Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Interestingly, the statement did not confirm that the president was taking it. The statement simply said that they had talked about it and agreed the risks were outweighed by the benefits. That’s pretty weaselly to me.  But it very carefully skirted an outright admission.

I’m with Joe.

Or, perhaps the doctor is giving him placebos to placate him?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I have never taken hydroxycloriquine but my understanding is that it is a common drug for lupus and some other autoimmune conditions.  Joe is acting like it just hit the market.

My sister told me last night she took it years ago for Rheumatoid Arthritis. She said you have to eat when you take it and get it down without tasting it.   Fun times. 

Where's Mika today? Did she make the Publix cake run instead of Joe? 

47 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Or, perhaps the doctor is giving him placebos to placate him?

They'd have to get it from a pharmacy with a prescription so I don't know that it could be faked.  

This could end badly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

On Twitter, he is talking about Moderna vaccines. I am not saying he's wrong, I don't know.

This is general news, hitting the newswires yesterday.  If he's talking about it, it could be because it's topical and of the moment.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

This is general news, hitting the newswires yesterday.  If he's talking about it, it could be because it's topical and of the moment.

There are a few vaccine studies that are going very well. Stock market was up 800 points on the Moderna news.

I was talking to the woman I pet sit for last week, her husband works for Eli Lilly, they are working 24-7 on treatments.  She said he has worked longer days since he's working at home than he did when he was going in the office or travelling to CA to meet with his team. 

• Love 3

I think the White House physician is just trying to protect his license/reputation. DJT was a little weasily whether his physician had actively prescribed Hydroxychloroquine or, whether he had acquiesced to his powerful patient's request.

BTW I have always routinely refused the annual flu vaccine. My physician asks me if I want it and I decline. I don't accept every possible medical intervention and instead depend on general health - regular exercise, dietary choices, other lifestyle decisions to keep my immunity high. (Will definitely request one this fall to not only improve herd immunity for the common flu but also to help differentiate between the common flu and the Corona virus.)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

There are a few vaccine studies that are going very well. Stock market was up 800 points on the Moderna news.

It's market manipulation.  Some people made millions yesterday.   Stock price jumped 20%.  The Moderna "trial" was 45 people, which is ridiculously small and not at all like a large-scale trial, AND they only reported results on 8 people.  8!  Joe should have mentioned that since those are important facts a journalist should report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-health-202/2020/05/19/the-health-202-the-hopeful-news-about-moderna-s-coronavirus-vaccine-is-extremely-preliminary/5ec2e480602ff11bb118504f/

If you want more information on Moderna, google Moderna and fraud.  Not saying they are being fraudulent now, but they aren't exactly innocent to the ways of secretive studies and stock prices.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Phase 1 trials are always small groups, if FDA approves they move on to Phase 2 which is normally several hundred.  I don't think they were hiding the numbers just encouraged that they might be on the right track as they had some success.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, izabella said:

It's market manipulation.  Some people made millions yesterday.   Stock price jumped 20%.  The Moderna "trial" was 45 people, which is ridiculously small and not at all like a large-scale trial, AND they only reported results on 8 people.  8!  Joe should have mentioned that since those are important facts a journalist should report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-health-202/2020/05/19/the-health-202-the-hopeful-news-about-moderna-s-coronavirus-vaccine-is-extremely-preliminary/5ec2e480602ff11bb118504f/

If you want more information on Moderna, google Moderna and fraud.  Not saying they are being fraudulent now, but they aren't exactly innocent to the ways of secretive studies and stock prices.

Moderna used the positive news to issue new shares & obtain extra financing on the stock market yesterday.

Jim Cramer from CNBC described the "optics" as bad.

• Useful 4

At 6:00 Joe had on his campaign manager hat and was ranting full force about you this and you that and you haven't been listening to me and I don't know what else because after seven minutes I turned him off. 

I thought I had turned on MJ on MSNBC. I don't want to be indoctrinated by Joe into his crazy political party (whatever he claims it to be).

• Love 3

Woke up early, tuned in.  Same rant; I swear he just changes a word here and there and then repeats the entire first 1/2 hour rant from the days and weeks before.  Or maybe it just seems like a 1/2 hour.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

This seven am hour is the worst I have seen in the history of the show. Ever. Joe bloviates for the first half hour and then they talk baseball?

Claire: "Joe, you're the worst."😂

Did Joe talk about any news that hour? 

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1

Ring Ring

Head of Twitter, may I help you? 

Yes the guy whose ass I use to kiss 5 days a week is being mean to me. Make him stop. 

Mika, we asked you to go thru the proper channels and stop calling this number. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Goddamn she's on a tear this morning. FFS Joe go get her a cake before she buys a pack of adult diapers and makes a non stop drive to San Francisco to Dorsey's house.

Yes, You're SO important that all of Twitter is in on this.  

Apparently Trump called Joe a psycho again and said "open the cold case".   The one Joe jokes about....

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Ring Ring

Head of Twitter, may I help you? 

Yes the guy whose ass I use to kiss 5 days a week is being mean to me. Make him stop. 

Mika, we asked you to go thru the proper channels and stop calling this number. 

