Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Peaches Of The Caribbean

• Start Topic

Who could've imagined that the Return of Bob and Sheree would be so enjoyable?  Bob looks like he is a riot.  Hoping we see a lot more of him.

So, did y'all peep how downright ugly Kenya is when she's unaware of the camera?  Those shady editors had a few shots of her sitting next to Matt with the most sour look on her face---it was funny and very telling.  That's the real Kenya right there.  Way back in our old TWoP days, someone brilliantly said Kenya looks like "a mean raisin."  That has stayed with me all these years because I just think it's a perfect description. I hope Matt is just in this for a come up--he seems like a nice enough guy who can do much, much better.

• Love 10

What is wrong with Phaedra?! She tries so hard with the Southern Belle, professional business woman image, and now, all of a sudden, she's exposing her Donkey Booty everywhere, making crude, sexual innuendo comments, all with her big Ol tongue wagging out, and cackling away!

Yeah, I am over "Shadra" and her two-faced behavior. What a Pharisee!

So, did y'all peep how downright ugly Kenya is when she's unaware of the camera?  Those shady editors had a few shots of her sitting next to Matt with the most sour look on her face---it was funny and very telling.  That's the real Kenya right there.  Way back in our old TWoP days, someone brilliantly said Kenya looks like "a mean raisin."  That has stayed with me all these years because I just think it's a perfect description.

I think it was Porsha who said Kenya looked like a "mean raisin". BTW, I was surprised that guy on the beach allowed Kenya and Matt into the water on that paddleboat with lightning nearby.

Upon second viewing, I realized just how crappy Peter and the other old men treated Matt. I didn't notice they were indirectly calling him gay in addition to questioning why he didn't have any bastard babies. And then when Matt asked them to step outside, they all doubled-down on the gay talk. Way to keep it classy, house-husbands!

Speaking of which, that goes for you too, Sheree, for tattling to Kim about what was said about her husband, and, might I add, while you were contributing to that conversation.

• Love 6

Re watching I laughed at Peter talking all that shit but not wanting to take that walk.  What was his response, something like "Where we gonna walk to?"  

Speaking of which, that goes for you too, Sheree, for tattling to Kim about what was said about her husband, and, might I add, while you were contributing to that conversation.

I did not mind her exposing everybody...it is going to be seen on tv anyway.  But, damn, could she at least wait until after Kim's wrap up celebration?  You know, like crawl over to her room sometime and tell all like she did with Kenya. 

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 5
Upon second viewing, I realized just how crappy Peter and the other old men treated Matt. I didn't notice they were indirectly calling him gay in addition to questioning why he didn't have any bastard babies. And then when Matt asked them to step outside, they all doubled-down on the gay talk. Way to keep it classy, house-husbands!

What is odd, is that the men on this show usually get along well.  I mean, we all remember the special with Greg, Peter, Todd, and Apollo all trying to make Bar One look like a happening place. 

The men even welcomed Kenya's fake boyfriend Walter, with open arms.  Actually, it seemed like everyone (including the women) liked Walter a lot better then Kenya and kept inviting him to parties.  This was when Kenya made up the story that Walter was "stalking" her, because a man that obviously wants nothing to do with you, is following your every move.

• Love 3

Just when I start to think Peter might be softening up and becoming a little more likeable, he goes and effs it up.  He was a massive dick to Matt.  That was so totally unnecessary.  I agree with AuntiePam - he was definitely jealous and threatened.   Maybe if he wasn't such an asshole he'd feel a little better about himself...

I have to say, I was seriously embarrassed for Gregg when he made that stupid crack about something being wrong with Matt because he has no kids.  Gregg is nothing but a big embarrassment anyway.  Every time he opens his mouth I cringe.  Not too long ago I rewatched his and Nene's wedding special.  Every time Gregg opened his mouth, it was some old tired speech or some corny platitude that had me yelling at the top of my lungs, "STFU Gregg!!!"  And he's just as illiterate as his wife.  For some reason they seem to boycott plural possessives and possessives.  It's like it would kill them to pronounce the letter "s".  Drives me nuts. 

Peter is really an asshole!  He just doesn't seem to be able to help himself.  He was the same way he was tonight with Matt as he was when he first met Apollo.  They actually almost came to blows.  It seems that when Peter meets a younger, better looking man for the first time, he gets combative and tries to flex his muscles like a damned brahma bull swiping the dirt with his hooves.  I do believe if Peter and Cynthia weren't hosting this trip, Matt would have stepped to Peter.  Too bad he backed off.  Peter deserves an ass whoopin.  He just does!

