Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Andrea Mitchell just reported on NBC News that  Joe Biden will be a guest on Morning Joe tomorrow to address the sexual assault allegations made by his former staffer, Tarah Reade against him.

This is a surprising development.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Mika & Joe interviewed one of their neighbors, Peter Solomon who founded an investment banking firm. Joe was impressed that he went to school with members of the Neiman Marcus family. He went to school with Dick Marcus.

Solomon said half the customers at Publix don't wear masks.

Mika was worried about not being able to try on several samples of clothes at Neiman Marcus if the new social distance guidelines are implemented. Mika likes to touch all the clothes.

Marcus explained to Joe about the bad corporate finance leveraged buyouts done by the company which left it with too much debt.

Mika wants a vaccine before 18 months.

Mika sent a staff member to  Evangel Church in New York City that is operating a food bank. They are feeding 600 people a day. This is very sad news.

Willie was outraged at the excess milk & eggs being dumped by farmers. The food would have gone to schools & restaurants.

Joe did not participate in the interview.

Mika read obituary notices to end the show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Andrea Mitchell just reported on NBC News that  Joe Biden will be a guest on Morning Joe tomorrow to address the sexual assault allegations made by his former staffer, Tarah Reade against him.

Let’s see if Joe participates in the discussion. I can’t see him avoiding the limelight of this, but, well...

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I think this will be a softball interview with Biden likely having the questions in advance. 

There is no way Joe and Mika will get tough with him.  They won't pass up a chance to have another powerful friend. Here's a video where Mika discussed enjoying Biden's flirtations.  His flirtations are "completely safe" and can be "misconstrued."   This was the only video I could find of her comments about Biden.  Some of it is about Al Franken.

It is funny how confused Joe looks when Mika talks about sniffing hair.  Maybe he's grossed out by the thought of Biden sniffing Mika.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
(edited)

Why is Mika hugging on male guests and touching their hair?  Based on that video, Mika lacks boundaries and is a harasser in her own right.  Professional women do not go around rubbing up on men at work.

Joe is kissing Andrew Cuomo's ass today.  He is such a try hard.  He just wants an invitation to social events where he and Mika can feel important again.

Of course the Biden interview is not until 8 am.  Fuck this show.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh FFS! They're using Biden's appearance to take a victory lap over their coverage of Brett Kavanaugh?

Is this the first time they have covered these allegations?

ETA. So now we know how Joe an Mika got the interview. They apparently agreed to revive all of the allegations against Trump.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 6
(edited)

I am shocked that Mika is challenging Biden.  I'll give her credit for that. I think the interview made Biden look bad.

I don't think she'll be invited to his parties any time soon.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4
(edited)

I give Mika credit but she is going too far IMO. Joe Biden keeps answering the question in a consistent way. She keeps asking the same questions over and over and over. Why?

Added: What else is he supposed to say?  She is acting like he is on trial and he is guilty. Again IMO.

Edited by madfortv
For clarification
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

Well, that was uncomfortable. Now she looks as if she has been crying or is about to. Check out the mascara under her left eye. She can't do anything other than read prepared questions - and you just know someone has tried to prepare her for what could have been a big interview.

Loved the non question she asked toward the end and the look on her face as she waited for Joe to answer.

The interrogation reminded me of how a parent accuses a toddler.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Well, that was uncomfortable. Now she looks as if she has been crying or is about to. Check out the mascara under her left eye. She can't do anything other than read prepared questions - and you just know someone has tried to prepare her for what could have been a big interview.

Loved the non question she asked toward the end and the look on her face as she waited for Joe to answer.

The interrogation reminded me of how a parent accuses a toddler.

Interrogation is right. I also thought she looked like she was crying.

4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm just gonna ask it: is anyone else suspicious that this allegation is coming out right now in the middle of a FUCKING PANDEMIC?

Yes.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I'm just gonna ask it: is anyone else suspicious that this allegation is coming out right now in the middle of a FUCKING PANDEMIC?

So as not to get political I won't post a link but one of my favorites, Richard Painter, referenced a column in USA TODAY by Michael J Stern, that addresses a lot of the why now questions. 

• Love 3

Mika put on her Serious Journalist cap like some kind of Halloween costume this morning with Biden.    Four years ago, when they had trump on nearly every morning yucking it up with him, did she ever go after him will her hair on fire about ALL the accusations against HIM?    They contriibuted to DT's win by giving him all that free publiciity, and today she jumped back into that pool.    Yes, JB should be questioned about the allegations, but so should DT have been; should be still.   

On 4/28/2020 at 6:31 AM, tres bien said:

nm

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I was totally expecting a softball interview from Mika so color me surprised that she took that tone with Joe Biden.  It was pretty uncomfortable to watch and I don't think either one of them came off well.