I am really sorry that I missed this.  I was watching Korean baseball.  

I think it was a bad step to go on TV and talk about Laurie Klausunis.  Who came up with that?  It just spreads a very bad story to the wider audience.

Tired of Mika being a whiny bitch.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

I think it was a bad step to go on TV and talk about Laurie Klausunis.  Who came up with that?  It just spreads a very bad story to the wider audience.

No one thinks Joe killed Lori. But now he's got Mika losing her shit. She's remembering how when she threw a hissy fit 12 years ago and tore up  the copy about Paris Hilton, suddenly she was the rising star of cable news. 

Here we go again....

Mika acts like an idiot, and she gets the rest of MSNBC to defend her, and now she has the attention she needs since she's stuck in Jupiter with no KYV cultists to kiss her ass. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Joe said Trump is lying about the data on Covid-19 deaths.  

Jonathan Lemire said that Biden would win if the election were held today.

Joe said that Americans see through Trump.  Then Joe did his same five talking points about Trump and coronavirus.

A national Quinnipiac poll shows Biden leading Trump 50 percent to 39 percent.  

Mika said Joe Biden is leading from his basement.  Apparently he has a TV down there and watches Joe and Mika while eating cream of wheat.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 7

I watched a few minutes this morning. Joe played a great clip (from Trevor Noah's show) that featured Fox News personalities attacking Joe Biden. After each criticism (he's creepy, he's inappropriate, etc.), a clip of Trump exhibiting those same characteristics was shown. 

John Heilemann then said something about Trump and underage girls (I'm not sure I have the exact phrase), and Joe corrected him. I assumed Heilemann was referring to Trump's bragging about going backstage at beauty contests. I wasn't quite sure why Joe jumped on him or why Heilemann didn't explain what he meant. 

Anyway, the exchange seemed odd to me. But I was half-asleep, and so perhaps I missed something.

• Love 4
(edited)

I didn't see the clip package but I saw Heileman say he meant "young women" not underage girls.

I don't know if the apology was necessary, unless he wanted to be sure no one thought he meant little girls like under 12 or something. It was a Miss Teen USA dressing room, some of the girls were 15. 

I'd think Karen would be all over this, after yesterday.  Being the stalwart defender of women that she is. 

Oh, that's right, it didn't affect her or Joe, so not her problem. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Adrian Elrod says Joe Biden is doing very well from his basement.

Lis Smith said the same thing when she was on a week or so ago. That this could change how candidates campaign, it saves $ and a lot of wear and tear on people insofar as travelling to 3 or 4 states in one day is a nightmare. 

• Love 3

Mika & Joe botched the analysis of the virus data. The USA's death rate per population is around 9th in the world which is better than many large European countries.

It makes no sense for Joe to say that there are 130 countries with lower death rates, since many countries in Asia & Africa don't have reliable ways to determine who has the virus.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Curious that Joe hasn't talked about vote by mail in Florida. 

We spend six months in FL. We're registered to vote in FL.  We're never there for the general election.  The state sends our ballots to our other residence, in another state,  1700 miles away.

• Love 5

You aren't surprised Joe or Mika would play fast and loose with the facts if it serves their purpose? 

I know they do, but I get annoyed when I see that Joe is deliberately misleading viewers by

6 02 am.

I have to pause the DVR & double check Joe's comments because they sounded so wrong.

Mika blurted out that the USA had the worst death rate which is clearly wrong. She must have meant that the USA has the most deaths overall which is to be expected given that the USA has 330 million people.

It's highly unlikely that China's death toll is remotely accurate.

The best way to analyze the death total from the virus  to compare overall mortality rates in the country in 2020 compared with last year.

I can't see how Mika & Joe will last in Jupiter Florida from now to election day repeating the same 5 talking points about President Trump.

2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Lis Smith said the same thing when she was on a week or so ago. That this could change how candidates campaign, it saves $ and a lot of wear and tear on people insofar as travelling to 3 or 4 states in one day is a nightmare. 

I wonder if there will be campaign rallies later in the summer ?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

I know they do, but I get annoyed when I see that Joe is deliberately misleading viewers by

6 02 am.

He has to get all the BS in before people change channels! 

8 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wonder if there will be campaign rallies later in the summe

Maybe live events in the late summer, but not too many people allowed to attend.

You know what would be cool, events like at arena parking lots but people sit in their cars and watch it on big screens like drive ins. If they parked every other space maybe? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

It is my fervent hope that we will one day be like Canada and the UK where they have only a few weeks of campaigning.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

John Heilemann then said something about Trump and underage girls (I'm not sure I have the exact phrase), and Joe corrected him. I assumed Heilemann was referring to Trump's bragging about going backstage at beauty contests. I wasn't quite sure why Joe jumped on him or why Heilemann didn't explain what he meant.

And a block or two later Elise Jordan came on and walked back Joe's walk back about Trump's preference for underage, citing the teen beauty pageants he owned and his backstage admissions.

• Love 7
(edited)

Everybody decided they've had enough of the twins this week?

You missed Joe's psychotic meltdown around 7:30!  I don't understand why he can't talk about "what people care about"  without this insane yelling.  

