Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: The Show

I should probably feel bad about Jack, but I feel like we didn't know him enough for it to make an impact.

I didn't really like the format of this episode. The singing wasn't bad, but it's just not the show I wanted to watch. And showing important developments in flashbacks didn't work for me. It would have been more powerful to see see them play out more naturally.

I  am not looking forward to the Brallie drama next week.

• Love 2

Geez, what a heavy-handed episode. The parallel between Romeo/Juliet and Brandon/Callie was already very apparent but they decided to emphasize meaningful lyrics with shared looks and include fantasy and flashback scenes (with more meaningful lyrics and shared looks). Dude, we get it, OK?

Cortney is incredible. "You said you weren't his dad, like it was an accusation!" You are dating a 17 year old. Who you got animal crackers for as a good luck gift? I can't.

And did I catch Brandon and Cortney in bed together, in next week's promo? Stef and Lena (who should have nipped this in the bud, especially considering what happened with Dani), made that one request, that he not have sex with her until he's 18. Please tell me we're going somewhere with this.

I usually skip over the music stuff but I enjoyed most of this, particularly the "Unbreakable" song. I never realized what beautiful voices they have. It was very Disney Channel but hey, I own a few tunes from them (what? They're catchy!).

Thankfully there were a few surprises in this episode... Jack not being gay, and also being killed off, were two big ones. I totally thought they introduced him to take Connor's place. (That screaming scene was very uncomfortable to watch, haha.) Unfortunately, he wasn't around long enough to really miss him but I hope we see Stef breaking down over how it could have been Jude, had they not gone back to get him (not because I want to see Stef sad but because I want to see Teri Polo rock it). Also, can that foster home be put on a blacklist already?!

Another surprise was Old Nick being the one who found Mat's note, not Mat's snarky girlfriend. Oh, and Mike/Ana? Come on! Why'd they have to go there? And right after she relapsed, which is the perfect time to begin a relationship.

Also from the promo for next week,

super excited to see Taylor again. Not sure if I like them making her and Jude romantic (I like the friendship) but I'm interested in seeing where they're going with this. Teenage discovery and experimentation? A reaction to the death of a guy he thought he might date one day?

• Love 1

I hated the choppy format. Cutting back and forth between the musical and the flashbacks kept both from gaining any momentum.

Poor Jack. That kid had a really shit life.

Why is Brallie still going on? The melodrama of Brandon being like, "tell me why we can't! tell me why!" and intercutting that storyline with the Romeo & Juliet rock opera was ridiculous.

Oh, and Mike/Ana? Come on! Why'd they have to go there? And right after she relapsed, which is the perfect time to begin a relationship.

Back when Ana was living with Mike, he actually seemed like he might have been falling for her (and he definitely enjoyed helping her), and SHE was the one who put a kibosh on things. So it doesn't actually surprise me that she'd rebound to him, now that she's feeling extremely vulnerable.

To be honest, I think they make a relatively good couple. I mean, within the context that both Mike and Ana have TERRIBLE taste in SOs. At least Ana is better than Dani and Mike is better than Gabe, lol.

• Love 2

Teri Polo has some acting chops, that last scene, wow.  And those kids can sing, if those are all their voices (I don't know, are they?).  But I don't like musicals as a general rule, and this was no different, I squirmed through 90% of this.  Jude has had enough piling on now, I think in reality he would be acting out in some way soon.

• Love 3

Okay, I know for other shows, I have been guilty of shipping the will they/won't they couple, but I'm sorry. Brandon and Callie are fucking insufferable. Shit or get off the pot already.

If Callie wanted Brandon so much, then why didn't she just move in with Robert? She could have had her cake and eaten it too. Especially since with the narrative they are telling here, it'll probably end with Callie marrying Brandon. So, legally, she would be part of their family. But this nonstop bullshit is too much. 

Nick is sending out scary vibes. Tone it down, dude. 

