Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Peaches Of The Caribbean

• Start Topic

How much money is Kenya paying that guy to play her boyfriend?

MTE. Most of the time he looks like he's thinking about his next line.

I will say that I loved the chemistry between the group when they were filming the 'mercial. Bob was a mess and it was just good to see everyone laughing. Greg insinuating that there is something wrong with Matt because he doesn't have kids at 28 was just weird. Some people want to, IDK, settle down and marry a woman before popping out kids. Novel idea, I know.

• Love 11

whoever came up with "mercial" must have watched Survivor (about 2 seasons ago) were they kept saying "merica" instead of America.

I still don't like Kim!

I can't stand Nene but for some weird reason I like her and Kenya together.

I can't believe I'm still watching this show. I keep thinking, this will be the last episode (especially with Nene coming back).

• Love 5

I was starting to like Peter, and then he felt threatened by the younger guy, with a better body, shit together, doesn't have 5 baby mama's with multiple kids..... What a loser, Peter is. Greg is just a piece of crap shuffling around in flip flops. Phaedra is obviously horny as she can't keep her big tongue in her mouth, and makes crude comments about everything. Kim Fields is so awkward in all interactions, and she just can't get it right. I think Chris and Matt would make a cute couple- sorry! Is Bob Whitfield impaired from being hit in the head too many times?

Sheree..... WTF?! Her new truth warrior crap is over the top stupid. What a buzz kill.

• Love 6
(Timing may vary.) (Seriously, not weird to me that someone who served in both branches doesn't have children- also not weird because he's not married and 28!)

I was annoyed when Peter and Gregg thought Kenya's bf was "weird" because he was 28 and had no children.  The reason I was annoyed was because it has become a negative stereotype that a lot of black people have to deal with.  I have a friend who was looking for a job in the 1990's; when she went on interviews, she'd tell the interviewer that she did NOT have any children (they're not allowed to ask you that question); because she knew they assumed that because she was a black woman in her thirties, she had to have a child somewhere, even though she wasn't married.  I don't think Peter or Gregg would think it strange if a 28 year old white man didn't have children, that's why it pissed me off.

I don't like Kenya at all, but I think there is something really wrong with her.  She won Miss USA, that's not a title to sneeze at.  I'm surprised she wasn't able to parlay that title into a successful acting or broadcasting career (Diane Sawyer was a Junior Miss in the 1960's).  I also wonder why she wasn't able to land a filthy rich husband; life is kind to beauty queens IMO.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 14

Was I the only one annoyed by "mershal"? Ack. It made me want to mute the entire episode.

Porsha does nothing for me, and I don't see the chemistry with her date- low standards.

I HATED everyone saying "mercial". It wasn't cute at all to me and they were ALL saying it. Shut UP.

I loathe Porsha and her attention-starved ass. I am usually embarrassed for her when she is on the screen. Her ignorance is astounding. Did anyone else notice when she thought plantains were fish? What? I can't.

• Love 9

When Kim was (conveniently) absent during "drinks" and one of the women said, "maybe she wanted an alone night with her man", did anyone think she was having another Kandi Koated Night? [/quoted]

No, I just assumed she had to be on set early so went to sleep early, same reason Cynthia also wasn't present

I was joking because Kim told Kandi in an earlier episode that she had just had a Kandi Koated night with her hubby.

Cynthia was there and made a long apology to Kenya. The "point" of the meeting was so that NeNe could get Kenya to come down and have Cynthia "apologize". (Or if you're cynical, so this could be featured as a storyline.) Cynthia did a TH about how a line had been crossed re:Chris, but  just sat there in silence during the unsavory talk. I wish that Cynthia had shown some backbone during the talk,  and not   just afterwards in a TH. But asking Cynthia to  show backbone (particularly when NeNe is around) is  like  asking a cat to fly.

(Not sure why my joke about Kandi's business and an earlier topic that Kim brought up herself was so objectionable and had to be defended?)

ETA:

Storyline meaning production wanted the women to meet up and discuss this particular topic to give this season more drama- and Kenya (being herself) was more than happy to oblige.

When I said "low standards" Re: Porsha, I was referring to her TH saying that   her boo   took off work for a free vacation to Jamaica with her so he may be the one. Um,  I would take off work to go on a free trip to Jamaica with Porsha and I'm largely indifferent to Porsha! That is not a good ruler to measure potential suitors by- as if we believe Porsha would settle for anything less than a $Baller$.

