Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: I Like Them All, I Just Can't Choose!

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm just going to leave this here - 

They got a girl from a titty bar to cage dance in front of sharks then told her she wouldn't get bitten. Surprise, she got bit. Also, I find it funny that we are supposed to take this stunt as some serious documentation on shark behavior but their girl has huge, store bought bewbies and a ridiculous swim suit that exposes most of her lower body. That white, clingy, cotton-ish see though suit looks more like a wet t-shirt contest with sharks swimming about. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/3/2017 at 8:33 PM, DownTheShore said:

That sounds like it could be one of those Farmers Insurance commercials!?

Yes! It does! I love those commercials. I had a little jack russell terrier years ago and love the one with that cutie running out the doggie door away from the fire. Also love the synchronized dog swimming! Such clever commercials. I stop to watch them when they come on. That genius deserves a bonus for a good idea. 

I haven't been able to post much. I've been working a lot. BUT, this site has been wonky for me. I've reported a couple of ads and was able to delete or stop some of them so I'm able to post at the moment. Sure puts a damper on things when you can't type and the screen freezes. 

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

This pisses me off.  We were in Cancun 2 years ago and here is this Muslim lady at the pool covered up in something like this with two kids and stroller.  Up walks her hubby in bermudas, a tee shirt and sandals.  Oh I was so pissed!  She has to wear that getup and you know she was dying of heat.  I was in shorts and a tee.  And because he's a male, her hubby can just bop around cool as a cucumber.  Without the kids.  Life isn't fair girls for so many women in this world!!!!

Truth!  I was pissed last summer when I saw this man, in light cotton clothing, waltzing to his car.  Behind him trailed his poor wife in a heavy black, full length burka with one of those grill like things over her eyes.  She was struggling to carry at least a dozen bags.  I guess he wouldn't let her use a cart.  He opened the trunk and then got in the car.  I helped her put the bags in the trunk, walked by the driver's window, leaned down and gave him a look that I hope shriveled his already tiny balls on the way to my car.

5 hours ago, AuntCarol said:

How's the hair thinning situation?  Mine is dire.  I have no bangs now except for a few wisps.  Lots gone in the "male pattern badness" area and overall thinning.  Plus it won't hold a curl and looks like I fried it somewhere, which I didn't.  I'm stumped.  I'm about ready to buy some Wen and put it on and leave it for awhile.  Wen was the only thing that worked a few years back when I got fried by a perm.  Sigh.  I used to have such beautiful hair.

I used to have such thick, beautiful hair.  Now my hairstyle resembles David Crosby's - male pattern baldness and thin and wispy everywhere else.  At least it's silky.  I'm saving up for a wig.  :-(

On 5/3/2017 at 1:03 PM, TexasTiffany said:

This sounds wonderful!

I used to have a small backyard. I had bird feeders, and squirrel food, possums and raccoons would come by occasionally. I loved it. Different songbirds would come and I had a good thing going. Until. One night a raccoon frat party stopped by. Dozens of raccoons were all over the place. Some lounging sprawled all over my fence, the neighbors fence and patio furniture, on my roof, the neighbors roofs, etc. I thought the neighbors would freak out. I certainly did. I didn't want to get in trouble since it was my bird feeders that attracted them in the first place. I lived in a condo next to a wooded area. I was worried I'd be asked to leave. I had no idea that a raccoon rave party was going to show up one night. 

You just needed a pit bull to keep them in check.  Apparently.  lol

pitbull and raccoon.jpg

Well!  Mr. Hag pulled off a surprise party for my 60th, right in our own house!  People just started showing up with food and drinks.  I still can't figure out how he got it past me!  I am stunned.  And happy.

Attention @seahag!!  Happiest Birthday to you!! - your hubby is a keeper.  Hope your day was happy and your year even better!!

15 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I could be one of those Farmers Insurance commercials, if only Farmers homeowners would cover baby/juvenile delinquent raccoon damage to outdoor structures, fixtures & the like.

