Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: I Like Them All, I Just Can't Choose!

• Start Topic

Going to the beach in a few days, the drive there will take us thru the Philadelphia area, hoping to stop off at QVC for the studio tour and store.  I have been there before but want to go again...saw David in person last time, he was really nice to everyone.  

Rave for Amazon prime...ordered an item on Saturday afternoon and it arrived today.  QVC orders lately have been sitting in process for 4-5 before even shipping out. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

That has got to be the strangest damn thing I've ever seen. I had forgotten how odd it was, lol.

The show dressed Dorothy exclusively from Discount Tunic Town, but that is horrifying! What are those rolls for?!

Does anyone remember that episode? Why would a divorced woman in her sixties wear a white gown and veil anyway, much less an unromantic, unfanciful person like Dorothy? Yeesh.

38 minutes ago, Lord Donia said:

The show dressed Dorothy exclusively from Discount Tunic Town, but that is horrifying! What are those rolls for?!

Does anyone remember that episode? Why would a divorced woman in her sixties wear a white gown and veil anyway, much less an unromantic, unfanciful person like Dorothy? Yeesh.

I didn't watch the episode, but looking at that strange dress, I'm wondering: Did Dorothy lose a bet?

2 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Poor Dorothy, she deserved much better than that lace tablecloth with craft-looking loops all over the bodice. 

I'd love to see Randy Fenoli's face if someone asked him for a Dorothy Zbornak gown. I found a photo.

d3e2d5db7562d2d0dddb450663631b599e41d2a4

The infamous arts and crafts gown! Dorothy always had the most hideous clothes. It was like the designers took leftover drapes and cut a few holes for the arms and head. She lived in Miami, how did she not pass out from heat stroke?

14 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Oh gosh, wedding dresses. I watched Say Yes to the Dress and all its spinoffs and copycats for years and years, despite disliking many of the brides and most of their entourages. I'm still amazed at the number of women who want to serve up the goods to all and sundry on their wedding days.

Anyway, I've finally weened myself off the shows and satisfy my craving by occasionally browsing designer collections online. For whatever weird reason, I just like looking at wedding gowns!

You're not weird at all - especially since I like looking at them too!!  Just like I love watching fashion shows (remember Elsa Klensch?)  - I think the creative person living in me loves to get their fashion fix whenever possible.

10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The infamous arts and crafts gown! Dorothy always had the most hideous clothes. It was like the designers took leftover drapes and cut a few holes for the arms and head. She lived in Miami, how did she not pass out from heat stroke?

Plus, isn't that Leslie Neilsen as the groom? Lol like he would marry a Dorothy type IRL. I think that as he got older, he liked his women to be much younger! 

(edited)
13 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Poor Dorothy, she deserved much better than that lace tablecloth with craft-looking loops all over the bodice. 

I'd love to see Randy Fenoli's face if someone asked him for a Dorothy Zbornak gown. I found a photo.

d3e2d5db7562d2d0dddb450663631b599e41d2a4

Not sure what year this episode came out, but I do remember watching it.  And maybe the design, however offbeat, was really ahead of its time because it seems to me I've seen some similar creations on a Project Runway episode or two.

Edited by Fishy
(edited)

Gayle King, how has this woman been in broadcasting all these years?!? She was saying how she had spoken to Ariana Grande' s manager overnight, "I asked him how Ariana was after this incredible tragedy, and he goes 'she's not good at all'". He goes? I haven't spoken like that since I was in high school. That just really grinds my gears.

Kind of matches what we shake our hair our heads about with the level of unprofessional behavior we see at qvc, how so many are inarticulate and no one seems to care. 

Not to minimize how this Manchester tragedy is so stunning. That show was packed with many very young girls. Be safe out there, friends. :(

11 hours ago, hummingbird said:

Vanessa Williams on evine 

I like the look of her things 

Do I dare turn to qvc 

I ordered a chiffon-y sort of tank/cami from holly Robinson Peete on evine. It is beautiful. Well made and really pretty. 

Edited by seasons
No, please don't merge these posts.

I worked for a non profit agency years ago when Gayle was a young reporter just starting out. Before the live shot she nervously memorized her script by reading it over and over. The lights came on and she transformed into the professional reporter. It was amazing to watch.

She has come far in her career and maybe Oprah helped but just maybe she worked hard at it. I think it's a combination of both.

