Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Mika was upset  about the media discussing Joe Biden's , "You ain't Black" comment on Friday.

Joe called Biden's statement a joke. Joe was upset at Trump mocking Stacey Abrams for being obese & making fun of Nancy Pelosi's dentures.

Joe said he feels bad for Lori's family.

Elise Jordan agreed with Joe. Her house needs more lighting. She said that President Bush stopped golfing in 2003 to honor the troops.

• Love 2

Joe said parents don't want to put kids in summer camp or play baseball.

Mika said trump's twitter fees is out of control.

Lemire said parents have to send kids to school or camp before they return to work.

Joe said that Trump i down in the polls.

• Love 2

David Frum said that Trump will lose the election. Joe agreed with him.

Frum wants the Department of Justice to be more independent.

Elise Jordan wants norms to return. Future Presidents should not use twitter to insult people.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Joe said that European countries have to tighten border controls so the virus doesn't spread .

The European leaders he spoke with agreed with him.

Keir Simmons said that Greece did a good job containing the virus. Keir's wife is half Greek & he got married in Greece.

Keir likes Greek food & is looking forward to visiting. Keir was wearing a tight fitting Polo shirt.

Keir spoke to the tourism minister . He said they are trying to figure out on a country by country basis who can visit.

Mika & Joe got knocked off the air at 8 30 am. Joe complained about Trump not having a plan in February with the European travel ban. Mika said that people got the virus being stuck in crowded airports.

• Love 2
(edited)

I might suggest, after  seeing Timothy Klausutis' eloquent letter  to Jack Dorsey,  that Lori be allowed to rest in peace.  

Joe and Mika were correct to read the letter,  and Willie puts the pain of the family in perspective.  It's now up to Twitter.  

The more Joe and Mika talk about it after this is just stirring the pot. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I might suggest that, after  seeing Timothy Klausutis' eloquent letter  to Jack Dorsey,  that Lori be allowed to rest in peace.  

Joe and Mika were correct to read the letter,  and Willie puts the pain of the family in perspective.  It's now up to Twitter.  

The more Joe and Mika talk abt it after this is just stirring the pot. 

I agree about stirring the pot. 

When I took public relations, we were taught not to repeat  any negative information about a subject as it perpetuates the negative story.

This show has become the Joe and Mika ego hour.  It's not really entertaining because it is all about their weird fights with the president.  I am sick of them thinking that their fight with the president is the top story in the world.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 13

Totally agree nittanycougar!

I've read thru Mika's Twitter feed on this subject and I would say 95% of the comments are the conspiracy nuts. The rest are "We love you Mika!" fangirls.   Mika and Joe could have contacted Dorsey privately, or had their attorney do it.  

Or just ignore it. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

When I took public relations, we were taught not to repeat  any negative information about a subject as it perpetuates the negative story.

The more you protest about an insane accusation, the more you give it credence. 

The roll your eyes "Are you fucking kidding me with this bullshit" attitude is the best way to counter.  

• Love 6

I see it both ways.  On the one hand, they've talked about it at length, now let it go.

On the other hand, nothing will change if it is now swept under the rug, forgotten. I might talk with the husband, find out what he wants.  Are they helping or hurting?

I wish that Twitter would do the right thing, but they're in it for the money, so probably won't.  I am glad I never joined Twitter.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I wish that Twitter would do the right thing, but they're in it for the money, so probably won't.  I am glad I never joined Twitter.

Twitter issued a press release apologizing to the young lady's family, but did not reprimand Trump or limit his account access.

• Love 2

Joe was happy that Joe Biden was wearing a mask at the Memorial Day Event. Seniors love Joe Biden because he is following the CDC guidelines. Joe is mad at Trump for not wearing a mask.

Joe said Biden is leading in the swing states.

• Love 1

Hans Nichols said that Trump won't wear a mask because it will please the press.

Joe said infections will rise once people go outside.

Joe repeated his chronology of Trump mistakes since January. Why does he insist on doing this every day ?

