Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E11: I Got The Power / S17.E12: The Final Cut

A powerful and possibly game-changing prize is won by a contestant in the first half of this combined episode. In the second half, the players compete in their final challenge, which involves taking on and shedding the weight they've lost.

Ugh, heights combined WITH a rope challenge. I could never climb ropes in gym, even with a pulley mechanism, I would never be able to do this.

But at least they had Bob's super-helpful, taunting play-by-play highlighting the action. "Jacky! You look like you're standing still!" "Roberto, you're two feet from the water!" 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 2

Wow, Jacky's facial structure is really coming out now. 

Felicia has been working hard, so as much as I would have liked Erin to have stayed, I don't mind Felicia still being here. 

Frickin' Jen is still stuck in Team Jen mode. Tired of it. "I really don't think we're going to need those two pounds."

How could Roberto (who weighs more than Jackie) lose 6 lbs and then Jackie (who weighs less than Roberto) loses 6 lbs but Jackie has a lower percentage of weight loss? Did I miss something?

Roberto had a 2 lb advantage.

Erin was screwed either way dropping below the yellow line. I don't believe for a second Colby & Roberto would have eliminated Felicia if she had been the one with the pound disadvantage.

• Love 1

Roberto had a 2 lb advantage.

That will teach me to fast forward past Bob yammering to go straight to the weigh ins and miss the whole win a two lb advantage--I could not make sense of the math. So he lost six but got credit for eight and it moved him up to be a finalist. Thanks for clarifying that

• Love 1

News flash Dr. HQuackDeath, it takes more than losing weight to get a person's blood pressure under control. Yes, being obese does not help, but family history, other health issues, and thin people can have blood pressure problems also. I also hope he did not take Roberto off his blood pressure med too soon or did not wean him off because of potential dangerous side effects. I hope the contestants are getting the proper medical care with physicians and medical staff at home who knows what they are doing. Dr. H. actually thinks he is "curing" obese people. I could get better medical care with the local community college nursing students or a pre-med student at the four year college in my hometown.

I also chuckle at the Sleep Number Bed talk. Studies have shown these type of beds are not better than regular beds. I go by Consumer Reports than a bunch of reality show contestants and a famewhore host/trainer.

Roberto you may think you have inspire people with your little speech at the first weigh-in, but you made me wish I could reach for some cookies and ice cream. I see a future of you spouting off your twelve weeks of weight loss knowledge (using the word knowledge loosely) to the masses.

Erin, Erin, Erin... Way to go with the one pound disadvantage choice. Felicia is not in the top three. And sorry Felicia, but I do not believe you are wearing a size 8. And why is Steven upset about Jacky possibility not making the final three. She is going home the same time you are. She will be at the finals with you. Can you not survive being around each other for a few minutes. Geez...

Fast forward to the rescue again this week. I'm glad this session ends next week.

Actually, if Steven and Jacky were smart, she should go home and fight for the at home prize (though I doubt she would win). But it does set things up for a couple to take every cash prize at the finale.

Edited by Noirprncess
  • Love 2

This season has been really blah, and I don't really care who wins, but I just had to comment on how ugly the orange pants were that Erin wore to sing at Madison Square Garden. To lose so much weight only to wear the least flattering garment ever made? At a Knicks game in front of thousands of people (not to mention the TV cameras)? WTF?

• Love 8

Erin is one of those 'artists' that think their clothing attire must be 'odd' to reflect their artistic personality.   I personally do not see anything all that talented about her singing.   She seems like a nice enough person, though.... based on what little we have seen on this show. 

Felicia must be really nice OFF camera because they all seem loyal to her.  However, her on-screen personality comes thru as a whiny 'it's all about me' teenager, which I think she is barely removed from.  Dolvett still seems to tip-toe around her.

I agree with the other poster, Stephen should have been excited about the fact that they had a chance to take home both prizes.   However, Stephen is awfully close to his goal weight (you could see it in the bone structure of his face at the last weigh-in).  I don't think he's going to be able to lose enough more weight to take it.

Still rooting for Colby.  However, I do hope for Robertos' health that he loses some more weight. 

I often wonder if Dr. H. realizes certain blood pressure meds can cause weight gain. I was put on a blood pressure med for a thyroid condition for a month and a half, and between the thyroid medication and blood pressure med, I gained ten to fifteen pounds within a month. The sad thing is the contestants are medical test subjects to him in his quest to prove he can cure obesity. Makes me think what type of medical and psychological testing the contestants go through before they are picked for the show. The ones with the worse medical problems and the worse sob stories are usually the ones who are picked.

