Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: 6 Months Later

• Start Topic

I'm not ready to crucify Tres over these new revelations. I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that he was just stringing her along the whole time. I think he went into this with sincerity and he genuinely hoped his feelings for her would grow and develop into something more, but they never did and he didn't know how to get out. Yes, he handled it badly and should have just been honest with her at the end of the six weeks. But he is still not comparable to Ashley, who decided from day one it was over and never put any effort into the experiment whatsoever.

For sure when compared with Ashley Tres is not as bad a person in general, but I think what he did to Vanessa is worse than what Ashley did to David because of the degree to which Vanessa got hurt by his poor handling of the situation. I think it's important to note that David was never in love with Ashley, BS talking heads about him falling for her aside, while I think Vanessa was falling for Tres and was really hurt by the way he handled her - More hurt than she needed to be.  I don't think Vanessa's feelings were any secret if it even comes through to the audience on the show so he should have known that and had enough respect for her not to want to potentially hurt her any further.  A "real man" would have been open about being unsure so as not to set her up for an even bigger fall later in agreeing to want to continue the marriage at the 6 week mark but then dumping her later.  I believe he knew he really didn't want to continue but just didn't want to fess up to it publicly.  He wanted to make it look like he gave it a fair chance.  He didn't think about Vanessa's feelings in doing this.  He should have let her know.

How badly was David hurt by Ashley's actions (or inaction)?  I don't think much.  I think he was pissed but his feelings were never hurt.  So if the severity of the "crime" is to be judged by the severity of the damage done, I think Tres did more damage than Ashley.  If the severity of the "crime" is to be judged on intentions alone, Ashley wins hands down on being the worse of the two.  Tres is just guilty of being young and immature - He may grow up one day and not do such shitty things as he seems like a decent person overall.  Ashley, however, I believe is just evil to the core.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 5

I never saw that Tres was truly into Vanessa. From day 1 he would have this look on his face after she kissed him or said something to him that showed he was checked out. Then he was able to play the sympathy card because of how insecure Vanessa was acting. He was never going to stay with her off-camera IMO.

Yes! I posted that during the honeymoon she kept kissing and clawing him and he did not respond
  • Love 6
What I don't understand is how with so many applicants they could not come up with six people who actually were interested in marriage. I could find six people in the area I live in who were more interested in marriage (and more ready for it) than Sam, Ashley, and Tres. These "experts" suck.

Yes, but are those six people camera ready and would they want to be filmed for six weeks?  That's the hard part.  

Edited by Neurochick

Ok so finally could watch this one. Sorry but Sam claiming she changed entirely is such a joke.She changed the skype convo too. She is saying she told him I don't know when she actually turned that I miss you question around on him. OMG Pepper is such an idiot!!! Considering Sam has shown she has not changed during the time the show aired with her behavior on SM and still. Everything is always about her. Pepper should have called her out more but no she is terrible at this. She needs to be fired. And this show needs to learn to edit things better when you show Neil really saying what he said about wanting to get a divorce and not the I'm committed to, a pause and then divorce. See Neil felt like most do when dealing with people like Sam, that is them that is the problem. Pepper telling him that she felt maybe it was Sam's way to ask him to stand up for himself??!!!! WTF???? Sorry but what is wrong with this woman? The times he did try to stand up Sam had fits and either walked away or kicked him out. The lady only wants to push them together to have a couple made from this show more then being concerned about the effects someone like Sam would have on a person in the long run. Really I doubt Sam loves anything more then that she could be a horrible bitch to Neil and nothing more if they were to ever be in any relationship. I don't buy her apology at all. She is trying to save face. Typiclal way people like her behave. The "oh I'm sorry I acted this way" sob sob feel the guilt trip so you will feel for me and let me trample on you again soon. I don't like Pepper trying to push them together. Its not ok at all. Hopefully they finalize that divorce asap. Even being a friend to someone like her will get tiring. 

Pepper thinking Ashley would "blossom" because of David. This is showing how bad she is at her job..along with the other experts. I will give her this Pepper did say that looking back that Ashley looked at David and that was the end right there. What most of us had been saying from the get go. Ashley talking about not connecting on any level. Well can't imagine why when she didn't say a word to him when he tried to get to know her. The only reason the poor guy pushed was thanks to Pepper and her buddies but they never would expect responsibility in that happening. So over that text thing. She used it as her way out and nothing more. She is such a joke. The faces she is making are terrible. While I agree I am not sure what she is thinking on the makeup and outfit. She never once had makeup on during the 6 weeks that came off that heavy/dark. To me it was like she was going out clubbing right after that time with Pepper or some date (if so hope he likes heavy makeup). OMG her standing up for herself and the hurting his feelings. Give me a break. She could care less about hurting him. As I said before she could have said from the get go she wasn't feeling it and didn't think she would ever but let's be friends and nothing more. She could have spoke up at anytime but she decided to be a cold dead fish. Glad David saw that he should have realized it early on. Again with Pepper blaming him for pressing harder...why doesn't she apologize to David for being one of the experts to push him to be that way with Ashley. Way to take frickin sides on that text crap Pepper. I think after this he will have plenty of women lined up to date him. Hopefully he has learned a few things from this to help him in finding what he wants for his future spouse. 

