Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, oakville said:

It is a special show because Mika is in Washington to celebrate the 40th anniversary of her family's dinner with Deng Xiaping. A state dinner at their house.

I have no idea why this is a thing.  I appreciate a state dinner with the Chinese, but I truly believe this is just more of the self promotion these two wallow in. 

52 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe warned Democrats that they have to care about Border Security. The midwest states want border security.

Oh Joe, if only Democrats gave even one rat's ass about you and what you think.  

17 minutes ago, may flowers said:

when Mika halts the discussion because they are going to move on to a reminiscence of her father’s diplomatic efforts in the 70s.

All she has is her father's legacy. Unless being an adulteress who can barely read a teleprompter is something historians will write about. 

• Love 12
54 minutes ago, oakville said:

Mika said the GOP could not attack Obama over his race.

Since when?  Where was she during Obama's eight years?  Granted, most of the stuff was "cloaked" in a wink-wink, nod-nod kind of way but... it was dog whistles for the Tea Party group.  I mean really...what planet was Meeka on?  Sweet Jesus, did she really say that?  I didnt' see the show until right after 8:00.  But really, why bother watching earlier when the 8:00 hour is mostly a rerun.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe warned Democrats that they have to care about Border Security. The midwest states want border security.

I didn't see any of the show today, but I have a question. Friend-of-the-show Tom Brokaw got in some hot water (at least on Twitter) after his appearance on MtP. He was talking about what people in the Midwest want and don't want. He specifically mentioned hearing from these Midwesterners that they don't want brown grandchildren. He later apologized if he offended anyone. Were Brokaw's comments discussed on the show? 

1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Joe said something that pissed me off.  He was lauding KH for her great tag line "We're better than this," and of course, denigrating Hillary because  she never had a good tagline, only "I'm with her."  Idiot Joe--there was no Trump and the massacre he's done to this country back then!

Came here to write the same thing.  For so many reasons, his comments irritated me to no end. 

29 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

I didn't see any of the show today, but I have a question. Friend-of-the-show Tom Brokaw got in some hot water (at least on Twitter) after his appearance on MtP. He was talking about what people in the Midwest want and don't want. He specifically mentioned hearing from these Midwesterners that they don't want brown grandchildren. He later apologized if he offended anyone. Were Brokaw's comments discussed on the show? 

Brokaw has "Friend of the Show" status, so his comments were not discussed. Brokaw also urged Hispanics to work harder at assimilating. Almiche was on the panel with him on MTP & was upset with his comments. She reminded Brokaw that it is ok to speak Spanish as well.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Since when?  Where was she during Obama's eight years?  Granted, most of the stuff was "cloaked" in a wink-wink, nod-nod kind of way but... it was dog whistles for the Tea Party group.  I mean really...what planet was Meeka on?  Sweet Jesus, did she really say that?  

Additionally birtherism, which Trump championed, is racist and was regularly used to attack Obama in the open. Mika needs to think before speaking. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Came here to write the same thing.  For so many reasons, his comments irritated me to no end. 

I think Joe would prefer if Biden ran so he is looking to say superficial things about Kamala.. Mika will support all the women running on her Know Your Value platform. Joe

Just now, may flowers said:

Additionally birtherism, which Trump championed, is racist and was regularly used to attack Obama in the open. Mika needs to think before speaking. 

Mika has enough trouble with the TelePrompter. Thinking before she speaks would add pressure.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I have no idea why this is a thing.  I appreciate a state dinner with the Chinese, but I truly believe this is just more of the self promotion these two wallow in. 

Oh Joe, if only Democrats gave even one rat's ass about you and what you think.  

All she has is her father's legacy. Unless being an adulteress who can barely read a teleprompter is something historians will write about. 

I wonder if the Brezezinski's would really have a 40th anniversary party. I suspect it was a joke to appease critics who complain about Mika not being on set in Washington. Joe brought up Mika spilling soup on Deng's lap which was embarrassing.

Joe always likes to give advice to Democrats & Republicans.

• Love 2

Mika said the GOP could not attack Obama over his race.

I think that was Kamala Harris. They said that the optics of Trump attacking an African American woman would look bad. They should ask Rep. Maxine Waters if she thinks he cares. Or Gold Star widow Myeshia Johnson, or former ESPN host Jemelle Hill. . . 