(edited)

Attention @Booney - re: Jacque's termination - wasn't sure if this would be off topic or not on the other thread but is it your opinion that they had her sign a document agreeing not to discuss the details of her departure and how long does it last?  I've never worked in an industry with non compete clauses, whatever, so was just wondering.  And in all the years of watching QVC and seeing departures, no one has ever posted anywhere the details of why or how they left.  Just a curious topic. 

Edited by Fishy
3 hours ago, rcc said:

I worked for a non profit agency years ago when Gayle was a young reporter just starting out. Before the live shot she nervously memorized her script by reading it over and over. The lights came on and she transformed into the professional reporter. It was amazing to watch.

She has come far in her career and maybe Oprah helped but just maybe she worked hard at it. I think it's a combination of both.

Good to read your actual knowledge of her because I used to wonder sometimes if she was, in fact, riding on Oprah's coattails, or what.  I always figured Oprah wouldn't stand for someone not pulling their weight, so she must have had some skills.

2 hours ago, Fishy said:

Attention @Booney - re: Jacque's termination - wasn't sure if this would be off topic or not on the other thread but is it your opinion that they had her sign a document agreeing not to discuss the details of her departure and how long does it last?  I've never worked in an industry with non compete clauses, whatever, so was just wondering.  And in all the years of watching QVC and seeing departures, no one has ever posted anywhere the details of why or how they left.  Just a curious topic. 

It's probably likely that's what they did, @Fishy. Especially if they gave her some sort of severance package - often those come with strings attached like agreeing not to sue, not discussing the details of her departure, etc. Non-competes usually last a year or 18 months, but since she most likely didn't leave on her own, I don't think it would come into play here. If they terminated her (or didn't renew her contract), they can't really prevent her from finding work by forcing her to honor a non-compete (again, unless they're paying her severance for a period of time).  If she left on her own, however, that would be a different story. She would be subject to any non-compete agreement in place.

6 hours ago, Fishy said:

In addition to the possibility of non-disclosure agreements, maybe the former hosts don't discuss their departures because they're hoping to get host jobs on other channels. By now, we longtime shopping channel viewers have seen various hosts leave one channel and turn up on another. If they said anything negative about the channel they left, it might hurt their chances to get a new host job. Although I would love to hear hosts dish some juicy dirt about their old channels, I can understand why they wouldn't want to do it.

I've noticed that when news reporters change channels, they seldom, if ever, say anything negative about their former employers. They always say something bland, like how they wanted a new opportunity. Meteorologists too. In my city, a man who had been the no. 2 meteorologist on one channel for many years left his channel and turned up a couple of months later as the chief meteorologist on a competing channel. I'm sure he left because he wanted the no. 1 position on the new channel (their top weather guy had just retired), and he'd realized that the chief guy on the old channel was so well entrenched that there would be little chance to ever be no. 1. But he's never said a word in public about why he changed channels.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

In addition to the possibility of non-disclosure agreements, maybe the former hosts don't discuss their departures because they're hoping to get host jobs on other channels. By now, we longtime shopping channel viewers have seen various hosts leave one channel and turn up on another. If they said anything negative about the channel they left, it might hurt their chances to get a new host job. Although I would love to hear hosts dish some juicy dirt about their old channels, I can understand why they wouldn't want to do it.

I've noticed that when news reporters change channels, they seldom, if ever, say anything negative about their former employers. They always say something bland, like how they wanted a new opportunity. Meteorologists too. In my city, a man who had been the no. 2 meteorologist on one channel for many years left his channel and turned up a couple of months later as the chief meteorologist on a competing channel. I'm sure he left because he wanted the no. 1 position on the new channel (their top weather guy had just retired), and he'd realized that the chief guy on the old channel was so well entrenched that there would be little chance to ever be no. 1. But he's never said a word in public about why he changed channels.

Never the former employer nor the competition do you trash.  You could need them one day, but besides that, it's incredibly unprofessional and says more about you than them. 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
(edited)
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Never the former employer nor the competition do you trash.  You could need them one day, but besides that, it's incredibly unprofessional and says more about you than them. 

I was just about to post the same thing.  It is just good business practice to avoid any negativity.  Certainly a new employer would not view it as a positive trait.  Which is why we sometimes have to be creative when asked why we left or are leaving the current job.

@lovemesomejoolery and other Y&R fans - Lily's twins!  WTH??

