Type keyword(s) to search

Sense8 In The Media

They've been taping for a couple weeks now. I follow some of the Senates on Insta, and they post stories from the Set.  The actor who plays Capheus is very playful and funny. He's appearing in a lot of stories.

• Love 1

Damn, I’m so late to this news. I had just sort of given up after hearing th news of the cancellation. Found out today and it’s now a true thanksgiving. After being so disappointed by all the shows I loved being cancelled (pushing daisies, agent carter) I never imagined this one would get a bit more life. Bring on 2018! 

• Love 4

"Personal lives pushed aside" tells me I am not going to be happy about the ending.  I was always very interested in whether Sun would get with Mun, would Kala take a leap with Wolfgang and etc.

Sigh.

1 minute ago, Advance35 said:

"Personal lives pushed aside" tells me I am not going to be happy about the ending.  I was always very interested in whether Sun would get with Mun, would Kala take a leap with Wolfgang and etc.

Sigh.

Unfortunately, with only two hours to wrap things up, I can see why they're prioritizing the story over each individual character. There's no way a lot of their personal stories can get wrapped up in two hours, let alone the overarching plot of the series.

Which does suck, because I, too, am interested in some of those personal lives. But it's either try to tie everything up, both plot and character-wise and risk leaving people out or having the movie feel rushed, or choose to leave stories open-ended.

However, there is a chance they MAY even wrap up those stories as quickly as they can in the end, maybe through a quick montage. I think we're incredibly lucky to even get this movie to wrap things up, so I'm accepting that I won't be satisfied with the ending, regardless, as the show was cancelled before it really got to the climax. 

• Love 4

I am not sure if this is the correct place but it looks like the two hour finale is set for June 8th.

I just question if a show that was just hitting it’s stride can end sufficiently in two hours or is it more likely going to be rushed as all hell?  Probably the latter.  Oh well.  Sense8 will more then likely go down as my favorite Netflix show not enough people watched that I will remain bitter about while other people watch crap that keeps getting renewed.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3

They've got several couples that fans have invested in over the course of the series, but I feel like "personal lives pushed aside" is more likely to apply to Capheus and his girlfriend, Sun and her cop and possibly even Lito and Hernando. If they can honour any of the couples they've built, it'll be Will/Riley, Nomi/Nita and Wolfgang/Kala. They're the three most integral to the core characters (Nita more than Hernando, because she's known about the sensates almost since the beginning).

But when this finale appears on Netflix, I'll almost want to avoid watching it for a while. Just not sure I want the show to be over. I'm rewatching it for the first time in a while, and love the way the friendships between the characters build in season 1.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

They've got several couples that fans have invested in over the course of the series, but I feel like "personal lives pushed aside" is more likely to apply to Capheus and his girlfriend, Sun and her cop and possibly even Lito and Hernando. If they can honour any of the couples they've built, it'll be Will/Riley, Nomi/Nita and Wolfgang/Kala. They're the three most integral to the core characters (Nita more than Hernando, because she's known about the sensates almost since the beginning).

But when this finale appears on Netflix, I'll almost want to avoid watching it for a while. Just not sure I want the show to be over. I'm rewatching it for the first time in a while, and love the way the friendships between the characters build in season 1.

I was going to protest leaving out Hernando, but you made a good argument for it. Oddly, the only couples I'm invested in are Lito/Hernando and Nomi/Nita. I think I'll be rewatching as well, before viewing the finale.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

I was going to protest leaving out Hernando, but you made a good argument for it. Oddly, the only couples I'm invested in are Lito/Hernando and Nomi/Nita. I think I'll be rewatching as well, before viewing the finale.

My first thought when I saw "personal lives on hold" was Lito, because as far as we know, he left without telling Hernando or Daniella, just as he was on the verge of getting a part in a Hollywood movie (if my memory serves me correctly, I've not got to that part of my rewatch yet.

I really like their relationship too, but with the time and geographical constraints, I just fee like it's going to be a minor part of the finale.

But I also really care about Will/Riley getting a happy ending, probably because season 1 is so fresh in my mind right now, and they were so sweet in it. Also, Tuppence Middleton has just about the best smile in the business. It's impossible not to smile with her.

Also, "personal lives pushed aside" could mean something like, 'see you later, Rajan.'

6 hours ago, possibilities said:

It will be weird to have them all in the same place. No "visiting"?

Man, I can't wait to see them all in the same place, and to see Amanita finally meet them all (it'd be nice if Hernando and Daniella could too, but it seems unlikely). It's been built up so much, and I think I'd honestly be happy if most of the episode was just them hanging out and talking. But I really hope they give us a flashback to show their initial meeting, which we didn't get in the season 2 finale.

• Love 1

To be honestly I think this is going to be the reverse fan tripe quick rap up of a story and then hour and a half of relationship stuff.  And I am not happy about it at all.  I actually would  rather the show forgo most of the relationship stuff and focus on a pretty compelling story but I doubt they can in two hours so the story will get dropped to focus on sex.  

