Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Leuh & Justin

Leuh is a stupid girl. She got tattoos to impress a guy she has never even seen, she is planning on moving to another state to be with a guy she has never even seen, & the only reason she's in a relationship with him now is because Catfish forced him into it. She is going to uproot her entire life & he's going to dump her.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 10

She didn't go hard on him at all!! She was all googly eyes once she saw him. I think she believes what she wants to believe aka every single word he says because, like she said, she wants it to work out badly. I'm disappointed that she's getting tattoos to be more his type. Sometimes I'm ashamed of my own gender and this is one of those moments.

• Love 10

Wow, Leuh was just a new level of stupid. The worst kind of "pick me" girl. I feel really sorry for her. It literally did not matter what he'd done or what any of his excuses were, as long as he was standing in front of her saying "you're pretty, let's hang out." 

God I hope she knows someone else in California. That was so depressing.

• Love 7

Tara, I started to read your post but then got sucked into the vortex of "that poor idiot's blog," as you so aptly put it, and oh my gaaaaaah. Here are the other names she was considering for her unborn child before she settled on Lakynn: 

Taylee

McKarty
Nayvie
Maylee
Kamree
Nykee
Taislee
Taigley
Tenley
McKamey
McKartnee
Tayvie

TAYVIE. I CANNOT.

• Love 1

Then again, the blogger's own name is McKinli and her husband's name is Devan, so... at least they come by it honestly?

Also I don't know how I let McKartnee and Nykee slip by unremarked upon, but my fingers can only type so fast.

I once worked with a woman who made her son's name "unique" by spelling it Adum. Which made me want to ask, "a dumb what?" Apparently Leuh's mom went to that same school of originality-through-misspelling.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

My favorite is Taigley. It's not just that sound you make when something gets stuck in your throat, it's a name you can saddle a poor innocent baby with!

I too hope Leuh (ugh) knows someone else in California. Or that Justin has the decency to block her (again) before she can make the trip. She still won't accept what's going on, but at least it might keep her from going out there.

• Love 2

Tara, I started to read your post but then got sucked into the vortex of "that poor idiot's blog," as you so aptly put it, and oh my gaaaaaah. Here are the other names she was considering for her unborn child before she settled on Lakynn: 

Taylee

McKarty

Nayvie

Maylee

Kamree

Nykee

Taislee

Taigley

Tenley

McKamey

McKartnee

Tayvie

TAYVIE. I CANNOT.

I can't believe you got stuck on "Tayvie" when "McKarty" was in the mix!

Then again, the blogger's own name is McKinli and her husband's name is Devan, so... at least they come by it honestly?

Also I don't know how I let McKartnee and Nykee slip by unremarked upon, but my fingers can only type so fast.

Did I miss something on this weeks episode ? What are you guys talking about?

• Love 2

Oh holy hell, I got caught in the vortex & almost didn't make it out.   Of "that" blog, I mean.  

Her first child was a boy and they named him "Titan".  I'm serious.  The girl she had in 2012 (Where these names were featured) was named "Laikynn".  I guess adding the "i" made it easier to pronounce.  But, the thing is: 

They are procreating again.  *shudder*  Another boy. 

http://mommyslittlesunshine.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2017-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=5

I have no more words....

Did I miss something on this weeks episode ? What are you guys talking about?

What does it say when more people are talking about something mentioned in the recap than the episode itself?

The latter actually solves the problem of whether to pronounce the "e" in "Nike". Leuh is moving to the right state; California is known for creative naming.

• Love 2

LORD. I had a debate with someone once about whether names can be misspelled. She said no; I disagreed. I stand by that. "Leuh" looks wrong and awful, as does every single name on that woman's blog.

Leuh. Girl. Get it together. "I wanna be his type?" You have not seen him in person. This is not real. I hope she knows some other people in CA, because she is going to get cheated on.

• Love 2

I will say that the misguided name spellers have actually helped me a bit, even this late in my life.  For most of my years, people have mispronounced my name as "Lay" or "Lye" or however many other mangled versions there are. 

