Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: I Like Them All, I Just Can't Choose!

• Start Topic

I use my Mom's recipe for meatloaf. We're from Alabama so Southern cooks. Ground beef, onion, green pepper, egg, ketchup,  Worcestershire sauce bread or cracker crumbs and two tablespoons milk to soak crumbs in. Soak for 10 or so minutes til soft then mix in. Agree about not overworking it. Form into loaf and chill for 20 minutes then bake. Use whatever amounts of meat and vegs you like. I make 2 lbs, 1 onion and pepper each. I'm not  picky about cooking...for me recipes are suggestions. But the difference is soaking crumbs and chilling.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

True confessions:  I find it sad to have reached this age in my life and I don't have a favorite meatloaf recipe.  Isn't that kind of pathetic?  Everyone makes meatloaf and I do love it, but I swear anytime I do make it (which is rarely) I always have to look for a recipe.  I have no cooking instincts whatsoever.

Edited by Fishy
1 hour ago, Fishy said:

True confessions:  I find it sad to have reached this age in my life and I don't have a favorite meatloaf recipe.  Isn't that kind of pathetic?  Everyone makes meatloaf and I do love it, but I swear anytime I do make it (which is rarely) I always have to look for a recipe.  I have no cooking instincts whatsoever.

I didn't settle on mine for probably 10 or 15 years after getting married, with lots of trial and error.  Meatloaf is not a meal I would have made as a single, though I like it.  Hubs and I have decided that we prefer brown gravy over a ketchup recipe. I've never mixed the two, though I bet you could.  One of my little signature add-ins is a small can of creamed corn, both for moisture and veggie content.  We're not fans of peppers here.

(edited)

I don't remember who it was, or if it was this thread vs. SC, but someone said they purchased a Sleep Number bed early this year, and I just wondered if it was a split king like we bought.  We've changed the bed 4 times now, and it's damn near killing me, lol.  The twin mattress sections are actually screwed to the frame from underneath, so there is only a small bit around the perimeter (maybe 4-5") to tuck under the fitted sheet.  I have to bend/lean over the one side to try and place the other side's sheets down the center.  It's awkward as hell, and exhausting frankly.  Just wondered if she had any tips.  We did the split king because hubs needs to sleep more elevated than I, due to his lung surgery.  I'm beginning to wish we had just bought a standard king.  If anyone has advice, I'm a sponge.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
Spelling matters

SuprSuprElevated, I have to admit that I'm curious about your name on here but anyway, we ordered a sleep number bed which will be delivered next Thursday. We didn't order the split king for a variety of reasons but are anxious to get our new bed. I do think it's kind of silly to expect one mattress to be comfortable for someone who weighs 120 lbs and someone who weighs 185 lbs. We have slept on the same mattress all of our married life (46 years) and every one we've bought has been comfortable for a few years and then started hurting our backs. We're really hoping this one is the one to accommodate both of us! I know it will take a while to figure out our exact numbers to sleep right. I also know that I'll be much more patient than the hubs will be-ha. Wish us luck, please. 

7 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

don't have to worry about being verbally crucified

interesting choice of words..... ;-)

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I didn't settle on mine for probably 10 or 15 years after getting married, with lots of trial and error.  Meatloaf is not a meal I would have made as a single, though I like it.  Hubs and I have decided that we prefer brown gravy over a ketchup recipe. I've never mixed the two, though I bet you could.  One of my little signature add-ins is a small can of creamed corn, both for moisture and veggie content.  We're not fans of peppers here.

Exactly!  anytime I do make it I always wind up freezing half or more than half.  I do prefer brown gravy rather than the ketchup.

(edited)
29 minutes ago, hummingbird said:

Ever try the 3 meat mix u Can buy usually beef pork and veal makes a better loaf

i use some breadcrumbs egg I think Italian seasoning 

ketcchup and bacon on top while it cooks 

don't make it much any more 

Traders has individual packs of guacamole that is just enough for one person it's not like homemade with all the stuff I add, but when u want some it's there in the fridge.  It's six portions?

