Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Mika's "on air" wardrobe looks like my "Take Buddy out to pee first thing" wardrobe. 

What the fuck is she wearing? A pajama top and that sloppy ass sweater?  

Mika, Gap has great, soft professional looking long and short sleeve teeshirts, grey, black, burgundy, coral. I have them in all colors, they look nice, and are easy to wash and wear and comfortable.  All the other women at the network work at home and look professional. 

Find a happy medium between slob and your pre marriage skirt up to your ass 4 inch high heels cougar look. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Landsnark ...there was some discussion on the Cruz/Joe Twitter dust-up in the Host's column.  But I am surprised there wasn't more; maybe everyone was busy wondering how Mother's Day became surreal.

I must ask, even though this has been discussed here before.  How in the name of all that is holy can a morning news show (yes, i know) get by with rerunning the newsiest (yes, I know) portion of it's show in the 8:00 time slot?  How can the main host disappear for large chunks of time?  How can a leading co-host (yes, I know) be allowed to simply parrot her co-host (ha, co-host) and appear in a mismatched colorful, printed pajama top and dark sweater/shroud? I am not trying to be The Fashion Police (I am still in pj's) but from the neck up she looks polished.  I guess if someone from the network nicely talked to her about her choice of clothing - it would be considered harassment?   Katie Tur and Kasie Hunt, both at 9 months pregnant looked more put-together than Meeka.

I don't think Mika cares about her wardrobe choices anymore because she has nowhere to go after the show. She used to be able to do presentations in NY or Washington after the show for her KYV sessions. 

• Love 3
On 5/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, XOQueens said:

I mean this honestly. Are we sure he’s not?

Sean Hannity said on numerous occasions that Joe applied to work at Fox News but was rejected.

Joe is still upset at Sean for releasing that information.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

That was pretty cold blooded. . . "Don't stick around to watch my colleague Stephanie Ruhle after the show. Turn her off and head to my Insta and listen to a KYV interview!"

Paraphrasing of course.

Mika is jealous of Stephanie Ruhle. Ruhle is the new" it girl " at NBC.

• Love 5
(edited)
43 minutes ago, oakville said:

Ruhle is the new" it girl " at NBC.

Was she on bitching about Target?  It's been an ongoing rant of hers the last week. 

She's mad Target is open, because you know groceries and paper products but also OMG beach towels & puzzles, but the surf shop, which I'm assuming is the RonJons because how many surf shops can Beach Haven NJ support, is closed.  No one is buying surf boards.  The beaches are closed and it's freezing cold out. 

She's just clueless as Mika.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, xaxat said:

What the hell is a local DA doing reporting on state coronavirus reporting?

He is a friend of the show. He usually comments on President Trump's legal problems

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika's "on air" wardrobe looks like my "Take Buddy out to pee first thing" wardrobe. 

What the fuck is she wearing? A pajama top and that sloppy ass sweater?  

Mika, Gap has great, soft professional looking long and short sleeve teeshirts, grey, black, burgundy, coral. I have them in all colors, they look nice, and are easy to wash and wear and comfortable.  All the other women at the network work at home and look professional. 

Find a happy medium between slob and your pre marriage skirt up to your ass 4 inch high heels cougar look. 

I didn't see the show today but I saw her photo on Twitter.  It appears that her new thing is throwing a sweater on over any available tshirt and going on live TV.  She looks like she has one foot in the retirement home.

I guess she's not interested in looking sexy anymore since she "caught" Joe. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Joe says Covid-19 is the worst crisis since World War II.  Does that mean that the Vietnam War stopped being Joe's preferred Covid-19 touchstone?  

Joe wants us to know that people are going to die this fall.  

Dr. Ezekiel Emmanuel says a lot of states that do not meet the criteria are reopening.  

Joe compared Covid-19 to a hurricane.  He again said that everyone knew in January.  Everyone except Joe and Mika.

Joe apologized for retweeting a Jimmy Kimmel video.  He yelled at people who criticize him. Joe yelled at states for reopening.  I don't know how anyone can stand to be on air with Joe.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
(edited)

Mika says the president was weird and racist to reporters.  The president is consumed by hating on women according to Meeks.  

Mika is married to a jackass who regularly yells at her on air, but she gets a special "The More You Know" moment for women's rights.   Self awareness on aisle five!