Despite some of his negatives, Rowe is effin' adorable.  If you Shopping Channel newbies weren't aware, he used to shill for them, eons ago - find Mike Rowe vintage videos on YouTube and be amused.

Indeed...love Mike Rowe and glad he put Nordstrom on blast for those ridiculous jeans.  Would love to know how many pairs they sold guessing the number is somewhere close to zero?

1 hour ago, PearlClutcher said:

?!  I never knew about Yeezy's "accident".  I'm still waiting for the divorce announcement on those two nutters.

Yeah, yesterday they launched some uber expensive kids clothing line and right afterwards Kanye deleted all of his social media accounts.  He hasn't been seen for weeks.  I suspect pimp momager, Kris, has him locked up in a dungeon somewhere.  I don't like the guy at all, but he needs to get away from that koven of hoes.

"Murder Dog and Trash Panda" sounds like a movie. I had never heard the term "trash panda" before. I had yesterday off and went to the movies and saw Guardians of the Galaxy II. (that term is in it) I enjoyed the movie so much that I'm thinking about seeing it again. 

I wish @Bronx Babe and some others would come over to this thread. Here we can talk about all those movies at length.

It was nice to read Mike Rowe's response to those jeans. Mike thoroughly admonishes them. 

21 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I used to have such thick, beautiful hair. Now my hairstyle resembles David Crosby's - male pattern baldness and thin and wispy everywhere else. At least it's silky. I'm saving up for a wig.  :-(

I just went for a cheap wig! Better than everyone having to gaze at my scalp through a few wispy hairs.

Of all the things I assumed in my 20s would never happen to me as I got older, thinning hair was number one. My Italian heritage included thick curly hair, bushy eyebrows, hairy arms and legs, and a mustache. Now those are all gone and I've developed a pretty good crop of chin whiskers instead. Physiology is cuckoo!

I'm right there with you. But mine is from drugs I take to keep breast cancer from... hopefully...returning. I have abundant chin and moustache hair, really thinning on top. At this rate I'll need a wig within a year. But that's OK. I'll happily wear a wig if I'm here and breathing. I have different size bewbs too. Don't even care. Minimizer bra to smush the bigger one down so it's working for me. Using a laser hair removal device I git from Evine. It is working but takes a while since new ones crop up.had it four months. Big difference in chin growth and moustache almost gone. Expensive but I'm worth it. Didn't want my DIL to have to pluck when I get old..er.

Q

25 minutes ago, Honey said:

Little Mia Rae arrived this evening at 8:30 pm, after a very short 3 hour labor.  She is 7 pounds 2 ounces, 20 inches and completely perfect.  Labor was so fast that my daughter didn't have a chance for any pain control.  I even got to cut the cord.

I am one of those rare people who does not think every baby is cute, in fact I think most newborns look a bit like Winston Churchill.  Mia is pretty cute.  A tiny nose, tiny ears, and just perfect.  :) 

Congrats, @Honey to you, your daughter and Little Mia!  Great news!

(edited)
On 5/6/2017 at 1:58 AM, CarpeDiem54 said:

I used to have such thick, beautiful hair.  Now my hairstyle resembles David Crosby's - male pattern baldness and thin and wispy everywhere else.  At least it's silky.  I'm saving up for a wig.  :-(

Check out Rene of Paris wigs.

They are on Amazon and other wig websites.

Also, check out Wilshire Wigs.

I have purchased from Wilshire...Amazon and 1 or 2 other sites (approximately)

On many occasions Wilshire, (usually around holidays) offer (or they used to offer) a 25% off coupon (could be 20%).

Wilshire's customer service is not like Amazon but I have purchased wigs from them.

My own hair is short...fine..bleached light-light-light blonde....long bangs.

I own wigs because when I go out...I slap a wig on...much easier than trying to get my own hair to look "bed head" 

My wigs tend to be a darker blonde with lighter highlights.  I like wigs to the shoulders or slightly longer.

As I have said before, my neighbors must think that I'm in the witness protection program.

download.jpg

Edited by artisto
adjusted my use of the English language

Little Mia Rae arrived this evening at 8:30 pm, after a very short 3 hour labor.  She is 7 pounds 2 ounces, 20 inches and completely perfect.  Labor was so fast that my daughter didn't have a chance for any pain control.  I even got to cut the cord.