Going back to Cynthia-  Has she not heard the various versions of the quote: "The only thing evil [wo]men need to triumph is for good [wo]men to do nothing"? Citing Edmund Burke on this one, though (full discretion) I'm not entirely sure that lame attempt at a citation is accurate. I apologize to all the English majors out there for butchering your language. (English is a difficult language- as we can see in this very episode regarding the use of "commercial". (Joke)

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 4

I HATED everyone saying "mercial". It wasn't cute at all to me and they were ALL saying it. Shut UP.

I loathe Porsha and her attention-starved ass. I am usually embarrassed for her when she is on the screen. Her ignorance is astounding. Did anyone else notice when she thought plantains were fish? What? I can't.

I enjoyed everyone saying "mercial".  They were all joking around and having fun.

As for the plantains, I can see where Porsha might have thought they were fish.  There's a Puerto Rican fried codfish dish called bacalaitos that kinda do resemble fried plantains.  

• Love 12

I don't like Kenya at all, but I think there is something really wrong with her.  She won Miss USA, that's not a title to sneeze at.  I'm surprised she wasn't able to parlay that title into a successful acting or broadcasting career (Diane Sawyer was a Junior Miss in the 1960's).  I also wonder why she wasn't able to land a filthy rich husband; life is kind to beauty queens IMO.

As vicious as Phaedra was several seasons back in calling out her mental faculties, I do think she was on to something about her emotional state very early on (for all of Phaedra's flaws, she knows how to keep her head together) I bet Kenya had alot of career/romantic opportunities she squandered because she's such a day-to-day nightmare to handle.

• Love 15

Going back to Cynthia-  Has she not heard the various versions of the quote: "The only thing evil [wo]men need to triumph is for good [wo]men to do nothing"? Citing Edmund Burke on this one, though (full discretion) I'm not entirely sure that lame attempt at a citation is accurate. I apologize to all the English majors out there for butchering your language. (English is a difficult language- as we can see in this very episode regarding the use of "commercial". (Joke)

Then Sheree should have had some responsibility too. Cynthia didn't like it but at least she kept her mouth shut  both before and after, and didn't laugh. Sheree snickered, didn't stop the conversation but couldn't wait to tell Kim what was said. To me that's even worse.

Yes, Kenya is going to take the hit, especially since they show Nene and Phaedra talking to Kim about the rumors as if neither of them fanned those flames - but Phaedra was the first to make allusions calling him "sassy" etc. to the group. They can beat around the bush but everyone knew it for what it was. Kenya picked up on the comments and shared the gossip. Get mad at her if you want, but she didn't start the fire (Google will show rumors about that long before this trip, hell, whole buncha folks here know they googled when that rumor popped up!) and she's no friend of Kim's, so whatever her wrongs, at least she didn't pretend otherwise. Phaedra, who spends the most time with Kim and professes to advise her, was doing the most alluding and if I were Kim I'd be mad at her, because I'd have no expectations of loyalty from Kenya.

No matter my feelings about Kim, that was truly fucked up for Sheree to shuttle in on her Freedom Rider bus claiming she needed to tell Kim what was said. Like, how was Kim supposed to feel about that shit? I highly suspect production minions and everyone else recognized it for what it was - except Kim. She would not have signed off on that shit. So they blindsided her, including her good friend Phaedra. I'm almost, almost feeling sorry for her, she has no real idea what she got her ass into. Aaaand then she opens her sanctimonious mouth and I think, yeah ... no.

Kenya. I can enjoy your antics on tv, and have a tiny bit of pity because it was clear all that acting out and throwing salt was your bitterness and hurt feelings. Still, I continue to say you aren't doing yourself any favors every time you let them see your buttons.

Ugh, another episode before they get back to Atlanta?? Can they leave this damned place already? :/

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 6

Phaedra has this way of laughing and sticking her tongue out that reminds me of Moms Mabley.

ROFL...you are spot on with that comparison! Also kinda like that mean kid on the playground who pushes you off the swing and thinks it's funny....mean spirited sometimes.

Edited by Psalm11
  • Love 2

This is the first season I watch since maybe 3 or 4 so if I were to rank them from best to worst

1. Phaedra - I appreciate in heat Phaedra with her skimpy outfits and empty office.

2. Kandi - she remains the most likeable but she's been sidelined and some of the stuff with the husband make me uncomfortable.