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

So after Diamond and Silk (aka the Scarboroughs) throw fastballs directly at his head every day, the president responds with a nonsensical tweet and then Meeks says "please leave us alone"?  Goodness, I guess we truly do live in a reality tv world these days.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Ok, on Twitter there is a Rate My Skype Room poster who critiques folks that are now trapped in their homes and highlights their positive and negatives on the backgrounds of their rooms.  One of the most constant are Heileman and Steve Schmidt and their never ending snarking about flowers/fruit and clearly after seeing Heileman just now he has totally brought out the big guns.  Good grief, what is going on on that counter behind him, it's like he bought out the entire market?  I can't wait to see the counter attack (pardon the pun).  Oh goodness I so appreciated the laugh (and they both have lovely homes)!  😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Oh no, Ben Wittes should have done a quick check on his lighting as that halo light is reflecting back on his glasses and making him look like he is peeping through Cheerios . . . 😧

• LOL 4

What in God's name was Joe bellowing about at 6 am? I was trying to feed dog and cat and put my contacts in and I unfortunately had it on both tvs.  If we ever need new ideas for torture, just play Joe Scarborough. It'll break anyone. 

Mika must have seen the forum it looks like she actually had something on that you couldn't purchase in "Ladies Lounge/Sleepwear" section of  Macys. 

I see Yasmin is on the KYV IG tomorrow. She's been on Twitter talking about no sleep etc so Mika must have caught her in a weak moment.  We need to save her. 

Can't the new boss tell these two if they can't do their actual jobs without looking like soccer mom dropping kids off in her pjs and the drunk at the end of the bar, they don't get to do extra curricular bullshit with fellow employees?  They're destroying whatever is left of the MSNBC brand.  

47 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Term of the day: fainting couch

Maybe he saw that episode of Mad Men where Betty buys a fainting couch.

Joe does seem to think it's the 1950s as far as how he treats women. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

What in God's name was Joe bellowing about at 6 am? I was trying to feed dog and cat and put my contacts in and I unfortunately had it on both tvs.  If we ever need new ideas for torture, just play Joe Scarborough. It'll break anyone. 

Mika must have seen the forum it looks like she actually had something on that you couldn't purchase in "Ladies Lounge/Sleepwear" section of  Macys. 

I see Yasmin is on the KYV IG tomorrow. She's been on Twitter talking about no sleep etc so Mika must have caught her in a weak moment.  We need to save her. 

Can't the new boss tell these two if they can't do their actual jobs without looking like soccer mom dropping kids off in her pjs and the drunk at the end of the bar, they don't get to do extra curricular bullshit with fellow employees?  They're destroying whatever is left of the MSNBC brand.  

Maybe he saw that episode of Mad Men where Betty buys a fainting couch.

Joe does seem to think it's the 1950s as far as how he treats women. 

It was nice of Mika to wear her black sweater today. It's more professional.

Joe was a big fan of the Mad Men tv show. Joe used to discuss the episodes on Monday mornings. Mika didn't watch the show.

• Love 1
Just now, oakville said:

Joe was a big fan of the Mad Men tv show. Joe used to discuss the episodes on Monday mornings. Mika didn't watch the show

Mad Men IS a great show, but I think I was appreciating the writing and acting, not relishing how awesome it would be to be a 50s guy and treat women like shit. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I didn't see the show today but I saw her photo on Twitter.  It appears that her new thing is throwing a sweater on over any available tshirt and going on live TV.  She looks like she has one foot in the retirement home.

My clothing budget is sparse, compared to a TV host's, and my fashion sense isn't the best, but even I know not to wear a black sweater every darn day.  It's nearly summer.  How about, if you're going to wear the SAME tee every day, choosing a sweater with colors from that?  A nice pale blue, or white . . . Come on!  Seriously!  Why do we all have to suffer because Miss KYV can't find a white sweater?  Do NONE of the suits care? Because she sure doesn't.

• Love 5

That's what I was saying too! The tees I get from Gap are like $20 or less if they're on sale. They are super soft cotton and come in a bunch of colors. She can put one of her minister scarves over it, and the heather gray one I have has been mistaken for a cashmere sweater.  I've had a few of them for 3 years or so and they still look nice. 

Maybe she is still suffering from her cake/sugar withdrawal blues and just doesn't care how she looks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I can only assume that no one from the network has the clout or nerve to tell Meeka to step it up.  She looks depressing every single day.  Does she do her own hair and makeup?  Because if she does, she seems to spend an inordinate time on that task.  Maybe because of her body issues she only looks at herself in the bathroom mirror and skips the bull-body mirror.  But her drabness is distracting; it makes me just want to look at Joe.  Not something I ever thought I would type.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Now, now, she's still trying to hold onto Joe.  She wraps him up next to her in her big sweater and coos, "You're the smartest. If only everyone listened to you all of the world's problems would be gone.  World leaders value your opinion.  Your music is the greatest."

I have often wondered who buys sleep sweaters.  I guess I have my answer.

• LOL 3

Far be it for me to defend Meeks but, as someone working in a bathrobe from her couch, I get it.  And today's a good day because I'm not working from bed.  She may be depressed; I know I am . . .