I am one of those rare people who does not think every baby is cute, in fact I think most newborns look a bit like Winston Churchill.  Mia is pretty cute.  A tiny nose, tiny ears, and just perfect.  :) 

@Honey, how wonderful! Thank you for sharing your good news! I'm glad everything is okay with your daughter and Little Mia Rae! That is so exciting. Like @CarpeDiem, I'm commenting in this thread since it might be off topic in our regular thread.

7 hours ago, artisto said:

On many occasions Wilshire, (usually around holidays) offer (or they used to offer) a 25% off coupon (could be 20%).

Wilshire's customer service is not like Amazon but I have purchased wigs from them.

I own wigs because when I go out...I slap a wig on...much easier than trying to get my own hair to look "bed head" 

My wigs tend to be a darker blonde with lighter highlights.  I like wigs to the shoulders or slightly longer.

As I have said before, my neighbors must think that I'm in the witness protection program.

download.jpg

Thank you!  I'll check them out!  Love the picture.  ?

2 hours ago, PearlClutcher said:

Aristo thanks much for all that info.  May I ask if any of the wigs are hot to wear.  I'm on a fact-finding mission as I've noticed that I am losing strands and strands of hair because of reasons I won't go into.  I laughed at your witness protection mention and of course the picture.

The wigs will feel like a hat when you start wearing them...not bad though

There are adjustable strips on the sides

You can also wear a nylon cap...you just stuff your hair under it...and plop the wig on

I like Rene of Paris the best.  The ends do not split.  The ends on some wigs tend to "macrame" on the ends.

Try to select a wig with lowlights and/or highlights; they tend to look more natural.

Hope this helps!!

I appreciate all the information on wigs. My hair has gotten so thin I'm considering a wig myself. Like others, I've lost a lot of scalp and body hair (barely have to shave my legs any more) but have that dreadful chin and mustache hair. Ain't middle age fun?

22 hours ago, artisto said:

download.jpg

LOL!!

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:01 AM, Lord Donia said:

I just went for a cheap wig! Better than everyone having to gaze at my scalp through a few wispy hairs.

Of all the things I assumed in my 20s would never happen to me as I got older, thinning hair was number one. My Italian heritage included thick curly hair, bushy eyebrows, hairy arms and legs, and a mustache. Now those are all gone and I've developed a pretty good crop of chin whiskers instead. Physiology is cuckoo!

You and me both!  I always complained about my too thick hair - now I wish I could take it all back.  I've lost about 1/2 the volume because of an RA medication I take.  I can tell, naturally,  but I just recently had someone say it looks thick.  Hmm really? All I can say is thank goodness for those fill-in scalp powders. 

9 hours ago, Fishy said:

You and me both!  I always complained about my too thick hair - now I wish I could take it all back.  I've lost about 1/2 the volume because of an RA medication I take.  I can tell, naturally,  but I just recently had someone say it looks thick.  Hmm really? All I can say is thank goodness for those fill-in scalp powders. 

I too have always had thick, course hair and still do.  After reading these posts about thinning etc., I think I shall keep my large trap shut about it!

I just watched the American Family Insurance commercial again...the one where Jennifer Hudson comes up to sing with the "street performer'.  I like Jennifer Hudson, but I think her booming vocals are not right in all circumstances.  For me, I'd like to hear the unknown guy finish the song.  I kinda think she ruins it.

I thought this thread would be hopping. We like to talk about lots of things, but are rather quiet here. LOL

Anyhow, I wanted to tell about something weird that happened. I was watching the news last night. One of the lead stories was a young couple had been killed in a car accident. They were on their way to the airport about 3am. Their car was hit by a drunk driver. The young couple was killed but the drunk driver survived. I mention this because when they showed the picture of the young couple I recognized them. I mean, I don't know them personally, but I helped them last week where I work. We talked for several minutes. They told me they were leaving town in a few days and were buying gifts for their family. The intersection where their car was hit is about 4 miles away so I probably heard the emergency vehicles that night. 