Edited by Chaos Theory

Don't psych yourselves out. Maybe it'll be a balance with relatively equal time to resolve BPO and relationships. As I recall, there has been balance in most episodes between conspiracy and personal matters, and I can't imagine Lana W. neglecting either element. (I'll probably cry at the end, no matter what.)

Just encourage everyone to watch the series so that there's a ghost of a chance of more. And if not... well, it's been an amazing, fantastic ride worth cherishing.

Meanwhile, I really need to get on with my rewatch.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, possibilities said:

It will be weird to have them all in the same place. No "visiting"?

Well, they still have to save Wolfgang right? So we know there will probably be some until they get him back.

• Love 3
On 4/25/2018 at 3:05 PM, justmehere said:

Don't psych yourselves out. Maybe it'll be a balance with relatively equal time to resolve BPO and relationships. As I recall, there has been balance in most episodes between conspiracy and personal matters, and I can't imagine Lana W. neglecting either element. (I'll probably cry at the end, no matter what.)

And also  there's JMS' hand in things. For all the issues I had with the last season of Babylon 5, I still regard 'Sleeping in Light' as on of television's great series finales. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, selkie said:

And also  there's JMS' hand in things. For all the issues I had with the last season of Babylon 5, I still regard 'Sleeping in Light' as on of television's great series finales. 

Indeed. Not to mention JMS, at least in B5, was a master of tying all the threads together, even small comments had a lot of import.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, selkie said:

4 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Indeed. Not to mention JMS, at least in B5, was a master of tying all the threads together, even small comments had a lot of import.

For some reason, I had the impression that JMS had backed off from involvement. There's an IMDB page now for the finale where he still has an Executive Producer credit, and as one of the creators, but he's not one of the writers like he was previously. Doesn't mean JMS didn't have input; maybe just too busy with other projects to write.

It also shows the title: Amor Vincit Omnia (Love Conquers All) -- no description yet.

• Love 1

That makes me sad and happy, at the same time. Sad, because the show is ending when it could have gone on for so much longer. Happy, because I do think that message of understanding and positivity and love has gone out, and has meant a lot to a lot of people.

And I agree with Kick Gurry and Max Mauf, that this show has changed the way I think on a number of issues. Not that it's turned me around on anything, but more that it's made me just think more deeply about things I already casually agreed with. To consider implications and nuances that never really occurred to me before. And that's such a valuable, worthy thing.

• Love 9

Netflix tweeted that they’d be releasing the trailer for the June special today between early and mid-morning. Ok. It’s 11 am EST. Where is it. I’m so tired of trying to trust this streaming service only to be mislead or empty handed. 

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Netflix tweeted that they’d be releasing the trailer for the June special today between early and mid-morning. Ok. It’s 11 am EST. Where is it. I’m so tired of trying to trust this streaming service only to be mislead or empty handed. 

Did you see it?? Its been up for two hours now on Netflix’s Twitter. And all I can say is

WOW.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

Did you see it?? Its been up for two hours now on Netflix’s Twitter. And all I can say is

WOW.

Finally got to see it. Happy Dance. Gosh I love this show. 

• Love 1
Spoiler

To save the 8th

Even after everything we’ve ben through would any of us go back to the world we’re used to?

^Im seeing on twitter those two phrases from the trailer are being used as rallying cries to save the show. I think Netflix is going to have massive numbers for this season. And one helluva of a Sense8 fight for the show.

(edited)

Oh my God, stop telling people to kill you Wolfgang! God! 

Oh I cannot wait! But, when its here, the show will be over! I have so many feelings!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

I'm so happy they went all out on look and locations! We thought they might save money just shooting in London, but it looks as global and lush as previous seasons. I just don't know how they're going to pack all of that into one movie.

I'm happy to see Naveen show up!

• Love 1

I am excited and scared about the finale.

Lately, showrunners of finales, at least of shows I watch,  thinks it is good writing or gutsy to kill or ruin a character. I hope this is not what happens here.

So I'm surprised I haven't seen this here but Lana has set up a special showing of the final episode in Chicago this Friday May 25th.  There is a special VIP cocktail party and then a general audience showing of the episode followed by a Q and A with cast and some crew. All proceeds to benefit Emily's list. I'm going! Only general admission for me though.  They released who is attending today. Looks like (excuse any spelling errors) Wolfgang, Will, Capheus, Amanita, Rajan,Danielle, Bug, and Capheus' girlfriend whose name I can't remember. Also Lana and Karin Wachowski will be there.  I'm so excited!  Promise no spoilers but I'll try to come back and share general impressions if you all want and anything I can remember from Q&A that isn't spoilers. Really so crazy excited. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, MissL said:

So I'm surprised I haven't seen this here but Lana has set up a special showing of the final episode in Chicago this Friday May 25th.  There is a special VIP cocktail party and then a general audience showing of the episode followed by a Q and A with cast and some crew. All proceeds to benefit Emily's list. I'm going! Only general admission for me though.  They released who is attending today. Looks like (excuse any spelling errors) Wolfgang, Will, Capheus, Amanita, Rajan,Danielle, Bug, and Capheus' girlfriend whose name I can't remember. Also Lana and Karin Wachowski will be there.  I'm so excited!  Promise no spoilers but I'll try to come back and share general impressions if you all want and anything I can remember from Q&A that isn't spoilers. Really so crazy excited. 