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe said Trump had no idea how Washington works.

Good thing Joe warned us over and over again during the election. Oh, wait. . .

So I guess Joe slept through that month when the Dems offered twenty five billion for the wall in exchange for DACA protection.

Joe, it's not Red States (who are apparently God's people) vs Blue States (who are elite heathens), it's urban/suburban/rural. Chicago has a lot more in common with New York than downstate Illinois. And the same with upstate NY, downstate Illinois.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, xaxat said:

I think that was Kamala Harris. They said that the optics of Trump attacking an African American woman would look bad. They should ask Rep. Maxine Waters if she thinks he cares. Or Gold Star widow Myeshia Johnson, or former ESPN host Jemelle Hill. . . 

Good thing Joe warned us over and over again during the election. Oh, wait. . .

So I guess Joe slept through that month when the Dems offered twenty five billion for the wall in exchange for DACA protection.

Joe, it's not Red States (who are apparently God's people) vs Blue States (who are elite heathens), it's urban/suburban/rural. Chicago has a lot more in common with New York than downstate Illinois. And the same with upstate NY, downstate Illinois.

Yes, they mentioned that the GOP had trouble attacking Obama directly about his race while he was President.

They also said that Trump could not attack Kamala as well based on her race. Her dad was from Jamaica & her mom was from India.

Joe did not mention the Democrats offer nor acknowledge the urban/suburban/rural split.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Chicago has a lot more in common with New York than downstate Illinois.

True. Believe it or not, Indianapolis is MUCH more liberal than the rest of the state, even just one county north of us. We had a Democratic Congressman in my district until it got gerrymandered into Hamilton County.   

6 minutes ago, oakville said:

They also said that Trump could not attack Kamala as well based on her race. Her dad was from Jamaica & her mom was from India.

Can't wait for him to try to figure out which countries those are, and how he can devise a nickname for her.  Kamala Harris, whom I refer to as the woman who terrifies me almost as much as "Nancy". 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said someone should have taken away the phone from Trump. He tweets too much.

Joe said the key is to have communication protocol & discipline. Trump would have been more successful.

Joe is an idiot.  Not only do Trump supporters love his lying, insulting tweets, Trump actually has communications staff that tweet on his behalf all day long.  Most of the tweets we see were not written by Trump.  I thought Joe knew everything.  Why doesn't he know this?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Joe said something that pissed me off.  He was lauding KH for her great tag line "We're better than this," and of course, denigrating Hillary because  she never had a good tagline, only "I'm with her."  Idiot Joe--there was no Trump and the massacre he's done to this country back then!!!  Harris' line should just say "We're better than Trump" and get to the presumed point.

That wasn’t even her tagline! Her tagline was Forward Together. Sheesh, JOE.

This morning’s Mika-induced TelePrompTer kefuffle: Pronouncing “debacle” as “debuckle.” And she’s back on “Wicca-leaks.” Honestly, it’s so painful to watch her flail about, pretending to be a newsreader.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, izabella said:

Joe is an idiot.  Not only do Trump supporters love his lying, insulting tweets, Trump actually has communications staff that tweet on his behalf all day long.  Most of the tweets we see were not written by Trump.  I thought Joe knew everything.  Why doesn't he know this?

Joe considered himself to be was part of Trump's inner circle during the transition.  He did advise him to stop tweeting insults. Trump did not listen to Joe . Joe has stated that you can tell which tweets are from Trump directly.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Eliot said:

That wasn’t even her tagline! Her tagline was Forward Together. Sheesh, JOE.

This morning’s Mika-induced TelePrompTer kefuffle: Pronouncing “debacle” as “debuckle.” And she’s back on “Wicca-leaks.” Honestly, it’s so painful to watch her flail about, pretending to be a newsreader.

Mika had to interact with the other panelists  today in person for the first time this year .

It must have caused her additional stress and caused her to mispronounce the words.

She might need to take some off work this week to recover.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, oakville said:

Brokaw has "Friend of the Show" status, so his comments were not discussed. Brokaw also urged Hispanics to work harder at assimilating. Almiche was on the panel with him on MTP & was upset with his comments. She reminded Brokaw that it is ok to speak Spanish as well.