3. Sheree - she's instigating but at least she's a friend and not main cast so everyone knows why she's doing it and she's pretty upfront about it.

4. Porsha - mostly because of the hot Venezuelan guy. I can't get over how horrible she was to her sister.

5. Cynthia - she hasn't changed much, she's nice but 100% a follower.

6. Kim - sanctimonious and boring

7. Kenya - no

Edited by phoe
  • Love 1

Phaedra is just gross, the way she was going on about Kenya and boyfriend at the spa and lubricant.  It seems like Phaedra knows less about sex than many 13 year olds and was going for shock value but it was not embarrassing the boyfriend, it was embarrassing Phaedra, so awkward.  Also, why was Phaedra wearing no underwear?  What was the point?  Truthfully, she has got to know that her kids might see the show at some point in their lives as well as clients. 

Both Kenya and Nene were commenting on the lack of information on the call sheet, something tells me it was a production thing, they probably told Kim that they would take care of it so Kim probably did not even know what info was there or not.  Those two were just looking for flaws or mistakes to make Kim look bad.

Gregg likes naps.

• Love 5

I thought Peter had 7 children by 5 women and none are with his wife Cynthia. He had some nerve pushing Matt's buttons. How would he like it if he was in a group of new people he was trying to impress and someone asking him how many collection agencies are after him or how many strangers titties he's been rubbing in his bar?

Rather lukewarm episode IMO, despite the ladies trying to create drama. Ladies = Sheree, Kenya, and Peter.

They are all struggling for that peach. LOL.

• Love 8

I thought Peter had 7 children by 5 women and none are with his wife Cynthia. He had some nerve pushing Matt's buttons. How would he like it if he was in a group of new people he was trying to impress and someone asking him how many collection agencies are after him or how many strangers titties he's been rubbing in his bar?

I know he has at least 5 kids and so does old man Gregg. Gregg's kids don't have a good relationship with him, as was evidenced by the Nene wedding special and we had the pleasure of meeting his kids on teevee during some therapy session. So he needs to STFU. Seeing him on the bus taking his nap with his mouth hanging open was gross. I was expecting him to start drooling any second. That man is enjoying living off Nene's short lived fame. Never liked him, never will. 

Peter was an ass to Matt, they all were, actually. 

Kenya-there are no words. She doesn't like Kim so she brings up the gay rumor about her husband out of nowhere. That was low. Really low. I have lost any sympathy I ever had for that sick, twisted bitch with her motherless childhood. She will go to any lengths to try to hurt someone the same way her mother hurt her. Go get some serious therapy, girl.  There is no chemistry between her and Matt. I'm sure he is a friend or paid friend. Same as Walter was. And Matty better watch out because as soon as he dumps her, Kenya will put him in the gay category as well, just like she did with Walter. 

• Love 5

Peter was an ass to Matt. I think he was immediately jealous of Matt's looks and his youth. Those questions came off as challenging, and Matt wasn't having any. I don't blame him for responding the way he did.

Sheree -- it's one thing to be honest, quite another to tell Kim that the bitches were snickering about her husband's sexuality. Why would she do that? She didn't stop to think that Kim would be hurt by the behind-her-back talk, and that if it's true that Chris is gay, it's not something that they have chosen to be open about.

I thought Phaedra's innuendoes to Kenya and Matt were sleazy, and she needs to keep her tongue in her mouth. I swear, those women laugh at the stupidest shit.

Watching those women criticize the call sheets -- petty much? So much jealousy!

You took the words right out of my mouth on all these issues, right down to "sleazy." What a mess.
  • Love 2

Why was Greg making a big deal about Matt not.having.a.single.child? He's only 28! My question would be, why in the world would he need to have a child?

I found that very, very strange.

So upset about Nene coming back. I was so enjoying not seeing her ugly face and demeanor on the screen.

• Love 5
Google will show rumors about that long before this trip, hell, whole buncha folks here know they googled when that rumor popped up!)

Well what's wrong with tap dancing? Savion Glover(sp) Sammy Davis Jr, Nicholas Brothers, Ben Vereen.

and she's no friend of Kim's

Didn't she bring onto the show? And why was Bob wearing red socks on the day of the commercial shooting? LoL

• Love 3

Man, I have no idea why that conversation amongst the men went so pear-shaped so fast. I suspect something important was lost in editing. Matt, despite his slip-ups like calling the men "women" when he was ticked off with them, is way too grown-up to last on this show or any other reality show. After all, he said the words never heard on reality TV: I was wrong.