OMG the editing again with Pepper and Vanessa. Once scene she is crying the next she isn't after the pan back from Pepper to Vanessa or Pepper is leaning forward and all of a sudden she is back all the way in her seat. That was badly done. I get what Vanessa was saying about them not having sex anymore. It can make one (male or female) wonder what is up and wrong with themselves. Who wouldn't be pissed if the person they are in a relationship with came home at 5am like that. That was just cold on how Tres with that. He obviously wasn't in this for the right reasons from the get go. I knew it once it was out that he wasn't looking for marriage and the show talked him into it basically. As well as he was spending big money at clubs all the time on the weekends. To me that doesn't scream I want to get married and stop clubbing like that. No wonder he would have to prove himself to Vanessa. There was no way he was going to if he was out late into the morning hours. Pepper is so stupid about it all. The whole pushing these people to stay together. If its not going to work its not going to work. The whole thing with stopping the intimacy reason was such a crock on his part. If he was so concerned with building up a friendship first he wouldn't have pushed towards the sex during the 6 weeks and would have had that on hold during that time. I don't blame Vanessa for not looking at Tres during this at times. I can imagine it would have been hard to do so. 

I will say this that at least Tres/Vanessa and Neil/Sam were able to be in the same room during these things. Neil, Tres and Vanessa during this all seem to be more adult about most things and how they carried themselves outside the show during it from what I know of from this site and shown under the SM thread. Can't say the same about Sam on that though. 

• Love 7

I really cannot stomach Ashley. Even with 6 months to reflect, she still can't throw the guy an apology. Instead, all she has is " he shouldn't have texted the girl" and " I shouldn't have held my feelings back because I deserve better than that"..

Ashley has feelings? 

How badly was David hurt by Ashley's actions (or inaction)?  I don't think much.  I think he was pissed but his feelings were never hurt.

Hmmm, I have to disagree.  I don't know for sure but how could his feelings not be hurt?  He said in his THs that his wife didn't like him.  That has to hurt.  And she said in that one session with Cilona (I think) that she didn't find David attractive and wasn't feeling it.  Again, how can that not hurt your feelings? 

I don't think David fell in love with Ashley, despite what he may have been saying about falling for her.  I think he wanted to and I think he was trying to make himself because hey, this was his wife.  I do agree that he was pissed, mainly because  Ashley didn't even try and she used the Facebook thing as an out and her go-to to explain her horrid behavior.

Vanessa, on the other hand, got her heart broken.  I think she fell in love with Tres and that's far more painful than just having your feelings hurt or getting pissed.

• Love 3

I so agree with Kira about Neil ....at the wedding he was lively, stood straight, looked pretty good in the tux, smiling....he began to withdraw and shrink and almost disappear under Sam's treatment of him....I am glad he didn't take her back. I truly resent Pepper now...ugh...she is like an old madam trying to get some fake romance going for the money she makes from this show...what a sellout.

I realize people don't like the fact that Ashley withdrew so much...but really the bachelor show had the same problem when they used to cast "new" guys...some women were just not attracted to them...and dropped out quickly. That is why they now usually use retreads from previous bachelorette shows....the women have a "crush" on the lead (and same for bachelorette) I guess it is ok for them to still have people who realize this is "not for me" and drop out. I don't think the MAFS contract allows that or I bet Ashley would have dropped out in the first weeks.

While it is not great tv I don't think a woman should have to be with a guy she is not attracted to - or actually dislikes. None of us have "been" with David...but maybe we have had a blind date we could not wait to get rid of....??

Some of the comments make me laugh..."evil"?? Ouch....maybe not "good tv" but evil?

I do find it disturbing that the producers married her off before they got David's background check results. That is asinine. Yes she didn't "know" that during the show and yes she played some games with the "textgate" and now with the "criminal record" but the fact is this is truly frightening

At this point I think before you call her  "whore" one must look to the old bleached blond madam running the show now

Pepper is a disgrace. After last season's fiasco this woman still is ignoring facts. She was horrible on the 6 mo show...

Where was Kevin? Hey where are the sugar gliders that Pepper liked so much?