Poor Jack. 

• Love 6

I kept having flashbacks to "Smash."

Can we please - PLEASE - put an end to this mess with Brandon and Callie? It doesn't matter how much Romeo and Juliet sauce you pour over them, they are beyond annoying.

• Love 4

First off, where the hell was Jesus? lol .. No mention of him at all, just non-existent (as he usually is to me anyway).. I'm sorry but this actor is only slightly better than the last one but I thought the other was better looking so it kinda balances each other out.

I have to admit to being a brallie shipper mostly because I do feel the chemistry between them and I love the way Brandon looks at Callie.And at the same time , people keep saying that they are being dumb about things and act so young, but I mean- They are 17. Who isn't dumb and immature at that age? At the same time though, its a little unrealistic that both of them can't move on from this when they never really were in a real relationship with each other. Every scene between them is pretty much awkward because of their tension but its not like they ever actually dated and they just can't seem to move on from each other. After all this time, you would think at least one of them would be able to move on especially because they are siblings now lol. I think the writers should put them in some fun scenes together to at least  show that they have a relationship other than an awkward one.

I feel like this show is dangerously close to running off the rails and the ratings decline is proof that viewers fled when Brandon and Callie had sex. They never should've gone with this Braille story because it's skeevy and wrong. Also, I still can't figure out the timeline of the show. I also wish the moms had more screen time because that's why many of us tuned in, to see a healthy, functioning lesbian couple and their kids.

• Love 6

Timeline...we started the series with Marianna's quinceanera (15th birthday party) and the twins just turned 16, so this entire series seems to have happened over the course of one year.

• Love 1

Can we address Brandon's ridiculous makeup during the play?? I felt like I was watching Billie Joe Armstrong in a Green Day video circa 2002! While I love Green Day, this look was just insanely weird and ramped up the creepy factor of his eyes to about a 12. I couldn't stop staring at it wondering if it was on purpose or if the makeup department just hates the actor/character? It took me out of the show frequently so I was curious if it was just me that it bugged.

• Love 7

The timeline is odd. How could all of this happened within a year? I remember at the beginning of the 3rd season when the moms said Callie was introduced to them 6 months ago.. I was like what the hell? Feels like it should've been about 3 years if not more lol.

I don't think the Brandon and Callie situation is gross. They met at the age of 16 and are not blood related and started their relationship from pretty much the moment they met. If it were Marianna that he fell for suddenly , it would be really weird because they are actual siblings and have been since the age of 5.

• Love 3

I also thought it was strange and annoying that they didn't tell us what happened with Gabe's arrest.

And I also didn't notice that Jesus wasn't in the episode. I'm used to Jude disappearing, and I tell myself it's because there are limits on how much a kid the age of the actor can be on set. But they never sidelined Jesus before-- though honestly, it didn't stretch credulity to imagine him in the crowd somewhere. It's just weird that he wasn't shown watching the play like the rest of the family. Maybe it's good, though, because it means hey are keeping him away from romantic drama even as a bystander.

I couldn't see what any of the texts were that Jude and the mamas were sending/receiving, and I tried to pause the show and look closely. Can anyone tell me?

I actually really liked the episode, except for the Brandon-Callie BS. I don't understand why they keep going to this well. Brandon himself said that Romeo and Juliet were stupid, impulsive teenagers and should not be idealized. Remember that? So is the show trying to make itself into a tragic, cautionary tale? In a way, if they actually did that, I would respect them and might even think it was a very useful thing to expose teenagers to. If Callie and Brandon "tell the moms" or Courtney does, and then all their lives are ruined, and the show really drives home what a bunch of morons they all are, it would be kind of cool in a way. But it would also destroy a show I was liking for lots of other reasons, and I am not convinced they can actually pull off this message in a way that will actually enlighten any stupid, impulsive teens, instead of just giving them something stupid to wallow in even more. So I wish they'd cut it out.