NeNe can go home now. I've never liked her. The idea that she should give style advice (or hand out "jew-ry") to anyone is ludicrous. Bless her heart, she's just chasing that "con-track" so hard.

I used to like Phaedra, but her mugging and tongue-wagging have gotten on my last nerve. Her fishnet-clad rump doesn't help.

The less said about Kenya the better.

The scenes with Peter's aunt were charming. Everything else involving Peter, not so much.

• Love 8

I think a Miss USA, Miss America turning their win into a career in entertainment is more the exception and not the rule.  I'm sure they are out there, but I've never seen or imagined a pageant title as an automatic pass into the world of entertainment.  Not even back in the day when people really cared.  Between Miss USA, Miss Universe, Miss America and Miss World I can't even think of more than a handful that have made a career in entertainment.

• Love 6

When Kim was (conveniently) absent during "drinks" and one of the women said, "maybe she wanted an alone night with her man", did anyone think she was having another Kandi Koated Night? Except then it cut to the next scene and Chris was with the Old Man Gang saying he had jeans older than Matt. I'm sure Kim was just turning the hotel drapes into the same kind of housedresess that she wears for actual lunches with these women, while reading books to her sons. Kim- I know you owe back taxes, but surely- SURELY there has to be another clothing option. You and Cynthia look like you're from two different planets, its startling. I'm about to invite you to a brunch, in which you can't wear anything that was made in the 90s, or any long shapeless cloths. When the Duggars (first season) dress better than you- you have a problem. However, I would never actually invite you to said brunch, because its your body and you can choose what to wear. (Even though I'm desperately trying to look up a phone number for What Not to Wear, to see if they still exist. Hey there ya go- I'm sure it'd be a paying gig! Double the fun!)

LMFAO, especially at the bolded .....oh the shade of it all!

• Love 3

The scenes with Peter's aunt were charming. Everything else involving Peter, not so much.

Watching them hold hands was very sweet. Wonder why he hasn't seen his family in Jamaica in 20 years? And why he never brought Cynthia to meet them before now? I'm glad he finally did; it was long overdue.

• Love 4

I was so utterly confused during that "fight" between Kenya's BF and the other guys.  Was that man speak?  If so, can one of you males on here translate for a very confused woman.

Kenya just could not control her seething jealousy over Kim, the 'mercial, and the wrap party when everyone praised Kim for a great job.  And of course you weren't on the call sheet bitch.  Remember at the sit down with Kim and Cynthia, you said, very loudly and aggressively that you would NOT take any part in the commercial, and then got salty when Cynthia invited other people to be in it?  Can't have it both ways, boo.

• Love 8

Phaedra is just gross, the way she was going on about Kenya and boyfriend at the spa and lubricant.  It seems like Phaedra knows less about sex than many 13 year olds and was going for shock value but it was not embarrassing the boyfriend, it was embarrassing Phaedra, so awkward.  Also, why was Phaedra wearing no underwear?  What was the point?  Truthfully, she has got to know that her kids might see the show at some point in their lives as well as clients. 

Both Kenya and Nene were commenting on the lack of information on the call sheet, something tells me it was a production thing, they probably told Kim that they would take care of it so Kim probably did not even know what info was there or not.  Those two were just looking for flaws or mistakes to make Kim look bad.

Gregg likes naps.

What I couldn't get over is these women trying it with that schedule. Like ummm what? Nene played into that too. What I couldn't get over was how they were really mulling over it like they were seriously some sort of authority over such matters. It was actually pretty surreal. Now I know it seems that Kim has come across a bit extra about her credetials but I really don't see it that way. Kim HAS reached a level of success and HAS attained a status that, if need be, SHOULD be reiterated if these ain't shit bitches want to get their salt on and considering how disrespectful it has gotten I don't see anything wrong with the bit of push back Kim does by way of her very minor self proclamations that mainly have been done OUTSIDE of these women. It's not like she's constantly reminding them blatantly that she's "Kim Fields" and I see nothing wrong with how she carries herself in the face of deliberate provocations that come with this show.