I actually feel Cilona did the best job this season....I know many make fun f him but he was a lot better than Pepper. Guess she needs the bucks for more plastic surgery

all the whore and stripper comments are funny too when we have women who put out on the first night and got dumped, other women who "consummated" the marriage and then got dumped....I have said it before and will say it again - this show is not as "fun" as some others...there is a very real possibility to get hurt and put yourself out there.  I do wonder how much she wanted "out" and off this show? The fact that Ashley is not giving interviews and is not pushing an online store or blog or whatever does show she probably just wants to put this behind her

Unfortunately as the seasons go we will see more fame seekers and more loony tunes I do fear. Jason and Courtney were a one time fluke ?

• Love 1

One thing that struck me was during Sam and Neil's part- the flashback to their wedding... Neil looked like a totally different person!! He was so lively, had a personality, smiled a lot. His whole face lit up. Even on the wedding night when he put on the big spoon onesie he was full of personality, looked happy. After a week with Sam he totally changed.  He was emotionless, closed off, timid. He hardly ever smiled.  He seemed  beat down, was walking on eggshells, looked like Sam had sucked the life out of him. I can't  believe the experts glossed over Sam's abuse.  Dr Pepper is such a fraud. Smiling acting so happy that Sam has "changed" Sam hasn't changed, she's totally fake!! She just saw that she looked like a deranged asshole on tv and wants to save face.  Sam makes everything about her. She never apologized to Neil for how she treated him. If he wasn't acting so indifferent toward her she wouldn't be waving this so-called redemption arc in his face. If Neil was into her she would be treating him just as she did the first four weeks of the experiment.  Dr Pepper seemed overjoyed like it was such a huge accomplishment that Neil and Sam were trying to be friends. Hello! As someone else pointed out this show isn't called Friends at First sight. These people are supposed to be married and see if it works out. This pairing did not work!! Accept it. These two haven't even really kissed. They never had sex in six months! Very basic things that couples who are not even married do all the time! Neil isn't into Sam. He will never forget how she treated him because it really was that brutal.

These "experts" suck. 

They do suck. Pepper (won't even say Dr. before it because she is a joke) totally glossed over Sam's abusive behavior and it being all about her. It wasn't just in the first 2 weeks she was this way but the whole time. She hasn't changed and won't. Yet I think many of us saw that change in Neil because of her and it was sad. To see Pepper trying to push them together was disgusting.   

Ashley has feelings? 

Hmmm, I have to disagree.  I don't know for sure but how could his feelings not be hurt?  He said in his THs that his wife didn't like him.  That has to hurt.  And she said in that one session with Cilona (I think) that she didn't find David attractive and wasn't feeling it.  Again, how can that not hurt your feelings? 

I don't think David fell in love with Ashley, despite what he may have been saying about falling for her.  I think he wanted to and I think he was trying to make himself because hey, this was his wife.  I do agree that he was pissed, mainly because  Ashley didn't even try and she used the Facebook thing as an out and her go-to to explain her horrid behavior.

Vanessa, on the other hand, got her heart broken.  I think she fell in love with Tres and that's far more painful than just having your feelings hurt or getting pissed.

Agree with this. I think David was hurt but not the same as Vanessa. Like you said Vanessa's was more heartbroken hurt. While David's I think was more disappointed and embarrassed hurt.

BTW, I looked up Pepper. I never heard of it but she was part of setting up a dating site that is now going bye bye and directing people to one that is more "adult"/hookup like site. As well it seems she left her 23 yr marriage. That is according to one thing I saw and another site has her talking about her hooks after that. I had never looked up these "experts" before but boy would I not want advice from this woman on a damn thing. I hope with the next season we see all new experts coming in. Not sure it will help but who knows. I just know this was a horrible reunion show with no one being held accountable for how they behaved at all and Pepper just pushing for couples to be together just because she thinks so. UGH

• Love 2

While it is not great tv I don't think a woman should have to be with a guy she is not attracted to - or actually dislikes. None of us have "been" with David...but maybe we have had a blind date we could not wait to get rid of....??

Some of the comments make me laugh..."evil"?? Ouch....maybe not "good tv" but evil?

I do find it disturbing that the producers married her off before they got David's background check results. That is asinine. Yes she didn't "know" that during the show and yes she played some games with the "textgate" and now with the "criminal record" but the fact is this is truly frightening

At this point I think before you call her  "whore" one must look to the old bleached blond madam running the show now

Pepper is a disgrace. After last season's fiasco this woman still is ignoring facts. She was horrible on the 6 mo show...

Where was Kevin? Hey where are the sugar gliders that Pepper liked so much?

