Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: I Like Them All, I Just Can't Choose!

• Start Topic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

9Randomness - 

So Carrie Ann Inaba has jettisoned or has been jettisoned by her 3rd fiance' in 10 years, about a month ago.  Wonder what her deal is.

I was really surprised to learn that she was engaged at one time to Artem.  For a couple of reasons.

She was???  that surprises me too but then maybe it doesn't.  Artem doesn't do a thing for me but whatevs.  

I was sorry to hear that she/they (her and derringer) broke up because it sounded like she had finally found her soulmate.  They both sounded like they were made for each other - having read all the mushy details.

ETA - I think she really wants to be married or she really just loves love.  

Edited by Fishy
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

@Fishy - did you see this?!  Looks really concerning imo.

wendy-williams-faints-on-live-tv-during-halloween-show

Not sure if this link shows it, but it's all over the web.

I saw the TMZ report before the show actually aired where I live.  I watched the show and they totally cut that portion out of the show broadcast.  Luckily someone on the WW forum posted a recording of the actual incident so I got to see it.  It did look scary, but  I've, and you've, probably seen the update that she's okay.  Reason: overheated in her costume??  I thought that was odd because the costume didn't look that bulky.  Plus don't they usually keep shows AC'd up the wazoo because of the lights??  

4 hours ago, Fishy said:

I saw the TMZ report before the show actually aired where I live.  I watched the show and they totally cut that portion out of the show broadcast.  Luckily someone on the WW forum posted a recording of the actual incident so I got to see it.  It did look scary, but  I've, and you've, probably seen the update that she's okay.  Reason: overheated in her costume??  I thought that was odd because the costume didn't look that bulky.  Plus don't they usually keep shows AC'd up the wazoo because of the lights??  

Yeah, not buying that excuse at all.  It could be anything really, but the fact that she came back to finish the show and didn't go see a doctor right away almost makes it seem like she knew why it happened.  Hope she's not just blowing it off.  It looked pretty serious to me, especially the way she said a nonsense word, then just zoned out before falling backward.  

TIAs can be like this.  A moment of bizarre, then back to normal, but they're a huge warning sign of something more serious.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, not buying that excuse at all.  It could be anything really, but the fact that she came back to finish the show and didn't go see a doctor right away almost makes it seem like she knew why it happened.  Hope she's not just blowing it off.  It looked pretty serious to me, especially the way she said a nonsense word, then just zoned out before falling backward.  

TIAs can be like this.  A moment of bizarre, then back to normal, but they're a huge warning sign of something more serious.

Replying only so I can say I am loving that avatar change and get a chance to display my new one too! ?

3 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Greetings everyone.  Drinking coffee and looking out the kitchen window. There's mama black bear and 3 cubs.  Yesterday I saw a lot of wild turkeys. Ah, RVing in the wild.  We're in a spot where the sky is filled with stars because we are not near any big towns.  I thought I spied a ufo but Mr. Clutcher said it was a satellite.  I think a ufo sounds more exciting. He's such a buzzkill.  I haven't seen the Q in quite a while and it's weird.  I get a yearning for the Q and a Starbucks but not too much.  

There you are!  I was going to contact you to make sure you were okay!  We're all anxious to hear about your adventures, so if time permits, please keep us posted.  Have fun and travel on!

36 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Miss Ladyrain thank you so much for replying!  I hope you Sparkly Snarkers are doing well.  I bought a wifi hotspot to communicate!  I hardly keep up with the news as we are just walking, looking at nature and in a weird way, roughing it for a short time.  I went down a jean size although I feel I eat just as much.  I got some new boots that were supposed to help with balance.  The 1st day I wore them I fell into the RV.  You're pretty clumsy falling uphill lol!  

When we were in AL in a park, I saw a big wrapped up object in a large dumpster.  It was lying on top and looked like a body. I went right by. Mr. Clutcher said maybe it was a shark.  I said "oh a shark in CO?; besides the container said "No Fish"!  Um, I'm leaving that one alone.  The park ranger can deal wih that.  Til next time.

I'm in AL Pearlclutcher. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful state. We have everything from mountains to plains to beach here. Come back to see us sometime.

1 hour ago, PearlClutcher said:

Greetings everyone.  Drinking coffee and looking out the kitchen window. There's mama black bear and 3 cubs.  Yesterday I saw a lot of wild turkeys. Ah, RVing in the wild.  We're in a spot where the sky is filled with stars because we are not near any big towns.  I thought I spied a ufo but Mr. Clutcher said it was a satellite.  I think a ufo sounds more exciting. He's such a buzzkill.  I haven't seen the Q in quite a while and it's weird.  I get a yearning for the Q and a Starbucks but not too much.  