Courtney is an idiot. Introducing your boyfriend to your kid and moreover expecting that person to instantly be the kid's dad is INSANE. It's not even just because said boyfriend is underage. It's because you have only been dating a very short time, and it's way too soon to be that serious, and it's super-confusing to the kid. I bet the actual dad, who in this case is very much in the picture, would also find it annoying if boyfriend did NOT correct any assumption about bf=dad, as well. I actually think Brandon probably did the right thing by correcting whoever thought he was the dad, because HE IS NOT THE DAD; he's not the step-dad, either. He's mom's friend. A new friend, moreover.

The death of Jack was really upsetting to me. It is a credit to Teri Polo because it was also one of the more heavy handed and unearned tragedies they've fed us. I know the foster system is a scandalous mess, but placing Jack in a home with that kind of record, and Stef not realizing it was happening, is something I need explained. Jack was staying with the Adams-Fosters; wouldn't anyone there know where he was going? Did Justina engineer this as revenge for Callie challenging her? Either way, I loved the Jack character, because he was an exception to the "articulate, easy, only marginally damaged" foster kid the show usually gives us. He was lovable as hell but not the kind of kid who just needs a home and not other kinds of help to recover from what he's been through.

Hey! AJ wasn't in the episode either. Just realized that.

I don't really understand the Jude-Connor break up. I mean, sure-- long distance could break them up. But it seemed like Jude wanted to visit until the sext. Once they cleared up that he wasn't going to be pressured to have sex during the visit, and if he really misses Connor, the break up seemed strange. "You don't feel like my friend" makes it seem like the sext felt like such a huge violation that he couldn't get over it, but then you'd think he wouldn't have liked the kiss from Jack or been so convinced by it to get over Connor after it, either. I don't really get it. Maybe I'm just not a teenaged boy, but this storyline seems out of character for Jude. He seems really angry this season. Basically, ever since Connor left, he's been sullen and closed. I could buy that as a reaction to perceived "abandonment" by Connor moving away, but they aren't really addressing it in a way that works. He seemed to really get why Connor had to go, and to have moved from sad to angry without filling in the process just isn't working for me.

Re Brandon's make up: I think stage makeup is always very exaggerated, so you can see it from a distance far out in the audience.

I think Nick has always come across as a kind of violent wildcard. When he was acting somewhat sane and temperate for a couple of episodes, I thought it was a retcon. But maybe it was just a ticking time bomb.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 5

Timeline...we started the series with Marianna's quinceanera (15th birthday party) and the twins just turned 16, so this entire series seems to have happened over the course of one year.

I'm talking about when the kids birthday's are and how they fit into the timeline in relation to the fact that Stef and Lena were able to legally wed. They made it seem like it was due to the second SCOTUS marriage equality case not the Prop 8 case. I think we are in Oct, 2014 but I could be wrong.

Hey! AJ wasn't in the episode either. Just realized that.

Good for AJ.  He dumped Callie (last episode?) when he saw that Brallie was not dead, and he told her to pound sand because he didn't want anything to do with her while she was still having feelings for Brandon/issues in resolving her relationship with Brandon.

He did what Brandon's gf did this episode - she walked away because she saw that Brallie was by no means dead.

Thus, paving the way for single Callie and single Brandon to....whatever.  I hate Brallie.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4

Geez, what a heavy-handed episode. The parallel between Romeo/Juliet and Brandon/Callie was already very apparent but they decided to emphasize meaningful lyrics with shared looks and include fantasy and flashback scenes (with more meaningful lyrics and shared looks). Dude, we get it, OK?

Cortney is incredible. "You said you weren't his dad, like it was an accusation!" You are dating a 17 year old. Who you got animal crackers for as a good luck gift? I can't.

And did I catch Brandon and Cortney in bed together, in next week's promo? Stef and Lena (who should have nipped this in the bud, especially considering what happened with Dani), made that one request, that he not have sex with her until he's 18. Please tell me we're going somewhere with this.