Joe tweeted that he supports Brokaw.

"Tom Brokaw has spent his life reporting on civil rights, from his earliest days at Atlanta’s WSB during the bitter civil rights struggles of the 60s. Mr. Brokaw apologized and hopefully will be shown grace for his half century of civil rights reporting. https://www.civilrightsmuseum.org/news/posts/tom-brokaw-to-receive-a-2014-lifetime-achievement-freedom-award …"

• Love 1
5 hours ago, oakville said:

"Tom Brokaw has spent his life reporting on civil rights, from his earliest days at Atlanta’s WSB during the bitter civil rights struggles of the 60s. Mr. Brokaw apologized and hopefully will be shown grace for his half century of civil rights reporting. https://www.civilrightsmuseum.org/news/posts/tom-brokaw-to-receive-a-2014-lifetime-achievement-freedom-award …"

I'm sick of outrage.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm sick of outrage.

I wonder if Morning Joe will bring him back on the show to discuss issues facing Hispanics in the USA. ?

He mentioned the fear his friends had over "brown grandbabies" on Morning Joe last week.

• Love 2

Tuesday recap. Mika & Joe are together on set in NYC!. Joe is joking about missing the morning Joe Christmas special with Kanye West.

Joe aid Willie's expose on Morning Joe will be called Team of Vipers.

Joe keeps leaning his right shoulder into Mika. He might tip over if he is not careful.

Mika said their show is the longest running cable anchor team.

Howard Shultz got booed at the press event.

Joe said people shouldn't predict the results of political events a year ahead . Isn't that what Joe tries to do every day?

Joe said people yell at him & Mika at book events. Luckily there are no cameras .

Eugene acknowledged that the conventional wisdom is wrong but he supports the group against Shultz.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wonder if Morning Joe will bring him back on the show to discuss issues facing Hispanics in the USA. ?

He mentioned the fear his friends had over "brown grandbabies" on Morning Joe last week.

He said that before he again said it on MTP on Sunday?

Joe derailed discussion of his highly anticipated op ed on Kamala Harris.. Joe started talking about Field of Dreams vs The Natural. Heidi was speechless. She wanted to talk about Kamala. Heidi is in Washington.

It's impressive how quickly MSNBC addressed the critiques of the show from the NY Post & Washington Post. Mika & Joe are on set together with Willie. The chyrons clearly state that Joe is in NY & Heidi is in Washington.

I wonder if this is a short term strategy of damage control. Mika & Joe have to spend 183 days in Florida to get the tax free status.

I suspect they showed up for the Chris Christie book launch. There will probably be free snacks.

2 minutes ago, stormy said:

He said that before he again said it on MTP on Sunday?

Yes.

Mika & Joe complained about Hillary Clinton not having a message for 2016. Joe likes Kamala & Elizabeth's messages.

• Love 7

Joe is happy discussing the Team of Vipers book. Mika & Joe are mentioned in it. Joe said Trump is a good host. Joe said that Mika & Joe were at War with Trump during the entire campaign. That is flat out wrong.

Joe said Trump never said anything racist for 12 years to him before running for President.

• Love 3

Enough of the collaborator.   Bring on the bully who let a woman take the fall for the bridge debacle and used his political privilege to have a beach day for his family while the public was turned away -- from a public beach. 

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

Mika is so unprepared for this Team of Vipers discussion it's embarrassing.  It's hard to watch because of her awkwardness.  The way she kicked the first segment to commercial was so cringey I felt uncomfortable for her.
Today she's won the Mika weirdness bingo before 7am. 

Making weird sounds to be heard - check
Saying "wow" or "uh huh" - as if reacting with syllables is a  reply - check
Too uncomfortable to directly challenge a guest, and instead is wishy washy - check
Interrupting so that she's heard, but with nothing to say - check
Interrupting without conviction to take control of the conversation - check
Allowing Joe to speak over her - check
Throwing it to commercial so poorly she and Joe are talking over each other as the commercials begin - check
(edit - most important thing she did wrong and always does wrong) Is totally unprepared with facts ahead of time so that she can have a substantive discussion with the author, and so that she may push back against erroneous assertions from a position of knowledge and preparation - check and double check

A master class in how not to conduct a weighty interview.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 14

And then, after the second Team of Viper segment ends, she actually takes the time to state how uncomfortable Whitaker looks from being on camera.  Mika Brzezinski made fun of someone else being uncomfortable on camera.
Joe is ranting right now, she is smirking and sighing and looking through piles of paper and saying background syllables... as if Joe's rants make her uncomfortable.