Yes, how exciting! Will be eager to learn whatever you can share... especially if there's any realistic hope for more after this finale, given large enough viewing numbers. Is it worth campaigning, or do they have a definitive answer already?  (I imagine someone will ask.)

• Love 2

You guys it was so good! They literally made us pinky swear with the people sitting next to us that we would "share no spoilers only feelings" so here are my feelings.  I laughed...a lot.  I smiled and clapped and I cried and I was at times utterly confused. Having the cast together made it hard sometimes to tell when they were visiting or actually there. I felt closure but of course there is so much more I'd love to see. However if this is it..and I truly feel it is..emotionally I'm satisfied.

Seeing this in a crowd of super fans was an amazing experience. It was so interactive and full of energy in that theatre. I've experience low key versions of it on opening weekends of stuff like Avengers or Star Wars where you get a bit of applause in key moments but this was unreal. Sometimes we were so loud I missed lines so definitely can't wait to watch again on June 8. 

Lana and cast thanked us and answered just a few questions. They were crying and Lana talked about how amazing it was to hear us respond to the show the way we did. Max (Wolfgang) talked for just a minute and called the cast his family. He was hanging on Rajan and Capheus (sorry I'm too tired to look up real names) the whole time on stage with his arms around them. Brian (Will)thanked the fans and talked about what a unique and wonderful experience the show was and got choked up. Dani also gave a speech and got choked up. It was very emotional.  They all genuinely seem to love and like each other...there was so much hugging!

The lighting in the theatre was terrible but my friend is sending me photos of the cast I'll try to post if I can edit them to look decent. The ones I took aren't salvageable. I wish I'd paid for VIP because I would have loved to get closer to Max and Brian..they are damn good looking men and in person they do not disappoint. Wow. Oh. And Lana was so easy to spot at all times...the hair. Gonna go have coffee and if I think of more moments to share I'll come back!

• Love 13

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am green with envy. Of course a show so firmly based around connections would have such a wonderful, connected crowd. I look forward to seeing it. I wonder if I should rewatch the last season at the very least. Would you recommend that?

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am green with envy. Of course a show so firmly based around connections would have such a wonderful, connected crowd. I look forward to seeing it. I wonder if I should rewatch the last season at the very least. Would you recommend that?

I think you could get by without it but it's never a BAD idea. I rewatched the last 2 episodes of season 2 right before and I think it helped. There is definitely a lot going on in the episode. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MissL said:

I think you could get by without it but it's never a BAD idea. I rewatched the last 2 episodes of season 2 right before and I think it helped. There is definitely a lot going on in the episode. 

Thanks! I rewatched season 1 before starting season 2, and I agree that it's never a bad idea. :) I will have to see how much time I have before it premiers - and whether or not I HAVE to watch it on the premiere date.

• Love 1

Fortunately, I finished my rewatch of both seasons just a couple of weeks ago, so I'm all freshened up for the finale. But for some reason I don't want to watch the finale trailer. I want to go in almost completely blind.

But I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that Rajan, Felix and one or two other secondary characters apparently made the cut. I'd rather the finale focused on our eight characters, Amanita and (if possible) Hernando and Daniella. I like most of the others, I just don't think they need them.

2 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Fortunately, I finished my rewatch of both seasons just a couple of weeks ago, so I'm all freshened up for the finale. But for some reason I don't want to watch the finale trailer. I want to go in almost completely blind.

But I have to say, I'm a little disappointed that Rajan, Felix and one or two other secondary characters apparently made the cut. I'd rather the finale focused on our eight characters, Amanita and (if possible) Hernando and Daniella. I like most of the others, I just don't think they need them.

Such is the diversity for this series. There’s something for each and every one of us. You don’t even need to be a member of the LGBT movement to totally empathicly love this series. You just have to have an iota of compassion. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Oh trust me. Rajan and Felix add wonderfully to the finale and in my opinion don't take anything away from the episode or our 8.  I'd even have to say some of my favorite moments involved Rajan which completely surprised me.  There isn't enough time to give our 8 all the time I would want but I really felt everybody had a moment to shine. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, MissL said:

Oh trust me. Rajan and Felix add wonderfully to the finale and in my opinion don't take anything away from the episode or our 8.  I'd even have to say some of my favorite moments involved Rajan which completely surprised me.  There isn't enough time to give our 8 all the time I would want but I really felt everybody had a moment to shine. 

Ah. I just want to see everyone interact with each other. I actually cant wait for secondary characters to meet main characters. Ironically, Felix and Rajan don’t know right by the end of the second season right? I’m just looking forward to small moments....like I want Brian to see his cop friend again. Or Bug to meet Lito in real life. I can’t wait!

• Love 4