Edited by SentimentalLady
To to much
20 hours ago, Booney said:

It's probably likely that's what they did, @Fishy. Especially if they gave her some sort of severance package - often those come with strings attached like agreeing not to sue, not discussing the details of her departure, etc. Non-competes usually last a year or 18 months, but since she most likely didn't leave on her own, I don't think it would come into play here. If they terminated her (or didn't renew her contract), they can't really prevent her from finding work by forcing her to honor a non-compete (again, unless they're paying her severance for a period of time).  If she left on her own, however, that would be a different story. She would be subject to any non-compete agreement in place.

Not to contradict you at all....but I actually work in an industry with non-competes.  Two scenarios I have personally been involved in:

• in 2009 the company I worked for made all sales reps reapply for their jobs and there were a good many reps who were laid off.  I asked my attorney if I was laid off, would my non-compete be enforceable. The answer was, yes.  Even if they gave me severance, yes.  I could fight it in court, at my expense, and in all likelihood have the judge reduce the time (24 months), but in the meantime, other companies in my industry probably wouldn't hire me due to the non-compete and potential legal issues.  Injunctions would be filed, and basically the company that hires you has to wait out your non-compete while paying you!  So they avoid that, usually!  At the end of the day, non-competes are put in place to protect the company from losing business should an employee leave.
  • In 2012, for many reasons, I decided to leave my company after 23 years, and I had a solid non-compete.  The company I work for now provided me with an attorney and my legal fees were covered.  My non-compete was reduced significantly as long as I followed everything else in the contract to the letter.  Mainly, two things - I couldn't contact my former customers and - this is why I think we maybe do not hear much from hosts who leave QVC - I could not contact anyone who I used to work with at that company for the same time period.  The reason is because in most non-compete agreements, there is a non-disclosure clause as well as a non-solicitation clause.  You can't be seen as airing dirty laundry or be seen as trying to recruit people from your former company to your new company.  While the non-compete doesn't specifically say you can't talk to anyone from your former company, my attorney said not to, because it is the one clause that will get you in trouble - even the appearance of you trying to get people to come to your new place of business can land you in court, so he didn't want me talking to anyone at all.  It was a tough thing, because I wanted to say goodbye, I wanted to be able to call people back when they called me, but I just couldn't put my current company at risk by doing something stupid.

Every non-compete is different, and I also think it depends if you are employed in a Right to Work state or not.  I'm not saying that any of these hosts situations are my experience exactly, but I have seen a lot of non-competes in my time as a manager and they are all basically the same.......it's just the length of time you have to stay away from your former customers that is different!

11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yes!  I agree...it is unprofessional!

(edited)
52 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Not to contradict you at all....but I actually work in an industry with non-competes.  Two scenarios I have personally been involved in:

• in 2009 the company I worked for made all sales reps reapply for their jobs and there were a good many reps who were laid off.  I asked my attorney if I was laid off, would my non-compete be enforceable. The answer was, yes.  Even if they gave me severance, yes.  I could fight it in court, at my expense, and in all likelihood have the judge reduce the time (24 months), but in the meantime, other companies in my industry probably wouldn't hire me due to the non-compete and potential legal issues.  Injunctions would be filed, and basically the company that hires you has to wait out your non-compete while paying you!  So they avoid that, usually!  At the end of the day, non-competes are put in place to protect the company from losing business should an employee leave.
  • In 2012, for many reasons, I decided to leave my company after 23 years, and I had a solid non-compete.  The company I work for now provided me with an attorney and my legal fees were covered.  My non-compete was reduced significantly as long as I followed everything else in the contract to the letter.  Mainly, two things - I couldn't contact my former customers and - this is why I think we maybe do not hear much from hosts who leave QVC - I could not contact anyone who I used to work with at that company for the same time period.  The reason is because in most non-compete agreements, there is a non-disclosure clause as well as a non-solicitation clause.  You can't be seen as airing dirty laundry or be seen as trying to recruit people from your former company to your new company.  While the non-compete doesn't specifically say you can't talk to anyone from your former company, my attorney said not to, because it is the one clause that will get you in trouble - even the appearance of you trying to get people to come to your new place of business can land you in court, so he didn't want me talking to anyone at all.  It was a tough thing, because I wanted to say goodbye, I wanted to be able to call people back when they called me, but I just couldn't put my current company at risk by doing something stupid.