I actually feel Cilona did the best job this season....I know many make fun f him but he was a lot better than Pepper. Guess she needs the bucks for more plastic surgery

all the whore and stripper comments are funny too when we have women who put out on the first night and got dumped, other women who "consummated" the marriage and then got dumped....I have said it before and will say it again - this show is not as "fun" as some others...there is a very real possibility to get hurt and put yourself out there.  I do wonder how much she wanted "out" and off this show? The fact that Ashley is not giving interviews and is not pushing an online store or blog or whatever does show she probably just wants to put this behind her

Unfortunately as the seasons go we will see more fame seekers and more loony tunes I do fear. Jason and Courtney were a one time fluke ?

The issue with Ashley is she could have actually made herself look like a decent person had she just friend zoned the guy instead of cold dead fish act. If she had friend zoned him from the get go and talked to him as one things would have been different with them. No one would be calling her out like they do. Text gate wouldn't have happened for her to use as her excuse for everything. I know I get not being attracted to someone but I also understand how to have some manners and not be an ass to others as well. 

The whore thing, Ashley not at all. She is just cold and mean. While I agree the makeup and outfit for this was not good...I don't see her as a whore. Pepper yes and in many ways could be considered and looked at as one. Especially after reading what I did about her. 

As for Ashley not doing interviews...she has her Mommy doing them for her. She has her family and friends that had been doing all the SM instead so she didn't open her mouth. She is also probably afraid one of these people will truly call her out on her BS as well and she wouldn't be able to answer honestly any of it or would be all ummmm I can't answer that right now I'm tired/need space/etc.

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 6

I don't really need the "experts" to "call people out" on their behavior.  The probably won't do that on TV.  I also don't need the "experts" to verify what I felt in my gut, about these people.  

Here's the thing, this is a reality show, not a documentary, but a show.  That means in order for the show to be successful, you need ratings and to get ratings you need drama.  Most people will not sit and watch a TV show where everybody's talking quietly and dealing with issues like sane, mature people, I might want that for my life, but not for my TV.  As long as people keep watching, they'll keep doing what they're doing.  Why should they change if the show is a success, and by success I mean ratings.  Someone brought up "The Bachelor;" that's a good point, people keep watching season after season, even though most of those relationships never work out and people might watch this show season after season, just for the drama, and just to see what will happen this time.   It's like that TV show "UnReal," a scripted TV show about a Bachelor like reality show.  There was a psychologist working for the show, but that person only helped the producers to create drama. 

I bet this show was like "UnReal," in that each person has their own producer and that producer's job is to get good TV, so what they do is to manipulate their "contestant" so they'll get drama and ratings which means more people will watch.

It's a show, people, that's all it is.

• Love 6

Which obviously they want the drama any way they can get it. With that though, if some of these people did get called out it could have created that drama that reality tv production loves to have. Especially not knowing how Sam might react to anyone calling her out on her BS. I'd say Ashley but she probably would have just huffed and ummm'd and brought up the texting again. LOL I'm not saying all should be but it is part of things that went on and should be mentioned and discussed at times more then having Pepper push people together that don't want to be anymore in that way. There was no drama to this reunion at all so if they wanted that in some form they lost it and ended up with a dud. 

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1

I enjoyed seeing Neil and Sam being friends and having fun together. Then again, I don't see Sam as a monster and for those who keep saying she never apologized to Neil-yes, she did. I also have thought it ridiculous to say that because she was seen with a glass of wine (everyone else was too), and because she likes burning scented wax, she is self medicating for a serious mental illness. I burned a scented candle today and will probably drink a glass a wine tonight-I can assure you I have not been diagnosed with a mental illness. I think both Neil and Sam are probably hard people to match up for various reasons and I'm still not sure why Neil or Ashley went on this show.

Vanessa looked very pretty at the end of the show when she and Tres were out to dinner. I'm not surprised at their breaking up but wish they could have given it a chance. I think Tres was recruited for the show and decided to just go for it and when he met Vanessa she was pretty and nice so he thought he would give it a chance. You can't force yourself to fall in love though. I'm not sure Vanessa was really in love either. She seemed to be expected the usual newlywed experience and didn't realize that doesn't work with a stranger. I wish them all the best and wonder if any of them ail appear in future reality shows.

I do agree Ashley looked terrible with all the makeup and didn't come across well. Something along the way must of really gone wrong for her and it seems like she doesn't even care how she comes across. 

I think we basically agree - I said I didn't think David had his feelings hurt "much", which means he did get hurt a little bit but definitely nowhere near as badly as Vanessa, for the same reasons you state - That Vanessa was in love with Tres whereas David was not in love with Ashley.

• Love 1
Agree with this. I think David was hurt but not the same as Vanessa. Like you said Vanessa's was more heartbroken hurt. While David's I think was more disappointed and embarrassed hurt.