I found it completely ludicrous the way Kenya and Nene went on about that sheet as if they were saying anything that would remotely discredit Kim Fields. As if their observations hold any weight WHAT SO EVER. Really? No seriously, Really? That would be like Michael Moore having something to say about how Steven Speilberg is running his set. Now I know Kim is no Steven but I'm aiming at the huge gap in accomplishments as the example. I just can't with how ridiculous of a stretch it is to show us Kenya and Nene critiquing Kim's professional process.  I'm an office manager with over 20 years of experience and it would be like an office assistant who may have worked as an "office manager" at a loft in 1999 at a dot.com in silicon alley during the boom with her IT people wearing sneakers and shorts to work for the 5 seconds that start up lasted trying to criticize how I do my quarterly reports. The fucking nerve!  And yes I said Kim Fields cause when all is said and done, no matter who thinks what about what, that woman is accredited and has a very long and successful career under her belt. That just can't be denied. It just can't. And it sure as hell can't be done by those two. Hell nah!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

Watching them hold hands was very sweet. Wonder why he hasn't seen his family in Jamaica in 20 years? And why he never brought Cynthia to meet them before now? I'm glad he finally did; it was long overdue.

Because Peter doesn't give a shit about them, but hey, since they were going to Jamaica anyway on BRAVO'S dime, why not hog some camera time and make it all about him? Narcissistic asshole.  Just my opinion. 

• Love 10

I'm starting to regret my decision to start watching this show again.

First, there is the very nasty implication in these accusations of a black woman's husband being gay which never go unnoticed by me. I completely agree with the observations made in the last episode's thread.

Now, something must be "wrong" with a 28-year-old black man if he doesn't have a litter of kids with some woman (or multiple women) who isn't or hasn't ever been his wife? Matt calling the other guys women was icing on the cake.

These people are gross.

ETA: spelling

Edited by My Friend Goo
  • Love 4

I had  to do a double take on Gregg's comment about Matt not having children; just because he's not planting seeds all over Atlanta doesn't make him odd--he's being responsible, and I applaud him for it. In fact, as a single woman myself,  Kenya and I are the same age, and I would LOVE to find a dude in my age category without children in tow, but that's increasingly hard to find.

Speaking of Kenya, it made me chuckle a bit to see other having a blast doing the 'mercial while she's off in the paddleboat being salty; had the commercial been a flop, she'd be giddy as a schoolgirl. Jealousy is rearing it's ugly head.

Spreading rumors about Kim's husband was foul, but if Sheree wanted to snitch, she should've pull Kim aside and spared her the humiliation. There is time and place to break the news, but I get it, she wants her peach back

Edited by sereion1
  • Love 5

If I remember right, Phaedra was right there with the rest of them, speculating about Chris's sexuality.  Didn't she say he might be an "act-RESS"?  Then on WWHL, she told Andy that it was "taboo" in the black community to accuse a man of being gay.  Bitch, please.

• Love 7

What did Peter say his real name is? I know people who go by different names than they did growing up; I know tons of guys who are Tre, Jay, Junior, Junebug, Peanut etc to their families, but their government name to everyone else. But Peter, Mr. I don't tell my wife about my failing businesses, Mr. 50 kids by 40 women, Mr. I might cheat on my wife because she's experiencing medical issues, Mr. I live in a different city than my wife? Yeah, no. It sounds sketchy as hell. 

• Love 6

If I remember right, Phaedra was right there with the rest of them, speculating about Chris's sexuality.  Didn't she say he might be an "act-RESS"?  Then on WWHL, she told Andy that it was "taboo" in the black community to accuse a man of being gay.  Bitch, please.

Yes, it was very strange for Phaedra to act as though her hands are clean. She's made a lot of negative implications (i.e. been shady as fuck) about homosexuality, and then to make the remark about it being taboo in the black community without qualifying that she herself doesn't feel that way? It seems contradictory of her commitment to earning money at her various JobZZZZZ (emphasis Phaedra's) to say that to your gay boss. Andy, for some reason, seems very forgiving of the Atlanta cast. Fighting, slurs, etc. Miss Lawrence quit because he was upset with the cast for appropriating gay culture yet being dismissive/contemptuous of actual gay men.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 10

I had to double take and Gregg's comment over Matt not having children; just because he's not planting seeds all over Atlanta doesn't me he's odd--he's being responsible, and applaud him for it. In fact, as a single woman myself,  Kenya and I are the same age, and I would LOVE to find a dude in my age category without children in tow, but that's increasingly hard to find.