Every non-compete is different, and I also think it depends if you are employed in a Right to Work state or not.  I'm not saying that any of these hosts situations are my experience exactly, but I have seen a lot of non-competes in my time as a manager and they are all basically the same.......it's just the length of time you have to stay away from your former customers that is different!

Not contradicting at all - how non-competes are enforced can vary by state and by industry. There have been cases where the non-compete only specified that you can't solicit customers if you leave, not that you can't work for a competitor. There have been court cases where a judge decided that to prevent a terminated employee - who had a non-compete - from working for a competitor for a period of time was too much of a hardship on the former employee. So there are a number of ways they can be written and enforced (or not). One industry I worked in that had non-competes was not a direct-to-consumer industry. They tended to be less concerned about the non-compete when someone was laid off, or otherwise terminated.

Edited by Booney

I'm been retired for a while now, but did/does everyone still talk or think about "person most likely to bring an Uzi to work?"
There are occasionally someone at your office who makes you think about that.

35 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I'm been retired for a while now, but did/does everyone still talk or think about "person most likely to bring an Uzi to work?"

At my job, it's the customers. I'm waiting for one to go beyond the normal cussing and shouting. We did have one escalate to pushing and shoving. 

38 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I too am retired, but for a time in the hospital where I worked, we had a Doc. who was nuts. He was a bit looney, a gun collector and enthusiast, and had a hair trigger temper. We always joked ( sort of ) that one day he would come in armed. I always said I was going to be extra nice to him, so when that day came, he would let me go. It was one of those situations where you laughed, but it was a nervous laugh. He was let go, thank heavens, without incident.

44 minutes ago, Lady J said:

I too am retired, but for a time in the hospital where I worked, we had a Doc. who was nuts. He was a bit looney, a gun collector and enthusiast, and had a hair trigger temper. We always joked ( sort of ) that one day he would come in armed. I always said I was going to be extra nice to him, so when that day came, he would let me go. It was one of those situations where you laughed, but it was a nervous laugh. He was let go, thank heavens, without incident.

Yikes!

5 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Yes!  I agree...it is unprofessional!

Hmmm. Thinking of the rule about not contacting former coworkers, in Lisa R's situation. (Of course we have no idea what terms she, or any other former host, had to agree to when she left QVC.) She obviously keeps in touch with some current QVC vendors, such as Dr. Denese, since she reveals these relationships to the public on her FB page. But I can't recall seeing her post anything about visiting with/having lunch with/other contact with any current QVC hosts. She's posted various old photos of herself with other Q hosts back from the time when she worked there, but nothing new with them since she left. Am I mistaken about that?

Would a QVC vendor or manufacturer's rep (what we call an OAP, on-air personality) be an exception to the "no contact" rule, since they weren't QVC employees?

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

Hmmm. Thinking of the rule about not contacting former coworkers, in Lisa R's situation. (Of course we have no idea what terms she, or any other former host, had to agree to when she left QVC.) She obviously keeps in touch with some current QVC vendors, such as Dr. Denese, since she reveals these relationships to the public on her FB page. But I can't recall seeing her post anything about visiting with/having lunch with/other contact with any current QVC hosts. She's posted various old photos of herself with other Q hosts back from the time when she worked there, but nothing new with them since she left. Am I mistaken about that?

Would a QVC vendor or manufacturer's rep (what we call an OAP, on-air personality) be an exception to the "no contact" rule, since they weren't QVC employees?

I don't know, those things are spelled out in the agreement, at least it was in mine.  But keep in mind, the "no contact" rule isn't written into the agreement as part of the non-solicitation clause, at least it wasn't in mine.  I would think that would be a hard one to enforce legally. In my case, it was my attorney's rule so that my former company couldn't say I was trying to recruit my former co-workers to come to the company I was now working for.  His thinking on that was that if you simply don't have contact, your former company can't ever, as a nuisance only, go to the courts and complain that you violated the agreement.  Because my company was paying for the attorney, and spending a great sum of money to do so, I did what he told me!  And, the non-solicitation clause is only in effect for the time period as stated in the agreement, or the time period that a judge says if you end up in court trying to fight it.  No one has the right to keep you from talking to anyone ad infinitum! 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
(edited)
2 hours ago, ennui said:

At my job, it's the customers. I'm waiting for one to go beyond the normal cussing and shouting. We did have one escalate to pushing and shoving. 