Willie wants everyone to wear a mask outside.

• Love 1

Joe complained about the bed bugs at Trump's Doral's resort. Joe thinks Trump wants to move the RNC convention to one of his hotels.

Joe is opposed to having a packed convention in August.

Joe said Trump is wrong to attack the Governor's of North Carolina & Michigan.

• Love 1

Joe and Mika both look like crap.  They look like they were up half the night.

They criticized Donald Trump for making fun of Joe Biden wearing a mask on Memorial Day.

Joe said that Trump let 400,000 people come in after the Covid-19 pandemic started.  Joe said there are two times as many Covid-19 deaths than the number of deaths in the Vietnam War.

Then Joe did his talking points about how the president was warned about coronavirus in January.

• Love 6
(edited)

Joe and Mika repeat the same narrative every single day. It's positively maddening. Their voices go up by octaves and they talk faster and faster as they go on and on.

How about you report the latest COVID related news them move on.

How about you stop fixating on the same person every day. It would be interesting to have you spend as much time discussing the other side instead of rerunning your 2016 playbook. 

How about someone step in and stage an intervention. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Willie was happy that Sean Hannity is urging people to wear a mask.

This is huge.  If one of the people who helped spread disinformation has come around to sanity, terrific. 

Did any of us know that Claire lives in the kitchen of a roadside diner?  Please do yourselves a favor and go find her home video footage from this morning.  Freeze the frame and take inventory.  She is in a tiny, off-the-beaten-path 1950's diner.  
(caveat: this was pre coffee, still blinking the sleep out of my eyes, but I stand by my observation)

The footage of the acting press secretary was fucking CRAZY.  She's a gorgeous witch.  A cheerleader sorority brewed her in a cauldron in a baptist church's basement.  How fast do you think she'd mention when you first meet her that she likes to bass fish in heels?
She screeched, "THE REAL QUESTION IS WHY YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO GO TO CHURCH!!!??" to a reporter.  They were dumbfounded.  I was dumbfounded.  
This shit is now normal.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

This is huge.  If one of the people who helped spread disinformation has come around to sanity, terrific. 

Did any of us know that Claire lives in the kitchen of a roadside diner?  Please do yourselves a favor and go find her home video footage from this morning.  Freeze the frame and take inventory.  She is in a tiny, off-the-beaten-path 1950's diner.  
(caveat: this was pre coffee, still blinking the sleep out of my eyes, but I stand by my observation)

The footage of the acting press secretary was fucking CRAZY.  She's a gorgeous witch.  A cheerleader sorority brewed her in a cauldron in a baptist church's basement.  How fast do you think she'd mention when you first meet her that she likes to bass fish in heels?
She screeched, "THE REAL QUESTION IS WHY YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO GO TO CHURCH!!!??" to a reporter.  They were dumbfounded.  I was dumbfounded.  
This shit is now normal.

Mika said that the Press Secretary will not be welcome at her Know Your Value seminars.

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said that the Press Secretary will not be welcome at her Know Your Value seminars.

Mika's just pissed that Kayleigh's got somebody touching up her roots.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I don't watch the show much anymore because Mika and Joe are so repetitive and boring. It irks me no end to have Joe ask a question of Lamire or Rev Al and then drone on forever before they can answer the question and then they are usually interrupted when they try to answer. I just fast forward through Joe and listen to the guests. I hope they pay the guests a lot of bucks to sit through the endless Joe monologues. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Why does Joe wear the same blazer every day ?

Most of the time these days he also wears a blue shirt with a white t-shirt underneath - except for the rare occasions when he decides to wear a tie. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kenz said:

I don't watch the show much anymore because Mika and Joe are so repetitive and boring. It irks me no end to have Joe ask a question of Lamire or Rev Al and then drone on forever before they can answer the question and then they are usually interrupted when they try to answer. I just fast forward through Joe and listen to the guests. I hope they pay the guests a lot of bucks to sit through the endless Joe monologues. 