• Love 6

Ok, they are actively showing Mika frantically flipping through Christie's book as they are interviewing him.  Nice prep work Team Scarborough.  Also love Joe's hand placement on the books they are supposed to be promoting (draped over the cover so you can't even see it).  I thought this show really couldn't get much worse but bringing both of them on live and in the same studio has managed to achieve that.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Joe is ranting right now, she is smirking and sighing and looking through piles of paper and saying background syllables... as if Joe's rants make her uncomfortable.

Absolutely perfect description of these two "show hosts".    Especially ....."and saying background syllables".   Background syllables!!  That is Meek-a's quintessential role on MJ:  Background syllables.   That will make me smile all day.   Every day.

• Love 5

UGGH.  Already Mika is bugging with her breathy praise every time she talks about about Kamala Harris.  Right now she's reading some article about her with the gravity usually reserved for the "I Have a Dream" speech.

Can someone tell me why Chris Christie ALWAYS sounds so sensible and right on?  And his ratings have been in the tank for a long time.  He's someone who I always want to believe, and I'm not happy about that.

Joe was chiding us about our Dire predictions about Ralph NadarImean Howard Schultz getting Trump elected.  Finger wagging about us predicting things too soon, which can't be done.  Can Schultz run 6 years from now, when the fate of the world is not in jeopardy? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, millennium said:

That whole "people come up to me in the airport and are wonderful" business was too hard to swallow.   What these men never consider is the people who *don't* come up to them in the airport, out of utter disdain or concern that they might lose control and tell them how they really feel. 

It was a competition between Joe & Chris over who gets more appreciative fans in airports.

Christie said that his transition plan was better than Hillary's. Trump would have been less focused on immigration. He blamed Jeff Sessions for the child separation.

Chris & Joe discussed their mutual admiration of Bruce Springsteen.

Christie blamed Bridgegate on his staff.

Christie said Trump has a C level legal team. He doesn't listen to lawyers.

Christie does not get along with Jared. Trump ha to take responsibility for his family.

Christie will not be Chief of Staff to Trump

Edited by oakville
  • Love 5

We did it! We got them back in studio!

Joe, reacting to a poll showing thirty something percent believe Trump is knowledgeable enough to be president, "Who are these people? Who believes he is smart enough to do the job?" Two years and two months ago that would be you Joe. That would be you.

Joe really needs to let go of his Hilary obsession. It would seen that his analysis of any Democratic woman running for the presidential nomination is an primarily an opportunity to criticize her campaign.

Too bad Hans Nichol was in front of a backdrop and not actually in the distillery. 

These guys should not talk sports. They are not very good at it.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Can someone tell me why Chris Christie ALWAYS sounds so sensible and right on?  And his ratings have been in the tank for a long time.  He's someone who I always want to believe, and I'm not happy about that.

I can't answer your question because I felt the same way for part of the interview and was shaking my head over it.  Some of the interview was hard to understand with Joe interrupting so much and cutting off points Chris was making.  Chris said you need to give Trump a range of good people to choose from to get a good choice for a position while seeming not blaming Trump.  Was he even listening to what he was saying?  Trump selected / approved the people in the lead roles.  Trump is responsible.

Willie and Nike's questions were shorter, straight to the point and they didn't interrupt Chris. The discussion was better.

Yet again, another reference was made by Joe to Trump being a Democrat and contributing to Democrats in the past.  Sorry Joe, He ran as a Republican and won as a Republican and has all the Republican Senators and Representatives supporting whatever he does!  You can't get rid of him that easily.

Edited by madfortv
Fixed syntax
  • Love 10

Can I be shallow for a minute and say that Chris Christie's gastric bypass surgery is no longer working.  He's back up to his original weight.

