Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: I Like Them All, I Just Can't Choose!

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

•   Introductions

•   Off-topic chatter

•   Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1 Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

2 Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

3 If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

•   Character topics

•   Episode topics

•   Season topics

•   Spoiler topics

•   Speculation topics

•   In the Media topics

•   Favourite X topics

•   ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After FOX dropped COPS and AMW the Spike channel picked up both with them keeping COPS long term.  AMW after one season I think because Lifetime tried airing it too and it didn't last there either. I wish it would have found a new home. Apparently new episodes of COPS are still airing on Spike since the next one is in 3 days based on their website.

http://www.cops.com/

After FOX dropped COPS and AMW the Spike channel picked up both with them keeping COPS long term. AMW after one season I think because Lifetime tried airing it too and it didn't last there either. I wish it would have found a new home. Apparently new episodes of COPS are still airing on Spike since the next one is in 3 days based on their website.

http://www.cops.com/

What is AMW?

I found a 'new to me' cop show: D.U.I

I like this one because it shows the *arrest, the *jail and *court.  Cops usually leaves me wondering what happened to the perps after they are arrested.

Sometimes you see cops struggling to get people handcuffed and placed into the car. and even in the car, they are still acting crazy. I want to see if they are still like that once they get to the jail.

Someone reported us for the meno subjects and suggested we be told that discussion was better suited to small talk or new thread. So the mod did what was said by one who reported. Seems it is fine if we talk about a host with meno but not our personal stories on that thread. Apparently we can talk all we want on here about weight gain in peri meno hosts and posters. Guess it made some green at the gills.

I haven't watched much QVC or HSN today. Humidifiers, mattresses and Lancome aren't exciting today. 

Football! Been watching some games today. I'm so excited... it's the unofficial sign that autumn and cooler weather isn't far away.

Anyone else want to chime in with something? 

I think menopause is something that more women should discuss!  It's sort of like childbirth; not a lot is said until you're already a member of the club. In our mothers' era, it was probably more taboo, but I wish we learned more besides the usual joking about hot flashes and mood swings. 

TT - my Packers won today!  Happy about that.

Alrighty then! Someone didn't like the menopause discussion and reported it. I would think every woman would want to hear people sharing their experience if only to understand that not all women are the same. For me, I dreaded the night sweats that I heard about everybody having. But, I never had them.

Maybe a man complained! lol

But, really, this is probably a better place for it.

No, not a man. I do know who but will not say because I do respect a posters right to report if they believe something is not acceptable. I think it was more a case of being bored with that discussion though. Anyway it was reported.

There is less mod interference now that last couple years. I try to be careful with posts especially after the shut down over a certain hosts departure from q. 

"Bored," hmmm?   

Man, I'm bored by a lot of discussions there.  I just skip over them.  Eventually the ship seems to right itself!  :)

How 'bout them Packers???

Edited by Thumper
On September 6, 2016 at 4:51 PM, HissyFit said:

I can't believe this!  QVC is now selling "Erase," described as a "hair and scalp exfoliator."  It is supposed to remove "product build-up."

The only non-profane word I can think of to describe a company that sells a product that can build up to unhealthy levels on your scalp and another product to remove it is chutzpah.

I've used Wen for several years with no problem—purchased from QVC, Guthy-Renker, and Amazon. In a pinch, I just bought a brick & mortar cleansing conditioner, Renpure Solutions: https://www.renpure.com/product-category/solutions/ 

The label says, "Depending on your hair type and fixative use: [do they mean styling products?] we recommend using a Renpure shampoo which contains gentle coconut cleansers, for a deeper cleaning when needed. Average use is six cleansing conditioners to every one shampoo use." Many (most?) hair products build up, not just Wen.

Out of curiosity, I compared the ingredients. Renpure's first five are water, cocamidopropyl betaine, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, and behentrimonium chloride. Wen: water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, and stearamidopropyl dimethylamine.

9 minutes ago, Day2Day said:

OTpdkZW.gif

Heehee, those doggies have an attitude.

Let's go, Sparkly Snarkers!  Menopause, shingles, other illnesses, husbands (does a husband count as a chronic illness? lol), cute babies, our pet pictures... all allowed here.

I contracted shingles when I was 40. I didn't realize what it was. I first had bad back pain right at my lumbar spine (that can be an early symptom). I thought I had pulled my back. About three days later, the sores broke out around my waist on the right. I didn't connect the two, since I had no idea what shingles were at that time. I thought I had contact dermatitis from laundry soap or something. Fortunately, my annual physical was within a day of the sores breaking through, so I was within the time limit to get on Valtrex. I had a miserable couple of weeks (frozen peas on the sores helped a lot), but no lasting effects. I did have an odd sensation for a few months afterwards at the site of the sores; sort of like running water over my skin. Not painful, just weird.

I haven't gotten the shingles vaccine yet. I'm about four years from my 60th birthday, so will probably wait until then.

I got over Kelly Ripa many years ago.  As for Seacrest, I think he is very good at what he does.  His on-camera presence is always relaxed and professional imo.  That said, I still won't watch the show.

The above quoted from SuprSuprElevated. Moved from other thread to here.; 

This is how I feel. I watched her only a few times to know I can do better than watch her show. I like Michael Strahan but only during football season on Fox Sports. For me, his departure was the door slam to Kelly that I couldn't give myself. I'm not gonna watch Strahan on the other channel either. Ryan has always done a professional and personable job on whatever show he's been on. While I like Ryan well enough, that's not enough to make me watch Kelly ramble about her morning of trying to decide whether to have tea, coffee, or something else. Seacrest put up with other celebrity insanity for years. He's got his work cut out for him in Kelly. 