From Google:

How much do guests on Morning Joe get paid?

While the retainer may offer a holding fee ($1–3k to upper five figures), contributors are also paid a per-appearance fee that can range from a couple hundred dollars up to several thousand dollars for each “hit”, or segment of the show they're featured in.

• Useful 2
On 5/25/2020 at 8:54 AM, oakville said:

Mika was upset  about the media discussing Joe Biden's , "You ain't Black" comment on Friday.

I get her frustrations, the media goes nuts over Joe Biden's thoughtless remarks.  I am Black and I have mixed feelings about it and it would be off-topic to expound on them.   

On 5/26/2020 at 8:32 AM, nittanycougar said:

This show has become the Joe and Mika ego hour.  It's not really entertaining because it is all about their weird fights with the president.  I am sick of them thinking that their fight with the president is the top story in the world.

I don't feel sorry for them at all. They are reaping what they sowed years ago and you all know what I mean. I only feel bad for the family of the deceased young lady who have to deal with her death being used in political games.. So many people are collateral damage and it is just sickening..

• Love 11

Joe sounds terrible again.  He needs to take a vacation.

Joe said that the president tweets about him to distract from coronavirus.  Joe somehow managed to tie the Covid-19 pandemic to Trump's tweets about him.  

Willie said that Trump doesn't understand how serious the problem is.

They showed a video of Joe Biden mourning 100,000 dead from his basement.  

This shit is so weird, you can't make it up.

• Love 5
(edited)

Oy. We are subject to Joe preforming "I've Just Seen a Face" that Mika introduced as "Let it Be".  LOL

Get your shit together.  And, for God's sake, stop dragging Paul McCartney into this shit show. This is the second time this week.

6:45. Thank you for my daily trump campaign tutorial for today. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, tres bien said:

Oy. We are subject to Joe preforming "I've Just Seen a Face" that Mika introduced as "Let it Be". 

I nearly fell off the bed.

Grandstanding: behaving in a way that makes people pay attention to you instead of thinking about more important matters.

Hypocrisy: the practice of engaging in the same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.

Tone Deaf Phenomenon:  messaging fails that make you shake your head and say, “What were they thinking?”

Edited by suomi
noticed a typo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tres bien said:

I think Joe Biden's address is very moving and sincere. He speaks from personal tragedy and you can't just make that up.

Yeah I'm quoting myself. 

Willie the brilliant chimed in "Peggy Noonan would write trump a speech if he asked". I'm insulted on Peggy's behalf.

• Love 5

Willie the brilliant chimed in "Peggy Noonan would write trump a speech if he asked".

I'm sure even if she was half lit she wouldn't accept that job. 

2 hours ago, suomi said:

Oy. We are subject to Joe preforming "I've Just Seen a Face" that Mika introduced as "Let it Be". 

What in the fuck is going on?  He performed from the basement? And she can't tell the difference between those two songs? 

How can I be sorry I watched What We Do In The Shadows instead of this?   Oh wait, no I'm not because WWDITS is supposed to be funny

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, suomi said:

I nearly fell off the bed.

Grandstanding: behaving in a way that makes people pay attention to you instead of thinking about more important matters.

Hypocrisy: the practice of engaging in the same same behavior or activity for which one criticizes another.

Tone Deaf Phenomenon:  messaging fails that make you shake your head and say, “What were they thinking?”

After the intro, but before Joe performed, I found myself singing, "When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comforts me," and didn't hate the idea, especially when I learned, for the first time (where have I been?) that Paul's mother, Mary, was a nurse.  And then we got that train wreck instead.  What were they thinking?

Just now, KayVeeTeeVee said:

After the intro, but before Joe performed, I found myself singing, "When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comforts me, speaking words of wisdom," and didn't hate the idea, especially when I learned, for the first time (where have I been?) that Paul's mother, Mary, was a nurse.  And then we got that train wreck instead.  What were they thinking?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

The "video" of Joe singing was kind of pathetic. 