When the mommies started up with the "Kayleigh" and "Ashleigh" spellings, it actually started dawning on people that the correct pronunciation of "Leigh" is "Lee".  *ROFL*  (For me, it was for Vivian Leigh and my Brit dad).  

• Love 2

It is pretty obvious Leuh (agreed, stupid spelling) has poor self esteem. She says she grew up being teased for her looks. So she latched on to the first good looking guy that gave her attention.

Pretty much a recipe to be a mans doormat.

The guy was living in a huge house in Huntington Beach, so he obviously has money but can't afford a webcam or a car that can make it to Vegas (about a 5 hour trip). Bullshit...yes, it was his dads, but I doubt he wouldn't buy his son a damn web cam or keep his car running.

Sadly, this is the type of guy that will cheat on her and she will continuously forgive him because he tells her that she is "special" that he loves HER and not those other women...and she will buy it.

He just knew all the right things to say right off. Seriously, you refuse to see her and then when you are FORCED to you start talking about a WEDDING?! He knows just how to manipulate a girl with low self esteem.

As much as I don't want to feel sorry for her, I do...

Edited by Jenkins
  • Love 6

Nayvie was in the top 5 names. NAYVIE. Not even "Navy". Sigh.

I really wish this episode had done what they did last week and invited Kentucky Jamie along for the trip. I feel like that would have been a pretty good shit-show.

Edited by marny
  • Love 2

It really makes me sad when women have this low of a sense of self worth and self esteem. The lines this guy was running and his manipulation was clear to everyone involved, and you could tell this girl knew it but was just so enamored that she's choosing to ignore it. Sigh. I don't see it going well for her.

• Love 5

When I saw the description of this ep in my Tivo's lineup, I thought "Leuh" was probably a name of non-American origin. Maybe Asian? Nope, just plain old "Leah" but spelled moronically. Me and my wife kept calling her Lee-UHHH while watching.

Aside from her stupid name, I'd be shocked if the move to California actually happens. I'm sure he'll feed her more BS and tell her "it's not a good time right now, I need to save money, I'm not sure if I'm ready, etc.," and they'll be back in the same place they started. But with more video chatting.

• Love 3

I think this was a total set up by Justin in that he wanted to be on TV and Leuh may have been in on it, maybe using it as their way to meet (free airfare!).  Think about it, why would his BFF, Todd, rat out exactly where he was when he knew Justin was adamantly against it?  Plus, his father wanting to meet her, obviously so he could report back to Justin so he could prepare for it, be it negative or positive.  Also, the Jamie chick came off as bullshit too; she sounded so rehearsed with the "low down dirty blah blah blah" speech. 

Just a theory, but after watching it again, something stinks in Huntington Beach.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 11

I really wish this episode had done what they did last week and invited Kentucky Jamie along for the trip. I feel like that would have been a pretty good shit-show.

Right?

At the end, when Nev and Max played up the whole "oh, look how happy they are" angle, I yelled "WHAT ABOUT JAMIE!?".  Why wasn't anyone questioning  that douche about his relationship with Jamie?

I just don't understand this---Le-UGH didn't even ASK Justin about Jamie!  She didn't ask ANY of the important questions she SHOULD have asked.  Girl was so eager to be his boner-buddy, she completely lost all sense of logic.

..and Justin...ugh.  I know young guys play the field, but a more sleazy, greasy dude would be hard to find.  The minute he said she was more beautiful in person, I knew the "SCORE!" button lit up in his head.

I wonder if they'll be featured in the "review" package?

• Love 7

I'm glad she's moving to California, where at least the weather is nice and she'll have the opportunity to meet some new people.

Her mother and best friend have told her they think this BF is BS. So clearly she doesn't have any trust in them, and they are the best she has. Therefore, it seems to me that she does need to get out of her home town.