And I agree with the poster who said the pants Erin had on did her no favors. I hope the twins do not win the at the ranch and at home prizes. I can imagine the gloating. Only one more week of this crap.

Personally, I think it was pretty crappy of Stephen to vote Erin off after he and Jacky appealed to her not to give them the pound disadvantage.  Erin and Felicia were neck-in-neck as far as weight left to lose and ability in the challenges.  Just like when he implied he would vote with the guys as a block, then turned on them.  I am not a fan of his or Jacky's.  

• Love 2

This season has been really blah, and I don't really care who wins, but I just had to comment on how ugly the orange pants were that Erin wore to sing at Madison Square Garden. To lose so much weight only to wear the least flattering garment ever made? At a Knicks game in front of thousands of people (not to mention the TV cameras)? WTF?

Don't remember the pants but my guess was she picked the color to match the orange the Knicks have in their logo.

The pants wouldn't have been so bad with a better top. The tucked in front to emphasize the high waist did Erin absolutely no favors. If she had a better top, she wouldn't have looked so muffin-y. The red dress was a little better, but still a size too small.

Felicia had pretty bad clothes too. The only way she's a size 8 is if she's literally pouring herself into the clothes. The clothes she was shopping for were hideous.

I'm not looking forward to the Hookers R Us dresses these girls are going to have at the finale.

• Love 2

She may be 5'6, but the clothes she had on look a little too tight. Of course, Dr. H. had her convince she could wear size 8 because of her waist size. And yes, I cannot wait to see how Erin and Felicia look at finals. I guess they are suppose to be the hottie girls this season. *rolling eyes*

I'm not looking forward to the Hookers R Us dresses these girls are going to have at the finale.

I've long suspected that the show had an open account at Fredericks of Hollywood for the finale dresses along with their long running partnership with Spanx.

• Love 3

Personally, I think it was pretty crappy of Stephen to vote Erin off after he and Jacky appealed to her not to give them the pound disadvantage.  Erin and Felicia were neck-in-neck as far as weight left to lose and ability in the challenges.  Just like when he implied he would vote with the guys as a block, then turned on them.  I am not a fan of his or Jacky's.  

I thought it was crappy for Stephen to do that too.

• Love 4

Erin was voted off because she has been considered a bigger threat than Felicia. She has been playing games right along with Felicia. If she wanted to make it to the final three, she should not be expecting others to save her. Too be honest about it, I am not sad Erin and Felicia had to hit the road. Going to be interesting to see how they deal with the real world without someone holding their hand.

it wasn't the color so much as the crotchal fit.

I think Mr Jackie voted Erin off because she was more of a threat to his wife than Felicia was. True, but Jackie probably is not a finalist anyway--Show probably didn't want us to know ahead of time that it is an all-guy finale and possibly lose some women viewers. Erin might have had a better chance than Jackie of besting one of the guys in the last weighin had she made it through Mr Jackie's vote. Erin was/is my fave--hope she keeps her weight under control in that it seems to have held her back career-wise.

• Love 2

it wasn't the color so much as the crotchal fit.

It was the color and the fit, no reason to have to pick one over the other.  Just a completely unfortunate pair of pants.

Somehow none of these guys looks like a finalist - they all look to be about mid-season.  They're all bland.  I guess I'm rooting for Mr./Mrs. Jackie because I can't stand Roberto or Colby.  And i've lost respect for Jen because she seems to be cheering those to guys on.

This season has been a snooze filled with far too much Bob. However I thought Dr. H had decided to liven things up & brought gallon jugs full of his own urine to make some bizarre point. Sadly it was just another way to make a dramatic! fat! point!

Edited by ramble
  • Love 6

I wonder how bad of a tantrum Roberto will throw if/when he doesn't win it all?

Well if I were Mrs. Roberto, I'd make his life hell, after passing up a sure $25,000.

I ff'd from after the race, until the last weigh-in.  Let me know if I missed anything really worth hearing.  Like someone confessing to giving Felicia some weight-gain pill for the last few weeks.

• Love 2

I could see why Jackie and Stephen both want to be in the finale. The odds of both of them winning a prize are not great but if they represent 2/3 of the finalists, then they have a pretty decent chance of one of them winning the big prize.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I would have given the lb disadvantage to her for that reason. I can't remember if she was ever under the yellow line, but I don't understand why people rarely vote to break up couples. Not only do they usually vote the same way but they also have more chances of winning the final prize.

Is there a prize for 2nd or 3rd place? Cause if it isn't $25,000 & Roberto doesn't win BL then he's going to be mad!

• Love 1

Is there a prize for 2nd or 3rd place? Cause if it isn't $25,000 & Roberto doesn't win BL then he's going to be mad!