It's the customers I worry about, too. Several times I've had to deal with ridiculously over-the-top bad customers. Even speaking slowly and explaining logically and simply to some people doesn't work. You still get lunacy. 

One time I felt threatened and had to call security. Much to my surprise no one in security answered the phone. This is still fairly recent. We are told constantly to call security if something happens or even if we think something could happen. I call... ring ring, ring ring. After 30 seconds I had to improvise and pretend I was talking to someone. Now I know that sometimes security doesn't pick up the dang phone. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
10 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

I would imagine that rule is in place to try and mitigate any damages done by folks sharing their salary/benefit package with current employees, providing them fodder for their next contract negotiations.  I would venture to say it's probably an unsuccessful tactic.  It would seem to me that if LR has a non-compete that prevents her from communicating with former co-workers, it would also prevent her from selling jewelry/clothing via social media/website?  Given that she also highlights products currently being sold on the Q (clearly with compensation of some sort), seems like that would be a violation, if she is indeed under contract of some sort.  Perhaps current employees have simply requested that she refrain from posting photos/discussing them while they are currently employed by the Q, just to avoid any semblance of impropriety.

This is really just uninformed babbling on my part.  Thinking out loud, lol.

11 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

You got me thinking about that, @Coffeecup. I can't remember any recent photos of her with current hosts, although I think she was hanging out with Albany while Albany was still employed there. She posts a lot of pics of her with former hosts, like Kathy Levine, and with vendors as you mentioned. Did Mary Beth's son get married since Lisa left? I seem to recall lots of wedding photos with Q hosts, but I can't remember if Lisa was in them.

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It would seem to me that if LR has a non-compete that prevents her from communicating with former co-workers, it would also prevent her from selling jewelry/clothing via social media/website?

I'm sure LisaR's non-compete has expired by now. They are not indefinite.

(edited)
15 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

It's the customers I worry about, too. Several times I've had to deal with ridiculously over-the-top bad customers. Even speaking slowly and explaining logically and simply to some people doesn't work. You still get lunacy. 

One time I felt threatened and had to call security. Much to my surprise no one in security answered the phone. This is still fairly recent. We are told constantly to call security if something happens or even if we think something could happen. I call... ring ring, ring ring. After 30 seconds I had to improvise and pretend I was talking to someone. Now I know that sometimes security doesn't pick up the dang phone. 

My gosh, that is scary! I hope no real emergency rises in your workplace, like some enraged customer with a weapon.

Reminds me of our local police. They always tell us (such as our neighborhood association) to call 911 if we see anything that looks wrong or suspicious. Yet sometimes when we make the calls, they don't do much because they don't treat it as a priority. For example, if we spot some stranger repeatedly driving slowly around the neighborhood (like they would be looking for a vulnerable house or parked car to burglarize), we can call 911, but if the person isn't doing anything obviously wrong, the police don't see it as something serious.

Edited by Coffeecup
8 minutes ago, Coffeecup said:

if we spot some stranger repeatedly driving slowly around the neighborhood

I wouldn't consider that a threat, either; could be someone looking for an address. Usually, if you see someone that you think is casing the neighborhood, just go out, let them know you see them, and try to take a picture of their license plate. They usually leave quickly. 

1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

My gosh, that is scary! I hope no real emergency rises in your workplace, like some enraged customer with a weapon.

Reminds me of our local police. They always tell us (such as our neighborhood association) to call 911 if we see anything that looks wrong or suspicious. Yet sometimes when we make the calls, they don't do much because they don't treat it as a priority. For example, if we spot some stranger repeatedly driving slowly around the neighborhood (like they would be looking for a vulnerable house or parked car to burglarize), we can call 911, but if the person isn't doing anything obviously wrong, the police don't see it as something serious.

Thanks, I hope there isn't an incident either. Earlier this week I went through the refresher training on "Run, Hide, Fight" if something happens at work. 

What caused me to be concerned one night at work was 4 teenagers were acting out of the ordinary. It's a long detailed story I can bypass. The 3 teenage boys and 1 girl were acting up. One of the boys asked me what would happen if he went to his car and came back with a gun. I pointed to the 2 cameras recording him and told him we have great security. That's when I picked up the phone. I didn't know I was going to have to pretend. LOL. The teenagers decided to go somewhere else to be idiots. BUT, I did wonder if that guy might come back in with a weapon. 

