Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, ulkis said:

Fear not, where twitter fails, snapchat delivers. They were out partying on a boat, and apparently the cops or coast guard or something came, cause Bryan said in sing-song, "we got in trouble!" while filming another boat. Bryan also thoughtfully recorded himself and one of his buddies dancing in a circle around each other on said boat. Kelly and Bryan also seem to be nostalgic for Gangsta's Paradise too, because it's the second time I've heard it on their snapchats.

You just know those two high-five each other all the time boasting about how "badass" they are.  

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/2/2016 at 2:33 PM, HeatLifer said:

I think Billy Miller is asking for our help.

He's wearing angel wings, I am not sure he is THAT distressed if he is goofing around. ;)

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 3

That was a nice interview. He was good as Dr. Mayes. I'll miss him. It made me wish the hospital-related writing were better lately, because that's the kind of character who would make a nice long-running antagonist type.  

• Love 6

It really pays tribute to how good the show and the actors are that you get so many great guest stars coming through

LOL, "guest stars." If only.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

that's the kind of character who would make a nice long-running antagonist type.  

We already have Obrecht.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Francie said:

I love how complete the back story in his head is. Kudos! 

He is now an honorary member in the GH in My Head Club.

Well, someone had to give the guy a backstory and it sure as hell wasn't going to be the writers lol!

When I was a theatre major in college, we had an 'actor's breakdown' for every part we played, even if we were just performing a monologue in class. It was literally 'who am I? what's my motivation? Where do I come from?' and it had to be extremely detailed. He likely comes from the same school of thought regarding his craft.

• Love 3
(edited)

I haven't watched the show in years but I just finished reading an interview with Vanessa Marcil and laughing my ass off at how she insists in her mind Brenda never had a child. Apparently there was some kind of Twitter hula boolah about it a few months ago. Does anyone have a link? 

Never mind I found it. I loved the story someone on here told about MB deleting stuff on Twitter

After reading some of the crazy stories in this thread I am not missing much. I feel for you guys still having to put up with Michelle Stafford.

Edited by Amtosbm
checked back pages
  • Love 2

Does anyone know what is going on with Tyler Christopher? And what in the hell did WVD do for them to write this Julian & Julexis story like this? Twitter is a blaze with the shit that went down today.

• Love 1

Did a bomb hit PC and kill Sonny, Franco (look @OnceSane, I remembered him this time!), Finn, Kiki, Morgan, Julian, Nate, Nina, Claudette, Griffin, Dr. O, and Anna (Anna because she's better off dead than having this regime ruin her further) yet?

No? Oh well, another reason not to care about watching.

• Love 4
On 7/5/2016 at 9:05 PM, ulkis said:

Fear not, where twitter fails, snapchat delivers. They were out partying on a boat, and apparently the cops or coast guard or something came, cause Bryan said in sing-song, "we got in trouble!" while filming another boat. Bryan also thoughtfully recorded himself and one of his buddies dancing in a circle around each other on said boat. Kelly and Bryan also seem to be nostalgic for Gangsta's Paradise too, because it's the second time I've heard it on their snapchats.

It's no fun if it's not genuine Brydog.

The thought of Brydog on a boat pops this into my head...

• Love 7

OK d00d

William deVryVerified account ‏@WilliamdeVry1  17h17 hours ago

More Story to Tell. Thank you To All Who Have taken the Journey With us to Hell. Now the Climb Begins back From Hell. #GH Lives On. #Julexis

• Love 3

I think this whole thing with Julian is part of the problem with soaps today; hell, go back to Sonny becoming a full-time character! But all these awful things are done by characters now and...they get a pass. There are no consequences anymore, and there is nothing to root for, because no one will pay, anyway. So why bother watching if all that happens is whitewash after whitewash?

Sometimes, characters do exit, and this should be one of those times.