OMG, all of the longing/jealous looks drove me crazy. Ugh.

Brandon's 18th birthday is part of the season finale. They've screwed up this timeline so badly. lol

And I also didn't notice that Jesus wasn't in the episode. I'm used to Jude disappearing, and I tell myself it's because there are limits on how much a kid the age of the actor can be on set. But they never sidelined Jesus before-- though honestly, it didn't stretch credulity to imagine him in the crowd somewhere. It's just weird that he wasn't shown watching the play like the rest of the family. Maybe it's good, though, because it means hey are keeping him away from romantic drama even as a bystander.

I couldn't see what any of the texts were that Jude and the mamas were sending/receiving, and I tried to pause the show and look closely. Can anyone tell me?

One of the showrunners said on Twitter that Jesus was running the lights.

Here are their texts: http://hyadamsfoster.tumblr.com/post/141467544098/stef-and-lena-texting

I'm talking about when the kids birthday's are and how they fit into the timeline in relation to the fact that Stef and Lena were able to legally wed. They made it seem like it was due to the second SCOTUS marriage equality case not the Prop 8 case. I think we are in Oct, 2014 but I could be wrong.

October 2014 sounds about right. That's about where I ended up when I tried to figure out the true timeline:

If you disregard them changing the twins' birthday, it's been 16-17 months since the pilot in show time. Brandon said it'd only been two months in 01x12. They did say in 02x04 with meeting Robert that Callie and Jude had been with the Fosters for about six months, but that doesn't work if we go by my thought process. The pilot was around April 2013, the twins' birthday was shown to be May 17 in 01x09 (the party in 01x04), Jude's is November 17 in 01x16, the adoption, 01x21, took place in early December (02x11 was the Christmas flashback and Jude was newly-adopted), all of 2B took place in the spring. 3A picked up a few weeks after the 2B finale/the accident, Callie's birthday is July 11 which was 03x06.

By my guesstimation, it's September/early October in the show (03x11 was not long after 10 and it was the start of the school year, Stef said her surgery would be scheduled for "next week" in 03x14 and she was 10 days post-surgery in the next episode). So, that's about a three-week time jump between 14 and 15.

Other than the Stef scenes, I hated this episode. I did not care about the play at all. All of the Brallie, gag me.

Just Say No to Mike/Ana! Usually, when you're in AA, they say no relationships until you're sober for a year. Really, the show's really going to go there? Ugh.

Next week might be the last straw for me. Brallie will never be over. I love Teri and Sherri and Stef and Lena, but, that's not enough.

• Love 3

I wish all shows had a timeline in their writers room that they had to stick to and refer back to so these problems don't crop up because them retconning the twins birthday makes this all screwed up. Also, if Brandon is turning 18 then he must have been one of the oldest kids in his kindergarten class while Callie must have been one of the youngest since she won't turn 18 until the summer between HS and college. I really hate this so much. We shouldn't have to work this hard to watch any show.

I've been tweeting Bradley and telling him that many viewers don't want Braille and they are risking losing viewers if they go down this storyline path and/or rescind Callie's adoption. I really hope they are listening because the Braille shippers can't keep this show afloat.

• Love 5

The most unbelievable part of the episode to me? That at the start when all the kids did their hands in "Unbreakable!" thing, no one started singing the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt theme song. Some kid in that play must have seen that show, and once you have heard that song, the word Unbreakable is forever associated with it. Forever.  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

I think shows tend to prefer less restricted timelines so they can do whatever they want. We're not supposed to stress it, otherwise, it gives you a headache. Because if you really do think about it, everyone in this family has been through a whole lot of crap for it to only be a year. But it could be worse I suppose. They could SORAS Jude to be like 20. Maybe season 5? Kidding. 