Apparently her early years were so traumatic that she would rather have a "relationship" with someone who stands her up for dates, blocks her when she tries to meet, and who she has not made any effort to learn things about through the usual channels even when she's suspicious... than try with anyone she can actually meet where she grew up. So either the locals are all so abusive that this shithead looks better by comparison, or her PTSD is so extreme that only getting away from the scene of the trauma has any hope of shaking her out of her chronically vacant state.

It's super sad. I hope she finds her way.

• Love 2

Leuh (argh) is dumber than box of rocks. I wish Nev and Max came down harder on this dude. What about Jamie? Oh, and suddenly he has a video cam to chat with her? Riiiight.

First, I really don't give two shits how Leuh spells her name and I don't get the "name police" bullshit.  Not everybody's name should be Mary Anne or Anne Marie.

Second, Leuh is silly, just plain silly.  Justin lied to her when he said that Jamie was just a friend.  Jamie had the exact same story as Leuh; she met Justin on Instagram, fell in love with him and was thinking about  moving to California.  Justin was stringing this woman along too.  

Look, I understand wanting to be in a relationship, but what makes a woman, a person attractive is when they have their own agenda, their own life, separate from their partner's.  Justin probably didn't want to meet up with her because he didn't think she was attractive, he thought he was being catfished.  When Justin's dad met Leuh, he probably told his son that she was a beautiful girl, only then I feel, did Justin want to meet Leuh. 

Justin probably didn't want to meet up with her because he didn't think she was attractive, he thought he was being catfished.

Then all he had to do was video chat with her or meet with her like she wanted. He would know for sure then & he could end it. He was the one refusing face to face contact, not Leuh.

• Love 4

Then all he had to do was video chat with her or meet with her like she wanted. He would know for sure then & he could end it. He was the one refusing face to face contact, not Leuh.

He probably didn't want to video chat because he thought she wouldn't be attractive.  I think the only reason he agreed to meet her was when he heard what she looked like.  

He probably didn't want to video chat because he thought she wouldn't be attractive.  I think the only reason he agreed to meet her was when he heard what she looked like.  

That's probably why he continued to see her, but he never agreed to meet her, they ambushed him at the beach after he repeatedly said he didn't want to be on the show.

• Love 2

Can you imagine other names with 'uh' instead of 'a' or 'ah'? Lisuh, Rituh, Ninuh, Annuh, Tinuh...and I could go on and on and on and on.

At least their spellings would agree with their pronunciations. Somebody earlier gave the example of "Leigh", which apparently doesn't rhyme with "sleigh", "neigh" or "weigh" even though it's spelled like it should.

• Love 1

How exactly do you see someone on a beach and say "oh I wonder if that's him?  Let's go!" (with all the camera people in tow)

Obviously we know that these are set up to an extent because you just don't see the tons of people creeping up on you on what seems to be a fairly empty beach lol

And his friend ratting him out was WAAAYYYY too convenient. 

That guy was pretty hot though, but he gave me player vibes which was a huge turnoff. 

• Love 5

Leuh was ok looking (the spelling of that name makes me think of a girl twirling her hair and saying "uhmmmm") She'll do OK in SoCal once Justin dumps her, which is totally going to happen once he bangs her a couple of times.

The dude lives in Huntington Beach in a nice house with his parents. He's nice looking, he's fit, he knows the right things to say so I'm going to assume that he's not hurting for potential female companions...yet he chooses to string along two long distance relationships that he can attend to when convenient. 

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. 

• Love 5
On 3/10/2016 at 3:15 PM, Jenkins said:

The guy was living in a huge house in Huntington Beach, so he obviously has money but can't afford a webcam or a car that can make it to Vegas (about a 5 hour trip). Bullshit...yes, it was his dads, but I doubt he wouldn't buy his son a damn web cam or keep his car running.

If he has a cell phone that’s relatively new (his selfies show he has one) he can video chat on his phone. I have a friend that calls me and we video chat all the time.

This episode is on again right now, I keep finding new stupid things to make note of.

Another thing I spotted. Production must think we’re really slow .... or as dumb as Leuh. Production had to go meet up with Justin on the beach and get a mike on him before they started filming that scene.