• Love 5
On 7/5/2016 at 3:38 PM, RedVelvetWaffles said:

Actors are a weird breed. I have had to unfollow every damn one of them on Twitter except for MW and replacement Nic because they all seem to have rather high opinions of themselves, then do that fake self-deprecation thing so their stans tell them how great they are.

I know in general there's alot of actors who think they are the best ever but you'd think the soap ones would be a little more humble. And out of all the soap casts I've noticed that sense of entitlement most from the GH whether it be newcomers letting a little praise go to their heads or those who have been in soaps for years. No you aren't different than everyone else your age simply because you're on TV. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, In2You said:

I know in general there's alot of actors who think they are the best ever but you'd think the soap ones would be a little more humble. And out of all the soap casts I've noticed that sense of entitlement most from the GH whether it be newcomers letting a little praise go to their heads or those who have been in soaps for years. No you aren't different than everyone else your age simply because you're on TV. 

I feel like that culture goes back to Gloria Monty, since the show was bigger than many shows in primetime back at its peak from 1979-1981, and she let her favorite actors (mainly the men) get away with more. And I guess that culture more or less has stayed alive there ever since. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I remember, way back around the turn of the millennium, reading on a popular soap discussion site this behind-the-scenes information about a successful and popular male actor who had come to the show--I'll leave him nameless, because I don't know how truthful the account was--and had gotten to have a discussion with the then-EP about which actress he wanted for his love interest. It was made to sound as though he were buying a horse. That actor did have some sort of love story with at least three actresses during his run. Two were much younger, by the way.  

Whether it was accurate or not, it was just inconceivable to me that any woman, no matter her soap fan-favorite status, would have her pick of the guys and they'd write story to her preference. Then or now.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1

I don't know it that's entirely accurate. I remember Jackie Zeman had a big say in Julian Stone's casting as Jerry Jax. I bet Susan Lucci had quite a bit of influence, and I wouldn't be surprised if Deirdre Hall had pull. Erika Slezak had a clause in her contract that stipulated all of her scenes would be the first shot of the day.

One reason TG was throwing his weight around was his dissatisfaction with being "just" a soap actor. What other male character had that sort mainstream popularity? Of course, it's really annoying that it happened because he was paired with Laura, and GF didn't receive parity.

• Love 3

OMG how sad and terrifying!

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/wagners-face-family-struggles/

On Twitter, Jack Wagner (ex-Frisco, GH et al) shared that his youngest son, Harrison, 21, with Kristina Wagner (Felicia, GH), is currently missing. “I’m going to ask those who want to share their fears, addictions & struggles to do so w me via Twitter. We can face them 2gether, I’ll start,” he wrote. “I fear for my youngest sons safety. Harrison has struggled w drugs & alcohol just as I did when I was younger. He’s relapsed & is MIA 5days.” Our thoughts go out to the Wagner family.

Whether it was accurate or not, it was just inconceivable to me that any woman, no matter her soap fan-favorite status, would have her pick of the guys and they'd write story to her preference. Then or now.

Actually, right about that same time period, after they had broken up Luke and Laura, they gave Genie Francis her pick between 3 co-stars as a love interest: 1) Roy DeLuca (played by A Martinez); 2) Kin Shriner; and 3) John York.  She chose Kin. I can't remember now where I heard or read that, but I do recall it seemed pretty reliable.

Oddly enough, A Martinez might fit your blind (I'm not prying, just recognizing that fact), though I quit watching right about then, and I don't remember with whom they wound up pairing him.

Genie, especially at the time, is one of the few I can ever imagine having that level of pull. Finola and Laura Wright might be able to kill certain pairings, but not dictate them.

(edited)

The choice story is new to me, not that I'm discounting it. The story I heard at the time was that Guza wanted Laura and Roy but Wendy Riche was pushing Roy and Bobbie, along with Sonny/Hannah, Jax/Chloe, etc and nixed it. They had set the story up with Roy rooming with Laura, IIRC. They had chemistry.

Re: Julian Stone, he was great as Jerry but supposedly the casting incensed Guza, who had (of course) wanted a darker, harder-edged character as opposed to Stone's charmer. Years later Guza got his way by remaking Jerry with Sebastian Roche.