There is a huge difference between the hurt one feels when one is dumped by someone they're in love with and when one is dumped by a person they never formed a deep attachment and feeling for, and I think that's the difference between Vanessa and David.  David might have been a little infatuated with Ashley but she didn't let him close enough to her for him to be in love with her any way near the way Vanessa was in love with Tres.  The only thing David was in love with was the idea of being in love, like Ashley herself said.  That was just about the most insightful thing she ever said (which makes me wonder where she got the idea).  It was ironic that she said it as if to put him down.  I'd feel more sorry for David than to put him down for it.

I'm going to say this because it's part of my own history but it is relevant here - There is nothing worse than falling in love with a nice guy that doesn't give you clear signals and sets you up to hope that the relationship is going in a positive direction until one day you suddenly find out that he never had feelings for you despite all the promising signs and gifts he lavished on you, and in that horrible moment you suddenly feel squashed like a bug.  All this despite the fact that there was a little voice in your gut that told you he didn't care for you the way you cared for him that you didn't want to listen to because you thought it was just your insecurity plus what about al the wonderful positive signs he was giving you, they had to mean something good, didn't they?  Plus he was a nice guy and you connected so well, he had to see that and appreciate it the way you did, right?  WRONG!  It's funny that I started to see myself in Vanessa from a situation years ago that thankfully taught me many valuable lessons about men and how to tell when one is "Just not that into you".  I could see he was not that into Vanessa and that her intuition had picked up on it.  I guess it takes one to know one.  Anyway.....

• Love 7

Here's what's wrong with the show.  This woman, Erica, 30, sales rep, was considered to be one of the best candidates by the experts.  All of them praised her in the Matchmaking Special.  She dropped out because she was concerned she'd be matched with someone who wasn't as "authentic and genuine" as she is.

Fine, but then they show her in this pose.  Just an average "authentic" girl spending the afternoon in the park, having a picnic for one, with a blanket and pillow, a tablet, wine, 6 books, 2 vases with flowers, 2 candles, picnic basket and some eastern religion idol I'm not familiar with - you know, to take a break from all of that reading to do some chanting.

3ptLxfF.jpg?1

Edited by Jack Sampson
  • Love 9

Here's what's wrong with the show. This woman, Erica, 30, sales rep, was considered to be one of the best candidates by the experts. All of them praised her in the Matchmaking Special. She dropped out because she was concerned she'd be matched with someone who wasn't as "authentic and genuine" as she is.

Fine, but then they show her in this pose. Just an average "authentic" girl spending the afternoon in the park, having a picnic for one, with a blanket and pillow, a tablet, wine, 6 books, 2 vases with flowers, 2 candles, picnic basket and some eastern religion idol I'm not familiar with - you know, to take a break from all of that reading to do some chanting.

3ptLxfF.jpg?1

She brought plants? She needs a man to help her carry all that stuff.

• Love 9

Here's something else. Notice how Tres and Vanessa and David and Trashley are pictured together in the center? Could the couple on the bottom be the ones who dropped out? I'm bored and can't sleep.

eindhsX.jpg?1

Interestinggggg

• Love 2

Here's something else. Notice how Tres and Vanessa and David and Trashley are pictured together in the center? Could the couple on the bottom be the ones who dropped out? I'm bored and can't sleep.eindhsX.jpg?1

So Cameron Diaz and Steve Carell's long-lost bro- recently-released-from-San- Quentin-for-running-his-porn-empire were maybe the original third couple, huh? ROFL!!! Cameron dodged a bullet man.

You might be right, Jack. Sam Role is really hidden away in that shot, and Neil is pictured pre-trim, when you KNOW the matchers were first thinking of him as no way/no how. Then they got desperate I guess.

I think the blonde right next to Ashley is the 5 ' 10" Catholic/Baptist? She stuck in my head because she refused to be matched with any guy shorter than her when she's wearing heels. I'm close to the same height, and I used to date shorter guys all the time. I thought she was being ridiculous and myopic.

Look at that montage! I mean, really look at it! I see problems galore. Anger, purposeful "quirkiness," bad hair, bad teeth and bad attitudes. Throw in a couple of budding serial killers and repeat offenders, too. Yeah, I know it's not fair to judge books by their covers but I'm doing it anyway, man! :)

Okay, top row, far left: douchenozzle! THAT was his best picture, @MAFS?! And, top row, far right: headband! Who told her that's a good look for attracting a normal guy?

Thanks for the laughs! :)

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 6

Here's what's wrong with the show.  This woman, Erica, 30, sales rep, was considered to be one of the best candidates by the experts.  All of them praised her in the Matchmaking Special.  She dropped out because she was concerned she'd be matched with someone who wasn't as "authentic and genuine" as she is.