Get a load of Steve Schmidt's kitchen.  I've worked in restaurants with smaller kitchens than that! 

Edited by teddysmom
My ability to check my spelling & grammar has disappeared.
  • Love 7

UH-OH This morning Joe ragged on the President for not being able to read and interpret data. Just now Joe misinterpreted the increase in heart arhythmias for people taking Hydroxychloroquine as being 41% rather than 441%. Willie corrected him on air. Oh, the irony.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Everybody decided they've had enough of the twins this week?

You missed Joe's psychotic meltdown around 7:30!  I don't understand why he can't talk about "what people care"  without this insane yelling.  

Get a load of Steve Schmidt's kitchen.  I've worked in restaurants with smaller kitchens than that! 

Steve Schmidt’s house is spectacular. Same with John Heilman’s house 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Steve Schmidt and John Heilmann are spectacular!  Fixed that for you. 😉

I like the flying pig in Heilmann's living room.  Go 'cats!

• Love 3

Joe said that Trump is doomed based on the latest polls.

Joe said that Trump will lose Pennsylvania & Michigan

Trump is losing the votes in Arizona & Florida.

Joe made fun of people bringing AR 15's to the Michigan State Assembly.

Willie said people are listening to Dr Fauci.

Mika got new flashy red lipstick.

Joe is mad at Facebook for posting Trump's ads.

• Love 2

Joe is opposed to China cancelling protests in Hong Kong.

Richard Haas said that China is worried about liberal democracy in Hong Kong.

The economy is weak in China.

I was pleasantly surprised that the show covered an issue other than Trump for a few minutes.

• Love 3

Mika completely botched reading the teleprompter when she tried to introduce Ratner.

At first she said that opening the states  would help the economy . She then stopped and re read the teleprompter to say that opening the economy wouldn't help .

Joe's head kept bobbing up & down.

• LOL 2
(edited)

How'd that happen? Joe and Mika are working today! Not a rebroadcast, or, a prebroadcast, I wonder if they have any guests, and, how long Joe will stay.

Questions answered. Yes guests. Also Meeks also apparently did her own hair and make-up. Bags under eyes not very well concealed.

Edited by Me from ME
More to add
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

How'd that happen? Joe and Mika are working today! Not a rebroadcast, or, a prebroadcast, I wonder if they have any guests, and, how long Joe will stay.

Questions answered. Yes guests. Also Meeks also apparently did her own hair and make-up. Bags under eyes not very well concealed.

Maybe something to do with the fact that Trump is now openly calling on Twitter for an investigation into the intern death? It’s disgusting. We have joked about it here, but this is serious and that poor woman’s family is about to go through hell.

• Love 10

Due to my self imposed ban of CNN, I had MSNBC on at 5:30 am. They were advertising a special episode of MJ at 7 but I thought that meant tomorrow. 

No, here's Joe and Mika live with Jonathan,  Meacham,  Ignatius and Rev Al.

I thought it was one of their best episodes.  They kept it serious without all rants.

• Love 3

After Mika's strong on air reaction to Trump's accusations and many comments on this forum (some implying the worst) about the intern's death over the years, I became more curious about it. Apparently Joe was in Washington while the intern was working in his office in Florida. During the day, she mentioned not feeling well to others. Joe announced he was leaving congress a few weeks before she passed away. There were several articles that listed these details including one from Fox News.

Now that there has been more investigation into Tara Reade, will Morning Joe circle back regarding Tara's credibility? While credibility has objective and subjective components, there are so many questions about different facets of Tara's life that it seems right to have a conversation about her credibility. This is especially true after Mika's interrogation of Joe Biden. Wouldn't it only be fair to do a follow up on his accuser?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Maybe something to do with the fact that Trump is now openly calling on Twitter for an investigation into the intern death? It’s disgusting. We have joked about it here, but this is serious and that poor woman’s family is about to go through hell.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to give advice but in my opinion,  if I was Joe, I'd lawyer up. And maybe Laurie's family should too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, oakville said:

Did Mika & Joe discuss President Trump's latest tweet about Joe?

No. They were surprisingly  serious and calm this morning.  It was a good show.  It was an hour long.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

No. They were surprisingly  serious and calm this morning.  It was a good show.  It was an hour long.

That's good to hear . I am surprised that they would do a show on a Sunday morning.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Washington Post today:

Florida family grieves as Trump spreads debunked conspiracy theory to attack MSNBC host

Scarborough, who was 900 miles away in Washington on the day Klausutis died, and his co-host and wife, Mika Brzezinski, have both expressed outrage on the air in recent days — saying that Trump’s false accusations were most hurtful to Klausutis’s family. Brzezinski called Trump a “cruel, sick, disgusting person” and said he was using the episode to distract from the pandemic.

The attacks from Trump come as the country’s death toll from the virus nears the 100,000 mark and the ensuing economic devastation worsens. As criticism of Trump’s handling of the crisis has mounted, he has turned to his Twitter feed to air grievances and settle scores. He has baselessly accused a stream of perceived opponents of committing crimes, including illegal espionage and election rigging.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2