• Love 1
(edited)

For 3 hours a day she can try to pull it together. She doesn't have to get dolled up like a Kardashian, just put on something that doesn't look like she slept in it. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

jalady, I am sorry you are depressed; you are in good company, as I think most everyone else is, too.  

I think a part of me (albeit a wee part) is envious of Meeka; the huge amount of money she makes and the fact that she doesn't seem to put forth much of an effort.  She was born on third base; thinks she hit a triple.  But we work with what we've got.   Poking at her just give me a bit of life.  We are all struggling in some form or another right now.  

Jordan Baker..."Bull Body Mirror"...I can't believe I didn't catch it before I hit "Submit"...but I just gave myself a belly laugh over it.  Thanks!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Can we assume you aren't hosting a tv show?

For 3 hours a day she can try to pull it together. She doesn't have to get dolled up like a Kardashian, just put on something that doesn't look like she slept in it. 

I am not! 🙂  I'm just saying sometimes it's easier said than done.  Which is why I don't join video meetings or happy hours most of the time.  I take all your points about her job and salary, but she may be doing the best she can under these very unusual circumstances.  And now I'm more depressed because I'm defending Meeks 😞

• Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Kemper said:

jalady, I am sorry you are depressed; you are in good company, as I think most everyone else is, too.  

Yes, I didn't mean to sound harsh, I know this has been hard on everyone, I think it's Mika weariness, she whines so much about how terrible her life as been, and now she works at home, and that was by choice initially, and she still can't seem to be bothered.

Maybe it's no fun anymore that she doesn't have anyone to flirt with, as that does seem to be when she was really at the top of her "You Go Girl" game. 

2 minutes ago, jalady said:

I am not! 🙂  I'm just saying sometimes it's easier said than done.  Which is why I don't join video meetings or happy hours most of the time.  I take all your points about her job and salary, but she may be doing the best she can under these very unusual circumstances.  And now I'm more depressed because I'm defending Meeks 😞

I totally get that and agree 100%.  I forget that people are stuck at home when they're use to interacting with coworkers and friends. 

I've been working this whole time, and I'm pretty much a home body anyway, so this hasn't been much of a challenge to me, other than wearing a mask into a store. So please if anyone needs to vent or gab, we're here. 

Sorry sometimes I type before I think. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yes, I didn't mean to sound harsh,

No offense taken!  Your inquiry about my hosting responsibilities actually made me smile 🙂

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Maybe it's no fun anymore that she doesn't have anyone to flirt with, as that does seem to be when she was really at the top of her "You Go Girl" game. 

Well, that and when she was traveling around for her shaminars.  I honestly think that is the one thing she gets validation from.  It is just that her self-importance is grating, day after day.  

It is sad that one of the things I truly enjoy these days is coming here and seeing the comments and snark.  I don't know which one it is more fun to poke at...Joe or Meeka. 

• Love 2

I have stories about the people I work with that would make you be SO happy you work at home.

My boss' wife doesn't want the cleaning people to spray her desk with disinfectant because she thinks after letting it set for 10 minutes and then wiping it down, they'll sneeze on it to give her the virus.  Apparently they can sneeze on demand. 

If they actually knew her, they'd do more than sneeze on her desk, I can tell you! 

• LOL 3

The thing with Mika is she CAN dress a bit more stylishly and act more alive when she wants to. Those Instagram lives show a whole nother side of her. She's dressed (casually) and I think she even parts her hair on the other side. (But those damn sunglasses on her head like a barrette thing are so stupid.) She is animated and babbly. Perhaps Joe demands the shroud and "meekness" to keep all the attention on him. She knows her value as his spouse.

• Love 4

Plus Yasmin posted video of her pretending to be asleep on the floor of the nursery at 2 am because her kids wouldn't go back to sleep , and by God she was up and hosting First Look at 5 am and looked as good as she always does. I don't know if she does it at home or in the studio.

So it just grates on me that Mika, who doesn't have a toddler and a one year old baby, could go to sleep at 9 pm (hell I was out at 8 pm last night) and get her ass up at 5 am and throw on a decent top, even over her sweats or something, and act like she gives a shit. 

Give up the sugar ban, if it's what gets you thru the night.  

• Love 6

It seems to me that Joe's purpose in life is to get under DJT's skin while appearing to care less about any reply from the White House. He loves it when there is a tweet during the show. Meeks undermined Joe's strategy by muttering "leave us alone" this morning.

• Love 4

Was it about the murder tweet? Twitter was losing it a little while ago. 

Neera Tanden or somebody called Joe a distinguished journalist who should not be accused of murder by the President. 

I was like okay I'll give you he's not a murderer but distinguished journalist? Let's not go crazy here. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
(edited)

Was it about the murder tweet?