• Love 6
(edited)
31 minutes ago, madfortv said:

I give Mika credit but she is going too far IMO. Joe Biden keeps answering the question in a consistent way. She keeps asking the same questions over and over and over. Why?

Added: What else is he supposed to say?  She is acting like he is on trial and he is guilty. Again IMO.

I  think she was trying to get him to open up all of his records in Delaware or explain why they will not be opened. 

He kept saying those are not "personnel" records. 

The question is whether there are other relevant legal records on this issue being held at University of Delaware.  He could authorize the release of the records if he wants.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3

Meeka is always so constrained in her her position as "co-host" (lol at that one) when she and Joe are together on screen that it was if a dam had burst with her Biden interview.   All the pent up anger and frustration came bursting out, unfortunately aimed at JB.   And Scarborough had to zip it, because this was all Mika's.   She took full advantage of that and to my ears anyway, got carried away.   I wish she'd been this pissed off and aggressive with DT four years ago on the same subject.   (And maybe she was; too long ago to remember.   What I do remember is all the joking and laughing and party time with him on the phone all the damn time.)

1 minute ago, XOQueens said:

I couldn’t watch, but I gotta know. Was Joe anywhere near this?

All Meeks.    I didn't hear a peep out of JS.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, tres bien said:

So as not to get political I won't post a link but one of my favorites, Richard Painter, referenced a column in USA TODAY by Michael J Stern, that addresses a lot of the why now questions. 

Found the article and Michael J Stern does a good job of addressing the issue.

• Love 7

God, why couldn't they have had a qualified journalist conduct that interview with Joe Biden? Mika has no intellect and no journalistic qualifications to be involved in such an important interview. And to get hung up on whether there could be some reference in his official papers that will go into his presidential library someday is just ridiculous, and to get all wound up about the date that scholars and historians can access those papers was extended because his career has lasted longer than anticipated is just a red herring.

As Biden explained over and over again, personnel matters are handled by a separate department and he has asked that they search those records thoroughly although it will take months, even years because the accusation is so old. A company doesn't keep human resources records in the middle of their contracts and official papers. Gads, that's so easy for anyone (normal) to understand.

I thought Biden did an excellent job. He was firm in his denial that anything ever happened and Mika is too stupid to follow up on any questions that might have solicited additional information.. The accuser's story has changed so any times over the years and there is so much weird information coming out about what a strange person she is, there's not much Biden can do to refute crazy stuff except to be forceful in telling his own truth. If there was anything to the story I'm sure it would have come up when Obama vetted him for the vice presidency years ago.

• Love 18
12 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika sent a staff member to  Evangel Church in New York City that is operating a food bank. They are feeding 600 people a day. This is very sad news.

Was she trying to recruit KYV-ites? 

All that food that is being destroyed should be taken to food banks. 

My sister texted me and asked "what is wrong with Mika, what is this overly dramatic moaning etc?"

I was like, what is this the first time you've watched this show? 

• LOL 15
2 minutes ago, shok said:

If there was anything to the story I'm sure it would have come up when Obama vetted him for the vice presidency years ago.

I've been saying this from the get go. Obama's vetting would have discovered it and if there was any credibility he more than likely wouldn't have named him VP.   There were enough qualified candidates for VP that he didn't need Biden.  

• Love 14
(edited)

Tres Bien....where did you see Richard Painter? He used to be on MSNBC all the time; I never see him anymore.  I love him and am glad you referenced his reference (snerk) to the USA Today column.  It was an excellent column.

Sounds like Meeka was in her "Scoop" Mrs. Scarborogh role.  Glad I missed it - it's much more interesting and fun to read the comments here;  and more informative.

Edited by Kemper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

How many times can a person say "this didn't happen". 

Oh, okay Mika I didn't realize you were going to sigh and shake your head. Okay yeah I did it. 

Where was her outrage with Halperin and Brokaw? 

She might as well cross Jill Biden off the "Friends of KYV" list.  

The papers are at U of Delaware.  Biden said, release them. But like mentioned above, they aren't in a folder in someone's desk marked "Secret Papers About Shit Joe Biden Did". 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Does anyone watch "What We Do In The Shadows" on FX? First off, if you like silly off the wall brilliant comedy, please watch. It is hilarious.  

I bring it up because one of the characters is not a traditional vampire, he's what called an "energy vampire".  He sucks the energy and life from everyone around him by blathering on about stuff no one cares about until they just fall on the floor unconscious. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we found us another energy vampire. 

May I please to introduce, Mika Brzezinski-Scarborough, Energy Vampire.  Her whining, constant harping about subjects that are of no interest to anyone, and mindless chatter about how to apply bronzer, giving up sugar, or what ice cream is the best, will suck the life out of anyone. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Mika is getting raked over the coals on Yamiche Alcindor's Twitter re the Joe Biden "interview".   Doesn't anyone understand she's just doing her job? 