Horrible about the Wagners. All my best wishes, even to Jack.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Which is weird because a bit of primetime actors aren't total dicks or hide it very well.  

My impression is that the vast majority of them know how to turn the charm on when they know a tv camera is on them.

I just saw a clip on Stephen Martines/Colton Scott when he first started on GH. Seemed nice enough guy, and he was still working as a manager at a restaurant while starting on GH. At the end of the interview, he talked about how he wanted a strong connection with his fans, because he wanted to carry them over to his film career. No "if I get a film career." Rather, a presumption that he'd have one.

I think the majority of actors are like that. They have big dreams. They all think they'll be Brad Pitt, and 'pass through' soaps quickly. Otherwise, they wouldn't have come to Hollywood from the four corners of the country.

• Love 1

Update on Jack Wagner's son:

"Harrisons been in touch, he’s 21 & in charge of his life, ty for the lv & prayers, please continue to share your struggles, it helps us all," Wagner wrote on Twitter Monday.

• Love 3

How scary for the Wagners! That must be just devastating. Side note, teenaged me still ships them in RL. 

Back to the high opinion some soap actors have of themselves. It cracks me up when they refer to themselves as soap "star."  I have never heard  anyone like Meryl Streep, Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington ever refer to themselves as a "movie star." No. They call themselves actors. 

SID is now reporting that Chloe Lanier (the actress who played young Patricia in the anniversary episodes) is coming on in a new, as-yet-undisclosed contract role.  I thought she was terrific in her earlier appearances and she would make a fine addition, but seriously, how the hell is Frank affording all these people?

• Love 6

I didn't watch the anniversary show so I have never saw her work but I have heard she is really good. My only issue is that this show doesn't need anymore newbies that aren't legacy characters that need to be filled. Like why can't she be Serena? Since Carly 9/10 isn't going too come back to daytime. We have not seen her in decades. She can't be Christina she too old for her. And who is she for? She is in Michael's range & there is 2 guys & 3 girls.

Both are already paired unless they are planning to get rid of Sabrina so she can be for Micheal who I prefer then her paired with the God awfulness that is Morgan. 

(edited)

I don't mind her as a brand new character, especially if they pair her with Michael. At least she is MT discovery and not some "get". At first I was thinking she should be Paul's daughter with Jenny, but I guess that would make her ineligible to date Michael...though it would explain the family resemblance.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2
(edited)

Given how secretive SID says they're being about her character, it's possible "Nelle" is code for someone else.  And not for nothing, Lucy is returning next week... 

I just hope CL's character is not the

someone from Sabrina's past that's been mentioned in the summer spoilers because...no.

As for a pairing, I wouldn't mind her being tested with Dillon if Kiki's gonna be with Morgan for a while.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I was pretty busy yesterday, but I am really happy about the Chloe Lanier news. Hopefully, she'll get somewhat decent writing, but with this crew I wouldn't hold my breath. Nice that she was so impressive that they took advice in bringing her back. And I definitely will support her being paired with Dillon until Kiki comes to her senses.

• Love 4

I'm cautiously happy to see she's coming back.  But, well, GH has made it their mission to be the "careful what you wish for" show.  I fully expect this to be a situation where it's "here's the actress you all said was so good.  Enjoy the completely shitty character we have her playing!"  

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm cautiously happy to see she's coming back.  But, well, GH has made it their mission to be the "careful what you wish for" show.  I fully expect this to be a situation where it's "here's the actress you all said was so good.  Enjoy the completely shitty character we have her playing!"  

The two "core characters" she is connected to will probably be Franco and Heather, with my luck.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

This is why I can't be too happy she's coming. The show will totally waste her by giving her a dud character stuck in a dud story.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Not even that, but I have a feeling that they had more rehearsal time than usual with the anniversary show. Who knows how the actress will fare when tossed into the usual GH grind. 

• Love 2