I buy Wholly Guacamole minis (4 to a box) specifically for the reason you mention - it's readily available, but I do prefer to make my own because I have a serious sensitivity to spicy anything and the pre-made ones or store made usually kill me.   Making it myself I can put what I know I can eat in it.

Edited by Fishy
15 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

SuprSuprElevated, I have to admit that I'm curious about your name on here but anyway, we ordered a sleep number bed which will be delivered next Thursday. We didn't order the split king for a variety of reasons but are anxious to get our new bed. I do think it's kind of silly to expect one mattress to be comfortable for someone who weighs 120 lbs and someone who weighs 185 lbs. We have slept on the same mattress all of our married life (46 years) and every one we've bought has been comfortable for a few years and then started hurting our backs. We're really hoping this one is the one to accommodate both of us! I know it will take a while to figure out our exact numbers to sleep right. I also know that I'll be much more patient than the hubs will be-ha. Wish us luck, please. 

I do wish you luck!  As to the name - I may change it, but when I first discovered this site, it was as a result of a search regarding a QVC host.  I then discovered the Shopping Channel Shows forum, and the name is meant to mock a particular 'designer' who describes everything as 'super super this' and 'super super that'.  The Elevated part is also a word which is over used by the hosts on a particular channel.  

As to the bed.  I will admit that it wasn't the automatic homerun that we thought it would be, there is definitely (for us anyway) an adjustment period.  Some of our break-in stuff has to do with the split king aspect, so you won't experience that.  The installer told us that we shouldn't sit on the edge of the bed, because it's only a piece of foam that surrounds the air chamber, and it will break down prematurely if we do that. (My hubs and I are larger people, so I'm not sure if everyone gets this same directive).  Because we have only one remote (of course the hubs got that), my side is operated via the Sleep Number App.  For the most part, it's worked well, but there has been a couple of occasions that it wouldn't communicate with the bed and I had to go around and get his remote.  The remote and the app can operate either/both sides of the bed, just not simultaneously, at least on the model we bought.  Only one motor, so one side at a time for inflating as well as operating the head/foot function.  

Now for the good news.  My early morning wake-up backaches have all but disappeared!  Like you, hubs and I didn't have the same needs in a mattress, and I have been miserable for the past few years.  He now needs to elevate his head in order to sleep, so the Sleep Number seemed like a perfect solution.  It has definitely been a solution, though not perfect.  I seriously doubt that there is a perfect solution.  I can tell you that we are getting more used to it every night, and I understand why they have a 100 night trial period.  Just have an open mind.  Your experience might be completely different.  Good luck and let me know how it goes!

8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The Elevated part is also a word which is over used by the hosts on a particular channel.  

I know it's way overused on the Food Network. Every time someone says it I get stabby.

12 hours ago, Booney said:

I'll have to look for those smaller avocados at Trader Joe's. I love putting slices of avocado in sandwiches.

I made the potato salad for our cookout this afternoon. Looks like it may be a cook-in since it's rainy this morning here in the Philly area. Supposedly the rain will be mostly out of here this morning - I'm hoping! Anyway if any one likes to make potato salad, I do mine with a little extra ingredient that's really tasty. After you boil the potatoes and let them cool, cut them up, add some salt, pepper and diced onion, and then add some Italian dressing (I use Kraft Zesty Italian). For 4-5 lbs. of potatoes, I use 1/3 to 1/2 cup of the dressing. Then let it sit for a few hours in the fridge (I usually let it sit overnight). The Italian dressing absorbs into the potatoes and adds great flavor while keeping the potato salad moist. Then I add diced celery, chopped hard boiled eggs and mayo. Really yummy!

I make mine using roasted red potatoes and a balsamic/basil/mustard vinaigrette.