There's been lots of death in my family so it's certainly not the first time I've known someone who has died. It's weird though. I guess I'm still thinking about it because they were such a young couple in their mid 20's. Now they're gone. 

42 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I thought this thread would be hopping. We like to talk about lots of things, but are rather quiet here. LOL

Anyhow, I wanted to tell about something weird that happened. I was watching the news last night. One of the lead stories was a young couple had been killed in a car accident. They were on their way to the airport about 3am. Their car was hit by a drunk driver. The young couple was killed but the drunk driver survived. I mention this because when they showed the picture of the young couple I recognized them. I mean, I don't know them personally, but I helped them last week where I work. We talked for several minutes. They told me they were leaving town in a few days and were buying gifts for their family. The intersection where their car was hit is about 4 miles away so I probably heard the emergency vehicles that night. 

There's been lots of death in my family so it's certainly not the first time I've known someone who has died. It's weird though. I guess I'm still thinking about it because they were such a young couple in their mid 20's. Now they're gone. 

That's awful. First you try to go into denial by saying things like "but I just talked to them a few days ago," and then it sinks in... they're gone.

It always makes me livid when a drunk driver survives a fatal accident he caused.

1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

Me too. Some people in the main thread won't venture out of it even if it means they can be more broad in terms of discussion.

6 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

Menopause gave me whiskers!  GRRRR Hisssssssss

cat siamese with big whiskers.jpg

Amen sister, tell me about it.  I mentioned somewhere that I had been taking a hair/skin/nails vitamin, primarily to help strengthen my fingernails and keep them from breaking, but it kicked the hormonal hairs into overdrive, so no more of that!  lol   It sucks.

16 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

I'm here, if that helps!  Just no time to post - trying hard to get the time to read!

Can't tell you how mad your story makes me - life turns on a dime!

4 hours ago, imisspuddy said:

I'm here, if that helps!  Just no time to post - trying hard to get the time to read!

Can't tell you how mad your story makes me - life turns on a dime!

I'm glad you are here! I understand about not having time to post. Sometimes I'm so tired when I get home from work, it's all I can do to catch up on reading but I'm too tired to post. 

(edited)

BWAHHH!

That guy's outfit looks like one of my granny square crochet projects gone horribly WRONG!

Marvel Comics should be alerted that there's a new super hero on the scene... Super Knit and Popcorn Stitch Girl!

Edited by TexasTiffany
(edited)

Hello friends! Popping into this forum and taking a little break from the other one for awhile. Hope to see more people posting here. Anyway, I got a USB drive full of photos from my wedding photographer. Mr. Booney and I are still sorting through them all, but wanted to share this one of the two adorable munchkins (grandkids) who served as our flower girl and ring bearer -

(I decided to remove this photo after reading some of your posts about safety issues related to posting personal pics in open forums. They were adorable - trust me!)

Edited by Booney
Posts about safety of personal pics scared me, so I inserted subs!
30 minutes ago, Booney said:

Hello friends! Popping into this forum and taking a little break from the other one for awhile. Hope to see more people posting here. Anyway, I got a USB drive full of photos from my wedding photographer. Mr. Booney and I are still sorting through them all, but wanted to share this one of the two adorable munchkins (grandkids) who served as our flower girl and ring bearer -

IMG_0830.JPG.dd04deec83a48870fdedfbb853a735ff.JPG

Adorable!  Glad to see you!

(edited)

I'm moving this comment by @SuprSuprElevated to this thread.

It's possible that one would find a fresh box of 64 in my closet as we speak. ( =

When I was looking at crayons on amazon I found this box of 152 different colors. I had no idea! Not that my eyes can discern 152 different colors, but I sure would like to play with them. Comes in its own caddy and a sharpener. 

91kvNzqvlJL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by TexasTiffany
15 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

When I was looking at crayons on amazon I found this box of 152 different colors. I had no idea! Not that my eyes can discern 152 different colors, but I sure would like to play with them. Comes in its own caddy and a sharpener. 