Then you must follow Kendra's lead and find yourself someone under 30 ;) 

I'm only 32 and worried that I might not be able to find a guy that is childless =/ 

• Love 4

What did Peter say his real name is? I know people who go by different names than they did growing up; I know tons of guys who are Tre, Jay, Junior, Junebug, Peanut etc to their families, but their government name to everyone else. But Peter, Mr. I don't tell my wife about my failing businesses, Mr. 50 kids by 40 women, Mr. I might cheat on my wife because she's experiencing medical issues, Mr. I live in a different city than my wife? Yeah, no. It sounds sketchy as hell. 

Peter is his real name, but they used to call him something else, I wanna say it was something ridiculous like Elvis.  But this is so common in caribbean families.  People have nicknames that everyone thinks is their real name or no one remembers their real name.  I have cousins that are still to this day trying to get people to call them by their government name since they are now adults!  

• Love 4

Yes! Elvis! Thank you. I knew it was something hilarious. I have cousins who we still call by their nicknames too. I had the nerve to be offended when they asked me to call them by their real names. Ha! In my mom's generation and older, it was common for women to call their husbands by their last name. I have no idea why, but I just discovered last year that my aunt's husband's first name isn't Thomas. It's Joe. I felt like such a dumb ass lol. I didn't find out my other aunt's husband's first name wasn't actually Morris until his funeral. I'm like, "Ma, who is Leroy?" But Elvis? I want Elvis' backstory because Elvis is shady. Where are the receipts, Elvis? Check your credit report , Cynthia!

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 6

I don't like Kenya at all, but I think there is something really wrong with her.  She won Miss USA, that's not a title to sneeze at.  I'm surprised she wasn't able to parlay that title into a successful acting or broadcasting career (Diane Sawyer was a Junior Miss in the 1960's).  I also wonder why she wasn't able to land a filthy rich husband; life is kind to beauty queens IMO.

Don't forget Vanessa Williams who managed to parlayed her title in to a successful singing and acting career after a scandal.  And became an A-Lister.   I think Kenya did not have the right people around her at that time, because even if she wasn't successful in the entertainment industry she should be successful in another field.  Does anybody know what her talent was in the Miss USA Pageant or what her platform was?

As far as landing a filthy rich husband is concerned, I feel her mommyless daughter issues have railroaded many a relationship.

I found it completely ludicrous the way Kenya and Nene went on about that sheet as if they were saying anything that would remotely discredit Kim Fields. As if their observations hold any weight WHAT SO EVER. Really? No seriously, Really? That would be like Michael Moore having something to say about how Steven Speilberg is running his set. Now I know Kim is no Steven but I'm aiming at the huge gap in accomplishments as the example. I just can't with how ridiculous of a stretch it is to show us Kenya and Nene critiquing Kim's professional process.  I'm an office manager with over 20 years of experience and it would be like an office assistant who may have worked as an "office manager" at a loft in 1999 at a dot.com in silicon alley during the boom with her IT people wearing sneakers and shorts to work for the 5 seconds that start up lasted trying to criticize how I do my quarterly reports. The fucking nerve!  And yes I said Kim Fields cause when all is said and done, no matter who thinks what about what, that woman is accredited and has a very long and successful career under her belt. That just can't be denied. It just can't. And it sure as hell can't be done by those two. Hell nah!

And a mother who has loved, nurtured and supported her throughout her life unlike Kenya and NeNe and with that even if Kim never acts or directs again she'll still have something those two will never have.   

Kenya who's mother wants nothing to do with her and NeNe who's mother gave her to an aunt to raise and even though she knew and had contact with her mother, seems to have unanswered questions.  Both woman have abandonment issues, feeling unwanted and unloved.  That's why at damn near 50 both are still talking about who's their BFF's and why they feel the need to discredit Kim about the call sheet.   Because your abandonment makes you feel inadequate you have to take everybody else down a peg or two in order to feel good about yourself.   Both need intensive therapy.  

Spreading rumors about Kim's husband was foul, but if Sheree wanted to snitch, she should've pull Kim aside and spared her the humiliation. There is time and place to break the news, but I get it, she wants her peach back

She's trying to get that house completed.  Remember she had no floors at the beginning of this season.