Can you imagine what she does when Joe comes home without cake? 20 minutes of "what do you mean no cake? How does Costco run out of cake? Did you ask them to look in the back? Did you make them sign statements that they were telling the truth? Did you talk to the manager? Did you go to Publix? Sometimes  they have individual pieces of cake up by the deli. Did you go look there? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Whoa. What a trainwreck. First off, Mika was the absolute worst person in the MSNBC stable to try to act like a fact finding reporter. Her own philandering history aside, she is not known for spontaneous thinking and speaking...and her trying to do both at the same time was painful. And difficult. One note Nancy, for sure. All the U Delaware stuff went nowhere but it was enlightening to hear him say all of his prior positions/speeches were hidden away so they couldn't be used as election time fodder. Whaaaaa? So no running on your record? No plans to "clarify" what you really meant? The fact that Mika is now the MeToo monitor after her friends from the show were give passes is unbelievable. I guess Joe wields more power at MSNBC than I thought. It seemed obvious that he fed her the questions but he forgot that she isn't capable of following up with more on her own. One thing, her gravely voice did make her sound a little more "edgy" but I'm sure Ruhle or Maddow could have done this without laryngitis and still show some strength. I really think this was just a ratings grab.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

May I please to introduce, Mika Brzezinski-Scarborough, Energy Vampire. 

Colin Robinson for the win!

giphy.gif

Apt analogy. 

And here's the Energy Vampire's Tweet regarding her award winning interview. Apparently if a woman says something, it's true, no matter what. Be nice if she would have afforded Christine Blassey Ford the same courtesy.   

It's "women are to be heard" you idiot.   If I were Mika, I'd take a week off and let this blow over.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Tres Bien....where did you see Richard Painter? He used to be on MSNBC all the time; I never see him anymore.  I love him and am glad you referenced his reference (snerk) to the USA Today column.  It was an excellent column.

Sounds like Meeka was in her "Scoop" Mrs. Scarborogh role.  Glad I missed it - it's much more interesting and fun to read the comments here;  and more informative.

Twitter 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

How many times can a person say "this didn't happen". 

Oh, okay Mika I didn't realize you were going to sigh and shake your head. Okay yeah I did it. 

Where was her outrage with Halperin and Brokaw? 

She might as well cross Jill Biden off the "Friends of KYV" list.  

The papers are at U of Delaware.  Biden said, release them. But like mentioned above, they aren't in a folder in someone's desk marked "Secret Papers About Shit Joe Biden Did". 

Thank you for reminding me about their defense of Halperin and Brokaw.  Mika tweeting about Brett Kavanaugh this morning told me pretty much all I need to know about Joe and Mika's angle on this story.  Biden did fine. I've tried to look into this story with as much of an open mind as possible, and I've come to the conclusion that it will not hold up to scrutiny. The media is just bored with COVID and know that they can get away with pretending that releasing University of Delaware records would reveal anything (it won't, and they know that) other than giving lazy journalists some more fodder for unrelated "process" stories. 

Edited by BelleBrit
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, BelleBrit said:

Thank you for reminding me about their defense of Halperin and Brokaw.  Mika tweeting about Brett Kavanaugh this morning told me pretty much all I need to know about Joe and Mika's angle on this story.  Biden did fine. I've tried to look into this story with as much of an open mind as possible, and I've come to the conclusion that it will not hold up to scrutiny. The media is just bored with COVID and know that they can get away with pretending that releasing Senate files would reveal anything (it won't, and they know that) other than giving lazy journalists some more fodder for unrelated "process" stories. 

Same here.  I tried to look at it objectively.   Mika saying "all women should be believed" is really  "I should always be believed, I really don't give a rats ass about any of you, unless of course you want to pay me $600 for a fucking teeshirt and hear a story about when my boob fell out of my dress at a meeting".  I don't know maybe lay off the breast enlargement surgeries or buy bras that fit? 

Know Your Value! And your bra size!! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

It's "women are to be heard" you idiot.   If I were Mika, I'd take a week off and let this blow over.  

Twitter is going after KYV right now, along with the old clips of her flirting with candidate Trump and ruffling his hair. If this is what brings down KYV, lol...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I don’t know if now is the time for Mika to be reminding the internet she had her career handed to her through the nepotism of her father’s last name. 🥴

Edited by XOQueens
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Joe Biden Receives Brzezinski Prize

OMG! I just saw this on her Twitter, posted right after the post about her "hard" questions interview. The Brzezinski Prize? Ha! Is that in reference to the actual (phony) prize or is that what she's calling her enlightening interview?!?!?!? Or is this her apology to Biden, saying "See, remember this? I really like you after all"? Someone needs to take her phone away. Bad timing, Meeks. Go watch Bamba saw some logs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, teddysmom said:

This made me laugh but also made me think of Cousin Greg(ory) in "Succession" and the cruise documents. (I just finished Season 2.) Was that an homage?