14 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Avocados are one of those foods that I like in certain states but not others -- eg., tomato soup good/tomato juice bad, raw carrots good/cooked carrots bad, guacamole super good/sliced avocado bad. I've started buying prepared guac in those vacuum sealed bags in the deli section. Schwan's delivery also has a really good fresh version. Whatever the manufacturers have done, the prepared versions don't really turn brown after you unseal them, so that might be another option for the mashed stuff.

Does anyone have a good meatloaf recipe? Mine always turns out tasty enough, but tough. When I order it in a restaurant it's always much tenderer. Is it a higher ratio of breadcrumbs? I've tried making mine with and without eggs, adding extra sauce to the mix, adding shredded zucchini, etc. Or maybe I'm just overbaking it, but the thought of undercooked meatloaf is yug.

Re lawn maintenance, I live in a retirement community where the houses are fairly close together and everybody hires it out. I get hit with the noise from those commercial mowers and leaf blowers five danged days a week, from neighbors to the left, right, two in the back, and my own. What are the odds that they all come on different days!? Yeesh. At least it's quick as they zip in, run over and break the sprinkler heads, and do nominal edging.

I've used this meatloaf recipe for almost 20 years! People really seem to like it. I used ground beef pork veal though. I also usually use a little less salsa. I just want the moisture from it but not too much of the flavor. The chopped spinach makes it look pretty. Even my picky son and ex hub like it!

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/turkey-spinach-meat-loaf

My grandmother was an advocate of putting 1/4 to 1/2 lb of pork sausage into a meatloaf, largely to offset thre leaner nature of ground beef these days.  Using 93/7 grd beef will result in a tough and chewey loaf without adding back in some fat.

1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

I found this and thought it was funny. A different way to look at Chicken Parmigiana.

Wow! I love this! Thanks for posting. That looks easy and was funny! Going to try that. For some reason I never make chicken parm.

I love seeing cooking videos like that on fb. Good for my short attention span.

22 hours ago, Fishy said:

I might be even sadder?  I have never had meatloaf in my life.  My mother never made it.

1 hour ago, SentimentalLady said:

I might be even sadder?  I have never had meatloaf in my life.  My mother never made it.

Aww! No meatloaf ever? Find a restaurant that serves it, and try some. Or check your local grocery store. Some stores have ready-to-cook meatloaf in the meat section. If you have a Publix grocery store in your area, their meatloaf is pretty good. You just put it in the oven for one hour at 350.

20 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Aww! No meatloaf ever? Find a restaurant that serves it, and try some. Or check your local grocery store. Some stores have ready-to-cook meatloaf in the meat section. If you have a Publix grocery store in your area, their meatloaf is pretty good. You just put it in the oven for one hour at 350.

I'm sure the Diners I have been in had it on the menu.  I don't eat anything that could have mystery ingredients.  Except for french fries, I have never eaten at a fast food restaurant.  Just my thing.

20 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I do wish you luck!  As to the name - I may change it, but when I first discovered this site, it was as a result of a search regarding a QVC host.  I then discovered the Shopping Channel Shows forum, and the name is meant to mock a particular 'designer' who describes everything as 'super super this' and 'super super that'.  The Elevated part is also a word which is over used by the hosts on a particular channel.  

How about the name "quite amazing ".  It would be better than "figure flattering."?  I figured that is where your name came from.

19 minutes ago, SentimentalLady said:

I get stabby when Pioneer Woman says "decadent" every time she puts milk in something.   Which is all the time.

I get stabby just watching the Pioneer Woman. This is probably an unpopular opinion - she has legions of fans - but her whole perfect life on the ranch just seems so phony to me. I liked her in the beginning, but she just seems to full of herself now. My opinion only, obviously. She's created an empire so a lot of people must think she's wonderful.

1 minute ago, Booney said:

I get stabby just watching the Pioneer Woman. This is probably an unpopular opinion - she has legions of fans - but her whole perfect life on the ranch just seems so phony to me. I liked her in the beginning, but she just seems to full of herself now. My opinion only, obviously. She's created an empire so a lot of people must think she's wonderful.

