Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

For all MJ faithful that tune in to get their "how to be a Republican" instructions, today's tutorial was What the Republicans in the Senate Need To Do to Win and Maintain Control. 

Thank You Professor Scarborough. 

Edited by tres bien
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

22 minutes ago, tres bien said:

"how to be a Republican" instructions, today's tutorial was What the Republicans in the Senate Need To Do to Win and Maintain Control. 

I always take advice from someone who hasn't done that thing for 20 years and who also quit that thing. 

I got to see Meeks today, it does look like she got work done, her face is definitely refreshed. My sister, an expert in this field, said it would be Botox or fillers, as an actual eye lift would leave bruising for longer than a week.  Mika may want to adjust her bra, the first 2 hours her left boob was at least 2 inches lower than her right one.  Those V neck cardigans are doing her no favors, that pale pink washes her out and they don't fit. She looks better in darker jewel tones. 

Her hair does look better, she got low lights and maybe a toner to take the klieg light platinum down a notch. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

6:41 a.m. Eastern: “Black women voting in the rain.”

BINGO!

I was very excited to hear that !. I hope it is the title of Joe's next book.

Nah--it's the title of Joe's next song.  Available at an ITunes near you.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I always take advice from someone who hasn't done that thing for 20 years and who also quit that thing. 

I got to see Meeks today, it does look like she got work done, her face is definitely refreshed. My sister, an expert in this field, said it would be Botox or fillers, as an actual eye lift would leave bruising for longer than a week.  Mika may want to adjust her bra, the first 2 hours her left boob was at least 2 inches lower than her right one.  Those V neck cardigans are doing her no favors, that pale pink washes her out and they don't fit. She looks better in darker jewel tones. 

Her hair does look better, she got low lights and maybe a toner to take the klieg light platinum down a notch. 

I am surprised that Mika didn't compliment herself on her new look. It's important during a pandemic to freshen up your look. Perhaps, there will be a new KYV seminar on the topic?

Joe applauded himself for warning states like Texas & Florida that there would be spikes in cases of the virus after they reopened their states.

Joe was upset at Deborah Birx for saying that 70 coronavirus testing sites were destroyed during the protests.

• Love 1

I laughed when Joe demanded that each GOP Senator facing re election ask for a yes or no vote on chokeholds. He repeated the names of several senators. Joe takes up a lot of the show by repeating the same question with different names.

Mika was smiling at Joe.

Joe is talking directly to Mitch! Will Mitch listen to Joe? Joe made fun of McConnell. He called him Chokehold Mitch !

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

6:41 a.m. Eastern: “Black women voting in the rain.”

Joe will be retooling several songs to fit his rants:

Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain - Black Women Voting in the Rain

The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia - The Day the Voting Machines Broke in Georgia

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Joe is upset that Trump is going to start having rallies again.  Joe is concerned about coronavirus.  Trump is making people sign waivers if they attend his rally.

Was Joe at all concerned about the protestors last week getting Covid?  Here in DC, hundreds of protestors were lying on the ground in front of the Capitol with their bodies pressed against each other.

If you are going to bitch about the rallies you need to give equal time to the risk of transmission of Covid-19 at protests.

Honestly I will  not be surprised if we see these types of waivers for sporting events after they resume.  This is not so hard to figure out.

Joe did a stupid Southern accent to imitate Representative Mark Meadows.  Mika laughed at Joe's dumb shit. Mika, Joe is not that funny.  It is telling about what kind of uptight person Mika was that she thinks Joe is wild and hilarious.  Joe is like every other Washington DC political/ attorney jerkass.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

Was Joe at all concerned about the protestors last week getting Covid?  Here in DC, hundreds of protestors were lying on the ground in front of the Capitol with their bodies pressed against each other.

If you are going to bitch about the rallies you need to give equal time to the risk of transmission of Covid-19 at protests.

Honestly I will  not be surprised if we see these types of waivers for sporting events after they resume.  This is not so hard to figure out.

Yesterday, Joe said the protests were righteous, so any risks of transmission of the virus were acceptable.

Joe did admit that the virus has affected Republicans & Democrats.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tres bien said:

News flash. MJ plays a 30 second video of Joe Biden talking about how America and the world has changed because of the death of George Floyd. 