As far as I know, there's the BL title for whichever of the 3 finalists loses the most, and the big money, $250K i think.  Then for the non-finalist who loses the most, there's a $100k prize.

Roberto can 't win the at-home prize, only the top prize. 

Someone here's probably figuring the odds on who has the most to lose, and best chance to win, but I don't crunch the numbers.

I did think, watching this episode, that the contestants don't seem as toned as usual, and more seem still overweight, but maybe I'm misremembering other seasons.

Lord, Dr. Bobian is SO much worse than Dr. Jillian ever was. Why did we ever give her shit over armchair psychology when Bob was the accident waiting to happen?

Oh. Roberto "speaking to America"?  So annoying.

I'll miss Erin. Admittedly I tend not to like Dolvett's pets, but I think she actually wasn't one. Dolvett only paid attention to her again when he saw he had to press the old red-team alliance buttons.

At least we were finally able to say "Bye Bye Felicia" this week. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 4

Dr. Bobian *lol*  I am grateful for no Dr. JPhonyian this season. I can imagine the way she would have been all over poor Colby about his father's suicide and lets blame daddy's death for his weight gain since she seems to think any contestant's obesity is momsie and daddy's fault. UGH!!! I feel bad for Colby. The poor guy was pick for his sob story and being obese. A winning combination for a reality television show and a doctor who thinks he can cure any obese person.

Felicia is odd in that her post-lost face is not much different from her pre-loss face.  She just did not hold much in her face.  Anyway, that final dress she wore looked ridiculous.  It was actually made of SPANX.  They phoned up the Spanx factory and had a roll of material sent over and cut and sewed a dress out of it.  Of course it was an 8, I am size 14 and I could wear an 8 if it was made of Spanx.  It might take me 2+ hours to get into it and then 2+ hours to get out of it, but I could do it!

Those gallon jugs of Wesson oil or sweet tea, whatever it was didn't make a very good visual sub for fat lost.  I was thinking that those jugs looked like what ONE of the contestants lost, not all of them.

Roberto STFU.  I don't think your kids are scarred for life because you couldn't throw a ball with them.  They are both very little.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2

I did think, watching this episode, that the contestants don't seem as toned as usual, and more seem still overweight, but maybe I'm misremembering other seasons.

They may have changed the casting process to try to avoid a repeat of Rachel of two years ago. The show took a beating for her showing up at the finale so underweight, and a recurrence could get the show axed.

• Love 1

The pants wouldn't have been so bad with a better top. The tucked in front to emphasize the high waist did Erin absolutely no favors. If she had a better top, she wouldn't have looked so muffin-y. The red dress was a little better, but still a size too small.

Felicia had pretty bad clothes too. The only way she's a size 8 is if she's literally pouring herself into the clothes. The clothes she was shopping for were hideous.

Or the hooker shoes they always wear.  And can't gracefully walk in.

• Love 1

Well if I were Mrs. Roberto, I'd make his life hell, after passing up a sure $25,000.

I ff'd from after the race, until the last weigh-in.  Let me know if I missed anything really worth hearing.  Like someone confessing to giving Felicia some weight-gain pill for the last few weeks.

Roberto wouldn't be in the finals if he took the $25,000.  He had the same weight loss as Jacky but he weighs more than she does.

Jen definitely wants to win.  That's why she picked Roberto and Luis as her first choice.  She said that she was competitive and that's why she chose them first.  If a couple was going to win both the final and at home prize, I would bet it would be Roberto and Luis.  I wouldn't want that to happen but they have a better chance of doing it than Stephen and Jacky.

• Love 1

Roberto wouldn't be in the finals if he took the $25,000.  He had the same weight loss as Jacky but he weighs more than she does.

Not by much. I was surprised that Jacky was within just a few pounds of Steven's weight. Which means approximately 20 pounds separates her from Colby and Roberto.

This season has proven what I've thought for more than a few seasons, the best position to be in to make it towards the finale is middle of the pack. The folks that are annoying or winning lots of challenges have targets on their backs and they tend to get taken out as soon as possible. Ride the middle of the pack, like Jacky, and you get to stay almost till the end. She won't win unless she drops massive weight between last week and the live finale. But you will have the maximum amount of support and will likely be able to parlay your placement into some sort of job with the Biggest Loser brand.

Jen, who cannot get out of "Team Jen" mentality..ever..makes me miss Jillian even more. But I'm glad Jillian is doing so well now.

Is Dolvett any better in that regard? We saw him taking Erin aside to basically tell her to stick to her Red team alliances. It was edited so we didn't see that, but you could tell that's what was going on.