Edited by JaggedLilPill

With school-age kids there's always the problem of the school-year timelines.  It is a little ridiculous how Jude has gone from little kid to awkward preteen, already growing out of that and into a big guy -- and only slightly more than a year has gone by?  A little bit of the Walt problem on 'Lost'. 

• Love 1

Anyway, freaking Callie/Brandon. Will it ever just go away? They work pretty well as brother/sister, anything else is...weird. They call the same people Moms. Ewwww. 

Poor Jack. I could never get a real read on him, but I guess that was the point. He was messed up from his messed up life, and that made him act erratic, and then he got killed by the dark side of the system. The saddest part of it all was Stefs reaction. Best part of the episode, by far. 

Thank God R and J is done. It was really pretty impressive for higher schoolers, I guess, but also pretty high on the "I Want To Be Rent So Bad" scale. 

I actually missed Jesus. Good going, new Jesus. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1

I wish all shows had a timeline in their writers room that they had to stick to and refer back to so these problems don't crop up because them retconning the twins birthday makes this all screwed up. Also, if Brandon is turning 18 then he must have been one of the oldest kids in his kindergarten class while Callie must have been one of the youngest since she won't turn 18 until the summer between HS and college. I really hate this so much. We shouldn't have to work this hard to watch any show.

That part seems pretty realistic to me. In any grade you're going to have kids with birthdays spanning all the months in the year. When I was in school, the oldest kids in my grade turned 18 around November/December of their senior year and the youngest turned 18 November/December of their freshman year at college.

It's crazy ridiculous that everything on the show has been within one year though. You had Callie and Jude come to live with the Fosters, Steph get shot, Mariana track down Ana, Lena/Steph get married, Callie run away and have to live in Girls United, Judd get adopted, Robert come into the picture, Sophia try to kill herself, Robert and his wife split up, Ana have a baby, Jesus go away to school, Mike take in AJ, Callie get adopted, Jesus come back and track down Gabe, AJ's brother get arrested, and Steph get cancer.  That's more than has happened to my family in my entire life.

And that doesn't even take into account all the teen romances.

• Love 4

That part seems pretty realistic to me. In any grade you're going to have kids with birthdays spanning all the months in the year. When I was in school, the oldest kids in my grade turned 18 around November/December of their senior year and the youngest turned 18 November/December of their freshman year at college.

It's crazy ridiculous that everything on the show has been within one year though. You had Callie and Jude come to live with the Fosters, Steph get shot, Mariana track down Ana, Lena/Steph get married, Callie run away and have to live in Girls United, Judd get adopted, Robert come into the picture, Sophia try to kill herself, Robert and his wife split up, Ana have a baby, Jesus go away to school, Mike take in AJ, Callie get adopted, Jesus come back and track down Gabe, AJ's brother get arrested, and Steph get cancer.  That's more than has happened to my family in my entire life.

And that doesn't even take into account all the teen romances.

How about add in Lena's pregnancy even though she lost the baby. How is all of this possible in a year's time?

• Love 1

Glad I watched this on my dvr so I could fast forward through the insufferable musical parts. Ugh, why so self-important, show?

I can't stick around if this show just continues to be a vehicle to promote incest . . . ugh, no thank you.

One of my sisters was adopted into my family when we were both in high school and the thought of some sort of romantic or sexual interaction with her is beyond horrifying (even if we get past the whole part where she's straight). This storyline has been squicking me out so much and I just can't take much more of it.

I can't stick around if this show just continues to be a vehicle to promote incest . . . ugh, no thank you.

One of my sisters was adopted into my family when we were both in high school and the thought of some sort of romantic or sexual interaction with her is beyond horrifying (even if we get past the whole part where she's straight). This storyline has been squicking me out so much and I just can't take much more of it.

It's not incest. At - All.

I don't understand the hate for these two characters. They met at 16. They were attracted to one another off the bat. It happens. Nothing wrong with the situation besides being adopted and all that. Like someone above me said, it would be incest-ish and weird if it were Brandon and Mariana. But Brandon and Callie? Understandable.