I like Matt.  He seems like a real gentleman and looks out for Kenya.  I think he may really care for her, but I fear the feelings may not be mutual on her end.  When all of the others were celebrating in the background after the mercial shoot and he saw how unhappy Kenya looked, he really seemed distressed by it.  I bet he wishes they could join the others and have fun instead of being the lone standouts all the time. 

He's the most mature person on this show right now.   I too tried to catch it in rewatch because I was just lost.  Didn't even get up for a snack, I thought I might've dozed off, that's how fast it went pear-shaped lol (™ Words)

I was so utterly confused during that "fight" between Kenya's BF and the other guys. Was that man speak?  If so, can one of you males on here translate for a very confused woman.

And translator, could you please go very slowly.  I've seen it twice and still don't know how that got from A to B.  Even on some extra testosterone man shit, I was like what the hell is Peter's axe to grind right now?  I'm glad Matt's the bigger person and made peace and all that, but almost wish he hadn't, it sort of cosigns Peter and Gregg's behavior.  I giggled when he told Kenya (ya'll it's Kenya, like the country, Kendra is Hank's wife, the other reality chick lol) there was trouble with some of *the ancient ones* LOL  aww shit, my tummy still hurts.   Let's see, between the two men questioning this man's manliness, one of you has 5 babies with as many women, n'air a ring amongst them and has taken his wife's money to run two businesses into the ground and the other became so enthralled by the attentions of an exotic dancer as to leave a house full of children and run over his first wife to make her his second.  But Matt is supposed to be offended by their inquiries. Matt. Mmmmkay.  Didn't Peter say he had a son his age?  So, that removes competition, what the hell was the problem?  And Chris I've got jeans that age.  Since when is a person not being your age-peer a bad thing? He talks and behaves like a grown ass man.   LMAO at old-man gang.   Lawt.

I think he genuinely likes Kenya too and she oughta consider herself lucky for it.  Except that he's not polished in a way that she can fix.   Andy Cohen has audio of him telling her (I don't know if it was on camera but it was mic'd) that her titties looked good today.  He said that out loud...as a compliment.  Sometimes the streets are in somebody and they don't even know it let alone know enough to *catch* it.  Apollo has the same lack of sophistication, I just suspect it's easier to tolerate from Matt because he seems to be genuinely adoring.  Given her long laundry list of criteria, she should hang onto him, it's probably not any easier to find a husband (if he must be black) in LA than it would be in Atlanta.  Besides, any straight man who sits in a bath full of bubbles with you is not doing it for his supple skin. I'm just saying.

Cynthia crying annoyed the dog piss outta me.   The hell?  You said exactly what Kenya accused you of saying, what are those fake damb tears about?  It's not like you fell out with your bestie or anything. 

My dude, who will pop into the room from time to time and make some condescending remark about my television viewing choices, came in at the moment Phaedra was clapping and tongue-outting and face scrunching at some crass thing she'd said.  He looked at the tv, looked at me and didn't say a word.  Going forward this scene hurt my argument for custody of the remote. 

• Love 15

All the women's comments (mostly Phaedra) at Matt during that bus ride make me really uncomfortable, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it here.  Why is it okay for a bus full of women to openly sexually harass a man but not the opposite?  Could you imagine if the situation were reversed and it was one woman with a bus full of men making those non-stop sexual innuendos?  All hell would've broken loose!  Hell, someone would be pressing charges!  It was completely unacceptable and Phaedra REALLY should know better.  Southern belle, my ass.

Also, wtf was up with the old man gang coming at Matt like that?  Just because he's not running around knocking up every chick that looks his way, there's something wrong with him?  Sorry he's not a walking stereotype like the rest of you assholes.   I could not figure out where they came from with that craziness.   Was there something that wasn't shown, maybe?

