitely have slightly more leeway/less episodes a day to tape than GH, which has nil rehearsal most of the time.

Mainly what Ulkis said.  I'm sure there are cut backs in preparation time at Y&R.  But it's Days and GH that are notoriously on a "Fast and Furious" schedule.  KMC mentioned that it's even more fast and condensed during her last visit. I'd imagine, in comparison,  Y&R's pace seems leisurely.

• Love 2

We've reached the point of diminishing returns with the shooting schedule, I think.

I'm glad we're getting longer scenes, though. Frank and Ron's chopping them up into 30-second snippets drove me crazy. It doesn't work for every single story. Some stories need time to be told, even when you're racing along with everything else.

• Love 2

I really can't think of anyone on Y&R that would even remotely fit on GH, especially as Patrick. And Burgess Jenkins left (purportedly) because his family is on the East Coast and he was tired of the long distance relationship stuff. Although really, I feel for JT having to act opposite the Mop. It will be interesting to see him go toe to toe with Braeden though...

• Love 2

I'm looking forward to seeing him in scenes with Jack & Ashley

Ehh with Chuck Pratt writing that show I wouldn't be too sure of that.

I've been watching Y&R. It's not brilliant but it's leagues better than GH and the material for Billy is better than anything JT has gotten for Patrick for years

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

I'm looking forward to seeing him in scenes with Jack & Ashley

I've been watching Y&R. It's not brilliant but it's leagues better than GH and the material for Billy is better than anything JT has gotten for Patrick for years

I agree, with the dark turn of drunk and revenge he's taking. JT's hitting gold with getting that character, while Billy Miller looks stupid for leaving. 

• Love 3

I think BH, FH, LW, JE and KeMo have decent stuff they can submit.  BH can submit the scenes where she decided to lie with Nik or Jake's death.  KeMo can maybe submit from the week before when she found out Jake was Jason like the day of the kiss.  BM has nothing though.  

FH has no shortage of scenes to submit.

RC on the other hand...smh.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/bb-and-gh-nab-wga-nominations

Da fuq? They must be smoking that good shit.

I'm sure it's for the anniversary show.

I have to admit, I wasn't terribly impressed by the dialogue. I thought Tim Spencer came off as a one-note, student writer knock off of Archie Bunker. He might as well have said, "I'm a damn racist and assume I've said a bunch of racist things in this sentence."

But there was at least a concept to the show, and that show was well above 90% of most of daytime drama episodes currently.  If only writers and producers used the production values on that show as a marker for what they should be accomplishing every day.

• Love 2

EW picked up the story about JT jumping ship. There will be shots fired from ABC.

Interestingly, the latest issue of SiD has an article in which they hold forth on who the recast Patrick should be. So I suspect the shots will come from that direction.

Also in SiD, BM has filmed a pilot and, if it is picked up by the network, will be leaving for prime time.

• Love 1

I really doubt they're recasting Patrick. And even if by chance they did someday, it won't be any time in the near future. They're clearly putting Robin, Patrick, etc, to rest after the years this show has dangled Robin in off-screen prison. They're not gonna have a story that will have fans questioning where they are or when they're coming back.

SID puts a lot of such stuff in their mags. There is usually no basis of fact to much of it, just spitballing. And I believe that old Patrick side used for a casting call was amended to British or Australian (still no idea what became of that casting as there has been zilch) and JT said Patrick was not being recast.

Not saying he NEVER will be, but frankly, his most useful period - with POV and all - was Scrubs. And his family is gone. And the popularity the character managed to maintain was because of JT, I think. So there is no reason to recast him except for his being a doctor.

But on General HOSPITAL, that is no longer a requirement. So I don't see that character recast for a while. If ever.

• Love 4

This seemed like the best thread to put this in, so...  

I was reading a book earlier today, and the main character is watching an episode of GH with a guy who's never seen it before.  This conversation ensues, making me think the author lurks here: 

"That's not this soap. This one revolves around the mob."

"It's called 'General Hospital'."

"Where do you think all those mob victims have to go?"

About a half an hour in, Eliot was still watching, but he seemed confused. "So, wait, that little greasy one is supposed to be the mob boss but he doesn't run drugs or prostitutes?" 

"Right."

"So how does he make money?" That's actually a really good question.

"They never really say."

"So he's a mob boss who got a super model to marry him?"

"Yes."

"But she left him and now he's dating a magazine editor?"

"Yes."

"A magazine editor that he used to date but dumped for a mob moll?"

"Yes."

"Talk about low self esteem."

"I know, right. That's why she developed multiple personalities."

"What's the deal with the other mob guy dating the stripper?" 

"That's Jason. Sam isn't a stripper, she's a P.I."

"Not in those shoes she's not."

"She's not a good P.I. She used to be a salvage operator." 

"This is stupid."

• Love 17

An article that praises the anniversary episode, but succinctly drags the show in general:

https://www.mediavillage.com/article/the-top-25-of-2015-no-23-the-52nd-anniversary-of-general-hospital/

Despite having one of the best casts and most talented production teams working in daytime it has once again become a largely unsatisfying saga about violent mobsters and the ladies who love them above all else (including decency, humanity and the law).
  • Love 13

I desperately want this to be true and for said pilot to get picked up.

So do I, if just to point and laugh at GH for putting all of its broken eggs in Jason's/Billy Miller's basket. Still, at the same time, it's enough to piss one that suffers through this show off, since this whole year-plus will be for squat, unless GH recasts the Holiest of Hitmen AGAIN and just ignores the change in physical features next time.

• Love 2

Was Pratt gone before Jason started at GH?

Does anyone from GH have anything they could submit for an Emmy this year? I can't think of anything even half decent

Bry-dog was like totes amazeballs alot, mmm'kay!

Interestingly, the latest issue of SiD has an article in which they hold forth on who the recast Patrick should be. So I suspect the shots will come from that direction.

Also in SiD, BM has filmed a pilot and, if it is picked up by the network, will be leaving for prime time.

I'm going to laugh like The Riddler when Billy leaves and Uncle Frank whips out a 'Jake was never really Jason' during-the-commercial-break-explanation. Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2