I completely agree.  Sometimes I catch the first season.  She is so much more real and doesn't have the horrible hair color.

5 minutes ago, Booney said:

I get stabby when she can't top adding unnecessary sugar to everything, and insisting that certain foods are for girls only. I stopped watching long ago.

I totes agree. Ree is too much honey for a dime for me. Watched a while but then was just , "oh shut up woman. You're married to a millionaire and are a millionaire yourself. You have no idea what most people face". In fact I don't watch food network at all. 

The older I get the less patience I have for bs.

3 minutes ago, kittygirl said:

I totes agree. Ree is too much honey for a dime for me. Watched a while but then was just , "oh shut up woman. You're married to a millionaire and are a millionaire yourself. You have no idea what most people face". In fact I don't watch food network at all. 

Absolutely true. From what I've read about her, she plotted and calculated her rise, from snaring her husband to getting her Food Network show. Under that sugary veneer, I suspect there's a real beyotch.

1 hour ago, SentimentalLady said:

I get stabby when Pioneer Woman says "decadent" every time she puts milk in something.   Which is all the time.

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I get stabby at the mere mention of "Pioneer Woman".  I clicked on her show for ONE hot minute and wanted to kill, kill, kill her.  In fact, if you are a PW devotee, we may just need to part ways now, before it gets all ugly.  :-D

SuprSuprElevated, thanks for the reply and advice for our new bed. Get this-we got an email today saying it would be delivered between 5:30-9:30 on Thursday night and would require a TWO HOUR setup. My husband sent them a message that if they couldn't be here by 6:00pm, then to reschedule for the next day during the day. If they couldn't do that, we will cancel the order. This bed is almost $5,000. What kind of customer service is that?!

1 hour ago, kittygirl said:

Preach! Also, the bar for what I consider to be BS keeps getting lower.  ;)

Thanks for the meatloaf tips! I'll see how it goes.

Etiquette/taste question: How far away from home am I allowed to roam wearing a housecoat?

State 1 (nightshirt and housecoat, no bra): Worn to take out the trash, pick up the newspaper, sweep the front lanai, drive over to the community mail station to pick up mail, walk across the street to my sister's house, etc.

State 2 (nightshirt and housecoat, with bra): Typically worn when people are coming to my house, including maintenance workers, delivery people, neighborhood friends, etc. I also put on my good housecoat.

Here's the sitch I'm unsure about. In State 1, I drove to an unnamed fast food restaurant to obtain a delicious breakfast McMuffin. The drive-through lane was temporarily closed and the squawk box person asked if I could come inside. Hm. Could I? Is that beyond the pale?

I ended up leaving, mostly because of the bra, but hell. The 60-70s were a couple of decades of proud public bralessness.

I pretty much don't give a crap what others think of me, am not the least bit image conscious, and way past whatever vanity I may have had 40 years ago. But neither am I deliberately trying to make a spectacle of myself or completely disregard societal norms for suitable clothing options.

2 hours ago, SentimentalLady said:

How about the name "quite amazing ".  It would be better than "figure flattering."?  I figured that is where your name came from.

I don't like the name I picked, but didn't plan on becoming a 'regular', lol.  Now I almost feel like I shouldn't change it.  It's not that serious I guess, either way.

I will go outside or walk across the street in pjs , no bra. My rule is if I'm in the car I have on bra and clothes. Braless during those decades was one thing...in those days they pointed up and out. Now they are down and down.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

SuprSuprElevated, thanks for the reply and advice for our new bed. Get this-we got an email today saying it would be delivered between 5:30-9:30 on Thursday night and would require a TWO HOUR setup. My husband sent them a message that if they couldn't be here by 6:00pm, then to reschedule for the next day during the day. If they couldn't do that, we will cancel the order. This bed is almost $5,000. What kind of customer service is that?!