• Love 5

Andy, for some reason, seems very forgiving of the Atlanta cast. Fighting, slurs, etc. Miss Lawrence quit because he was upset with the cast for appropriating gay culture yet being dismissive/contemptuous of actual gay men.

I didn't know this about Miss Lawrence!   I respect the hell outta that - good for him.

At the other end of the pendulum, I assume Andy's forgiveness is tied directly to RHOA being the biggest money maker in the franchise (assuming it still is).

• Love 4

Yeah, I noticed her inability to distinguish fish from big bananas, but this is Porsha...

Considering what Peter is like, I was expecting his family to try and roll these girls.

What did Peter say his real name is?

They called him "Elvis" (or was that his real name?). I am curious how that name came about, other than "Elvis the Pelvis". 

• Love 2

Don't forget Vanessa Williams who managed to parlayed her title in to a successful singing and acting career after a scandal.  And became an A-Lister.   I think Kenya did not have the right people around her at that time, because even if she wasn't successful in the entertainment industry she should be successful in another field.  Does anybody know what her talent was in the Miss USA Pageant or what her platform was?

Besides Vanessa Williams, and Diane Sawyer, how many other former Miss Americas or Miss USAs have made a career in entertainment?  That is  2 women, out of nearly 200 crown winners between the two pageants.  Say what you will, but Kenya does have her own production company and has managed to produce projects, she may not be an A-lister, but I also don't think she was an abject failure before the show.  I think winning a pageant can open doors, or even the scandal surrounding the pageant can open doors, but I don't think it was ever that influential.  I really don't understand why or how a pageant win would ensure success in any other field.

Edited by RCharter

I think Kenya did not have the right people around her at that time, because even if she wasn't successful in the entertainment industry she should be successful in another field.  Does anybody know what her talent was in the Miss USA Pageant or what her platform was?

If I'm not mistaken, the Miss USA pageant doesn't have a talent category.  It has swimsuit, evening gown and then they have to answer a question by the judges.  Now I don't know if the Miss Michigan pageant that she won as a preliminary to Miss USA had a talent portion and if it did, what talent Kenya performed.  (Good old Google:  I just found out that Halle Berry was Miss Ohio and was first runner up for Miss USA in 1986.  Just shows that sometimes the non winners do better than the winners in these contests.)

Besides Vanessa Williams, and Diane Sawyer, how many other former Miss Americas or Miss USAs have made a career in entertainment?

I may be really dating myself, but I remember a lady by the name of Bess Myerson who was Miss America in 1945 (way before my time) who used to be a regular on a gameshow called I've Got A Secret, was on a show called Candid Camera, as well as usually being one of the commentators on subsequent Miss America pageants.  She was also the first and only Jewish Miss America.  She also had a very public life in politics.  She just died in 2014 at the age of 90.

Two other people I can remember are Lee Meriwether, Miss America 1955, who used to be on Barnaby Jones and MaryAnn Mobley, Miss America 1959, who was featured in some Elvis movies and was married to actor Gary Collins.  She also died in 2014 at age 77.

And how can I forget Phyllis George, Miss America 1971, who went on to do Candid Camera, People, was a sports anchor for NFL Today and most notably was first lady in my home state of Kentucky married to then governor John Y. Brown.

Here is a link that lists a bunch more pageant winners that includes Oprah Winfrey and many more.  http://pageantcenter.com/famous.html#.VsRx0iAo51s

Edited by swankie
  • Love 3

Then you must follow Kendra's lead and find yourself someone under 30 ;) 

I'm only 32 and worried that I might not be able to find a guy that is childless =/ 

LOL! Yes, I have gone full cougar mode, now! ;-)

I think Kenya did not have the right people around her at that time, because even if she wasn't successful in the entertainment industry she should be successful in another field.

Could be, and she probably did, but given her attitude, I think she'd end up burning those bridges. In general, she has a very hard time establishing solid and positive relationships with people; case in point, in addition to Kim, she's clashed with Vivica A Fox, Sherry Shepard to name a few. I could put Nene in the same category as Kenya in terms of personality, but she's more charismatic, and because of this, she was able to parlay her HW fame to other projects and appearances.

She's trying to get that house completed.  Remember she had no floors at the beginning of this season.

Ahhh, yes. I forgot about Château Sheree. Well, now that she and Bob on good terms, he can contribute towards it completion.