Yes, I Googled it.  I made it to 1:27.   I don't get how this song about falling in love has anything to do with the pandemic.  Did he do a "Let it Be" and the control room played the wrong one?   

I guess it's a good thing they're in FL, so they aren't at 30 Rock with everyone else and could hear their fellow employees howling with laughter at Garage Band Joe. 

Joe the health care workers don't want your stupid tribute.  Haven't they suffered enough? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

The "video" of Joe singing was kind of pathetic.

OMG! I've been off the grid d/t ATT wire issues and storms so just catching up on the week. I saw the posts about Joe performing and couldn't believe you guys were serious. The 2 of them have been in the news in a bad way, IMO, but they just don't know when to quit. They are obviously throwing everything they've got at the new viewers they might be getting...Joe's tough guy persona, Mika's fake empathy and disgust, and while they're at it, showing off their other "talents"...it's like a 3 ring circus! A variety show! His singing is just as cringe-worthy and unnecessary as always...has she shilled her KYV shit, too? Has she pimped Bomba's tree trunks? This is so desperate. How can they be so stupid? All "look at me, look at me." Where are the adults?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, Ohwell said:

If Joe were on American's Got Talent he would get buzzed by all four of the judges.

Can you imagine the poor technician who had to put that video of him singing three different parts together. 

And OMG how cool is he, he's wearing SUNGLASSES!!!!!!  

Any other wife of a guy doing this shit would roll their eyes  and walk away "Take it down a notch Elvis, no one's booking Madison Square Garden just yet". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

If Joe were on America's Got Talent he would get buzzed by all four of the judges.

There were unconfirmed reports that Joe asked to be a guest judge on America's Got Talent but was rejected by the producers of the show. It's an outrage!

Joe's music is used by interrogators at Guantanamo Bay to get information from suspected terrorists. Joe is a true patriot.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Has she pimped Bomba's tree trunks? This is so desperate. How can they be so stupid? All "look at me, look at me." Where are the adults?

Bomba’s tree trunks arrived in Florida today

• LOL 1

This morning's show starts out with live footage and the sad story of George Floyd's death.  It's sickening and scary.

Today,  finally,  we are leaving FL for our summer house in MPLS.  This neighborhood is only 10 minutes from our house.  

I've had so much anxiety just thinking about being on an airplane for 3 1/2 hours. Now it's just embarrassing to see MPLS on display like this.

(edited)

Joe is mad at the looting & rioting in Minneapolis.

Joe is demanding that National Guard stop the rioting now.

Joe told Rev Al that he was against looting.

Joe said that Eric Garner was murdered.

Joe is mad at the Minneapolis police for covering their asses!.

Joe is mad at other cable hosts for trying to justify the looting.

Joe is mad at Trump for tweeting "When the looting starts,the shooting starts "about the rioting. The tweet was flagged by twitter .

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is mad at the looting & rioting in Minneapolis.

Joe is demanding that National Guard stop the rioting now.

Joe told Rev Al that he was against looting.

Joe said that Eric Garner was murdered.

Joe is mad at the Minneapolis police for covering their asses!.

Joe is mad at other cable hosts for trying to justify the looting.

Joe is mad at Trump for tweeting "When the looting starts,the shooting starts "about the rioting. The tweet was flagged by twitter .

To clarify, Joe said Eric GarDner.  He just will not get the man's name right.  Talk about adding insult to injury!

13 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe is mad

I sense a theme here, Oakville! This is one of the many reasons I can't watch this show. Joe's yelling and outrage day after day is just soul killing and no way for me to start the day. I caught a glimpse of the Rev. on my surf over to CNBC: that emaciated look is not aging well.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Will someone PLEASE tell Joe that the man's name is Eric GARNER (like Jennifer) and NOT Gardner.  Please.  Anyone.  Control room?

OMG thank you for saying that - it has been driving me CRAZY.

• Love 5