Fine, but then they show her in this pose.  Just an average "authentic" girl spending the afternoon in the park, having a picnic for one, with a blanket and pillow, a tablet, wine, 6 books, 2 vases with flowers, 2 candles, picnic basket and some eastern religion idol I'm not familiar with - you know, to take a break from all of that reading to do some chanting.

3ptLxfF.jpg?1

Is Erica even in the montage? The show went to a lot of trouble staging that bucolic phoniness for her!

• Love 3

Look at that montage! I mean, really look at it! I see problems galore. Anger, purposeful "quirkiness," bad hair and bad attitudes. Throw in a couple of budding serial killers and repeat offenders, too. Yeah, I know it's not fair to judge books by their covers but I'm doing it anyway, man! :)

Hahahaha, well it may not be fair but you and I are definitely seeing the same things in him!!!  I think this couple spared us an even worse season than we already had!

• Love 2

Funny thing- in that montage above I don't find ANY of the guys attractive except for David. I thought Tres was attractive on the show but in this picture his face looks really bloated like he lost weight after that photo was taken.   IRL I wouldn't think David was all that great looking but looking at the rest of the possible contestants he is the only one that stands out to me (he has nice eyes). The rest are just totally unappealing. Wonder if its true that the couple at the bottom is the couple who dropped out. OMG I'm not totally into looks but that guy ewww Maybe blondie took one look at him and said HELL NO! Therefore they ended up with Sam and Neil.

• Love 3

Sams only "change"  was toward Neil, and that was long after 3 weeks as she claims.  She went from total disgust and bullying abuse  to cocky cold -shoulder and rude ignorance.   Then in the end she got an inkling that this "unmanly.man" had dignity and a strong sense of self, and never gave it up in order to validate her.  She realized she would look like a total ass and in truth be the real  "Loser"  that she considered him to be in the beginning. 

For those who don't think Sam was "that bad"--I just say; try living with someone who treats you as "less than" day in and day out.  The only acknowledgement  you get is when you appear to validate them or admire them.  You never have value or respect. You are either "in the way" or invisible.  It is a soul killer..

• Love 13

Yeah.. but the rest of us also don't sign up for a married at first sight show where attraction is not guaranteed and putting your best foot forward even if you're not attracted is the premise of the show. Ashley did not do that

Here's what's wrong with the show. This woman, Erica, 30, sales rep, was considered to be one of the best candidates by the experts. All of them praised her in the Matchmaking Special. She dropped out because she was concerned she'd be matched with someone who wasn't as "authentic and genuine" as she is.

3ptLxfF.jpg?1

I think about this woman when I watch the show because I'm quite sure they would have matched her with Tres. Man! She would be somewhere crying her eyes out right now. I also like to think she would have had more spunk than Nessa and would have punched Jenna in the face when she came to the bbq with that stank attitude. Missed opportunity, producers.

I agree with everyone else, if that third set in the pictures was supposed to be the third couple, the experts are quacks. I am almost positive I saw that dude on Dateline: To Catch A Predator. He is also giving me Basement Ryan vibes.

• Love 3

I can't help but to think of Neil when viewing the commercials of new reality show "60 days In" where volunteers go in an Indiana jail undercover with 300 cameras taping the interactions with actual inmates.

The  show's participants went into the project with the best intentions but things get real all too soon.

In Neil's case his jail was his marriage to Sam.

He has to have a jovial relationship with Sam because she was probably whispering threats under her breath at him as the cameras were rolling in front of the oblivious Dr. Pepper.

Can you imagine the pressure via texts and phone calls she exerted on him leading up to the 6 month reunion show?

With the reunion show done, he should enjoy is new life and identity in the witness protection program.

Oh, he isn't eligible?

He should be.

• Love 7

Forgive me for asking - I knew about the couple that backed out but when did they back out and do we know if one or both of them backed out?  I've been picturing them standing at the altar, taking one look at each other and running away - If I were that woman I'd definitely run away from that dude and his creepy hipster mustache.

• Love 1

Forgive me for asking - I knew about the couple that backed out but when did they back out and do we know if one or both of them backed out? I've been picturing them standing at the altar, taking one look at each other and running away - If I were that woman I'd definitely run away from that dude and his creepy hipster mustache.

Hipster mustache? That's not what I would call it....ugh. My description of it isn't fit for polite society.

Edited by Meowwww
  • Love 1

OMG I am laughing at your comments on those pictures. I swear I am totally getting some creepy vibes from a few. That is both the guys and girls its coming from. LOL That posed photo....what were they thinking? And to that guy at the bottom in that could have been from the couple that backed out....um hey the 70's called and want their porn mustache back! 

• Love 2

Okay, top row, far left: douchenozzle! THAT was his best picture, @MAFS?! And, top row, far right: headband! Who told her that's a good look for attracting a normal guy?