That's it.

I wonder why Mika & Joe refuse to discuss the Biden campaign.

Joe used to enjoy talking about the Clinton campaign in 2016.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I wonder why Mika & Joe refuse to discuss the Biden campaign.

Joe used to enjoy talking about the Clinton campaign in 2016.

Because they're shameless hacks 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Joe only talks about something when he can tell them what they're doing wrong, or how he'd do it better. 

After the backlash from Mika's bs interview, they may have decided not to bad mouth Biden like they did Hillary, Obama, etc....

• Love 4

When Reverend Al started to introduce Joe's new protest song and music video I started frantically going through my password book to sign in and warn all of you! However, thankfully somebody else sang the song. 

There's something I just have to say, and I am really saying this seriously. A few years back I used to listen to NPR radio, the local station. They had a habit of having a high School student intern on each quarter and they would read some of the news. I would try to listen but always would have to turn it off because there would be pauses, stumbles over words and mispronunciations. It was just too hard to listen to it. I'm starting to feel like that about Mika. And I cannot for the life of me understand how MSNBC does not hire a vocal coach for her. She makes millions of dollars, and she's been doing this for years! And she's primarily a newsreader and introducer of the segments. Why do they stand for this it's becoming really bad. I don't know if she's developed anxiety as she's got an older maybe she's menopausal and hormones are having an effect on her. and it's come to the point where I purposely listen for all her stumbles and mispronunciations and hesitations! Gahhh!

• Love 6

Just what the Black Lives Matter Movement needs,  a rich middle aged white guy co-opting it with his bullshit music . 

I'm surprised/not surprised Al bought into this crap.  

Joe's ego is out of control.  Does it not occur to him that there are black artists who have written abt the oppression of their people and maybe he should just let them speak? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
58 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I'm starting to feel like that about Mika. And I cannot for the life of me understand how MSNBC does not hire a vocal coach for her. She makes millions of dollars, and she's been doing this for years! And she's primarily a newsreader and introducer of the segments. Why do they stand for this it's becoming really bad. I don't know if she's developed anxiety as she's got an older maybe she's menopausal and hormones are having an effect on her. and it's come to the point where I purposely listen for all her stumbles and mispronunciations and hesitations! Gahhh!

She is definitely worse.  It could be her, it a bad studio set up, or both.  Someone feeds that language into the prompter and coordinates it to run on timing the host should be able to read.  It is possible that they are running it too fast or slow, or the type is too small for her. 

27 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Just what the Black LivJoe's ego is out of control.  Does it not occur to him that there are black artists who have written abt the oppression of their people and maybe he should just let them speak? 

I agree!  I am disturbed by Joe using George Floyd's death as an inspiration for his music.

Whose idea was it to make a music video of George Floyd- related events?  It smacks of self promotion based on the George Floyd tragedy.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 8
(edited)

It would be very easy for Mika  to have the font enlarged and the scroll slowed down. Yasmin is doing the exaxt same job at 5 am and she doesnt mispronounce words and stumble thru a 2 sentence story. 

Joe's entire reason for living is self promotion.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

She is definitely worse.  It could be her, it a bad studio set up, or both.  Someone feeds that language into the prompter and coordinates it to run on timing the host should be able to read.  It is possible that they are running it too fast or slow, or the type is too small for her. 

I agree!  I am disturbed by Joe using George Floyd's death as an inspiration for his music.

Whose idea was it to make a music video of George Floyd- related events?  It smacks of self promotion based on the George Floyd tragedy.

Mika didn't make as many mistakes reading the teleprompter when she was in the NY or Washington Studios.

I am shocked that MSNBC would encourage Joe to write a song about George Floyd's murder.

Will all MSNBC hosts be ordered to play the song at the end of their shows. ?

I can't see Rachel Maddow agreeing to play Joe's music.

It's risky for MSNBC to make Mika & Joe the leading voices against racial inequality given Joe's past views on the Ferguson Missouri protests.

Joe did apologize to Reverend AL Sharpton for trying to have him censured when he was in Congress.