Wait a minute...so you're officially a full-timer!?  I'm so jealous.  That's terrific.  I would love to see those bears! (from a respectable distance)  Are you intentionally going off the grid (teevee wise), or just in an area that doesn't get reception?  I have so many questions!  lol

Edited by SuprSuprElevated

Hello all. Will try to be brief.. also will copy and past to the other small talk forum.. all these new sub forums have me confused to be honest.  Thank you to all of you who have checked in with me. Two days ago we were finally notified that the blood test done for the horrid B-raf defective cancer gene came in. I can only imagine the cost... it was a new blood test done because the previous 4 biopsies from the tumor taken back in July, kept coming back inconclusive. Because Joe's spots on his liver, since the July operation have not shrunken, and even grown  somewhat, I suspected he did infact have this defective gene... and he does. This means treating his cancer has an extremely poor outcome. I am not looking to have a husband for too long, even the thought of going through with our March paid for and planned vacation now seems doubtful. He is terribly sick with the current chemo, he has had 2 treatments and scheduled to do another one on Monday. Another CATScan in a couple of weeks.  Not hopeful in the least based on reading about this, and reading between the lines with his doctor. He had a script to go to Dana Farber again, in Boston for new clinical trials, but when we were there 2 weeks ago, the doctor said they had nothing at the time.  To say I am utterly destroyed would be the understatement of the century. Thank you again for all the messages, it really kept me going.

30 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

We are trying to follow the warm weather but Florida is a tad crowded so I think we will do Georgia or Alabama for the winter.

My only experience with Alabama (recent), was love bugs, so that State is not on my radar for any kind of longevity, lol.

Hope it's going well and that you're enjoying yourselves.

5 hours ago, PearlClutcher said:

Well SSE, I bought a wifi hotspot to get some communication.  Idk how it works but it does.  I can catch up on a few things occasionally.   Doing dry docking is good for a while but not long.  I do like some amenities like a town to get ice within 10 miles.  We get to meet the most interesting people for sure.  I actually ran into a woman whom I used to go to high school with.  So we reminisced to the utter boredom of our husbands.

We are trying to follow the warm weather but Florida is a tad crowded so I think we will do Georgia or Alabama for the winter.  We want to settle and quit traveling as diesel is not cheap as you know.  Like they say, RVing is paying a lot of money to be homeless.  I enjoy cleaning a tiny house on wheels and seeing new things. I do not want to see an alien and Mr. Clutcher is scared of Sasquatch.  Lol, we are quite ridiculous in our fears. So I guess no dense forests or Area 51 for us.  @kittygirl you are so right. Alabama is lovely.  

Nice to hear from you again, @PearlClutcher.  I hope you are seeing wonderful sights and having the time of your lives!

I realize that most of the traffic from this wonderful thread has been diverted to the Shopping Channel Small Talk thread, but I am a creature of habit and not particularly fond of Shopping Channels in general.

So, I must extend my condolences to anyone in SoCal preparing to roast a T-Day turkey during our unseasonable heatwave.  Temps are expected to be in the upper 80s or higher around these parts, and I cannot imagine having an oven roasting turkey for many hours under those conditions.  I'm glad I don't do Thanksgiving (or any other holiday).

9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I realize that most of the traffic from this wonderful thread has been diverted to the Shopping Channel Small Talk thread, but I am a creature of habit and not particularly fond of Shopping Channels in general.

So, I must extend my condolences to anyone in SoCal preparing to roast a T-Day turkey during our unseasonable heatwave.  Temps are expected to be in the upper 80s or higher around these parts, and I cannot imagine having an oven roasting turkey for many hours under those conditions.  I'm glad I don't do Thanksgiving (or any other holiday).

Hopefully they aren't deep frying them outside to keep their kitchens cooler... Last thing needed are more wildfires... thanks to exploding deep fryers....

download (1).jpg

17 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Hopefully they aren't deep frying them outside to keep their kitchens cooler... Last thing needed are more wildfires... thanks to exploding deep fryers....

download (1).jpg

Especially now that California isn't even getting part of that Federal disaster relief ...

At the very least, the ERs will be busy treating deep fryer burns, electric carving knife mishaps, and murderous familial mayhem.  Happy Holidays, indeed!   ;-)

6 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Especially now that California isn't even getting part of that Federal disaster relief ...

At the very least, the ERs will be busy treating deep fryer burns, electric carving knife mishaps, and murderous familial mayhem.  Happy Holidays, indeed!   ;-)

I have been seeing the All State Commercial with the exploding deep fryers for Thanksgiving. Guess they are utilizing this time of the season to remind folks they see this happen.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2017/11/21/psa-do-not-drop-your-frozen-turkey-fryer/107897732/

This is good.

Off to bed!

44 minutes ago, Cricket said:

I have been seeing the All State Commercial with the exploding deep fryers for Thanksgiving. Guess they are utilizing this time of the season to remind folks they see this happen.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2017/11/21/psa-do-not-drop-your-frozen-turkey-fryer/107897732/

This is good.

Off to bed!

Heh.  Reminds me of the Gilmore Girls T-Day episode, when Jackson deep fried a turkey and everything else he could lay hands on, while Sookie got drunk & watched.  ;-)

Here's a tidbit for you guys...,

According to "Intelligence for your Life" if you eat 2 cloves of garlic every day, in a month you could see less wrinkles and saggy skin because garlic contains 3 skin saving components - it reduces inflammation, it fights oxidated stress which is what happens when an apple turns brown after it hits the air, and it prevents collagen breakdown.

So there you have it - who needs to spend bucks on all those miracle creams, serums, salves and what have you - all you need is garlic.  Hmmm, after a month of that I wonder if anyone would want to get near you??  ??