Thanks for the laughs! :)

The dude at the top left dropped out because his family was against it...and he actually listened to them. The woman in the headband is a major horseface and the headband makes it worse. She was cut from consideration because they actually thought she was wasn't affectionate enough for David...so they picked Trashley instead.

What is this Matchmaker Special?  Did I miss something?

It's the first episode. You can watch it on the MAFS website.
  • Love 2

The woman in the headband is a major horseface and the headband makes it worse. She was cut from consideration because they actually thought she was wasn't affectionate enough for David...so they picked Trashley instead.

Wait, what?!? ROFL

And wow were the potential women on this show starved for choices if THOSE were the best male candidates.

• Love 5

I don't think Vanessa fell for Tres.  I think she fell in love with having a good looking husband.  But he wasn't what she expected; I once went out with a guy like her, too needy.  At first they're cool, bu then you realize that nothing's ever good enough for them because they have this fantasy life in their head and nothing you do can live up to that; so you lose interest and push them away.

• Love 3

So Cameron Diaz and Steve Carell's long-lost bro- recently-released-from-San- Quentin-for-running-his-porn-empire were maybe the original third couple, huh? ROFL!!! Cameron dodged a bullet man.

I was thinking a young Fred Goldman.

Yowza....I have been wanting to know more about the rejects - what a crew! Oh I do so think that the couple on the bottom are the drop outs - as someone pointed out Neil still had that big nasty mop beard.... notice there is a GUY on the girls right hand side, right beside Vanessa - maybe they tried for a few gays?

Oh I really think those two on the bottom were set to be hitched...yeah I would back up and run from him too...creepy vibe

I wonder if that fall out made the producers even more pushy with Ashley?

I don't like a beard on either David or Tres...they both have round baby faces and the beards make them look heavier IMHO. I am not much for beards. No Brooklyn for me sorry.  I hate to say it but both Sam and Ashley looked good there.

The picnic diva is too funny....just another day, a bit of "me" time haha

Gosh I wish some of these folks would talk - what tales might they tell?

• Love 1

Question please. Did anyone notice Ashley's raspberry Satchel bag she carried the whole season? I'm going crazy looking for that bag on line and can't find something similar. Could it have been a designer bag or maybe from Target, Kohls, etc.? Anyone have an idea?

OK, just watched the Matchmaking episode (thank you very much to the poster who brought that to my attention), and it's verrrry interesting. My 2 big takeaways:

1) Ashley has a degree in psychology and I would bet money that she skewed her results to the questionnaire by giving the answers she thought they wanted rather than truthfully, aaaayyyyuund,

2) How cool to see Neil being so open to trimming his beard, and how awesome to see all his amazing and supportive friends rally around him. I can see now how beaten down he was as the marriage went on; same goes for Vanessa, for that matter.

Edited by Nffftshewasgone
  • Love 5

Question please. Did anyone notice Ashley's raspberry Satchel bag she carried the whole season? I'm going crazy looking for that bag on line and can't find something similar. Could it have been a designer bag or maybe from Target, Kohls, etc.? Anyone have an idea?

328$ Cole Haan Berkeley Medium Satchel Women's Bag Rasberry/Pink Genuine Leather

• Love 1

Ironically, it looks like this Coach bag - The name of this model is "Ashley", LOL

The "Ashley" satchel amuses me no end! :) Remember when she asked a friend over after David's "betrayal"? Her friend's name was Ashley, too!

Poor, dumb David! Rhett Butler wasn't the guy Ashley wanted at all. Ashley wanted Ashley Wilkes!

• Love 5

The "Ashley" satchel amuses me no end! :) Remember when she asked a friend over after David's "betrayal"? Her friend's name was Ashley, too!

Poor, dumb David! Rhett Butler wasn't the guy Ashley wanted at all. Ashley wanted Ashley Wilkes!

A collections of Ashleys is what she wants. LOL With all that aside, I will saw this though, being that I do have a common name and there is a Disney Princess with it that I do have a few things of that character because of it and even funnier was the fact that my husband has ancestors from the country for where that movie is based off of. Yet I am just a big Disney geek in general but for me that happened and I geek'd out more. LOL So I can see in a way wanting certain things that have your name. Heck even my bff I've known from jr. high has the same first 2 letters in her name as I do. It just happened that we ended up such long time friends as we did and think alike so much. So it does happen obviously but I think if I had a unisex name I would draw the line at that. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I'm really just being facetious, Evil Queen! Ashley just continues to amuse and

confuse that's all. I went back and watched a little of the Matchmaking episode, and, man, she was a different person! Very open to the experiment, light and happy, she told Pepper that all her friends were married now, having babies and so she felt life was "passing me by." She really wanted to be matched.