Holy smokes, really?  Did you order from the store or from QVC?  We ordered from the store and were given a 12-4 window.  They, of course, were a man down, so had to do some juggling to find someone, and ended up getting here pretty close to 4pm.  It did take the two of them nearly 2 hrs, but it felt rushed, because the driver/lead man needed to get his helper back somewhere else or something.  Anyway, I told them on the feedback survey that I felt rushed and would have like a more relaxed experience, considering the $$ spent.  I don't blame you for insisting on a more reasonable time frame.  They'll figure it out.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
33 minutes ago, Lord Donia said:

Preach! Also, the bar for what I consider to be BS keeps getting lower.  ;)

Thanks for the meatloaf tips! I'll see how it goes.

Etiquette/taste question: How far away from home am I allowed to roam wearing a housecoat?

State 1 (nightshirt and housecoat, no bra): Worn to take out the trash, pick up the newspaper, sweep the front lanai, drive over to the community mail station to pick up mail, walk across the street to my sister's house, etc.

State 2 (nightshirt and housecoat, with bra): Typically worn when people are coming to my house, including maintenance workers, delivery people, neighborhood friends, etc. I also put on my good housecoat.

Here's the sitch I'm unsure about. In State 1, I drove to an unnamed fast food restaurant to obtain a delicious breakfast McMuffin. The drive-through lane was temporarily closed and the squawk box person asked if I could come inside. Hm. Could I? Is that beyond the pale?

I ended up leaving, mostly because of the bra, but hell. The 60-70s were a couple of decades of proud public bralessness.

I pretty much don't give a crap what others think of me, am not the least bit image conscious, and way past whatever vanity I may have had 40 years ago. But neither am I deliberately trying to make a spectacle of myself or completely disregard societal norms for suitable clothing options.

OMG - FINALLY, another old broad who hates bras.  I hate clothes in general, and make most of my way through my sad, sad life braless.  So they're not so perky as they were when I was younger; who gives a shit?  My personal comfort tRumps everyone else's sensibilities on the few days I venture out from my hovel to some lowlife discount store for catfood.  :-)  Oversized tee and shorts for me - forever.  My fabulously feathered straw hat distracts they eye from my insufferably un-Californian bod.

1 minute ago, kittygirl said:

I will go outside or walk across the street in pjs , no bra. My rule is if I'm in the car I have on bra and clothes. Braless during those decades was one thing...in those days they pointed up and out. Now they are down and down.

I fondly remember when they first started "pointing south".  A young coworker who'd seen me in better days suggested a bandaid over the old nips and gluing Q-Tip ends up on high.  We both laughed like fuckin' loons over that one.

24 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

OMG - FINALLY, another old broad who hates bras.  I hate clothes in general, and make most of my way through my sad, sad life braless.  So they're not so perky as they were when I was younger; who gives a shit?  My personal comfort tRumps everyone else's sensibilities on the few days I venture out from my hovel to some lowlife discount store for catfood.  :-)  Oversized tee and shorts for me - forever.  My fabulously feathered straw hat distracts they eye from my insufferably un-Californian bod.

I fondly remember when they first started "pointing south".  A young coworker who'd seen me in better days suggested a bandaid over the old nips and gluing Q-Tip ends up on high.  We both laughed like fuckin' loons over that one.

I wear the same uniform, but I wear jeans, capris or crop pants with my oversized T.  I do put on a bra when I go out "in public" unless it's winter and then my coat hides the south pointing bewbs.

Years ago, when the southbound train started rolling, MamaCarpeDiem spent the night with me for some reason.  She was always flat as a board and never had to worry about gravity.  She looked at me in my nightgown and said, "What happened to your busts!?  They used to be so perky!"  Thanks, Mom.