• Love 8

The Old Man Gang (LOL!!! who coined that phrase? Zaldamo? Let's keep it!) was really the worst. They barely had the man's name straight (Mack? Max?) before Gregg went for the jugular. That "Something wrong witcha?" implied that Matt was gay (like it's a bad thing), impotent or infertile. Not exactly a warm welcome to the group. Just beyond rude.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4

All the women's comments (mostly Phaedra) at Matt during that bus ride make me really uncomfortable, I'm surprised no one has mentioned it here.  Why is it okay for a bus full of women to openly sexually harass a man but not the opposite?  Could you imagine if the situation were reversed and it was one woman with a bus full of men making those non-stop sexual innuendos?  All hell would've broken loose!  Hell, someone would be pressing charges!  It was completely unacceptable and Phaedra REALLY should know better.  Southern belle, my ass.

Thanks for reminding me! Pretty much everyone treated Matt poorly this week. Thank gawd Kim's kids weren't on the bus!

• Love 3

The Old Man Gang (LOL!!! who coined that phrase? Zaldamo? Let's keep it!) was really the worst. They barely had the man's name straight (Mack? Max?) before Gregg went for the jugular. That "Something wrong witcha?" implied that Matt was gay (like it's a bad thing), impotent or infertile. Not exactly a warm welcome to the group. Just beyond rude.

LOL!  no ma'am not me, some lovie upthread remembered how Matt described them later to Kenya.   I'm grateful to her for forcing Peter and Gregg to consider themselves the male version of the Coven.   

• Love 2

My dude, who will pop into the room from time to time and make some condescending remark about my television viewing choices, came in at the moment Phaedra was clapping and tongue-outting and face scrunching at some crass thing she'd said.  He looked at the tv, looked at me and didn't say a word.  Going forward this scene hurt my argument for custody of the remote. 

Me too, girl, me too. My guy loves to make fun of me for my reality tv viewing choices. haha. They don't get it. Thankfully he hasn't wandered through when such a said scene has been on. This would also hurt my argument for remote custody in the future.

Edited by Darva6
  • Love 2

This is too funny!

Re: Peter and his family, I thought it was strange that he hadn't been back home in 18 freaking years. Surely he could have afforded a few trips to Jamaica! He is trifiling.

• Love 6

Me too, girl, me too. My guy loves to make fun of me for my reality tv viewing choices. haha. They don't get it. Thankfully he hasn't wandered through when such a said scene has been on. This would also hurt my argument for remote custody in the future.

Lol. Pretend not to understand sports and ask him 49 consecutive annoying as shit random questions about football.   You're welcome ;)

This is too funny!

Re: Peter and his family, I thought it was strange that he hadn't been back home in 18 freaking years. Surely he could have afforded a few trips to Jamaica! He is trifiling.

I'm really confused by this as back in the Anguilla episodes Peter and Cynthia said that they went to Jamaica for their honeymoon, but that they took Noelle with them and so it wasn't very romantic.

• Love 2

Lol. Pretend not to understand sports and ask him 49 consecutive annoying as shit random questions about football.   You're welcome ;)

"They just threw a flag on the field, did someone get a point?"

"They are kicking the ball, did someone get a point?"

"Did that guy get a point for tackling the other guy?"

• Love 8

See, I heard Matt say "the senior brothers" which I thought was a polite way of referring to those nasty-ass old guys, old-school guys at that.

Phaedra doesn't understand why she isn't Nene, so she keeps trying on new personae, although she's always been about the nasty. As someone pointed out, Nene has the charisma and apparently some talent. Vanessa Williams (I remember the night she won) was a trained singer. She worked at singing and acting; she was beautiful and had a lot of talent. And she has had a long and varied career. I haven't seen that Kenya possesses any talent nor that she is working at having an acting career. She wrote and produced a tv show that went nowhere; similarly, Kandi did the same. But this show is Kenya's job.

Kenya and Phaedra want to be Nene, in terms of the popularity and recognition, so they just do stuff people talk about.

• Love 2

Thank you. That stuff with Peter's family made no damn sense them not knowing anything about Cynthia considering they've visited there on their honeymoon and being all over social media and tmz.

That's actually really suspicious considering how shady he is in general about his past and current behavior, or reeks of production- or his own storyline contrivance...like he wanted some spotlight on the trip so created a "moment".

• Love 4

I'm really confused by this as back in the Anguilla episodes Peter and Cynthia said that they went to Jamaica for their honeymoon, but that they took Noelle with them and so it wasn't very romantic.