Joe has often bragged about attending a desegregated school in Georgia & being very popular with his African American classmates.

Joe also mentioned in the past that he was an honorary member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

• Love 2
(edited)

Joe doesnt ask permission to do anything.  Other than at home. I have a feeling Mika makes him sleep on a little bench at the foot of their bed . 

I'm sure the network loved that dipshit song cutting into 3 minutes of Stephanie Ruhle show. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I have a feeling Joe doesnt ask permission to do anything. 

I'm sure the network loved that dipshit song cutting into 3 minutes of Stephanie Ruhle show. 

I agree with you. Mika & Joe tried to collaborate with Mark Halperin on a podcast without MSNBC's permission, but were finally stopped before it went into production.

I don't think Mika is happy with Stephanie Ruhle's success at NBC.

• Love 4

When they were talking abt the women being considered for VP by Biden and Mika said something abt it being great for women I thought if she says know your value I will lose it. Don't you dare drag that scam into something as monumental as a woman being Vice President.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

When they were talking abt the women being considered for VP by Biden and Mika said something abt it being great for women I thought if she says know your value I will lose it. Don't you dare drag that scam into something as monumental as a woman being Vice President.  

I believe that Mika would support Kamala Harris for VP since Kamala did appear at Mika's KYV seminars.

Mika could convince VP Kamala Harris to make attendance at KYV seminars mandatory for women working in large corporations in a Biden administration.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Joe is upset about Trump's remarks about coronavirus testing.  Trump said cases are rising because testing is rising.

Mika wants you to know that you can die from coronavirus. 

Joe urged everyone to wear a mask, whether protesting, attending a rally, or shopping.  

John Meacham praised Justice Gorsuch for his decision extending Title VII protection to the employment rights of gay and transgender people. Joe claimed Trump and his supporters are pissed about the decision.  

North Korea blew up the South Korea liaison office.  It was closed at the time. Keir Simmons gave a breaking report from London.  It is kind of weird to have a breaking report about an attack on an empty office.  It seems like they are reaching for anything to show they can do the news.

The air is out of the tires on this fucking show.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

The sound of Joe's voice this morning is more than I can take. 

His acting like he's always been an ally of the oppressed is nauseating.  

I see Mika threw her worn out black cardigan over her pajama top this morning. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

The sound of Joe's voice this morning is more than I can take. 

His acting like he's always been an ally of the oppressed is nauseating.  

As a rule follower, I am staying safe at home and STILL wear better outfits than Mika.  She couldn't find a blue sweater to pair with that pajama top?  Come on!

• Love 7

I flipped to Morning Joe still with my eyes closed.  I was desperate to catch a few extra winks... anxiety makes it hard to sleep through the night... and Joe was SCREAMING.  I had the TV on really low and I thought what commercial is this?  And then I thought, oh lord, that's Joe legit bellowing.  He said something about rich people and Zuckerburg and shootings.
Was he standing?  What was Mika's face like?

I don't know if I like this particular persona he adopts.  Seems fake and modeled after Morton Downey Jr.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Joe doesn't give two shits about Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg. He just saw FB in the news and decided that would be his rant du jour. 

As if Zuckerberg cares what Joe thinks of him or Facebook.  Joe thinks everything he says is going to be chiseled in marble on some monument to him.   

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Joe doesn't give two shits about Facebook or Mark Zuckerberg. He just saw FB in the news and decided that would be his rant du jour. 

As if Zuckerberg cares what Joe thinks of him or Facebook.  Joe thinks everything is says is going to be chiseled in marble on some monument to him.   

I hope that the many states that Joe has lived in erect monuments to him.

Joe's punditry & talking points will be discussed in political science classes for generations to come.

I hope there is one statue with Joe talking to an African American women with a umbrella to symbolize voting in the rain.

• LOL 8
51 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

As if Zuckerberg cares what Joe thinks of him or Facebook.  Joe thinks everything is says is going to be chiseled in marble on some monument to him.   

I remember when Joe & Donny Deutsch made fun of Zuckerberg when Facebook went public on the stock market. Joe said it would be a bad investment. He was wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Just in case you forget  that Joe is going to take FB down. What federal official was killed due to FB?  Did I miss something?  It kills time and brain cells, but I haven't heard of it murdering anyone. 