Willie notified them on air and the only thing he said was "psycho Joe Scarborough" but I looked at the tweet. "When will they open a Cold Case on the Psycho Joe Scarborough matter in Florida. Did he get away with murder? Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? A total nut job!"

Edited by Me from ME
misstype
  • Love 3

Joe was complaining about President Trump bragging about the USA's death rate from the virus being lower than other countries. The facts are that it is lower than many large Western European countries.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Love 3
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Plus Yasmin posted video of her pretending to be asleep on the floor of the nursery at 2 am because her kids wouldn't go back to sleep , and by God she was up and hosting First Look at 5 am and looked as good as she always does. I don't know if she does it at home or in the studio.

So it just grates on me that Mika, who doesn't have a toddler and a one year old baby, could go to sleep at 9 pm (hell I was out at 8 pm last night) and get her ass up at 5 am and throw on a decent top, even over her sweats or something, and act like she gives a shit. 

Give up the sugar ban, if it's what gets you thru the night.  

Yasmin dresses much better than Mika. However, Joe probably starts ranting against President Trump in his sleep & wakes up Mika in the middle of the night.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Willie notified them on air and the only thing he said was "psycho Joe Scarborough" but I looked at the tweet. "When will they open a Cold Case on the Psycho Joe Scarborough matter in Florida. Did he get away with murder? Some people think so. Why did he leave Congress so quietly and quickly? Isn’t it obvious? What’s happening now? A total nut job!"

Is it getting too far afield to ask how this conspiracy theory got started? Is it part of the Q Anon genre of conspiracy theories? 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

Is it getting too far afield to ask how this conspiracy theory got started? Is it part of the Q Anon genre of conspiracy theories? 

I don't think it is part of Q Anon.

The first link summarizes the scandal. Joe battled Wikipedia because they  kept allowing people to edit his Wikipedia page.

https://gawker.com/remember-when-a-dead-intern-was-found-in-joe-scarboroug-1711985081

This is a more recent article.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/12/21/1613261/-What-Really-Happened-to-Lori-Klausutis-Everything-Joe-Scarborough-Does-NOT-Want-Viewers-To-Know

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yesterday, Dr. Fauci warned of serious consequences if states reopen too soon. 

Joe said we risk future outbreaks that will set the economic recovery back.  Joe says it will set us back if people die.  People will not go and get hamburgers if people are dying, according to Joe. 

Jonathan Lemire thinks that Fauci threw cold water on Trump's hope to reopen the economy.

Joe claims he talked to people on the front lines who give him information about coronavirus.  Joe is out there reporting on this every day.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
(edited)

Dr. Ashih Shah from Harvard said we need a national road map for reopening.  

Mika said people can't go back to work because thousands of people are getting sick from Covid-19 on the job. 

So Mika is telling y'all to forget about that job.  Her advice is to find someone that you can screw for financial support.

Mika, take your own advice and stop coming to the studio.

I think Mika and Joe live a privileged and sheltered life. 

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 5

I can't believe they waited till 7:00 to show the video of Mitt Romney from yesterday's Senate hearings. 

The first hour was such a bunch of blah I actually was hoping for some Joe phony outrage.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Joe killed her but I would not be remotely surprised if he wasn't involved with her, and was terrified that would come out. 

They could have been at the office earlier and he could have left and she had the seizure or whatever.  His behavior is pretty fishy.   It reeks of guilty of something, probably another extra marital affair. 

Wouldn't  it be more appropriate that Joe issue a statement of condolence and let the family speak for Lori?  Esp since her parents said there was no history of heart problems? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Mika said people can't go back to work because thousands of people are getting sick from Covid-19 on the job. 

So Mika is telling y'all to forget about that job.  Her advice is to find someone that you can screw for financial support.

Mika, take your own advice and stop coming to the studio.

I think Mika and Joe live a privileged and sheltered life. 

I agree. Mika & Joe seem to be oblivious to the economic damage the virus has caused.

Many people can't afford to stay off work for months.

I am curious to find out if  Mika & Joe have offered to make any donations to food banks or any charities for those people who have lost their jobs as a result of the lockdowns.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am curious to find out if  Mika & Joe have offered to make any donations to food banks or any charities for those people who have lost their jobs as a result of the lockdowns.

I'll assume Mika has offered to hire out of work people to fold teeshirts and bake cakes, no pay mind you, the work itself is the reward. Joe probably can have people work from home, changing Wikipedia to say he never knew Lori Klasutis. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Could it be that Mika is out of clean clothes?  Today she wore Monday's gypsy witch black shawl and Monday's Lily Pulitzer T turned inside out.
It's jarring to see her dressed so casually on TV while most other people are in suits.

This is (essentially) what she wore on Monday.  Her job is to appear as an image on TV. 

• Love 5