22 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Haven't posted a kitty pic in a while, and I just know that you've all been waiting breathlessly for one, so here you go - 

Her favorite morning spot.  

onyx in sun.jpg

Kitties just know how to sprawl (most especially in the sunlight).  It's a gift, y'all.  :-)

I rarely go bra-less -- I don't like them bouncing and flinging around.  It's annoying and uncomfortable.  I don't wear a bra to sleep in unless we have overnight guests.  At home, I wear "loose" bras.  If I am going anywhere, I usually strap on the old underwire, unless I'm going for a quick trip to Target or the grocery store and I'm wearing something thick and loose like a sweatshirt.

But I've always had body issues and am very self-conscious, so there ya go!  :D

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I rarely go bra-less -- I don't like them bouncing and flinging around.  It's annoying and uncomfortable.  I don't wear a bra to sleep in unless we have overnight guests.  At home, I wear "loose" bras.  If I am going anywhere, I usually strap on the old underwire, unless I'm going for a quick trip to Target or the grocery store and I'm wearing something thick and loose like a sweatshirt.

In the privacy of my own home, I'm usually braless unless we have company or I'm expecting a service person, delivery, etc. When I go out, however, I always wear an underwire bra, even if I'm just going to the post office or grocery store. When I'm not working, I generally pull on a pair of jeans and a nice top or sweater when I go out, even just to run errands. 

12 minutes ago, Booney said:

In the privacy of my own home, I'm usually braless unless we have company or I'm expecting a service person, delivery, etc. When I go out, however, I always wear an underwire bra, even if I'm just going to the post office or grocery store. When I'm not working, I generally pull on a pair of jeans and a nice top or sweater when I go out, even just to run errands. 

I'm retired so I'm home a lot. I also hate wearing a bra, so I keep my " emergency" bra downstairs, in case someone comes to the door. Believe me no one  wants to see me braless.

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Me too. I always get dressed in the morning. From years of working in a home office, I have the habit of dressing like I'm "at work" (no pajamas at work!) although I do keep it casual, such as stretchy pants and comfy shoes. For me, getting dressed includes wearing a bra. I always wore a bra anyway.  I have the smallest bewbs east of the Mississippi, but they still move around, and I hate that feeling, have hated the jiggling feeling ever since I first hit puberty.  I never wear underwire bras (they hurt), so my bras are pretty comfortable. 

My one exception is that sometimes I lurk down the driveway in my pajamas, with a jacket covering my top, to get the morning newspaper. I have shrubbery alongside the driveway, so I am pretty well concealed. To be honest, I am more concerned about the neighbors seeing me with my hair rolled up (a fearsome sight) than them seeing some miniature bewbs flapping.

Unfortunately, it's not true that your bewbs don't sag if you're flat-chested. They droop down by your elbows, just as if they were big 'uns.

(edited)
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

My Mom had sister roommates in the 70's who were in their early 20's and were from a small town in the south. They moved to one of the biggest cities in the state and luckily ended up with my Mom as a roommate. I say that because she saved them more then once from falling for the lines of sweet talking men who were trying to get in their pants. They were to naive to realize the guys weren't being sincere. She was only in her mid 20's at the time but had grown up in the city. These girls had perky boobs and would frequently not wear bras while wearing shirts where their nipples showed right through. My Mom said she told them to at least wear band aids over their nipples. .

So every time I hear or read about band aids on nipples I think of those sisters.  Mom stayed friends with one of the roommates until the lady went bat shit crazy while working as a nurse and left a couple ranting messages on our answering machine saying stuff like if I didn't quit eating I was going to explode. I was still sporting some baby fat but wasn't overweight at the time. One of the last times we were at her house and stayed over I was like 10 she had a set of side by side cabinets in her kitchen open that she usually always kept closed. Turns out she kept them closed all the time because they were packed to the gills with various types of medicine samples that the Dr's offices are supposed to have. My Mom mused later between us that a lot of patients probably went without samples after asking because nurse lady was taking them all home.

Sorry for the long story.  I've been missing my Mom a lot lately.