Exactly!  That's what I thought I remembered as well.  I also have a distinct memory of him saying that he was visiting Jamaica frequently to select the beans for his coffee shop, or whatever that business was a front for.  So he's been going there and just ignoring his family?  I hope that was just storyline contrivance, because if not, if shows what a piece of shit he really is.  

• Love 3

Say what you will, but Kenya does have her own production company and has managed to produce projects, she may not be an A-lister, but I also don't think she was an abject failure before the show.

Abject failure are your words.  However, anybody can set up a production company that's no major feat and if she is so business savvy she would have had a presentation ready for Cynthia even if she didn't make the meeting and she would have called.  It makes me wonder how many other phone calls she didn't make that cost her work.  RHOA is probably the most success she has had even more successful than her pageant win.  Twenty three years post USA Pageant she should be further along, she shouldn't have to act a fool on a reality show for income, IMO.

The Miss America pageant is the one where there is a talent competition, and also wherein they are required to have a "platform," i.e. a special cause they advocate for.  Miss USA is really ALL based on appearance.  There is  a brief interview portion, and maybe a final question -- although they could have done away with that now.

Thanks, I don't watch these pageant anymore, their all the same to me.

Edited by appledumpling
  • Love 1

Maybe he hired a bunch of actors to be his aunts, because his real family in Jamaica wanted nothing to do with him.

Or he hired actors to be his relatives since they were all in jail?

That's actually really suspicious considering how shady he is in general about his past and current behavior, or reeks of production- or his own storyline contrivance...like he wanted some spotlight on the trip so created a "moment".

I wouldn't put it past Peter to want to see his relatives when he could make them think he was a successful wealthy American businessman.

Abject failure are your words.  However, anybody can set up a production company that's no major feat and if she is so business savvy she would have had a presentation ready for Cynthia even if she didn't make the meeting and she would have called.  It makes me wonder how many other phone calls she didn't make that cost her work.  RHOA is probably the most success she has had even more successful than her pageant win.  Twenty three years post USA Pageant she should be further along, she shouldn't have to act a fool on a reality show for income, IMO.

If memory serves, Kenya was involved with producing Phaedra's exercise video and dropped the ball too, only to decide to make her own video when she was fired (or wasn't hired) by Phaedra.

• Love 1

I use the words abject failure because it reflects what I feel the attitude is towards her from her detractors.  While it may not be difficult to set up a company, actually having your production company produce a full length film is not that easy.  And its even a lot of work if it goes straight to video.  Kenya probably had no real interest in doing a commercial for Cynthia, no matter how she crowed about it on the show.  But I think the entire "commercial" was a set up from the start.  I don't really believe that Cynthia "just happened" to want to film a commercial in Jamaica.  I don't see how she would have had money in her budget for it.  You can write off business expenses, but you have to have the money to front them in the first place.  And if it wasn't a legitimate commercial than it was really a girls trip disguised as a commercial shoot.  Which means that there had to be drama surrounding it or else Bravo wouldn't have been interested.   

Less than 1% of pageant winners have gone onto success in the entertainment world.  And even by those small numbers, Kenya is probably better known than some of those that have had any measure of success in entertainment.  So I'm not sure why there is this expectation that she should be "further along" because of the Miss USA title.  Where exactly do you think she should be in light of the Miss USA win?

If memory serves, Kenya was involved with producing Phaedra's exercise video and dropped the ball too, only to decide to make her own video when she was fired (or wasn't hired) by Phaedra.

She and Phaedra couldn't agree to terms.  She tried to save the project by contacting Apollo.  It was not salvageable, because they could not agree to terms.  I don't see how not being hired by someone necessarily proves that you somehow dropped the ball.  She put in the work, put everything together and felt that Phaedra's offer was unfair.  How does that show that Kenya "dropped the ball?"

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 1

So I'm not sure why there is this expectation that she should be "further along" because of the Miss USA title.  Where exactly do you think she should be in light of the Miss USA win?

Well, Oprah for one.  SHE only made it to Miss Black Tennessee.  

I didn't understand any of that. Why so much animosity from them so fast?  But that faded quickly to the background for me.  That happened when I started listening and Matt told them he was a personal trainer, was half their age, and formerly in the military.  And they have eyes.  Matt' is twice their size and that is all muscle.  Why were they so convinced that Matt wouldn't wipe the floor with. them? Is RHoA so prone to fighting that they have hulking giant bodyguards behind the scenes?