Fantastic show, BTW.

On 5/1/2020 at 6:37 AM, nittanycougar said:

Why is Mika hugging on male guests and touching their hair?  Based on that video, Mika lacks boundaries and is a harasser in her own right.  Professional women do not go around rubbing up on men at work.

Joe is kissing Andrew Cuomo's ass today.  He is such a try hard.  He just wants an invitation to social events where he and Mika can feel important again.

Of course the Biden interview is not until 8 am.  Fuck this show.

Mika & Joe have been chasing after important politicians since the show started.

They became very close with Gov Christie, Gov Mark Sanford, Gov Bob McDonnell & Gov Huckabee.

I remember an episode where Mika organized a run around the Capitol Mall for members of Congress and other politicians. Mika was desperate to get  Governor Chris Christie to show up & then hugged him & touched his stomach & told him running would help him lose weight. He was not amused. He ended up telling Mika that he couldn't run because it was his wife's birthday.

(edited)
On 5/1/2020 at 9:44 AM, teddysmom said:

Does anyone watch "What We Do In The Shadows" on FX? First off, if you like silly off the wall brilliant comedy, please watch. It is hilarious.  

I bring it up because one of the characters is not a traditional vampire, he's what called an "energy vampire".  He sucks the energy and life from everyone around him by blathering on about stuff no one cares about until they just fall on the floor unconscious. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we found us another energy vampire. 

May I please to introduce, Mika Brzezinski-Scarborough, Energy Vampire.  Her whining, constant harping about subjects that are of no interest to anyone, and mindless chatter about how to apply bronzer, giving up sugar, or what ice cream is the best, will suck the life out of anyone. 

This description of Mika is 100% accurate.

I remember how upset she got with Joe when anyone objected to Mayor Bloomberg's ban on large soda drinks. She badgered every guest if they supported drinking soda.

Joe brought a large plastic bottle of soda on the set & started to drink it.  Mika freaked out. She stormed off the set.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2020 at 11:06 AM, BelleBrit said:

Thank you for reminding me about their defense of Halperin and Brokaw. 

Mika also said that Matt Lauer & Chris Matthews did not sexually harass her.

I suspect that Mika informed the men who work at NBC not to flirt with her because Joe would get jealous. No one at the network would want to get Joe who is considered to be the big man on campus upset.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2020 at 10:47 AM, plumbago blues said:

Whoa. What a trainwreck. First off, Mika was the absolute worst person in the MSNBC stable to try to act like a fact finding reporter. Her own philandering history aside, she is not known for spontaneous thinking and speaking...and her trying to do both at the same time was painful. And difficult. One note Nancy, for sure. All the U Delaware stuff went nowhere but it was enlightening to hear him say all of his prior positions/speeches were hidden away so they couldn't be used as election time fodder. Whaaaaa? So no running on your record? No plans to "clarify" what you really meant? The fact that Mika is now the MeToo monitor after her friends from the show were give passes is unbelievable. I guess Joe wields more power at MSNBC than I thought. It seemed obvious that he fed her the questions but he forgot that she isn't capable of following up with more on her own. One thing, her gravely voice did make her sound a little more "edgy" but I'm sure Ruhle or Maddow could have done this without laryngitis and still show some strength. I really think this was just a ratings grab.

I agree that Joe helped her draft some the questions especially about whether or not Biden had obtained  Non Disclosure Agreements from Tara Reade and other employees.

• Love 5
(edited)

On 5/2/2020 at 12:28 PM, oakville said:

I remember an episode where Mika organized a run around the Capitol Mall for members of Congress and other politicians. Mika was desperate to get  Governor Chris Christie to show up & then hugged him & touched his stomach & told him running would help him lose weight. He was not amused. He ended up telling Mika that he couldn't run because it was his wife's birthday.

This is absolutely terrible.  It is body shaming and shows a real lack of empathy for a person who has struggled with their weight. Unfortunately it's not surprising coming from Meeks.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

This is absolutely terrible.  It is body shaming and shows a real lack of empathy for a person who has struggled with their weight. Unfortunately it's not surprising coming from Meeks.

It got worse in 2013 when Mika co authored the book, "Obsessed" on eating disorders with her friend Diane Smith. Diane was overweight & wrote about her struggle with over eating . Mika insisted on calling her fat in the book & on the publicity tour.

Mika said she struggled with being thin in order to stay on tv. There was a big backlash against Mika for fat shaming her co author who got upset at Mika's constant jabs about Diane's weight on tv. She stopped appearing on the tour.

Joe ended up accompanying Mika on her book tour throughout the USA to help comfort her. Joe told the story of Mika eating all the chocolate cake & breaded chicken after an event in Orange County California.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?312872-1/obsessed-americas-food-addiction-own

Edited by oakville