Edited by Jaded
1 hour ago, Lady J said:

I'm retired so I'm home a lot. I also hate wearing a bra, so I keep my " emergency" bra downstairs, in case someone comes to the door. Believe me no one  wants to see me braless.

This made me giggle as I have an emergency bra,  too.  I keep it in a cabinet drawer in case of unexpected visitors.

By and large, if I am home, my bra is off.  It is the second thing I take off, after my shoes  when I get home.

Because I live in an apartment complex with lots of people around, I never go outside without the trusty boulder holder.

24 minutes ago, Jaded said:

My Mom had sister roommates in the 70's who were in their early 20's and were from a small town in the south. They moved to one of the biggest cities in the state and luckily ended up with my Mom as a roommate. I say that because she saved them more then once from falling for the lines of sweet talking men who were trying to get in their pants. They were to naive to realize the guys weren't being sincere. She was only in her mid 20's at the time but had grown up in the city. These girls had perky boobs and would frequently not wear bras while wearing shirts where their nipples showed right through. My Mom said she told them to at least wear band aids over their nipples. .

So every time I hear or read about band aids on nipples I think of those sisters.  Mom stayed friends with one of the roommates until the lady went bat shit crazy while working as a nurse and left a couple ranting messages on our answering machine saying stuff like if I didn't quit eating I was going to explode. I was still sporting some baby fat but wasn't overweight at the time. One of the last times we were at her house and stayed over I was like 10 she had a set of side by side cabinets in her kitchen open that she usually always kept closed. Turns out she kept them closed all the time because they were packed to the gills with various types of medicine samples that the Dr's offices are supposed to have. My Mom mused later between us that a lot of patients probably went without samples after asking because nurse lady was taking them all home.

Don't worry about stories being long!  We don't mind.

Speaking of the 70s, I can't tell you how glad I am that we didn't have the Internet and social media back then. When we did dumb shit, only our circle of friends knew about it. It didn't get posted on a global platform for the whole world to gawk at. We had privacy.

26 minutes ago, Jaded said:

When I was a little girl, my future step-daddy's ranting ex lunatic (he drove her there & kicked her to the crazy curb) phoned and threatened acid in somebody's face.  Mine or my Mum's - can't (or won't) recall.  It was well over a half century ago, and time wounds all heels.  :-)

Don't think you EVER need to apologize for rambling, Jaded.  I lost my Mum late last year, and I will never be whole again.

2 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I always get dressed in the morning. From years of working in a home office, I have the habit of dressing like I'm "at work" (no pajamas at work!) ...

Do you make your bed every day, too!?

You're a better man than I am, Coffee (Gunga Din) Cup! I worked remotely the last 11 years before retirement and the only time I ever got dressed was if I had a video meeting. And then it was only from the waist up.

My condolences on losing your moms, @walnutqueen and @Jaded. It sounds like you both have a lot of loving and funny memories.

6 minutes ago, Lord Donia said:

Do you make your bed every day, too!?

You're a better man than I am, Coffee (Gunga Din) Cup! I worked remotely the last 11 years before retirement and the only time I ever got dressed was if I had a video meeting. And then it was only from the waist up.

My condolences on losing your moms, @walnutqueen and @Jaded. It sounds like you both have a lot of loving and funny memories.

Hehe, I do make the bed every day. I load the dishwasher every night, and keep the bathroom clean. But the rest of the house is pretty messy, especially my home office. (I am definitely a "messy desk" person.)  When people ask if I have a pet, I tell them I have a cat, but I should also say that I have a zillion dust bunnies.

(edited)

Re bras -- I'm a 44DD and actually have a couple of those expensive $125 hydraulic structures that I had fitted at a schmancy lingerie boutique with a French name and which I freely admit make me look SO MUCH better.

But this is the unsupportive, baggy shit I wear 99% of the time. Because it's comfortable!

bra.JPG

Edited by Lord Donia