• Love 3

I shouldn't post until the end of the episode, but I liked Kim Field's reaction to Kenya's nonsense at the very beginning of the episode regarding Chris- refreshing!

Though this show is looking faker than a plastic peach this episode- the scene with the old lady gang pretty much sealed the deal that people are playing roles. (Not that I care much.)

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 1

Well, Oprah for one.  SHE only made it to Miss Black Tennessee.  

So one person, who was incidentally involved in pageants made it big and so it means everyone involved in pageants should?

How much do you think that pageant had to do with her success or opening doors for her?  This is the same as saying because Warren Buffet wears purple socks, everyone who wears purple socks should be a financial success.

Your statement is right, Oprah for one, one out of over 10,000....that means Oprah's success represents less than .0001% of pageant winners.  Basing an expectation off of .0001% of people doesn't make much sense to me at all.

• Love 1

Well, Oprah for one.  SHE only made it to Miss Black Tennessee.

This!  And Oprah had a horrific childhood, her mother wasn't a major factor in her life.  I feel Kenya would have done better for herself had she stayed in Detroit instead of trying to make it in Hollywood.  I mean Oprah started out in a very small market, Mississippi or Tennessee, IIRC.  The entertainment industry is a long shot.  Kenya just made poor choices, career wise. 

• Love 1

Am I the only one obsessed with the fact that Kenya had a banana clip in her hair?

I think something is wrong as well with Kenya. She has a severe problem that I can't put my finger on. I do believe that she's jealous of Kim (not of her clothes, which doesn't bother me....clothes are clothes).

she has that inflated sense of self importance...I am just over her...she isn't even amusing to watch anymore. She is the Donald Trump of the RHOA.

• Love 1

Your statement is right, Oprah for one, one out of over 10,000....that means Oprah's success represents less than .0001% of pageant winners.  Basing an expectation off of .0001% of people doesn't make much sense to me at all.

Well, another way to look at it is that there have only been 65 Miss USAs and 8 have gone on to be Miss Universe and at least 3 are familiar to the public (Ali Landry, Shanna Moakler and Laura Herring).  So she REALLY has greater than a 1 in 20 chance of being fairly famous!  And several of the other winners did NOT aspire to a media career (at least a couple are doctors) etc.  

Maybe she's just a late bloomer.

I found it completely ludicrous the way Kenya and Nene went on about that sheet as if they were saying anything that would remotely discredit Kim Fields. As if their observations hold any weight WHAT SO EVER. Really? No seriously, Really? That would be like Michael Moore having something to say about how Steven Speilberg is running his set. Now I know Kim is no Steven but I'm aiming at the huge gap in accomplishments as the example. I just can't with how ridiculous of a stretch it is to show us Kenya and Nene critiquing Kim's professional process.  I'm an office manager with over 20 years of experience and it would be like an office assistant who may have worked as an "office manager" at a loft in 1999 at a dot.com in silicon alley during the boom with her IT people wearing sneakers and shorts to work for the 5 seconds that start up lasted trying to criticize how I do my quarterly reports. The fucking nerve!  And yes I said Kim Fields cause when all is said and done, no matter who thinks what about what, that woman is accredited and has a very long and successful career under her belt. That just can't be denied. It just can't. And it sure as hell can't be done by those two. Hell nah!

Woah, wait. Why are you dissing MMoore? He does great work, not fair to use Kenya/Nene as an analogy! ;)

Well, another way to look at it is that there have only been 65 Miss USAs and 8 have gone on to be Miss Universe and at least 3 are familiar to the public (Ali Landry, Shanna Moakler and Laura Herring). So she REALLY has greater than a 1 in 20 chance of being fairly famous! And several of the other winners did NOT aspire to a media career (at least a couple are doctors) etc.

Maybe she's just a late bloomer.

I don't wanna get off topic but I love Laura Harring. She is so ridiculously beautiful and was fantastic in Mulholland Drive .

Am I the only one obsessed with the fact that Kenya had a banana clip in her hair?

she has that inflated sense of self importance...I am just over her...she isn't even amusing to watch anymore. She is the Donald Trump of the RHOA.

When was she wearing a banana clip? I can't believe I missed that.

Oh dear....it was at night when they were sitting at the table.....I deleted it off of my DVR so I will have to search for it...but it was clearly a white banana clip lol....we used those back in Brooklyn back in 1992 lol