Six months ago, 2 security guys came to me and told me that 3 teenage boys/men were shoplifting. I was in no way supposed to try and stop them. At least 1 or more had a gun. I was supposed to talk to them nicely, help them if they ask, and let them walk out the door where security nabbed them before they knew what was happening. I was so worried I was going to say the wrong thing. One of the women I worked with quit a week later.

I think it is very sad the way our workplaces and schools have become more and more like armed camps.  I understand the need for security, but it hurts a little each time they shave off yet another slice of our personal liberty.

@TexasTiffany, I hope your security people take good care of you.

(edited)

Thank you, @Denver Hoosier. I hope they do, too. 

I've started updating my resume. I want to see if I can get a better job somewhere else. It might be time to move on soon. 

Edited by TexasTiffany
13 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

I think it is very sad the way our workplaces and schools have become more and more like armed camps.

We do it to ourselves. People are so angry. We had a customer shove an employee, and the employee quit on the spot. It's the wild west. 

5 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

Thank you, @Denver Hoosier. I hope they do, too. 

I've started updating my resume. I want to see if I can get a better job somewhere else. It might be time to move on soon. 

Best of luck on the job search.  From ehat I have read, unemployment is currently low.  This should be a good time to test the job waters.

I occasionally look at other job listings, but from what I've heard, the economy isn't strong enough (yet, fingers crossed). We do not live in a world where you can quit your job with confidence that you can easily get another one. Too many of us are trapped in poor jobs. The unemployment rate doesn't include people who have simply given up, or their benefits have expired and they've statistically dropped off. 

I had some extensive dental work TH morning, deep cleaning  and descaling to ward off incipient gum disease.  Now I can't sleep because my whole mouth is throbbing.  Dumb ole me said no to pain med I was offered and now I am regretting my heroics. Advil just is not helping.  Good  thing there are lots of forums to read.  lol

(edited)
4 hours ago, Denver Hoosier said:

I had some extensive dental work TH morning, deep cleaning  and descaling to ward off incipient gum disease.  Now I can't sleep because my whole mouth is throbbing.  Dumb ole me said no to pain med I was offered and now I am regretting my heroics. Advil just is not helping.  Good  thing there are lots of forums to read.  lol

1.  Call dentist back and get a script.  2.  Have someone fetch you some Orajel - it's temporary, but it helps  3.  Warm, not hot, Sleepy Time tea

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
On 5/24/2017 at 8:14 PM, auntjess said:

Worked with a guy once who had a picture of a  cult leader and his desk and who freaked out several times when people said "God Bless You"

Stopped at the Q Studio Store the other day while driving thru the Philly area.  Was in and out quick, depressing selection of merchandise just like on the air.  Was nicer when I was there a few years back.

Enjoying quiet time at the beach.  It is such a great place for people watching!

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a short-cut cobbler type recipe.  Here's another similar desert that doesn't look like it could get any easier:

http://www.allcuteallthetime.com/this_cherry_pie_bubble_up_casserole_is_everything_you_could_ever_want_in_a_dessert

Thanks for the recipe! I was planning to make the first recipe you posted. The ingredients were on my grocery list. My market is out of pie fillings for the moment while they renovate some aisles. I didn't want to chance changing the recipe up. It's still on my grocery list for the future. 

8 hours ago, Denver Hoosier said:

SSE gave excellent tips. I hope you get relief quickly. 

Thank you, SSE!  Good tips indeed.  I called the dentist first thing this am.  He called in a scrip for a mouth rinse with numbing properties he said would help.  It did.  I must have looked like a crazed druggie guzzling my mouth rinse out of the bottle in the parking lot and spitting the used rinse out my car window - lol - but I just couldn't wait another minute for relief.

I had been drinking warm, not hot, tea, but didn't have any Sleepy Time.  I picked that up at the store, too.

And thank YOU for the good wishes TT.

39 minutes ago, Denver Hoosier said:

Thank you, SSE!  Good tips indeed.  I called the dentist first thing this am.  He called in a scrip for a mouth rinse with numbing properties he said would help.  It did.  I must have looked like a crazed druggie guzzling my mouth rinse out of the bottle in the parking lot and spitting the used rinse out my car window - lol - but I just couldn't wait another minute for relief.

I had been drinking warm, not hot, tea, but didn't have any Sleepy Time.  I picked that up at the store, too.

And thank YOU for the good wishes TT.

Whiskey might work, too.  ;-)   Glad that mouth rinse worked.