91kvNzqvlJL._SL1500_.jpg

Wow!

56 minutes ago, Booney said:

IMG_0830.JPG.dd04deec83a48870fdedfbb853a735ff.JPG

Oh my goodness, they're beautiful!  Gorgeous photo~

25 minutes ago, SentimentalLady said:

It's nice to see some friendly names.   I know I had a box bigger than 64 crayons but I don't know if it was that big!

Is it ok to post about gardening?  I wanted to know if anyone has experience with red salvia.

I used to have red salvia many years ago when I had more sun in my yard. As my trees have gotten bigger over the years, I have mostly shade now, so it doesn't do well in my yard anymore. 

44 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

91kvNzqvlJL._SL1500_.jpg

I might have seen this in Target. My older son is a budding cartoonist, but loves colored pencils. If they had a giant pencil set, I'd probably grab it for him. 

57 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

What adorable children! Beautiful outfits and flowers! And you have the photos forever!

Thanks! Yes, at this age (2-1/2), they won't stay like this for long - they grow too fast, so photos are a must! They are cousins. I have three stepdaughters and the ring bearer is the oldest's son, and the flower girl is the youngest's daughter. They were born exactly one week apart. I'm crazy about them!

39 minutes ago, SentimentalLady said:

It's nice to see some friendly names.   I know I had a box bigger than 64 crayons but I don't know if it was that big!

Is it ok to post about gardening?  I wanted to know if anyone has experience with red salvia.

Should be! This is the "small talk" place. I've never tried red salvia but I love to garden.

It's good to see you!

10 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

I might have seen this in Target. My older son is a budding cartoonist, but loves colored pencils. If they had a giant pencil set, I'd probably grab it for him. 

Amazon has several giant colored pencil sets. This one has many 5-star reviews -

IMG_0858.thumb.JPG.0684d936dbe231e88783c9b04112c7a9.JPG

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Booney said:

Amazon has several giant colored pencil sets. This one has many 5-star reviews -

IMG_0858.thumb.JPG.0684d936dbe231e88783c9b04112c7a9.JPG

I think I see a new project in my future. Now I'll have to go check these out. A garden of colors.

@Chica0812, I've seen your name lots of times, but you don't post much. Please feel free to add your comments. We have more freedom in this thread.

Edited by TexasTiffany

Yes, I think we can post about anything off-topic from Shopping Shows here.

Boonie, I'm so glad to see you here.  The photo is so cute!  Thanks for sharing it with us.

That box of crayons is so pretty, I think I'd be afraid to use them.  I'd open the box and smell them once in awhile.

I went shopping today for some capri length pants. With my figure, shorts are no longer my friend. I usually wear knee-length denim skirts in the summer, but they can be awkward when sitting, if you catch my drift. I decided to do brick-and-mortar shopping and I'm glad I did. I went to Boscov's (those of you in PA or the mid-Atlantic area know this chain) and got a fabulous deal on capris. The brand is Salem Straits (probably a Boscov's house brand), they're 100% cotton, drawstring waist, "pork chop" pockets with a cute button detail, and the perfect length, although two of the pairs have a roll tab so if I want to cuff them to shorten them a bit, I can. I got four pairs - black, khaki, army green, and navy. The best part - they were on sale for $9.99 and I had a 15% off coupon, so each one cost me $8.50!! I saved so much money, I got this top in a couple of different colors at $18 a pop after sale discounts and my coupon; also 100% cotton, great for hot days:

IMG_0861.thumb.JPG.eb5e4b6d4310cd8224075e4ff049d1fb.JPG

I don't think I could've gotten a better deal online!

1 hour ago, SentimentalLady said:

I plant red salvia every year. Also like to use mixed color salvia (white, purple, salmon). Salvia likes sun. My yard is part shady, but the flower beds get about eight hours a day of full sun. (You can grow it in a pot too, on a sunny patio.) If you keep the dead salvia bloom stalks trimmed off, it will look better and bloom more. It keeps blooming until frost.