Edited by KoBnR
  • Love 4

It's not incest. At - All.

I don't understand the hate for these two characters. They met at 16. They were attracted to one another off the bat. It happens. Nothing wrong with the situation besides being adopted and all that. Like someone above me said, it would be incest-ish and weird if it were Brandon and Mariana. But Brandon and Callie? Understandable.

No matter what age they met it sends a bad message to have them hook up when Callie was brought to the house as a potential foster kid to Stef and Lena.

• Love 1

Can we address Brandon's ridiculous makeup during the play??

THANK YOU.  So much guyliner, on him AND on Mat!

However, THIS DAMN SHOW.  I hate R&J, and have since I was in high school myself (lo these many years ago) and even when I saw it as some post-modern crazy version of it a couple of years ago... and yet... this version was kind of compelling? 

I may be biased because I watched the last couple of episodes back to back (I was out of town) and thus: the whole damn thing was heightened and CRAZY... but, after the R&J episode, with all the flashbacks and longing looks and cuts to Stef at the erstwhile Jude and Callie house... I'm not really sure what the hell is happening with anyone.  Which is kind of great, actually.  I thought the whole thing was bonkers and left me wondering what the hell had happened and what would happen next (note: my DVR consistently cuts off the previews, so I have no real idea what happens).  

I'm no fan of Braille, but I'm looking forward to the next episode.  That's all I really want out of tv these days, and this delivered.

• Love 2

Brallie is the 100 pound gorilla which is eating this show. If they start to go down the path of rescinding the adoption, I'm done. That is not the show I'm interested in watching. I wonder if the network is pushing it?

Also how did the foster dad get a license to continue fostering after the pilot when he was arrested for pulling a gun on children?

Edited by LisaM
  • Love 2

Brallie is the 100 pound gorilla which is eating this show. If they start to go down the path of rescinding the adoption, I'm done. That is not the show I'm interested in watching. I wonder if the network is pushing it?

Also how did the foster dad get a license to continue fostering after the pilot when he was arrested for pulling a gun on children?

I just tweeted this to Bradley, Peter and Joanna- FYI you will lose many, many viewers if you go down the Braille path so please don't

Also, as to your second thing I have no idea but maybe they are going to show how screwed up the system is with this situation and tie it into the Justina story.

Edited by maraleia

Everyone is being so dumb on this show, I don't know where to turn for something to root for. This show has gone so far off the rails. All the angst for things that don't matter, while glossing over the things that do. No more stupid 16 year old romances. No more idiot parents who are addicts feeding their own desires, or portrayed as too cluless to see things before it's too late. 

The idea that Brandon wrote this musical thing in a couple of months is crap. I saw the shout out to Rent, but look how long that one took to make. Brandon is such an easily distracted little putz- no way he had the focus for this. I see you proving you can rival Glee, show. Enough.

Time to go back and enjoy season 1, when the show knew what the heck it was trying to be.

• Love 3

I assume that, in keeping with the ongoing storyline, he had his license taken away by the good and noble state run system, but that the money hungry private system only saw dollar signs and happily gave him a license because they are accountable to no one and don't care about the kids, only money!

• Love 3

Yeah, I was figuring that Jack's death in what *must* be a private home would be the final nail in the coffin of Callie's support of The Foster Care Reform Bill and possibly her whole relationship with Justina will come crumbling down.

Also, if Brandon is turning 18 then he must have been one of the oldest kids in his kindergarten class

Probably got held back a few times. Seriously, the guy creeps me out big time.