I thought the statement that Jeff Sessions cooked up the "separate kids from their families and they'll no longer come here" idea was totally Sessions own was something I hadn't heard/realized.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, madfortv said:

I can't answer your question because I felt the same way for part of the interview and was shaking my head over it.  Some of the interview was hard to understand with Joe interrupting so much and cutting off points Chris was making.  Chris said you need to give Trump a range of good people to choose from to get a good choice for a position while seeming not blaming Trump.  Was he even listening to what he was saying?  Trump selected / approved the people in the lead roles.  Trump is responsible.

Willie and Nike's questions were shorter, straight to the point and they didn't interrupt Chris. The discussion was better.

Yet again, another reference was made by Joe to Trump being a Democrat and contributing to Democrats in the past.  Sorry Joe, He ran as a Republican and won as a Republican and has all the Republican Senators and Representatives supporting whatever he does!  You can't get rid of him that easily.

Christie was fired before his transition plan could be implemented. He said that Trump needed people with government experience. He said that Trump is nice in private.

13 hours ago, oakville said:

Wasn’t Brokaw recently brought up on the subject of sexual harassment in the workplace concerns (which Mika said could never have happened because he never did anything appropriate to her)? #FriendOfShowStatus

Edited by XOQueens
Words
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, stormy said:

Joe is confusing "reporting" with "working to stop it".  Nothing wrong with reporting on issues of the day, Joe is making it sound like he threw down his microphone and picked up a sign and marched across the bridge in Selma.   If there's a lynching or a church is set on fire, of course a network or tv station would send Brokaw to report on it.  I did a little research and yes he went to Atlanta and covered civil rights, I'm not sure I'd build a monument to him quite yet. 

I'm still in shock over the events of this morning. Who are those 2 people sitting at the desk with Willie & Barnicle?  Did public pressure shame them? 

I guess they have to be there to greet friend of the show Chris Christie as he expounds on his brilliance in setting up the greatest transition, even better than the Clinton's, which he actually said with a straight face. Your facts may vary.  Be careful Chris.  Transition team was involved in conversations with Russians. You may find yourself subpoenaed to appear before the Grand Jury. 

And tomorrow we have a new billionaire. Will Scarborough & Co Media Consultants assist in his bid to fuck up the 2020 Presidential race? Except he won't make it to the primaries. 

I swear to God last night on MTP Daily Katy was announcing Schultz' appearance on MJ tomorrow and she said "Howard Schultz joins JoMika".  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, stormy said:

Way too much time spent on Cliff Sims.  He's underwhelming and I don't know what his point is other than a quick way to make a buck. 

He was on Colbert last night and I had to turn it off.  I am SICK of these people who had no problem hitching their wagons to Trump, knowing full well what he was, and then having a "crisis of conscious" and quitting, just to cash in with a book.

Hey Cliff - that God you worship? He sees and knows EVERYTHING!!!  You aided and abetted Trump, you don't get to make money off the crimes. 

• Love 10

Hey Cliff - that God you worship? He sees and knows EVERYTHING!!!  You aided and abetted Trump, you don't get to make money off the crimes.

Today is my day to be shallow apparently---He looks very weasel-like.  Also, would you hire someone who reported what your boss--KAC-- said in an unguarded moment (if what the boss said wasn't illegal/immoral).  I guess these ex-Trump staff feel their books will give them enough income that they won't need a future employer. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

He was on Colbert last night and I had to turn it off.  I am SICK of these people who had no problem hitching their wagons to Trump, knowing full well what he was, and then having a "crisis of conscious" and quitting, just to cash in with a book.

Don't they sign Non disclosure agreements?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I thought the statement that Jeff Sessions cooked up the "separate kids from their families and they'll no longer come here" idea was totally Sessions own was something I hadn't heard/realized.

I'm not sure how Christie would know that.  And I think he might be forgetting about Stephen Miller and Kirstjen Nielsen.

• Love 6
On 1/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, teddysmom said:

True. Believe it or not, Indianapolis is MUCH more liberal than the rest of the state, even just one county north of us. We had a Democratic Congressman in my district until it got gerrymandered into Hamilton County.   

I believe Northwest Indiana is more liberal than Indianapolis. Just sayin'.