Is Joe mad because people shit talk him on FB and Mark won't make them stop being mean to him?  Joey honey, people are gonna shit talk you even if the whole internet crashes permanently. I will personally pay someone to stand out side your house holding a sign that reads: "Joe Scarborough is a song plagiarizing dipshit" 

Odds on Joe writing a song about Facebook?  

Also, MiKaren's going to call the manager! 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I hope there is one statue with Joe talking to an African American women with a umbrella to symbolize voting in the rain.

oakwood....LOL!

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

What federal official was killed due to FB?  Did I miss something?  It kills time and brain cells, but I haven't heard of it murdering anyone.

I think he's referring to the officer who was killed in Oakland by the right wing "Boogaloo Boys" who use Facebook as a platform.

Edited by Eliot
Edited with the right city!
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Eliot said:

oakwood....LOL!

I think he's referring to the officer who was killed in Albuquerque (I think) by the right wing "Boogaloo Boys" who use Facebook as a platform.

PBI. it was in Oakland CA

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I think he's referring to the officer who was killed in Albuquerque (I think) by the right wing "Boogaloo Boys" who use Facebook as a platform.

Okay but this might have happened with or without FB. I appreciate FB is a gathering point for these people, and I have no use for FB. 

Boogaloo Boys said the guy who shot the cop isn't in their group.  Joe might want to read the newspaper he works for, usually these groups are proud to take credit for shit like this.  The entire bunch of them were taken into custody but none were charged.  There's a whole video of this Baca guy tangling with the crowd, and then the crowd chasing him, and he started shooting at them. 

But as the Mayor of Albuquerque said, everyone has the right to gather and protest and it's hard to stop a small bad element from showing up. 

TBS, that Onate guy (the statue) was a REAL asshole. He was a Conquistador and came into New Mexico to conquer it for Spain. He cut off the right foot of the Native men who he felt were trying to cause trouble. Spain eventually kicked him out of NM. 

I guess there were two separate incidents, I wasn't aware of the one in Oakland. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1

Landsnark....Martin Downey, Jr. !!!!!  Brilliant.  Absolutely brilliant.  This made me laugh out loud when there hasn't been much in the news to laugh about lately.  This is Joe to a T.  

Someone on this Board should find a way to "mash up" (is this what you call it?) Joe's name with Downey, Jr.  I can't think of anything clever but I know one of you can.  But I can imagine a cartoon drawing with Joe's hair and Downey's mouth/teeth.

• Love 3

I had to look up from my email when Joe started yelling.  He went after Sheryl Sandberg too.  It seemed very personal and he threw in himself as a topic on the platform.   Maybe his family stumbled onto something while visiting the site and he was venting the anger about it...it did seem over the top at the time.

• Love 4
(edited)

Look who got what he wanted....

I love the look on his face in this frame. What a smug asshole. 

And the network web site is promoting it.  Interesting how most comments I read, including my sister texting me at 6:30, were "WTF is Joe screaming about?"

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3

Joe did apologize to Reverend AL Sharpton for trying to have him censured when he was in Congress.

For what, and how can Congress censure Sharpton when he isn't a Congressman?

I don't care if she wears a potato sack with stockings and a garter belt, I just want her to read the fucking announcements without stammering!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

How dare you question the power and authority of the great and powerful Doucheborough??

• LOL 2
41 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I don't care if she wears a potato sack with stockings and a garter belt, I just want her to read the fucking announcements without stammering!!

You are right. It's a resolution condemning Sharpton.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/106/hconres270/text

https://www.foxnews.com/media/joe-scarborough-al-sharpton-msnbc

• Useful 1

I am always amused by Joe's anecdotes. Joe said he wanted businesses to open safely in Florida. He took his son Jack to get takeout breakfast & was upset that half the people weren't wearing masks. Joe said that he couldn't figure out if all the people not wearing masks were Trump supporters.

Why does Joe think that people not wearing a mask are always making a political statement?

I am happy that Mika decided to wear a proper sweater after the online backlash to her wearing a tropical pajama top yesterday.

• Love 3