Pepper did a TH that said something like, if a participant wasn't willing to work through a possible lack of attraction at first sight, then that participant was NOT a good candidate! Ha.ha.ha! ;)

• Love 6

One thing I like about this show is that while of course they do screen for looks I'm sure, none of these people are the cookie cutter good looking like a lot of other shows are filled with. But, damn, I've been hard on Ashley for judging David so hard based on his looks but here I am being a hypocrite thinking I wouldn't want to be alone with that third guy highlighted in the picture. But, I readily admit I'm far from perfect, so, it's okay, right? I real life I would still be nice to him regardless unless he gave me a real reason not to be.

I reminds me a lot of the bag I got for Christmas from my mom (though we came across it together during Macy's Friends and Family sale where coupons applied to Coach too.) But I think my bag is smaller and hers looked to have hardware that was gold upon closer look. We both thought it was my bag at first. It's a great bag, anyway. I think it was called a Mini Nolita in Pebble Leather, Berry. Edited: The internet is telling me it's Marshmellow Pink, which I never would have imagined the color name to be. I must have made up Berry because it looks berry to me! Unless I have the bag name wrong. It does look lighter than my bag but I can't tell if that's the computer colors being off.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm really just being facetious, Evil Queen! Ashley just continues to amuse and

confuse that's all. I went back and watched a little of the Matchmaking episode, and, man, she was a different person! Very open to the experiment, light and happy, she told Pepper that all her friends were married now, having babies and so she felt life was "passing me by." She really wanted to be matched.

Pepper did a TH that said something like, if a participant wasn't willing to work through a possible lack of attraction at first sight, then that participant was NOT a good candidate! Ha.ha.ha! ;)

Oh I knew you were. Just thought it was funny cause there are those of us that collect our names in some way. LOL Some just might goes as far as collecting a man with the same name I bet too. =P

To me that throws out the whole Ashley is an introvert. She is just superficial is all and said it from day one she didn't like him. Why? Because he didn't have the right look for her. Then couldn't get past it or even try to. Some help those "experts" where in all this and finding ones that could at the very least try to move past it and get to know the person.

One thing I like about this show is that while of course they do screen for looks I'm sure, none of these people are the cookie cutter good looking like a lot of other shows are filled with. But, damn, I've been hard on Ashley for judging David so hard based on his looks but here I am being a hypocrite thinking I wouldn't want to be alone with that third guy highlighted in the picture. But, I readily admit I'm far from perfect, so, it's okay, right? I real life I would still be nice to him regardless unless he gave me a real reason not to be.

There was seriously one guy that really stood out in those pictures for me and I am wondering why he wasn't cast. David would have been the best after him in the looks. For the most part though most of those people are just either giving off a creep vibe or an average everyday look to them. Of course once past what they all look like you have to wonder what some of them have for a personality and if it would make them shine or what. LOL

EQ and Gigi.....if you reply, I won't be able to answer until Monday, so forgive me please. My husband actually has a Saturday night off! It's a miracle! Poor guy, he works an inhuman schedule, but it's gonna get better soon, thank God. Anyway, we're going out to eat and slow dance!

I want to recommend that you watch/rewatch the Matchmaking episode. It's a real eye opener for several reasons. (Thanks to Jack Sampson for the idea!) Some of the show was maddening to me. I already said Ashley was a different person. Well wait til you see Sam! Another one, happy, breezy and light! Eager to marry! In addition to talking about her love for her late grams, she also talked about her desire for a meaningful connection. I did not get any kind of manipulative loon, asshole, verbally-abusive, superficial-dolt vibe from her at all. My HUGE mistake.

Re the Matchmaking candidates and montage: I know I sounded like a superficial idiot in a previous post! I apologize to all. Really, I used to date based on personality. I brought home lots of guys who were shorter, etc. If you made me laugh, I was yours! So just want to say most of the people on Matchmaking were ok. A couple were ridiculous, imo, especially in their requirements (like, perfect butts jutting from the curve of the spine! Omg! ROFL!) But most were ok.

Would love opinions on Sean. I thought he was perfect for Vanessa, but, unfortunately, he said he wasn't interested in dating a Black woman. Other than that HUGE (imo, ridiculous) roadblock, I thought he and V would have been a great fit.

Re names: I'm Swedish-American and was named for a beloved family member who died very young, and long before my birth. All my many siblings have good old American names, but I've got this unusual Russian name. Used to be self-conscious about it, but nowadays among the Norths and Saints, Reigns and Apples, Blue Ivies and Spurgeons, I'm comfy with it! ;) I will never find a keychain or plaque with my name, though, unless I create a stir myself, maybe on my fb! I'll let you know! :))))

• Love 1