8 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

The above quoted from SuprSuprElevated. Moved from other thread to here.; 

This is how I feel. I watched her only a few times to know I can do better than watch her show. I like Michael Strahan but only during football season on Fox Sports. For me, his departure was the door slam to Kelly that I couldn't give myself. I'm not gonna watch Strahan on the other channel either. Ryan has always done a professional and personable job on whatever show he's been on. While I like Ryan well enough, that's not enough to make me watch Kelly ramble about her morning of trying to decide whether to have tea, coffee, or something else. Seacrest put up with other celebrity insanity for years. He's got his work cut out for him in Kelly. 

wow! no kidding ... better him than me!

30 minutes ago, MichelleAK said:

I contracted shingles when I was 40. I didn't realize what it was. I first had bad back pain right at my lumbar spine (that can be an early symptom). I thought I had pulled my back. About three days later, the sores broke out around my waist on the right. I didn't connect the two, since I had no idea what shingles were at that time. I thought I had contact dermatitis from laundry soap or something. Fortunately, my annual physical was within a day of the sores breaking through, so I was within the time limit to get on Valtrex. I had a miserable couple of weeks (frozen peas on the sores helped a lot), but no lasting effects. I did have an odd sensation for a few months afterwards at the site of the sores; sort of like running water over my skin. Not painful, just weird.

I haven't gotten the shingles vaccine yet. I'm about four years from my 60th birthday, so will probably wait until then.

I got the vaccine.  (Over 60.) I had chicken pox when I was 16, horrible case, so I figured I could get shingles. My husband had shingles on his face (temple area) many years ago, and he still has dark discoloration on his skin. He was lucky it was not closer to his eyes, because shingles can damage your vision. I've talked to a few people who had shingles on their torsos, and they said the pain is terrible; some of you here (other thread) have also described the pain. I know the vaccine isn't 100% effective, but I hope it protects me. That's the same risk we take with flu shots and pneumonia shots -- not 100%, but a lot better than nothing.

2 hours ago, Friedbaloney said:

57D210C4-DC53-4DFB-AC89-026CE9D3E3FB-33066-0000108A544711CB.jpeg

Since you are going already and you are a doll... can you get a package of fly trap hanging sticky strips, a diamond solitaire necklace, and some bunion pads. Here's a $20 bill. 

8 minutes ago, Fishy said:

OMG!! I'm scarred for life ............  again....  Yikes-a-rooney!!!

Wow the outline on that one eye is really intriguing...  sweet

That's Pearl, the sweet one.  Onyx however, is the fun, pain in the azz, lol.

3 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That's Pearl, the sweet one.  Onyx however, is the fun, pain in the azz, lol.

I love their names too...

6 minutes ago, Birdiebutt said:

Love the names, too.  I had a couple kitties a lifetime ago, a Burmese named Beanie and a Norwegian Forest named Cecil.

My sis had 2 black cats back in the day, before her allergies took over.  Their names were Beanie and Buttons.

9 minutes ago, Birdiebutt said:

Love the names, too.  I had a couple kitties a lifetime ago, a Burmese named Beanie and a Norwegian Forest named Cecil.

Awesome breeds!  I'll bet they were beauties~

(edited)

I had never heard of a Norwegian Forest, but I googled It = very beautiful and the origin is so interesting.

Edited by Fishy
20 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

My sis had 2 black cats back in the day, before her allergies took over.  Their names were Beanie and Buttons.

Awesome breeds!  I'll bet they were beauties~

Beauties with huge personalities.  Beanie loved to travel.  He watched the world go by sitting on the hatchback cover of my VW.  I took him everywhere.  Cecil was a bully.  Picked fights with every cat he would come across and winning most.  Was also a talker and a snuggle puss.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Loving this!

Me too!  They're hanging out on carpeted window perches that my dad made for them.  He's gone now, and I love that they love his handywork!

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Same cats, different pic, lol.  

I am astounded sometimes by people.

Onyx & Pearl 1.jpg

They are so cute!  I love the outline on the lighter one's eye! 

1 hour ago, hummingbird said:

did you know there's a TV show that's nothing but movie trailers? the axstv channel which is mostly music programming 

Mr Hbird is enjoying this 

My husband told me about this....if it's started, I'm sure he's watching.  Must be a guy thing!

10 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

You crack me up!

OMG.

How is this person not arrested?  I mean you can't just walk around like that with your bewbies hanging (and I do mean hanging) out in the open air!!

In some places, like New York City, both men and women can walk around topless. Other jurisdictions make exceptions for beasts covered with paint (like the woman in the photo) or pasties since the areola and nipples are not technically exposed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topfreedom

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Friedbaloney said:

You had $2.97 in change but they had Milkbones on sale and, well...I couldn't help myself. 

31BD6CA8-5E62-4DA6-8E8E-BD75785B49D6-33726-0000114606509587.jpeg

Love!!   bwahaha -- pictures like this make me want a dog - gotta love him!

Edited by Fishy

OMGosh, I just watched Jimmy Kimmel's emotional opening monologue where he revealed the heart defects his son was born with and the frantic events that followed.  I could barely breathe for tearing up through it, it was so touching.  So very pleased there was a positive outcome. 

16 hours ago, Birdiebutt said:

Beauties with huge personalities.  Beanie loved to travel.  He watched the world go by sitting on the hatchback cover of my VW.  I took him everywhere.  Cecil was a bully.  Picked fights with every cat he would come across and winning most.  Was also a talker and a snuggle puss.

You have a Beanie!!!  My soulmate cat was also a Beanie (named Teeny Weeny Beanie Baby Boy by my niece).  Softest fur I've ever felt.  I miss him fiercely.

By the way, y'all know there's a special forum dedicated to Post Your Pet Photos & Discussion in the "Everything Else" Off Topic section, right?  :-)