• Love 2

Talking about broken storylines. What ever happened to Monty and "the kiss"? Is Monty still the principal? Too many stories to keep track of. I was so confused that I wasn't sure who had died. I thought Jack had already moved to a foster home not a domestic violence call house. Part of the problem was that Stefan told the other officers that she had to arrest the guy "last year". I was still trying to figure out which story was that arrest when they showed the "body". Timeline prob again. All the kids have gained and lost years over the seasons. It seems to me that Brandon should have already graduated. In the beginning he was a year ahead of Callie. Now they're both doing senior projects. All this hurts my mind mostly because they must assume viewers are stupid. Of course these "kids" are all in their twenties except Jude.

Talking about broken storylines. What ever happened to Monty and "the kiss"? Is Monty still the principal? Too many stories to keep track of. I was so confused that I wasn't sure who had died. I thought Jack had already moved to a foster home not a domestic violence call house. Part of the problem was that Stefan told the other officers that she had to arrest the guy "last year". I was still trying to figure out which story was that arrest when they showed the "body". Timeline prob again. All the kids have gained and lost years over the seasons. It seems to me that Brandon should have already graduated. In the beginning he was a year ahead of Callie. Now they're both doing senior projects. All this hurts my mind mostly because they must assume viewers are stupid. Of course these "kids" are all in their twenties except Jude.

In the beginning, I thought Jude was in 7th grade (he is still 13), Jesus and Mariana were freshmen (because they just turned 15), Callie was a sophomore, and Brandon was a junior. That was my initial impression. But, then they showed Brandon and Callie in the same math class. Whatever.

Brandon told Stef he was "17, almost" in 02x12. So, they magically aged Brandon a year within a season when all three seasons are supposed to have taken place within a year. lol

They've also retconned when Jesus and Mariana were adopted. I guess it's forgivable since the series was just starting and they didn't know what they were doing. In the pilot, Lena said, they began to foster them eight years previously (2005, they would've been about 7) and adopted them three years later (2008, since Season 1 was 2013). Then, Lena said in 01x08 that they fost-adopted them when they were five, but that doesn't work. Their birthday was shown to be May 17, 1998 and adopted on July 1, 2008 in 01x09, which matched with the timing of the quinceañera and what Lena said in the pilot. 

Then, Brandon tells Cortney that they were adopted when he was 6 or 7. Wrong. Brandon would have been about 11. 

I'm just anal about details. lol

Bianca Santos (Lexi) is the oldest of the "kids," 25. 

• Love 1

Comcast has the musical by itself as an extra on demand. It works better that way-although the Shakespeare dialogue does not fit the music style at all.

I did find seeing Mat's actor in the Romeo role humorous, because here he is singing a role that he fought to get to dance on Dance Academy. The guy can't get away from doing the same role his senior year-even by changing countries and continents!

• Love 1

I assume that, in keeping with the ongoing storyline, he had his license taken away by the good and noble state run system, but that the money hungry private system only saw dollar signs and happily gave him a license because they are accountable to no one and don't care about the kids, only money!

I'm assuming that this foster dad - and Jack's death - tie into the Justina storyline but it is really heavy handed to use a foster dad who had been arrested for pulling a gun on the kids. Even the private foster care system would likely not give him a license.

In the pilot, wasn't the foster home that Jude was in located far from San Diego - outside of Stef's original jurisdiction? If so, why was she called to the house now?

I'm assuming that this foster dad - and Jack's death - tie into the Justina storyline but it is really heavy handed to use a foster dad who had been arrested for pulling a gun on the kids. Even the private foster care system would likely not give him a license.

In the pilot, wasn't the foster home that Jude was in located far from San Diego - outside of Stef's original jurisdiction? If so, why was she called to the house now?

It was my impression this was not Jude's foster home, but that girl from Girls United who lived in that home.  I think she ended up running away and hasn't been seen since.

Edited by izabella

It was my impression this was not Jude's foster home, but that girl from Girls United who lived in that home.  I think she ended up running away and hasn't been seen since.

No, this was Callie's and Jude's old foster home. 

Kiara ran away in 02x13 and came back in 18. Rita got her back in GU and she was seen again in  03x06, 08, and 09.

• Love 1