Edited by sereion1

What is wrong with Phaedra?! She tries so hard with the Southern Belle, professional business woman image, and now, all of a sudden, she's exposing her Donkey Booty everywhere, making crude, sexual innuendo comments, all with her big Ol tongue wagging out, and cackling away!

Kendra is a beautiful woman, but must be really damaged- likely from her situation with her mother. She seems incapable of meeting any good men and maintaining a relationship. Matt seems like a good friend, but let's be honest- he is not into women.

Regardless of his sexual preferences, Peter, Greg, and Bob grilling Matt about not having any kids, was so rude. Peter was the unofficial host of this trip, and to make one of their guests feel so uncomfortable shows just how insecure and shady he really is.

Does Bob Whitfield have post concussion syndrome- because he's not right.

Greg absolutely nauseates me- he was pretending to sleep on the bus as a statement that he wasn't interested in hearing about Kendra and Matt in the hot tub. Seeing him shuffle around in sandals with his big old gut is just grossss!

Kim Fields is still so awkward that I find it uncomfortable to watch her.

• Love 3

If I'm not mistaken, the Miss USA pageant doesn't have a talent category.  It has swimsuit, evening gown and then they have to answer a question by the judges.  Now I don't know if the Miss Michigan pageant that she won as a preliminary to Miss USA had a talent portion and if it did, what talent Kenya performed.  (Good old Google:  I just found out that Halle Berry was Miss Ohio and was first runner up for Miss USA in 1986.  Just shows that sometimes the non winners do better than the winners in these contests.)

I may be really dating myself, but I remember a lady by the name of Bess Myerson who was Miss America in 1945 (way before my time) who used to be a regular on a gameshow called I've Got A Secret, was on a show called Candid Camera, as well as usually being one of the commentators on subsequent Miss America pageants.  She was also the first and only Jewish Miss America.  She also had a very public life in politics.  She just died in 2014 at the age of 90.

Two other people I can remember are Lee Meriwether, Miss America 1955, who used to be on Barnaby Jones and MaryAnn Mobley, Miss America 1959, who was featured in some Elvis movies and was married to actor Gary Collins.  She also died in 2014 at age 77.

And how can I forget Phyllis George, Miss America 1971, who went on to do Candid Camera, People, was a sports anchor for NFL Today and most notably was first lady in my home state of Kentucky married to then governor John Y. Brown.

Here is a link that lists a bunch more pageant winners that includes Oprah Winfrey and many more.  http://pageantcenter.com/famous.html#.VsRx0iAo51s

Okay, so this list is including local pageants, national pageants and pageants not really associated with Miss America/Miss USA.  So now we're likely talking about thousands of pageant winners.  

While a list of 45 people may look large, the list draws from pageant winners and competitors from Miss America/USA, Miss World/Universe, and other, smaller and local pageants (Miss San Diego).

Miss America has been in existence since 1921, so, 94 years.  State winners from 50 states compete for the title.  That means for the Miss America franchise alone, there have been 4700 competitors.  Miss USA has been around for 63 years, state winners from 50 states compete for the title that means for that franchise alone there have been 3150 state winners/competitors.  Even if there is overlay that is over 7,000 winners.  And that is not counting local pageants....Miss Black Tennesee, Miss Crawford County....or other competitions like Jr. Miss.....or the Miss World/Miss Universe winners that aren't from the US. .  Adding in those numbers would probably bring it up around 10,000 pageant winners, if not more.

45 people out of 10,000 people is less than 1% of winners that went on to have a viable career in entertainment.  And some of those people that are listed as "successful" have done less than Kenya has even before she joined RHOA.

Gina Tolleson for example is just listed as "having an entertainment career and being married to Alan Thicke."  That doesn't sound all that successful to me, and she isn't even married to Alan Thicke anymore.

So, while that list represents more pageant people than I knew about, given the breadth of the list they pulled from and the overall number of people, even 50 people wouldn't be all that impressive or make me believe that Miss USA/America really makes a difference since it would be less than 1%.  I'm guessing if I took the number of people in the world that wear purple socks, they would have about the same rate of success in the entertainment industry.

• Love 1

The Miss America pageant is the one where there is a talent competition, and also wherein they are required to have a "platform," i.e. a special cause they advocate for.  Miss USA is really ALL based on appearance.  There is  a brief interview portion, and maybe a final question -- although they could have done away with that now.